Winnebago Vista

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Vista RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Noah Nason from Virginia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I took this RV on two trips one was 29 days and 7600 miles in November 2018. I stayed at RV parks, Pilot/Flying J, Walmarts, and on family driveway. I experienced 8 degree temperatures and below freezing for several days. I drove very very carefully/slowly on slushy roads and on lightly snowy roads. I drove long miles on interstates and crossed the Rocky's twice a few times on narrow steep roads. THE GOOD: No problems with cold weather. See my detailed research on iRV2 Forums. It has plenty of space for 2 adults and a 242 pound English Mastiff. (I have a large ramp for dog.) However, with my 2 bicycles, large dog, and kayak I had to watch my GVWR. I had no issues with driving forward or back. It was comfortable and with stops every 2 hours I drove 13, 15, and 13 hours (1860 miles) without a problem. Shifting seemed problematic when in autopilot and I am thinking of getting 5Star Tuning add-on. Visibility is excellent for driver and all passengers. I have no problem going the speed limit and had plenty of power up all those hills. Unsure what it would have been like if I was pulling the allowed 5,000 pounds. LP, fresh water, grey, and black tanks are big enough to go several days without needing to fill up or dump. I calculated, with a full tank, you could run the gasoline generator (I have 50 amp mod.) between 75 and 100 hours. So this would be a good to great boon docking RV. For two people and large dog it is livable without putting out the slide which made stopping at Pilot/Flying J a breeze. I like the floor plan. It is really well thought out. My wife likes the kitchen layout and storage spaces. I like the fact that I can run my CPAP off of the inverter. THE OK: The truck battery went bad but the house battery boost worked perfectly and it was replaced for free. 12,000 mile warrantee is way too short. The truck radio went bad and it was fixed for free. There were a few minor issues at delivery which were taken care of for free. Fuel mileage ranged from 9 to 5.5 mpg. The 5.5 was into a fierce headwind across Nebraska. The vehicle sways and I installed RoadMaster front and rear sway bars and a front stabilizer. As loaded as the RV was at max GVWR, I felt the RV was a little bouncy so I installed front and rear Sumo Springs. NOTE: All these add-ons are so often installed I think Winnebago should offer them as factory installed options. THE BAD: Winnebago advertises this seats 7 and has room to sleep 4 adults and up to 4 kids depending on size. I don't see how 7 people could travel with a full tank of gas without being overweight. This is a Ford F53 chassis with none of the driving aids I have in my Silverado. It has backup and left/right cameras but no backup alarm. Radio screen is small. Driving lights are not automatic. Merely adequate controls on the steering wheel. No turn blinkers on mirrors. The AV control center over the door is dated (nice feature but no support for HDMI.) RV doesn't come with an AGS (automatic generator start) or the option to add at factory. With a dog we want to know if shore power goes down that the ONAN generator will start up and power the air conditioners to keep our dog safe while we are gone. The wet compartment opening for the sewer drain is too small for our sewer hose. The back tank has a very small seep (so didn't out last two RVs) so when you remove the cap you get sewage leaking into the wet compartment. I added an aftermarket valve to prevent this. This should be standard. Engine braking should be an option. I have had a high end 39 foot 5th wheel and a 25 foot class C. The 5th wheel was wonderful when stopped but driving required lots of advance planning. The class C was great to drive but too small for long trips. This 30 foot doesn't have the space of my 5th wheel or of a large class A and it isn't quite as handy as the class C but is a keeper for our needs. So far it is so easy to pack up I have not felt the need for a tode. I did get TireMinders for my tires.
- Noah Nason , Virginia

2021-07-26 2018 Winnebago Vista 27PE View Listings

Used very little. Great RV. Drives great , easy to drive. 3 TVs. Has a lot of storage. Easy to set up with hydraulic leveling. Great floor plan. Onan generator. We love the RV. We had fun with it the times we used it. We just don't have time to use it . I added a spare tire and wheel and a carrier on the rear.
- Brian Burton, Indiana

2021-07-26 2009 Winnebago Vista 32K View Listings

If you want a drivable RV and have young kids, they deserve their own sleeping space, buy a bunk model Class A. The hassle of converting couches or dinettes to bed every night is too much work (for everyone, don't kid yourself). That is why I specifically sought out a Class A with 2 bunk beds. The kids get their own space to relax in and the adults would not need to deal with the hassle of assembling beds every night. This has been a great RV, its got plenty of power, comfortable seating. We've really had no issues with it. Nice and water tight, a/c's work well. All the plumbing has been great. The only issue we've had was the counter top surface cracked and peeled. I replaced the counter tops with new stuff from the hardware store. It really didn't effect the use of the vehicle, but was an eye sore. The slide outs are starting to bind due to their age. I would like to replace them, but replacements are not available. The generator is showing signs of age and lack of use. But the frame and flooring has held up well. We frequently tow a Ford Flex behind the camper and hardly notice it back there.
- Ethan Campbell, Minnesota

2021-07-10 2012 Winnebago Vista 35F View Listings

I have owned this RV for ten years and my wife and I have enjoyed using it for trips to Colorado and to Georgia from our home near Houston. It is well equipped and very comfortable. It drives well and handles mountain passes adequately. It is roomy on the inside and the kitchen has everything you need. The back bedroom provides comfort and privacy and the sofa pulls out to a full size bed and the kitchen table converts to a kid's bed. The entire RV is well designed and well made. The Ford chassis is excellent.
- Robert Bishop, Texas

2021-07-09 2008 Winnebago Vista 32K View Listings

Great RV. Easy to drive and set up. Slide outs make it roomy. Only draw back is shower is a little tight because I’m 6’6 and 300 lbs. Everyone else’ finds it great. Automatic leveler is the best invention since sliced bread
- Michael, New York

2021-06-18 2014 Winnebago Vista WFE26HE View Listings

This is a very livable RV and easy to drive. It goes easily in one parker spot and in any national park campsite. The RV has a V10 engine. It is incredibly powerful. The turning radius is way above excellent.
- Jennifer Wilkinson, North Carolina

2021-05-13 2013 Winnebago Vista 30T View Listings

I traded up from a Thor ACE to the Winnebago because of quality. Because of my work locations I ended up living the Rig for about a year. I was extremely happy with the little things the Thor didn't have. First the padded interior roof. Plus the larger living area TV which I used a computer monitor at times. One big item the Winnebago has is a fiberglass roof not the rubber roof membrane. All in all the Winnebago served me well. All RVs need to be maintained, I had two large items, the AC unit was replaced, as well as the motorized step. Both were under warranty and not manufactured by Winnebago. If I were to purchase another RV it would be manufactured by Winnebago.
- ED, South Carolina

2021-01-16 2017 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

This Winnebago model was just right for a weekend trip or several months of travel/sightseeing. All the comforts of home with amazing storage. Now that is saying something as I am 6' 7". The vehicle handled great and that included towing a Mini Cooper. Turning radius was fantastic and the ride smooth. It even became smoother when I added an airbag shock system. In addition, the outside kitchen area was so practical and used every trip. With 3 TV's relaxation, movie or sporting events were always available. There are many more bonuses to add but I think you get the picture. Oh, just incase, storage outside compartments are super and easily accessible. The 2017 Winnebago Vista 29 VE is a great unit!
- Jeff Cable, Florida

2020-10-09 2015 Winnebago Vista 27N View Listings

THE WINNEBAGO VISTA 27N AT 28' 9" IS JUST THE PERFECT SIZE UNIT TO ENTER AND STAY IN MOST NATIONAL PARKS, HANDELS WELL IN ADVERSE WEATHER WITHOUT ANY ALTERATIONS TO SUSPENSION. AND IS THE PERFECT SIZE UNIT FOR A FAMILY OF 4.
- BILL TESHERA, Nevada

2020-09-26 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

Holy cow! Never, ever, ever; let me state that again, ever purchase a Winnebago. The workmanship, quality of work, attention to detail could not possibly be lower. You will experience multiple failures, warranty runaround, and general lack of quality materials and craftsmanship like you have never experienced. I only hope that this review saves some pain and heartache to anyone considering purchasing one of these unreliable and unsupported coaches. I am currently at the repair facility in Iowa on a waiting list to have at least 18 repairs addressed; but good luck with any appointment or customer service. Plan to spend at least a full week waiting for repairs.; and if you get those; anticipate even more disappointments. I digress; we purchased a brand new Vista, 30 foot coach a mere 3 weeks ago. The brakes have failed, generator quit working, inadequate water pressure, solar and battery charging issues just to name a few. Do not walk away from these coaches; RUN!! I can only hope to save others the pain that we have experienced. Be prepared along with your checkbook to bring along plenty of duct tape, superglue, and RTV silicone sealant as these seem to be the favorite tools of manufacturing. Also bring your life experience and knowledge because you will be talked out of any common sense repair satisfaction. It is with deep Disappointed that I write this review as it was my dream to drive away with a Winnebago for years.
- Douglas Weber, Iowa

2020-08-30 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I used to hold Winnebagos in high regard, but no more! I worked hard all my life and dreamed of retirement and motor home enjoyment for many years, but I have been sorely disappointed with this make and model!!! First off, the alignment was terrible; my husband could not believe it was possible to drive it from the factory to Texas in that condition. Had it aligned (I was told it required wedges to correct). Had to literally fight with dealership to pay for the repair, as they said that was not a warranty issue. Next we experienced issues with side compartment doors popping open as we drove; noted by the dealership, but no fix offered. Side entry door closes extremely hard; must be slammed shut most of the time. Dealership acknowledged this door was problematic, but offered no solution. After several months, we noticed that the back wall was separating from the unit. Took it to the dealership and was told that after checking with Winnebago that they should just screw it back in place.....WHAT??? I was dumbfounded, so I called Winnebago, and indeed that was their solution. We asked for an extended warranty, and was told they would put a note in our file-gee thanks. While waiting to get the wall fixed, the generator went out after only 3 hours of use. Unit is now at dealership to be repaired, and we just got a text that we need a new back wall; maybe several months before that can happen. Overall material used in unit is vinyl and tape. My retirement dream has been so painful; do yourself a favor and stay far away from this make and model!
- Patricia Zimmerman, Texas

2020-08-29 2018 Winnebago Vista 27PE View Listings

After a disappointing experience with a 2015 (new) View, we're very happy with this rig. It has a reliable albeit slightly loud Triton engine, always starts (including through the Rockies winters), no issues with slides, leaks, or pumps. LOVE the power bed -- much more comfortable for adults than those cab-over bunks. Winnebago should update the styling --the mustard yellow and dark wood circa 1950 theme is VERY tired (but we're going to paint it, so that's fine). The couch is uncomfortable, we'll be ripping it out and replacing it with recliners, and painting the inside a brighter color. Other than that, very happy at 15,000 miles in.
- Don, Colorado

2020-08-21 2013 Winnebago Vista 35F View Listings

The Winnebago Vista 35F is an excellent value, combining quality components, versatility, and functionality at a reasonable price point compared to its competition. Besides offering all the usual amenities, it has exceptional storage capability for living or travel. Quality wood cabinets in the cabin and many large storage compartments underneath allow you to logically sort, separate and stow your gear, clothes and bath items. It is very comfortable and convenient for 1, 2 or even 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 kids. More would be pushing it even though they claim it sleeps 6. It has a separate powder room or half bath for guests who don’t have to share the Master Bathroom for anything other than the shower. Tall people will appreciate the headroom in that large shower, btw. The outdoor entertainment system (TV and stereo system) is an added plus for living room-like viewing under the stars. All in all, I would consider the unit to be an excellent entry level Motorhome that most people would not feel the need to upgrade. Truthfully, I couldn’t submit this review without filling out all 5 rating star fields, and the last one about the factory warranty/support I averaged, because I never had to call them so I have no real idea.
- Curt Trainer, Tennessee

2020-08-19 2013 Winnebago Vista 26HE View Listings

Very comfortable captain seats for driving distances. Size allows for easy parking anywhere. Just stop and go the bed. Easiest to winterize of any RV I have owned. With the very dependable generator, the puppy is safe to leave in any conditions as we check out an attraction that does not allow pets. Hate to sell but circumstances say it's time. Convenience and the ultimate in comfort whatever the location or weather. Take care of my baby....ENJOY!
- Rocky L. Brookmole, Texas

2020-08-07 2015 Winnebago Vista 35B View Listings

This RV is top of the line and sleeps up to 8 people. The optional overhead bed, however, gave us some problems (getting off track, stuck in the down position). The 3 slides provide a lot of extra living space and the double refrigerator comes in handy. Having 1.5 baths is a super convenience, too. I would recommend this Vista 35B to a family who wants all the comforts of home when on the road.
- Connie Campbell, Texas

2020-08-02 2014 Winnebago Vista 30T View Listings

I have owned this Motorhome since 2015.The only 2 items that were repaired were the slide motor on one of the 3 slides and the hydraulic pump motor on the leveling jacks. These were replaced in 2019 and were covered under an extended warranty. I love this motorhome, drives and handles like a cadilac.
- James Wills, North Carolina

2020-07-30 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

Warning people!! A terrible customer service. 0 levels of quality built . Now the bought newmar to make it more junk certified Please do yourself a favor Buy rolls Roy’s / Porsche or Lamborghini will be better and cheaper with 5 stars hotel !!
- Dr ron , Delaware

2020-07-23 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I cannot recommend this RV enough. The wall slide makes the RV spacious but I love the fact that you do not have to put the slide out in order to go to bed and no functionality is lost (kitchen, bath) if not out. Actually had a situation where we could not put it out for the night, no big deal. The storage is outstanding. We packed for a month long trip and still had storage room available. The size is perfect - not too big, not too little - for easy drivability and greater choices of campsites. The living space is arranged "conversationally". On our month long trip we met up with family - and a rain storm. Seven people sitting comfortably for conversation - no one sitting in a "line" as when the couch is on the same side and in line with the dinette. The table being across from the dinette easily expands the kitchen space if needed for dry dishes, etc. It's the little things - like the cubby by the door under the dinette - so great for making shoes and the dog leash handy. Outlets/USB on both sides of the bed and by the dinette. The TV is excellently placed, only 1 side of the dinette cannot see. We've had no mechanical issues in the 2 years we have had the RV - everything works! I wasn't sure about having an outdoor kitchen but we've used it every time we've taken the RV....and bonus...husband cooks. It moves uphill just fine although we pull a Jeep Cherokee so as expected slows us down a bit. This motorhome does everything we need it to do without being too small.
- Debi Capuchino, California

2020-07-14 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

biggest lemon ever bought Cherokee alpha wolf bought new can,t stay in it because if turn on air and frig same time main power shuts down. turned on water and leak in shower wall.suppose to be antenna guess what none. many more things but no body seems to give a dam. contacted couple of people and the only answer we get is fix it. oh yes gander rv we bought it from has gone bankrupt seems no one else has to help. company should at this point be willing to fix or exchange for a new one instead we get no help at all from company.lots of brands out there buy one of those not this lemon.
- ralph grundeman, Wisconsin

2020-07-05 2002 Winnebago Vista 21B View Listings

First off is Drivability, Front Wheel Drive VR6 makes this more like a 20' minivan to drive than a Class C rear-wheel drive. Gas milage 15- 18, 6' plus interior with all the amenities controlled inside. Huge screened windows and dual roof vents make for great ventilation and visibility. Storage outside accesses the entire width. Only made for a couple of years when big engine chassis took over. This is a very practical and functional Class C.
- Bob Johnson, Wisconsin

2020-06-23 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

Purchased the Vista new have had nothing but problems it leaks when it rains refrigerator will not switch to propane drivers seat swivel keeps breaking keeps poping breakers so no power to outlets entry door does not close properly now a new door has been ordered, this motorhome has been in the shop more than I have been able to use it and I am fed up next move get attorney and file under lemon law, now the transmission is leaking what a nightmare
- Joe Silva, California

2020-06-22 2013 Winnebago Vista 26HE View Listings

This was my first RV, and I love this thing! I am 5’2”, and as a small woman, I had no trouble handling this road warrior. Easy to handle on the highways and on the back roads. Plenty of room, I love to separate shower stall. Wonderful kitchen.
- Sharon, Pennsylvania

2020-05-07 2014 Winnebago Vista 35B View Listings

Quality of interior is immaculate: sturdy solid oak cabinets, solid & durable laminate flooring, so much storage inside & under w/ the double bathrooms (came in handy for tailgating). Easy start Generator which worked well with outdoor tailgating & dry camping. HD TV worked so well we never used the Satilite. We were able to have our entire family camp with us due to so much sleep space, so very open, never felt crowded. Very easy to just pull over at approved stops to sleep over on our way, one slide out or none for quick overnight.
- Katrina Ward, Virginia

2020-03-03 2017 Winnebago Vista 31KE View Listings

I've owned six class-A gas RV,s. We traveled 3-4 months each year for the past twelve years and this is by far the best living, and driving RV. The road handling is superior, and the basement space is 20 to 25% larger than the others. We love the drop down bed in the cab. Along with the fold out couch, convertible U-shaped dinette, and queen bed in the back, it sleeps 7 to 8 people. Winnebago builds a great rig.
- Vasilieff, Oregon

2020-02-19 2013 Winnebago Vista 35B View Listings

As a Winnebago, I feel that his rig was top notch. It's provided a wonderful service for us. It is easy to handle and A/C and electrical service are more than adequate. 2nd bath is great when the grandkids traveled with us. Purchased the rig with a protective finish and it still shines like it's just off the showroom floor. This was my 2nd Class A and both were Winnebago's and I would only purchase a Winnebago again. I've traveled with these 2 rigs the last 13 years and thoroughly enjoyed being on the road with this rig. Happy Camping
- Gary Stryker, New Jersey