Winnebago Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (208)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

BJ from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Winnebago Adventurer 32D View Listings

I purchased a 2016 Winnebago Adventurer and had nothing but problems with it. I only had use of it 17 days in the first 90 days, the rest of the time was in the shop. Problems to name just a few... Steering was lose (wandered all over road, unsafe) Wing Window @ desk (fell out) Severe water Leak @ kitchen sink, flooded coach under drawers soaked and sub floor Valve fresh @ water intake (failed) Water blew out fresh water intake Entry Door (failed) Lounge & Bedroom lights (failed) Fluid Leak (brake, power steering) Awning (wouldn’t open fully) Fresh Water Tank (valve stuck open) Solar Shade (continually loses settings) Dining Table (damaged) Drawer Pulls (mismatched) Wiper Blades fell off (plastic snapped on use) Panel behind bedroom door (not fully attached) Mirror cameras were switched Leak in vents Shades behind couch won’t roll up I had enough and complained to Winnebago, their response "we pay the dealer to fix these things" When I asked about the supposed 135 point inspection before leaving the factory and how they could not find some of these issues-silence. I told them it was a lemon and they needed to take it back, no go wouldn't even consider it. Ended up trading it in and getting a 5th wheel. Once you buy it they don't care pure and simple and reasonable person would admit it was a lemon.
- BJ, Oregon

2020-03-12 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38T View Listings

This is my 7th motorhome and my last as health forces me to give it up. She has been a great motorhome plenty of room and storage the electric reels are a god send no more wrestling with hoses or power cable. she rides great. two vanities makes it nice. very easy to drive and maneuver the kitchen is big enough for two people to work the opposing slides make for a great entertainment area tv is in front of you not on the ceiling between the seats big shower i'm 6 2 and have plenty of room most of the lighting has been replaced with leds
- Ron Dupuis, Florida

2020-03-03 2017 Winnebago Vista 31KE View Listings

I've owned six class-A gas RV,s. We traveled 3-4 months each year for the past twelve years and this is by far the best living, and driving RV. The road handling is superior, and the basement space is 20 to 25% larger than the others. We love the drop down bed in the cab. Along with the fold out couch, convertible U-shaped dinette, and queen bed in the back, it sleeps 7 to 8 people. Winnebago builds a great rig.
- Vasilieff, Oregon

2020-02-19 2013 Winnebago Vista 35B View Listings

As a Winnebago, I feel that his rig was top notch. It's provided a wonderful service for us. It is easy to handle and A/C and electrical service are more than adequate. 2nd bath is great when the grandkids traveled with us. Purchased the rig with a protective finish and it still shines like it's just off the showroom floor. This was my 2nd Class A and both were Winnebago's and I would only purchase a Winnebago again. I've traveled with these 2 rigs the last 13 years and thoroughly enjoyed being on the road with this rig. Happy Camping
- Gary Stryker, New Jersey

2020-02-15 2016 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q View Listings

This is our second Winnebago and wouldn't consider another brand. This floor plan is very open and everything is very convenient. Anyone could easily live in this RV for months on end and have every possible amenity. I wouldn't change anything except the microwave/convection, as this particular brand does not allow any metal to be used, such as baking, etc. Therefore I have to carry glass baking ware. I love the fact that every possible square inch was considered and therefore provides tons of storage inside as well as outside. We have received nothing but the highest complements on this RV and it's livability. It is extremely easy to drive and manuver. My only suggestion would be for the backup camera to be up higher so that the driver doesn't have to take their eyes so far off the road. for instance, when changing lanes.
- PTruesdall, California

2020-02-11 2018 Winnebago Vista 27PE View Listings

Very well designed Class A for the size/price range. Efficient layout and storage areas. Amazing amount of storage for the size range of this machine. Convenient access for most features. Plenty of power when towing a 4300 lb car/tow dolly with average mileage of 7.7 mpg in 7500 +/- miles of use on all types of roads. Handles well and easy to park at your site. Proven chassis design with low cost maintenance at local Ford truck facilities.
- David R Pankoski, Florida

2020-01-21 2018 Winnebago Vista LX 30T View Listings

Great handling RV with sufficient power to climb any mountain pass. The Vista LX 30T has an open floor plan, an easy to use buffet table with hidden tv, overhead bunk and long lasting full body paint. The 30T comes with a 5000 lb hitch and tows really easy.
- Greg, Oregon

2020-01-13 2014 Winnebago Vista 27N View Listings

Best RV we ever owned, packs so much into just 28feet means it is easy to drive and can fit into all the campgrounds. Inverter runs the TV's and outlets for coffee maker, blender etc. the storage space is huge and the 3 large slides make it so roomy
- Candace Hofstadter, Arizona

2020-01-08 2019 Winnebago Intent 29L View Listings

Purchased July 2019 in Florida...on our way to NJ large rattle from the overhead bed, several other problems, seating area bed & sofa bed are extremely small, only toddler fits, but the main problems are as follows..lots of heat coming into the RV from under The passenger seat, 10 days later unit broke down on a busy two lane road way, welded heat shields Underneath broke off an immobilized the unit..exhaust front and rear were loose... call Winnebago—it’s a ford problem-towed to Ford, because Winnebago moves things around to install the house(RV)...Ford will not repair, sends it back to manufacturer...we looked underneath... lots of rust, in litigation now...buyer beware😤
- Wanda Rodriguez, New Jersey

2020-01-07 2018 Winnebago Intent 30R View Listings

How to begin. This rv has either been in the shop or waiting to go more often then I've been able to use it. Sewer/gray water valve leak, times 3. Plumbing leak. Shop found lines did not have proper fittings from factory. New entry door. Had to install shims to fix, opening cut to large. Short in cable/satellite, plus satellite connection had no hole for coax. Sawdust pouring out of air duct. I had to take this apart and vacuum. Always friendly service. Takes a month or so to get it in, months to repair. Often repair wasn't completed. In the shop right now. Been there for two months. At least Winnebago is willing to fix all under warranty. Just a lot of monthly payments being made for a unit which can't be used 1/2 the time.
- Russell, California

2019-12-14 2019 Winnebago Adventurer 35F View Listings

This is our second Winnebago Class A and we are very satisfied. Has all the options we wanted and the coach is beautiful. The floor plan is perfect for us and it is very livable. We like the bath and a half as well as other features such as residential size refrigerator, 2000 watt inverter, nd full body paint. This coach is very firm and stable on the road. I really like the 22.5 inch wheels and wide wheel base. A huge difference in driving over the 19.9 inch wheels of our previous motorhomes with shorter wheelbase. This is an important issue to consider in the quality of the ride. I gave a 5 star on overall quality because Winnebago does it better that other brands, but I must say that none of these rigs, no matter how much you spend or what brand you buy, has high quality throughout. Workmanship is not what it used to be. I would recommend this motorhome based on my experiences. We have only put a few thousand miles on it but so far, everything has worked as promised and no issues to report.
- Bob, Ohio

2019-12-10 2007 Winnebago Adventurer 38J View Listings

We have thoroughly enjoyed this coach. We spend 3 months of the year in the Colorado Rockies and this coach is very comfortable living in; a real home away from home. This is our second Winnebago; it's very well built and the only make of motor home we will buy. It's in great condition and runs like a dream. We are looking to buy our 3rd Winnebago.
- Kirk Woolery, Texas

2019-11-18 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J View Listings

This is our third motorhome and our favorite so far. Love this floor plan. Perfect for families. Comes with bunks and a king bed. Quality fiberglass roof. Drives very nicely! No rocking or swaying. Feels powerful, no need for a deisel.
- Stacy, Connecticut

2019-11-13 2019 Winnebago Intent 29L View Listings

Picked up this unit Oct 3rd 2019 and traded it in 2 weeks later after our first weekend out. On delivery noted numerous workmanship flaws. Roof buckling, floor buckling, scratches on exterior, interior etc. Screw holes to secure molding exposed throughout. Shower stall was cracked. But we had planned an outing we accepted and agreed to bring it back for warranty repairs. On initial drive home noticed a very loose driving experience, seemed unstable ! I drove on a parkway about 15 miles and heard squeaks and rattles beyond belief. The front privacy curtain and overhead bed was so loud I had to stop and wedge cardboard in it. The slide out squeaked like it was going to fall off. None the less I got home and packed it for our weekend. (the last of the season, 27degrees at night) We drove about 140 miles out of town and began feeling our remorse immediately. That said we got to our destination and set up our site. We got to the sand dunes and parked on a hard level spot and leveled our unit easily. Okay maybe not so bad...however after taking our side by side UTV and Quad and getting plenty dirty we were looking forward to coming back for a hot shower. Heater was keeping the unit warm however Water Heater would not stay lit. Believe me it was primed per instruction manual and water valves were in correct positions. This created a lot of grief because we had let our five year old Granddaughter bury herself in the sand. And we still had two nights to go. No Showers!!! Needless to say we got home, started to unpack and I looked over at my wife. She was sitting on the steps with her face in her hands crying. I asked her what was wrong and she simply replied. "This is the worst purchase ever and I will never go out in it again". That settled it, this piece of junk was going back. We took it in the following Thursday and traded it in for Coachmen 311 C-Class at a $10k loss. Worth every dime "Happy Wife, Happy Life" and it drives, handles and performs perfectly. Quiet as a mouse. I will qualify my RV experience by stating we have owned two Class C coaches and a 40ft Toy hauler that we have owned for years with no such issues. They have all been used in campgrounds and dry camping and traveled thousands of miles with only minor issues ie: fuses, bulbs etc. And I will close with two words BUYER BEWARE
- STEVE, Utah

2019-11-05 2013 Winnebago Sightseer 30A View Listings

This is my 3rd motorhome. I purchased a Winnebago because there are many out there that have been on the road for a long time. The quality is very good. This is the first motorhome that I have owned, that hasn't needed anything major done to it. Winnebago makes a good coach. While others try to make them pretty and add all kinds of foo foo, these guys concentrate on the important things. Of course I have customized a few things to make it how I like it and make it a little more comfortable.
- Dean Gardiner, California

2019-11-01 2016 Winnebago Vista LX 35F View Listings

Love the RV! 2 bathrooms just like home! Fireplace adds a nice touch and the refrigerator/freezer/ice maker is as large as our house unit. We use the bunk only when grandkids are with us! Outside entertainment center under the awning adds additional joy! The bedroom has plenty of closet and draw storage. In fact, we always pack to many clothes! The outside storage is quite ample too with a pass thru and other storage compartments. When needed the 2 AC's keep us at that perfect temperature and usually turn one off. This has a larger shower then our previous 30 Ft Jayco and one of the biggest I've ever seen!
- Mary Grant, Florida

2019-10-29 2018 Winnebago Intent 26M View Listings

The driving experience is horrible and this is after I had put a road master sway bar and steering stabilizer on the front of the chassis. But when small cars go by and the air from them pushes you two feet off the road something is serious wrong. I had to put sumo springs on both front and back before i felt it was safe to drive. I also have had to replace all the finger locks and key locks on the storage company’s due to rust in addition to the tens of hours I have spent under the chassis with wire brush scrapping and sanding the excessive rust off and the paint peeling off. I am not sure how many cans of rust-oleum I have purchased- I have contacted the dealer and Winnebago about the rust issue and they both point at one another saying it is each other’s responsibility to deal fix. Frankly the issue with the rust on the chassis appear to be a rusty frame painted over by Ford.
- George trau, Virginia

2019-10-20 2013 Winnebago Sightseer 30A View Listings

This Sightseer is our 3rd motorhome. It has been very reliable. Winnebago has a long reputation of long lasting motor-homes. The heavy duty chassis with the 22.5" tires rides very nice. Towing a jeep or trailer behind is no problem. The horsepower is the highest of any motorhome we have had. Climbs hill better than our friends. The 30 ft length is perfect for all campgrounds. Overall very little issues in past 7 years. Highly recommend the brand.
- Dean, California

2019-10-18 2019 Winnebago Intent 29L View Listings

Winnebago set out to build an entry level Class A coach. They succeeded. It is a fair value at this price point. Minor issues: I am afraid to use the faust fixtures for fear they will snap. They head lights do not go off automatically like most new cars. Worse, there is not audible signal when you leave them on. To hook up your own DVD player in the living area you must step on the bench seat. The TVs are not connected. To watch a DVD movie in the bedroom, you need to move the player or have a second player. MAJOR ISSUES: The shocks are terrible ( you feel every bump). The steering has so much play as to be dangerous. I expect to spend a couple thousand to get it drivable. They aimed for basic and went CHEAP. Too bad.
- Michael D'Spain, Texas

2019-10-13 2018 Winnebago Intent 30R View Listings

Purchased a new 2018 Winnebago Intent. Have had same prob as I'm reading from others. Very poor quality. Extremely long waits to get in for a warranty repair. Longer wait once the service dept gets it. I've been told a week, took months. No other reason than the part was never ordered, although I cont to call and ask. I had to call the factory to find this out. Constantly dealing with repairs. Now the rollout shade is beginning to come apart, and the passenger's night shade won't budge, up or down. Same prob as others with entry door flying open as I'm driving down the road. Added SumoSprings for a stable ride. Upgraded bed. Going to add TV over entry door. Looking to replace front seats for something comfortable. Since our purchase, the service dept has had it longer than I've been able to use it. At least now I'm out of warranty and will go somewhere else for repairs... Which seem to never end.
- Russell, California

2019-10-06 2018 Winnebago Intent 31P View Listings

So, we have had our intent for 3 days on the road now and have had nothing but problems! Entrance door flies open when driving, bottom step sticks terrible. Leveling jacks malfunctioned and wouldn’t retract. Side window won’t close and latch. Screens don’t fit properly and fall out. Rear breaks are stuck on. Bed above seats is way to close to the ceiling. USB port in front cab doesn’t work. Light switch for led front lights has short. Front grill fell off while driving. Inverter doesn’t work. Steering out of alignment. No weather proof boxes around your hydraulic systems or the wiring and the house batteries or wiring, just so they can create more revenue for the service dept. tank light indicator doesn’t work. NOT MADE Well at all!!! We haven’t made it home yet to get it in for warranty work so not sure how that’s going to be. Will update as we go
- Amy Crotty, Florida

2019-10-01 2011 Winnebago Adventurer 32H View Listings

I don't know anything about the driving and warranty because this isn't my motorhome. But, I've spent some weekends in this home-on-wheels. It's beautiful and clean! Has all the amenities for a comfortable stay. Outdoor television and retractable awning is perfect for baseball and football games with family and friends. Two slide-outs for roomy living and bedroom space.
- Dianne Owens, Wisconsin

2019-09-28 2017 Winnebago Vista 31KE View Listings

The new Vista 31ke design maximizes space with an ingenious cabin design that offers a walk around Q bed, an oversized booth, fold out couch, and drop-down bed over the cabin making room to sleep seven. The new chassis design results in straight-arrow tracking and amazing handling on highways or by-ways, in calm or windy conditions. In addition, the basements in this thirty-one foot coach are bigger than almost any other gas powered rig. The side basements are tall enough to carry bicycles, and the rear basement compartment is mini-room size. With Winnebago's epic, industry-leading quality and attention to detail, this coach sets a new standard for class-A motorhomes.
- Nick Vasilieff, Oregon

2019-09-24 2004 Winnebago Brave 32V View Listings

Winnebago is a quality made RV from the motor to the bedroom. It is very roomy and has a ton of storage inside and out for packing the whole family up for those bucket list trips.It's like a house on wheels.
- Cindy Mayberry, Illinois

2019-09-20 2018 Winnebago Vista 31BE View Listings

Love this floor plan! The bunk beds are such a great feature! I love to read or snooze in there and the doggies love looking out the windows! There are CD players to watch movies. And if the top bunk is not in use it goes up and a hanging rod provides more hanging space for your extra clothes! There is ample space for all and at 31’ this coach will fit in state and national parks Sleeps 9 so if you have a large family this will work great!
- Kathy, Arizona