Winnebago Sightseer RVs Reviews (34)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Sightseer RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Bill Waters from California says:

Have you owned any Winnebago Sightseer RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Winnebago Sightseer 30A View Listings

2015 sightseer less than 7000 miles 1st trip to yellowstone had cut trip short, back to san diego, 6 weeks in shop for multiple repairs. Recall on steps 6-8 months later due to possible popping out during driving. This trip, 7-2016, engine dies coming down mountains out of St george utah to mesquite. No power steering no brakes, put my family's lives in jeopardy. Hour and a half on the side of the freeway with no cell service. My son holding a hand written sign to call cops or tow. Finally started and made it down the mountain( much to my wife's reluctance). Called winnebago told to take it to ford, ford fixed it saying it was due to fuel pump grounds put on painted surface/ or painted over causing fuel pump to short out. This negligence could have cost lives but ford and winnebago want to blame each other neither want to pay for the repairs. Family is to scared to use rv anymore, $110,000 for a ticking time bomb.
- Bill Waters , California

2019-11-05 2013 Winnebago Sightseer 30A View Listings

This is my 3rd motorhome. I purchased a Winnebago because there are many out there that have been on the road for a long time. The quality is very good. This is the first motorhome that I have owned, that hasn't needed anything major done to it. Winnebago makes a good coach. While others try to make them pretty and add all kinds of foo foo, these guys concentrate on the important things. Of course I have customized a few things to make it how I like it and make it a little more comfortable.
- Dean Gardiner, California

2019-10-20 2013 Winnebago Sightseer 30A View Listings

This Sightseer is our 3rd motorhome. It has been very reliable. Winnebago has a long reputation of long lasting motor-homes. The heavy duty chassis with the 22.5" tires rides very nice. Towing a jeep or trailer behind is no problem. The horsepower is the highest of any motorhome we have had. Climbs hill better than our friends. The 30 ft length is perfect for all campgrounds. Overall very little issues in past 7 years. Highly recommend the brand.
- Dean, California

2019-09-17 2015 Winnebago Sightseer 35G View Listings

3 three sides and three TVs washer and dryer two different kinds of shades automatic awning ice maker and water filter large shower sleep number bed King large u-shaped couch lights in the storage backup camera surround sound
- Linda Olivarez, California

2019-02-21 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 26P View Listings

What I love the most about this RV is I can easily drive it as a woman and park it anywhere. I have done many girls trips in it! My husband and I have taken it on narrow ocean side roads and always get a spot at the parks, never turned away due to size. It has a powerful engine for mountain climbing and towing.
- Beth Hudson, California

2019-02-05 2002 Winnebago Sightseer 27C View Listings

This is a entry level motorhome, with enough room to qualify for full-timing. The floor plan makes a lot of sense. It's typical Winnebago quality (get out the wrench and screwdriver after each trip!) Gas mileage comes in 8-9 mpg consistently. The 8.1L Vortec engine is a gem. I would not hesitate to hit the road tomorrow in this coach!
- Don, Texas

2019-01-19 2005 Winnebago Sightseer 29R View Listings

We have taken several trips, two adults and 2 dogs. Our RV is great. We love the floorplan. I am a 70 year old lady, and I can drive it comfortably. The only problem is that it has been in the harsh Texas sun for too many years. We need to re-do the outside. We are wondering where to get the exterior decals.
- Carol &Charlie , Texas

2019-01-02 2012 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

We have really enjoyed this coach for over 6 years. Only wish we had more time to enjoy it. It has a terrific floor plan with opposing front slides. Great options (we have most of them). Very livable with features we don’t have in our home. Haven’t had any warranty issues. No rust or water damage. No mechanical issues. Seems like newer models have had more problems. Added stabilizer and steering bars. Upgraded shocks. Haven’t towed. No RV is without problems but ours have been minor.
- Allen, Virginia

2018-10-18 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R View Listings

Drove across the country from Florida to Pacific Northwest with no issues except wiper motor. Bought used and all appliances, upholstery, and interior finishes held up extremely well - it looks like new. Very pleased with layout and hard-to-find two slides in a Class A under 30 feet long. Wish they made more like this!
- Jen Heeg, Florida

2018-10-02 2005 Winnebago Sightseer 30B View Listings

Well maintained and clean coach. New tires, awning and front flat screen TV DVD player with surround sound, Solar panels on roof, inverter to run living room TV, outside shower, outside radio , tow package . Original owners, Have all receipts for everything that has been done to the coach including all services records. . RV is ready to go For more information please call 661-823-7127 or text at 661-203-7672
- Kevin, California

2018-05-04 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 30A View Listings

Have taken several long distance trips. Spent 4 weeks in it one time. Runs excellent and the power day/night shades in the front are a real plus. Auto jacks and 2 showers (inside & outside) also a plus.
- Shirley Parker, Texas

2018-02-20 2010 Winnebago Sightseer 37L View Listings

this floor plan is Excellent!! with the french doors giving a division between the living room and kitchen, it makes ideal for creating a separate private space when needed, such as for your kids (creates a separate room), or family and friends when sleeping over. This Rv comes with a King size bed, an electric fireplace which works as a furnace for those cold nights. It has plenty of storage space both inside and out! 2 powerful 13,500 btu acs which keeps the rv cold even during those hot summer days!
- Jay, Florida

2018-02-20 2016 Winnebago Sightseer 35G View Listings

We had a 2008 Winnie Outlook that was as solid as they get. We were very loyal to the brand when it was time to move up. Bought a nearly new 2016 Sightseer 35G last year (original owner dumped it after 900 miles) and it's been nothing but problems! As I dug into the tons of issues it became clear that there are two types of Winnebagos. Those built before 2010 and those afterwards. Quality of construction/assembly has REALLY taken a hit. Ours has been in the shop 4 of the 11 months we've owned it. Winnebago customer service has been great and kept extending the warranty. But that doesn't excuse the fact that they use staples to install things they should have screwed and glued. Including a 4" x 1" x 4' long heavy hardwood board above the driver. Yup....stapled into cabinetry and of course eventually fell off. Could have been a real problem if it hit someone. Items like the ladder rack pulled right out of the wall because it wasn't screwed into backing. All kitchen drawers fell onto the floor while driving dumping all contents because they used weak mechanisms. Two of the three slide outs have failed. Most recently because they were installed with cheaply make screws that sheared off causing the slide to jamb. Whole slide rack assembly now needs to be replaced. Gone for another month. King pins were bad from the factory (Ford issue BUT Winnebago would have caught it IF THE WOULD HAVE ALIGNED THE UNIT before it shipped....according to a local chassis expert that would have been impossible with these king pins...therefore Winnie didn't even do that...sloppy). I can excuse vendors' products (like generators/refrigerators/whatever) that have issues in the beginning as the MH manufacturer can only a certain amount of testing before delivery. We've been through the new MH drill and a certain amount of that just happens. To me the quality of the assembly/install/parts are critically important. Even though those can be flawed I can't excuse dumb engineering design and cheap cheap parts. Or sheer laziness (king pins). That's what happened to Winnie. Very sad as the old ones were tanks. Trading this in on a different manufacturer's unit. No more Winnebago for me (sadly!).
- Steve P., California

2017-10-22 2015 Winnebago Sightseer 35G View Listings

Went to the dealership almost 100 miles away to buy a part for my 5th wheel and left purchasing the Sightseer 35G . This is a great floor plan in my opinion tons of room in the lounge and kitchen. Usually its just two of us but recently had 9 adults sitting comfortably inside for cocktails when it began to rain outside. When it stopped we stayed inside it was so relaxing and convenient to have the kitchen and refrigerator close by. The bedroom is just the right size. It is in the back and uses only enough floor space that is needed for the time that we spend in there sleeping or doing laundry(I have the optional washer and dryer). The bath is split (shower on one side split by the hallway to the bedroom and the toilet sink on the other) I never liked this configuration before but I finally figured out that by closing the sliding doors to the bedroom and the kitchen creates one large bath and that works for me. It drives like what you would expect on the F53 chassis, but since i have completed some suspension upgrades and Wow what a difference, with these mods I would say the driving is now 4star not 3. I gave warranty support 3 stars because their dealership network in a major metro area like Chicagoland is very limited, you would think they would have better exposure in one of the closest major markets to their factory. They loose out to some of the other manufacturers that are winning here.
- Ben There , Illinois

2017-09-07 2011 Winnebago Sightseer 36V View Listings

Great motorhome, drives great, never had any problems, would be perfect for full timers or weekend getaways. Love the king bed and the L-section pull out on the sofa. The outdoor entertainment is fantastic. Plenty of storage both inside and out. Tows our dinghy with ease.Auto seal satellite works great and easy to hookup everything.
- George Allen, Georgia

2017-07-18 2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

This is a good coach. It has been very reliable with few issues. Winnebago technical support which I have called on two occasions has been both responsive and helpful for solving problems. Any warranty items were handled through the dealer with no problems.
- Phil Cascio, Maryland

2017-05-11 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J View Listings

Absolutely the best RV I've ever owned!! Easy to tow. Great floor plan... Sleeps 8 Has EVERYTHING you could ever need... hydraulic jacks. Large King bed. large full size shower. 2 A/C electric and gas heat
- Kim Clouden, Florida

2017-05-03 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 30B View Listings

Drives well and very easily. This is my first RV and I have had no problem with driving it. Overall quality is excellent and I have never had a major problem with it and very few minor problems. Strong engine V1o ford. No mechanical problems with it at all. I would recommend a Winnebago on my experiences with this one. I always pull a car and it pulls it with no strain at all, can't really tell its pulling a car. The wheelbase Is the right size for getting around in fairly tight places in towns and camp sites and my driveway. Plenty of room inside and the floor plan is excellent.
- Terry E Hiller, Illinois

2017-04-14 2005 Winnebago Sightseer 30B View Listings

Great vehicle. Plenty of room for kiddos. All the amenities you could want. Love the fiberglass roof as I've had issues w/ rubber roofs on past RVs. The super slide out is nice to create a much more spacious feel as well.
- Erin, California

2017-04-05 2012 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

This RV is most definitely liveable. We did 6 months out of the year while escaping from the snow and cold. Loved having 4 door refrigerator with ice maker, the king size bed is the big plus. Driving is easy, even while towing. I can honestly say there is nothing that I didn't like about my RV. We would go to RV shows to be nosy as to what else there is out there. We'd go through the bigger and more expensive ones, I would always walk out with the comment that I liked my motorhome much better.
- Linda Lippert, Ohio

2017-03-18 2013 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

Traveled the entire lower 48. It's our home away from home. Handles great on the open road with out the assist of after-market handling pkgs. Small enough for city driving with tow vehicle. Easy setup. Adequate room for 2 with pets. Love the floor plan with retractable large screen tv. Great sized unit for daily travel or long stay camping. Overall high quality unit with only minor repairs.
- Lew Smith, Florida

2017-02-10 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R View Listings

It has been a great 5 years with our motorhome. we travelled from BC through to Arizona each year seeing all of the sights such as Redwoods, Rushmore, Grand Canyon. 21 days to drive down this year. It is nice and easy to set up at each sight as well as towing our pickup makes it easy to drive around while we are parked. Our unit is actually an Itasca Sunova 29R but no option on the list.
- Len Mitchell, British Columbia

2017-02-02 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R View Listings

We bought this motor home New and it has served us well. I have no complaints at all. It is a nice size for two or four people. We can take it a lot of places because it is a medium size. It has lots of inside and outside storage. I would like to replace it with something very much the same. We took it for a three week trip through the Southwest and it performed beautifully.
- Cathy Kinne, Ohio

2016-09-06 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 30B View Listings

We liked the floor plan, hydraulic leveling w/manual joystick, fiberglass exterior and gas engine for maintenance purposes. Plenty of storage, inside and out, for our purposes. Easy to drive, park and hook up to water, sewer and power.
- Dale Weber, Minnesota

2016-08-09 2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

Since purchase of our unit, have had multiple problems, mostly due to poor workmanship at the factory. Unit had to go back to factory to have the roof replaced at a year old. To date, we have had about 20-25 issues with this motorhome. Every time we use it, it has to go back to fixed. Recently hired a lawyer to see if this unit can come under the lemon law in our state. Would not recommend Winnebago to anyone.
- RJCOBB, West Virginia