Winnebago Class A - Gas

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

BJ from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Winnebago Adventurer 32D View Listings

I purchased a 2016 Winnebago Adventurer and had nothing but problems with it. I only had use of it 17 days in the first 90 days, the rest of the time was in the shop. Problems to name just a few... Steering was lose (wandered all over road, unsafe) Wing Window @ desk (fell out) Severe water Leak @ kitchen sink, flooded coach under drawers soaked and sub floor Valve fresh @ water intake (failed) Water blew out fresh water intake Entry Door (failed) Lounge & Bedroom lights (failed) Fluid Leak (brake, power steering) Awning (wouldn’t open fully) Fresh Water Tank (valve stuck open) Solar Shade (continually loses settings) Dining Table (damaged) Drawer Pulls (mismatched) Wiper Blades fell off (plastic snapped on use) Panel behind bedroom door (not fully attached) Mirror cameras were switched Leak in vents Shades behind couch won’t roll up I had enough and complained to Winnebago, their response "we pay the dealer to fix these things" When I asked about the supposed 135 point inspection before leaving the factory and how they could not find some of these issues-silence. I told them it was a lemon and they needed to take it back, no go wouldn't even consider it. Ended up trading it in and getting a 5th wheel. Once you buy it they don't care pure and simple and reasonable person would admit it was a lemon.
- BJ, Oregon

2021-07-15 2016 Winnebago Sightseer 36Z View Listings

This is the best layed out motorhome I have owned!!! This is my fith motor home I've had a diesel pusher before this. Went back to gas... I am so glad to not worry about all the systems on a pusher. It drives very well easy to operate.... Home run Winnebago
- George Washington Stark, Florida

2021-07-10 2012 Winnebago Vista 35F View Listings

I have owned this RV for ten years and my wife and I have enjoyed using it for trips to Colorado and to Georgia from our home near Houston. It is well equipped and very comfortable. It drives well and handles mountain passes adequately. It is roomy on the inside and the kitchen has everything you need. The back bedroom provides comfort and privacy and the sofa pulls out to a full size bed and the kitchen table converts to a kid's bed. The entire RV is well designed and well made. The Ford chassis is excellent.
- Robert Bishop, Texas

2021-07-09 2008 Winnebago Vista 32K View Listings

Great RV. Easy to drive and set up. Slide outs make it roomy. Only draw back is shower is a little tight because I’m 6’6 and 300 lbs. Everyone else’ finds it great. Automatic leveler is the best invention since sliced bread
- Michael, New York

2021-06-30 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R View Listings

Brought a used winnebago sightseer 29R and drove it 7,000 miles going southwest to east coast and back home to Nevada. It handled like a dream. Good in all campsites. Towed a scooter on the back. Lots of space for up to six people. Tons of storage. This was an overall great buy for us and a great motorhome on the road. Gas mileage was good also.
- Christopher J Covington, Nevada

2021-06-26 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 38J View Listings

Our salesman Alex Minor is truly one of a kind! This is our second purchase with Alex. He is knowledgeable, kind, and patient. I recommend him to anyone who plans to buy. He is available whenever we need to ask a question. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Lindsay Gaines, Florida

2021-06-26 2016 Winnebago Adventure 37F View Listings

We have owned 4 motorhomes over past 15 years. Diesel and gas. This Winnebago Adventurer 37F is without question the best. It is quiet, aggressive and responsive. Great cruise control, towing and stable. A joy to live in for winter season and summer beach trips. The Summo Springs make the coach ride like a diesel. Very roomy with full slide and 2 additional slides in living room and bedroom.
- Fred Lane, Pennsylvania

2021-06-20 1998 Winnebago Adventurer 32WQ View Listings

RV may be older than most on the road, but it has been well cared for and maintained. Drives and tows very well. We towed our Harley when we went on camping trips. levelers are a great feature along with the solar panels - keeps the lights on without electric or generator power.
- Lee Hull, Arizona

2021-06-18 2014 Winnebago Vista WFE26HE View Listings

This is a very livable RV and easy to drive. It goes easily in one parker spot and in any national park campsite. The RV has a V10 engine. It is incredibly powerful. The turning radius is way above excellent.
- Jennifer Wilkinson, North Carolina

2021-06-08 2009 Winnebago Adventurer 32H View Listings

WE liked the fact that it had very few miles on it and that it had been cared for in a well manner. It is also in our price range. The Winnabago product is a quality RV. We also liked the fact that there is some flexibility in the pricing. WE were also looking for a gas option as opposed to a diesel.
- Cris, New Mexico

2021-05-24 1996 Winnebago Adventurer 34RQ View Listings

My family had a lot of fun times in this RV, we used it to go camping, fishing and boating. It was great for family road trips. It has plenty of room and we were all comfortable while on the road and once we reached our destination. We mainly used it for tailgating at the Bronco games, which was perfect for the amount of people we would have.
- Chadwick Heinley, Colorado

2021-05-21 2016 Winnebago Sightseer 36Z View Listings

Have owned this unit since 2016 new. We searched for several years prior to the purchase and have been very pleased with our decision. Never had any issues. Love the floor plan. Traveled out west twice and once up the east coast to Maine all the while pulling a 2016 GMC Terrain. Again never had an issue.
- EJ Caddell, Florida

2021-05-13 2013 Winnebago Vista 30T View Listings

I traded up from a Thor ACE to the Winnebago because of quality. Because of my work locations I ended up living the Rig for about a year. I was extremely happy with the little things the Thor didn't have. First the padded interior roof. Plus the larger living area TV which I used a computer monitor at times. One big item the Winnebago has is a fiberglass roof not the rubber roof membrane. All in all the Winnebago served me well. All RVs need to be maintained, I had two large items, the AC unit was replaced, as well as the motorized step. Both were under warranty and not manufactured by Winnebago. If I were to purchase another RV it would be manufactured by Winnebago.
- ED, South Carolina

2021-05-12 1996 Winnebago Adventurer 34RQ View Listings

This is a great RV. My family had a few road trips in it, and there were no issues with space or comfort. It was perfect for tailgating at the Broncos games. Camping and boating trips were great, this RV is the perfect value for the avid camper or traveler.
- Chadwick Heinley, Colorado

2021-05-07 2019 Winnebago Intent 26M View Listings

Great RV. Just the right size! This rig is perfect for 2-4 people. The outdoor kitchen is amazing. It fits easily across 2 parking spots and maneuvers easily through traffic or on the interstate. Buy it!
- Lin Wolf, Florida

2021-05-06 2003 Winnebago Brave 32V View Listings

Loved the layout, was not planning on selling had everything repaired this motorhome is set to travel, everything works as it should. Has plenty of power, generator is nice when you don’t have electrical. I don’t believe you can find a motorhome this old and have everything working like new!
- John Gore, Iowa

2021-04-19 2018 Winnebago Intent 26M View Listings

Motorhome is good only issue is it won't start, can't figure out why, drives good i had a front end alignment, àc is cold, dinette a little small, having swivel chairs helps, mattress isn't really a comfortable place to put your body, a piece of foam helps
- Steve, California

2021-03-26 2013 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

What a dream! This is our third Class A and we could not be more pleased. First livability, the floorplan is highlighted by the opposing slides which gives you a true living room feel. Wide, bright and cozy. The hidden TV on a true wood cabinet is a delight. The bed is comfortable, the bath is roomy, the double door frig is big enough, the galley has a chef in mind. The driving is GREAT! It is strong and safe. (we just drove 100 miles at speed limit through gusty winds without ever feeling afraid). Our bins are never full and we have all the "goodies" I could go on but space here prohibits the pleasures we have enjoyed in our coach. We were full time for about three months and truly I never missed living in a house!
- cactus5225, California

2021-02-27 2017 Winnebago Sunstar LX 35F View Listings

2017 made the big mistake buying the 2017 winneabago sunstar lx very pretty very defective 2 trips 2017 had over 22 repairs including a cracking roof winneabago refused to replace to this day this tv has been in the shop more then vacation i regret trading in my jayco huge mistake winneabago customer service so unprofessional and nasty this unit should of been taken back under the lemmon law i can not afford to sell or trade it in i would still be paying the loan. 2 yrs ago the windshield cracked my insurance paid for the replacement no impaction just cracked now again windshield cracked same spot again the hood keeps braking off the hinge has been repaired 3 times i have a list of repairs on pissed off consumer i cant take it anymore just went to maine to see my son he had to help me get the slid out back in this is one of my complaints in 2017 winneabago said the metal shavings on the floor were normal i neve seen this before stay away from the 2017 winneabago sunstar lx all repurposed parts i have the list of repair receipts i can wall paper a room with out of pocket money gas tolls work rent car carriers to drop off for repairs i use to enjoy rv
- Dorothy Knight, New York

2021-02-24 2019 Winnebago Intent 26M View Listings

We have traveled 19k miles in our Intent and are mostly happy with it. Anyone who buys an RV Motorhome that thinks they should drive like a car and live like your home are going to be unhappy (Read the reviews). Workmanship is okay but finish is missing. Missing screws, superfluous junk, bad fit all come with these units but a few hours of touching up will make it right. The only handling mod I made was Sumo shocks in front and the cheap handling fix, in front. Improved handling 90% ...it’s still a big square box that doesn’t weigh much so drafts from trucks will always be an influence. I bought ours at General RV in Ocala and will never take it back. They are lost when it comes to scheduling, repair, or customer service. The salesman was a straight up guy that told me no tales. We find our Intent to be comfortable in both heat and cold. We have had it in the desert and in the mountains and are always satisfied. Winnebago does not back up it’s product, nor does General RV so if you can’t fixit yourself buy an expensive one right up front cuz you will spend the money anyhow. We tow a Jeep Wrangler and, other than seeing it on the dash screen, we don’t even know it’s there. I get 7-8 MPG and don’t see that improving. I usually run 65 - 70 MPH. I let the automatic tranny figure out what gear works best and don’t mind the engine running at 4500 RPM when I’m hauling up a big hill ... it’s supposed to do that. I lined the dog house with a hood lining kit, installed a padded work mat throughout the passenger side, and put sound absorbing pads throughout the bottom of the cab ... SIGNIFICANT noise reduction. I ran a gas hookup to the living side to run my grill from ... don’t like hauling a tank back and forth every night. Lastly, although my tummy dose not arrive a long time before I do I did find the eating area close. I took the back cushions in and had 2” Firm foam put in to replace the 4” foam ... gave me two more inches of room on each side.
- Bill, Florida

2021-01-17 2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q View Listings

These have one of the best Floorplan of any RV I have owned. The bedroom could be bigger, but it is very private. The Trition V10 is very powerful but doesn't get very good mileage...all in all it was one of the best RV's I have everowned
- Gary Paulsen, California

2021-01-16 2017 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

This Winnebago model was just right for a weekend trip or several months of travel/sightseeing. All the comforts of home with amazing storage. Now that is saying something as I am 6' 7". The vehicle handled great and that included towing a Mini Cooper. Turning radius was fantastic and the ride smooth. It even became smoother when I added an airbag shock system. In addition, the outside kitchen area was so practical and used every trip. With 3 TV's relaxation, movie or sporting events were always available. There are many more bonuses to add but I think you get the picture. Oh, just incase, storage outside compartments are super and easily accessible. The 2017 Winnebago Vista 29 VE is a great unit!
- Jeff Cable, Florida

2021-01-03 2016 Winnebago Adventure 37F View Listings

Absolutely love it! We traded in a 2017 Thor Synergy TT24 class C that was nothing but trouble, and the Winnebago has been a wonderful surprise (well, I will admit the Thor had much better gas mileage). The heating is very different. The whole coach was toasty, even the floors, with no hot spots like in the Thor. I love the huge black and gray tanks on the Adventurer, along with the dual bathrooms. Seems like we were dumping the Thor every day. Obviously, going from a C to an A class has many pros and cons. More space, washer and dryer, residential fridge, etc. but less maneuverability and higher fuel costs. Still, I'm SO happy we made the trade!
- Lisa, Georgia

2020-11-27 2007 Winnebago Voyage 35A View Listings

The RV is great. Unfortunately my last 2 have been 40 foot diesels and my wife refuses to like the smaller gas rig. The Workhorse has plenty of power (I tow a Chevy Equinox) and runs great with only 33,000 miles.
- Jim Happ, Arizona

2020-11-24 2017 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

We upgraded to the Winnebago Sightseer when we decided to go full time. The Sightseer has been an outstanding RV. We bought it because it met all our needs and our expectations. It handles very well either under tow our on its own. We removed the original seating Which we found extremely uncomfortable and replaced it with 2 Lazy Boy recliners. We have also removed the recliners which will allow the new owners to select their preferred seating. We also added a king size bed. We are selling the Sightseer due to health reasons. The quality of the Sightseer has been exceptional and we have had very few maintenance issue. We installed an 18 CF GE residential refrigerator last year which made a great difference in the quantity of food and keeping refrigerated food at proper temperature. We have done our best to take very good care of RV. Being it was our home it became a necessity.
- Danny Goodpaster, North Carolina