Vanleigh RV Pinecrest Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Vanleigh RV Pinecrest RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Fred Reeder from Alaska says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Vanleigh RV Pinecrest 305RLP View Listings

I purchased this RV in Arizona in January and we drove to Alaska in March. We went through Canada and had some night time temperatures of 10 degrees. The unit was fantastic and we did not freeze up. The wet bay does get some heat from the propane furnace. The layout is very comfortable and quality is very good. Storage is very abundant to the point you might overload the trailer. There are so many electrical outlets (at least 12) I’m still finding some. One issue we had was the large pantry shelves they cheeped out on on they collapsed due to weight of some canned goods. I had to take them out and reinforce them. It would have been covered by warranty but won’t be near a dealer until October. Overall an amazing 5th wheel. This is my 4th one and this tows like a dream.
- Fred Reeder, Alaska

2020-09-18 2020 Vanleigh RV Pinecrest 335RLP View Listings

After researching for several years, we selected the VanLeigh Pinecrest because it had the floorplan the worked for us. Very roomy with opposing slides, a very large shower, and residential size king bed and refrigerator. You can see and feel the quality difference when you walk in the unit. All of the cabinets have solid wood doors, no glued together saw dust. The light and bright interior is a plus. Everything works as advertised and we have had no service issues. The VanLeigh company's reputation for quality and service were important also.
- Diane Smitherman, North Carolina

2020-07-24 2020 Vanleigh RV Pinecrest 305RLP View Listings

We upgraded from an older Keystone Laredo after looking around for about a year. I love the floor plan and three slides in the Pinecrest. However, the quality between the two is 100% The Pinecrest is basically made with cheap partical board and everything is attached by staples. I wish I could post pictures to show how cheap the Pinecrest is put together. I didn't really appreciate the craftmanship of the Laredo until spending a week or so in the Pinecrest. We've had leaks in the kitchen sink and molding already coming off. Staples are starting to poke out. The laminate on the cabinets is already coming off. This was supposed to be our retirement RV, I doubt it will last.
- Sheila R, Arizona

2020-05-24 2020 Vanleigh RV Pinecrest 335RLP View Listings

Please be careful buying this 5th wheel. I purchased a new 2020 five days ago. On the second night of camping the large, kitchen slide refused to open. Lots of trouble shooting later, it appears that the worm drive (or whatever you call that thing) on the opposite side of the RV had detached from the I-Beam frame, so you can't even extend it with the manual crank. The RV is usable (if uncomfortable) with that slide not extended. You just can't open some cabinets or use the range/microwave/kitchen sink. Should be fun finishing my trip from Florida to Alaska with this slide non-operational. So much for thinking I'll avoid problems by buying brand new.
- Dave Stephens, Florida