Winnebago Trend RVs Reviews (11)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Trend RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

karen Miller from Florida says:

Have you owned any Winnebago Trend RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Winnebago Trend 23B View Listings

Excellent RV from gas mileage to maneuverability to comforts! Great choice for starters to down-sizers. Affordable head-turner. We pick up and go with ease and peace of mind.
- karen Miller, Florida

2019-09-07 2016 Winnebago Trend 23L View Listings

We have had a great experience with our Winnebago Trend. We bought it new and have had it for 4 years now, and have done many extensive trips. We use it to travel, not go somewhere and stay for an extended period of time. It is perfect for that, as this vehicle can go places many other motorhomes cannot due to its size. For a 24 footer, it has a great floor-plan with the studio bed that hugs to the ceiling when not in use. You can sleep 4 no problem. The kitchen area is perfect for making a full meal, but only one person can comfortably work in it. The bath is very adequate, and the continuous hot water is a real plus if you want to take a longer shower when you are hooked up. There is plenty of storage, and the drivability is great. Those long uphills can present a challenge if you try to keep your RPMs down, which I do, but other than that, this Trend is great. We have put over 13,000 miles on it, and only have had one issue that Winnebago fixed no problem. I have used it for multiple ski trips in the dead of winter, and it has worked great (we have heated tanks). Overall, this has been a great RV for us!
- KARLA PERFECTO, Florida

2019-02-20 2015 Winnebago Trend 23L View Listings

We have enjoyed taking the Winnebago Trend around the Pacific Northwest from the coast to mountains, high desert, islands, all year round and camping conditions. It’s great for a family up to 6 adults, we we have spend several nights around the table sharing meals, playing games and watching movies, we even hosted thanksgiving dinner for 8 comfortably seated at the table while camping on amazing localitions. Even the Trend has a great layout for its size, there are a few upgrades we are looking for our next motor home like towing capacity, 4-leg automatic stabilizers, upgraded driver/passenger seats, upscale interior design and driving experience (dynamic cruise control, line departure, cross wind compensation, etc). This is a great motor home for a medium size family and all sort of trips up to 3 weeks long. Interior and exterior storage space is great for your supplies, drinks, gear and additional outdoor stuff (tandem inflatable kayak, bikes, camping gear). Driving the Trend is as easy as a large SUV, easy to drive on the city and park and gives you 14 MPG. I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as we did.
- Hector Arias, Oregon

2019-02-13 2014 Winnebago Trend 23L View Listings

This is the exact same rig that trades as the Itasca Viva. We bought ours used and it has been a pleasure. We like the 23L model because we leave the corner bed fully deployed. We get great gas mileage (almost 16mpg). There is an active trend/Viva page on FaceBook that is great for support. My only wish is for a recliner/sofa that this model does not have.
- Mel and Ann, Maryland

2018-09-09 2014 Winnebago Trend 23L View Listings

We have had a great experience with our Winnebago Trend. We bought it new and have had it for 4 years now, and have done many extensive trips. We use it to travel, not go somewhere and stay for an extended period of time. It is perfect for that, as this vehicle can go places many other motorhomes cannot due to its size. For a 24 footer, it has a great floorplan with the studio bed that hugs to the ceiling when not in use. You can sleep 4 no problem. The kitchen area is perfect for making a full meal, but only one person can comfortably work in it. The bath is very adequate, and the continuous hot water is a real plus if you want to take a longer shower when you are hooked up. There is plenty of storage, and the drivability is great. Those long uphills can present a challenge if you try to keep your RPMs down, which I do, but other than that, this Trend is great. We have put over 60,000 miles on it, and only have had one issue that Winnebago fixed no problem. I have used it for multiple ski trips in the dead of winter, and it has worked great (we have heated tanks). Overall, this has been a great RV for us!
- Mark Lewis, Connecticut

2017-10-10 2014 Winnebago Trend 23L View Listings

Lots of features. Compact, yet large enough. This motorhomr can go where ever you like. Bathroom/Shower design is very good. Great fuel mileage (14.8) and on regular pump gas. We have really enjoyed driving and camping in this motorhome.
- Sid, Virginia

2017-07-10 2014 Winnebago Trend 23L View Listings

Purchased in June 2017, now have 23500 miles. Love way coach drives and 14-16 mpg. Last 6,000 mile 4 week trip averaged 15.5 in west mountains. Good storage space for a two person 4 week trip. Drives more like a nice car rather than a truck. Size allows us to travel almost anywhere, yet adequate living space. Decent power ascending any mountain. Comfortable ride. One drawback would like a larger refrigerator. The 23L can sleep up to six. The Trend offers good quality at MRSP. I highly recommend this coach.
- Frank Vilardo, Indiana

2017-03-19 2016 Winnebago Trend 23L View Listings

The Trend drives like a champ. The acceleration, braking, and handling are impressive. Its nimble size allows me to drive it just about anywhere. It sleeps my family of five comfortably but not having a slide means tight quarters for daytime living; forces everyone to go out and about. Winnebago has been great about fixing the numerous issues within the first year. The loft bed broke within the first three months, led lights failed, center stack gauges failed, swivel seat broke, and exterior paint started to peel. Despite these issues I am happy with this nimble RV and the adventures it takes us on.
- AJ , Florida

2017-03-16 2017 Winnebago Trend 23D View Listings

I do like the way this RV drives, brakes and tracks easy to drive and does not feel like a boat when driving , I'm a ex army 22 wheeler truck driver and I think power and all that is great , Here's my problem with this coach that we bought new, 1st off the sink drain was never tighten correctly and leaked like a sift , someone cross theared the drain and all the plummers tape dried up it was bad leaked all over the inside of the cabinet , 2nd the turn signals in back left side half the lights don't work had to peplace the whole light and it is big , the overhead doors rattles when you drive and drives you nuts,, both faucets leak , and a few other small items but the biggest the hot water instant hot has never worked NEVER ! It's been in the service department. For going on 6 weeks as of today ! We bought it brand new , winnabgo is not what it claims to be with these quality problems
- Tom, California

2016-10-14 2016 Winnebago Trend 23L View Listings

I am having a love/hate relationship with this RV. For the most part, I have been pleased with the quality of the unit. The exceptions being the incredibly noisy brakes on the Promaster chassis, the fact the LED lights are dying after only a couple of months of heavy use (I hear this is a typical Winnebago issue), the water inlet that split after one year that I replaced with what looks like a sturdier unit from Camping World, the broken radio that is being replaced under warranty, and the minimal issues with things coming unglued and screws backing out. I hope to find replacements for the Winnebago LEDs that require the entire light fixture to be replaced. The coach travels well...tracks well and steers easily. It is a bit underpowered on some of the steeper roads in the mountains, but that is overcome by manually putting the transmission into fourth gear and keeping the RPMs in the peak torque range of about 4000 RPMs. It is sometimes a pleasure to drive with great visibility and decent acceleration on flat terrain for being a 6 cylinder gas engine. I find it sufficiently comfortable for two people to travel in for extended periods of time, and it is a breeze to level and set up/break down when arriving and leaving campsites. Major issues: Acceptable tires are only made by Continental and are sometimes difficult to get. There is no spare on the coach, and even if you get road service to help, the chances of them having a spare that is rated for the vehicle is slim. I know this because I had a flat on the interstate and had to limp home on a light truck tire before being able to order a new one and a spare from tire rack. Now I carry an unmounted spare on a bicycle rack on the back. Most Chrysler dealers will not work on the Promaster chassis, and some will actually sit there and bad mouth the vehicle. I think this is a Ram issue (I am not real impressed with the way they've handled getting their dealerships on the same page after the Fiat merger). I have to travel 195 miles to have any warrany work or service done by a dealership.
- David, West Virginia

2016-06-20 2016 Winnebago Trend 623L View Listings

Have the Fiat diesel option. Broke down in Kingman, AZ with 9,000 miles on the unit. Took three weeks to finally repair. Had to get a rent a car and drive 1680 miles home for work since the unit was going into the second week of repairs. Will have to fly out and pick up the unit this week; finally said it was repaired. Winnebago and Dodge has not said if they will cover hotel, gas, rent a car or airfare to fix their problem. They have really messed up our vacation with our purchase of their product! No warranty here really and we paid $74,000 for the unit!
- Michael Antonelli, Alabama