Venture RV Reviews on RV Insider (79)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Venture RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Robert Partin from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Venture RV Sonic SN220VBH View Listings

My wife and I researched travel trailers for about 7 months. We started with teardrops and moved up based on the fact that the weight difference did not justify what we would give up in space and features. We were planning on buying a Micro Minnie but, at the last minute, we watched some videos on our top choices and decided that the money would be better spent on the Sonic. The Winnebago murphy bed did not really compare to what we got in the Sonic. There was also a much roomier feel. The slide out is also deeper on the Sonic. We had several features that we had decided were "musts". A 6cf fridge/freezer, Room in the bathroom to change, black tank flush and power on the awning and tongue jack. We also really like the huckbolt frame and the one piece roof. We are very pleased with the Sonic and would recommend it to others.
- Robert Partin, Texas

2020-10-13 2019 Venture RV SportTrek Touring 302VRB View Listings

We have the 2019 Sporttrek Touring editon model 302RVB and it is falling apart! There has been so many problems this last year. The bathroom fan and stove fan both broke. There are many leaks throughout(sky light, sink, side of RV). The awning broke. The list goes on and on. We are so unhappy with it. Do not buy this brand!!
- Winnie Warren, Virginia

2020-10-12 2016 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

We purchased the Sonic Venture brand new in September of 2015. Almost 1 year and 1/2 later the back of the trailer was already warping. Have had several issues with this and is increasingly getting worse to the point where the bathroom floor and wall have now separated. Just this weekend on our way to do some camping we almost lost the black water holding rank due to the severe rot. When we arrived it was half off. I would never ever consider purchasing anything from this company again. Very poor quality and craftsmanship.
- Rene Gonzalez, Florida

2020-10-01 2017 Venture RV SportTrek ST312VRK View Listings

I bought my travel trailer to travel for work in February 2017. When I pulled it to a RV park it was raining after I set it up none of the GFIC receptacles worked I called the dealer he said to bring it in when I was finished with it. I took it in and they could find nothing wrong with it. This has happen 3 times I have took it to dealer for just this problem. I have also taken it in for cabinet door falling off cabinets pulled away from wall not the wall paper is falling off the walls.The bad thing is I only use this for work no kids or pet .I would never recommend this product to anyone it is junk.
- Donald McNelley, Tennessee

2020-09-29 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We have spent three weekends so far camping in out Sporttrek And really live it. Had to do a little sealing around shower base to stop water from splashing over edges, and a outdoor stove had problems from factorybut was fixed by dealer. Small stuff you can expect when you purchase any camper but functionality of this camper is great. Lots of storage and outside kitchen is something I really enjoy.Great staff at AORG In Canton Texas is a dealer I recommend to friends.
- Dan Tousignant, Texas

2020-09-26 2020 Venture RV Sonic SN190VRB View Listings

My wife and I are brand new to RVing and Travel Trailers. After looking at various makes and models, we fell in love with the Sonic SN190VRB. It's the perfect size for the 2 of us and fit the towing specs needed for our Chevy Colorado 4x4. The layout really maximizes the space available in a smaller trailer. We have never felt cramped or crowded. The Murphy Bed concept is great as it gives us that extra needed seating when the bed is stored. One of the main reasons we went with the Sonic was the large rear bathroom. Most trailers our size had the bathroom in the middle of the trailer-which rendered the bathrooms small and tight. Having the full bathroom in the rear makes for ample room and really opens up the "living" area. The nice thing we liked about the Sonic was the 1-piece fiberglass roof. We read many reviews on other makes and models and roof leaks seemed to be a big issue. So far, with the 1-piece design, we haven't had any issues. As of this review, we have had our trailer for 3-1/2 months and have been out on four 3-4 day trips without any major issues at all. We had a couple of very minor fixes we had to do (light cover popped off, a piece of molding popped off, the storage door was tough to open, etc), but none of the major issues I have seen posted with other make and models. Hopefully our luck holds up and we can continue to truly enjoy our Sonic for years to come.
- Randy Charlton, California

2020-08-28 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 322VBH View Listings

Love the Sporttrek trailer.... functional all-season trailer. Layout worked well for our entire family. Having privacy for master and bunk area was a nice feature. Also, having a full tub for the kids was nice after a long day at the beach.
- Karen O'Malley, Virginia

2020-08-20 2015 Venture RV SportTrek ST270VBH View Listings

I could not be more happy with this RV. its been a dream for I and my family with copious space for kids and stuff. Outside cooking let me stay up late or wake up early without waking others. From a camout with friends or a huge space for 2, this RV is amazing. Its light, but at 30' its in the world of bigger stuff. It can manhandle small SUVs with V6s even if they are close to its towing since its so wide and tall vs the smaller suv. Once I got a big V8 pickup, it pulled exceptionally well.
- Ted, Colorado

2020-08-20 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

My husband and I thought long and hard about the type of trailer we wanted and were really delighted with the Sonic - right size, had all the features we wanted, couldn’t wait to enjoy many camping trips. However, it developed a very bad leak behind the refrigerator - so bad that it required the whole back end and part of the bathroom to be rebuilt. We contacted the dealer we bought it from - oh, sorry, not under warranty, contact the manufacturer. Which we did, only to be given the runaround, we’ll get back to you, I need to talk to my supervisor, etc., etc. The trailer was only a couple of years old at this point. We bit the bullet and had the very expensive repairs done. And have enjoyed several camping trips since then. But today, when my husband went out to do some work on it, guess what - another leak, exactly same place, mold growing. I would say it is a design/manufacturing flaw. Needless to say, we are NEVER going to buy another Sonic, and can’t wait to trade this one in (if we can get anyone to buy it). Would hate someone else to end up in the same situation.
- Glenda Milor, Florida

2020-08-18 2017 Venture RV SportTrek Touring STT343VIK View Listings

This travel trailer has excellent features-spacious, comfortable and clean. We are non smokers and the original owners. We took very good care of our trailer-no accidents, or damage. Worth looking at!
- BKINGJR100, North Carolina

2020-08-14 2019 Venture RV Sonic Lite SL167VMS View Listings

This is a GREAT MODEL I've never had any issues And normally when you purchase an RV, something is always wrong with it..But NOT this one,.................................................................
- Donna Ana, California

2020-08-13 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

Have loved the bunkhouse concept! Great for our family of six. With today’s health concerns, rvs are the way to go! My husband works from home/rv ๐Ÿ˜Šand I can can take the kids’ school assignments on the road. No cabin fever for this family! We can travel safely and bond as a family without being stuck at home. Love 1 1/2 baths!
- B Reid, Texas

2020-08-07 2020 Venture RV Sonic 231VRL View Listings

Me and my husband have been researching for 3 years and we kept coming back to the Sonic 231. First trip out everything worked great! Only thing we had an issue with was a small snag in the mattress, dealership said to use until the fall and they would get a new one from the factory. Factory had it waiting at the dealership.
- F Collier, North Carolina

2020-08-07 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 327VIK View Listings

I have owned 3 trailers before this one and by far this has been our favorite. The only issue we have had was with our battery from the dealership, they replaced immediately. We can’t wait to go camping.
- JR Sparks, Oklahoma

2020-08-05 2018 Venture RV SportTrek 2018 View Listings

Bedroom slide is leaking the whole floor is rotted out the design around bottom of slide is bad it let’s water run under slide like a house without gutters therefore water runs into the deck of the camper
- Randy swint, Tennessee

2020-07-21 2019 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

I chose the 19' Sonic RV (2019) because it is aesthetically pleasing, light weight, twin axle, has a large fresh-water tank, great floor plan (for solo travel), good cupboard storage for a 19', and a corner shower with doors. Pulls very well behind my diesel Touareg SUV, I don't use any load-leveling or anti-sway device. Got the optional rear-facing camera, adjusted it up, have a large wireless screen on the dash, and therefore don't use trailering mirrors. This is only my 2nd weekend camping since purchase, but unfortunately, I have had problems. The fridge doesn't work, and I'm using a cooler while awaiting a replacement. The first time I pulled the stopper and emptied the kitchen sink, the water rushed out from under the cabinet on the floor. The hot water tank does not heat on electric. The standard red 'lock' lever on the door doesn't lock. Hopefully these things will be rectified by the dealer. Also, the vent is 1-speed with only a 5" fan blade, and the unit is subject to a recall because it leaks. Velcro pads glued to the dinette cushions peeled off. The inside cabinetry is very cheaply made, all glued and stapled, low-quality throughout (admittedly, the unit lists at a low price, so I didn't expect quality). No 12v plug inside (for coolers, etc.). The AC unit blows 80% rear/20% front, so the bathroom is freezing and the couch/bed area is warm. Stovetop has no way to ignite the flame, it must be lit manually. The Sonic 19 is highly towable so great for road trips, but is cheaply made inside.
- Thomas Richards, Ontario

2020-07-09 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 322VBH View Listings

We Love this Trailer. The floor plan is incredible. We've pulled it over 16000 miles and it pulls well. We have upgraded the tires to Goodyear Endurance. Which I wish the factory would just install from the get go. We have had some issues but none that have made it unusable and the Manufacture has always taken care of it. They are in fact taking it after camping season to make repairs. We would by another Trailer or fifth wheel from them. Doug and Vicki
- Doug, Ohio

2020-07-08 2016 Venture RV Sonic 234VBH View Listings

Love the floor plan, bought in 2018 from an RV dealer. But like reading others, our back bathroom wall started dimpling and leaked, we took the wall apart, it was all rotted! You touched the wood and it turns to dust! Wish I could include photo’s! Looks like black mold! Luckily my husband is a talented carpenter and we are fixing, even the dimples, so disappointed after only 3 years and still making payments! Bought this in Idaho and drove up! I guess you never know what is behind those walls! As I say we love the floor plan, but would never replace with another Sonic!
- Jacqueline Hanson, Alaska

2020-06-12 2015 Venture RV SportTrek 280VRB View Listings

We have never had any problems with it, nice big trailer with lots of room, full size bed and outside kitchen. Our's is 2014 year, I'd give it 5 out of 5, it's a bargain if you find this model used and in a good shape
- Gabby, Saskatchewan

2020-06-08 2019 Venture RV SportTrek Touring 333VRE View Listings

This trailer has been a piece of junk from the start! There were so many mistakes at the factory that Nobody cared enough to fix. I don't even know where to start. 1. DR window had hole in the metal frame. Like someone put a screw in and then decided it was in wrong place. But left the window in hole and all.The kitchen drawers were so crooked you could see the sides of the drawers a good 2-3 inches on all of them. There was so much debris under the bedroom floor and some of it was going to poke holes in linoleum. The repairman had to slice it at the bedroom door. Then cleaned debris from under linoleum some how. And now I have a silver strip in doorway. The biggest one was water problem with the main water source. O noticed water coming from under the tub.We began to research and discover the problem. Under the bathroom sink is where the main water line comes in. The hole they cut was jagged. They didn't put one of plastic hole cover s on it. So by turning water on and off the hose wiggled and kept rubbing and put hole in tube. Regrettingly It had been doing long time. The underbelly was full of water!! We first had to drain the water,and then pull down the liner. Then had to take all the insulation out and replace the soaking wet stuff. Now we have leakage on a slide out. When we 1st bought it I told dealer about it and had it on work order. The technician didn't leave any remark on it in our notes. And dealer is saying basically to bad. Hubby thinks it is from 2 screws that weren't tighten down. And that the rain gutter over flows and runs back on the slide out. So now the fight will begin. We bought in early 2018. And told them within 2 months, now it is 6/8/20. And the effect of leaking i am guessing is just coming through. I told them when 1st reported it sounded like puddling and dripping. We were just going to trade it in for a different one. There are many other little things were wrong. Would NEVER buy this brand again
- Terri VH, Minnesota

2020-05-27 2019 Venture RV Stratus 281VBH View Listings

I’m not very impressed with the manufacturer of this trailer, when I was shopping for a new trailer I found the stratus in witch I fell in love with it or most of it a few things I would change but overall it was my choice of all trailers I looked at and that was a lot. We first noticed a leak inside one we looked at and it was just the awning had a small problem that silicone fixed ok can deal with that, then I get a call from the dealer stating that they found little spots on the floor caused by some sort of screws the manufacturer used on the trailer that are bleeding through the flooring. The manufacturer was aware of this didn’t notify the dealer until the dealer called them to report it. And now they are offering a small rebate off for that in witch won’t cover the cost to replace. I’m not even sure what the long term affect to the floor will be that’s scares me even more.i guess it’s back to shopping ๐Ÿ˜กps had to fill in all the review blanks but not accurate as I haven’t even got the trailer yet and probably won’t get it either not happy
- Ginger Rose-Duffy, Ontario

2020-05-18 2019 Venture RV SportTrek Touring 343VBH View Listings

I love my travel trailer, Just having some issues and was wondering if anyone else is having the same. The two skylights are leaking. (bathroom and Living area) My fan in half bath not working. I am wondering if this is a defect in the skylights. I am hoping that they come and fix it and will let everyone know. They Know about the skylight in bathroom but went to check on camper and the one in living area is now doing the same. Very angry when you pay alot for something and have only used it for 5 months and it is parked at camp as it is used for seasonal camping. Pray it gets fixed cause i really enjoy this camper and its perfect for the grandkids visits.
- Tammy Berry, Massachusetts

2020-05-03 2017 Venture RV SportTrek Touring 336VRK View Listings

We bought this RV to take to south Texas in the winter. We enjoyed three winters in it and the only reason we are listing now is because we purchased a mobile home in a gated RV park there. This trailer has been great! We installed a second air conditioner in the bedroom and that has been great! The lounge chairs are opposite the entertainment center and the living and kitchen area are open and that makes for a nice sized living room. The outside kitchen has storage, refrigerator, sink and two burner stove. Two awnings on the door side for extra shade. Pulls like a dream! Great buy if you are looking for a bit of luxury without the cost!
- Tom Pekarek, Iowa

2020-04-06 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 327VIK View Listings

We love this camper. It was great for our young kids. We are just looking for something that we can take across country. The bunk area is amazing with the built in couch that turns into bed. Also the outdoor kitchen has everything you need. TV/sink/refrigerator, and stove.
- Kevin, Michigan

2020-04-02 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

Bought this camper new after 5 months we found water under the refrigerator called the dealer and was told drain hose must be not set right. Brought it back to the dealer before the warranty was up and they zip tied the hose and said we should be good to go. They also stated there was water marks on the wood under the refrigerator. We were camping 9 months later and found a soft spot by the door. Contacted KZ (Venture) and was told it was our problem and fault. It turns out that the vent for the refrigerator was never sealed properly when it was built at the factory. This company is awful to work with. Instead of repairing the problem like a responsible company would they had us repair and pay for the repair ourselves. Beware of this company they got their money and we got all the heart aches. Stay away from their products.
- Beaterman, Kansas