Winnebago Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (238)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

BJ from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Winnebago Adventurer 32D View Listings

I purchased a 2016 Winnebago Adventurer and had nothing but problems with it. I only had use of it 17 days in the first 90 days, the rest of the time was in the shop. Problems to name just a few... Steering was lose (wandered all over road, unsafe) Wing Window @ desk (fell out) Severe water Leak @ kitchen sink, flooded coach under drawers soaked and sub floor Valve fresh @ water intake (failed) Water blew out fresh water intake Entry Door (failed) Lounge & Bedroom lights (failed) Fluid Leak (brake, power steering) Awning (wouldn’t open fully) Fresh Water Tank (valve stuck open) Solar Shade (continually loses settings) Dining Table (damaged) Drawer Pulls (mismatched) Wiper Blades fell off (plastic snapped on use) Panel behind bedroom door (not fully attached) Mirror cameras were switched Leak in vents Shades behind couch won’t roll up I had enough and complained to Winnebago, their response "we pay the dealer to fix these things" When I asked about the supposed 135 point inspection before leaving the factory and how they could not find some of these issues-silence. I told them it was a lemon and they needed to take it back, no go wouldn't even consider it. Ended up trading it in and getting a 5th wheel. Once you buy it they don't care pure and simple and reasonable person would admit it was a lemon.
- BJ, Oregon

2020-09-11 2016 Winnebago Sightseer 35G View Listings

Love this unit, floor plan, convenience, overall design and functionality is extremely appealing.Winnebago has presented a product and price point that more than competes with more expensive coaches of this size!!
- Robert Ouellette, Florida

2020-08-30 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I used to hold Winnebagos in high regard, but no more! I worked hard all my life and dreamed of retirement and motor home enjoyment for many years, but I have been sorely disappointed with this make and model!!! First off, the alignment was terrible; my husband could not believe it was possible to drive it from the factory to Texas in that condition. Had it aligned (I was told it required wedges to correct). Had to literally fight with dealership to pay for the repair, as they said that was not a warranty issue. Next we experienced issues with side compartment doors popping open as we drove; noted by the dealership, but no fix offered. Side entry door closes extremely hard; must be slammed shut most of the time. Dealership acknowledged this door was problematic, but offered no solution. After several months, we noticed that the back wall was separating from the unit. Took it to the dealership and was told that after checking with Winnebago that they should just screw it back in place.....WHAT??? I was dumbfounded, so I called Winnebago, and indeed that was their solution. We asked for an extended warranty, and was told they would put a note in our file-gee thanks. While waiting to get the wall fixed, the generator went out after only 3 hours of use. Unit is now at dealership to be repaired, and we just got a text that we need a new back wall; maybe several months before that can happen. Overall material used in unit is vinyl and tape. My retirement dream has been so painful; do yourself a favor and stay far away from this make and model!
- Patricia Zimmerman, Texas

2020-08-29 2018 Winnebago Vista 27PE View Listings

After a disappointing experience with a 2015 (new) View, we're very happy with this rig. It has a reliable albeit slightly loud Triton engine, always starts (including through the Rockies winters), no issues with slides, leaks, or pumps. LOVE the power bed -- much more comfortable for adults than those cab-over bunks. Winnebago should update the styling --the mustard yellow and dark wood circa 1950 theme is VERY tired (but we're going to paint it, so that's fine). The couch is uncomfortable, we'll be ripping it out and replacing it with recliners, and painting the inside a brighter color. Other than that, very happy at 15,000 miles in.
- Don, Colorado

2020-08-21 2013 Winnebago Vista 35F View Listings

The Winnebago Vista 35F is an excellent value, combining quality components, versatility, and functionality at a reasonable price point compared to its competition. Besides offering all the usual amenities, it has exceptional storage capability for living or travel. Quality wood cabinets in the cabin and many large storage compartments underneath allow you to logically sort, separate and stow your gear, clothes and bath items. It is very comfortable and convenient for 1, 2 or even 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 kids. More would be pushing it even though they claim it sleeps 6. It has a separate powder room or half bath for guests who don’t have to share the Master Bathroom for anything other than the shower. Tall people will appreciate the headroom in that large shower, btw. The outdoor entertainment system (TV and stereo system) is an added plus for living room-like viewing under the stars. All in all, I would consider the unit to be an excellent entry level Motorhome that most people would not feel the need to upgrade. Truthfully, I couldn’t submit this review without filling out all 5 rating star fields, and the last one about the factory warranty/support I averaged, because I never had to call them so I have no real idea.
- Curt Trainer, Tennessee

2020-08-19 2013 Winnebago Vista 26HE View Listings

Very comfortable captain seats for driving distances. Size allows for easy parking anywhere. Just stop and go the bed. Easiest to winterize of any RV I have owned. With the very dependable generator, the puppy is safe to leave in any conditions as we check out an attraction that does not allow pets. Hate to sell but circumstances say it's time. Convenience and the ultimate in comfort whatever the location or weather. Take care of my baby....ENJOY!
- Rocky L. Brookmole, Texas

2020-08-18 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 37B View Listings

This RV has been awesome for our family of 8. We continue to RV in this unit even though three of our children don't camp with us anymore. It is such a dream to drive and easy to maneuver. Storage if everywhere and the unit is high quality. General upkeep has been the only issue such as tires, oil changes, etc. Awesome unit and many fantastic family hours spent on the road and fireside.
- David Agnew, West Virginia

2020-08-12 2004 Winnebago Brave 30W View Listings

A great RV in a small package. These years of Winnebago were very over-built with regard to not only structural integrity, but smart design and easy to use features. Winnebago's classic "interlocking" wall-to-roof design holds up for years. The fiberglass roof is more impervious to years of sun, wind, and rain (sometimes snow). Mine is on the Workhorse chassis and is great to drive, taking corners with ease and a great power to weight ratio when towing a car. The 30W makes the most out of the space given with 2 slides and very decent under bay storage. Corian countertops, solid wood cabinetry, and the vinyl plank flooring all hold up wonderful over time. I love this coach and especially these years of Winnebago. It's hard to match this quality today. When you find a good one in these years, keep it, it will treat you well.
- Chris, Oregon

2020-08-07 2015 Winnebago Vista 35B View Listings

This RV is top of the line and sleeps up to 8 people. The optional overhead bed, however, gave us some problems (getting off track, stuck in the down position). The 3 slides provide a lot of extra living space and the double refrigerator comes in handy. Having 1.5 baths is a super convenience, too. I would recommend this Vista 35B to a family who wants all the comforts of home when on the road.
- Connie Campbell, Texas

2020-08-02 2014 Winnebago Vista 30T View Listings

I have owned this Motorhome since 2015.The only 2 items that were repaired were the slide motor on one of the 3 slides and the hydraulic pump motor on the leveling jacks. These were replaced in 2019 and were covered under an extended warranty. I love this motorhome, drives and handles like a cadilac.
- James Wills, North Carolina

2020-07-30 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

Warning people!! A terrible customer service. 0 levels of quality built . Now the bought newmar to make it more junk certified Please do yourself a favor Buy rolls Roy’s / Porsche or Lamborghini will be better and cheaper with 5 stars hotel !!
- Dr ron , Delaware

2020-07-23 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I cannot recommend this RV enough. The wall slide makes the RV spacious but I love the fact that you do not have to put the slide out in order to go to bed and no functionality is lost (kitchen, bath) if not out. Actually had a situation where we could not put it out for the night, no big deal. The storage is outstanding. We packed for a month long trip and still had storage room available. The size is perfect - not too big, not too little - for easy drivability and greater choices of campsites. The living space is arranged "conversationally". On our month long trip we met up with family - and a rain storm. Seven people sitting comfortably for conversation - no one sitting in a "line" as when the couch is on the same side and in line with the dinette. The table being across from the dinette easily expands the kitchen space if needed for dry dishes, etc. It's the little things - like the cubby by the door under the dinette - so great for making shoes and the dog leash handy. Outlets/USB on both sides of the bed and by the dinette. The TV is excellently placed, only 1 side of the dinette cannot see. We've had no mechanical issues in the 2 years we have had the RV - everything works! I wasn't sure about having an outdoor kitchen but we've used it every time we've taken the RV....and bonus...husband cooks. It moves uphill just fine although we pull a Jeep Cherokee so as expected slows us down a bit. This motorhome does everything we need it to do without being too small.
- Debi Capuchino, California

2020-07-14 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

biggest lemon ever bought Cherokee alpha wolf bought new can,t stay in it because if turn on air and frig same time main power shuts down. turned on water and leak in shower wall.suppose to be antenna guess what none. many more things but no body seems to give a dam. contacted couple of people and the only answer we get is fix it. oh yes gander rv we bought it from has gone bankrupt seems no one else has to help. company should at this point be willing to fix or exchange for a new one instead we get no help at all from company.lots of brands out there buy one of those not this lemon.
- ralph grundeman, Wisconsin

2020-07-03 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 30Y View Listings

Many years of enjoyment, this vehicle has far exceeded our expections. The floor plan is so livable, but it is very compact and easy to drive an maneuver. Very glad we stepped up to the features of the Adventurer, as they have proven to be well worth the cost over time
- johno, California

2020-06-23 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

Purchased the Vista new have had nothing but problems it leaks when it rains refrigerator will not switch to propane drivers seat swivel keeps breaking keeps poping breakers so no power to outlets entry door does not close properly now a new door has been ordered, this motorhome has been in the shop more than I have been able to use it and I am fed up next move get attorney and file under lemon law, now the transmission is leaking what a nightmare
- Joe Silva, California

2020-06-22 2013 Winnebago Vista 26HE View Listings

This was my first RV, and I love this thing! I am 5’2”, and as a small woman, I had no trouble handling this road warrior. Easy to handle on the highways and on the back roads. Plenty of room, I love to separate shower stall. Wonderful kitchen.
- Sharon, Pennsylvania

2020-06-22 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 38J View Listings

We spent many years in our Winnie and had very minor problems. We did have to get several windows defogged but that was about it. I did the driving and it was very easy to handle and maneuver. Loved the interior and exterior. A beautiful RV.
- Jan Kottyan, Ohio

2020-06-22 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V View Listings

Winnebago’s Adventurer is a mobile home designed and engineered for long term family vacations from Forrest to mountains to deserts. It combines versatility with high end finishes. I’ve owned mine for 18 years and have had minimal problems-all of which were fixable in short order. The V-10 Ford is a solid tow vehicle with an engine that does not overheat on steep grades towing boat or trailer. Sleeps 5 comfortably. Restroom functional and comfortable. 3 burner stove and oven complemented by convection oven. Kitchen well laid out with expandable corrian counter space & water filter. Winnebago builds the best RV for the price- which is why the resale market has limited inventory and strong pricing. Winnebagos travel club is a cast of characters.
- Jeff Sparks , California

2020-06-19 1995 Winnebago Adventurer 34RQ View Listings

Just bought a 1995 Winnebago adventurer has 50,000 miles it has the 454 chevy engine, got it home and it won't start, will crank. replaced plugs points, MCU, map sensor, ignition coil, fuel filter. has anybody had this problem? if so what did you do to correct it?
- Dennis Fuller, Georgia

2020-06-17 2018 Winnebago Sunstar 27PE View Listings

We moved from a small Forest River C into this small Winnebago A last year. We couldn't be happier with our choice. This RV has a great floor plan, with a couch facing the dinette; the very comfortable cabin chairs turn to complete the living area. For sleeping, there's the huge king-sized bed or the Euroloft drop down bed. The dinette and couch also turn into beds for a total of 7 sleeping spots. The bathroom features a large shower and plenty of storage, including a corner medicine cabinet, a vanity, and a bonus drawer in the side wall. For entertainment, there's a TV over the dinette, a tv in the bedroom, and an exterior TV for watching under the awning. For meals, there is a large fridge, an oven and a microwave. Storage is a huge strength for this RV. The class A means a lot of basement storage. The interior matches that generosity of space by including storage in drawers under the bed, a closet with two drawers below in the bedroom, and cabinets overhead all along the ceiling. The difference in quality between a Winnebago and the others is pretty obvious. In the year we've had it, we've been very pleased at the lack of little annoying issues. If I were in charge of designing these RV's, I would add more counter space and widen the pantry cabinets. I also wonder why we have to plug into the generator when we need to use it. But those complaints pale when compared to the impressive quality and the wonderful floorplan.
- Kirsten Zelenky , Arizona

2020-05-21 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J View Listings

Horrible service can't get repairs made. Ours hasn't been able to use for 2 years. We have paid thousands of dollars for repairs but continues to go to the shop. Has been 6 months this time. Can't trade. They are overpriced and not good quality.
- Sharon Gilbert, Florida

2020-05-21 2015 Winnebago Sightseer 35G View Listings

We have a 2007 Winnebago that we bought from Camping World. We have not been able to use it in 2 years because it seems that it cannot be repaired. We have paid thousands of dollars only to have it sit in repair shop after repair shop. I contacted Winnebago who basically blew me off and said not their problem. I called Ford who transferred me until I reach a non working number. This has to be the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. And don't even get me started on Camping World. We were td today that there is a part that had a recall on it from before we bought it that was never handled. I can't believe all these companies care about is the sale. No way to trade it and about to do a voluntary repo just to get out of it. Don't buy from Camping World and don't buy any Ford or Winnebago product. You will certainly be sorry. Rude and nasty people at all 3 places.
- Sharon Gilbert, Florida

2020-05-20 2016 Winnebago Sunstar LX 27N View Listings

This motorhome is up to date and was extremely well taken care of. I really appreciated the closet space...a very large garment closet that holds all the clothes a girl could want! A 6 drawer dresser plus the bed also easily raises up with tons of storage under. I really liked the updated look of the interior and the kitchen had plenty of storage for anything needed for gourmet cooking. As for under the hood all I can say is... IT'S VERY CLEAN!
- Regina, Arizona

2020-05-12 2018 Winnebago Intent 26M View Listings

Ride immediately needed improvement and have invested $4500 in doing so. Have enjoyed it and love our first experience at RVing. Exterior quality is very good and have had no problems for most part..,very minor improvements
- Bill Feit, California

2020-05-12 2004 Winnebago Brave 32V View Listings

Bought a used 2004 32V Brave, Workhorse chassis. Engine has way more power than the Ford V10 and the Allison transmission shifts smoothly and doesn't rev as much as the Ford. Build quality is very good compared to other RV's we've owned. Cabinets are well made and don't squeak, solid oak and sturdy. Great support network from Winnebago and you can get complete wiring & plumbing files online. A huge help when making repairs. Previous owners installed a Banks exhaust, front and rear stabilizers. Drives super smooth with those features. Dashboard tilts up so it makes wiring new electronics easy. Tons of outside storage! The only complaints would be getting the spare tire in and out (no way to lift it, have to use a bottle jack) and there is a common leak above the driver side window which requires resealing every year. Very pleased with this RV!
- Mike Pop, Nevada