Venture RV Reviews on RV Insider (59)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Venture RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Robert Partin from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Venture RV Sonic SN220VBH View Listings

My wife and I researched travel trailers for about 7 months. We started with teardrops and moved up based on the fact that the weight difference did not justify what we would give up in space and features. We were planning on buying a Micro Minnie but, at the last minute, we watched some videos on our top choices and decided that the money would be better spent on the Sonic. The Winnebago murphy bed did not really compare to what we got in the Sonic. There was also a much roomier feel. The slide out is also deeper on the Sonic. We had several features that we had decided were "musts". A 6cf fridge/freezer, Room in the bathroom to change, black tank flush and power on the awning and tongue jack. We also really like the huckbolt frame and the one piece roof. We are very pleased with the Sonic and would recommend it to others.
- Robert Partin, Texas

2020-05-18 2019 Venture RV SportTrek Touring 343VBH View Listings

I love my travel trailer, Just having some issues and was wondering if anyone else is having the same. The two skylights are leaking. (bathroom and Living area) My fan in half bath not working. I am wondering if this is a defect in the skylights. I am hoping that they come and fix it and will let everyone know. They Know about the skylight in bathroom but went to check on camper and the one in living area is now doing the same. Very angry when you pay alot for something and have only used it for 5 months and it is parked at camp as it is used for seasonal camping. Pray it gets fixed cause i really enjoy this camper and its perfect for the grandkids visits.
- Tammy Berry, Massachusetts

2020-05-03 2017 Venture RV SportTrek Touring 336VRK View Listings

We bought this RV to take to south Texas in the winter. We enjoyed three winters in it and the only reason we are listing now is because we purchased a mobile home in a gated RV park there. This trailer has been great! We installed a second air conditioner in the bedroom and that has been great! The lounge chairs are opposite the entertainment center and the living and kitchen area are open and that makes for a nice sized living room. The outside kitchen has storage, refrigerator, sink and two burner stove. Two awnings on the door side for extra shade. Pulls like a dream! Great buy if you are looking for a bit of luxury without the cost!
- Tom Pekarek, Iowa

2020-04-06 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 327VIK View Listings

We love this camper. It was great for our young kids. We are just looking for something that we can take across country. The bunk area is amazing with the built in couch that turns into bed. Also the outdoor kitchen has everything you need. TV/sink/refrigerator, and stove.
- Kevin, Michigan

2020-04-02 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

Bought this camper new after 5 months we found water under the refrigerator called the dealer and was told drain hose must be not set right. Brought it back to the dealer before the warranty was up and they zip tied the hose and said we should be good to go. They also stated there was water marks on the wood under the refrigerator. We were camping 9 months later and found a soft spot by the door. Contacted KZ (Venture) and was told it was our problem and fault. It turns out that the vent for the refrigerator was never sealed properly when it was built at the factory. This company is awful to work with. Instead of repairing the problem like a responsible company would they had us repair and pay for the repair ourselves. Beware of this company they got their money and we got all the heart aches. Stay away from their products.
- Beaterman, Kansas

2020-03-18 2019 Venture RV Stratus 271VRS View Listings

We have owned several new RVs, and every new RV is going to have some kind of warranty work. Warranty Guru "Mike" at KZ is by far the best representative we have ever dealt with in ANY industry. He listened to our concerns and immediately jumped into action. Thank you Mike! We will be purchasing another RV in a few years and plan on staying in the KZ family because of great customer service.
- Alan, Florida

2020-03-05 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

Loved the floor plan online, even better when we saw it! Bought out of state following price enticements and availability and had a great experience with Amy at Colerain Family RV in Dayton Easy towing for the length, lots of unique features, like the big closet, 2 fireplaces, huge bedroom, power stab jacks, outdoor kitchen... This one ticked all of our wish list items. We did have a skylight leak right away, but called the manufacturer and found a local service facility who had it in and out very quickly, Tri City RV was great! Looking forward to longer stays and new adventures!
- Jan T, Michigan

2020-03-05 2016 Venture RV SportTrek 290VIK View Listings

Bought this unit in April of 2016 and used it one weekend before storing it. Took it to Florida in March of 2017 for two weeks. Was stored again until February of 2018, when it was once again taken to Florida. This trip it was left in Florida and stored at the resort's lot. Overall we really like this RV, nice floorplan, plenty of storage and only one minor problem - the awning lights, which I replaced myself. The issue we are having is with all the upholstery. Keep in mind we are in our mid 70's, have no young kids, and only use this RV for two months a year. The vinyl everywhere is cracking and flaking off. The worst is on the recliners, especially the arms. We have never experienced anything like this on any other RV we have ever owned. Tried to contact the seating manufacturer and KZ but have not gotten a response. Looks like I'll have to fix this myself.
- Fred Naz, Michigan

2020-02-12 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We like our RV. But we're having a couple of major issues. I have called Ventura RV but after talking to someone about them, they're not returning my calls. I will never recommend a Ventura RV, thay don't fallow thru with there warranty. Thay have no regard for there customers. I will hilly not recommend them. It's horrible customer service.
- Bart Midkiff, Oregon

2020-01-31 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 320VIK View Listings

I would not recommend this travel trainer to anyone I bought it new feb 2018 used it one time and had to take it back to dealer for gfic plugs not working this has happen 2 times all ready and dealer can't find the problem the valance have fell off 3 times from over the window cabinet door has fell off and now the heater does not work I use this travel trailer for work it is junk and can't get any help from dealer or the company
- Donald Mcnelley, Tennessee

2020-01-15 2019 Venture RV Sonic Lite 169VRD View Listings

This is our second travel trailer. We spent alot of time researching. This Sonic has been awesome. The floor plan and build quality seem to be spot on. The pass through storage is great. Only had it about a year but I would highly recommend the Sonic lite trailers.
- Chuck Episale, New York

2020-01-12 2018 Venture RV SportTrek 343VIK View Listings

Let me just say if I didn’t enjoy camping so much I would be giving this adventure up....DO NOT EVER BUY A CAMPER FROM Stoltzfus Rv or manufactured by KZ/Venture Rv....they do not stand by their product...esp when it has been a lemon from day 1....this camper picked upon January 2018 has been nothing but problems...it now needs a completely new slide out...which the manufacturer says is too out of warranty to pay for...excuse me this has been an ongoing problem since it was returned to Stoltzfus RV in Westchester not even realizing this was a much bigger problem than some caulking they put on the area at the time. Like I have said before when we picked up camper after they “supposedly” fixed the problems...when in reality THEY created additional problems....they parked it out front and NEVER went over the repairs...the person in charge that day was rude and acted like we were nothing but a bother to him that day even though they knew we were coming. They had nothing ready to travel with this camper..thank heavens we at least checked inside but at that point could not even verify that all the problems were completed. For the manufacturer to say these issues were out of the warranty period is just wrong! This trailer was covered by a manufacturers warranty, a Forever Warranty which costs me over $300 a year to get the inspections needed for this warranty to continue “forever” plus an extended warranty I paid an additional amount for and NONE of this really covers anything. To say I’m beyond fed up is an understatement
- Bonnie boop, Pennsylvania

2020-01-09 2014 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

My first travel trailer purchase. Traveled a day's journey from Tennessee to save $4000. NEGATIVES - Year 1 problems were: missing bolt in spring shackle, major delamination of rear wall due to leaking clearance lights, fender liner came loose, back of dining booth seat came apart, interior LED lights caused major RFI preventing watching broadcast TV. Later years: outside speakers not working well, axle/bearing problems on one wheel, more chassis rust than expected. Worried about resale/trade-in in the future. Never got help from MFG on delamination, just lived with it and recaulked the clearance lights myself. POSITIVES - Love the layout for two persons. Like the general appearance. Pleased with my Andersen hitch and easy pull with 5.7 Hemi Ram 2500. Trailer kept under a shelter when not on the road.
- TopTN, Tennessee

2020-01-05 2019 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

Since buying this unit 7-8 months ago we have been out in it 6 times. We have taken it up the mountain and “boondocked”, as well as used it in full hook up parks. We were able to get 3 nights out of it off the grid with no problems just so long as we conserved power and watched out grey tank. We love how large the rear bathroom is! We have found the construction to be solid, with only one small issue being one of the stabilizer jacks fell off which was quickly replaced under warranty. Cabinetry feels sturdy, bed is comfortable, and all the appliances work well. We have had zero plumbing or electrical issues. This unit has a sink in the outdoor kitchen which is rare! Having the one piece fiberglass body has made cleaning easy and we have had zero leaks. Only wish they had put a ladder to get to the roof. It’s the two of us and two dogs. It can get crowded if there is any more than that inside, and we do occasionally say we wish we sprung for something a little bigger. That said for the length, weight and overall floor plan it’s well laid out and you get a lot in a smaller package. We tow with a 5.6 V8 2018 Silverado 1500 with zero problems. Of course we invested in a sway bar and weight distribution. I barely know the trailer is there when towing. Overall a quality trailer with many features for the price and size! Pros: Weight, large bathroom, comfortable bed, huge dinette, solid surface countertops, heated and inclosed underbelly, tow-ability, double axels, interior height, lots of interior storage, construction quality. Cons: No place for shoes when you enter trailer, awning doesn’t cover outdoor kitchen, slide out is elevated and not flush with interior floor, no oven, small pass thru openings, no rear hitch receiver for bike/storage rack.
- Tyler Eugene, Oregon

2019-12-31 2018 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

This is our 2nd Venture RV. The first was a 2017 Sonic Lite 150VRK. Pulled with a 2017 Subaru Outback 4 cyl. Have the Hensley Cub Arrow hitch. Expensive but well,well worth it. Made 4 trips form Mississippi to the north east. Washington Vermont and Virginia. Towed good even with the small Subaru it was ok. For the wife and I it was ok for the two of us. Only problem was a small leak on the back connection of the toliet. Went to Lowes and repaired it. Traded it in for a 2018 220 VRB. More room, a slideout, and outside kitchen. Now being towed by a 2019 Dodge Durango V6. Still use the Hensley Cub Arrow hitch. We have made 2 trips back to the North East coast area. No complaints. Pulls fine. Changed out the bathroom fan for a Fantastic Fan. And bought it from a dealer who offers a life time warranty on the camper. Leaks and all power accessories included. Hope to never use em. I read all reviews and understand some problems. So far we are not one. P.S. bought a case of tubes of Dicor. Caulked the entire camper. Never had a problem of leaks and didnt want any. Did the same with Sonic Lite 150 VRK. We checked out other campers and seems they all have issues from time to time. Its like a boat there is always something to fiddle with. Oh yes we keep our camper under a carport.
- Mike and Mary Harrington, Mississippi

2019-12-30 2015 Venture RV SportTrek 323VFL View Listings

we purchased this TV in April 2016. it has been a great coach, buy is very heavy hauling even with our dodge 2500 diesel. very disappointed that this year we had bubbles and fractures in the fiberglass. confirmed with dealer that it was not lack of maintenance. it's about a 4 to 5 thousand repair. manufacture will not evaluate to see If it is a defect because it's out of the 1 year warranty. beware!!
- toni harper, Ohio

2019-12-10 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 271VRB View Listings

Build quality is so-so. Every hot and cold water piping connection at a tap set leaked, all only finger tight(Both inside and outside kitchen, bathroom sink, indoor and outdoor shower). Dealer has adjusted the slide as much as possible and it is still about 3/8" off level. Entertainment player IR remote cable and FM antenna cable were attached to rear of unit wrong (crossed). The screws on slide bracket were too long and through the carpet under the dinette table along the outer wall. Every panel I opened up to address issues had debris from construction laying in the area (sawdust, panel cutouts for piping and wiring etc). Thankfully everything was addressed under warranty by the dealer in a timely fashion.
- Rob, Ontario

2019-12-09 2019 Venture RV Sonic Lite 220VBH View Listings

Great family TT has everything for camping long or wknds. Easy tow and and backing very stable with E2 hitch.has 2 propane tanks and 2 batteries to satisfy all camping needs for extended periods. Private bedroom , 2 bunks for kiddos and large queen dinette. Priced to sell with all the add ons. Selling cause of move. No place to park this rig.
- Ahmed habib, Ohio

2019-12-02 2017 Venture RV SportTrek ST327VIK View Listings

We purchased a sportrek 327vik in October 2018, brand new, never sold from dealer we purchased. We submitted tickets for repairs under warranty in February 2019. Just a 5 short months after we bought it. It is December 1 2019, and we are still without a camper. We were told that the second round of claims in september weren't under warranty. Our camper is now completely unfixable due to water damage throughout the entire camper, and we get the run around when we call to speak to anyone at venture. And yes, we are still paying for a camper we haven't used since February.
- Desiree Easley, Alabama

2019-11-28 2019 Venture RV SportTrek Touring 336VRK View Listings

Everything LEAKS... Bought extended warranty... Waste of money... A 7 month old camper and I'm fighting with manufacturer to repair their lemon they sold me... Would NEVER buy this POS ever again... Customer service is a nightmare... Seeking RV attorney as I'm tired of black mold and almost every item not working... My entire entertainment center is rotted with mold and needs to be completely rebuilt... What a POS... Should have been a boat from all of the leaks... I'm pissed... 7 months old NEW from dealer...!!!
- Thomas Siemienik, North Carolina

2019-11-16 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 336VRK View Listings

Found this one on a rv lot. Absolutely loved the floor plan! Went over it and everything seemed great. I am new to this camper thing and I wish someone had warned me if the Venture products. Have only had it two months and have found that the craftsmanship is the worst!! Seems very cheaply made once you get into it a little deeper. Everything leaks!!!!!!! Every slide, every seal, and just felt under the headboard in bedroom and it’s got water pouring in from underneath the headboard...... no clue where it’s coming from. Very poorly insulated and very thin flooring. Had mice the first night we used it. They are underneath the cabinet area and plenty of space for them but no way to get to them. They are getting in because zero of the homes for plumbing are sealed up. Pretty much gives the mice a ladder right into the camper. Just had repair man leave again and his comment was venture makes the cheapest most expensive crap! Absolutely junk and would never suggest anyone buy one!!! Straight from his mouth. I regret getting this camper!
- Lacy pierce, Kentucky

2019-11-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

We had the unit for two and a half years. Bought it due to light weight, floor plan, accessories and design. We noticed two years into ownership the bathroom floor was spongy and upon inspection was found to be rotting out due to water/wetness below the floor from unknown source. Floor joists and plywood needed to be replaced. Water source ingress was a mystery and repair shop sealed everything possible and pressure tested all lines to find source. After repairs completed we traded the unit off. Lost loads of money and faith in this company.
- Don Snell, Alberta

2019-10-17 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We bought a new 2020 Venture SportTrek mostly because we like the floor plan and the tow weight was within the range we were looking. We didn’t cheap out, and had electric jacks installed as well as the rear camera and this seemed to be ok quality. Our first trip out I noticed that the drain plug/plunger in the bathroom would not sit up and allow drainage. I had other warranty work (an awning that you could actually see light through in one spot) and asked the dealer (United RV Fort Worth) to check it out. They did and reported that it was the way it was supposed to be and the rep actually went and looked at another SportTrek on the floor and confirmed it too was the same. Really, a drain plug you have to completely remove from the sink to drain water? I contacted the manufacturer to be told “The stopper is as designed.” When I went to pick up the trailer I looked at three other brands of trailers on the floor to see that they all had the ability for the plug to sit up to allow drainage and I took pics and sent them to the maker to show what should happen. They don’t care. Also when I picked up the trailer the bathroom door was askew and would not close. The rep told me that was because the slide was out and the ground was uneven. Since the dealer returned my trailer to me with a dead battery I had no choice but to bring it home to charge it up before putting it away in storage. Once I leveled it, dropped the jacks and put out the slide, the bathroom door would still not close without force! I tried pulling in the slide and it made no difference. We spent a lot of money on this for our traveling in retirement. If a dealer and manufacturer can’t even make a sink with a functioning drain and think that is “as designed” what kind of quality can I expect down the road? (No pun intended). I am very concerned and I would not have bought this if I knew then what I know now.
- Mark Allison, Texas

2019-10-17 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

Our first trip out we noticed the bathroom drain plug would not sit up to allow water to drain. The dealer told us this is normal. Are you kidding me!? I contacted KZ, the manufacturer and they told me it is "working as designed". If they cant even make a sink plunger that only works when completely removed, I am very nervous about the overall quality and durability. Yes, one is expected to remove the stopper completely if you want to drain water. I took pics of three other brands and sent them to KZ to show this should not be normal (they all would have an up position to allow drainage. It didnt matter to them. This is a new 2020 model and already the bathroom door wont close after the dealer put the slide out. Buyers beware of the lack of support.
- Mark Allison, Texas

2019-10-13 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 290VIK View Listings

I would like to start by saying we love the camper and its layout. MODEL 290VIK. In that being said, I would think when you pay over 32,000.00 for a trailer the quality would have been better. I would like to state the issues I had, the first the freezer door was dented and the unit is not sitting in the spot correctly, the refrigerator door was so out of alignment it was hitting the trim on the bottom the side the door opens on. (pic) The shelving on the counter area had no support, the area where the hot water tank sits had a support that was short and wasn’t mounted (pic) Two of the screws that hold the blinds came out. (I had to fix) The chair had to get repaired had a rip in the material. (Dealers idea) (Should have been able to get replaced) Had two add trim along the table seat as you could see the jagged edge from the saw cut. The support that the couch was made out of 2 x 4’s were stapled and was very un-stable. All I had to do was screw the boards together to provide the support that was needed. Poor design / craftsmanship. The water fitting for the toilet was not tightened properly causing the fitting to leak water, I had to tighten. The sink in the bathroom is set back so far you hit your head on the cupboard above. The cupboard above is mounted to low as you cannot even see yourself in the mirror without bending over. Hence causing head to hit cupboard. The holes that were drilled for the rivets that hold the shower walls up were on an angle so the rivet doesn’t seat properly. This could allow water to get behind them. ( I told the dealer but they were of no help with this) Poor craftsmanship. The inside of the shower where they caulked along the back of the door were the door is mounted was done poorly, areas where there is no caulking Poor craftsmanship (pic) There is a hole under the shower for the plumbing, this hole was made to large as you could see it if you bumped the shower basin with your foot, I had to mount a piece of wood behind to correct it. (Check if have pic) The converter for the electrical in the bathroom cupboard is causing the metal objects in that cupboard to corrode, top hinge and also the toilet holder I mounted in that cupboard. Told dealer he replaced the hinge and didn’t correct the cause (pic) what are you going to do to correct this? Air flow to the bedroom was poor, found a piece of foil blocking the vent (pic) The stabilizer jacks are mounted on a piece of metal that mounts to the trailer Poor design / craftsmanship doesn’t keep the trailer from shaking. (had to remount myself) (pic) The screws that hold the caps onto the awning were stripped, I had to put rivets. Hood vent for stove was mounted with screws that were on such an angle it didn’t hit the wood to hold it up. I had to fix this issue. There were two holes that were not filled with foam that lead to the outside. The floor has sticky spots all over I had to get it removed. (Dealer should have had this covered) This is a 30 foot camper and you supply a 30 foot cord unable to connect to the electrical without having to use another cord. Poor design on the electrical cord location. (Tried to get dealer to provide a longer cord and I would pay the difference wouldn’t do it) Poor location on the city water hookup. One electrical outlet on the outside of the camper located at the back of the trailer when would this ever get used. Why wouldn’t it be under the awning area where ever other manufacture puts them? If I had to rate this camper I would give it a 2 star rating because of all the things I had to do to get this camper in working order, if it wasn’t for me knowing how to make these corrections someone would have had to have this at the dealer for several weeks to get this completed. SAD If they would have taken some pride in their work many of these issues could have been avoided and not occurred.
- Wiliam Neumann, Michigan