Vanleigh RV Reviews on RV Insider (21)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Vanleigh RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Brooke Myers from Idaho says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 365RL View Listings

So we were on our way to Massachusetts from Idaho to help an ailing family member. We purchased our Vilano and hadn’t had any issues. While setting up in Wyoming, our hydraulic pump went out for some reason. We were with 4 dogs and one cat and in a panic. We tried to contact repair shops and they were all busy. We got ahold of a mobile rv repair man. We waited for a call back. While waiting I decided to reach out to Van Leigh to see if they could assist. I called and left a message but was cut short due to lack of service / reception where we were. I then emailed them about our situation. I received a call not 15 mins later from Bryan at Van Leigh. I replayed our situation and asked if he could help. He took our VIN number and make and model. He ran something and said that he could next day the parts to us. I then asked how much... the parts alone were $1200!! He said FREE!! I wanted to cry! We were / are so grateful he was able to assist us in a desperate time. The promptness, professional and politeness was absolutely amazing!!! I recommend Van Leigh to anyone!!!!! Thank you Bryan again!!
- Brooke Myers, Idaho

2020-05-31 2020 Vanleigh RV Pinecrest 305RLP View Listings

I purchased this RV in Arizona in January and we drove to Alaska in March. We went through Canada and had some night time temperatures of 10 degrees. The unit was fantastic and we did not freeze up. The wet bay does get some heat from the propane furnace. The layout is very comfortable and quality is very good. Storage is very abundant to the point you might overload the trailer. There are so many electrical outlets (at least 12) I’m still finding some. One issue we had was the large pantry shelves they cheeped out on on they collapsed due to weight of some canned goods. I had to take them out and reinforce them. It would have been covered by warranty but won’t be near a dealer until October. Overall an amazing 5th wheel. This is my 4th one and this tows like a dream.
- Fred Reeder, Alaska

2020-05-24 2020 Vanleigh RV Pinecrest 335RLP View Listings

Please be careful buying this 5th wheel. I purchased a new 2020 five days ago. On the second night of camping the large, kitchen slide refused to open. Lots of trouble shooting later, it appears that the worm drive (or whatever you call that thing) on the opposite side of the RV had detached from the I-Beam frame, so you can't even extend it with the manual crank. The RV is usable (if uncomfortable) with that slide not extended. You just can't open some cabinets or use the range/microwave/kitchen sink. Should be fun finishing my trip from Florida to Alaska with this slide non-operational. So much for thinking I'll avoid problems by buying brand new.
- Dave Stephens, Florida

2020-04-26 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RDB View Listings

The worst RV I have ever owned! Don't buy one... Quality sucks. Nothing but problems.......if you want nothing but bull**** and I MEAN nothing but s*** then buy one of these trailers and you'll be noting but Miserable...
- Tony T, Arizona

2020-04-25 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RDB View Listings

"Do not buy one"This is the worst RV I have ever owned! The Quality is Horrible, Over 50 items and counting. you name it has failed on this unit. Suing them to get my money back. Have only had it 7 months and I'm done with playing their games!
- Rick, Washington

2020-04-22 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RDB View Listings

We bought the Beacon almost two weeks ago, had some issues (bad A/C, bad on demand hot water system and a few minor issues) that necessitated we leave the camper at the dealer for a week for repairs. A bit disappointing, but the dealer worked the issues within our timeframe. This is our 4th RV and by far the best, not only in amenities and comfort but also in form, fit and quality construction. As with any RV we expect to find some additional issues, and we have, but the dealer in Tampa has always supported our repairs on our timetable and we don’t foresee them being any different this time. Time will tell if our Tiffin product will stand the test of part-time RVing. If their reputation is any indication we should have no worries. We are looking forward to many a trip spanning the better part of this country. I’ll be happy to add to this review in a year or so to give you a better picture of how the Beacon is doing. As for now, we couldn’t be happier!
- Paul Johnson, Florida

2020-02-10 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 40FLB View Listings

Amazing layout and fulltime livability! It's a beautiful fifth wheel with more than enough storage. I can not say enough about the customer service of VanLeigh RV’s. My wife and I saw our first Beacon at Lazy days in January of 2019. We fell in love with the high gloss cabinetry, finish, and high end features other fifth wheels lacked. We realize there are very few “Top of the Line,” fifth wheel manufacturers. Mobile Suites comes to mind, but we were not nearly as impressed with their product as that offered by VanLeigh. We sold our fifth wheel in June 2019 and purchased a Beacon 40FLB. We initially had some issues, most of which were caused by the independent service tech setting up the camper, but there were some other issues directly attributable to the manufacturing process. As everyone suggested we contacted VanLeigh’s Customer service department and told them about the items we were having difficulty with. They got us in touch with Bryan Powers. Bryan did an amazing job, taking care of issues on the road. We needed a mobile tech to come out and fix a stuck slide. Bryan insured VanLeigh covered that issue. Additionally he set us up with their service center in Tishomingo MS to address the other things that needed fixing. It took two trips to Tishomingo to fix all our issues, but it seems we have an outstanding camper now. I felt that some of the issues that cropped up were quality control issues in the manufacturing process so I contacted Leigh Tiffin directly. He answered my email on a Saturday and called me on a Sunday to get my input, and to ask what else needed to be accomplished to insure we were happy with the camper. What other executive takes time out to answer concerns of their customer, more importantly who does so on a weekend? To say the least my wife and I are very impressed. We are exceedingly happy with our Beacon even though our initial experience was frustrating. Their customer service department is incredible and the executives at VanLeigh are second to none!!! Although problems are rare, If you do have a problem with your product do yourself and VanLeigh a favor, contact their service department. You will not be disappointed…
- Cammeron Vaughn, Georgia

2020-02-09 2018 Vanleigh RV Vilano 365RL View Listings

We were full timers in the Vilano for 2 years and we loved it. We had previously full timed in a Country Coach and a Monaco for several years. We like this 5th wheel the best do to the livability, the high ceilings, more room and the expenses are much less. We bought the Vilano because Vanleigh is part of the Tiffin family RV company. The after market service is the best we have found in the RV industry and we have been RVing for over 40 years. Our Vilano is in excellent condition and has had no problems or damage. It became necessary for us to buy a brick and mortar home as our 97 year old mother needs full time care.
- Jim Tucker , Arkansas

2020-01-16 2020 Vanleigh RV Vilano 385RD View Listings

DON'T BUY A TIFFIN VANLEIGH 5TH WHEEL! WE bought a 2020 Beacon 39fbb have had over 50 issues since we picked it up 4 months ago. Slide on vanity has gotten stuck 3 times and still IS! We are still waiting for parts! There are so many problems we can't believe what a pile of junk it is. We will get our money back With our lawyers help...
- Eric, Arizona

2020-01-04 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

from day one noting but problems, first time, 2 months in the shop and now the second time so for 156 days with 21 thing to fix, still some time before hopefully being fixed.Im sorry i bought it because i thought the family cared about there product so for a lot of yes sirs but very slow getting things done. very bad fews days at start of my vacations and not been able to use at all 7 months total and counting for repairs. How sad and no one has offered any compensation of any kind. Shame on you and la mesa rv .
- kelly franklin, Arizona

2020-01-01 2018 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

Wonderful to live in. Easy to tow. Good quality finishes. Factory easy to work with. groups on Facebook you can join are helpful. Rvt easy to use to offer for sale. Half bath very helpful and accessible when traveling as is refer.
- Eric Green, California

2019-12-18 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RDB View Listings

Purchased a new 2020 42RDB Beacon. The transfer switch needed to be replaced the first week, which I will say Vanleigh did send a replacement out after several phone calls. My concern is that the literature that I received from Beacon was very limited in that it was missing numerous important docs. It took me numerous emails and phone calls to get “some“ missing docs. Very poor customer support!
- Lou, Florida

2019-11-22 2018 Vanleigh RV Vilano 325RL View Listings

Our Vilano was our first 5th Wheel. It is awesome. Any issues, not many at all, were a result of our inexperience. The quality of workmanship is remarkable. The wood work, high ceilings and thoughtful layout sets it apart. Considering we put 10,000 miles on our Vilano the first year, we gave it plenty of opportunity to fail, never let us down. We had plenty of questions while we were traveling and found the Dealer and Manufacture both helped and answered questions thoroughly and timely. In time will buy another VanLeigh product and recommend to friends. Great job VanLeigh
- Rex Adams, Texas

2019-10-26 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 40FLB View Listings

We ordered and bought 2020 Beacon 5th wheel on 8/30/2019. Van Leigh’s employees are INEPT! Have a list of 20+ repairs in 2 months. They are not a nice family owned business. We made a $100,000 MISTAKE!
- Cathy H., California

2019-10-16 2020 Vanleigh RV Vilano 385RD View Listings

I Purchased new 2020 Tiffin Vanleigh 5th wheel. great wood trim, caution to buyer, have had 3 water leaks in trailer. all at plastic twist caps for the inlet water. to sinks and toilet. last leak caused damage to the toilet wood box. Also all cabinet doors have wires on them to keep them from swinging open to far, great idea except the connector on the wire breaks very easy. My biggest complaint beyond that is the lack of customer service from not only Vanleigh and Poulsbo RV in Mount Vernon. I have owned my trailer for a month with some other issues I am trying to get addressed, I have had little or no response in 30 days. They finally are sending someone after many many complaints. Not to mention I had to fix the 3 water leaks. The RV its self I would highly recommend to anyone. So far I am fairly happy, I realize you have to work out the bugs on stuff. But poor customer service when spending that kind of money. The only other issue I might mention is the windows are frame less which at first I thought looked nice, but for breaking into the trailer it is a definite weak point in my mind. I could put my fingers under the bottom edge and easily pull hard and pop that glass out if I wanted. That point was just a security thing I noticed. I may not have purchased it if I would have looked at that closer.
- David O'Neill, Washington

2019-09-06 2019 Vanleigh RV Vilano 320GK View Listings

Purchased just 3 months ago. Very disappointed that warranty work was not completed prior to pickup of unit. Also, very disappointed with the service rendered at tishomingo rv service center Service manager very unconcerned that work was not completed. >2h driving x 4.
- Ray Freeman , Tennessee

2019-08-19 2018 Vanleigh RV Vilano 325RL View Listings

I wanted to step up in quality from the 5th wheel I had before. We wanted a unit that had good looks and good quality. Vilano is actually manufactured in Mississippi and not Indiana. Vilano's heritage comes from Tiffin Motor Homes and they have a great reputation. The Vilano tows extremely well with no bounce when you go down the road. The quality of the wood inside and just how it is manufactured is pretty awesome. The led interior and exterior lighting is state of the art, It looks huge inside because the ceilings are so tall throughout the 5th wheel. Super quiet and laid out well with a monster tv and fireplace right in front of the recliners. I would buy another one in a heartbeat and would certainly recommend Vanleigh Vilano's to any of my friends.
- Greg Minor, Texas

2019-05-31 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 365RL View Listings

This is made by the Tiffin Co. The customer service is next to none, even if out of warranty! If we weren't changing our lifestyle, we'd live in it until we can't travel anymore. You won't be disappointed.
- Laurel Owen , California

2019-01-11 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 375FL View Listings

Great value, unbelievable customer warranty support. Love the front living, dual lavatory sinks, large shower with sky light, three air conditioners keeps this big 5th wheel as cool as you like. Tiffin cousin says it all.
- Candace , Arizona

2018-10-12 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 325RL View Listings

Best Buy. Residential home. Solid wood interior. Luxury at its best price is awesome. A real deal here. I live in mine. All comforts of home. Beautiful inside and out. A Tiffin family on call 24/7 for any I mean any problems or questions . The service is far beyond expected . Big tall 8’ slides. The Are is 12’ high in living.
- Pablo , Texas

2018-07-15 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 325RL View Listings

Love the floor plan. Tall slides. Tall beautiful ceilings. The most cabinets I found I. Any rv we looked at for over 6 months. Ahmish made solid wood. Not particle board. Windows big. Solar shades work for hot or cold . The tow is awesome.
- Linda kujawa, Texas