Winnebago View Reviews on RV Insider (72)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago View RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dale from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Winnebago View 24V View Listings

I've driven 1500 miles in 5 months and the bed above the cab is cracking. Three cracks where the bed attaches to the side wall. Dealer will take as a trade in but I am required to pay $12,500 trade in amount for the SAME vehicle. Winnebago should eat the difference due to workmanship issue. The bed cab needs to come off and a new one needs to be installed. You cannot fix a structure issue. Dealer wants to sand down cracks and reapply fiberglass to hide cracks but this does not repair vehicle cause. The cause is there is no flexibility for overhead bed cab because it lays on top of sprinter driving cab...
- Dale, Florida

2020-10-27 2017 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

First class RV experience!!! Steve Kiray was a great sales person...knowledgeable and easy going. Answered our questions, contacted us when the perfect trade in was coming in to the lot....and we bought it!! Great experience from start to finish. Wish I could give North Trail and Steve Kiray more than 5 stars.
- Eileen Donovan, Florida

2020-10-24 2018 Winnebago View 24G View Listings

Great machine. Perfect for tall people. Good fuel economy. No need to drag a car. Inexpensive to keep and run. This is a G. Good floor plan. 2 slides for ample interior space. Easy to drive. Easy to park
- Mary L’Esperance, Georgia

2020-09-18 2016 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

Update: Mercedes Benz totally rapes it's customers on service work. The two times I took it if for service cost me $1600 and $1200. BOTH times I had problems created by sloppy workmanship. Once the mechanic spilled diesel over the engine, we thought it was on fire after leaving the dealership. The second time it just stopped running after leaving the dealership. The mechanic had left off a hose clamp to the fuel line at the fuel filter. This was two different dealerships 150 miles apart. Guess this is the Mercedes way. Mercedes Benz will never service my vehicle again!! Winnebago dropped the ball on a faulty water pump. The dealer took care of the repairs. The floor has since gone soft (possibly from the leaky water pump?) and Winnebago refused to assist in any way. In my earlier post I mentioned the three regulators on the propane tank, Winnebago finally sent me the correct regulator (the one I kept telling the dealers that Winnebago recommended) and I installed it myself, uncovering two errors made by one dealer or the other in past installations. What does it take to get a quality vehicle and a manufacturer that will stand behind it's product?
- Phil Elgin, Tennessee

2020-09-10 2012 Winnebago View 24M View Listings

I loved this RV. VERY reliable and comfortable yet compact enough to get through a city! I would highly recommend! The bed and banquette kitchen table is well designed. Lots of storage space! I would consider it for a couple or 3 people to sleep comfortably.
- Jordan Stevens, Colorado

2020-09-06 2014 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

Took this model cross country and back and loved the size and how we could fit into any campground, big or small, no problem. Driving through parking lots in bigger cities was easy due to the size but it lived large enough to sleep our family of four including two small babies, wonderfully. Love the two front facing seats found in this specific model and how fuel efficient and dependable the engine is. Highly recommend for fall travels if using upgraded all weather tires, durable and quality rig.
- N Smith, Missouri

2020-08-30 2018 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

We like the open interior and the ability to sleep without puting the slide out when we stop at a Cracker Barrel other dry camping. There is also a lot of storage area . At 60-62 MPH we average 15-17 MPG.
- Louis Goldman, Florida

2020-07-18 2016 Winnebago View 24G View Listings

We have owned the RV from new, we had a few factory issues but Winnebago was the best. Very good support. The local Kansas dealer was not very good but we got issues fixed and upgraded . We pull a Jeep Wrangler and it has done great . It is better mechanically now than when it was new. We have had great travel experience. Great camping it has a lot of storage for two people. Three adults or four travel great but not good for sleeping four. The Mercedes diesel is awesome gets good Mileage. The unit is very nice and works the invertor works . It’s a great unit !!!!
- Dennis Daugherty , Kansas

2020-06-21 2017 Winnebago View 24G View Listings

This RV has been fantastic! I took it from Florida to Alaska the first year an what a trip. About 4 months on the road without any trouble. Visited places from Northern .ca. to Niagra falls, N.Y.. Average fuel mileage was over 17mpg for the 20k trip. Never towed anything with the RV because it is so easily manuerable and can set up and tear down in minutes. Perfect for me and my Scottie dog. Easily sleeps 4 and can accommodate 6 using the fold down dinette table. Excellent RV for 2 to 4 people.
- Steve, Florida

2020-05-13 2010 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

I think, I can tell, that it is the best RV I drove so far and I already drove different types of RV worldwide. I drove Volkswagen Camper Van/Bus in Europe, I drove a similar RV in New Zealand like the current RV, but without slideout and many more. I like the most the size of the RV. It has the perfect size to drive on each type of road and with each kind of traffic. The compact size of the RV allows you to access almost every parking spot even from passenger cars and every campsite in all the NP, SP and CP. Though the slide out generates tremendous space during standstill. So it is also quite comfortable to stay inside.
- Klaus Wandel, South Carolina

2020-05-11 2020 Winnebago View 24D View Listings

This was my first time RV ing, took a trip to Prescott Az. I was not impressed with my 2020 Winnebago view 24D, It really rode a little out of control, constantly liked to move either left or right, I was double knuckle all the way. Only thing I really love is C/control system, my BMW has the same system I was impressed how well it did the job, “following those confused democrat on the road is not easy”, ac system failed miserably, sound of beeping awning wireless device was un bareable. The ride on suspension is great but control is not there completely! Got to take it back for repaire 60 miles away,
- Bob Haydari, California

2020-02-07 2016 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

We have owned and used this RV since May 2016 when we bought it new. It Has been returned to two dealerships three times for the propane regulator issues. The dealerships refused to put on the FREE regulator Winnebago recommended. Winnebago finally sent it to me and I installed it (#4) and fixed the problem. The fuel mpg is great! It drives great! By the way, get the front end aligned regardless of what Winnebago says. I had to replace two front tires at 25,000 miles. The dealer where I purchased this unit (Chilhowee Rv in TN) has been absolutely great, picking up the repair and cost when Winnebago refused to cover a repair (even after Winnebago said it would!). We have had many, many issues and repairs with this motor home. Including currently a soft floor near where we had a leak that Winnebago refused to acknowledge and the dealer repaired at their own cost. We love the size of our unit, and believe Winnebago builds a better unit than their competitors, but, Winnebago does NOT fully back up their warranty.
- Phil Elgin, Tennessee

2020-01-27 2020 Winnebago View 24D View Listings

Has anyone had trouble staying warm sleeping in this model??? At 30 to 40 degrees outside the furnace on two of these that I delivered would not maintain 70 degrees inside. I was glad it was not cold out. Previous years always seamed to work good down around zero.
- Dennis wiedenman, Iowa

2019-11-05 2011 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

We use it for travel between NJ & FL; it is great on the highway, cruises comfortably at 72. Winnebago makes a great product, winterization is a breeze, all primary systems being dual fuel is super convenient. Sprinter diesel is 10K oil change and low maintenance. We just love the unit !
- Ken Beyer, New Jersey

2019-10-29 2016 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

This is a wonderful RV and has been kept in pristine condition. This would be the perfect RV for anyone who is looking for a motor home that has a superior chasis and above quality material interior.
- Eric Wier, South Carolina

2019-10-24 2016 Winnebago View 24G View Listings

This rv has a great chassis Mercedes Benz diesel. This rv is great for four people a pet or two. Driving this unit is like driving a car. Very roomy and comfortable seating. Lots of storage at finger tips and the bathroom is great with a big shower and lots of storage inside room. Can’t say enough about this unit. Something to see. Lots of windows with shades, black our shades or blinds. Shades inside can also storage on outside both sides and back.
- Barbara tebel, Minnesota

2019-10-10 2018 Winnebago View 24D View Listings

Exceptional vehicle drove great across the country. I got about 16 miles per gallon driving to Canada. Had no issues very easy to use for a novice RVer. Easy to drive and easy to park. Takes me 15 mins average to park and set up. Sleeping is a breeze with the fold out Murphy Bed this is the best floor plan maximum room. Beds are comfortable. Living area comfortable I liked in this for six months and had no issues with another person and two french bulldogs.
- Lori Young, Florida

2019-09-19 2015 Winnebago View 24V View Listings

The View is a great choice for 2 to 4 people. The ride is superb and the Mercedes diesel is barely broken in! We have a service B due soon but I will get it done soon. Selling it because we want to get into boating
- David Garner, Florida

2019-08-14 2014 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

This Winnebago 24J has all the necessities. Compact yet comfortable. 15 MPG with a diesel Mercedes turbo power plant. Take it any place and enjoy. The coach has separate power generator and batteries. Drive train battery with engine is separate with the capability to connect if additional power is needed.
- Allan Mee, Michigan

2019-08-12 2018 Winnebago View 24V View Listings

Time to upgrade because we I love this RV and have had a BLAST with it. So easy to operate and travel with. We are trying up upgrade to a bigger one due to increase in family events. The View was our 1st RV and we did our research to buy the best. Now to get the same but bigger. With all the same upgraded features. Drives like a car and parking is super easy. We tow an enclosed trailer with all our toys in it and the Views pulls it great with no change in fuel milage. The onboard control panel with generator makes it easy to turn on and off, as well as heated water tanks so no worries it temperatures go down at night. Love watching TV as a passenger while on the road, makes the road trip seem shorter. Instant hot tankless water is awesome on this unit, always have steaming hot water. Love that the refrigerator can run off electrical, LP, or batteries (food is always sure to be cold). plenty of storage for clothing and personal items.
- michelle wilson, Michigan

2019-06-29 2010 Winnebago View 25A View Listings

The Winnebago 25A is an upgrade from the 24A, as the 25 A comes with ultra leather interior, along with a quiet diesel generator, and powered awning, along with a 15000BTU air conditioner-heat pump. Both units are easy to drive and park. The full wall slide gives the coach a generous amount of living space.
- Howard Wilson, Arizona

2019-06-29 2010 Winnebago View 25A View Listings

Our Winnebago View is an enjoyable and easy to drive RV. We have taken it on many trips and found it to be fuel efficient, have a comfortable ride, plenty of storage for its compact size and it fits in many spaces a larger RV wouldn't. The interior is beautifully made and the quality is excellent. The benefit of having our own sleeping accommodations, bath, ample kitchen space and still be able to maneuver in large cities and on busy freeways has been a plus.
- Howard Wilson, Arizona

2019-06-28 2019 Winnebago View 24J View Listings

I purchased a 2019 Winnebago view from Lichtsinn RV in Iowa. I have to be clear my complaint is NOT with the good people at Lichtsinn. They are courteous, efficient, cost effective, professional and customer oriented. My plan was to buy from them over and over again...UNTIL....I rolled out of Iowa excited to have my brand new View. On the drive home the infotainment system stopped working. Without going into all the DOZENS and DOZENS of emails, phone calls, return trips to maintenance department, and texts to both Winnebago and Riverpark (the reseller of the infotainment system) my situation remains unaddressed over a YEAR later. I finally took the vehicle back and had an entirely new system put in. It too was defective. Recently with riverpark on the line after replacing every part of this system I took the entire panel of the RV apart. I wanted to give them one last chance to make this right before giving up and handing it over to my legal department. I saw what the problem was and he (Riverpark) admitted it was a mass manufacturing defect with a cheap attempted fix. He sent me to Winnebago, Winnebago sent me back to Riverpark...you can see where this is going. If you have a problem NEITHER WINNEBAGO NOR RIVERPARK WILL ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY. I plan to leave reviews everywhere I can to raise awareness. I will purchase a third party system and rather than replace my view every two to three years as planned I will switch to another manufacturer that will stand behind their products and those of their third party manufacturers. This morning I received a voicemail from Riverpark...thinking maybe they had come to their senses and worked something out I listened, yet again giving them the benifit of the doubt. It was a woman from Riverpark looking for one of the defective 50 cent plastic nav SD cards to be returned to them. At least someone is taking care of the big problems over there? Hence this review.
- Mark Kuschinski, Wisconsin

2019-06-21 2007 Winnebago View 23J View Listings

This Winnebago View 23J is great for short camp trips or extended cross country travel. It’s large enough to sleep 6 people yet small enough to park almost anywhere. The front cab is very spacious and comfortable to drive. Super Soft, adjustable seats, arm rests and lumbar supports. Tons of head & leg room, and the drive is very smooth with factory cruise control and a back up camera. Nice extra large windows and large adjustable side view mirrors. This is a very reliable Mercedes 2.7L Diesel 5 cylinder Auto transmission that averaged us 16-18 MPG on several long distance trips. Everything is in great condition, the AC and stove and convection oven all work like brand new. The fridge/freezer is the perfect size to stock up or just have the necessities. This layout is truly a delight whether your traveling alone or with several people. 23J floor plan includes a bed in the back that hides and gives access to the outdoor garage and interior storage space. Several sleep options to include up to 6 people comfortably! The cab-over loft is a full size and the dinette also transforms into a comfy couch style twin bed. All original beds, couch cushions, and privacy panels for loft and back bedroom. The slide out dinette opens up the kitchen and main entry area, leaving enough space to move around with ease and cook/entertain comfortably! Large skylight above the loft with access to the roof and windows throughout with original dual blackout shades.
- Kyle, Florida

2019-06-17 2009 Winnebago View 24A View Listings

This Motorhome has been a dream to drive, can go anywhere. Winnebago has done this rig right with quality & thought thru out. All plumbing has been installed for ease of use and weather protection. Very comfortable living for multi-month trips. Age and health dictate this sale.
- Lloyd Holmes, California