Winnebago Travato Reviews on RV Insider (19)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Travato RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Gene Story from Idaho says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

I doubt my wife and I could be more thrilled. For the two of us, the Travato 59K we bought is spot on. We had zero issues when we picked up our new 59K unless you count a mating pair of connectors that are semi-hidden above the ceiling of the bathroom closet between roof solar panel and charger/controller was not plugged together. Ditto another review that this RAM Promaster based RV drives and handles well, even in the wind. Whether driving on rough roads, passing a semi, gusty windws or simply standing still, the Travato is remarkably stable. More stable than the taller full frame/rear axle driven with dual wheels, Sprinter or Transit based RV's. Around town or on the highway, the RAM Promaster even with the WB coach addition drives like an upper end SUV with only a bit more length to park at the store or street side. Ours fits in our 10 foot high roll up opening in our shop so it has a nice home when we are not out and about in it. Like others have reported, we get excellent (for an RV) gasoline fuel mileage. You can usually count on 15 to 17.x average for overall trip drives. If you use it to drive 9,000 pounds-ish around town you can figure your mpg will be on the order of 12.4 mpg. Very nice mattresses are provided by WB on top of a Froli system in the Travato makes for a very comfortable rest. Adjustable height head rests are great for reading or watching a show. I have been in much higher priced RV's of any class that come with shamefully inadequate and horrible to sleep on bedding. Storage and wardrobe containment is good for one to two people taking touring or camping trips. If you want to take your house, and/or grandma and the kids with you, buy a Class A and require (0k, maybe not) the extra earthlings to pitch in some dough to pay for it. Charge them more for any (which will be all) luggage that wont fit under their seat. Have them sign up for clogging waste tank servicing insurance, using the screen door as a entry handle, etc. or pay a damage insurance deposit in advance. Again I am kidding. I'm just saying... As for the waste system flexible dump pipe, I installed an under chassis tube that allows the pipe WITH fittings attached, to store below. The built in, 2 foot long storage tube can only contain the factory supplied, compressed 10 ft long hose without any tank-end fittings. The factory tube has instead become home for our outdoor mat and a spare VHF/UHF ham & emergency services vertical antenna. Also said by another and I with some modifications quote here; the "Truma Combi hot water heater & furnace is awesome". Because it is. For kitchen (abd probably bathroom) sink hot water, make sure the shower control valve is all the way clockwise or it will draw & mix cold water with the result being just tepid warmth. With shower valve clockwise-closed, the kitchen sink hot water temperature then virtually matches the excellent hot and extra hot temperature ratings for the Truma Combi. As for the furnace side, if you want to heat up the coach fast, start with propane mode. Then if the outside temps are not too cold, you can probably switch over to High or Low electric-only heat to maintain your preferred comfortable level. Or a mix of propane and electric, your choice. Easy as pie. This is a VERY quiet system. And it provides VERY even heat throughout the coach including the bathroom because of the four near-floor ducts. Sometimes I start out by using the heating system in the dashboard of the van but really the Truma heats the entire coach all by itself just fine. If you do it with the electric heating elements only, it will take awhile. Goose it, or use propane only if you like instant (well, much faster) gratification. The water heater & LCD control panel at first is hard to figure out. If you are 60+ years old and never cussed a day in your life, yuou might learn how now. But zip it until you use it about three times. Read on. Good luck getting just the right sales person who has been selling for more than 3 days and often does not even own an RV, or walk-through tech to know how to operate this control panel either. What ever happened to plain language labeling instead of gosh darned icons that at first make NO sense? Ahh, maybe its a trick security system! However, once you have used it about 3 times, the icons just become GPS-like markers where you need to do your next zombi-like repeated steps and you then whiz through setup and settings, no problem. And yes, then you find out it works great too. You could hold 5 minute seminars to train others but ultimately the next person has to simply learn by doing it a few times too, regardless of attempts to follow the manual. The MCD shades are good. The shorter width windows in the newest 2019 models do have nicer, integrated bottom-up shades but the windows are not as nice. Despite the opportunity to get excellent dual pane windows in a 2019, we intentionally hunted down a 2018 with single pane less efficient but larger area windows. The cabinetry is well done. The drawer and bin doors with glossy surfaces we have are gorgeous. Any concern we had about keeping these surfaces clean has disappeared. Latch and hinge hardware is excellent. No rattles. Traveling in a Class B is easier than you think. We think it is more fun than a lumbering giant one. And we do not want to tow anything. We can rent and leave behind most anything we desire. No parking or backing up stress. No extra maintenance costs, insurance, additional fuel for towing, etc. We are Happy Campers with our Travato 59K.
- Gene Story, Idaho

2020-11-09 2018 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

Similar to one of the other reviewers I'm a renter, not an owner, but given the increasing popularity of Outdoorsy it might be valuable to hear from someone who came to this RV cold and lived in it for a limited time - in this case, eight nights. Overall, the experience was great. We loved the twin beds, which were super comfortable and didn't require anything more than quickly making them up each morning. The storage under the beds was also very helpful. The controls were all pretty standard and easy-to-learn. Everything on the outside worked great too. My only two complaints on the inside: the folding door to the bathroom felt flimsy. The rubber trim on each door kept falling out. Finally, we just taped it in so the doors would stay shut. The other issue was the microwave. It beeped constantly. I tried to reprogram it multiple times to no avail. Otherwise, everything worked inside and, in particular, we loved the ventilation in this coach, which we understand is a real problem with the Thor clone. Regarding climate, both the heat and air conditioning was effective. The cabinets weren't the highest quality, but we appreciated the locks. The Ram platform is what it is. I like the MB Sprinter better, but it's obviously more expensive. One huge drawback: the screen on this 2019 Ram was awful, like something from 15 years ago before Smartphones and widespread use of GPS and streaming. This really needs to be addressed by Ram. Maybe it has been in the newer models. Otherwise, this was a great RV and we had a blast during our time in it.
- Martin Nisenholtz, Florida

2020-11-03 2020 Winnebago Travato 259G View Listings

Junk since the day we bought it. Multiple issues. Has been in shop 5 weeks out of 8 and still not fixed. Issues with windows, drawers, screens, windshield , shower now developed a leak in ceiling. Haven’t had it long enough to see if stove stop, refrig, or microwave even work. I doubt it. Wish I never bought it.
- Joy, Florida

2020-10-11 2018 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

We bought the Travato late in October of 2018. Due to some physical issues on my part we down sized from a 28 foot travel.There was a learning curve the first few times we used it because of the room difference, but we eventually worked out how to get around inside the3 coach. I am a bigger guy so I had to learn that both of us weren't going to fit in the center isle. The quality of the rig is outstanding,we did have 2 or 3 issues and they were covered in the warranty. I added Sumo Springs to the front and read and that improved the handling of the rig. We are both very satisfied and will enjoy many years of camping. I would recommend the Travato to anyone who is interested in a class B RV.
- Jim D, Wisconsin

2020-10-10 2020 Winnebago Travato 59KL View Listings

I highly recommend this rv to anyone who enjoys travelling without any limits. This rv fits into any regular parking space. It generates its own power for boondocking (camping without services). Easy to drive comfortable to live in. An excellent choice for one or two travelers.
- Joanne Parsons, Connecticut

2020-08-31 2019 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

Not sure l qualify to review as we rented with option to buy.. Loved the floor plan, especially the separate beds that Were permanent...thought 2019 should contain easy clean induction cook tops Vs. flame and and messy burners. Was willing to compromise on many “levels” literally..a too low fridge and microwave, a table that Didn’t swing out, leaving Bumps in the floor and a cab area with nicely Upholstered leather seats that weren’t powered and looked like several attempts were made to install them, and they gave up and settled, leaving a series of holes and spaces...that may cause harmful fumes to enter the cabin! I had carefully removed all racks and loose Items...we weren’t planning on cooking or sleeping in it...we simply Wanted a safe mode of transportation for day tripping, and a occasional nap by the ocean after a nice walk and picnic, all while Having access to a clean available restroom...bottom line...the Travato liked the newly paved freeways but hated every town we Entered...she Rattled like she would soon begin falling apart and we Never figured out how the empty locked cabinets and drawers could Manage such an unpleasant racket...sadly, she was lovely to look at, But Impossible to live with...we had to return her the following day! To enter the cab and be
- Patricia Bishop , California

2020-08-19 2016 Winnebago Travato 59G View Listings

With almost 4 years and 80,000 miles under its belt, My Travato has proven to be a life-changing experience for us. We have traveled all but a couple of different states in the US and made many great friends and memories. We had a couple of minor adjustments that needed to be made in the first month or two of ownership, and virtually no problems since then. The couple minor issues we HAVE had were handled quickly and without charge by Winnebago or its suppliers. I think I have invested $60.00 in "repairs and replacements" since purchase (a switch and an LP regulator). Winnebago has earned a loyal repeat customer with me.
- Scott Baldassari, Arkansas

2020-07-30 2019 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

This is an easy to drive rv,with all the buttons,solar,generator,fridge and microwave. Gets great gas mileage for a gas engine. Easy to park,and with the twin beds,gives extra groom for your toys,bikes,kayaks
- Victor Giomboni , Pennsylvania

2020-06-15 2021 Winnebago Travato 59G View Listings

This is the best all round camper plan for your money. Ride is good, seats are hard after couple of hours, gas mileage is about 16/mile, quality is good, warranty work is good. Group support is excellent.
- jfsellers, Georgia

2020-05-30 2015 Winnebago Travato 59G View Listings

We owned this model of Winnebago Travato (59G) for three years. During the time we took several trips to the Carolina mountains and visited family and friends. We took one extended trip to California and Utah. During this time the vehicle performed extremely well under all conditions. We added external Thule storage pods and a tie down grid to the pre existing Fiamma factory roof rack. We also added a swing arm hitch mounted pod for the grill and chairs. This allowed more internal room for multiple family members. There are also two bike racks and a rack attachment for Kayak. The ease of maneuverability with a van type vehicle cannot be underestimated. It can be parked on a city street or campground. The turning radius is similar to an SUV. Camping off grid is no problem provided you check ground clearance. It is not a global expedition vehicle but does allow you to get off the beaten path and enjoy the scenic byways.
- bill powell, Florida

2020-02-11 2015 Winnebago Travato 59G View Listings

Excellent RV for boon docking or for just running around tow. Has all the hookups for regular campgrounds too. Includes bathroom, shower, kitchen sink, stove and counter. Drives smooth even on mountain roads. Awesome storage fro bikes and kayaks.
- John, Arizona

2019-12-15 2020 Winnebago Travato 59GL View Listings

This class B van is incredible to use, park, and drive. It’s very easy to drive with great visibility and turning radius. I would not be selling it except for family circumstances. I got 15-18 mpg on the highway and it cruises very nicely. Steep hills are a bit challenging requiring “petal to the metal” fully loaded but it made it, no problem. Tow/haul button is convenient and was a dream to use on steep gradients both up but especially down. Love the fact this RV takes regular gas and fits in a standard parking lot. The Murphy bed in back is a bit firm but I solved that easily by purchasing a 3” rubber mattress and cutting it to fit, making the bed very cosy and comfortable. I love how the A/C unit has a thermostat and I used the app to set desired temperatures and turn it off and on from the front seat. The Volta Lithium battery system is my absolute favorite part of this rig, however. It’s a game changer in RV world and works like a charm. I could use my a/c and instant pot at the same time, no issues. The batteries are easy to charge and keep charged. So much to love about this RV. I will own another one when the time is right.
- Tracy Linn, Florida

2019-01-14 2019 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

Very livable interior layout with 2 slide outs and excellent bedroom/bathroom design. High quality interior and basement storage construction for a gas rig. Ford chassis somewhat boat-like in handling - could use a larger front sway bay. Annoying quality control issues typical with Fords. -i.e. - Headlight switch fell out of dash and dangles from the harness. REALLY ? - could be a Gulfstream assembly tech, having a bad day ? Overall, very livable and well made. I'm a full timer and an old American who won't accept " half-assed ".
- T.H. Thorn, California

2018-12-31 2019 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

This is the perfect size for two people and a pet. It drives like a car and gets about 17-20 miles per gallon. It's very cozy even in cold weather, has a wonderful heater and air conditioner. Has a sizable shower inside and has the outside shower as well. The solar panels keep the battery charged but I haven't needed it. You can use this as the main car or just for fun.
- Brenda Lee, Florida

2018-08-07 2015 Winnebago Travato 259G View Listings

I could not be happier with my 59G Travato. It is truly the perfect touring coach. The rig is as comfortable boondocking as it is in a campground. Nimble, easy to drive, it’s perfect on the highway or off the beaten path. The floor plan of the 59G is uniquely perfect, fully self contained with all of the features typically found in a larger rig but perfectly scaled for a nimble Class B.
- Russell Hansen, California

2018-04-10 2018 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

Nothing but positives. Drives and handles well, even in the wind. Gets excellent fuel mileage. The bed(s) are very comfortable, storage is very adequate. Wardrobe is a bit small but is fine. Truma Combia hot water/furnace is awesome, MCD PRIVACT shades are great. The cabinetry is beautifully finished. Overall it it 4.75 stars.
- Dale, Oregon

2018-04-10 2018 Winnebago Travato 259K View Listings

- Dale, Oregon

2016-07-12 2016 Winnebago Travato 59G View Listings

Id love to give the Travato 5 stars all the way, because mine has been near perfect. But, there are units out there that tow more, and the warranty on a new one does seem a little short (1 year /15,000 miles). Otherwise, this thing is great! Price is the best in the industry (New well optioned units can be bought easily for 75K despite what some ads may say). Fold up bed leaves a ton of room for storage compared to other B's. Shower is bigger than most, beds are surprisingly comfortable and "permanent" dinette is bigger than most any other B. It Rides and sleeps 4 comfortably. The promaster is the most nimble, quick and easy to drive vehicle of this size hands down. Front wheel drive, 17+ MPG gas, 21 MPG diesel. lower roof than the competition due to no driveshaft raising the floor. Super sharp turning radius makes parking a breeze. Solar makes generator almost completely unnecessary (but it's nice to have anyway) Automatic thermostatically operated vent/fan keeps unit cool when parked, even in the rain. Visibility is great, sound system, TV, stereo, USB ports, etc all are very good. No complaints!
- Scott Baldassari, Arkansas

2015-05-10 2016 Winnebago Travato 59K View Listings

Best floor plan for small class b. Now if they just had a sofa with 2 passenger seat belts for one of the twin beds... Nearly perfect for our needs. Looking forward to seeing this in person soon!
- Connie, Oregon