Winnebago Minnie Winnie Reviews on RV Insider (37)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Minnie Winnie RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dan Kelly from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31K View Listings

I took possession of my new RV a week ago. Ford engine had a severe oil leak that the dealer didn't notice. It was taken back to the dealer and repaired. This could have been a very nasty surprise if I had left right away on my planned cross country National Park tour. Other issues found: -Shower surround is badly cracked around the bottom lip, caulking is also cracked with open seams. -Top edge of the roof, along the left front has open seam with cracked caulking. -Side bump out rubber seal at the top rear corner is torn. -Looking underneath, angled cuts of the square tubing used for the camper body supports are not painted at all, and already show rust. There is also a fairly significant amount of rust beginning on the underside. To date, this unit has only been driven from the manufacturer to the dealer, for a total of less than 1000 miles, and then to my home (7 miles). -There are unsealed wiring entries from underneath into the RV body. -Each time the AC unit fan ran, sawdust kept blowing out of the vents. I had to remove all the vent opening, run the fan, and bang on the ceiling starting at the AC unit and moving down to each vent opening to clear it all out. Simply using a vacuum attachment on the hole saw that cut the openings in the paneling would have prevented having to deal with this. I am pretty disappointed in my first RV purchase. The dealer has been correcting issues as I find them, but this is a brand new RV and if there had been a decent quality control inspection before it left the Winnebago plant I would have expected these issues to be be found and corrected. I had to rate the Manufacturer Warranty/Support, but I have not had deal with Winnebago as of yet. The dealer has been correcting them for me. I marked it as a 3 but would have left it blank if accepted.
- Dan Kelly, New York

2020-06-09 2018 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 27RBDS View Listings

We bought a Winnebago Minnie Plus 27RDS from Demontrond RV in Conroe, Texas. We spent 3 nights in the RV and it began leaking after it rained. It was not leaking in a small section but 75% of the trailer had water coming down the walls (bedroom, living room, slide out, dining area, and bathroom. The wall paper was buckling and there was mold in the front storage from where it had leaked. Immediately contacted Demontrond in Conroe and they said bring it in on Monday, November 11, 2019. Did a walk through with service and management. Left the RV and November 29, 2019, Winnebago came and picked up the RV to take it to Indiana to make the repairs because they were beyond what Demontrond could repair. It was with the understanding the Winnebago would keep us informed on the repairs. They stated that we should have it back to us by Christmas. We received one set of pictures of which the slide out is pulled off the RV and lying on the floor because of discovery work and mold underneath the carpet. Finally, in February 2020, the RV came back to Demontrond only to return a week later back to Winnebago. No one told us the RV had returned, we just happened to call and was told that it was there but the wall paper was coming off the walls again. No one asked before returning to Indiana we just got a call the next day the Winnebago had picked up the RV. We only pulled the RV 45 miles and Winnebago has pulled the RV 3,477 miles. Get this, we also got a tickets we had to pay because they used the tollway in Dallas and did not pay the tolls. We got an attorney who sent 2 separate Demand Letters (wanting a full refund plus associated expenses) and Demontrond has not responded. The letters were sent to corporate and Conroe. To this day, June 9, 2020, we have not seen our RV since November 9,2019. There has nothing been done on the part of Demontrond Conroe or Winnebago to make this situation right. Obviously, there is major structural damage and mold damage. Please, Please I beg you not to buy from Demontrond Conroe or Winnebago. Hopefully, I can save 1 family from buying from Demontrond especially Demontrond RV Conroe from going through this nightmare we are living. We bought from a large company in our area and bought what we thought was a good brand of RV and has proven not the case.
- Theresa P, Texas

2020-05-09 2002 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 30V View Listings

We owned this 2002 Winnebago Minnie Winnie for 9 years and couldn’t have been more happy with it. It was extremely comfortable, had plenty of storage and as old as it was we had very few issues with it.
- Nancy Dunlap, Tennessee

2020-03-18 2002 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 30V View Listings

My husband and I traveled all around the U.S. in this RV for 9 years and loved every trip we took in it. It was extremely comfortable and many times I would say to myself, “I could live in this”! It has tons of storage space and for 2 people it is the perfect size. You don’t have to worry about not being able to find sites in some of the smaller (and nicer I might add) parks like the larger class A’s do many times and my husband found it extremely easy to drive and park. We towed a Kia Soul which was a perfect “toad” with no trouble. All in all we love this RV and compared to other makes of campers we looked at and friends have had we found that our Winnebago is one of the highest quality made RV’s out there. It still has many miles left in her but my husband and I have completed our bucket list of places we wanted to visit and have lost our traveling companions due to health issues. If you are looking for a dependable used RV with low miles that has been taken good care of, you can’t go wrong with our Minnie Winnie. But we will really miss her!
- Nancy, Tennessee

2019-12-08 2018 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B View Listings

This RV is a great one for a single woman to use to see the USA and Canada. It is small enough (27') to fit into most campgrounds. It is simple to set up--check that the frig is level, then plug in the electric, and while the built in surge protector test the power, hook up the fresh water. By yourself, you don't need to empty the black water tank at every stop--once a week seems enough. On the road it handles well, keeps up with traffic with no problems--even with a tow car attached. Setting off down the road in this rig is a happy feeling!
- Michelle McAlpin, Arizona

2019-11-18 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R View Listings

I owned an R-Vision Trail-Lite B+ motorhome with Chevy 8.1 L motor for 15 years prior to purchasing the 22R. The 22R has a 5.4 L motor which has less power but softer and quieter ride. Only problems with the 22R so far was the 30 amp cord and rear camera which I think is exceptionable considering it has been 4 and a half years. Upgrades include replacing Ford's stock rear sway bar with Road Master's sway bar to reduce wind push and roll. Also replaced the standard toilet seat with a detachable easy to clean residential toilet seat. Additions include adding a U-Haul front 2 inch receiver, 400 watt inverter to coach battery, T-connector valve and anti-freeze hose to water pump, keyless remote and security, spare tire, stove and sink covers, wall mounted power strip in front entertainment area, rear TV, small up & down curved mirrors on side mirrors, screen door handle and refrigerator shelf bars. Things I love. Easy to park for an RV especially when you can hang the back end over curb/grass area. It's basically a long, tall, fat Ford pick up truck so if it fits you can probably go there. I've never needed levels or stabilizer. Great bathroom for RV size, real shower with soap/shampoo shelves and glass door, ample leg room for toilet, nice sink & mirror, plenty of storage space for towels, toiletries, powerful fan and towel hooks. Bigger wardrobe closet than many larger RVs. We never use the dining table, we leave it as a bed which serves as bed and couch. We never use the front bed for sleeping but it's a huge storage area and very convenient space for all your stuff like jackets, dog leash, flash light, phone, purse and everything else you need. Easy four snap privacy skirt, my old RV used Velcro snaps around the side and front windows which gets old fast in a C-class. No flimsy fold out steps, all the steps are internal and the coach battery is under the second step as compared to under chassis access. 6' 10" ceiling with six in roof AC ducts. No carpet. The super structure, build quality and single piece fiberglass roof is exceptional for the money. Final notes. The 22R is small but we don't RV to be inside. Winnebago offers refinements which exceeded my expectations for price range.
- Tim Oma, Ohio

2019-11-16 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B View Listings

I own the ford f350, V10. Powerful engine and easy to drive. Does not "sway" as much in cabin as others I have owned. Like views from the cabin in every seat for passengers. Cannot speak to service issues because I have had none. Very good heat and roof air. Always comfortable. I love the fact that my unit has automatic stabilizers that level. I am older with a bad knee and it is a nice option especially when it is raining. Pulls in easily to park for groceries. I took this unit through 7 states and six national parks. Not one problem. Complaints would be hard mattress and no 12 volt plug. We have been very happy with this unit. Handles steep inclines and brakes well on downgrades. I have to sell due to my wifes disability and up coming surgery. If she is ever able to travel again I would only look at Winnebago as we have enjoyed this model.
- Frank, Tennessee

2019-10-01 2018 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B View Listings

Great compact camper. Sleeps 8. But livability is a little tight with that many. Quality has been great. Plenty of power. Drivability is great, and easy to park in a fairly tight parking lot. Nicely laid out.
- Michael , Virginia

2019-09-26 2004 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 24F View Listings

This is a GREAT RV that you and your family/friends will love! We've had it for 4+ years and it’s been a workhorse and wonderful vehicle and very functional/user friendly. Not a lot of bells and whistles and it is 15 years old, but not a lot of miles for its age. you'll love the pop out and everything has functioned and operated perfectly. We've kept it in tip-top condition and only use it 4-5 times a year so not much wear and tear. We put a completely new suspension on it and have serviced it after every trip. A great RV for someone who wants to travel, enjoys the road and wants to see the country! If I weren't changing my lifestyle, I'd keep it forever. Its built to last, unfortunately, I'm not... let me know if you'd like to discuss it, see it, drive it, whatever and I'll answer any/all questions and provide all the records I have on it for you to review. I hope to hear from you and have a great day!
- david greenwald, California

2019-09-23 2018 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 26A View Listings

Great RV with almost no issues. Drives well and sleeps 8. As long a a couple are kids. But tight livability with that many. Works great for 4-5 adults or 2 adults and a few kids. Plenty of storage. Totally happy with it, but unfortunately we need to get a larger one Due to the fact that we are camping with 8 or more on a regular basis.
- Michael Winesett , Virginia

2019-08-10 1993 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 28RQ View Listings

I've traveled to California, New Mexico, Arizona and back from Colorado in this RV! She runs awesome and has provided fun, entertainment and shelter for myself, my daughter and my six grandkids. Has lots of storage.
- Tracy, Colorado

2019-08-01 2014 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 2201DS View Listings

Never having towed or camped before, I was pretty worried about this experience. I found many helpful people in my travels out West and learned along the way. My Ford F150 XL with a 5 liter engine and 3.31 gear ratio had a great transmission that handled towing this RV admirably. The sights out West are just incredible and should not be missed. The mountains and canyons are just breathtaking. Mt St Helen's peak is rebuilding. Delicate Arch in Arches NP hike is not to be missed, but hold onto your hat as the cliff edge ends or the wind will sail off with it. Don't miss Chiricahua NP in Arizona as it has outstanding vertical rock and a view of Cochise's prone face. The Queen's Garden hike in Bryce canyon is mostly downhill but well worth the effort to be up close to the multi-colored hoodoo rock. Twin Falls, Idaho has the Perrine Bridge over the deepest gorge and Snake River where hang gliders leap from most days and Shoshone Falls is not too far away. Just a few of the wonderful adventures to see along the way.
- Gail, Illinois

2019-07-29 2003 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31C View Listings

This is a great little motor home! We traveled quite a bit long distance and had no problems. The layout is great for privacy. The motor home has everything you could want and is powerful enough to get you anywhere you want to go. Winnebago quality is superb. Everything works perfectly even though the unit is 16 years old, it has been very well cared for.
- Emily Spear, New Hampshire

2019-07-18 1996 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 29WU View Listings

The late 90’s Minnie Winnie models are built on extremely reliable Ford Chassis’ with overall great handling. I bought this knowing that I loved RVing but was tired of throwing away money on renting. This was a great starter model for me to get acquainted with all the motorhome systems and learn. I’m now in the market for a slightly used class A that I hope will get me and my family through the next 10 years. Unfortunately the Minnie Winnie gets harder to live in as the family grows. We use the RV for 2 months of summer living so it really isn’t an occasional use vehicle. I highly recommend this as a good starter home for someone new to RVing or someone with a small family.
- TJ Weber, California

2019-07-18 2019 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31G View Listings

The initial sale was much like our elected Candidates. Lots of promises of quality, loyalty, and follow through! However, when you roll the Coach off the lot all bets are off. The Manufacturer wipes there hands of any defective items. My defects we're in the decals from date of purchase. My first washing of the Coach, my 2nd week of ownership, on the one side of the Coach, one of the Decals came off. The Dealer took ownership of of the problem. The Driverside has very Shoddy workmanship of the decals on that side. Meaning all or most of the decals have bubbles or rippling of the decals. The passenger side has none of these issues. Interesting thing, I've lost no decals on that side! I took many pictures and communicated this to the Winnebago Headquarters and they said it was found not to be defective.......Sad that at one time Winnebago use to stand behind there workmanship and product's. NOT ANYMORE! As you can imagine I'm furious! It's a decal, REALLY? What happened to make a Customer happy especially one who spent almost 100k! Another one of mine contentions with the Coach is the cheapness of Winnebago! I mean for over 100k you would imagine some amenities in your Cab of the Coach. I don't know like mabe a KEY FOB!!!! This CHEAPLY made Coach came with regular keys. I dont think you can buy a vehicle of any kind without one these days, but Winnebago's come with standard keys. Really for over 100k!! Also the stripped dashboard gadgets of any kind. I was surprised it had a Radio and CD player. Very hard to operate I might add. Very off Brand if you know what I mean. I think the Amish stopped working for Winnebago or at least when they built this Coach it was there day off. I've owned 7 Motorhomes in my time and I will buy another one, however it wont be a Winnebago product!!
- regism.fitzy, Washington

2019-06-18 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R View Listings

My paint on this has faded so bad I look like I have a pink Winnebago MinnieThe inside is very pretty it’s all varnished wood was some Stainglass it was one of the first ones they made the outside is Awful
- Kathy Snyder, Ohio

2019-05-31 2019 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31G View Listings

I am a first time "RVer" and my family and I rented this for a long weekend. We took it up and down the Texas coast and it was very easy to drive and was very stable on the road. Without the slides out the passenger area is more limited while driving however once parked, the "Minnie" was definitely not that. We had ample places to stow our gear, for the kids to sleep, and the dog to wander. We also had the optional tailgate package which was a blast for us being able to listen to tunes and watch TV outside. Hookups were simple and the AC was ice cold. The sink area is a bit smaller than expected but we were able to easily cook for a family of 4. Overall the vehicle was perfect for the 4 of us(even though its able to sleep 10 I would expect that to be pretty tight) and we would definitely recommend both renting and the vehicle to our friends!
- Jason, Texas

2019-05-07 2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31D View Listings

RV is very comfortable while sleeping. Drives great. Cooking is easy in unit. Love 3 TVs. Cable hookups are a breeze. The outside automatic awning works great and provides plenty of shade. I recommend highly.
- James, Louisiana

2019-04-21 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R View Listings

This unit drives like a dream, handles well in turns, winds, rain , and ofcourse in Florida sunshine! Air in cab and main unit cools quickly and stays cold. Bathroom has full shower and spacious to use comfortably. Over can bed platform very comfortable, lots of deep storage space with easy access! The full size bed is comfortable but a bit difficult to make. Kitchen counter has handy bamboo fold down extension that makes it very easy to use and adds a lot more space to work. Love this unit!
- L. A. Lees, Florida

2018-11-02 1968 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 337RLS View Listings

This 24 foor Minnie Winny by Winnebago Motor Home i have fond is the perfect size. Not to small and not to big. It has a new wood type floor inside, sleeps 6 people, and has been custom designed inside, A real sleeping room comes with a full shower and toilet Everything works and it drives great. It has a 4000 ONAN generator with little hours on it. The motor home is also fully equipped with solar panels on the roof so it is more than fully self contained.
- john, California

2018-10-12 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R View Listings

The 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22r is a great motorhome. The advantage is it's size which makes it ideal for driving and parking. Also the standard floor plan is very accomadating. It's size also helps in accessing sites that wouldn't be available to larger motorhomes. I found this to be very helpful when trying to get space last minute at some campsites. It's disadvantages are the same as most other Class C motorhomes which are mostly all cookie cutter designed today. That being said, Winnebago still has better build quality and quality control in my experience than most other high volume manufactuters.
- Mike, Michigan

2018-01-13 2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31K View Listings

Having owned a Minnie Winnie before then went to a class A I had to get back into a Minnie Winnie. Found the perfect layout and size the quality is always the best in the Minnie Winnie and found the one i had been looking for at Millers RV in Baton Rouge Great people and company
- Rouillier, Louisiana

2017-08-25 2016 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 2401RG View Listings

My husband is "portly" and the bathroom has plenty of room for him to be comfortable which was our main reason for buying this model. We were downsizing from a 30ft motorhome. The kitchen is sufficient although the walls are awful to clean when splattered from food from the stove. We loved the light colored look of the walls and furniture to get away from the dark paneling in most campers. The queen mattress was TERRIBLE and I didn't realize it until after we bought which was my mistake, it was hard as a rock so we switched it with our guest room mattress before our trip. This make the bed extremely high and awkward but very comfortable. The couch seemed comfortable at first but is narrower than a normal couch and broke the 2nd time we used it, it was replaced sloppily under warranty and the front board is still hanging. The dinette also seemed comfortable even for my husband but is NOT comfortable as a bed and the cushions do not fit properly at all when made into a bed. The nearest place to warranty is an hour away so haven't brought it back yet. I have no problem at all with the A/C, Frig, Sink, Stove, septic system. It tows great with our 2500 Dodge too. I would've liked fewer drawers with a bottom cabinet instead but we tend to overpack so cabinet room is fine. Bathroom linen cabinet if Fantastic! Double doors which let you access bedroom and kitchen when slide is in is a big plus for those quick stops and while not in use. The closet is large and we added a 4 drawer plastic type dresser inside since we didn't need too much hanging room. I would've liked wall switches instead of having to reach up and turn the lights on. We added a canopy over the slide-out and felt that should've been included in the price but overpaid for it anyway. Ours is the gray outdoor color pattern which matches our truck nicely but gets really dirty since we live in FL and store it out in the yard. We are trying to find a place to build a pole barn to put it under. So in conclusion, I like everything but the couch and dinette cushions which I'm trying to get resolved.
- Lori P, Florida

2017-08-13 2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R View Listings

We just returned from a 15 day trip in our Minnie Winne 2250ds. It towed great with sway bars and the quality is amazing. I can live in this RV if needed. The only things that I was somewhat dismayed with is the satellite dots do not light up when an accurate signal is honed in on and the MATTRESS IS HORRIBLE. I am a 43 year old nurse and my back is SCREAMING. For what we paid for this RV $60,000 including tax, I am dismayed that I must buy a new mattress as the quality is departments store awe full. Definitely room for improvement there.
- Sheila , British Columbia

2017-06-15 2002 Winnebago Minnie Winnie WF331C View Listings

Very good RV comes with everything you would need. It is livable I would recommend this RV to everyone. It sleeps 6 so good for a family has microwave,cable hookups, full shower, restroom has its own room, TV hookups outside and a stereo. Fun for the whole family
- Sherrie Miller , California