Venture RV Reviews on RV Insider (65)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Venture RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Robert Partin from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Venture RV Sonic SN220VBH View Listings

My wife and I researched travel trailers for about 7 months. We started with teardrops and moved up based on the fact that the weight difference did not justify what we would give up in space and features. We were planning on buying a Micro Minnie but, at the last minute, we watched some videos on our top choices and decided that the money would be better spent on the Sonic. The Winnebago murphy bed did not really compare to what we got in the Sonic. There was also a much roomier feel. The slide out is also deeper on the Sonic. We had several features that we had decided were "musts". A 6cf fridge/freezer, Room in the bathroom to change, black tank flush and power on the awning and tongue jack. We also really like the huckbolt frame and the one piece roof. We are very pleased with the Sonic and would recommend it to others.
- Robert Partin, Texas

2020-07-21 2019 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

I chose the 19' Sonic RV (2019) because it is aesthetically pleasing, light weight, twin axle, has a large fresh-water tank, great floor plan (for solo travel), good cupboard storage for a 19', and a corner shower with doors. Pulls very well behind my diesel Touareg SUV, I don't use any load-leveling or anti-sway device. Got the optional rear-facing camera, adjusted it up, have a large wireless screen on the dash, and therefore don't use trailering mirrors. This is only my 2nd weekend camping since purchase, but unfortunately, I have had problems. The fridge doesn't work, and I'm using a cooler while awaiting a replacement. The first time I pulled the stopper and emptied the kitchen sink, the water rushed out from under the cabinet on the floor. The hot water tank does not heat on electric. The standard red 'lock' lever on the door doesn't lock. Hopefully these things will be rectified by the dealer. Also, the vent is 1-speed with only a 5" fan blade, and the unit is subject to a recall because it leaks. Velcro pads glued to the dinette cushions peeled off. The inside cabinetry is very cheaply made, all glued and stapled, low-quality throughout (admittedly, the unit lists at a low price, so I didn't expect quality). No 12v plug inside (for coolers, etc.). The AC unit blows 80% rear/20% front, so the bathroom is freezing and the couch/bed area is warm. Stovetop has no way to ignite the flame, it must be lit manually. The Sonic 19 is highly towable so great for road trips, but is cheaply made inside.
- Thomas Richards, Ontario

2020-07-09 2019 Venture RV SportTrek 322VBH View Listings

We Love this Trailer. The floor plan is incredible. We've pulled it over 16000 miles and it pulls well. We have upgraded the tires to Goodyear Endurance. Which I wish the factory would just install from the get go. We have had some issues but none that have made it unusable and the Manufacture has always taken care of it. They are in fact taking it after camping season to make repairs. We would by another Trailer or fifth wheel from them. Doug and Vicki
- Doug, Ohio

2020-07-08 2016 Venture RV Sonic 234VBH View Listings

Love the floor plan, bought in 2018 from an RV dealer. But like reading others, our back bathroom wall started dimpling and leaked, we took the wall apart, it was all rotted! You touched the wood and it turns to dust! Wish I could include photo’s! Looks like black mold! Luckily my husband is a talented carpenter and we are fixing, even the dimples, so disappointed after only 3 years and still making payments! Bought this in Idaho and drove up! I guess you never know what is behind those walls! As I say we love the floor plan, but would never replace with another Sonic!
- Jacqueline Hanson, Alaska

2020-06-12 2015 Venture RV SportTrek 280VRB View Listings

We have never had any problems with it, nice big trailer with lots of room, full size bed and outside kitchen. Our's is 2014 year, I'd give it 5 out of 5, it's a bargain if you find this model used and in a good shape
- Gabby, Saskatchewan

2020-06-08 2019 Venture RV SportTrek Touring 333VRE View Listings

This trailer has been a piece of junk from the start! There were so many mistakes at the factory that Nobody cared enough to fix. I don't even know where to start. 1. DR window had hole in the metal frame. Like someone put a screw in and then decided it was in wrong place. But left the window in hole and all.The kitchen drawers were so crooked you could see the sides of the drawers a good 2-3 inches on all of them. There was so much debris under the bedroom floor and some of it was going to poke holes in linoleum. The repairman had to slice it at the bedroom door. Then cleaned debris from under linoleum some how. And now I have a silver strip in doorway. The biggest one was water problem with the main water source. O noticed water coming from under the tub.We began to research and discover the problem. Under the bathroom sink is where the main water line comes in. The hole they cut was jagged. They didn't put one of plastic hole cover s on it. So by turning water on and off the hose wiggled and kept rubbing and put hole in tube. Regrettingly It had been doing long time. The underbelly was full of water!! We first had to drain the water,and then pull down the liner. Then had to take all the insulation out and replace the soaking wet stuff. Now we have leakage on a slide out. When we 1st bought it I told dealer about it and had it on work order. The technician didn't leave any remark on it in our notes. And dealer is saying basically to bad. Hubby thinks it is from 2 screws that weren't tighten down. And that the rain gutter over flows and runs back on the slide out. So now the fight will begin. We bought in early 2018. And told them within 2 months, now it is 6/8/20. And the effect of leaking i am guessing is just coming through. I told them when 1st reported it sounded like puddling and dripping. We were just going to trade it in for a different one. There are many other little things were wrong. Would NEVER buy this brand again
- Terri VH, Minnesota

2020-05-27 2019 Venture RV Stratus 281VBH View Listings

I’m not very impressed with the manufacturer of this trailer, when I was shopping for a new trailer I found the stratus in witch I fell in love with it or most of it a few things I would change but overall it was my choice of all trailers I looked at and that was a lot. We first noticed a leak inside one we looked at and it was just the awning had a small problem that silicone fixed ok can deal with that, then I get a call from the dealer stating that they found little spots on the floor caused by some sort of screws the manufacturer used on the trailer that are bleeding through the flooring. The manufacturer was aware of this didn’t notify the dealer until the dealer called them to report it. And now they are offering a small rebate off for that in witch won’t cover the cost to replace. I’m not even sure what the long term affect to the floor will be that’s scares me even more.i guess it’s back to shopping 😡ps had to fill in all the review blanks but not accurate as I haven’t even got the trailer yet and probably won’t get it either not happy
- Ginger Rose-Duffy, Ontario

2020-05-18 2019 Venture RV SportTrek Touring 343VBH View Listings

I love my travel trailer, Just having some issues and was wondering if anyone else is having the same. The two skylights are leaking. (bathroom and Living area) My fan in half bath not working. I am wondering if this is a defect in the skylights. I am hoping that they come and fix it and will let everyone know. They Know about the skylight in bathroom but went to check on camper and the one in living area is now doing the same. Very angry when you pay alot for something and have only used it for 5 months and it is parked at camp as it is used for seasonal camping. Pray it gets fixed cause i really enjoy this camper and its perfect for the grandkids visits.
- Tammy Berry, Massachusetts

2020-05-03 2017 Venture RV SportTrek Touring 336VRK View Listings

We bought this RV to take to south Texas in the winter. We enjoyed three winters in it and the only reason we are listing now is because we purchased a mobile home in a gated RV park there. This trailer has been great! We installed a second air conditioner in the bedroom and that has been great! The lounge chairs are opposite the entertainment center and the living and kitchen area are open and that makes for a nice sized living room. The outside kitchen has storage, refrigerator, sink and two burner stove. Two awnings on the door side for extra shade. Pulls like a dream! Great buy if you are looking for a bit of luxury without the cost!
- Tom Pekarek, Iowa

2020-04-06 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 327VIK View Listings

We love this camper. It was great for our young kids. We are just looking for something that we can take across country. The bunk area is amazing with the built in couch that turns into bed. Also the outdoor kitchen has everything you need. TV/sink/refrigerator, and stove.
- Kevin, Michigan

2020-04-02 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

Bought this camper new after 5 months we found water under the refrigerator called the dealer and was told drain hose must be not set right. Brought it back to the dealer before the warranty was up and they zip tied the hose and said we should be good to go. They also stated there was water marks on the wood under the refrigerator. We were camping 9 months later and found a soft spot by the door. Contacted KZ (Venture) and was told it was our problem and fault. It turns out that the vent for the refrigerator was never sealed properly when it was built at the factory. This company is awful to work with. Instead of repairing the problem like a responsible company would they had us repair and pay for the repair ourselves. Beware of this company they got their money and we got all the heart aches. Stay away from their products.
- Beaterman, Kansas

2020-03-18 2019 Venture RV Stratus 271VRS View Listings

We have owned several new RVs, and every new RV is going to have some kind of warranty work. Warranty Guru "Mike" at KZ is by far the best representative we have ever dealt with in ANY industry. He listened to our concerns and immediately jumped into action. Thank you Mike! We will be purchasing another RV in a few years and plan on staying in the KZ family because of great customer service.
- Alan, Florida

2020-03-05 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

Loved the floor plan online, even better when we saw it! Bought out of state following price enticements and availability and had a great experience with Amy at Colerain Family RV in Dayton Easy towing for the length, lots of unique features, like the big closet, 2 fireplaces, huge bedroom, power stab jacks, outdoor kitchen... This one ticked all of our wish list items. We did have a skylight leak right away, but called the manufacturer and found a local service facility who had it in and out very quickly, Tri City RV was great! Looking forward to longer stays and new adventures!
- Jan T, Michigan

2020-03-05 2016 Venture RV SportTrek 290VIK View Listings

Bought this unit in April of 2016 and used it one weekend before storing it. Took it to Florida in March of 2017 for two weeks. Was stored again until February of 2018, when it was once again taken to Florida. This trip it was left in Florida and stored at the resort's lot. Overall we really like this RV, nice floorplan, plenty of storage and only one minor problem - the awning lights, which I replaced myself. The issue we are having is with all the upholstery. Keep in mind we are in our mid 70's, have no young kids, and only use this RV for two months a year. The vinyl everywhere is cracking and flaking off. The worst is on the recliners, especially the arms. We have never experienced anything like this on any other RV we have ever owned. Tried to contact the seating manufacturer and KZ but have not gotten a response. Looks like I'll have to fix this myself.
- Fred Naz, Michigan

2020-02-12 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We like our RV. But we're having a couple of major issues. I have called Ventura RV but after talking to someone about them, they're not returning my calls. I will never recommend a Ventura RV, thay don't fallow thru with there warranty. Thay have no regard for there customers. I will hilly not recommend them. It's horrible customer service.
- Bart Midkiff, Oregon

2020-01-31 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 320VIK View Listings

I would not recommend this travel trainer to anyone I bought it new feb 2018 used it one time and had to take it back to dealer for gfic plugs not working this has happen 2 times all ready and dealer can't find the problem the valance have fell off 3 times from over the window cabinet door has fell off and now the heater does not work I use this travel trailer for work it is junk and can't get any help from dealer or the company
- Donald Mcnelley, Tennessee

2020-01-15 2019 Venture RV Sonic Lite 169VRD View Listings

This is our second travel trailer. We spent alot of time researching. This Sonic has been awesome. The floor plan and build quality seem to be spot on. The pass through storage is great. Only had it about a year but I would highly recommend the Sonic lite trailers.
- Chuck Episale, New York

2020-01-12 2018 Venture RV SportTrek 343VIK View Listings

Let me just say if I didn’t enjoy camping so much I would be giving this adventure up....DO NOT EVER BUY A CAMPER FROM Stoltzfus Rv or manufactured by KZ/Venture Rv....they do not stand by their product...esp when it has been a lemon from day 1....this camper picked upon January 2018 has been nothing but problems...it now needs a completely new slide out...which the manufacturer says is too out of warranty to pay for...excuse me this has been an ongoing problem since it was returned to Stoltzfus RV in Westchester not even realizing this was a much bigger problem than some caulking they put on the area at the time. Like I have said before when we picked up camper after they “supposedly” fixed the problems...when in reality THEY created additional problems....they parked it out front and NEVER went over the repairs...the person in charge that day was rude and acted like we were nothing but a bother to him that day even though they knew we were coming. They had nothing ready to travel with this camper..thank heavens we at least checked inside but at that point could not even verify that all the problems were completed. For the manufacturer to say these issues were out of the warranty period is just wrong! This trailer was covered by a manufacturers warranty, a Forever Warranty which costs me over $300 a year to get the inspections needed for this warranty to continue “forever” plus an extended warranty I paid an additional amount for and NONE of this really covers anything. To say I’m beyond fed up is an understatement
- Bonnie boop, Pennsylvania

2020-01-09 2014 Venture RV Sonic 190VRB View Listings

My first travel trailer purchase. Traveled a day's journey from Tennessee to save $4000. NEGATIVES - Year 1 problems were: missing bolt in spring shackle, major delamination of rear wall due to leaking clearance lights, fender liner came loose, back of dining booth seat came apart, interior LED lights caused major RFI preventing watching broadcast TV. Later years: outside speakers not working well, axle/bearing problems on one wheel, more chassis rust than expected. Worried about resale/trade-in in the future. Never got help from MFG on delamination, just lived with it and recaulked the clearance lights myself. POSITIVES - Love the layout for two persons. Like the general appearance. Pleased with my Andersen hitch and easy pull with 5.7 Hemi Ram 2500. Trailer kept under a shelter when not on the road.
- TopTN, Tennessee

2020-01-05 2019 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

Since buying this unit 7-8 months ago we have been out in it 6 times. We have taken it up the mountain and “boondocked”, as well as used it in full hook up parks. We were able to get 3 nights out of it off the grid with no problems just so long as we conserved power and watched out grey tank. We love how large the rear bathroom is! We have found the construction to be solid, with only one small issue being one of the stabilizer jacks fell off which was quickly replaced under warranty. Cabinetry feels sturdy, bed is comfortable, and all the appliances work well. We have had zero plumbing or electrical issues. This unit has a sink in the outdoor kitchen which is rare! Having the one piece fiberglass body has made cleaning easy and we have had zero leaks. Only wish they had put a ladder to get to the roof. It’s the two of us and two dogs. It can get crowded if there is any more than that inside, and we do occasionally say we wish we sprung for something a little bigger. That said for the length, weight and overall floor plan it’s well laid out and you get a lot in a smaller package. We tow with a 5.6 V8 2018 Silverado 1500 with zero problems. Of course we invested in a sway bar and weight distribution. I barely know the trailer is there when towing. Overall a quality trailer with many features for the price and size! Pros: Weight, large bathroom, comfortable bed, huge dinette, solid surface countertops, heated and inclosed underbelly, tow-ability, double axels, interior height, lots of interior storage, construction quality. Cons: No place for shoes when you enter trailer, awning doesn’t cover outdoor kitchen, slide out is elevated and not flush with interior floor, no oven, small pass thru openings, no rear hitch receiver for bike/storage rack.
- Tyler Eugene, Oregon

2019-12-31 2018 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

This is our 2nd Venture RV. The first was a 2017 Sonic Lite 150VRK. Pulled with a 2017 Subaru Outback 4 cyl. Have the Hensley Cub Arrow hitch. Expensive but well,well worth it. Made 4 trips form Mississippi to the north east. Washington Vermont and Virginia. Towed good even with the small Subaru it was ok. For the wife and I it was ok for the two of us. Only problem was a small leak on the back connection of the toliet. Went to Lowes and repaired it. Traded it in for a 2018 220 VRB. More room, a slideout, and outside kitchen. Now being towed by a 2019 Dodge Durango V6. Still use the Hensley Cub Arrow hitch. We have made 2 trips back to the North East coast area. No complaints. Pulls fine. Changed out the bathroom fan for a Fantastic Fan. And bought it from a dealer who offers a life time warranty on the camper. Leaks and all power accessories included. Hope to never use em. I read all reviews and understand some problems. So far we are not one. P.S. bought a case of tubes of Dicor. Caulked the entire camper. Never had a problem of leaks and didnt want any. Did the same with Sonic Lite 150 VRK. We checked out other campers and seems they all have issues from time to time. Its like a boat there is always something to fiddle with. Oh yes we keep our camper under a carport.
- Mike and Mary Harrington, Mississippi

2019-12-30 2015 Venture RV SportTrek 323VFL View Listings

we purchased this TV in April 2016. it has been a great coach, buy is very heavy hauling even with our dodge 2500 diesel. very disappointed that this year we had bubbles and fractures in the fiberglass. confirmed with dealer that it was not lack of maintenance. it's about a 4 to 5 thousand repair. manufacture will not evaluate to see If it is a defect because it's out of the 1 year warranty. beware!!
- toni harper, Ohio

2019-12-10 2017 Venture RV SportTrek 271VRB View Listings

Build quality is so-so. Every hot and cold water piping connection at a tap set leaked, all only finger tight(Both inside and outside kitchen, bathroom sink, indoor and outdoor shower). Dealer has adjusted the slide as much as possible and it is still about 3/8" off level. Entertainment player IR remote cable and FM antenna cable were attached to rear of unit wrong (crossed). The screws on slide bracket were too long and through the carpet under the dinette table along the outer wall. Every panel I opened up to address issues had debris from construction laying in the area (sawdust, panel cutouts for piping and wiring etc). Thankfully everything was addressed under warranty by the dealer in a timely fashion.
- Rob, Ontario

2019-12-09 2019 Venture RV Sonic Lite 220VBH View Listings

Great family TT has everything for camping long or wknds. Easy tow and and backing very stable with E2 hitch.has 2 propane tanks and 2 batteries to satisfy all camping needs for extended periods. Private bedroom , 2 bunks for kiddos and large queen dinette. Priced to sell with all the add ons. Selling cause of move. No place to park this rig.
- Ahmed habib, Ohio

2019-12-02 2017 Venture RV SportTrek ST327VIK View Listings

We purchased a sportrek 327vik in October 2018, brand new, never sold from dealer we purchased. We submitted tickets for repairs under warranty in February 2019. Just a 5 short months after we bought it. It is December 1 2019, and we are still without a camper. We were told that the second round of claims in september weren't under warranty. Our camper is now completely unfixable due to water damage throughout the entire camper, and we get the run around when we call to speak to anyone at venture. And yes, we are still paying for a camper we haven't used since February.
- Desiree Easley, Alabama