Winnebago Era RVs Reviews (26)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Era RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Paul Wadley from California says:

Have you owned any Winnebago Era RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

I purchased this unit in Aug 2015. Two days later the generator stopped working. Back to the dealer. Repaired it and two hours later it stopped again. Back to the dealer. Two weeks later the battery/alt light came on. Back to the dealer and MB shop. Melted battery cover due to poor workmanship by Winnebago. Sink fell out of the galley sink. Electrical had to be rewired at the fuse box since Winnebago miss wired it at the factory. 3 LED inside lights failed and had to be replaced. I was never told to load my unit and have the front end realigned. It cost me $750.00 to repair (2 tires and alignment) after only 7700 miles. Called Winnebago after sending them 3 emails (which they never answered). They told me the dealer needs to make all repairs since it left the factory. I love the Sprinter Diesel and it gets over 18 mpg. Cabinet drawer had to be repaired since the factory failed to secure it before shipping. The propane valve was the major problem for the appliances not working properly (generator, stove, furnace and refrigerator). I have never heard of so many issues/problems from a major manufacturer like Winnebago. My unit spent more time at the dealership for repairs the first 7 months than I had it on the road.
- Paul Wadley, California

2019-06-22 2014 Winnebago Era 170C View Listings

We have taken two trips in the east with this van and had no problems after we learned the systems. We are currently on a tour around the country and enjoying a very comfortable ride. The driving is easy and the kitchen and bath are all working very well.
- Gunnar Baldwin, New Hampshire

2019-05-31 2018 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

Owned the 170A for 9 months after buying new. Very sensitive to type of diesel fuel and def used. 3rd trip out broke down on highway and cost 12K to repair. Limited dealer support for Sprinter chassis. Can’t just get it repaired at any Mercedes dealer. Constant things falling apart like cabinet holding sound system, table holders under twin beds, glass fell from over sink. Sliding screen door has square corners but van frame is curved leaving 2 in gap for bugs. Power issues with breakers tripping for no reason under passenger seat. We took a huge loss after only nine months but it took all the fun out of our retirement plans.
- Don, Texas

2019-03-06 2012 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

The great attraction of owning an Winnebago ERA is the fact that Winnebago built this totally self contained unit on a Mercedes Benz chassis platform / diesel engine that drives like a car and very easy to park with wonderful fuel efficiency ( 15 in city and 18 on hwy). Winnebago designed the inside with upscaled features that gave all the comforts of home. It offers the convenience of both short and long trips including sporting events and for that matter another to drive around locally. The ERA has served us very well.
- Ronald Aljoe, Texas

2019-02-17 2015 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

The Mercedes part is very high quality and we are getting 22 to 25 mpg. The Winnebago part is poorly constructed cheap materials along with poor assembly. Many screws are not attached to any thing and most of the time along a trip we find screws from some where on the floor. There are a few other assembly issues but nothing major it’s surprising for the cost the quality is not there. This seems to be common in the RV world
- Mike Rutkowski, Colorado

2019-02-01 2016 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

We love this. Sometimes wish it had more aisle space or dry bath. But SO easy to drive, good speed and mileage (17-18). Goes almost anywhere easily, don’t need to tow. A few minor issues in the beginning that were fixed under warranty or we fixed. Put in a cabinet in place of one chair to add clothing storage which makes a big difference. 2 adults, 2 small dogs. Have used it for weeklong trips or 3 months.
- Dave, Wisconsin

2019-01-19 2014 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

Having driven 40' diesel pushers, smaller class C gassers, and pulling a few towables, the sprinter-based RVs are by far the easiest and most comfortable to maneuver around town and flying down the highway. The tradeoff with the comfortable cruise is obviously the living space - which can feel small, especially if it's raining outside. It has what you need to cook, eat, and sleep comfortably just about anywhere - but plan your trips for enjoying the outdoors, and not just hanging out in the RV.
- Anders, California

2019-01-06 2014 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

We hauled a cam am Spyder motor cycle in the garage to complete our Route 66 trips.Garage was nice during rainy weather esp with dogs cause we could enter garage and keep the living area much cleaner. When daughter and grandson traveled with us they had their own bedroom with TV, radio, AC, and door. Plenty of sleeping spots available. Dinette large enough to play cards with 4 people and dining too. When just an overnight stay - didn't put out the slide and yet the large TV slides out for full view. Access to all with slide in- refrig, bathroom, sinks, food, etc.
- Bonnie, Texas

2018-12-30 2017 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

Love the coach and especially the quality of MBZ sprinter. That’s about it. This is the worst quality RV we have ever owned. Having owned 3 Airstream trailers with little to no issues and now having this is a sheer disappointment. From the moment we got this coach it has given us problems. From the control panel malfunctioning to the pressure regulator on the propane tank to a useless heating and boiler system to 4 inoperable window blinds to a non functioning macerator pump (in winter it froze solid). Do NOT take this coach out in the winter. You will be freezing and will have pipes all freeze since Winnebago decides to put the majority of the pipes outside the coach. We also had to replace the lever on the awning as it cracked off the first time we used the awning. The screen door can not be moved by anyone other than me as it falls out of the tracks. Winnebago is useless. Absolutely useless. We tried numerous times to get a hold of anyone to help and answer warranty issues. They are rude and useless. I will say that that did reimburse my out of pocket expenses since the waiting time to get my coach in was 9 months in Southern California. Again if all was functioning this would be a great coach. But it’s not. It’s a fair weather RV that I will never take in the winter. It’s for spring and summer usage only. Too much money for all the problems. and Winnebago is a useless company to deal with. They are more concerned with sales and less concerned about keeping the consumer happy.
- Nathan C, California

2018-09-02 2018 Winnebago Era 70A View Listings

Solid on the road...smooth drive. Great bed space for up to 3 people, nice to have room to have a guest. Smart design giving access to under bed storage from inside RV too. Comfy seats for long drives. Lots of cabinets and a wardrobe closet. Like the freezer on the bottom of the fridge rather than the top. Pretty and sharp interior design.
- Shellee Rae, Oregon

2018-05-29 2018 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

We are extremely happy with our Era A. We opted for the A with the king in the back and slide-out storage underneath verses the dry bath with the queen in the slide. Drives like a dream (especially compared to our previous DP with steering add-on) with plenty of power and 18 MPG. Had a water pump issue Winnebago covered and a GPS freeze issue that seems to have been fixed by a recall on the Scan Disk (I was told about during this during a software update). Very quick setup and tear-down at the campground.
- Dave, Massachusetts

2018-04-11 2017 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

I bouh my ERA 170X dev 17 and drove 1300 miles. HAs a shake that is'nt resolved even with 2 new front tires. The propane stopped showing 1/2 tank. Hinges failed to keep the upper doors open and were replaced. Many latches pulled out or the doors. The radio wouldn't connect to my phone. The worst is the sofa bed. Makes a great family touring coach but a lousy, down in the middle bed. Reminds me of climbing out of a water bed. The cushions at the foot are higher than the sofa. I bought a gell foam to cover the low sofa and removed the seat cushions at the foot to level the sleeping area. The coach spent most of the year a camping world (10 months) getting repairs and waiting to get authorizations from Winnebago. I actually called and got authorization from W (after waiting 10 months) to get the tires balanced with the road loads. Found two tires out of spec.
- Alan, Oregon

2017-08-08 2018 Winnebago Era 70X View Listings

Bought a 2018 Winnie 70X drove it home parked it in our shop when out two weeks later to get it ready for its maiden voyage and low and behold the interior lighting would not work nor would the couch recline. Called Winnebago customer service was on hold for over 20 minute once the rep came on the line he was no help and instructed me to call dealership. Called they finally got back to me two days later and told me it would be 12 days before they could get the unit in. Next they told me it could be diagnosed in a day but would take up to 10 day for Winnebago to authorize the repair. This is absolutely unbelievable that a company that treats new customers in this manner is still in business. Sent Winnebago a email from their site and guess what NO RESPONSE IKE in CO
- Jim Isenhour, Colorado

2017-07-13 2016 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

I have experienced 2 recalls of my motorhome. First: defective propane hose inside the coach. I found about the leaks when I opened the door and the smell of propane was overwhelming, When I called Winnebago they stated "DIDN'T YOU GET YOUR RECALL NOTICE" (I did notify the NTSB about the lack of notification on a safety recall by Winnebago). I took it to a dealer and had it fixed. Second: (NHTSA17V-262) involves the Radio control module. It is the interface between your radio and the steering (volume,etc) wheel. The fix from Winnebago is to remove the interface. When I questioned Winnebago they said "We will just remove the interface, when I ask what the fix to the interface was they stated that Winnebago is not going to fix the interface just remove the interface module. My steering wheel controls related to the radio will no longer function after the interface is removed. When I asked how can you just remove part of the motorhome that I paid for their statement was "It's not optional equipment so we can just remove it" (I'm glad the engine or transmission doesn't have a problem, I don't think they are optional equipment either. I don't see how a manufacturer can be so calluses as to just remove parts that were paid for and not care about their product,reputation or the consumer. Anyone purchasing a new RV should strongly consider the company's reputation and consumer support. Try to call Winnebago customer service, you will see how they care about the customers (1 to 2 hour wait unless you are calling sales). I will definitely never purchase another Winnebago product or recommend one of their products to anyone.
- Leon E Furman, California

2017-06-25 2012 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

This is the ideal RV. We had two big class A machines, one gas, one diesel, and we got really discouraged having to tow cars, pay big money for fuel and face difficult driving decisions. This unit is truly livable, but compact enough to be handled with no problem by any driver. It fits into a regular parking spot, gets 20 mpg, is completely self contained and is a pleasure to drive. It's the only camper to have.
- Bill Wilson, Florida

2017-06-19 2017 Winnebago Era 70X View Listings

My wife and I both enjoy driving it. You sit higher and can see more scenery when driving. It's strikingly beautiful; we get comments all the time from folks along the road. No complaints about the warranty; it's easy to get an appointment at the local dealer, both Mercedes and Winnebago. We were thinking of just the 2 of us, but find with our 13 grandchildren we'd like to have more space. I bought a Swivelwheel 46 from a manufacturer in TX and had a local welder rig up a 2'x5' Rubbermaid storage box, special holders for our 2 bicycles, and larger swivel casters on the front legs so I can move it around easier when disconnected. That gave us all the extra storage space we needed. You don't even know it's there. The 4 wheel drive is great; we were in a muddy campsite on a steep entrance that we would have been stuck in any other RV. I was surprised by the power of the Turbo Diesel; it is really fast; no kidding, you have really hold back or it will pull ahead of everyone else at a stoplight. Finally it is quick and easy to set up camp! The more we use it the better we like it. But it's too small if we want to include all the kids.
- John Emerling, New York

2017-06-14 2015 Winnebago Era 70X View Listings

RV drives like a car. Easy to get around with. Not something I would want to live in it full time ( some do) but great for weekend trips. Have no problem taking this unit to the grocery store or other shopping.
- Charles Taylor, Tennessee

2017-03-24 2016 Winnebago Era 70C View Listings

2016 Winnebago ERA 70c. 6500 miles. This is our second Class B, the first being a Roadtrek SS Agile. We looked at many of the popular Sprinter based B vans, driving and spending hours debating features. We are over 65 and look for features that make touring and camping easier and more fun. Hands down, the larger more functional dry bath and additional space provided by the slide out made the decision easier. After living with the 70c for a while, we are convinced it was the right decision for us. We are both amazed at the interior room. Most of its systems work well. We've had a few small issues and one larger problem. I'm good at fixing things and went right to work taking care of the small things, adjusting cabinet and drawer latches, adding a paper towel holder, fixed rattling screens, added a soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower, shelf paper in cabinets, repaired nonworking LED light over the sink, precision balanced the tires, removed the long vertical pole near the sliding door, added a slightly larger tv, added a folding cup holder near the couch, bought a 1.5" memory foam topper for the bed (stored in the rear storage area), and bought nice gray mats for the front. The only semi major issue was a sometimes faulty power transfer switch. Our local dealers are mostly clueless so I ordered a new switch ($111.),found where it was hidden behind the circuit breaker box,and replaced it myself. I like a really smooth ride at 72 mph. It seems it's hard to get the dual wheels to balance smoothly. I had our best tire company forgo the stick on weights and use the regular knock on weights. They are finally running smooth. We average around 17.5 mpg. Our best has been 22.4 mpg and worst has been 16 mpg. Our final debate was between the 70a and the 70c. The larger dry bath and extra space was the final decision point. We are not large people, 5' 10" and 5'3", normal weight. The bed is comfortable and resonable for our size. If you are much taller or heavy, the 70a might be a better choice. Good luck and happy RVing.
- Jim Griffin, Alabama

2017-02-22 2017 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

Picked up our 2017 Era in October 2016. Immediately took it on a 200+ mile trip, and the next week on a 1,400 mile trip. Drives like a much smaller vehicle. Good power and gas mileage. We like the chassis. Have MB Sprinter techs & service bays in our home town of Des Moines. Would have preferred better coach build quality control, but like the up-to-date systems. Missed out on the larger 9" Infotainment System, though. Would NOT purchase the accessory wardrobe cabinet again -- very poor quality. Also would prefer positive locking upper cabinet latches. Compared to LTV, Pleasureway, Airstream, Roadtrek adn Hymer. Chose the Era for systems, layout, price and overall value, although Canadian build quality is better. Two people, two Labradors, and we all fit without bloodshed!
- Michael Morse, Iowa

2017-01-09 2012 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

Very easy to drive in tight situations...the heaviest of traffic...especially after adding the air bag and compressor system. It now has a minimum of "rocking" from side wind and uneven surfaces. Removing the two passenger seats and replacing with cabinetry gives us plenty of storage. We will stay with the Sprinter platform in future purchases. Boondocking much more feasible with upgrading the battery and solar charging system.
- Sam Stewart, South Dakota

2016-11-19 2015 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

Drives nice. Easy to get around in. Because of health issues we haven't used it as much as we thought we would. It is the ideal size for traveling,gets about 17 miles per gallon which is far better than the bigger models.
- Joyce Taylor, Tennessee

2016-10-18 2013 Winnebago Era 70A View Listings

This is a fantastic Class B RV for someone that does not want the hassle of a large vehicle. Comfortable for 1 or 2 people, with a great use of space. Very good diesel gas mileage but still has all the needed amenities. Would highly recommend this vehicle.
- Scott , Arizona

2015-06-05 2014 Winnebago Era 170XL View Listings

The diesel sprinter is fun and easy to drive but can feel top heavy and requires attention when driving in windy conditions. I had to de rattle the van at first and adjust or secure various accessories due to sloppy manufacture. Once the bugs are corrected all systems such as the refrigerator , ac and or the generator work great and are the same units used by many other manufacturers . Very roomy B van but also adds to its long 24 ft. Length which can cause some parking issues. A good value for the buck because you still get the dependable Mercedes sprinter chasis.
- John Kent, Arizona

2015-05-28 2012 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

It drives like a dream and gets an honest 20mpg when cruising at 65-70mph...it drops to 17.5 when cruising at 75+. Its comfortable on the road and very easy to drive, park etc. The size is perfect; it can be used like an auto but has space for two to live in comfortably with all of the amenities of home. A little more closet space would be nice--but a luggage rack fits into the trailer hitch and provides extra storage.
- Terry Layne, South Carolina