Venture RV Sonic

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Venture RV Sonic RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Robert Partin from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Venture RV Sonic SN220VBH View Listings

My wife and I researched travel trailers for about 7 months. We started with teardrops and moved up based on the fact that the weight difference did not justify what we would give up in space and features. We were planning on buying a Micro Minnie but, at the last minute, we watched some videos on our top choices and decided that the money would be better spent on the Sonic. The Winnebago murphy bed did not really compare to what we got in the Sonic. There was also a much roomier feel. The slide out is also deeper on the Sonic. We had several features that we had decided were "musts". A 6cf fridge/freezer, Room in the bathroom to change, black tank flush and power on the awning and tongue jack. We also really like the huckbolt frame and the one piece roof. We are very pleased with the Sonic and would recommend it to others.
- Robert Partin, Texas

2021-04-21 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

My wife and I had purchased this unit new. We love the layout and the storage. The murphy bed is easy to raise and lower and adds so much interior space. the bathroom may be a bit too big. We are currently going to trade this one in for another one with a slide out. Love our Sonic and look forward to the new one.
- Greg Bajorek, Michigan

2021-04-21 2021 Venture RV Sonic 231VRL View Listings

This trailer has the most awesome floor plan! All of our friends that have seen it have commented how it feels like a tiny little apartment rather than a travel trailer. There is loads and loads of storage space. The open floor plan makes this a great trailer for 4 people very comfortably up to 6 crowded. It tows fantastic behind our Dodge Durango, I have weight distribution but no sway control. I've had the trailer a month and we've spent 6 nights/8 days camping in it. I love the dual electric/LP gas refrigerator that has tons of room and works great on the 4 out of 5 level setting. The trailer is pretty airtight and insulation is fair. With the vent fan in the bedroom going, you can feel the suction being drawn on the first window that you open. But, it is still a travel trailer and cools off quickly if it is cold outside. The A/C unit (15K in ours) works great and you can barely hear the compressor running. I did adjust the thermostat on the ceiling control panel so the A/C would keep running colder, but I've had to do that with every Coleman Mach ceiling A/C and you can find the instructions on youtube. The back of the water heater is very accessible under the bathroom sink - take two screws holding a panel on and the back of the water heater is there. The little cubby holes behind the closets in the bedroom are fantastic for CPAP machines. But, there is no 12v outlet there if you want to power a CPAP from the battery. I replaced the 2-port USB charging outlets with a combination outlet with 2 USB ports and a 12v outlet to plug my CPAP 12v power supply into. The lights above the bed are too bright. I replaced both lights with dual color dimming fixtures. The motion sensor lights in the bathroom, entry door, and pass through storage are very handy, but there is only one on the passenger side of pass through storage. There should be a second one on the driver's side. The bad. The grey water tank seems to fill up very quickly. With only 2 of us we will only last 3 days. The kitchen sink itself holds 1/3 gray water capacity. You can add an extra sewer twist on waste valve to your dump connection that will allow you to open the installed grey water dump valve and then the black water dump valve and you can equalize the grey water tank into the black water tank and get some extra capacity. The fresh water fill connection is on the passenger side (door side) of the trailer. Makes it inconvenient in most locations to fill the fresh water tank where their faucet is more than likely going to be on driver's side. The outside shower is all the way around in the middle of the driver side wall, again a very inconvenient location. The outlet and switch for the TV antenna is inconveniently located behind the TV making it hard to turn off if you want to save battery power. The installed TV antenna works better than the antenna in our previous trailer, though. The water pump is located under the kitchen counter and you have to remove the two under sink drawers to get to it. The plumbing under there is a mess and many of the tubes will vibrate against the walls when the water pump is running making it very noisy (makes more noise than the A/C running!) I need to get back under there and straighten things out. That is also where the connection for antifreeze suction is for winterizing, very inconvenient. Several plumbing connections were not tightened at the factory and had to tighten all of them in the bathroom - under the bathroom sink faucet, behind the toilet, and the shower. They are screw on fittings and you just have to give them 1/2 turn or so with channel lock (water pump) pliers. None of the screens on the windows were fully clipped into place, and you have to be very careful to get them in just right so you bend/break the clips in the screens. Then don't ever pull them back off! On the rear emergency exit window, one of the red buckles had an adjusting bolt that was stripped. This caused the buckle to become cocked at an angle and bent the arms inside the buckle causing the exit window to loosen. I repaired that myself. The sliding doors for the bathroom/bedroom have cheap plastic straps with snaps to hold them open when travelling and nothing to keep them closed. I added cabinet spring latches on both the open and closed sides of both doors to help hold them in either position. I am also going to add the simple hook and eye type latches on the open side to do away with the cheap plastic straps. No real place for a toilet paper holder in the bathroom. I cut a square out of the sink cabinet door and mounted an in-the-wall type TP holder there. Overall it is a great trailer and we love the open floor plan in the living area.
- John Havercroft, Oregon

2021-04-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Bought new June 2016, love the layout design of this R.V. with big bathroom and murphy bed; tows great. Unfortunately, craftsmanship and building of this R.V. sucks. Larry, Moe and Curly could have done a better job. Stay away from VENTURE SONIC/ K.C. company R.V. products Have had to repair or replace stove parts and furnace this year; but the biggest problem discovered the end of last fall 2020 was the floor along shower, dinning table and door had rotted completely from water damage. Apparently this water damage had been occurring for some time. After noticing leaky drain joints from kitchen sink when first bought, I had tightened all water and drain connections, and kept check. Did repair work myself, and found most destruction at front and back of wheel wells where there was a 1/2 inch square gap in each corner where wall of wheel well attached to frame, and was filled with putty. There was also no support left, rotted away. Had early on discovered there was hardly any support under shower floor which I fixed to prevent water leaking around drain. Good layout design, piss poor work on building and quality. Will never buy any R.V. from KZ./ VENTURE AGAIN!!!
- GEORGE SHUFLAT, Tennessee

2020-12-06 2015 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

We bought our 2015 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB at the end of May 2015. July 1st 2015 we started living in the camper fulltime, 24 hrs/day, 7 days/wk, 365 days/yr except for a 4 month stent where we didn't. We absolutely love the layout, it is great for 2 people full time. They say the camper is not made to live in,so with that in mind, we have done a great job of doing that. Ee did lise our hot water heater but that was only due to user error. The quality could be a little better, like they could use nails or screws instead of staples; that can be fixed. Would we buy another one, YES! The cost vs the money we saved is incredible. We really enjoy our Venture Sonic.
- Amy Hansen, Maine

2020-10-12 2016 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

We purchased the Sonic Venture brand new in September of 2015. Almost 1 year and 1/2 later the back of the trailer was already warping. Have had several issues with this and is increasingly getting worse to the point where the bathroom floor and wall have now separated. Just this weekend on our way to do some camping we almost lost the black water holding rank due to the severe rot. When we arrived it was half off. I would never ever consider purchasing anything from this company again. Very poor quality and craftsmanship.
- Rene Gonzalez, Florida

2020-09-26 2020 Venture RV Sonic SN190VRB View Listings

My wife and I are brand new to RVing and Travel Trailers. After looking at various makes and models, we fell in love with the Sonic SN190VRB. It's the perfect size for the 2 of us and fit the towing specs needed for our Chevy Colorado 4x4. The layout really maximizes the space available in a smaller trailer. We have never felt cramped or crowded. The Murphy Bed concept is great as it gives us that extra needed seating when the bed is stored. One of the main reasons we went with the Sonic was the large rear bathroom. Most trailers our size had the bathroom in the middle of the trailer-which rendered the bathrooms small and tight. Having the full bathroom in the rear makes for ample room and really opens up the "living" area. The nice thing we liked about the Sonic was the 1-piece fiberglass roof. We read many reviews on other makes and models and roof leaks seemed to be a big issue. So far, with the 1-piece design, we haven't had any issues. As of this review, we have had our trailer for 3-1/2 months and have been out on four 3-4 day trips without any major issues at all. We had a couple of very minor fixes we had to do (light cover popped off, a piece of molding popped off, the storage door was tough to open, etc), but none of the major issues I have seen posted with other make and models. Hopefully our luck holds up and we can continue to truly enjoy our Sonic for years to come.
- Randy Charlton, California

2020-08-20 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

My husband and I thought long and hard about the type of trailer we wanted and were really delighted with the Sonic - right size, had all the features we wanted, couldn’t wait to enjoy many camping trips. However, it developed a very bad leak behind the refrigerator - so bad that it required the whole back end and part of the bathroom to be rebuilt. We contacted the dealer we bought it from - oh, sorry, not under warranty, contact the manufacturer. Which we did, only to be given the runaround, we’ll get back to you, I need to talk to my supervisor, etc., etc. The trailer was only a couple of years old at this point. We bit the bullet and had the very expensive repairs done. And have enjoyed several camping trips since then. But today, when my husband went out to do some work on it, guess what - another leak, exactly same place, mold growing. I would say it is a design/manufacturing flaw. Needless to say, we are NEVER going to buy another Sonic, and can’t wait to trade this one in (if we can get anyone to buy it). Would hate someone else to end up in the same situation.
- Glenda Milor, Florida

2020-08-07 2020 Venture RV Sonic 231VRL View Listings

Me and my husband have been researching for 3 years and we kept coming back to the Sonic 231. First trip out everything worked great! Only thing we had an issue with was a small snag in the mattress, dealership said to use until the fall and they would get a new one from the factory. Factory had it waiting at the dealership.
- F Collier, North Carolina

2020-07-21 2019 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

I chose the 19' Sonic RV (2019) because it is aesthetically pleasing, light weight, twin axle, has a large fresh-water tank, great floor plan (for solo travel), good cupboard storage for a 19', and a corner shower with doors. Pulls very well behind my diesel Touareg SUV, I don't use any load-leveling or anti-sway device. Got the optional rear-facing camera, adjusted it up, have a large wireless screen on the dash, and therefore don't use trailering mirrors. This is only my 2nd weekend camping since purchase, but unfortunately, I have had problems. The fridge doesn't work, and I'm using a cooler while awaiting a replacement. The first time I pulled the stopper and emptied the kitchen sink, the water rushed out from under the cabinet on the floor. The hot water tank does not heat on electric. The standard red 'lock' lever on the door doesn't lock. Hopefully these things will be rectified by the dealer. Also, the vent is 1-speed with only a 5" fan blade, and the unit is subject to a recall because it leaks. Velcro pads glued to the dinette cushions peeled off. The inside cabinetry is very cheaply made, all glued and stapled, low-quality throughout (admittedly, the unit lists at a low price, so I didn't expect quality). No 12v plug inside (for coolers, etc.). The AC unit blows 80% rear/20% front, so the bathroom is freezing and the couch/bed area is warm. Stovetop has no way to ignite the flame, it must be lit manually. The Sonic 19 is highly towable so great for road trips, but is cheaply made inside.
- Thomas Richards, Ontario

2020-07-08 2016 Venture RV Sonic 234VBH View Listings

Love the floor plan, bought in 2018 from an RV dealer. But like reading others, our back bathroom wall started dimpling and leaked, we took the wall apart, it was all rotted! You touched the wood and it turns to dust! Wish I could include photo’s! Looks like black mold! Luckily my husband is a talented carpenter and we are fixing, even the dimples, so disappointed after only 3 years and still making payments! Bought this in Idaho and drove up! I guess you never know what is behind those walls! As I say we love the floor plan, but would never replace with another Sonic!
- Jacqueline Hanson, Alaska

2020-04-02 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

Bought this camper new after 5 months we found water under the refrigerator called the dealer and was told drain hose must be not set right. Brought it back to the dealer before the warranty was up and they zip tied the hose and said we should be good to go. They also stated there was water marks on the wood under the refrigerator. We were camping 9 months later and found a soft spot by the door. Contacted KZ (Venture) and was told it was our problem and fault. It turns out that the vent for the refrigerator was never sealed properly when it was built at the factory. This company is awful to work with. Instead of repairing the problem like a responsible company would they had us repair and pay for the repair ourselves. Beware of this company they got their money and we got all the heart aches. Stay away from their products.
- Beaterman, Kansas

2020-01-09 2014 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

My first travel trailer purchase. Traveled a day's journey from Tennessee to save $4000. NEGATIVES - Year 1 problems were: missing bolt in spring shackle, major delamination of rear wall due to leaking clearance lights, fender liner came loose, back of dining booth seat came apart, interior LED lights caused major RFI preventing watching broadcast TV. Later years: outside speakers not working well, axle/bearing problems on one wheel, more chassis rust than expected. Worried about resale/trade-in in the future. Never got help from MFG on delamination, just lived with it and recaulked the clearance lights myself. POSITIVES - Love the layout for two persons. Like the general appearance. Pleased with my Andersen hitch and easy pull with 5.7 Hemi Ram 2500. Trailer kept under a shelter when not on the road.
- TopTN, Tennessee

2020-01-05 2019 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

Since buying this unit 7-8 months ago we have been out in it 6 times. We have taken it up the mountain and “boondocked”, as well as used it in full hook up parks. We were able to get 3 nights out of it off the grid with no problems just so long as we conserved power and watched out grey tank. We love how large the rear bathroom is! We have found the construction to be solid, with only one small issue being one of the stabilizer jacks fell off which was quickly replaced under warranty. Cabinetry feels sturdy, bed is comfortable, and all the appliances work well. We have had zero plumbing or electrical issues. This unit has a sink in the outdoor kitchen which is rare! Having the one piece fiberglass body has made cleaning easy and we have had zero leaks. Only wish they had put a ladder to get to the roof. It’s the two of us and two dogs. It can get crowded if there is any more than that inside, and we do occasionally say we wish we sprung for something a little bigger. That said for the length, weight and overall floor plan it’s well laid out and you get a lot in a smaller package. We tow with a 5.6 V8 2018 Silverado 1500 with zero problems. Of course we invested in a sway bar and weight distribution. I barely know the trailer is there when towing. Overall a quality trailer with many features for the price and size! Pros: Weight, large bathroom, comfortable bed, huge dinette, solid surface countertops, heated and inclosed underbelly, tow-ability, double axels, interior height, lots of interior storage, construction quality. Cons: No place for shoes when you enter trailer, awning doesn’t cover outdoor kitchen, slide out is elevated and not flush with interior floor, no oven, small pass thru openings, no rear hitch receiver for bike/storage rack.
- Tyler Eugene, Oregon

2019-12-31 2018 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

This is our 2nd Venture RV. The first was a 2017 Sonic Lite 150VRK. Pulled with a 2017 Subaru Outback 4 cyl. Have the Hensley Cub Arrow hitch. Expensive but well,well worth it. Made 4 trips form Mississippi to the north east. Washington Vermont and Virginia. Towed good even with the small Subaru it was ok. For the wife and I it was ok for the two of us. Only problem was a small leak on the back connection of the toliet. Went to Lowes and repaired it. Traded it in for a 2018 220 VRB. More room, a slideout, and outside kitchen. Now being towed by a 2019 Dodge Durango V6. Still use the Hensley Cub Arrow hitch. We have made 2 trips back to the North East coast area. No complaints. Pulls fine. Changed out the bathroom fan for a Fantastic Fan. And bought it from a dealer who offers a life time warranty on the camper. Leaks and all power accessories included. Hope to never use em. I read all reviews and understand some problems. So far we are not one. P.S. bought a case of tubes of Dicor. Caulked the entire camper. Never had a problem of leaks and didnt want any. Did the same with Sonic Lite 150 VRK. We checked out other campers and seems they all have issues from time to time. Its like a boat there is always something to fiddle with. Oh yes we keep our camper under a carport.
- Mike and Mary Harrington, Mississippi

2019-11-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

We had the unit for two and a half years. Bought it due to light weight, floor plan, accessories and design. We noticed two years into ownership the bathroom floor was spongy and upon inspection was found to be rotting out due to water/wetness below the floor from unknown source. Floor joists and plywood needed to be replaced. Water source ingress was a mystery and repair shop sealed everything possible and pressure tested all lines to find source. After repairs completed we traded the unit off. Lost loads of money and faith in this company.
- Don Snell, Alberta

2019-10-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Bought new. Only good thing is floor plan. Had leaks under kitchen sink on first trip. Awning came loose from body which dealer did fix. After four years skin has developed dimples on rear and front causing marker lights to leak water into rear bathroom. Neither dealer or Venture, K-Z will address the dimples. Or why they occurred. They know there is a problem but refuse to address. All maintenance has been kept up on this unit but dealer kept referring back to maintenance. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and any of there products.
- M.T., Ohio

2019-02-20 2015 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

I Bought My Sonic 190 Used and from None Sonic Dealer. And contacted the Venture for information and items we wanted. And have has been a pleasure to work With helpful courteous and Knowledgeable Made the dicision to purchase, of our RV satisfying knowing I have a company so nice to work with if needed that stands behind there product
- norman boucher, Connecticut

2018-12-11 2019 Venture RV Sonic 220VBH View Listings

They don’t have our model to review, it’s actually a 2019 Venture SportTrek touring addition 343VBH We bought this brand new and have had nothing but problems with it! We’ve stayed in it two months. An rv repairman came out 2 weeks into it and had to fix wiring issues and a fireplace. Two weeks after that our grey water tank fell out of the bottom of the rv. They “fixed” it and 10 days later it started to fall again. We are stationary until May, and the underneath is bowing again like the tank is either falling or it’s holding water. Our sink has fallen, bathroom door isn’t lined up and won’t close, there’s a space between the ceiling and bunk doorframe that continues to get bigger. Problem after problem it’s a piece of junk for being brand new and paying what we did. And the place we bought it from doesn’t want to do a trade in and is giving us the run around. Never buy a Venture!
- Timber , Oklahoma

2018-11-27 2019 Venture RV Sonic 220VBH View Listings

We did a lot of research before buying this trailer as our second Travel trailer as we had a long list of requirements based on our experience with other trailers and camper vans. Some of the requirements were a full bathroom with sink and glass shower doors, a slide with dinette, a Murphy bed with couch, a usable kitchen counter; all within our tow vehicle limits of 7200 lbs gross weight and, more importantly max tongue weight of 575 lbs. (Mercedes ML350 Bluetec diesel). This is actually hard to do! We have been very pleased with this trailer on our month long break-in trip of over 5000 km (3000 miles) to Glacier National Park and the Canadian Rockies National parks. It tows very well making over 20 mpg (Imperial) in the Rockies ( diesels are great). It is very livable even with 4 adults. Unlike a lot of other travel trailers we considered, it appears the designers have actually gone RVing themselves; there are lots of nice touches like the hidden phone recharge cabinet with outlet, double sink, large fridge, slam latch storage doors, lots of storage, etc. Unlike some of the other reviewers, we have not had any serious issues (perhaps not yet!) other than a screw vibrating loose on the heater cover. As with most travel trailers it is built from very light materials in order to get the weight down, so you can’t expect solid construction. It does meet the requirements. It has a very noisy water pump but putting some foam pipe insulation on the pipes near the pump helped a lot. I have also bought an accumulator tank to help as well (installation is a next Spring project). I gave it lower marks on towability due to weight distribution issues. Even though specs read that it has a 1000 lb payload, this doesn’t include the air conditioner nor electric hitch which adds weight and decreases payload. It also does not include the propane nor water weight. After transferring our stuff from our old Jayco along with a few other new things we found the Sonic was overloaded by about 70 lbs without any fresh oe waste water on board. Once we unloade to within limits we had to carefully manage the loading to keep the tongue weight down including running only one battery since it sits directly on the tongue, and substituting a five lb propane tank for one of the twenty lb tanks (40 lbs with propane loaded). So despite the copious storage area you can’t stuff them. If you have a vehicle with better tongue weight specs life will be easier. Our pack-up routine consists of draining both waste and fresh water tanks and making sure tongue weight is under 275 lbs. But all things considered this is a great trailer for long trips within ou tow vehicles Cleo limits.
- Chuck S, British Columbia

2018-06-27 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Excellent floor plan for two people and that is it! Going to list the items we had issues with in no specific order and note that I had to perform all repairs myself as the dealer was not reliable: Entry door would not close, major fix All sinks leaked Plumbing leaks in Kitchen, bathroom sink, toilet Microwave scratched and died Microwave falling out, not secured Flooring improperly installed - yellow spots from glue Queen bed frame wobbly, added bracing All cabinetry screws loose All window blind shades came off wall due to screws stripped Water leak in bathroom rear wall major fix Shower floor not supported major fix Floor in bathroom has sink hole major fix No bed struts for easy lifting I added hydraulic shocks No receptacle in kitchen counter by stove, I added one for coffee maker Awning arms came loose from trailer major fix All wiring under trailer had to redone and properly clamped Fridge died due to arcing from bad crimps I had to replace main board no warranty Front circuit breaker on trailer A-Frame died due to bad crimps Front bedroom closets hanger rods came down due to stripped screws All lights blinking due to bad crimps All lights still flickered due to bad crimps on wall switches All ceiling light fixtures loose due to stripped screws Kitchen window hard to open major fix Outside shower leaked Outside shower door fell open while travelling Insufficient bracing on rear and front curved wall, should be 12" centres not 24", no fix I can do, fibreglass is flexing bad - praying that it holds Bathroom exhaust fan intermittent bad crimps The quality from Venture is very very poor, 0 out of ten. If you are mechanically inclined and Jack of all trades STAY away from buying this trailer, we seen that the new builds under Thor ownership is same!
- Doodles, Ontario

2017-12-17 2016 Venture RV Sonic 170VRD View Listings

We bought this camper and really love everything about the design. We had window leak issues, water under cabinet issues and a leaking sky light. It seems the warranty just happened to expire weeks earlier but while on our trips we did contact out sales rep who told us not to worry just enjoy and they will take care of it when we re turn. Surprise they won't.
- Debbie, Illinois

2017-07-26 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

Venture Sonic Trailer has a niece layout, looks good and towing is great. That's about all because within the first year of ownership so many things went wrong with the trailer. I'LL start with the major problems first. The AC unit died on vacation and had to be replaced. Make sure you contact the manufacturer first for a repair authorization otherwise they will not pay for the ac unit to be replaced. Even if you're on vacation and kept the old unit. The battery box had no drain holes so the box filled with rain water and the battery shorted out. The rear bathroom wall started leaking rain water. Manufacturer advised they are aware of the leak due to they installed the rear red marker lights at the curve of the trailer wall so the lights can not seat properly. No recall was given by company. No local dealers would do warranty work for the leak so Venture RV wanted me to drive my trailer 4 hours to the dealer where I bought it so Venture RV could pick it up and return it to the factory for repairs. That was bad enough but the repairs would take over three months to complete. Venture RV would not offer a loaner trailer. When I asked Venture RV if the fix would be done correctly the agent for Venture RV said "The workers who do warranty work on the trailer are much better than the workers who built the trailer." The Agent was not kidding which shocked me! Upon opening the rear wall of the trailer it was discovered that horrible craftsmanship was done with wood debris, wire clippings and even "garbage", yes garbage from lunch someone had, inside the walls. Every single through-wall fixture on the trailer was leaking water due to inferior gaskets that were all cracked and leaking. Thor Industries who owns Venture RV ignored my many letters sent to all of them. They refused to answer my question of why my trailer was so badly made. Well I could not trust Venture RV to fix the trailer and instead paid for all expenses except for a wall panel, four pieces of molding and a new monitor panel I got Venture RV to send me to replace what was damaged. This was a very small gesture for everything that was wrong, what I had to go thru and their poor customer service. I would not recommend anyone purchasing a Sonic trailer from Venture RV, with out proof (if they can) that they have fixed these issues and also why they would not answer any letters sent to them. I could not write everything that was wrong with this trailer in this review, so I opened a blog at mysonictrailer.com to help consumers before purchasing a trailer and if they already own a trailer like mine.
- Stephen Baglietto, Florida

2017-07-10 2014 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

I really don't know my model, I looked all over that camper. I tried to replace my outside shower faucet. I needed to remove 10 screws and pull the mounting box out. it would not move out more than a 1/2 inch. Needed at least 6 inches to get it out to remove the faucet. I called venture help desk and was told to leave a message. Upset because I cant hook up water until I get it replaced. No call back 4 hours later. I tore the closet apart and found the problem. When built there was no slack put into the water hoses. I tore some other stuff out trying to get slack in hoses. No good. The water hoses are fiddle string tight. Venture probably save $3 on water hose. I had to stand on my head and disconnect the faucet from the inside of the closet, hook back up the same way. Otherwise I like my sonic.
- richard card, Iowa

2017-07-08 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

We previously owned a TADA. Enjoyed it immensely however my wife wanted something bigger and more livable. Based on advertising literature we selected a 19'Sonic by Venture. Nearest dealer was in Oregon who we found very difficult to deal with. We arrived on New Years Eve to decide if this is what we wanted. We agreed and purchased. Towed magnificently. Perfect floor plan. Lighting system perfect. All features worked well in the freezing temperatures. However, The first time we attempted to raise the window coverings the lower screws holding the blinds in place pulled out on all windows. Easy fix with super glue. Next, the first time we sat in the bench chair next to the door it failed completely. The small bracket securing the chair back was totally inadequate. Also an easy fix. Replaced the small bracket with a piano hinge and glued and reinforced the entire bench chair assembly. Now OK. Bed assembly wobbly, another easy fix. reinforced and installed lifts so we could access area under bed. Found large hole in floor under Kitchen sink allowing for plumbing access and freezing air. Another easy fix with insulating foam. After first trip found awning hardware pulling away from outside of trailer. Not so easy fix. Replaced all securing hardware with more substantial hardware. After first year outside covering at front has 3 distinct dents only a cosmetic issue at this time. Interior cabinetry just OK. Wiring for tank monitoring damn poor. Little fine wiring hanging down below axel broken. Not a hard fix however so poorly done initially it needs to be entirely replaced. Tank gauges totally inaccurate. Do not know if there is a solution. It would be nice if all controls were located in one convenient location. Water pump, water heater and water gauges in bathroom. Thermostat on wall, and Audio visual almost inaccessible behind TV. It appears that the Sonic by Venture will be an ongoing project.
- Bill Driscoll, Nevada