Winnebago Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (226)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Winnebago Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

BJ from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Winnebago Adventurer 32D View Listings

I purchased a 2016 Winnebago Adventurer and had nothing but problems with it. I only had use of it 17 days in the first 90 days, the rest of the time was in the shop. Problems to name just a few... Steering was lose (wandered all over road, unsafe) Wing Window @ desk (fell out) Severe water Leak @ kitchen sink, flooded coach under drawers soaked and sub floor Valve fresh @ water intake (failed) Water blew out fresh water intake Entry Door (failed) Lounge & Bedroom lights (failed) Fluid Leak (brake, power steering) Awning (wouldn’t open fully) Fresh Water Tank (valve stuck open) Solar Shade (continually loses settings) Dining Table (damaged) Drawer Pulls (mismatched) Wiper Blades fell off (plastic snapped on use) Panel behind bedroom door (not fully attached) Mirror cameras were switched Leak in vents Shades behind couch won’t roll up I had enough and complained to Winnebago, their response "we pay the dealer to fix these things" When I asked about the supposed 135 point inspection before leaving the factory and how they could not find some of these issues-silence. I told them it was a lemon and they needed to take it back, no go wouldn't even consider it. Ended up trading it in and getting a 5th wheel. Once you buy it they don't care pure and simple and reasonable person would admit it was a lemon.
- BJ, Oregon

2020-07-03 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 30Y View Listings

Many years of enjoyment, this vehicle has far exceeded our expections. The floor plan is so livable, but it is very compact and easy to drive an maneuver. Very glad we stepped up to the features of the Adventurer, as they have proven to be well worth the cost over time
- johno, California

2020-06-23 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

Purchased the Vista new have had nothing but problems it leaks when it rains refrigerator will not switch to propane drivers seat swivel keeps breaking keeps poping breakers so no power to outlets entry door does not close properly now a new door has been ordered, this motorhome has been in the shop more than I have been able to use it and I am fed up next move get attorney and file under lemon law, now the transmission is leaking what a nightmare
- Joe Silva, California

2020-06-22 2013 Winnebago Vista 26HE View Listings

This was my first RV, and I love this thing! I am 5’2”, and as a small woman, I had no trouble handling this road warrior. Easy to handle on the highways and on the back roads. Plenty of room, I love to separate shower stall. Wonderful kitchen.
- Sharon, Pennsylvania

2020-06-22 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 38J View Listings

We spent many years in our Winnie and had very minor problems. We did have to get several windows defogged but that was about it. I did the driving and it was very easy to handle and maneuver. Loved the interior and exterior. A beautiful RV.
- Jan Kottyan, Ohio

2020-06-22 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V View Listings

Winnebago’s Adventurer is a mobile home designed and engineered for long term family vacations from Forrest to mountains to deserts. It combines versatility with high end finishes. I’ve owned mine for 18 years and have had minimal problems-all of which were fixable in short order. The V-10 Ford is a solid tow vehicle with an engine that does not overheat on steep grades towing boat or trailer. Sleeps 5 comfortably. Restroom functional and comfortable. 3 burner stove and oven complemented by convection oven. Kitchen well laid out with expandable corrian counter space & water filter. Winnebago builds the best RV for the price- which is why the resale market has limited inventory and strong pricing. Winnebagos travel club is a cast of characters.
- Jeff Sparks , California

2020-06-19 1995 Winnebago Adventurer 34RQ View Listings

Just bought a 1995 Winnebago adventurer has 50,000 miles it has the 454 chevy engine, got it home and it won't start, will crank. replaced plugs points, MCU, map sensor, ignition coil, fuel filter. has anybody had this problem? if so what did you do to correct it?
- Dennis Fuller, Georgia

2020-06-17 2018 Winnebago Sunstar 27PE View Listings

We moved from a small Forest River C into this small Winnebago A last year. We couldn't be happier with our choice. This RV has a great floor plan, with a couch facing the dinette; the very comfortable cabin chairs turn to complete the living area. For sleeping, there's the huge king-sized bed or the Euroloft drop down bed. The dinette and couch also turn into beds for a total of 7 sleeping spots. The bathroom features a large shower and plenty of storage, including a corner medicine cabinet, a vanity, and a bonus drawer in the side wall. For entertainment, there's a TV over the dinette, a tv in the bedroom, and an exterior TV for watching under the awning. For meals, there is a large fridge, an oven and a microwave. Storage is a huge strength for this RV. The class A means a lot of basement storage. The interior matches that generosity of space by including storage in drawers under the bed, a closet with two drawers below in the bedroom, and cabinets overhead all along the ceiling. The difference in quality between a Winnebago and the others is pretty obvious. In the year we've had it, we've been very pleased at the lack of little annoying issues. If I were in charge of designing these RV's, I would add more counter space and widen the pantry cabinets. I also wonder why we have to plug into the generator when we need to use it. But those complaints pale when compared to the impressive quality and the wonderful floorplan.
- Kirsten Zelenky , Arizona

2020-05-21 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J View Listings

Horrible service can't get repairs made. Ours hasn't been able to use for 2 years. We have paid thousands of dollars for repairs but continues to go to the shop. Has been 6 months this time. Can't trade. They are overpriced and not good quality.
- Sharon Gilbert, Florida

2020-05-21 2015 Winnebago Sightseer 35G View Listings

We have a 2007 Winnebago that we bought from Camping World. We have not been able to use it in 2 years because it seems that it cannot be repaired. We have paid thousands of dollars only to have it sit in repair shop after repair shop. I contacted Winnebago who basically blew me off and said not their problem. I called Ford who transferred me until I reach a non working number. This has to be the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. And don't even get me started on Camping World. We were td today that there is a part that had a recall on it from before we bought it that was never handled. I can't believe all these companies care about is the sale. No way to trade it and about to do a voluntary repo just to get out of it. Don't buy from Camping World and don't buy any Ford or Winnebago product. You will certainly be sorry. Rude and nasty people at all 3 places.
- Sharon Gilbert, Florida

2020-05-20 2016 Winnebago Sunstar LX 27N View Listings

This motorhome is up to date and was extremely well taken care of. I really appreciated the closet space...a very large garment closet that holds all the clothes a girl could want! A 6 drawer dresser plus the bed also easily raises up with tons of storage under. I really liked the updated look of the interior and the kitchen had plenty of storage for anything needed for gourmet cooking. As for under the hood all I can say is... IT'S VERY CLEAN!
- Regina, Arizona

2020-05-12 2018 Winnebago Intent 26M View Listings

Ride immediately needed improvement and have invested $4500 in doing so. Have enjoyed it and love our first experience at RVing. Exterior quality is very good and have had no problems for most part..,very minor improvements
- Bill Feit, California

2020-05-12 2004 Winnebago Brave 32V View Listings

Bought a used 2004 32V Brave, Workhorse chassis. Engine has way more power than the Ford V10 and the Allison transmission shifts smoothly and doesn't rev as much as the Ford. Build quality is very good compared to other RV's we've owned. Cabinets are well made and don't squeak, solid oak and sturdy. Great support network from Winnebago and you can get complete wiring & plumbing files online. A huge help when making repairs. Previous owners installed a Banks exhaust, front and rear stabilizers. Drives super smooth with those features. Dashboard tilts up so it makes wiring new electronics easy. Tons of outside storage! The only complaints would be getting the spare tire in and out (no way to lift it, have to use a bottle jack) and there is a common leak above the driver side window which requires resealing every year. Very pleased with this RV!
- Mike Pop, Nevada

2020-05-10 2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F View Listings

We purchased our Winnebago 37f in 2017. We love the lay out and were looking for the bath 1/2. It only had 11,000 miles. But it has been a costly experience. The coach was only 5 yrs. old. We thought since Winnebago had been around such a long time, we were getting high quality coach. Guess not! The first year we had to replace HDMI video selection system, the air bed bladders and air pump, the power lift belt for the hideaway tv in living room, jack digital antenna and signal meter, tires( they had good tread but were cracked on the side walls,) and this coach only uses michelin tires,, this coach is known for inferior quality schwintek slide out system( unfortunately we didn’t find that out until we bought it). Which was a $4800 fix, to me something Winnebago should have recalled. Well I have said my peace.. just beware when buying a Winnebago.
- Robert Martin, Illinois

2020-05-08 2003 Winnebago Adventurer 33V View Listings

This rv has all you need for a comfortable trip.It drives and handles well,even for a first time owner.It has plenty of power for driving thru the west coast moutains.....................................
- James, Washington

2020-05-07 2014 Winnebago Vista 35B View Listings

Quality of interior is immaculate: sturdy solid oak cabinets, solid & durable laminate flooring, so much storage inside & under w/ the double bathrooms (came in handy for tailgating). Easy start Generator which worked well with outdoor tailgating & dry camping. HD TV worked so well we never used the Satilite. We were able to have our entire family camp with us due to so much sleep space, so very open, never felt crowded. Very easy to just pull over at approved stops to sleep over on our way, one slide out or none for quick overnight.
- Katrina Ward, Virginia

2020-05-02 2010 Winnebago Adventurer 35P View Listings

We bought the 2010 Adventurer in 2020 (10years old) let me tell u this is one well made coach! The design on this is amazing! Have never seen a more user friendly floorplan as this! The three slides give u the impression of being in a small apartment while u are camping! Drives great, super comfy, bathroom space is Amazing with a truly usable shower space! Sliding doors into bedroom space with room to dance at the end of the bed! We have owned 19ft, 27ft, travel trailers and a 35 ft wide light Toy Hauler travel trailer and loved everyone of them but there was always a sacrifice on something not with this RV it is BEAUTIFUL! 😍
- Cammie Nuckolls, Oregon

2020-04-10 2005 Winnebago Adventurer 37B View Listings

Love this floor plan. In particular: * Extra large BR with built in desk/office area. Quite unique and very practical. * Lots of closet and drawer space in BR. * BR has opposed slides - giving lots more room. * Center Bath area. Has doors to enable it to be shut off from both back and front - giving you a bathroom suit. Extra large as it covers the full width of the RV. We live in this rig full time and have traveled all over the US in it. Have added solar and Lithium batteries as well as flat screen TVs to replace original CRTs. Love it so much that we had a full body paint job done on it (replicating the original) to replace the aging decals - it now looks better than new.
- Richard Hubert, California

2020-04-05 1997 Winnebago Adventurer 34RQ View Listings

To begin with you didn’t give much information about the Motorhome.suchas the mileage and engine type, leveling jacks and any problems it has . Does it have a generator in good condition. I like to know what you are selling ok?
- William Maynor , Georgia

2020-03-12 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38T View Listings

This is my 7th motorhome and my last as health forces me to give it up. She has been a great motorhome plenty of room and storage the electric reels are a god send no more wrestling with hoses or power cable. she rides great. two vanities makes it nice. very easy to drive and maneuver the kitchen is big enough for two people to work the opposing slides make for a great entertainment area tv is in front of you not on the ceiling between the seats big shower i'm 6 2 and have plenty of room most of the lighting has been replaced with leds
- Ron Dupuis, Florida

2020-03-03 2017 Winnebago Vista 31KE View Listings

I've owned six class-A gas RV,s. We traveled 3-4 months each year for the past twelve years and this is by far the best living, and driving RV. The road handling is superior, and the basement space is 20 to 25% larger than the others. We love the drop down bed in the cab. Along with the fold out couch, convertible U-shaped dinette, and queen bed in the back, it sleeps 7 to 8 people. Winnebago builds a great rig.
- Vasilieff, Oregon

2020-02-19 2013 Winnebago Vista 35B View Listings

As a Winnebago, I feel that his rig was top notch. It's provided a wonderful service for us. It is easy to handle and A/C and electrical service are more than adequate. 2nd bath is great when the grandkids traveled with us. Purchased the rig with a protective finish and it still shines like it's just off the showroom floor. This was my 2nd Class A and both were Winnebago's and I would only purchase a Winnebago again. I've traveled with these 2 rigs the last 13 years and thoroughly enjoyed being on the road with this rig. Happy Camping
- Gary Stryker, New Jersey

2020-02-15 2016 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q View Listings

This is our second Winnebago and wouldn't consider another brand. This floor plan is very open and everything is very convenient. Anyone could easily live in this RV for months on end and have every possible amenity. I wouldn't change anything except the microwave/convection, as this particular brand does not allow any metal to be used, such as baking, etc. Therefore I have to carry glass baking ware. I love the fact that every possible square inch was considered and therefore provides tons of storage inside as well as outside. We have received nothing but the highest complements on this RV and it's livability. It is extremely easy to drive and manuver. My only suggestion would be for the backup camera to be up higher so that the driver doesn't have to take their eyes so far off the road. for instance, when changing lanes.
- PTruesdall, California

2020-02-11 2018 Winnebago Vista 27PE View Listings

Very well designed Class A for the size/price range. Efficient layout and storage areas. Amazing amount of storage for the size range of this machine. Convenient access for most features. Plenty of power when towing a 4300 lb car/tow dolly with average mileage of 7.7 mpg in 7500 +/- miles of use on all types of roads. Handles well and easy to park at your site. Proven chassis design with low cost maintenance at local Ford truck facilities.
- David R Pankoski, Florida

2020-01-21 2018 Winnebago Vista LX 30T View Listings

Great handling RV with sufficient power to climb any mountain pass. The Vista LX 30T has an open floor plan, an easy to use buffet table with hidden tv, overhead bunk and long lasting full body paint. The 30T comes with a 5000 lb hitch and tows really easy.
- Greg, Oregon