Winnebago Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (250)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

BJ from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Winnebago Adventurer 32D View Listings

I purchased a 2016 Winnebago Adventurer and had nothing but problems with it. I only had use of it 17 days in the first 90 days, the rest of the time was in the shop. Problems to name just a few... Steering was lose (wandered all over road, unsafe) Wing Window @ desk (fell out) Severe water Leak @ kitchen sink, flooded coach under drawers soaked and sub floor Valve fresh @ water intake (failed) Water blew out fresh water intake Entry Door (failed) Lounge & Bedroom lights (failed) Fluid Leak (brake, power steering) Awning (wouldn’t open fully) Fresh Water Tank (valve stuck open) Solar Shade (continually loses settings) Dining Table (damaged) Drawer Pulls (mismatched) Wiper Blades fell off (plastic snapped on use) Panel behind bedroom door (not fully attached) Mirror cameras were switched Leak in vents Shades behind couch won’t roll up I had enough and complained to Winnebago, their response "we pay the dealer to fix these things" When I asked about the supposed 135 point inspection before leaving the factory and how they could not find some of these issues-silence. I told them it was a lemon and they needed to take it back, no go wouldn't even consider it. Ended up trading it in and getting a 5th wheel. Once you buy it they don't care pure and simple and reasonable person would admit it was a lemon.
- BJ, Oregon

2020-11-27 2007 Winnebago Voyage 35A View Listings

The RV is great. Unfortunately my last 2 have been 40 foot diesels and my wife refuses to like the smaller gas rig. The Workhorse has plenty of power (I tow a Chevy Equinox) and runs great with only 33,000 miles.
- Jim Happ, Arizona

2020-11-24 2017 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

We upgraded to the Winnebago Sightseer when we decided to go full time. The Sightseer has been an outstanding RV. We bought it because it met all our needs and our expectations. It handles very well either under tow our on its own. We removed the original seating Which we found extremely uncomfortable and replaced it with 2 Lazy Boy recliners. We have also removed the recliners which will allow the new owners to select their preferred seating. We also added a king size bed. We are selling the Sightseer due to health reasons. The quality of the Sightseer has been exceptional and we have had very few maintenance issue. We installed an 18 CF GE residential refrigerator last year which made a great difference in the quantity of food and keeping refrigerated food at proper temperature. We have done our best to take very good care of RV. Being it was our home it became a necessity.
- Danny Goodpaster, North Carolina

2020-11-22 2017 Winnebago Sightseer 33C View Listings

We upgraded to this RV when we went full time. It had all the features we desired in an RV for full time travel. It met all our expectations. The quality and workmanship has been excellent. It is easy to drive and handle on the road. It has no problem with towing. We added the king size bed and the residential refrigerator to make our travels compatible with full time travel. We have removed the original bench seating because it was extremely uncomfortable. We added 2 Lazy Boy recliners. We have removed the recliners to allow the future owner to add their own selected seating.
- djgoodpaster12, North Carolina

2020-10-22 2018 Winnebago Sightseer 36Z View Listings

We bought a brand new Winnebago Sightseer 36Z because we loved the open floor plan. It had tons of room and storage. BUT we have had so many issues with this motor home we have only used it on 3 tripe dealers. I am not saying that every one of them built are as bad, but if they are Winnebago is in big trouble with their quality control at the factory. This was our first motorhome and we wanted to buy once and not loose $$$ trading up a few years later. Winnebago had a great reputation for the best RV's in the past but the future does not look as good. High priced and over rated at this point. They are selling motorhomes based on an old reputation. That wont last forever, and will drag the giant down someday. Our coach was in the shop over 100 days in 2 years with over 30 issues wrong in less that 10k miles.
- Jack Wilson, New York

2020-10-14 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U View Listings

I purchased it from camping world in Chattanooga Tennessee in 2006 . I always carried either my son and his family or my Daughter and her family with us to Myrtle Beach S C or Panama City, Pensacola Beach . I never had any problems with it. My wife passed away in 2012 and I didn’t have any desire to travel anymore so i got rid of it
- William Maynor, Georgia

2020-10-11 2019 Winnebago Intent 30R View Listings

Purchased new from General RV. Pretty Positive experience thus far. The interior layout works well for us. Outdoor entertainment area includes a sink and refrigerator which we have used frequently. We had a propane line run so we could set up a grill right next to it. Sufficient space in bedroom, shower and separate toilet area. Only interior complaint so far is the eating area is pretty tight. Interior and exterior storage is more than sufficient for our needs. The issue with steering which I see pretty often was prevalent during the first 1000 miles or so. After that I decided I didn't need to have any suspension mods done. I'm certain this is a personal preference not necessarily a requirement. 99% of the issues we encountered were handled during warranty period. Missing screws, issue with awning, ill fitting screens in driving area, entry door not fitted to hole properly were the primary issues. If this were a car that I had paid almost 6 figures for I would be extremely upset, in a RV it's actually better than most. Sigh. So the 4 star rating is in relation to what I have come to expect from the RV industry in general and not what I would give to a car manufacturer and paying a similar price. They would receive a 2,lol.
- MP Brooks, Florida

2020-10-09 2017 Winnebago Sightseer 36Z View Listings

We have the 2017 Winnebago Sightseer 36Z. I have had nothing but problems with the passenger side slide out. I bought the unit brand new and on the day I bought it, the slide out malfunctioned. The dealer got it to slide in and we thought it was a fluke. NOPE. We have been stuck at 3 different campgrounds with the slide out not retracting. I have become an expert at tearing the wall apart to get to the motor to extract it from the mechanism so we could slide the wall in and head down the road. I've made wooden braces to slip into the top of the slide out to keep the wall from coming out while we are driving. This has been a total nightmare. I have taken it to 2 Camper Worlds more than once and to another Winnebago approved repair center where they never got to my unit after it being there for 9 weeks they still haven't touched it. The slide out on the passenger side has the same sized motors as the 2 smaller slide outs. They simply aren't big enough. You can hear them laboring far more so than in the other 2 slide outs. I have no idea what to do but to drive 11 hours to Winnebago and leave it there to be fixed. I'm at my wits end. Now the unit is leaning to the right causing the front right tire to get hot and wear more. Lase service department I took it to said that they couldn't work on this so not sure where to go for that. I guess I'm headed to Iawa since I can't find anywhere within 5 hours of me who can work on it.
- Dr. Barry Wilson, Kentucky

2020-10-09 2015 Winnebago Vista 27N View Listings

THE WINNEBAGO VISTA 27N AT 28' 9" IS JUST THE PERFECT SIZE UNIT TO ENTER AND STAY IN MOST NATIONAL PARKS, HANDELS WELL IN ADVERSE WEATHER WITHOUT ANY ALTERATIONS TO SUSPENSION. AND IS THE PERFECT SIZE UNIT FOR A FAMILY OF 4.
- BILL TESHERA, Nevada

2020-10-07 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 30B View Listings

I have enjoyed using this but can no longer use it for medical reasons.It always functioned perfectly and was commfortable to live on whether for a few days or longer. It feels spacious and has every convenienve I want.
- judithblinn, Michigan

2020-09-29 2018 Winnebago Intent 30R View Listings

We purchased this unit used, with 4,800 miles on it. The chassis is still under Ford warranty, but the other parts are apparently only warranted to the original purchaser. That's fine with me. Overall we are quite satisfied, and the price certainly was right. I have a theory that people buy a new RV, and then quickly become disenchanted by the way they handle (or DON'T handle!), and the ridiculously low levels of dealer service. The first problem we encountered was the door latch, which snapped when I closed the door. This effectively imprisoned me in the unit, as the door could not be opened from outside or inside. I got a screwdriver and removed the latch unit. A quick trip to the local dealer parts department and I was back installing the replacement within an hour. Had to grind some parts to get them to align properly. No problems with the latch since then. Handling is another story. I'm pretty sure whoever traded this unit at 4,800 miles did so because it scared them to death. I can't blame them. Crosswinds and passing semi-trucks are a nightmare. After investigation, I learned that the fix is aftermarket front and rear stabilizer bars, and a steering stabilizer. Another problem easily solved. The black and grey water tanks are notorious for giving false readings on the control panel. I use a spray wand to clear the black water tank and pretty much guestimate the grey tank level. Ducted AC is great and fairly quiet. We added an extension to turn the jack-knife sofa into a queen bed. That has been the best modification ever! I fabricated it from aluminum and it stores flat in the overhead bunk. Extra cushions store under the main bed. Takes about two minutes to set up. We keep the slides lubed, and the slide seals sprayed with the recommended slide seal protectant. We use a Bulldog 30 amp electricity monitor, which works well for us in areas where lightning hits the ground (like Florida.) I can fix most anything that goes wrong, but if I need help I take the unit to a local truck repair facility. They are WAY cheaper than the RV dealer, and they are familiar with the Ford F53 engine and chassis. I think the only thing I would need to call an outside repair person on might be the heating system. I can work on the propane water heater, but the furnace is an enclosed unit and I feel more comfortable farming that work out to a professional. The bottom line is we are happy with the unit, and confident that we can keep it in tip-top shape doing much of the work ourselves, and getting professional (non-dealer) assistance when necessary.
- Kemp Howland, Florida

2020-09-26 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

Holy cow! Never, ever, ever; let me state that again, ever purchase a Winnebago. The workmanship, quality of work, attention to detail could not possibly be lower. You will experience multiple failures, warranty runaround, and general lack of quality materials and craftsmanship like you have never experienced. I only hope that this review saves some pain and heartache to anyone considering purchasing one of these unreliable and unsupported coaches. I am currently at the repair facility in Iowa on a waiting list to have at least 18 repairs addressed; but good luck with any appointment or customer service. Plan to spend at least a full week waiting for repairs.; and if you get those; anticipate even more disappointments. I digress; we purchased a brand new Vista, 30 foot coach a mere 3 weeks ago. The brakes have failed, generator quit working, inadequate water pressure, solar and battery charging issues just to name a few. Do not walk away from these coaches; RUN!! I can only hope to save others the pain that we have experienced. Be prepared along with your checkbook to bring along plenty of duct tape, superglue, and RTV silicone sealant as these seem to be the favorite tools of manufacturing. Also bring your life experience and knowledge because you will be talked out of any common sense repair satisfaction. It is with deep Disappointed that I write this review as it was my dream to drive away with a Winnebago for years.
- Douglas Weber, Iowa

2020-09-24 2018 Winnebago Intent 26M View Listings

How could I have been so stupid to purchase a new 2021 Winnebago Intent 29L before reading these reviews. But I looked online for six weeks and never saw these bad reviews. If I had, I would never have purchased. We bought because the interior and floor plan were exactly what we were looking for. Drove it home from the dealer and two things broke by the time we arrived home; about a 25 mile drive. RV has less than 2000 miles on it. Dealer never told us how often to have our RV serviced and the Winnebago website has nothing on it at all. Winnebago's website doesn't have current owner's manual information, some of their pages do not work and others haven't been updated since 2017!!! Really? I thought Winnebago was a reputable company. I figured wrong. Preparing to leave on our first big trip from California to Washington for two weeks. Praying nothing will go wrong.
- Ted Viveiros, California

2020-09-11 2016 Winnebago Sightseer 35G View Listings

Love this unit, floor plan, convenience, overall design and functionality is extremely appealing.Winnebago has presented a product and price point that more than competes with more expensive coaches of this size!!
- Robert Ouellette, Florida

2020-08-30 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I used to hold Winnebagos in high regard, but no more! I worked hard all my life and dreamed of retirement and motor home enjoyment for many years, but I have been sorely disappointed with this make and model!!! First off, the alignment was terrible; my husband could not believe it was possible to drive it from the factory to Texas in that condition. Had it aligned (I was told it required wedges to correct). Had to literally fight with dealership to pay for the repair, as they said that was not a warranty issue. Next we experienced issues with side compartment doors popping open as we drove; noted by the dealership, but no fix offered. Side entry door closes extremely hard; must be slammed shut most of the time. Dealership acknowledged this door was problematic, but offered no solution. After several months, we noticed that the back wall was separating from the unit. Took it to the dealership and was told that after checking with Winnebago that they should just screw it back in place.....WHAT??? I was dumbfounded, so I called Winnebago, and indeed that was their solution. We asked for an extended warranty, and was told they would put a note in our file-gee thanks. While waiting to get the wall fixed, the generator went out after only 3 hours of use. Unit is now at dealership to be repaired, and we just got a text that we need a new back wall; maybe several months before that can happen. Overall material used in unit is vinyl and tape. My retirement dream has been so painful; do yourself a favor and stay far away from this make and model!
- Patricia Zimmerman, Texas

2020-08-29 2018 Winnebago Vista 27PE View Listings

After a disappointing experience with a 2015 (new) View, we're very happy with this rig. It has a reliable albeit slightly loud Triton engine, always starts (including through the Rockies winters), no issues with slides, leaks, or pumps. LOVE the power bed -- much more comfortable for adults than those cab-over bunks. Winnebago should update the styling --the mustard yellow and dark wood circa 1950 theme is VERY tired (but we're going to paint it, so that's fine). The couch is uncomfortable, we'll be ripping it out and replacing it with recliners, and painting the inside a brighter color. Other than that, very happy at 15,000 miles in.
- Don, Colorado

2020-08-21 2013 Winnebago Vista 35F View Listings

The Winnebago Vista 35F is an excellent value, combining quality components, versatility, and functionality at a reasonable price point compared to its competition. Besides offering all the usual amenities, it has exceptional storage capability for living or travel. Quality wood cabinets in the cabin and many large storage compartments underneath allow you to logically sort, separate and stow your gear, clothes and bath items. It is very comfortable and convenient for 1, 2 or even 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 kids. More would be pushing it even though they claim it sleeps 6. It has a separate powder room or half bath for guests who don’t have to share the Master Bathroom for anything other than the shower. Tall people will appreciate the headroom in that large shower, btw. The outdoor entertainment system (TV and stereo system) is an added plus for living room-like viewing under the stars. All in all, I would consider the unit to be an excellent entry level Motorhome that most people would not feel the need to upgrade. Truthfully, I couldn’t submit this review without filling out all 5 rating star fields, and the last one about the factory warranty/support I averaged, because I never had to call them so I have no real idea.
- Curt Trainer, Tennessee

2020-08-19 2013 Winnebago Vista 26HE View Listings

Very comfortable captain seats for driving distances. Size allows for easy parking anywhere. Just stop and go the bed. Easiest to winterize of any RV I have owned. With the very dependable generator, the puppy is safe to leave in any conditions as we check out an attraction that does not allow pets. Hate to sell but circumstances say it's time. Convenience and the ultimate in comfort whatever the location or weather. Take care of my baby....ENJOY!
- Rocky L. Brookmole, Texas

2020-08-18 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 37B View Listings

This RV has been awesome for our family of 8. We continue to RV in this unit even though three of our children don't camp with us anymore. It is such a dream to drive and easy to maneuver. Storage if everywhere and the unit is high quality. General upkeep has been the only issue such as tires, oil changes, etc. Awesome unit and many fantastic family hours spent on the road and fireside.
- David Agnew, West Virginia

2020-08-12 2004 Winnebago Brave 30W View Listings

A great RV in a small package. These years of Winnebago were very over-built with regard to not only structural integrity, but smart design and easy to use features. Winnebago's classic "interlocking" wall-to-roof design holds up for years. The fiberglass roof is more impervious to years of sun, wind, and rain (sometimes snow). Mine is on the Workhorse chassis and is great to drive, taking corners with ease and a great power to weight ratio when towing a car. The 30W makes the most out of the space given with 2 slides and very decent under bay storage. Corian countertops, solid wood cabinetry, and the vinyl plank flooring all hold up wonderful over time. I love this coach and especially these years of Winnebago. It's hard to match this quality today. When you find a good one in these years, keep it, it will treat you well.
- Chris, Oregon

2020-08-07 2015 Winnebago Vista 35B View Listings

This RV is top of the line and sleeps up to 8 people. The optional overhead bed, however, gave us some problems (getting off track, stuck in the down position). The 3 slides provide a lot of extra living space and the double refrigerator comes in handy. Having 1.5 baths is a super convenience, too. I would recommend this Vista 35B to a family who wants all the comforts of home when on the road.
- Connie Campbell, Texas

2020-08-02 2014 Winnebago Vista 30T View Listings

I have owned this Motorhome since 2015.The only 2 items that were repaired were the slide motor on one of the 3 slides and the hydraulic pump motor on the leveling jacks. These were replaced in 2019 and were covered under an extended warranty. I love this motorhome, drives and handles like a cadilac.
- James Wills, North Carolina

2020-07-30 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

Warning people!! A terrible customer service. 0 levels of quality built . Now the bought newmar to make it more junk certified Please do yourself a favor Buy rolls Roy’s / Porsche or Lamborghini will be better and cheaper with 5 stars hotel !!
- Dr ron , Delaware

2020-07-23 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I cannot recommend this RV enough. The wall slide makes the RV spacious but I love the fact that you do not have to put the slide out in order to go to bed and no functionality is lost (kitchen, bath) if not out. Actually had a situation where we could not put it out for the night, no big deal. The storage is outstanding. We packed for a month long trip and still had storage room available. The size is perfect - not too big, not too little - for easy drivability and greater choices of campsites. The living space is arranged "conversationally". On our month long trip we met up with family - and a rain storm. Seven people sitting comfortably for conversation - no one sitting in a "line" as when the couch is on the same side and in line with the dinette. The table being across from the dinette easily expands the kitchen space if needed for dry dishes, etc. It's the little things - like the cubby by the door under the dinette - so great for making shoes and the dog leash handy. Outlets/USB on both sides of the bed and by the dinette. The TV is excellently placed, only 1 side of the dinette cannot see. We've had no mechanical issues in the 2 years we have had the RV - everything works! I wasn't sure about having an outdoor kitchen but we've used it every time we've taken the RV....and bonus...husband cooks. It moves uphill just fine although we pull a Jeep Cherokee so as expected slows us down a bit. This motorhome does everything we need it to do without being too small.
- Debi Capuchino, California

2020-07-14 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

biggest lemon ever bought Cherokee alpha wolf bought new can,t stay in it because if turn on air and frig same time main power shuts down. turned on water and leak in shower wall.suppose to be antenna guess what none. many more things but no body seems to give a dam. contacted couple of people and the only answer we get is fix it. oh yes gander rv we bought it from has gone bankrupt seems no one else has to help. company should at this point be willing to fix or exchange for a new one instead we get no help at all from company.lots of brands out there buy one of those not this lemon.
- ralph grundeman, Wisconsin