Venture RV Sonic RVs Reviews (14)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Venture RV Sonic RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Robert Partin from Texas says:

Have you owned any Venture RV Sonic RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Venture RV Sonic SN220VBH View Listings

My wife and I researched travel trailers for about 7 months. We started with teardrops and moved up based on the fact that the weight difference did not justify what we would give up in space and features. We were planning on buying a Micro Minnie but, at the last minute, we watched some videos on our top choices and decided that the money would be better spent on the Sonic. The Winnebago murphy bed did not really compare to what we got in the Sonic. There was also a much roomier feel. The slide out is also deeper on the Sonic. We had several features that we had decided were "musts". A 6cf fridge/freezer, Room in the bathroom to change, black tank flush and power on the awning and tongue jack. We also really like the huckbolt frame and the one piece roof. We are very pleased with the Sonic and would recommend it to others.
- Robert Partin, Texas

2019-11-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

We had the unit for two and a half years. Bought it due to light weight, floor plan, accessories and design. We noticed two years into ownership the bathroom floor was spongy and upon inspection was found to be rotting out due to water/wetness below the floor from unknown source. Floor joists and plywood needed to be replaced. Water source ingress was a mystery and repair shop sealed everything possible and pressure tested all lines to find source. After repairs completed we traded the unit off. Lost loads of money and faith in this company.
- Don Snell, Alberta

2019-10-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Bought new. Only good thing is floor plan. Had leaks under kitchen sink on first trip. Awning came loose from body which dealer did fix. After four years skin has developed dimples on rear and front causing marker lights to leak water into rear bathroom. Neither dealer or Venture, K-Z will address the dimples. Or why they occurred. They know there is a problem but refuse to address. All maintenance has been kept up on this unit but dealer kept referring back to maintenance. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and any of there products.
- M.T., Ohio

2019-02-20 2015 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

I Bought My Sonic 190 Used and from None Sonic Dealer. And contacted the Venture for information and items we wanted. And have has been a pleasure to work With helpful courteous and Knowledgeable Made the dicision to purchase, of our RV satisfying knowing I have a company so nice to work with if needed that stands behind there product
- norman boucher, Connecticut

2018-12-11 2019 Venture RV Sonic 220VBH View Listings

They don’t have our model to review, it’s actually a 2019 Venture SportTrek touring addition 343VBH We bought this brand new and have had nothing but problems with it! We’ve stayed in it two months. An rv repairman came out 2 weeks into it and had to fix wiring issues and a fireplace. Two weeks after that our grey water tank fell out of the bottom of the rv. They “fixed” it and 10 days later it started to fall again. We are stationary until May, and the underneath is bowing again like the tank is either falling or it’s holding water. Our sink has fallen, bathroom door isn’t lined up and won’t close, there’s a space between the ceiling and bunk doorframe that continues to get bigger. Problem after problem it’s a piece of junk for being brand new and paying what we did. And the place we bought it from doesn’t want to do a trade in and is giving us the run around. Never buy a Venture!
- Timber , Oklahoma

2018-11-27 2019 Venture RV Sonic 220VBH View Listings

We did a lot of research before buying this trailer as our second Travel trailer as we had a long list of requirements based on our experience with other trailers and camper vans. Some of the requirements were a full bathroom with sink and glass shower doors, a slide with dinette, a Murphy bed with couch, a usable kitchen counter; all within our tow vehicle limits of 7200 lbs gross weight and, more importantly max tongue weight of 575 lbs. (Mercedes ML350 Bluetec diesel). This is actually hard to do! We have been very pleased with this trailer on our month long break-in trip of over 5000 km (3000 miles) to Glacier National Park and the Canadian Rockies National parks. It tows very well making over 20 mpg (Imperial) in the Rockies ( diesels are great). It is very livable even with 4 adults. Unlike a lot of other travel trailers we considered, it appears the designers have actually gone RVing themselves; there are lots of nice touches like the hidden phone recharge cabinet with outlet, double sink, large fridge, slam latch storage doors, lots of storage, etc. Unlike some of the other reviewers, we have not had any serious issues (perhaps not yet!) other than a screw vibrating loose on the heater cover. As with most travel trailers it is built from very light materials in order to get the weight down, so you can’t expect solid construction. It does meet the requirements. It has a very noisy water pump but putting some foam pipe insulation on the pipes near the pump helped a lot. I have also bought an accumulator tank to help as well (installation is a next Spring project). I gave it lower marks on towability due to weight distribution issues. Even though specs read that it has a 1000 lb payload, this doesn’t include the air conditioner nor electric hitch which adds weight and decreases payload. It also does not include the propane nor water weight. After transferring our stuff from our old Jayco along with a few other new things we found the Sonic was overloaded by about 70 lbs without any fresh oe waste water on board. Once we unloade to within limits we had to carefully manage the loading to keep the tongue weight down including running only one battery since it sits directly on the tongue, and substituting a five lb propane tank for one of the twenty lb tanks (40 lbs with propane loaded). So despite the copious storage area you can’t stuff them. If you have a vehicle with better tongue weight specs life will be easier. Our pack-up routine consists of draining both waste and fresh water tanks and making sure tongue weight is under 275 lbs. But all things considered this is a great trailer for long trips within ou tow vehicles Cleo limits.
- Chuck S, British Columbia

2018-06-27 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Excellent floor plan for two people and that is it! Going to list the items we had issues with in no specific order and note that I had to perform all repairs myself as the dealer was not reliable: Entry door would not close, major fix All sinks leaked Plumbing leaks in Kitchen, bathroom sink, toilet Microwave scratched and died Microwave falling out, not secured Flooring improperly installed - yellow spots from glue Queen bed frame wobbly, added bracing All cabinetry screws loose All window blind shades came off wall due to screws stripped Water leak in bathroom rear wall major fix Shower floor not supported major fix Floor in bathroom has sink hole major fix No bed struts for easy lifting I added hydraulic shocks No receptacle in kitchen counter by stove, I added one for coffee maker Awning arms came loose from trailer major fix All wiring under trailer had to redone and properly clamped Fridge died due to arcing from bad crimps I had to replace main board no warranty Front circuit breaker on trailer A-Frame died due to bad crimps Front bedroom closets hanger rods came down due to stripped screws All lights blinking due to bad crimps All lights still flickered due to bad crimps on wall switches All ceiling light fixtures loose due to stripped screws Kitchen window hard to open major fix Outside shower leaked Outside shower door fell open while travelling Insufficient bracing on rear and front curved wall, should be 12" centres not 24", no fix I can do, fibreglass is flexing bad - praying that it holds Bathroom exhaust fan intermittent bad crimps The quality from Venture is very very poor, 0 out of ten. If you are mechanically inclined and Jack of all trades STAY away from buying this trailer, we seen that the new builds under Thor ownership is same!
- Doodles, Ontario

2017-12-17 2016 Venture RV Sonic 170VRD View Listings

We bought this camper and really love everything about the design. We had window leak issues, water under cabinet issues and a leaking sky light. It seems the warranty just happened to expire weeks earlier but while on our trips we did contact out sales rep who told us not to worry just enjoy and they will take care of it when we re turn. Surprise they won't.
- Debbie, Illinois

2017-07-26 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

Venture Sonic Trailer has a niece layout, looks good and towing is great. That's about all because within the first year of ownership so many things went wrong with the trailer. I'LL start with the major problems first. The AC unit died on vacation and had to be replaced. Make sure you contact the manufacturer first for a repair authorization otherwise they will not pay for the ac unit to be replaced. Even if you're on vacation and kept the old unit. The battery box had no drain holes so the box filled with rain water and the battery shorted out. The rear bathroom wall started leaking rain water. Manufacturer advised they are aware of the leak due to they installed the rear red marker lights at the curve of the trailer wall so the lights can not seat properly. No recall was given by company. No local dealers would do warranty work for the leak so Venture RV wanted me to drive my trailer 4 hours to the dealer where I bought it so Venture RV could pick it up and return it to the factory for repairs. That was bad enough but the repairs would take over three months to complete. Venture RV would not offer a loaner trailer. When I asked Venture RV if the fix would be done correctly the agent for Venture RV said "The workers who do warranty work on the trailer are much better than the workers who built the trailer." The Agent was not kidding which shocked me! Upon opening the rear wall of the trailer it was discovered that horrible craftsmanship was done with wood debris, wire clippings and even "garbage", yes garbage from lunch someone had, inside the walls. Every single through-wall fixture on the trailer was leaking water due to inferior gaskets that were all cracked and leaking. Thor Industries who owns Venture RV ignored my many letters sent to all of them. They refused to answer my question of why my trailer was so badly made. Well I could not trust Venture RV to fix the trailer and instead paid for all expenses except for a wall panel, four pieces of molding and a new monitor panel I got Venture RV to send me to replace what was damaged. This was a very small gesture for everything that was wrong, what I had to go thru and their poor customer service. I would not recommend anyone purchasing a Sonic trailer from Venture RV, with out proof (if they can) that they have fixed these issues and also why they would not answer any letters sent to them. I could not write everything that was wrong with this trailer in this review, so I opened a blog at mysonictrailer.com to help consumers before purchasing a trailer and if they already own a trailer like mine.
- Stephen Baglietto, Florida

2017-07-10 2014 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

I really don't know my model, I looked all over that camper. I tried to replace my outside shower faucet. I needed to remove 10 screws and pull the mounting box out. it would not move out more than a 1/2 inch. Needed at least 6 inches to get it out to remove the faucet. I called venture help desk and was told to leave a message. Upset because I cant hook up water until I get it replaced. No call back 4 hours later. I tore the closet apart and found the problem. When built there was no slack put into the water hoses. I tore some other stuff out trying to get slack in hoses. No good. The water hoses are fiddle string tight. Venture probably save $3 on water hose. I had to stand on my head and disconnect the faucet from the inside of the closet, hook back up the same way. Otherwise I like my sonic.
- richard card, Iowa

2017-07-08 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

We previously owned a TADA. Enjoyed it immensely however my wife wanted something bigger and more livable. Based on advertising literature we selected a 19'Sonic by Venture. Nearest dealer was in Oregon who we found very difficult to deal with. We arrived on New Years Eve to decide if this is what we wanted. We agreed and purchased. Towed magnificently. Perfect floor plan. Lighting system perfect. All features worked well in the freezing temperatures. However, The first time we attempted to raise the window coverings the lower screws holding the blinds in place pulled out on all windows. Easy fix with super glue. Next, the first time we sat in the bench chair next to the door it failed completely. The small bracket securing the chair back was totally inadequate. Also an easy fix. Replaced the small bracket with a piano hinge and glued and reinforced the entire bench chair assembly. Now OK. Bed assembly wobbly, another easy fix. reinforced and installed lifts so we could access area under bed. Found large hole in floor under Kitchen sink allowing for plumbing access and freezing air. Another easy fix with insulating foam. After first trip found awning hardware pulling away from outside of trailer. Not so easy fix. Replaced all securing hardware with more substantial hardware. After first year outside covering at front has 3 distinct dents only a cosmetic issue at this time. Interior cabinetry just OK. Wiring for tank monitoring damn poor. Little fine wiring hanging down below axel broken. Not a hard fix however so poorly done initially it needs to be entirely replaced. Tank gauges totally inaccurate. Do not know if there is a solution. It would be nice if all controls were located in one convenient location. Water pump, water heater and water gauges in bathroom. Thermostat on wall, and Audio visual almost inaccessible behind TV. It appears that the Sonic by Venture will be an ongoing project.
- Bill Driscoll, Nevada

2017-05-23 2016 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

Our first experience with a travel trailer. Upon initial purchase found two manufacturing defects with the windows, missing locks. We took delivery in 11/2015 with assurances replacements would be done by 4/2016 pickup date. Not only did Dealer drop the ball by forgetting to order by 2/2016, I had to personally call and eventually window manufacturer to expedite two new windows which didn't arrive until 5/2016. Thanks to Clear Choice Windows for correcting their mistake with no help from Venture or the dealer. Now its 5/2017.Since 5/2016 we have discovered multiple small water leaks at various water connections in the trailer. All appear to be bad clamping at the factory. I have replaced 4, since that time have found at least 6 more, all in areas that are hard to reach. Replaced with automotive cinch clamps to stop the leaks. More plumbing issues. Since new, I have had to tighten all drain piping as well. None of the joints were tight, resulting in leaks under the kitchen and bathroom sinks. We really like the living space, the lightweight towing capability and overall floor plan. It's unfortunate that the build quality is poor. Guess you get what you pay for...
- Tom B., Minnesota

2017-05-15 2016 Venture RV Sonic 234VBH View Listings

We love the Sonic, especially the floor plan. The extra bunk room in the back has been turned into our hobby room and is perfect. The narrower width and aerodynamics make it super easy to tow. We spent 4 months in our camper over this past winter and have plans to do the same next winter. The only thing I would change is the location of the microwave. Miner inconvenience.
- Colleen Monske, Wisconsin

2017-03-01 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Superior materials used in mfg from other brands of similarity. I especially enjoy the ease in set-up and use. Very easy to tow. Nice on the eyes too. Reasonable pricing. Love the lay-out and Murfey bed option. Nice size bathroom for this 19 footer. Very happy with my choice!
- Jan Bonner, Texas