Venture RV

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Venture RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Robert Partin from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Venture RV Sonic SN220VBH View Listings

My wife and I researched travel trailers for about 7 months. We started with teardrops and moved up based on the fact that the weight difference did not justify what we would give up in space and features. We were planning on buying a Micro Minnie but, at the last minute, we watched some videos on our top choices and decided that the money would be better spent on the Sonic. The Winnebago murphy bed did not really compare to what we got in the Sonic. There was also a much roomier feel. The slide out is also deeper on the Sonic. We had several features that we had decided were "musts". A 6cf fridge/freezer, Room in the bathroom to change, black tank flush and power on the awning and tongue jack. We also really like the huckbolt frame and the one piece roof. We are very pleased with the Sonic and would recommend it to others.
- Robert Partin, Texas

2021-06-15 2020 Venture RV Stratus 281VBH View Listings

This stratus 281vbh is built better than most that we have seen it’s very comfortable the interior is very nice theater seating is nice just an overall nice camper. The dull air conditioners cool the camper very quickly. My wife likes the kitchen layout and the walk-in pantry it has plenty of storage.
- Alan beckendorf, Texas

2021-05-05 2017 Venture RV Sonic Lite 149VML View Listings

My Elkhound and I have been living fulltime in our 149- VML Sonic Lite for 16 months now. It was 2 years old and almost like new when we purchased it and it was love at first sight for us. We love the floorplan, queen size Murphy Bed the Black Diamond
- Tammy Owen, Tennessee

2021-04-21 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

My wife and I had purchased this unit new. We love the layout and the storage. The murphy bed is easy to raise and lower and adds so much interior space. the bathroom may be a bit too big. We are currently going to trade this one in for another one with a slide out. Love our Sonic and look forward to the new one.
- Greg Bajorek, Michigan

2021-04-21 2021 Venture RV Sonic 231VRL View Listings

This trailer has the most awesome floor plan! All of our friends that have seen it have commented how it feels like a tiny little apartment rather than a travel trailer. There is loads and loads of storage space. The open floor plan makes this a great trailer for 4 people very comfortably up to 6 crowded. It tows fantastic behind our Dodge Durango, I have weight distribution but no sway control. I've had the trailer a month and we've spent 6 nights/8 days camping in it. I love the dual electric/LP gas refrigerator that has tons of room and works great on the 4 out of 5 level setting. The trailer is pretty airtight and insulation is fair. With the vent fan in the bedroom going, you can feel the suction being drawn on the first window that you open. But, it is still a travel trailer and cools off quickly if it is cold outside. The A/C unit (15K in ours) works great and you can barely hear the compressor running. I did adjust the thermostat on the ceiling control panel so the A/C would keep running colder, but I've had to do that with every Coleman Mach ceiling A/C and you can find the instructions on youtube. The back of the water heater is very accessible under the bathroom sink - take two screws holding a panel on and the back of the water heater is there. The little cubby holes behind the closets in the bedroom are fantastic for CPAP machines. But, there is no 12v outlet there if you want to power a CPAP from the battery. I replaced the 2-port USB charging outlets with a combination outlet with 2 USB ports and a 12v outlet to plug my CPAP 12v power supply into. The lights above the bed are too bright. I replaced both lights with dual color dimming fixtures. The motion sensor lights in the bathroom, entry door, and pass through storage are very handy, but there is only one on the passenger side of pass through storage. There should be a second one on the driver's side. The bad. The grey water tank seems to fill up very quickly. With only 2 of us we will only last 3 days. The kitchen sink itself holds 1/3 gray water capacity. You can add an extra sewer twist on waste valve to your dump connection that will allow you to open the installed grey water dump valve and then the black water dump valve and you can equalize the grey water tank into the black water tank and get some extra capacity. The fresh water fill connection is on the passenger side (door side) of the trailer. Makes it inconvenient in most locations to fill the fresh water tank where their faucet is more than likely going to be on driver's side. The outside shower is all the way around in the middle of the driver side wall, again a very inconvenient location. The outlet and switch for the TV antenna is inconveniently located behind the TV making it hard to turn off if you want to save battery power. The installed TV antenna works better than the antenna in our previous trailer, though. The water pump is located under the kitchen counter and you have to remove the two under sink drawers to get to it. The plumbing under there is a mess and many of the tubes will vibrate against the walls when the water pump is running making it very noisy (makes more noise than the A/C running!) I need to get back under there and straighten things out. That is also where the connection for antifreeze suction is for winterizing, very inconvenient. Several plumbing connections were not tightened at the factory and had to tighten all of them in the bathroom - under the bathroom sink faucet, behind the toilet, and the shower. They are screw on fittings and you just have to give them 1/2 turn or so with channel lock (water pump) pliers. None of the screens on the windows were fully clipped into place, and you have to be very careful to get them in just right so you bend/break the clips in the screens. Then don't ever pull them back off! On the rear emergency exit window, one of the red buckles had an adjusting bolt that was stripped. This caused the buckle to become cocked at an angle and bent the arms inside the buckle causing the exit window to loosen. I repaired that myself. The sliding doors for the bathroom/bedroom have cheap plastic straps with snaps to hold them open when travelling and nothing to keep them closed. I added cabinet spring latches on both the open and closed sides of both doors to help hold them in either position. I am also going to add the simple hook and eye type latches on the open side to do away with the cheap plastic straps. No real place for a toilet paper holder in the bathroom. I cut a square out of the sink cabinet door and mounted an in-the-wall type TP holder there. Overall it is a great trailer and we love the open floor plan in the living area.
- John Havercroft, Oregon

2021-04-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Bought new June 2016, love the layout design of this R.V. with big bathroom and murphy bed; tows great. Unfortunately, craftsmanship and building of this R.V. sucks. Larry, Moe and Curly could have done a better job. Stay away from VENTURE SONIC/ K.C. company R.V. products Have had to repair or replace stove parts and furnace this year; but the biggest problem discovered the end of last fall 2020 was the floor along shower, dinning table and door had rotted completely from water damage. Apparently this water damage had been occurring for some time. After noticing leaky drain joints from kitchen sink when first bought, I had tightened all water and drain connections, and kept check. Did repair work myself, and found most destruction at front and back of wheel wells where there was a 1/2 inch square gap in each corner where wall of wheel well attached to frame, and was filled with putty. There was also no support left, rotted away. Had early on discovered there was hardly any support under shower floor which I fixed to prevent water leaking around drain. Good layout design, piss poor work on building and quality. Will never buy any R.V. from KZ./ VENTURE AGAIN!!!
- GEORGE SHUFLAT, Tennessee

2020-12-06 2015 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

We bought our 2015 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB at the end of May 2015. July 1st 2015 we started living in the camper fulltime, 24 hrs/day, 7 days/wk, 365 days/yr except for a 4 month stent where we didn't. We absolutely love the layout, it is great for 2 people full time. They say the camper is not made to live in,so with that in mind, we have done a great job of doing that. Ee did lise our hot water heater but that was only due to user error. The quality could be a little better, like they could use nails or screws instead of staples; that can be fixed. Would we buy another one, YES! The cost vs the money we saved is incredible. We really enjoy our Venture Sonic.
- Amy Hansen, Maine

2020-11-29 2018 Venture RV Sonic Lite 167VMS View Listings

My name is Gilles Martel, I bought on 03/27/2017 a new Sonic Lite 2018 SL-167VMS. We are retired and we are grand parents. I heard about your company while we were visiting the Montreal RV Show in 2017. We received very good comments about the quality of your Sonic SL167VMS rv trailer and my wife and I have been dreaming to get a Sonic rv trailer. In fact we realized our dream in travelling with our Sonic Lite rv trailer after we retired. Since we bought you Sonic Lite rv trailer We are very disappointed and our dream became a nightmare. We lost the plastic roof ( dome ) located on top of the toilet fan while travelling on the highway . We have been notified by a car driver . We stop and walked and found the parts on the side of the road. I have to get it fixed in buying proper screws and locked nuts. Than we had a big issue with the refrigerator separating itself from his location in the rv. As per the service director of the my rv trailer dealer , Here are the repairs that have been made to our fridge: The wooden base which supported the fridge gave way due to a lack of reinforcement. They had to reinforce the wood structure on the left side with a piece of 2x4 screwed and glued to prevent the lower left corner from sagging. As per the director of service there were no reinforcements at the lower corners which caused the fridge to collapse. I was also billed for this repair. Another issue with the slide out : Under the slide out the wheel mechanics was quaver and was scraping under the slide out because locked nuts have not been used and secured creating deep scraping. Than it was billed again: see pictures: Since our first year we are hearing squeaking each time we are are driving with the rv trailer we were told to use spray oil to lubricate the blades. It does not make any differences, the noise is still there and it is not pleasent to hear. When I purchased your Sonic rv trailer, I took a 5 years warrenty. However when I had these issues with the rv I was told by the Customer service representative that only electronics parts were covered no structural issues. I used my rv 3 times in 2017, 4 times in 2018, 4 times in 2019 and 5 times in 2020. I have always take care of my rv and always went to my rv dealer company for all follow up and maintenance as least twice a year. These structural issues occured after your 1 year warrenty. These are hidden issues, they are a lack in the rv construction and won’t necessary occured during the first year. The RV dealer customer representative told me that even if he sent a claim to you it will not be accepted and will be refused because it is past the 1 year warrenty.Wow As a frustated and honest Customer and owner of a Sonic rv by Venture, I am very disappointed . When I purchased you company rv, I was confident in your rv company as a company who build rv quality and care about their customers. A company that will stand up and protect their customers and being recognized as the # 1 rv retailer in the world respecting their Customer guiding values and the company success not possible without customers. As a fact I worked for 2 great US companies for who Customer’s satisfaction come first. They make Always their customers feel part of their company success and considered family. As a great RV company your customers should feel appreciated , protected and part of your success as # 1 rv company. Compagny guiding values: TOGETHER AS A TEAM AND INDIVIDUALLY MEMBER, WE WILL PASSIONATELY DELIGHT OUR CUSTOMERS, SHOW RESPECT, INSPIRE POSSIBILITIES, DELIVER EXCELLENCE, ACT AND TAKE THE RIGHT DECISION FOR THE GOOD OF THE CUSTOMERS AS WELL AS THE COMPANY. Venture response: However, All I received from Venture RV customer service are their apologies and Can not help you the 1 year warrenty is over!!! I am very dissapointed customer Gilles
- Gilles Martel, Quebec

2020-11-16 2020 Venture RV SportTrek STT343VIK View Listings

So I got this RV due to the condition of the first one I purchased had so many issues the dealer arranged with the manufacturer to swop it out. this one was better but still had several issue from day one that I repaired rather than going the warranty route as that can take several months for even the simplest items. some being water leaks one was due to a hose that had a slit in it the others were due to poor fitting installation and hose routing. Mini fridge did not work from day one, did warranty on that took months to get a new one. cooling fan on the inside refrigerator was so loud I removed it and found it was installed with half the casing broke off and missing. Faucet at kitchen sink leaked after first week. Fit and finish is what would be expected for a trailer in this price range examples like things mounted out of level or installed crooked like the toilet being mounted crooked or island top and rest of counters are not level to each other, doors for closet hit the bed so you have issue opening them but they are 20 inches longer than they need to be if made same as closet opening they'd be able to open with no issue. Majority of the things could have been corrected at time of build with a little QA. I like the layout as I use this trailer when I'm at work out of town it's an simple layout and comfortable. Tows fairly ease as long as it's not too windy as with most. I have to give the dealer and manufacturer some credit as they did change out the first trailer that has so many issues.
- Pat Crim, Texas

2020-10-20 2018 Venture RV Sonic Lite 168VRB View Listings

This has been a great beginner camper for me. I started towing it with a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it did it with ease. I just wanted to be able to throw wood and stuff in a truck so I ended up with a ram 1500. It towed even better. The layout is great if your someone that likes to eat outside the majority of the time which is what most people do when camping. The bathroom is decent size for the size of camper it is. The corner shower is perfect size and even I don’t touch the walls when showering like most other campers when you have to turn sideways. There is tons of storage too. This lightweight camper is one of the better made campers all around. I have never had any issues with window leaks or anything.
- Anna Leeman, Iowa

2020-10-13 2019 Venture RV SportTrek Touring 302VRB View Listings

We have the 2019 Sporttrek Touring editon model 302RVB and it is falling apart! There has been so many problems this last year. The bathroom fan and stove fan both broke. There are many leaks throughout(sky light, sink, side of RV). The awning broke. The list goes on and on. We are so unhappy with it. Do not buy this brand!!
- Winnie Warren, Virginia

2020-10-12 2016 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

We purchased the Sonic Venture brand new in September of 2015. Almost 1 year and 1/2 later the back of the trailer was already warping. Have had several issues with this and is increasingly getting worse to the point where the bathroom floor and wall have now separated. Just this weekend on our way to do some camping we almost lost the black water holding rank due to the severe rot. When we arrived it was half off. I would never ever consider purchasing anything from this company again. Very poor quality and craftsmanship.
- Rene Gonzalez, Florida

2020-10-01 2017 Venture RV SportTrek ST312VRK View Listings

I bought my travel trailer to travel for work in February 2017. When I pulled it to a RV park it was raining after I set it up none of the GFIC receptacles worked I called the dealer he said to bring it in when I was finished with it. I took it in and they could find nothing wrong with it. This has happen 3 times I have took it to dealer for just this problem. I have also taken it in for cabinet door falling off cabinets pulled away from wall not the wall paper is falling off the walls.The bad thing is I only use this for work no kids or pet .I would never recommend this product to anyone it is junk.
- Donald McNelley, Tennessee

2020-09-29 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We have spent three weekends so far camping in out Sporttrek And really live it. Had to do a little sealing around shower base to stop water from splashing over edges, and a outdoor stove had problems from factorybut was fixed by dealer. Small stuff you can expect when you purchase any camper but functionality of this camper is great. Lots of storage and outside kitchen is something I really enjoy.Great staff at AORG In Canton Texas is a dealer I recommend to friends.
- Dan Tousignant, Texas

2020-09-26 2020 Venture RV Sonic SN190VRB View Listings

My wife and I are brand new to RVing and Travel Trailers. After looking at various makes and models, we fell in love with the Sonic SN190VRB. It's the perfect size for the 2 of us and fit the towing specs needed for our Chevy Colorado 4x4. The layout really maximizes the space available in a smaller trailer. We have never felt cramped or crowded. The Murphy Bed concept is great as it gives us that extra needed seating when the bed is stored. One of the main reasons we went with the Sonic was the large rear bathroom. Most trailers our size had the bathroom in the middle of the trailer-which rendered the bathrooms small and tight. Having the full bathroom in the rear makes for ample room and really opens up the "living" area. The nice thing we liked about the Sonic was the 1-piece fiberglass roof. We read many reviews on other makes and models and roof leaks seemed to be a big issue. So far, with the 1-piece design, we haven't had any issues. As of this review, we have had our trailer for 3-1/2 months and have been out on four 3-4 day trips without any major issues at all. We had a couple of very minor fixes we had to do (light cover popped off, a piece of molding popped off, the storage door was tough to open, etc), but none of the major issues I have seen posted with other make and models. Hopefully our luck holds up and we can continue to truly enjoy our Sonic for years to come.
- Randy Charlton, California

2020-08-28 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 322VBH View Listings

Love the Sporttrek trailer.... functional all-season trailer. Layout worked well for our entire family. Having privacy for master and bunk area was a nice feature. Also, having a full tub for the kids was nice after a long day at the beach.
- Karen O'Malley, Virginia

2020-08-20 2015 Venture RV SportTrek ST270VBH View Listings

I could not be more happy with this RV. its been a dream for I and my family with copious space for kids and stuff. Outside cooking let me stay up late or wake up early without waking others. From a camout with friends or a huge space for 2, this RV is amazing. Its light, but at 30' its in the world of bigger stuff. It can manhandle small SUVs with V6s even if they are close to its towing since its so wide and tall vs the smaller suv. Once I got a big V8 pickup, it pulled exceptionally well.
- Ted, Colorado

2020-08-20 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

My husband and I thought long and hard about the type of trailer we wanted and were really delighted with the Sonic - right size, had all the features we wanted, couldn’t wait to enjoy many camping trips. However, it developed a very bad leak behind the refrigerator - so bad that it required the whole back end and part of the bathroom to be rebuilt. We contacted the dealer we bought it from - oh, sorry, not under warranty, contact the manufacturer. Which we did, only to be given the runaround, we’ll get back to you, I need to talk to my supervisor, etc., etc. The trailer was only a couple of years old at this point. We bit the bullet and had the very expensive repairs done. And have enjoyed several camping trips since then. But today, when my husband went out to do some work on it, guess what - another leak, exactly same place, mold growing. I would say it is a design/manufacturing flaw. Needless to say, we are NEVER going to buy another Sonic, and can’t wait to trade this one in (if we can get anyone to buy it). Would hate someone else to end up in the same situation.
- Glenda Milor, Florida

2020-08-18 2017 Venture RV SportTrek Touring STT343VIK View Listings

This travel trailer has excellent features-spacious, comfortable and clean. We are non smokers and the original owners. We took very good care of our trailer-no accidents, or damage. Worth looking at!
- BKINGJR100, North Carolina

2020-08-14 2019 Venture RV Sonic Lite SL167VMS View Listings

This is a GREAT MODEL I've never had any issues And normally when you purchase an RV, something is always wrong with it..But NOT this one,.................................................................
- Donna Ana, California

2020-08-13 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

Have loved the bunkhouse concept! Great for our family of six. With today’s health concerns, rvs are the way to go! My husband works from home/rv 😊and I can can take the kids’ school assignments on the road. No cabin fever for this family! We can travel safely and bond as a family without being stuck at home. Love 1 1/2 baths!
- B Reid, Texas

2020-08-07 2020 Venture RV Sonic 231VRL View Listings

Me and my husband have been researching for 3 years and we kept coming back to the Sonic 231. First trip out everything worked great! Only thing we had an issue with was a small snag in the mattress, dealership said to use until the fall and they would get a new one from the factory. Factory had it waiting at the dealership.
- F Collier, North Carolina

2020-08-07 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 327VIK View Listings

I have owned 3 trailers before this one and by far this has been our favorite. The only issue we have had was with our battery from the dealership, they replaced immediately. We can’t wait to go camping.
- JR Sparks, Oklahoma

2020-08-05 2018 Venture RV SportTrek 2018 View Listings

Bedroom slide is leaking the whole floor is rotted out the design around bottom of slide is bad it let’s water run under slide like a house without gutters therefore water runs into the deck of the camper
- Randy swint, Tennessee

2020-07-21 2019 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

I chose the 19' Sonic RV (2019) because it is aesthetically pleasing, light weight, twin axle, has a large fresh-water tank, great floor plan (for solo travel), good cupboard storage for a 19', and a corner shower with doors. Pulls very well behind my diesel Touareg SUV, I don't use any load-leveling or anti-sway device. Got the optional rear-facing camera, adjusted it up, have a large wireless screen on the dash, and therefore don't use trailering mirrors. This is only my 2nd weekend camping since purchase, but unfortunately, I have had problems. The fridge doesn't work, and I'm using a cooler while awaiting a replacement. The first time I pulled the stopper and emptied the kitchen sink, the water rushed out from under the cabinet on the floor. The hot water tank does not heat on electric. The standard red 'lock' lever on the door doesn't lock. Hopefully these things will be rectified by the dealer. Also, the vent is 1-speed with only a 5" fan blade, and the unit is subject to a recall because it leaks. Velcro pads glued to the dinette cushions peeled off. The inside cabinetry is very cheaply made, all glued and stapled, low-quality throughout (admittedly, the unit lists at a low price, so I didn't expect quality). No 12v plug inside (for coolers, etc.). The AC unit blows 80% rear/20% front, so the bathroom is freezing and the couch/bed area is warm. Stovetop has no way to ignite the flame, it must be lit manually. The Sonic 19 is highly towable so great for road trips, but is cheaply made inside.
- Thomas Richards, Ontario