Venture RV RVs Reviews (38)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Venture RV RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Robert Partin from Texas says:

Have you owned any Venture RV RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Venture RV Sonic SN220VBH View Listings

My wife and I researched travel trailers for about 7 months. We started with teardrops and moved up based on the fact that the weight difference did not justify what we would give up in space and features. We were planning on buying a Micro Minnie but, at the last minute, we watched some videos on our top choices and decided that the money would be better spent on the Sonic. The Winnebago murphy bed did not really compare to what we got in the Sonic. There was also a much roomier feel. The slide out is also deeper on the Sonic. We had several features that we had decided were "musts". A 6cf fridge/freezer, Room in the bathroom to change, black tank flush and power on the awning and tongue jack. We also really like the huckbolt frame and the one piece roof. We are very pleased with the Sonic and would recommend it to others.
- Robert Partin, Texas

2019-10-17 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We bought a new 2020 Venture SportTrek mostly because we like the floor plan and the tow weight was within the range we were looking. We didn’t cheap out, and had electric jacks installed as well as the rear camera and this seemed to be ok quality. Our first trip out I noticed that the drain plug/plunger in the bathroom would not sit up and allow drainage. I had other warranty work (an awning that you could actually see light through in one spot) and asked the dealer (United RV Fort Worth) to check it out. They did and reported that it was the way it was supposed to be and the rep actually went and looked at another SportTrek on the floor and confirmed it too was the same. Really, a drain plug you have to completely remove from the sink to drain water? I contacted the manufacturer to be told “The stopper is as designed.” When I went to pick up the trailer I looked at three other brands of trailers on the floor to see that they all had the ability for the plug to sit up to allow drainage and I took pics and sent them to the maker to show what should happen. They don’t care. Also when I picked up the trailer the bathroom door was askew and would not close. The rep told me that was because the slide was out and the ground was uneven. Since the dealer returned my trailer to me with a dead battery I had no choice but to bring it home to charge it up before putting it away in storage. Once I leveled it, dropped the jacks and put out the slide, the bathroom door would still not close without force! I tried pulling in the slide and it made no difference. We spent a lot of money on this for our traveling in retirement. If a dealer and manufacturer can’t even make a sink with a functioning drain and think that is “as designed” what kind of quality can I expect down the road? (No pun intended). I am very concerned and I would not have bought this if I knew then what I know now.
- Mark Allison, Texas

2019-10-17 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

Our first trip out we noticed the bathroom drain plug would not sit up to allow water to drain. The dealer told us this is normal. Are you kidding me!? I contacted KZ, the manufacturer and they told me it is "working as designed". If they cant even make a sink plunger that only works when completely removed, I am very nervous about the overall quality and durability. Yes, one is expected to remove the stopper completely if you want to drain water. I took pics of three other brands and sent them to KZ to show this should not be normal (they all would have an up position to allow drainage. It didnt matter to them. This is a new 2020 model and already the bathroom door wont close after the dealer put the slide out. Buyers beware of the lack of support.
- Mark Allison, Texas

2019-10-13 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 290VIK View Listings

I would like to start by saying we love the camper and its layout. MODEL 290VIK. In that being said, I would think when you pay over 32,000.00 for a trailer the quality would have been better. I would like to state the issues I had, the first the freezer door was dented and the unit is not sitting in the spot correctly, the refrigerator door was so out of alignment it was hitting the trim on the bottom the side the door opens on. (pic) The shelving on the counter area had no support, the area where the hot water tank sits had a support that was short and wasn’t mounted (pic) Two of the screws that hold the blinds came out. (I had to fix) The chair had to get repaired had a rip in the material. (Dealers idea) (Should have been able to get replaced) Had two add trim along the table seat as you could see the jagged edge from the saw cut. The support that the couch was made out of 2 x 4’s were stapled and was very un-stable. All I had to do was screw the boards together to provide the support that was needed. Poor design / craftsmanship. The water fitting for the toilet was not tightened properly causing the fitting to leak water, I had to tighten. The sink in the bathroom is set back so far you hit your head on the cupboard above. The cupboard above is mounted to low as you cannot even see yourself in the mirror without bending over. Hence causing head to hit cupboard. The holes that were drilled for the rivets that hold the shower walls up were on an angle so the rivet doesn’t seat properly. This could allow water to get behind them. ( I told the dealer but they were of no help with this) Poor craftsmanship. The inside of the shower where they caulked along the back of the door were the door is mounted was done poorly, areas where there is no caulking Poor craftsmanship (pic) There is a hole under the shower for the plumbing, this hole was made to large as you could see it if you bumped the shower basin with your foot, I had to mount a piece of wood behind to correct it. (Check if have pic) The converter for the electrical in the bathroom cupboard is causing the metal objects in that cupboard to corrode, top hinge and also the toilet holder I mounted in that cupboard. Told dealer he replaced the hinge and didn’t correct the cause (pic) what are you going to do to correct this? Air flow to the bedroom was poor, found a piece of foil blocking the vent (pic) The stabilizer jacks are mounted on a piece of metal that mounts to the trailer Poor design / craftsmanship doesn’t keep the trailer from shaking. (had to remount myself) (pic) The screws that hold the caps onto the awning were stripped, I had to put rivets. Hood vent for stove was mounted with screws that were on such an angle it didn’t hit the wood to hold it up. I had to fix this issue. There were two holes that were not filled with foam that lead to the outside. The floor has sticky spots all over I had to get it removed. (Dealer should have had this covered) This is a 30 foot camper and you supply a 30 foot cord unable to connect to the electrical without having to use another cord. Poor design on the electrical cord location. (Tried to get dealer to provide a longer cord and I would pay the difference wouldn’t do it) Poor location on the city water hookup. One electrical outlet on the outside of the camper located at the back of the trailer when would this ever get used. Why wouldn’t it be under the awning area where ever other manufacture puts them? If I had to rate this camper I would give it a 2 star rating because of all the things I had to do to get this camper in working order, if it wasn’t for me knowing how to make these corrections someone would have had to have this at the dealer for several weeks to get this completed. SAD If they would have taken some pride in their work many of these issues could have been avoided and not occurred.
- Wiliam Neumann, Michigan

2019-10-09 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Bought new. Only good thing is floor plan. Had leaks under kitchen sink on first trip. Awning came loose from body which dealer did fix. After four years skin has developed dimples on rear and front causing marker lights to leak water into rear bathroom. Neither dealer or Venture, K-Z will address the dimples. Or why they occurred. They know there is a problem but refuse to address. All maintenance has been kept up on this unit but dealer kept referring back to maintenance. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and any of there products.
- M.T., Ohio

2019-08-27 2020 Venture RV SportTrek ST327VIK View Listings

We love our new Sport Trek. First thing, you don’t see very many! My favorite thing about our model is that the seating area is on the camp side. So many RVs we looked at have the kitchen on the camp side. Now, we have a huge king-U dinnette overlooking our camp side and not the neighbors. Floor plan is perfect. Tows great when properly balancing the load. Kids love the bunkhouse. Getting around the master bed is tight, but I knew that when I bought it. I typically go through the bathroom to get to my side. Storage is plentiful! Love the double frameless awnings with wind sensor. The integrated Bluetooth LevelMatePRO is awesome. Only thing I wish it had was power stabilization, but my impact driver works fine. Only issue I’ve had is I have a loose connection in my antenna that I need to find. Reception is poor. Other than that, highly recommend the Sport Trek! Bought at Colerain RV in Delaware, OH.
- James P., Ohio

2019-08-21 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 343VIK View Listings

I bought the RV to just live in temporarily when I moved for a new job. The dealer delivered it to the campground about 100 yards from the dealer and after a week had the belly fill up with water from the P trap in the shower leaking. The dealer service tech. came to the campground to fix it since it was so close and after he fixed the trap I had water leaking from under bathroom sink,island sink. The electrical system in the front of the outside storage area worked half the time and the tv outside just quit working after about 2 months of using it maybe twice. After a year it hasn’t been as bad as some of the reviews we had a couple of windows leak after 3 months in the hot humid weather in southern Louisiana but only in severe storms. The propane regulator and rubber hose rotted and dual valve broke after about 6 months so I got to the point that I wasn’t going to deal with the manufacturer or dealer anymore due to getting the runaround and it was too aggravating and probably would of ended up behind bars so I just fixed it myself and I will NEVER EVER buy anything from this manufacturer again cause you don’t get what you pay for so spend a little more money and get one in the top 10 RV to own cause this one is dead last. Me and my family own 5 RVs and are not new to any of this but the RV my parents bought 30 years ago is in better shape than this one and the only road time it has on it is 100 yards.
- Matt Hough, Louisiana

2019-08-20 2016 Venture RV SportTrek 282VRL View Listings

Piece of junk. 4th rv i have had and this one is pure junk cheap everything. first year replaced - tv - water tank- counter top - door lock - mattress-battery - elect front jack -dvd player and now bed frame comming apart.
- William Vendzuh, Michigan

2019-08-18 2020 Venture RV Stratus 281VBH View Listings

So far a very good RV. Love the layout and the white/dark interior combo. A few small things that needed to be fixed by my husband but the dealership would have helped had we asked. I would not pay over 32k for this as many are advertising 35k to 43k so do your research. Outside kitchen does not safely accommodate short people so we have to build a step to assist which is just another short person problem. We have used 4x now and tested everything. All is great with so much room. We fit a Graco portable crib nicely with room to spare by the couch. The bunk beds were not comfy for adults so I bought a 3” memory foam pad and cut to fit and it’s now a fully made double bed options for guests. My daughter said they are very comfy. The walk in closet is the biggest storage closet out of all brands we walked thru. That was 50% of our deal breaker with all other brands. They put storage where no one else did and it makes a huge difference. The dinette table isn’t the sturdiest for some reason but that can be looked at. Have not gone thru rainy season yet so if this leaks at all my review will be updated. If we had to buy again we would have added the auto leveling jacks even if aftermarket. Really recommend to anyone who wants to haul with a 1/2 ton truck with no issues.
- Davis, Washington

2019-07-10 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 252VRD View Listings

We really liked the layout and equipment that it came with but we have had it into the dealer 3 times for warrenty work and it needs to go back in. There were terrible delays on getting parts from the mfg. hence having the RV unavailable for long periods of time. Major problems - the electric jack failed (would not work manually either... Had to use truck jack to get the RV off the hitch. The stiching on the furniture are coming undone. The awning has pulled loose from track - never had in windy conditions or heavy rain. It wont retract and pull in all the way. There were many parts that needed to be repaired. Poor craftsmanship on the construction.
- richard ertel, North Carolina

2019-07-02 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 343VIK View Listings

Love our 2019 sporttrek 343vik purchased last summer but very disappointed with Venture / KZ RV with horrible dealer support on warranty items not being shipped to the dealer in a timely manner! Apparently dealers have a difficult time even getting ahold of anyone to check on replacement parts. Colerain RV has been trying to get a simple LED awning light strip from them for 5 weeks!!! That's ridiculous and unacceptable!
- Phil Linxwiler , Indiana

2019-06-27 2016 Venture RV SportTrek 302VTH View Listings

Nice floor plan-- able to access front-to-back with slide retracted (great for lunch at rest stops). Like having garage as dedicated room (with door to main area). Like all RVs I've looked at, there were things that should have been caught with factory QA, instead of having the dealer fix it at time of purchase, or during the warranty period. We primarily used for 3-day weekend trips, and it worked great either at a campground or dry camping. No problems towing.
- Cris Rhea, Minnesota

2019-04-28 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 320VIK View Listings

we bought our 320vik in july 2016. the only issue we had with it is the tv reception. called venture ourself. they gave the ok to replace antenna. took it to the dealer. they found loose cable at antenna. it has a great floor plan. my wife uses a walker. plenty of room for her to get around. we really like our home away from home.
- NORM FEARS, Iowa

2019-03-12 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 343VIK View Listings

Where to start? First, RV consumers have 0 rights in any state! You should be prepared to pay for what ever you get!! I have had so many issues, from the black tank exploding, bed frame completely falling apart, lighting and electrical issues, dealer damage, etc...etc... Venture is basically non responsive and their servicing dealers are worthless! We paid a premium for what seemed to be a very well made and laid out RV, It had tons of storage, 2 fireplaces, outdoor kitchen, and much more. It depreciate almost 50% within the first year. We purchased the unit in July of 2017, had first service called into selling dealer in Oct and didn’t repairs until Dec. Second service need was when the black tank exploded when we were out of town with it. That took a month and we had to stay in a hotel! The servicing dealer caused damage to the rv while in their possession, which we did not see until we got it home (2 1/2 hours from there) The third service was to repair what had not been repaired the first 2 times, as well as, damaged items in Sept 2018 and as of today...the unit is still at that servicing dealer (6 MONTHS!!!!!) We call, and get no response most of time. The last return call I received was the first of January and was told everything was repaired but the outdoor kitchen countertop and would be call the following date for an eta. (No call) I left several messages and finally got a return call from a new service writer who asked me what problems I was having with my rv and when I could bring it to them for service. I informed her that it was there and how long it had been there and she told me she was new and her manager just told her to call me because I was Pi$$ed. (Now that’s customer service ;-)) She stated that she would call me back, that didn’t happen. We went by the dealership to get a few items out of the rv and and was at the back of the lot, behind other rv’s, all doors were unlocked (we have belongings in it), and there was a huge dent and scratch on one of the slide outs that was not there when we took it in. We were approached by a service technician who told us that we could not be back there. My husband told him to get the manager. I went inside and there were electrical plugs out of the walls, paneling still coming off, bed frame not repaired....but everything was done except outdoor kitchen?!?!?!?!?
- Carla, Texas

2019-02-20 2015 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

I Bought My Sonic 190 Used and from None Sonic Dealer. And contacted the Venture for information and items we wanted. And have has been a pleasure to work With helpful courteous and Knowledgeable Made the dicision to purchase, of our RV satisfying knowing I have a company so nice to work with if needed that stands behind there product
- norman boucher, Connecticut

2018-12-11 2019 Venture RV Sonic 220VBH View Listings

They don’t have our model to review, it’s actually a 2019 Venture SportTrek touring addition 343VBH We bought this brand new and have had nothing but problems with it! We’ve stayed in it two months. An rv repairman came out 2 weeks into it and had to fix wiring issues and a fireplace. Two weeks after that our grey water tank fell out of the bottom of the rv. They “fixed” it and 10 days later it started to fall again. We are stationary until May, and the underneath is bowing again like the tank is either falling or it’s holding water. Our sink has fallen, bathroom door isn’t lined up and won’t close, there’s a space between the ceiling and bunk doorframe that continues to get bigger. Problem after problem it’s a piece of junk for being brand new and paying what we did. And the place we bought it from doesn’t want to do a trade in and is giving us the run around. Never buy a Venture!
- Timber , Oklahoma

2018-11-27 2019 Venture RV Sonic 220VBH View Listings

We did a lot of research before buying this trailer as our second Travel trailer as we had a long list of requirements based on our experience with other trailers and camper vans. Some of the requirements were a full bathroom with sink and glass shower doors, a slide with dinette, a Murphy bed with couch, a usable kitchen counter; all within our tow vehicle limits of 7200 lbs gross weight and, more importantly max tongue weight of 575 lbs. (Mercedes ML350 Bluetec diesel). This is actually hard to do! We have been very pleased with this trailer on our month long break-in trip of over 5000 km (3000 miles) to Glacier National Park and the Canadian Rockies National parks. It tows very well making over 20 mpg (Imperial) in the Rockies ( diesels are great). It is very livable even with 4 adults. Unlike a lot of other travel trailers we considered, it appears the designers have actually gone RVing themselves; there are lots of nice touches like the hidden phone recharge cabinet with outlet, double sink, large fridge, slam latch storage doors, lots of storage, etc. Unlike some of the other reviewers, we have not had any serious issues (perhaps not yet!) other than a screw vibrating loose on the heater cover. As with most travel trailers it is built from very light materials in order to get the weight down, so you can’t expect solid construction. It does meet the requirements. It has a very noisy water pump but putting some foam pipe insulation on the pipes near the pump helped a lot. I have also bought an accumulator tank to help as well (installation is a next Spring project). I gave it lower marks on towability due to weight distribution issues. Even though specs read that it has a 1000 lb payload, this doesn’t include the air conditioner nor electric hitch which adds weight and decreases payload. It also does not include the propane nor water weight. After transferring our stuff from our old Jayco along with a few other new things we found the Sonic was overloaded by about 70 lbs without any fresh oe waste water on board. Once we unloade to within limits we had to carefully manage the loading to keep the tongue weight down including running only one battery since it sits directly on the tongue, and substituting a five lb propane tank for one of the twenty lb tanks (40 lbs with propane loaded). So despite the copious storage area you can’t stuff them. If you have a vehicle with better tongue weight specs life will be easier. Our pack-up routine consists of draining both waste and fresh water tanks and making sure tongue weight is under 275 lbs. But all things considered this is a great trailer for long trips within ou tow vehicles Cleo limits.
- Chuck S, British Columbia

2018-10-08 2018 Venture RV SportTrek 327VIK View Listings

Very dissappointed, 20+ problems had 5 months, bent axle, paneling falling off or bowing, slide issues, many things I have fixed myself, would not recommend to anyone, can't believe I spent this much money on something with such poor quality, it's now at dealer for 4th time, positive comments, dealer service better, wife likes layout
- DT Greenly, Texas

2018-07-11 2018 Venture RV SportTrek 343VIK View Listings

I have had my 2018 Venture RV Sporttrek 343VIK for almost a year now, and it has had one problem after the next. It has been in the shop about double the time I have camped in it. It seem for every 2 week I have used it, it spends at least a month getting warranty work done. Most of the time spent in the shop is waiting on parts, I would assume the reason for that is, is to waste time so I can't make more warranty claims, as the year warranty that comes with it is about to expire. The problems: 1. One of the slides floors was warped so bad the the table and chairs were all leaniong at about a 10 degree angle. 2. Water leaks, in a lot of places, places you could not see until it leaked though and soaked the carpets. 3. The AM/FM receiver is junk (Furrion) 4. Black water tank leaked; yes this was a very BAD thing 5. The light switches were wired wrong 6. The slides were all misaligned 7. The complete undercharge had to be replaced, due to the black water tank was cracked. 8. Some of the outlets didn't work 9. The LP outlet for the outside kitchen was not in the correct place, so you could NOT hook up the LP stove. Over all this thing has been nothing but a very big pain in the ***, I would not recommend a Venture RV to anyone, they are extremely expensive for what they are...JUNK. The good things (very few): 1. The floor plan is great! Yeap, that's about it. The workman ship, if you could call it tha,t is the worst I have ever seen, I would say in the car realm it is about a Yugo. DO NOT BUY!
- Bob Stewart, Florida

2018-07-06 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 320VIK View Listings

We bought this unit brand new last summer, had absolutely everything we wanted. We went out 5 times last year without issues. This year we opened it to find a crack on the drivers side at the left corner of bunk slide out that is inside and out. I have contacted the company and still no response. I called the dealership where we purchased sent them pictures, they contacted company and still no resolution. One of the cupboard doors is coming apart and today the awning arm broke. I wish we had read these reviews before we purchased this unit. At this point my husband says they can come get it because it is not well made and apparently they know this and don't stand behind their product. Has anyone that has had issues had them resolved?
- Barbara Gould, Maine

2018-06-29 2018 Venture RV SportTrek 327VIK View Listings

Purchased our trailer today. Tonight it came a good rain as I was packing the camper. I found myself standing in water from leaky windows. I can't speak for customer service yet.. But someone will be fixing this besides me.
- C. Wright, Florida

2018-06-27 2016 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

Excellent floor plan for two people and that is it! Going to list the items we had issues with in no specific order and note that I had to perform all repairs myself as the dealer was not reliable: Entry door would not close, major fix All sinks leaked Plumbing leaks in Kitchen, bathroom sink, toilet Microwave scratched and died Microwave falling out, not secured Flooring improperly installed - yellow spots from glue Queen bed frame wobbly, added bracing All cabinetry screws loose All window blind shades came off wall due to screws stripped Water leak in bathroom rear wall major fix Shower floor not supported major fix Floor in bathroom has sink hole major fix No bed struts for easy lifting I added hydraulic shocks No receptacle in kitchen counter by stove, I added one for coffee maker Awning arms came loose from trailer major fix All wiring under trailer had to redone and properly clamped Fridge died due to arcing from bad crimps I had to replace main board no warranty Front circuit breaker on trailer A-Frame died due to bad crimps Front bedroom closets hanger rods came down due to stripped screws All lights blinking due to bad crimps All lights still flickered due to bad crimps on wall switches All ceiling light fixtures loose due to stripped screws Kitchen window hard to open major fix Outside shower leaked Outside shower door fell open while travelling Insufficient bracing on rear and front curved wall, should be 12" centres not 24", no fix I can do, fibreglass is flexing bad - praying that it holds Bathroom exhaust fan intermittent bad crimps The quality from Venture is very very poor, 0 out of ten. If you are mechanically inclined and Jack of all trades STAY away from buying this trailer, we seen that the new builds under Thor ownership is same!
- Doodles, Ontario

2018-01-14 2018 Venture RV SportTrek 302VTH View Listings

Love the floor design, interior décor, tows great behind a 2016 1500 Silverado. Plenty of room in the garage for a Harley Heritage, bicycles grill and more. Bathroom vanity is a little cramped. Tank level panel hard to read. Currently dealing with leak damage front closet, repaired by dealer but de-lamination has occurred on front outside. Waiting for Venture RV, dealer response of claim. I have contacted Venture RV directly with no response. Not able to rate Manufacturer Warranty at this time.
- Ron Kurtz, Florida

2017-12-17 2016 Venture RV Sonic 170VRD View Listings

We bought this camper and really love everything about the design. We had window leak issues, water under cabinet issues and a leaking sky light. It seems the warranty just happened to expire weeks earlier but while on our trips we did contact out sales rep who told us not to worry just enjoy and they will take care of it when we re turn. Surprise they won't.
- Debbie, Illinois

2017-11-15 2015 Venture RV SportTrek 280VRB View Listings

My husband and I bought the trailer in 2015. We have been having issues with the trailer with our first trip. The shelf broke fell on top of my husband. Plumbing poorly done have a leaking sink in the kitchen and restroom and staples from the carpet protruding. Poorly manufactured trailer!
- Ancilla, Texas