Venture RV SportTrek Reviews on RV Insider (43)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Venture RV SportTrek RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

C. Wright from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Venture RV SportTrek 327VIK View Listings

Purchased our trailer today. Tonight it came a good rain as I was packing the camper. I found myself standing in water from leaky windows. I can't speak for customer service yet.. But someone will be fixing this besides me.
- C. Wright, Florida

2020-10-01 2017 Venture RV SportTrek ST312VRK View Listings

I bought my travel trailer to travel for work in February 2017. When I pulled it to a RV park it was raining after I set it up none of the GFIC receptacles worked I called the dealer he said to bring it in when I was finished with it. I took it in and they could find nothing wrong with it. This has happen 3 times I have took it to dealer for just this problem. I have also taken it in for cabinet door falling off cabinets pulled away from wall not the wall paper is falling off the walls.The bad thing is I only use this for work no kids or pet .I would never recommend this product to anyone it is junk.
- Donald McNelley, Tennessee

2020-09-29 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We have spent three weekends so far camping in out Sporttrek And really live it. Had to do a little sealing around shower base to stop water from splashing over edges, and a outdoor stove had problems from factorybut was fixed by dealer. Small stuff you can expect when you purchase any camper but functionality of this camper is great. Lots of storage and outside kitchen is something I really enjoy.Great staff at AORG In Canton Texas is a dealer I recommend to friends.
- Dan Tousignant, Texas

2020-08-28 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 322VBH View Listings

Love the Sporttrek trailer.... functional all-season trailer. Layout worked well for our entire family. Having privacy for master and bunk area was a nice feature. Also, having a full tub for the kids was nice after a long day at the beach.
- Karen O'Malley, Virginia

2020-08-20 2015 Venture RV SportTrek ST270VBH View Listings

I could not be more happy with this RV. its been a dream for I and my family with copious space for kids and stuff. Outside cooking let me stay up late or wake up early without waking others. From a camout with friends or a huge space for 2, this RV is amazing. Its light, but at 30' its in the world of bigger stuff. It can manhandle small SUVs with V6s even if they are close to its towing since its so wide and tall vs the smaller suv. Once I got a big V8 pickup, it pulled exceptionally well.
- Ted, Colorado

2020-08-13 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

Have loved the bunkhouse concept! Great for our family of six. With today’s health concerns, rvs are the way to go! My husband works from home/rv 😊and I can can take the kids’ school assignments on the road. No cabin fever for this family! We can travel safely and bond as a family without being stuck at home. Love 1 1/2 baths!
- B Reid, Texas

2020-08-07 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 327VIK View Listings

I have owned 3 trailers before this one and by far this has been our favorite. The only issue we have had was with our battery from the dealership, they replaced immediately. We can’t wait to go camping.
- JR Sparks, Oklahoma

2020-08-05 2018 Venture RV SportTrek 2018 View Listings

Bedroom slide is leaking the whole floor is rotted out the design around bottom of slide is bad it let’s water run under slide like a house without gutters therefore water runs into the deck of the camper
- Randy swint, Tennessee

2020-07-09 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 322VBH View Listings

We Love this Trailer. The floor plan is incredible. We've pulled it over 16000 miles and it pulls well. We have upgraded the tires to Goodyear Endurance. Which I wish the factory would just install from the get go. We have had some issues but none that have made it unusable and the Manufacture has always taken care of it. They are in fact taking it after camping season to make repairs. We would by another Trailer or fifth wheel from them. Doug and Vicki
- Doug, Ohio

2020-06-12 2015 Venture RV SportTrek 280VRB View Listings

We have never had any problems with it, nice big trailer with lots of room, full size bed and outside kitchen. Our's is 2014 year, I'd give it 5 out of 5, it's a bargain if you find this model used and in a good shape
- Gabby, Saskatchewan

2020-04-06 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 327VIK View Listings

We love this camper. It was great for our young kids. We are just looking for something that we can take across country. The bunk area is amazing with the built in couch that turns into bed. Also the outdoor kitchen has everything you need. TV/sink/refrigerator, and stove.
- Kevin, Michigan

2020-03-05 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

Loved the floor plan online, even better when we saw it! Bought out of state following price enticements and availability and had a great experience with Amy at Colerain Family RV in Dayton Easy towing for the length, lots of unique features, like the big closet, 2 fireplaces, huge bedroom, power stab jacks, outdoor kitchen... This one ticked all of our wish list items. We did have a skylight leak right away, but called the manufacturer and found a local service facility who had it in and out very quickly, Tri City RV was great! Looking forward to longer stays and new adventures!
- Jan T, Michigan

2020-03-05 2016 Venture RV SportTrek 290VIK View Listings

Bought this unit in April of 2016 and used it one weekend before storing it. Took it to Florida in March of 2017 for two weeks. Was stored again until February of 2018, when it was once again taken to Florida. This trip it was left in Florida and stored at the resort's lot. Overall we really like this RV, nice floorplan, plenty of storage and only one minor problem - the awning lights, which I replaced myself. The issue we are having is with all the upholstery. Keep in mind we are in our mid 70's, have no young kids, and only use this RV for two months a year. The vinyl everywhere is cracking and flaking off. The worst is on the recliners, especially the arms. We have never experienced anything like this on any other RV we have ever owned. Tried to contact the seating manufacturer and KZ but have not gotten a response. Looks like I'll have to fix this myself.
- Fred Naz, Michigan

2020-02-12 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We like our RV. But we're having a couple of major issues. I have called Ventura RV but after talking to someone about them, they're not returning my calls. I will never recommend a Ventura RV, thay don't fallow thru with there warranty. Thay have no regard for there customers. I will hilly not recommend them. It's horrible customer service.
- Bart Midkiff, Oregon

2020-01-31 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 320VIK View Listings

I would not recommend this travel trainer to anyone I bought it new feb 2018 used it one time and had to take it back to dealer for gfic plugs not working this has happen 2 times all ready and dealer can't find the problem the valance have fell off 3 times from over the window cabinet door has fell off and now the heater does not work I use this travel trailer for work it is junk and can't get any help from dealer or the company
- Donald Mcnelley, Tennessee

2020-01-12 2018 Venture RV SportTrek 343VIK View Listings

Let me just say if I didn’t enjoy camping so much I would be giving this adventure up....DO NOT EVER BUY A CAMPER FROM Stoltzfus Rv or manufactured by KZ/Venture Rv....they do not stand by their product...esp when it has been a lemon from day 1....this camper picked upon January 2018 has been nothing but problems...it now needs a completely new slide out...which the manufacturer says is too out of warranty to pay for...excuse me this has been an ongoing problem since it was returned to Stoltzfus RV in Westchester not even realizing this was a much bigger problem than some caulking they put on the area at the time. Like I have said before when we picked up camper after they “supposedly” fixed the problems...when in reality THEY created additional problems....they parked it out front and NEVER went over the repairs...the person in charge that day was rude and acted like we were nothing but a bother to him that day even though they knew we were coming. They had nothing ready to travel with this camper..thank heavens we at least checked inside but at that point could not even verify that all the problems were completed. For the manufacturer to say these issues were out of the warranty period is just wrong! This trailer was covered by a manufacturers warranty, a Forever Warranty which costs me over $300 a year to get the inspections needed for this warranty to continue “forever” plus an extended warranty I paid an additional amount for and NONE of this really covers anything. To say I’m beyond fed up is an understatement
- Bonnie boop, Pennsylvania

2019-12-30 2015 Venture RV SportTrek 323VFL View Listings

we purchased this TV in April 2016. it has been a great coach, buy is very heavy hauling even with our dodge 2500 diesel. very disappointed that this year we had bubbles and fractures in the fiberglass. confirmed with dealer that it was not lack of maintenance. it's about a 4 to 5 thousand repair. manufacture will not evaluate to see If it is a defect because it's out of the 1 year warranty. beware!!
- toni harper, Ohio

2019-12-10 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 271VRB View Listings

Build quality is so-so. Every hot and cold water piping connection at a tap set leaked, all only finger tight(Both inside and outside kitchen, bathroom sink, indoor and outdoor shower). Dealer has adjusted the slide as much as possible and it is still about 3/8" off level. Entertainment player IR remote cable and FM antenna cable were attached to rear of unit wrong (crossed). The screws on slide bracket were too long and through the carpet under the dinette table along the outer wall. Every panel I opened up to address issues had debris from construction laying in the area (sawdust, panel cutouts for piping and wiring etc). Thankfully everything was addressed under warranty by the dealer in a timely fashion.
- Rob, Ontario

2019-12-02 2017 Venture RV SportTrek ST327VIK View Listings

We purchased a sportrek 327vik in October 2018, brand new, never sold from dealer we purchased. We submitted tickets for repairs under warranty in February 2019. Just a 5 short months after we bought it. It is December 1 2019, and we are still without a camper. We were told that the second round of claims in september weren't under warranty. Our camper is now completely unfixable due to water damage throughout the entire camper, and we get the run around when we call to speak to anyone at venture. And yes, we are still paying for a camper we haven't used since February.
- Desiree Easley, Alabama

2019-11-16 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 336VRK View Listings

Found this one on a rv lot. Absolutely loved the floor plan! Went over it and everything seemed great. I am new to this camper thing and I wish someone had warned me if the Venture products. Have only had it two months and have found that the craftsmanship is the worst!! Seems very cheaply made once you get into it a little deeper. Everything leaks!!!!!!! Every slide, every seal, and just felt under the headboard in bedroom and it’s got water pouring in from underneath the headboard...... no clue where it’s coming from. Very poorly insulated and very thin flooring. Had mice the first night we used it. They are underneath the cabinet area and plenty of space for them but no way to get to them. They are getting in because zero of the homes for plumbing are sealed up. Pretty much gives the mice a ladder right into the camper. Just had repair man leave again and his comment was venture makes the cheapest most expensive crap! Absolutely junk and would never suggest anyone buy one!!! Straight from his mouth. I regret getting this camper!
- Lacy pierce, Kentucky

2019-10-17 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We bought a new 2020 Venture SportTrek mostly because we like the floor plan and the tow weight was within the range we were looking. We didn’t cheap out, and had electric jacks installed as well as the rear camera and this seemed to be ok quality. Our first trip out I noticed that the drain plug/plunger in the bathroom would not sit up and allow drainage. I had other warranty work (an awning that you could actually see light through in one spot) and asked the dealer (United RV Fort Worth) to check it out. They did and reported that it was the way it was supposed to be and the rep actually went and looked at another SportTrek on the floor and confirmed it too was the same. Really, a drain plug you have to completely remove from the sink to drain water? I contacted the manufacturer to be told “The stopper is as designed.” When I went to pick up the trailer I looked at three other brands of trailers on the floor to see that they all had the ability for the plug to sit up to allow drainage and I took pics and sent them to the maker to show what should happen. They don’t care. Also when I picked up the trailer the bathroom door was askew and would not close. The rep told me that was because the slide was out and the ground was uneven. Since the dealer returned my trailer to me with a dead battery I had no choice but to bring it home to charge it up before putting it away in storage. Once I leveled it, dropped the jacks and put out the slide, the bathroom door would still not close without force! I tried pulling in the slide and it made no difference. We spent a lot of money on this for our traveling in retirement. If a dealer and manufacturer can’t even make a sink with a functioning drain and think that is “as designed” what kind of quality can I expect down the road? (No pun intended). I am very concerned and I would not have bought this if I knew then what I know now.
- Mark Allison, Texas

2019-10-17 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

Our first trip out we noticed the bathroom drain plug would not sit up to allow water to drain. The dealer told us this is normal. Are you kidding me!? I contacted KZ, the manufacturer and they told me it is "working as designed". If they cant even make a sink plunger that only works when completely removed, I am very nervous about the overall quality and durability. Yes, one is expected to remove the stopper completely if you want to drain water. I took pics of three other brands and sent them to KZ to show this should not be normal (they all would have an up position to allow drainage. It didnt matter to them. This is a new 2020 model and already the bathroom door wont close after the dealer put the slide out. Buyers beware of the lack of support.
- Mark Allison, Texas

2019-10-13 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 290VIK View Listings

I would like to start by saying we love the camper and its layout. MODEL 290VIK. In that being said, I would think when you pay over 32,000.00 for a trailer the quality would have been better. I would like to state the issues I had, the first the freezer door was dented and the unit is not sitting in the spot correctly, the refrigerator door was so out of alignment it was hitting the trim on the bottom the side the door opens on. (pic) The shelving on the counter area had no support, the area where the hot water tank sits had a support that was short and wasn’t mounted (pic) Two of the screws that hold the blinds came out. (I had to fix) The chair had to get repaired had a rip in the material. (Dealers idea) (Should have been able to get replaced) Had two add trim along the table seat as you could see the jagged edge from the saw cut. The support that the couch was made out of 2 x 4’s were stapled and was very un-stable. All I had to do was screw the boards together to provide the support that was needed. Poor design / craftsmanship. The water fitting for the toilet was not tightened properly causing the fitting to leak water, I had to tighten. The sink in the bathroom is set back so far you hit your head on the cupboard above. The cupboard above is mounted to low as you cannot even see yourself in the mirror without bending over. Hence causing head to hit cupboard. The holes that were drilled for the rivets that hold the shower walls up were on an angle so the rivet doesn’t seat properly. This could allow water to get behind them. ( I told the dealer but they were of no help with this) Poor craftsmanship. The inside of the shower where they caulked along the back of the door were the door is mounted was done poorly, areas where there is no caulking Poor craftsmanship (pic) There is a hole under the shower for the plumbing, this hole was made to large as you could see it if you bumped the shower basin with your foot, I had to mount a piece of wood behind to correct it. (Check if have pic) The converter for the electrical in the bathroom cupboard is causing the metal objects in that cupboard to corrode, top hinge and also the toilet holder I mounted in that cupboard. Told dealer he replaced the hinge and didn’t correct the cause (pic) what are you going to do to correct this? Air flow to the bedroom was poor, found a piece of foil blocking the vent (pic) The stabilizer jacks are mounted on a piece of metal that mounts to the trailer Poor design / craftsmanship doesn’t keep the trailer from shaking. (had to remount myself) (pic) The screws that hold the caps onto the awning were stripped, I had to put rivets. Hood vent for stove was mounted with screws that were on such an angle it didn’t hit the wood to hold it up. I had to fix this issue. There were two holes that were not filled with foam that lead to the outside. The floor has sticky spots all over I had to get it removed. (Dealer should have had this covered) This is a 30 foot camper and you supply a 30 foot cord unable to connect to the electrical without having to use another cord. Poor design on the electrical cord location. (Tried to get dealer to provide a longer cord and I would pay the difference wouldn’t do it) Poor location on the city water hookup. One electrical outlet on the outside of the camper located at the back of the trailer when would this ever get used. Why wouldn’t it be under the awning area where ever other manufacture puts them? If I had to rate this camper I would give it a 2 star rating because of all the things I had to do to get this camper in working order, if it wasn’t for me knowing how to make these corrections someone would have had to have this at the dealer for several weeks to get this completed. SAD If they would have taken some pride in their work many of these issues could have been avoided and not occurred.
- Wiliam Neumann, Michigan

2019-08-27 2020 Venture RV SportTrek ST327VIK View Listings

We love our new Sport Trek. First thing, you don’t see very many! My favorite thing about our model is that the seating area is on the camp side. So many RVs we looked at have the kitchen on the camp side. Now, we have a huge king-U dinnette overlooking our camp side and not the neighbors. Floor plan is perfect. Tows great when properly balancing the load. Kids love the bunkhouse. Getting around the master bed is tight, but I knew that when I bought it. I typically go through the bathroom to get to my side. Storage is plentiful! Love the double frameless awnings with wind sensor. The integrated Bluetooth LevelMatePRO is awesome. Only thing I wish it had was power stabilization, but my impact driver works fine. Only issue I’ve had is I have a loose connection in my antenna that I need to find. Reception is poor. Other than that, highly recommend the Sport Trek! Bought at Colerain RV in Delaware, OH.
- James P., Ohio

2019-08-21 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 343VIK View Listings

I bought the RV to just live in temporarily when I moved for a new job. The dealer delivered it to the campground about 100 yards from the dealer and after a week had the belly fill up with water from the P trap in the shower leaking. The dealer service tech. came to the campground to fix it since it was so close and after he fixed the trap I had water leaking from under bathroom sink,island sink. The electrical system in the front of the outside storage area worked half the time and the tv outside just quit working after about 2 months of using it maybe twice. After a year it hasn’t been as bad as some of the reviews we had a couple of windows leak after 3 months in the hot humid weather in southern Louisiana but only in severe storms. The propane regulator and rubber hose rotted and dual valve broke after about 6 months so I got to the point that I wasn’t going to deal with the manufacturer or dealer anymore due to getting the runaround and it was too aggravating and probably would of ended up behind bars so I just fixed it myself and I will NEVER EVER buy anything from this manufacturer again cause you don’t get what you pay for so spend a little more money and get one in the top 10 RV to own cause this one is dead last. Me and my family own 5 RVs and are not new to any of this but the RV my parents bought 30 years ago is in better shape than this one and the only road time it has on it is 100 yards.
- Matt Hough, Louisiana