Winnebago Era Reviews on RV Insider (34)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Era RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Paul Wadley from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

I purchased this unit in Aug 2015. Two days later the generator stopped working. Back to the dealer. Repaired it and two hours later it stopped again. Back to the dealer. Two weeks later the battery/alt light came on. Back to the dealer and MB shop. Melted battery cover due to poor workmanship by Winnebago. Sink fell out of the galley sink. Electrical had to be rewired at the fuse box since Winnebago miss wired it at the factory. 3 LED inside lights failed and had to be replaced. I was never told to load my unit and have the front end realigned. It cost me $750.00 to repair (2 tires and alignment) after only 7700 miles. Called Winnebago after sending them 3 emails (which they never answered). They told me the dealer needs to make all repairs since it left the factory. I love the Sprinter Diesel and it gets over 18 mpg. Cabinet drawer had to be repaired since the factory failed to secure it before shipping. The propane valve was the major problem for the appliances not working properly (generator, stove, furnace and refrigerator). I have never heard of so many issues/problems from a major manufacturer like Winnebago. My unit spent more time at the dealership for repairs the first 7 months than I had it on the road.
- Paul Wadley, California

2020-11-19 2014 Winnebago Era 70A View Listings

Love this RV! It performed great for my family during a 3 month road trip traveling the USA. Really glad we bought it as it was very versatile and was everything we expected in the vehicle. Sorry we have to sell it and let it go.
- Curt Mohney, South Carolina

2020-10-27 2015 Winnebago Era 70X View Listings

I purchased this RV for its versatility. It has all the creature comforts without having to tow anything - but it does have towing capability, should you need it. The fuel mileage is great, it handles inclines and declines beautifully and is easy to drive. For a Class B, it has more than enough storage. It's a good looking rig too - I get a lot of comments on it. Inside, the bed is comfortable and easy to set up. The convection microwave oven, 3 way refrigerator (good freezer), and 2 way hot water heater are a real plus.
- Sue, Florida

2020-10-14 2019 Winnebago Era 70M View Listings

Wanted a small unit with a full bathroom to safely drive to see grandchildren. Purchased November 2019 and was told after I signed the papers that a few things had to be ordered and fixed!!! Has not been fully functional yet. Have replaced stove and now refrigerator. Water pump currently not functioning. Screen had to be fully replaced. Molding was missing at time of purchase! ONE BIG LEMON and Winnebago and dealer not at all helpful. IN process of getting legal advice! UGH! Bought Winnebago cause I thought they would be reliable.
- Sandra Z. Salan, Maryland

2020-07-05 2019 Winnebago Era 70B View Listings

It is a beautiful RV, perfect for couple or single person .. can’t go wrong with this one .. smooth ride .. all the kinks worked out .. great mileage with diesel.. Better than new .. selling due to husbands poor health.
- Jackie , Arizona

2020-07-03 2018 Winnebago Era 70M View Listings

We love our Winnebago Era 70M. The perfect touring coach for 1 or 2 people. So comfortable and easy to drive and park. Such a beautiful looking RV!!! Love all the storage. The refrigerator and freezer work great.Love everything about this RV!!!
- j purcell, Arizona

2020-06-09 2019 Winnebago Era 70M View Listings

The worst experience I have ever encountered with a purchase of this cost. It is a SUB PAR manufactured conversion van. I have had nothing but things falling off, breaking, tracks falling off... the electronics stink ... generator sucks! the murphy bed broke - what else? oh the dealership! ZERO HELP! WINNEBAGO DIRECT - NO HELP!!! BUYER BEWARE!
- gerald rappaport, Florida

2019-10-16 2019 Winnebago Era 70A View Listings

Great mileage and easy to handle. Tow a small trailer to bring along extras including a small mobility scooter. Perfect for two in size and comfort. Love the solar for keeping the batteries up. The refrigerator and freezer works wonders 🤗
- Jerry Fenske, Virginia

2019-10-13 2019 Winnebago ERA 70A View Listings

A year and 20,000 miles of living in my ERA, I still love it. Winnebago has been awesome to work with for the few problems I have had, such as drawers needing fixing and cabinets being realigned, screen door being replaced. Mercedes chassis no problems, drives like a dream with lots of uphill power. I can park in parking spaces anywhere and able to stealth overnight park, just about anywhere. Four-wheel drive is limited but it has got me out of muddy and ruddy situations.
- Sharon Twarry, California

2019-06-22 2014 Winnebago Era 170C View Listings

We have taken two trips in the east with this van and had no problems after we learned the systems. We are currently on a tour around the country and enjoying a very comfortable ride. The driving is easy and the kitchen and bath are all working very well.
- Gunnar Baldwin, New Hampshire

2019-05-31 2018 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

Owned the 170A for 9 months after buying new. Very sensitive to type of diesel fuel and def used. 3rd trip out broke down on highway and cost 12K to repair. Limited dealer support for Sprinter chassis. Can’t just get it repaired at any Mercedes dealer. Constant things falling apart like cabinet holding sound system, table holders under twin beds, glass fell from over sink. Sliding screen door has square corners but van frame is curved leaving 2 in gap for bugs. Power issues with breakers tripping for no reason under passenger seat. We took a huge loss after only nine months but it took all the fun out of our retirement plans.
- Don, Texas

2019-03-06 2012 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

The great attraction of owning an Winnebago ERA is the fact that Winnebago built this totally self contained unit on a Mercedes Benz chassis platform / diesel engine that drives like a car and very easy to park with wonderful fuel efficiency ( 15 in city and 18 on hwy). Winnebago designed the inside with upscaled features that gave all the comforts of home. It offers the convenience of both short and long trips including sporting events and for that matter another to drive around locally. The ERA has served us very well.
- Ronald Aljoe, Texas

2019-02-17 2015 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

The Mercedes part is very high quality and we are getting 22 to 25 mpg. The Winnebago part is poorly constructed cheap materials along with poor assembly. Many screws are not attached to any thing and most of the time along a trip we find screws from some where on the floor. There are a few other assembly issues but nothing major it’s surprising for the cost the quality is not there. This seems to be common in the RV world
- Mike Rutkowski, Colorado

2019-02-01 2016 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

We love this. Sometimes wish it had more aisle space or dry bath. But SO easy to drive, good speed and mileage (17-18). Goes almost anywhere easily, don’t need to tow. A few minor issues in the beginning that were fixed under warranty or we fixed. Put in a cabinet in place of one chair to add clothing storage which makes a big difference. 2 adults, 2 small dogs. Have used it for weeklong trips or 3 months.
- Dave, Wisconsin

2019-01-19 2014 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

Having driven 40' diesel pushers, smaller class C gassers, and pulling a few towables, the sprinter-based RVs are by far the easiest and most comfortable to maneuver around town and flying down the highway. The tradeoff with the comfortable cruise is obviously the living space - which can feel small, especially if it's raining outside. It has what you need to cook, eat, and sleep comfortably just about anywhere - but plan your trips for enjoying the outdoors, and not just hanging out in the RV.
- Anders, California

2019-01-06 2014 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

We hauled a cam am Spyder motor cycle in the garage to complete our Route 66 trips.Garage was nice during rainy weather esp with dogs cause we could enter garage and keep the living area much cleaner. When daughter and grandson traveled with us they had their own bedroom with TV, radio, AC, and door. Plenty of sleeping spots available. Dinette large enough to play cards with 4 people and dining too. When just an overnight stay - didn't put out the slide and yet the large TV slides out for full view. Access to all with slide in- refrig, bathroom, sinks, food, etc.
- Bonnie, Texas

2018-12-30 2017 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

Love the coach and especially the quality of MBZ sprinter. That’s about it. This is the worst quality RV we have ever owned. Having owned 3 Airstream trailers with little to no issues and now having this is a sheer disappointment. From the moment we got this coach it has given us problems. From the control panel malfunctioning to the pressure regulator on the propane tank to a useless heating and boiler system to 4 inoperable window blinds to a non functioning macerator pump (in winter it froze solid). Do NOT take this coach out in the winter. You will be freezing and will have pipes all freeze since Winnebago decides to put the majority of the pipes outside the coach. We also had to replace the lever on the awning as it cracked off the first time we used the awning. The screen door can not be moved by anyone other than me as it falls out of the tracks. Winnebago is useless. Absolutely useless. We tried numerous times to get a hold of anyone to help and answer warranty issues. They are rude and useless. I will say that that did reimburse my out of pocket expenses since the waiting time to get my coach in was 9 months in Southern California. Again if all was functioning this would be a great coach. But it’s not. It’s a fair weather RV that I will never take in the winter. It’s for spring and summer usage only. Too much money for all the problems. and Winnebago is a useless company to deal with. They are more concerned with sales and less concerned about keeping the consumer happy.
- Nathan C, California

2018-09-02 2018 Winnebago Era 70A View Listings

Solid on the road...smooth drive. Great bed space for up to 3 people, nice to have room to have a guest. Smart design giving access to under bed storage from inside RV too. Comfy seats for long drives. Lots of cabinets and a wardrobe closet. Like the freezer on the bottom of the fridge rather than the top. Pretty and sharp interior design.
- Shellee Rae, Oregon

2018-05-29 2018 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

We are extremely happy with our Era A. We opted for the A with the king in the back and slide-out storage underneath verses the dry bath with the queen in the slide. Drives like a dream (especially compared to our previous DP with steering add-on) with plenty of power and 18 MPG. Had a water pump issue Winnebago covered and a GPS freeze issue that seems to have been fixed by a recall on the Scan Disk (I was told about during this during a software update). Very quick setup and tear-down at the campground.
- Dave, Massachusetts

2018-04-11 2017 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

I bouh my ERA 170X dev 17 and drove 1300 miles. HAs a shake that is'nt resolved even with 2 new front tires. The propane stopped showing 1/2 tank. Hinges failed to keep the upper doors open and were replaced. Many latches pulled out or the doors. The radio wouldn't connect to my phone. The worst is the sofa bed. Makes a great family touring coach but a lousy, down in the middle bed. Reminds me of climbing out of a water bed. The cushions at the foot are higher than the sofa. I bought a gell foam to cover the low sofa and removed the seat cushions at the foot to level the sleeping area. The coach spent most of the year a camping world (10 months) getting repairs and waiting to get authorizations from Winnebago. I actually called and got authorization from W (after waiting 10 months) to get the tires balanced with the road loads. Found two tires out of spec.
- Alan, Oregon

2017-08-08 2018 Winnebago Era 70X View Listings

Bought a 2018 Winnie 70X drove it home parked it in our shop when out two weeks later to get it ready for its maiden voyage and low and behold the interior lighting would not work nor would the couch recline. Called Winnebago customer service was on hold for over 20 minute once the rep came on the line he was no help and instructed me to call dealership. Called they finally got back to me two days later and told me it would be 12 days before they could get the unit in. Next they told me it could be diagnosed in a day but would take up to 10 day for Winnebago to authorize the repair. This is absolutely unbelievable that a company that treats new customers in this manner is still in business. Sent Winnebago a email from their site and guess what NO RESPONSE IKE in CO
- Jim Isenhour, Colorado

2017-07-13 2016 Winnebago Era 170A View Listings

I have experienced 2 recalls of my motorhome. First: defective propane hose inside the coach. I found about the leaks when I opened the door and the smell of propane was overwhelming, When I called Winnebago they stated "DIDN'T YOU GET YOUR RECALL NOTICE" (I did notify the NTSB about the lack of notification on a safety recall by Winnebago). I took it to a dealer and had it fixed. Second: (NHTSA17V-262) involves the Radio control module. It is the interface between your radio and the steering (volume,etc) wheel. The fix from Winnebago is to remove the interface. When I questioned Winnebago they said "We will just remove the interface, when I ask what the fix to the interface was they stated that Winnebago is not going to fix the interface just remove the interface module. My steering wheel controls related to the radio will no longer function after the interface is removed. When I asked how can you just remove part of the motorhome that I paid for their statement was "It's not optional equipment so we can just remove it" (I'm glad the engine or transmission doesn't have a problem, I don't think they are optional equipment either. I don't see how a manufacturer can be so calluses as to just remove parts that were paid for and not care about their product,reputation or the consumer. Anyone purchasing a new RV should strongly consider the company's reputation and consumer support. Try to call Winnebago customer service, you will see how they care about the customers (1 to 2 hour wait unless you are calling sales). I will definitely never purchase another Winnebago product or recommend one of their products to anyone.
- Leon E Furman, California

2017-06-25 2012 Winnebago Era 170X View Listings

This is the ideal RV. We had two big class A machines, one gas, one diesel, and we got really discouraged having to tow cars, pay big money for fuel and face difficult driving decisions. This unit is truly livable, but compact enough to be handled with no problem by any driver. It fits into a regular parking spot, gets 20 mpg, is completely self contained and is a pleasure to drive. It's the only camper to have.
- Bill Wilson, Florida

2017-06-19 2017 Winnebago Era 70X View Listings

My wife and I both enjoy driving it. You sit higher and can see more scenery when driving. It's strikingly beautiful; we get comments all the time from folks along the road. No complaints about the warranty; it's easy to get an appointment at the local dealer, both Mercedes and Winnebago. We were thinking of just the 2 of us, but find with our 13 grandchildren we'd like to have more space. I bought a Swivelwheel 46 from a manufacturer in TX and had a local welder rig up a 2'x5' Rubbermaid storage box, special holders for our 2 bicycles, and larger swivel casters on the front legs so I can move it around easier when disconnected. That gave us all the extra storage space we needed. You don't even know it's there. The 4 wheel drive is great; we were in a muddy campsite on a steep entrance that we would have been stuck in any other RV. I was surprised by the power of the Turbo Diesel; it is really fast; no kidding, you have really hold back or it will pull ahead of everyone else at a stoplight. Finally it is quick and easy to set up camp! The more we use it the better we like it. But it's too small if we want to include all the kids.
- John Emerling, New York

2017-06-14 2015 Winnebago Era 70X View Listings

RV drives like a car. Easy to get around with. Not something I would want to live in it full time ( some do) but great for weekend trips. Have no problem taking this unit to the grocery store or other shopping.
- Charles Taylor, Tennessee