Vanleigh RV

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Vanleigh RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Brooke Myers from Idaho says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 365RL View Listings

So we were on our way to Massachusetts from Idaho to help an ailing family member. We purchased our Vilano and hadn’t had any issues. While setting up in Wyoming, our hydraulic pump went out for some reason. We were with 4 dogs and one cat and in a panic. We tried to contact repair shops and they were all busy. We got ahold of a mobile rv repair man. We waited for a call back. While waiting I decided to reach out to Van Leigh to see if they could assist. I called and left a message but was cut short due to lack of service / reception where we were. I then emailed them about our situation. I received a call not 15 mins later from Bryan at Van Leigh. I replayed our situation and asked if he could help. He took our VIN number and make and model. He ran something and said that he could next day the parts to us. I then asked how much... the parts alone were $1200!! He said FREE!! I wanted to cry! We were / are so grateful he was able to assist us in a desperate time. The promptness, professional and politeness was absolutely amazing!!! I recommend Van Leigh to anyone!!!!! Thank you Bryan again!!
- Brooke Myers, Idaho

2021-10-13 2018 Vanleigh RV Vilano 325RL View Listings

How many of you experience sewer smell when you run the bathroom fan, or when you shower? We experienced this after purchasing this coach 2nd hand in July 2021. The smell was a mystery until we took the underbelly off to fix a leaking washer line (manufacture had not connected the lines leading to the washer). We discovered that the toilet was not connected to the black tank. When we flushed the toilet, water ran out over the black tank. We could tell from the rust on the rivets that held the underbelly in place that this was an ongoing problem. Has anyone else experienced these issues: sewer smell in the coach when showering or running the bathroom fan? What was your fix?
- Debbie Scroggy, Tennessee

2021-10-10 2018 Vanleigh RV Vilano 365RL View Listings

We bought our 2018 Vilano used from the original owner. Only 3 years old and had less than 300 miles on it. We have been living in it for 4 months now full time while our new home is being built. Let me tell you, this rig is not living up to all the hype. Wished I would've taken a pass on this one. Everything and I mean everything from the water pump to the handles on the cabinets is pure garbage. Straight up, junk! Avoid buying any VL if at all possible. If you are not wanting to do that, then make sure everything works as it should. Some of the highlights: Entertainment system not fully wired. Cables dead ended and not connected to the on-board HD antenna. Water pump impeller worn out after very little use. Control panel not functioning properly. Cabinets installed with doors that bind up. Batteries toast after only 3 years. Only one appliance wired to use the inverter. Refrigerator installed with latches that prevent it from closing properly. The list goes on and on. So don't go getting all hyped up by that bs on BTBRV. Because these fifthwheels are put together with bubblegum and duct tape.
- Kurt Langeberg, Washington

2021-09-22 2021 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RKB View Listings

I bought my 2022 Beacon FLB41 from La Mesa RV(Thats a whole other story) the manufacturer of this so called high end 5th wheel should be ashamed of there product, everything leaks it was filthy and everything was broken. I was excited to see my new trailer, but when it arrived at the border and I got it home I was so disappointed. The sink in the bathroom was dislodged from the countertop and only he'd up by the drain, the 50 lbs backsplash had come off the wall and was leaning on the taps, the handles for the shower were on the floor (wrong handles installed) Pipes leading to the shower were leaking, under kitchen sink was leaking, the main control panel was laying on the floor, wires were hanging down from the underneath of the unit about 3 inches off the ground which was originally masking taped to the frame, REALLY!! The tile that showed on the website was replaced with a 5 dollar a square foot cheap Lino which doesn't lay flat where the slide comes out and is a tripping hazard, both kitchen chairs were broken and unusable, the radio didn't work, the finish on the cabinets is atrocious its like they sanded and pained over before blueing it off, all sorts or touchups done which look awful, the seam tape falling off the wall, compartment doors that don't reach the clasp, buttons that hide the screws all over the floor, the whole thing was filthy took me and my wife 2 days to clean , the cabinets in mine were the white linen that should have been built with a non poris wood thot a grain wood, looks terrible , the stairs weren't adjusted and was rubbing on the script the whole way, I could go on but let talk about the warranty Department at VanLeigh or should I say the lack of one I have had the unit and ordered the parts about 4 times usually have to call them 10 times to get a response, asked for my serial number and pictures not sure why because when they finally send me stuff its all wrong,IE. order 2 new chairs and the sent me 2 STAIRS, Told them about the bathroom backsplash I would repair myself since they don't have anyone in Canada that can work on them so what do they send me??? a box with a backsplash in it. NOT for the bathroom But for the Kitchen!!! the outside door for the electric cable had fallen off somewhere between Arizona and Canada they told me it would take a week to have a new one pained and shipped to me, well its 3 Months later and no door. I had someone that was trying to help me but he has also stopped answering the phone. I will keep hounding until I get results, I would like to take it back to there factory and get my money back, but I don't think that will happen because they won't even pay for the plumber and others that I have Paid to fix this piece of CRAP. Buyer BEWARE.
- Rod Ratcliffe, British Columbia

2021-09-20 2021 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RKB View Listings

Slapped together piece of junk. We thought that buying a very expensive RV would help us avoid the issues we’d been hearing about poor manufacturing quality but that has not been the case. On our first 3 week trip it became a standing joke that we would open the door and find out what had broken. After waiting 3 months to get in for warranty work we have a huge list of everything from major electrical failures to atrocious fit and finish. We are looking forward to getting the 20 Items on our warranty list completed so we can sell this and be done. Caveat emptor…
- Jim Lewis, Arizona

2021-09-18 2021 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RKB View Listings

We brought a brand new Vilano in Feb 2021 to full tome RV in. We brought it home and it had problems from the start. The heat and ac was supposed to be 3 zone, but all three sensors are in the same place, water pipes were not tight and leaked, tank sensors didn’t work, CO detector did not work, window frames were dented, ice maker was leaking, furnace doesn’t actually heat the living space, and more from the beginning. When summer began I started not feeling well. My doctor had me hire a mold inspection company and the AC units are full of mold because the manufacturer left a ton of wood shavings in the ac and air ducts. The water heat has mold on the insulation because the exterior access was not sealed and water probably got in at the dealer since we kept the trailer covered. The trailer is no longer usable. I contacted vanleigh and heard nothing back. We spent over $10,000 on inspection and have to move to an apartment now. This destroyed my health.
- Kathleen Tufto, Oregon

2021-08-19 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

Great floor plan and livability. 1/2 bath can be used without deploying either of the slides. With the 8,000lb axles, this handles as good as units half its length and weight. Factory tech support 24hrs a day is worth its weight in gold!
- Shawn Danley, Arizona

2021-08-10 2021 Vanleigh RV Pinecrest 335RLP View Listings

Purchased new from La Mesa rv in Fort Myers Fl. In May 2021, big mistake. Bad enough that it has issues but customer service from Van Leigh has been poor to say the least. We left on a 2month trip out west on June 24, on July 4 are refrigerator went out, it is an LG, started calling on 5th, no help from Van Leigh have to deal with LG . After numerous calls to there warranty dept. ( in the Philippines no one in states ) gave up had it fixed myself, had to purchase coolers and tons of ice on between, still waiting on call back from LG. Bedroom slide jams on every use and kitchen slide is making a banging noise, Van Leigh customer service provided some local numbers of Rv service in Michigan where we reside, but none of them do warranty work for Van Leigh. Van Leigh has not offered to reimbursed me if i have it repaired, so for 2 months i have to put up with these issues with no end in site. I have moldings falling off, drawers falling apart, staplers coming out of trim, exterior screw not completely in, some so crooked you can’t drive them flush. Waste handles are reversed, i had to completely rework basement walls, screws had missed structure on most, two screws holding items to ceiling in basement were to long and came up through flooring, one in bathroom, one in bedroom. Exterior of unit has excessive amounts of silicon around moldings which has attracted dirt, not attractive or easy to clean off. Kitchen layout allows refrigerator doors to make contact with cabinet handles so now i have dents in both refrigerator doors, I have never owned a 5th wheel but did have a class A Holiday Rambler, since we have been on this trip i have been looking at the exteriors of other brands of trailers, should have done that before i accepted this unit. Quality on this product is poor, workmanship is VERY poor.
- Robert Jarois, Michigan

2021-08-05 2020 Vanleigh RV Vilano 385RD View Listings

Where to start with this RV. Having owned 3 other RVs, I'm absolutely blown away by the woodwork and drawers in this unit. Real, household construction quality. We've had very few issues, but any that we had were immediately authorized (within minutes) for a mobile tech to come out and repair under warranty. Anything I didnt want the mobile tech to do, I did myself and they sent me the parts. Customer service is fantastic, although there is only 2 folks working in warranty because the company is small so it may take a day or two to hear back - just email, its much quicker! I'll never own another brand.
- Marcus A, Florida

2021-08-02 2021 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RKB View Listings

We bought his unit new from LaMesa RV in late May of 2021. We had lined up a 3 night stay at a local RV park for early May as the unit was supposed to be delivered in early April, but they were over 6 weeks late. As we had a 3 week trip planned for a graduation we had to do our first trip without the opportunity to check everything out as thoroughly we would have liked and the unit is a complete disaster. The workmanship and quality is not even close to what we would expect form a high end fifth wheel. During our 3 week trip we discovered the following: 1. Both closet doors fell apart (we have two full length mirrors and the pieces in the slide out storage 2. The front door did not close properly and it turned out the steps were installed crooked and one side stuck put almost 2 inches. I had to take them out and redrill the holes to get it to fit 3. The entertainment/power wall was installed roughly 1 1/2 inches out of square 4. The microwave doesn’t work and the plastic trim melted 5. The dishwasher doesn’t work and the spray arm was never installed 6. The fireplace stopped working after 10 days 7. The electric water heater trips the breaker when it’s turned on 8. The left turn signal/brake light has an intermittent short and the fuse blows every few hundred miles 9. One of the trim pieces on the living room slide fell completely off 10. One of the kitchen countertops has a repair that consists of a poorly cut out piece stuck in and glued 11. The batteries do not hold a charge for more than a few hours with nothing on in the unit and do not charge properly 12. The shade on the front door has fallen out completely. Bottom line: this unit is a complete piece of junk with no attention paid to workmanship or quality. These people are just throwing together parts as fast as possible to make a bunch of money and leaving it to the owners to fix their mistakes. I will be selling this RV just as soon as I can get all the warranty work completed.
- Jim Lewis, Arizona

2021-07-31 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

This RV is the top of the line Vanleigh. I've had very good luck with it primarily because I did a thorough PDI with my dealer and they fixed everything wrong with prior to delivery. The floorplan is excellent and the half bath is very convenient. Furniture quality is exceptional and the optional dishwasher, stacked washer/dryer and on demand hot water make it a full timers dream come true.
- Phil Risinger, Texas

2021-06-23 2019 Vanleigh RV Pinecrest 305RLP View Listings

I will share the good first. I love the floor plan, and I really love the sofa bed. It is not a jacknife, but a true bed. I love the placement of the tv and fireplace. The pantry is spacious. It has two air conditioners.I do wish the refrigerator was big. Now for the bad. We have had nothing but trouble with our slideouts in the living area. The one on the dining side had gaps in the bottom once it was out. We got that fixed. The slide on the tv/kitchen side is not in correctly. It comes out about 6 in. at the top when you make a right turn. We took it to have it fixed, but it is still a problem. We took our first long trip this month, and we had THREE separate blowouts. They have damaged the fenders and underside of the camper. This fifth wheel had less than 1,000 miles on it. I heard so much about Tiffen and Vanleigh. I was really excited about buying one, but I won't ever buy another one. This is our fourth rv, and it is the worse one based on quality.
- Teresa A Putnam, Georgia

2021-05-27 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 365RL View Listings

I bought a 20 2394 with the rear kitchen it’s a beautiful model I’ve been in it or owned it five months now I just took it in for some repair work because the rear slide where the stove is is stuck in I got a call today from Davis La Mesa and they’re saying the for walls are separating because it’s too heavy in the rear I’m talking with family right now to see what kind of warranty they’re going to do I’m talking about rebuilding the whole rear section
- Tony hidy, Nevada

2021-04-05 2021 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RKB View Listings

High End just means more expensive piece of crap. Brand new and so many issues I couldn’t even list them all. Some of the main issues. The walls are falling off, the window boxes aren’t attached, screws missing or wrong hardware for the purposes, dishwasher doesn’t work, tv isn’t installed properly, fuses blow, breaker tripped the whole thing was thrown together without any care! And of course I can’t get ahold of anyone at the dealership or the manufacturer or anyone who makes the appliances. Don’t waste your money on this like I did. I regret it everyday as I find new issues I have to deal with.
- Nichole Martin, Texas

2021-04-02 2020 Vanleigh RV Vilano 370GB View Listings

Wow!!! This so sweet, it's in excellent condition, practically brand new!!! Polished!!! It's like you can't tell the difference. This is a one-stop shop! This dude is even selling his 3500 too! Somebody is about to strike gold!
- Buddy Love, Florida

2021-03-14 2019 Vanleigh RV Vilano 375FL View Listings

We love this unit! Very high quality because Vanleigh is a division of Tiffin - one of the highest quality RV manufacturers in the country. Mine has 3 a/c's, furnace and heat pump-all ducted-and a ceiling fan in the master bedroom. Very comfortable king bed with foam topper; 2 sinks in the bathroom; 2 leather, electric recliners in the living room and an 18 cu ft Samsung residential refr/freezer with ice maker. Luxurious and very comfortable.
- David Bruni, Wyoming

2020-12-17 2018 Vanleigh RV Vilano 365RL View Listings

Every first timer to enter a VanLeigh RV has the same comment... "WOW, this is huge... and beautiful!" Tall ceilings, tons of cabinets, with a real residential feel. 3 ACs, upgraded air ride hitch, residential refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven, fireplace, big screen tv in LR, additional TV in bedroom, w/d connections, 6 drawer dresser in BR, Spyder lighting controls...the upgrades go on and on! VanLeigh is the standard for quality and customer support... not that much support is needed.
- Guy, Texas

2020-11-30 2018 Vanleigh RV Vilano 325RL View Listings

Purchased RV 3 years ago and have had only minor issues. One of the tops for this brand is customer service is just a phone call or email away and they go above and beyond to resolve all issues or requests, even custom requests. Cannot say enough good things about Vanleigh Vilano customer service- you can go directly to them for all needs.
- Kimberly hamby, Texas

2020-09-29 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

This floor plan is very comfortable. We have enjoyed our fifth wheel very much. Ease of towing and setting up. Any problems have been minor and handled by the service center, which we had a very good experience with.
- Lola, Florida

2020-09-18 2020 Vanleigh RV Pinecrest 335RLP View Listings

After researching for several years, we selected the VanLeigh Pinecrest because it had the floorplan the worked for us. Very roomy with opposing slides, a very large shower, and residential size king bed and refrigerator. You can see and feel the quality difference when you walk in the unit. All of the cabinets have solid wood doors, no glued together saw dust. The light and bright interior is a plus. Everything works as advertised and we have had no service issues. The VanLeigh company's reputation for quality and service were important also.
- Diane Smitherman, North Carolina

2020-08-24 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 375FL View Listings

WE have owned a 2017 Vilano 375 for 2.5 years. As full time RV'ers, we find the quality of this unit far surpasses previously owned models from other manufactures. The customer service can not be beat both via phone or at their factory service center. The front living aspect of a 375 gives the feel of much more room for comfortable living and socializing.
- FAUCETTDDS, Wisconsin

2020-08-13 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39GBB View Listings

Spacious floor plan with plenty of storage space. I enjoy the LED lighting on both of the awnings and 360 outdoor surround sound,they are perfect for entertaining guests. The sofa sleeper is handy if those guests decide to stay for the night
- kimmyjunknstuff, Colorado

2020-08-04 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 40FLB View Listings

An RV with Great quality & tall ceilings makes this feel like a home. King bed, lots of storage, easy to clean floors, Ample lighting, easy towablity, & painted exterior all come together in this RV. VanLeigh has great products and is now associated with Tiffin MH!
- Karen Vandermolen, Texas

2020-07-30 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 365RL View Listings

I bought this 2017 VanLeigh 5th wheel used in 2020. I’m now living in it. So far so good. I really haven’t had any issues come up. The kitchen is the highlight of the 365RL - lots of beautiful cabinets. Beautiful yes, but they are thin so don’t hold much weight. But if you use some common sense about this... Excellent quality appliances for the price. Good comfortable furniture and mattress. It’s really a very good value, but I wish they included backup camera for the price. I think that should be standard these days. F-rated 16” tires: really an great asset helping drivability. Overall quite impressed. It’s been mostly a good experience.
- Barry , Florida

2020-07-29 2020 Vanleigh RV Vilano 385RD View Listings

the worst customer service I have ever experience in my life with many issues with my 5th wheel. That includes Poulsbo RV and Vanleigh direct. highly recommend do not purchase Vanleigh products. I had so many issues I don't know where to start. recommendation Run!
- David O'Neill, Washington