Winnebago Spyder Reviews on RV Insider (13)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Spyder RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Greg Povenski from Pennsylvania says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Winnebago Spyder 29KS View Listings

Absolute worst purchase I ever made. Over 40 warranty issues. I opted for the 15 K air conditioner, they installed the 13K. Ordered the 2nd A.C., they never wired it. Everything that could go wrong is wrong. Rear awning does not work . Hapijack bed system is broke. Winnebago sends wrong parts or does not have parts on hand. I could go on but my blood pressure is rising. We took delivery 13 May, there are still issues to resolve. A wasted summer. We camped 11 days, it's been at the dealer more than that. The dealer ,Fretz RV,in Souderton pa gas been excellent. Winnebago is the problem
- Greg Povenski, Pennsylvania

2020-07-21 2019 Winnebago Spyder 23FS View Listings

This RV is definitely a higher end option and should be well built for hauling toys to off highway locations. My issues: Drawers do not stay shut on road trips. poor quality closures/catches in kitchen and bedroom. Light bulbs. Bright LED burn out with less than 5 hours of use. Unbelievable. Kitchen faucet is the dumbest design of all. Looks real pretty though. On road trips it comes loose and swings and bounces all over the place. And we made mistake of leaving water pump on during our last trip. This spigot actually hit the tap and turned it on.....welcome to water damage on face of the cabinets. NOPE, our fault, Winnebago won't warranty that despite it being less than a year old. Two other RV's I've had, never a problem like that. This thing is designed for "off grid" camping? It can't stay intact on Alberta pavement. the spigot will end up through the bloody window or doing damage to the wall eventually. If you buy one, I recommend you have them change faucet to a different style.
- Tim Hart, Alberta

2020-07-01 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

Drives and rides like a dream. Holds the road well. Stock Euro cabinetry is beautiful and provides a more modern interior appeal. Lots of expansive windows for open airy feeling. Had several factory issues but resolved in an adequate time frame to my satisfaction. Good dealer support. Lots of power and pulls Jeep Wrangler without effort. Comfortable seating for long drives. King bed is the real thing. Expansive storage inside and out. GT
- George Tucker, Florida

2020-03-10 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

To say the least we are not pleased with our new 2020 Winnebago Snyder 28k 1st trip water leak under sink turns out pipe was broke.I fixed that.Counter was extremely hot with heater on turns out hose from heater under stove to vent at end of counter was a foot short and had never been clamped.I fixed that. Battery even though looked new lol would not even break 11 volts after full charge. Bought new one.We were told pro pain bottles we full they were air only no gas.2nd trip out bedroom sliding door fell off,and we ran out of fresh water.tank is suppose to be 100 gallons now reading they are 60 gallons. And we traded our 2014 Ace motor coach in for this turd because i didn't want to fix things. Refuse to take to dealer they will keep for ever. Understandably because they are repairing this crappy workmanship. Never again will i do this
- CHUCK, Arizona

2020-02-27 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

Don’t like I’ve had it in the shop more than I’ve used it .. power outlets go dead furnace went out and never left driveway another power outlet went out only had 3 month’s hasn’t left driveway yet lol quality on everything reallsucks it’s like whoever builds these has no pride in there work I should have never got ride of my cougar trailer.. Winnebago should be a shame of there product no pride in workmanship at all everyday I find things that would just blow u away .. would never recommend buying a Winnebago
- James Andrews , Illinois

2020-02-04 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

Absolutely the worse purchase I’ve ever made in my entire life. If you are thinking about purchasing a Winnebago of any kind please reconsider and save yourself a world of misery. This think is so kinky it’s actually comical. From window leaks to the heater and A/C not working and everything in between. Junk!!! Absolutely nothing but junk. A waste of your hard earned money. RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!
- Mark Moseley , Alabama

2020-01-11 2016 Winnebago Spyder 24FQ View Listings

Had it for over a year. Very pleased. It was the perfect size for me. I looked at the 5th wheelers and felt this had same options and didnt need a pickup truck to tow it. I used a ford expedition and it worked out great
- David , Florida

2019-10-23 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

I bought this trailer because the dealer was close to my house. I know all Trail trailers are junk so I didn’t want to have a long drive for repairs. Which I knew were coming. First trip out the under side came off and was dragging the road. One light in the bathroom wasn’t working properly. The a/c thermostat is all over the chart. Led strip on the awing won’t work. Had a storm come through and three windows were leaking. Drain underneath the sink was leaking and a water line was leaking. Those were simple to fix but seems like fittings weren’t tight from the factory. I know the roughness from towing can cause some issues also. Over all I love the trailer. It’s comfortable and plenty of room for just me. Most of the problems I’m having comes from fixtures that come from other manufacturers. I will be taking it back to the dealer when I get home so let’s see how that goes. Maybe I’ll have an update later. Happy camping.
- Mark Moseley, Georgia

2019-10-15 2020 Winnebago Spyder 23FS View Listings

We bought this RV about one month ago. Paid full price for it and bought it brand new. On our way home the beds fell down off of the railing and it damaged the interior of the trailer. Also, we took it on our first trip and the water tanks would not hold water. Winnebago has not been supportive at all we are stuck with it. They say they will fix everything but they will not refund our money or give us another one. Very bad customer service.
- Stacey , California

2019-09-05 2020 Winnebago Spyder 28KS View Listings

We bought this trailer new (June 2019) and we currently have this trailer on the road following a motorcycle race schedule that will not allow us to have the trailer back to the dealer until the end of November 2019. We have tried to get the more serious warranty issues resolved at other Winnebago dealers on the road with no success. They are all booked with other customers. Some of the bigger problems have had temporary fixes done or we fixed the issues ourselves. We purchased this Winnebago based on the reputation of the brand. Unfortunately, this unit is no better than all the other poor quality RVs currently produced in the U.S.. We reached out to Winnebago for help on the road, but that resulted in little to no help at all. Our dealer has helped as much as they can until we get it back to them. We downsized to this trailer after towing a Heartland Cyclone 5th wheel for years. The Heartland was junk too. This trailer was going to be a temporary solution until we were going to purchase a Class A next year. However, we are done with the RV world. We will haul our race bikes in a cargo trailer and stay in hotels. Here is a list of a few issues so far: • Damaged Refrigerator door from draws sliding out during transport • Kitchen Slide-Out does not fully close • Severe Shower drain leak, flooded bottom of the trailer • Under carriage cover torn loose and dragging on the ground • Front exterior trim molding came off • Unable to service generator. Oil filter access blocked • Sliding door in Bedroom falls off track. Bad design. • Multiple ceiling lights in not working correctly • Window Blinds next to door has a defect. They do not line up correctly • Paneling under top bunk is coming off • Small tear/defect on one of the free standing chairs. • Multiple bolts fell out of the free standing chairs. • Front door does not open and close properly • Drain under kitchen sink came apart and flooded the inside of the trailer. • Bracket on stove cover came off > Mattresses need to replaced after 10 days of use. > Trailer says it will hold 100 gallons of fresh water. We attached a gauge to measure and was only able to put 60 gallons of water in the trailer. Good luck. I'm Done With RVs.
- Eric Severns, Wyoming

2019-08-07 2018 Winnebago Spyder 29KS View Listings

This is a beautiful camper but it has a few issues. The hose for the sink is poorly designed - when you push out the kitchen 9 times out of 10 the hose disconnects and you don't realize it until you have water running all over your floor. The dealer said unfortunately it is a poor design and there is nothing you can do. Also - This is a big camper so it comes with 2 a/c units - the bad thing is the generator can only run 1, you need hook ups to run the second one, so good lunch cooling your big black camper on a hot day without hook ups. It's a toy hauler, so most places you're going don't have hook ups!
- Robin Curtis, Nevada

2019-07-08 2016 Winnebago Spyder 24FQ View Listings

Spyder Winnebago 24fq is a rather small toy hauler that my Honda Pioneer 1000 5 seater WILL fit into. Tows with ease and easy to set up. Great for hitting the road with your toy and going for an adventure.
- Greg, Alabama

2017-07-26 2016 Winnebago Spyder 24FQ View Listings

This RV has been the perfect live and office space. A luxury modern, clean, contemporary design and color scheme. Easy to transform to camper for outdoor entertainment and delivery was simple. Easy to install the 360 security camera system and LED lights. I have never been in a trailer before. This Winnebago is better looking inside than most studio apartments here in NYC where rent is over $1200 a month. An excellent investment.
- Stephanie, New York