Winnebago Vista RVs Reviews (35)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Vista RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

P C from Pennsylvania says:

Have you owned any Winnebago Vista RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Winnebago Vista 35F View Listings

The floor plan is nice , but the built quality is crap. The main slide out leaks. Two of the outside compartments leaked. One of the outside compartment doors that was not lined up properly and "fixed" by the dealer, jammed and we needed to brake into it to get it open. Engine coolent leaking from under the stove area and seeping out from under the cabinet ( from the engine assisted water heating system). Plastic covering the vents for the propane heating system in the walls in the main living area ( no heat coming out of vents). The frames were separating from the windows and when fixed the dealer either replaced the wrong window or did it incorrectly (screens and or window won't open and shut). Worse of all was having to deal with a completely incompetent dealer who screws up the work orders, replaces wrong items, doesn't place appointments for service in computer, doesn't return phone calls or emails, and refuses to stand behind their crappy work.
- P C, Pennsylvania

2019-06-20 2017 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

This RV is a complete lemon. I've had over 50 warranty problems with it, many were major, and some, extremely dangerous. Winnebago has absolutely no quality control at their factory and it seems like they rushed my unit out the door. Warranty service is a pain. You have to wait months for an appointment, then your RV spends months in the shop. Most Winnebago dealers refuse to work on your unit unless you purchased it from them. I wrote a letter to their president and still got no satisfaction. On the positive side, it drives like a dream, with lots of power and good handling, and it never overheats, even on long hills in the desert. It's engineered well (just not constructed well), so you have TONS of storage and it's easy to live in. I love the outdoor kitchen, and for a 30' unit, it has a big kitchen, bath, and huge TV. Only gripe is it is not insulated well, so is cold in the winter and hot in the summer. But all RV's of this type are built that way. The heater is in the back, so the bedroom heats well but the front (with all the windows) gets cold. We had to install a second A/C where the useful fantastic fan was located. Overall, it's an amazing unit, but the build quality and warranty support is so horrific, it's not worth buying. I'll never buy a Winnebago again.
- Darin Furry, California

2019-06-15 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I bought my Vista in San Diego, never having driven a class A motorhome. But, just sold my home and needed something to live in while the next property is being remodeled. Driving home noticed an excess of play in the wheel which I found unsettling. Also, when I went over a series of dips on a freeway which were not deep enough to be visible, I literally left my seat there was so much bouncing. I only weigh 100 lbs so that's a contributing factor. Other than the foregoing it drove well. That day I parked and hit the hydrolic jack leveler. It was like an E ride with one side going way up and dropping fast, and other extreme movements. The front right jack was stuck half way down and the rv was very tilted. I called the dealership I just left and the person in sales said that's normal. I knew he was wrong so got on the forums. Learned how to manually recalibrate. Got the jack up but couldn't level. Brought it in for service. Picked it up and tryed the repaired hydrolic jacks and ended up with two front jacks in the air two back ones down which was scary since I was pointed slightly downhill. Service determined the controller was defective. So, they ordered one. Now, the rv is level. They also ordered missing valve covers and missing barbecue, which the dealership refused to deal with the day after purchase. Dealership staff gave me conflicting and bad info, were less than helpful, and didn't return calls. La Mesa service center (located in el cajon) were great. They were polite, responsive and helpful. My service rep, fought with the dealership and the manufacturer to finally get the items missing upon purchase. Everything was covered by warranty, so no cost, just down time. Awesome service, highly recommend. The kitchen layout is great except the long narrow pantry next to the fridge. It's very deep and I can't reach the back. They should have put slide out drawers(available in their small rv) which I have now ordered. I Love the interior, the flip desk in the dash, and the storage. The couch is really comfortable, but does not lay flat when open. So noone could ever sleep on the deep v shape. But, the service department took a photo to check with the manufacturer about this. The dinette table is the only item they really skimped on. They should have used the same wood as the flip desk. It would look so much better and be more sturdy. I may have one built even if it adds a bit of weight. The bathroom and shower are nice and roomy for an rv. The cab over hydrolic bed is very comfortable and perfect for a tall person. The fridge works great and has ample room for just me. The hanging closets, drawers and storage in the bedroom were the best of all the small class A's. The one thing I really wish I could change is the large emergency window next to the bed which doesn't open. I always have open windows and love to feel the breeze. While there's great visibility and large windows on the sides, with no openings in the back you can't get the cross breeze from that direction. I am going to switch the emergency window for one I can open if at all possible. Then this will be a very comfortable place to live for a little while.
- Denis, California

2019-01-24 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I took this RV on two trips one was 29 days and 7600 miles in November 2018. I stayed at RV parks, Pilot/Flying J, Walmarts, and on family driveway. I experienced 8 degree temperatures and below freezing for several days. I drove very very carefully/slowly on slushy roads and on lightly snowy roads. I drove long miles on interstates and crossed the Rocky's twice a few times on narrow steep roads. THE GOOD: No problems with cold weather. See my detailed research on iRV2 Forums. It has plenty of space for 2 adults and a 242 pound English Mastiff. (I have a large ramp for dog.) However, with my 2 bicycles, large dog, and kayak I had to watch my GVWR. I had no issues with driving forward or back. It was comfortable and with stops every 2 hours I drove 13, 15, and 13 hours (1860 miles) without a problem. Shifting seemed problematic when in autopilot and I am thinking of getting 5Star Tuning add-on. Visibility is excellent for driver and all passengers. I have no problem going the speed limit and had plenty of power up all those hills. Unsure what it would have been like if I was pulling the allowed 5,000 pounds. LP, fresh water, grey, and black tanks are big enough to go several days without needing to fill up or dump. I calculated, with a full tank, you could run the gasoline generator (I have 50 amp mod.) between 75 and 100 hours. So this would be a good to great boon docking RV. For two people and large dog it is livable without putting out the slide which made stopping at Pilot/Flying J a breeze. I like the floor plan. It is really well thought out. My wife likes the kitchen layout and storage spaces. I like the fact that I can run my CPAP off of the inverter. THE OK: The truck battery went bad but the house battery boost worked perfectly and it was replaced for free. 12,000 mile warrantee is way too short. The truck radio went bad and it was fixed for free. There were a few minor issues at delivery which were taken care of for free. Fuel mileage ranged from 9 to 5.5 mpg. The 5.5 was into a fierce headwind across Nebraska. The vehicle sways and I installed RoadMaster front and rear sway bars and a front stabilizer. As loaded as the RV was at max GVWR, I felt the RV was a little bouncy so I installed front and rear Sumo Springs. NOTE: All these add-ons are so often installed I think Winnebago should offer them as factory installed options. THE BAD: Winnebago advertises this seats 7 and has room to sleep 4 adults and up to 4 kids depending on size. I don't see how 7 people could travel with a full tank of gas without being overweight. This is a Ford F53 chassis with none of the driving aids I have in my Silverado. It has backup and left/right cameras but no backup alarm. Radio screen is small. Driving lights are not automatic. Merely adequate controls on the steering wheel. No turn blinkers on mirrors. The AV control center over the door is dated (nice feature but no support for HDMI.) RV doesn't come with an AGS (automatic generator start) or the option to add at factory. With a dog we want to know if shore power goes down that the ONAN generator will start up and power the air conditioners to keep our dog safe while we are gone. The wet compartment opening for the sewer drain is too small for our sewer hose. The back tank has a very small seep (so didn't out last two RVs) so when you remove the cap you get sewage leaking into the wet compartment. I added an aftermarket valve to prevent this. This should be standard. Engine braking should be an option. I have had a high end 39 foot 5th wheel and a 25 foot class C. The 5th wheel was wonderful when stopped but driving required lots of advance planning. The class C was great to drive but too small for long trips. This 30 foot doesn't have the space of my 5th wheel or of a large class A and it isn't quite as handy as the class C but is a keeper for our needs. So far it is so easy to pack up I have not felt the need for a tode. I did get TireMinders for my tires.
- Noah Nason , Virginia

2019-01-18 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

We purchased a new Vista 29ve it has had problem after problem leaks under the slide refrigerator has stopped working twice main entry door broke and we were locked out of the RV now has another leak from the slide if I had to do it over not sure if I would go with winnebago
- Joe silva, California

2019-01-17 2014 Winnebago Vista 30T View Listings

This is as easy to drive as a car. Camera's everywhere on the outside. Easy to drive on Interstate, easy to change lanes, backup. No noise inside while driving. I was told to never buy a front engine Class A, this is just like a car while driving. Extended warranty period still in force, even tires. My heart health is the reason I am selling this RV. I am leaving lots of extra's in RV when sold, including aluminum Blue Ox tow hitch, sewer hose, cable TV approx. 50 ft long, water hose. When you purchase this RV you can head to beach or mountains, you will just need groceries. COME DRIVE IT ! You will be surprised how easy it is to drive.
- bob nunley, Alabama

2019-01-07 2007 Winnebago Vista 30B View Listings

What a great entry level Class A. At 30ft the Ford V10 has plenty of extra power to get you up the hills or to tow something behind you. I like the layout of the 30ft better than the 33 because the back bedroom / bathroom is more isolated and private. It' big enough for a family, runs like a top, solid machine at a great price point. Why buy a newer one when the used older ones are built so much better. A
- Jim Gior, Arizona

2018-12-15 2017 Winnebago Vista 31KE View Listings

Problem 1: I purchased the Vista new from [dealer] in Utah. On the ride back to Denver the Vista started leaking engine coolant from under the engine cover into the coach. Opening the hood revealed the engine was drenched with coolant but there was no obvious source for the leak. Fortunately, we were close to Vail, Colorado and were able to buy gallons coolant. We limped the rest of the way to Denver by restricting our speed to 50 mph maximum and periodically stopping to refill the coolant reservoir. We made it home but it was a stressful trip. The Vista had to be towed to Colorado Springs for repairs. The mechanic who did the repairs had the hoses he had replaced laid out on the floor for my inspection. The hoses were full of pinholes and there were 2 splices using hose clamps and lengths of copper tubing. The mechanic explained that the hoses had been crushed at Winnebago during installation of the body on to the chassis. Someone at Winnebago had jury rigged the splices instead of replacing the hoses. They repaired the obvious damage and missed the pinholes that remained. The pinholes had probably been leaking for quite some time. Eventually, the splices failed and coolant started leaking into the coach. Winnebago covered the cost of the towing and repairs. I had to make the 4 hour drive to Colorado Springs to reclaim my coach. Problem 2: I specifically selected a coach with a blue tooth capable radio. The window sticker on the Vista clearly states the radio is blue tooth capable. It was not. I contacted the dealer. I gave him the model number of the radio. He investigated the radio model number and confirmed I was correct, it was not blue tooth capable. [Dealer] contacted Winnebago. Their response was pathetic. There was a typo on the window sticker; the radio was misrepresented because mistakes happen. They refused to do anything to remedy the situation. The dealer in Utah, took responsibility to remedy the mistake. They instructed me to have a blue tooth radio installed and send them the bill. That is what I did and [dealer] promptly sent me a check. Problem 3: Construction of the rear seat of the dinette was incomplete. There was no structure supporting the rear of the seat panel. The first time someone sat on the seat it collapsed, dropping them into the storage compartment under the seat. Fortunately, nobody was injured. I fixed this myself rather than deal with Winnebago. Problem 4: I took the coach out for a weekend in April. It was, at that time, 12 months old. During that trip the wall of the shower stall cracked in multiple places. The cracks were several inches long rendering the shower unusable. I took the coach to [dealer] for repairs in July. They inspected the coach and told me the damage was due to a workmanship issue at Winnebago. The screws attaching the shower to the coach had been over-tightened causing the plastic to crack. I expected Winnebago to cover the cost of the repairs because it was a workmanship issue. They declined. The coach was out of the 1-year warranty period and Winnebago decided this removed their obligation to stand behind the quality of their workmanship. I was stunned, a shower wall is not a wear item and should never fail. I needed the shower fixed so I agreed to pay for the repairs. The stall was ordered. I checked weekly on the status of my coach because I had hopes of actually using the motorhome I purchased. The part didn’t come in July. [dealer] kept me informed of the status as well as they could, but they simply could not get a delivery date from the Winnebago parts department. I tried calling them for status; their system instructs owners that they must work through the dealership performing the repairs. Eventually, a shower stall arrived. [dealer] called me and told me they would clear a spot in their schedule to install the shower immediately; I could have the Vista back tomorrow. A few hours later they called me again. Winnebago has sent the wrong shower stall. A shower stall would have to be made for my unit. No estimate of delivery date was available from Winnebago. I instructed [dealer] to winterize the coach – it was obvious the season was a complete loss. In November, [dealer] called again. The shower stall had arrived, been installed, and the coach was ready. The repair had taken 4 months, I lost the entire summer season waiting for a part that never should have failed, and it cost me $1400. My recommendation to anyone considering purchasing a motorhome is simple: DO NOT BUY A WINNEBAGO! The Winnebago corporation is living on a reputation they no longer deserve.
- Robert Davies, Colorado

2018-11-29 2014 Winnebago Vista 30T View Listings

We love this RV, but unfortunately, we have to leave the RV life due to medical issues. After much research, this floor plan was perfect for the two of us - especially the bedroom layout with the walk around bed and lighted closets. Compared to a lot of RV's this unit appears very solid and well made. The two living area slideouts make the unit very roomy and airy with ample space so that you are not on top of each other. The auto leveling is very nice. The engine runs quietly and has decent power. There have been no engine problems at all. Other likable amenities that this unit has - fans mounted to the top of the windshield to quickly dispose of any glass fogging - the water is warmed while driving and ready to use upon arrival. Even with the unit closed up, you can pull off the side of the road and easily get to the bedroom, bathroom, refrigerator, and kitchen. We have never towed anything, so I can't comment on that aspect.
- Dave, Oregon

2018-11-05 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

We purchased a new 2019 Winnebago vista 29ve Oct 20th 2018 our first trip 2 weeks later the entire coach flooded the electrical went out the slide out will not open fridge stopped working and to top it all off the door will not open so we are unable to get into our new motor home we contacted the dealership and are waiting to see when they can send a service person to us this has been a nightmare and all we get From [dealership] is they are waiting for management to see what can be done my next call is to Winnebago and then an attorney
- Joe silva, California

2018-10-06 2012 Winnebago Vista 30T View Listings

This RV was perfect for our 3/4 month adventures to the Northwest every summer. Not too big not too small. Plenty of storage and plenty of living room to have friends over for dinner. Easy to park and set up. Easy to drive down the road even with our Toad.
- John, Arizona

2018-09-10 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

We purchased our Class A Vista 29ve from Open Roads Complete RV in June of 2018. After visiting the lot on several occasions and looking at different models. We had originally thought of the new light weight 5th wheel, but decided that the Vista offered many more options that we liked. The sales staff(Mike, Sam and Glen) at the lot were more than patient, helpful, and considerate with us. The same care, attention and quick service were also present with the service department. With people like Denis,Ronnie,Ashley, and Jan our experience has been great. Kudos to this outfit. Great to work with.
- Patrick Cowart, Georgia

2018-06-15 2015 Winnebago Vista 35B View Listings

We have had a great time traveling up and down the east coast. Love the bath and a half. LED lights provide more brightness than our previous RV. We flat tow a dinghy which works well. We feel it is well built with lots of storage for the size. Room for overnight guests. Like the outdoor entertainment center.
- Elizabeth Taylor, Virginia

2018-04-12 2017 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

This is such a beautiful RV! Kitchen design and quality appliances make it enjoyable to cook in. The bedroom built ins and under bed storage give all the storage & more that we needed. The attractive bathroom is roomy. Queen bed comfy. TV's in bedroom and kitchen/living area great! Lots of windows and huge panoramic wind shield is wonderful! Easy to drive - my wife never drove any RV before and found herself loving to drive our Winnebago Vista due to it's handling so easily. Even on our three week Texas trip traveling I 35 which was/is(lol)under construction & in heavy rain! The Vista also has a lot of storage outside as well. Plus the tail gate package is perfect to watch your favorite games on. Winnebago builds great RV's and in the USA!
- Mark, Ohio

2017-12-11 2011 Winnebago Vista 26P View Listings

Smaller size Class A. Easy to maneuver around sites. Has plenty of hill climbing power. This coach tows my jeep without any effort and I can keep an eye on it with the rear camera. Air mattress is very comfortable. Comfort height toilet. I would highly recommend this coach. We have been to the Florida Keys several times and we loved the experience. We live on Cape Cod.I hope this review is helpful.
- Patrick D Laughead , Massachusetts

2017-09-17 2015 Winnebago Vista 31KE View Listings

Bought a new 2015 Vista from dealer in Hammond. Picked it up and drove home, 150 miles. Rattles all over, shower door won't stay closed, wind noise, can't see screen on radio because of glare, light above bed doesn't have a light switch, hood brackets held on by glue, leveling jacks quit working after a year, 2 engine rods bent messing up pistons and camshaft, rain guards on windows come off so often I buy 4 at a time, microwave door at times won't close, drawer locks on one drawer missing, radio speakers went out, water leak at both ends of slide, arms on captains chairs don't have support on ends so foam bends tearing fake leather, fresh water filler is in same compartment as sewage connection, under drawer in bedroom is hole that looks into sewer connection so smell gets into rv. In short, look at another rv.
- Frank J Campo Jr, Louisiana

2017-08-08 2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE View Listings

Love the floor plan with great counter space. Tons of storage inside and out, such that we cant utilize it all! Really appreciate self leveling, and extra chassis battery is easy to access. Readout for mileage remaining is a nice feature. Good size refrigerator and oven. Ride is smooth
- Jim, Washington

2017-05-30 2013 Winnebago Vista 30T View Listings

The 3 slides are the key to livability. Plenty of space, more than adequate storage and in a package that drives with ease. The systems in the coach are pleasantly easy to operate and afford comfort in any camping situation. Plenty of power even when towing.
- Jim Hamilton, Oregon

2017-04-24 2009 Winnebago Vista 26P View Listings

The overall quality of workmanship and performance comes through in all facets of the Winnebago 26P. It handles beautifully, drives like a luxury truck, and the shorter wheel base gives it unparalleled maneuverability. The F450 V10 provides all the horsepower needed for highway or mountain terrain. There is plenty of living space with the living room and bedroom slides extended. The automatic leveling jacks and convenient centralized service center make set up, hook up and tear down quick and easy.
- Larry Schmidt , Florida

2017-04-11 2010 Winnebago Vista 26P View Listings

Description & Comments: 2010 WINNEBAGO RhodaVista 26P: This 2010 Winnebago Vista 26P is one of the nicest pre-owned motorhomes you'll ever find. The Vista's SmartSpace design elements make the most of the available space for an extremely versatile motor home with plenty of storage. The 26P floorplan features two slide outs, a couch that becomes a bed on the slide out that gives the living room a spacious feel and a headboard slide in the private master bedroom. The Vista is built on the Ford E450 chassis with Ford's Triton V10 motor matched with the 5 speed automatic transmission to deliver ample power whether you're cruising the highways or climbing up the mountain. The Vista is a shorter more nimble class A motorhome, yet gives you the panoramic elevated view of a class A but the in town maneuverability of a small class C. The kitchen is has a very open feel and features a cathedral arched ceiling, The two leather captain's chairs also swivel in to face the living room, giving seating for 6 at meal time. The corner kitchen includes lots of counter space for meal preparation, plus flip up counters on both right and left sides of the counter. A 3 burner cook top with oven. The large double door fridgefreezer includes a decorative wood insert on the door. The microwaveconvection oven includes a hood vent to vent cooking fumes to the outside. You will also love the dual basin sink, The standard kitchen pantry beside the fridge has been converted to a slide out to accommodate lots of dry/linen storage. You will be impressed with the attractive decor from Winnebago that coordinates every detail to create a finished designed look. The couch quickly converts to a double bed giving you sleeping for four. Other living room features include, the arched cathedral ceiling, ducted roof AC, and an AMFMCDDVD Player. The split bathroom includes a large rectangular shower, with skylight above, and a separate toilet, sink, vanity, medicine cabinet, laundry chute and lots of cabinet storage. This is coach loaded with exterior features like the four point auto-leveling system, back up camera, the Onan 4000 watt micro-quiet generator, Winegard Roof mounted satellite system, large locking basement storage compartments, rear ladder, outside shower, enclosed holding tank, a 12 foot retractable awning and much more.
- Tom Ashman, Ontario

2017-04-11 2013 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

We bought our Vista used when it was 18 months old. We were inspired when we met Tom Andee while camping in North Carolina and viewed their Winnebago Vista. After seeing all they had done with theirs, we fell in love with the Vista and its possibilities. We absolutely love our Vista and if we needed two, we would buy theirs. It is a very good value compared to our actual experience.
- Jerry Constantino, North Carolina

2016-12-07 2013 Winnebago Vista 27N View Listings

Extremely maneuverable, perfect for the unfamiliar driver ,V10 motor on this chassis is same as 34 footers ,so tows well, is economical . Because of higher build, it does rock n roll a little more but no problem once you're used to it .Well thought out floor plan, perfect for travel and quick set up.Size is cheaper on insurance and is allowed in all campsites and RV sites
- Marke. Pedersen , British Columbia

2016-10-29 2011 Winnebago Vista 32K View Listings

This is a beautiful unit. Easy to drive with rear and side cameras. Park, level and you are ready to go. Fully self contained if you don't have access to hook ups. 3 season insulation packet. Leather couch, captains chairs, a comfortable home away from home. Bunk beds worked great when traveling with our granddaughters. Bunks work great for storage for the two of us on long trips.
- James Floyd, Kansas

2016-10-29 2011 Winnebago Vista Wfe32k View Listings

- James Floyd, Kansas

2016-05-07 2014 Winnebago Vista 35F View Listings

Handles exceptionally well . We tow a Ford C-Max and honestly you don't even know it is back there. We drive it from ohio to Arizona and b back the past two years and love driving it. It is very roomy and my wife loved the bath and a half in it. The entertainment center is great and the suuound sound is exceptional.
- George Ayers, Ohio