Vanleigh RV Beacon

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Vanleigh RV Beacon RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Cathy H. from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 40FLB View Listings

We ordered and bought 2020 Beacon 5th wheel on 8/30/2019. Van Leigh’s employees are INEPT! Have a list of 20+ repairs in 2 months. They are not a nice family owned business. We made a $100,000 MISTAKE!
- Cathy H., California

2021-09-22 2021 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RKB View Listings

I bought my 2022 Beacon FLB41 from La Mesa RV(Thats a whole other story) the manufacturer of this so called high end 5th wheel should be ashamed of there product, everything leaks it was filthy and everything was broken. I was excited to see my new trailer, but when it arrived at the border and I got it home I was so disappointed. The sink in the bathroom was dislodged from the countertop and only he'd up by the drain, the 50 lbs backsplash had come off the wall and was leaning on the taps, the handles for the shower were on the floor (wrong handles installed) Pipes leading to the shower were leaking, under kitchen sink was leaking, the main control panel was laying on the floor, wires were hanging down from the underneath of the unit about 3 inches off the ground which was originally masking taped to the frame, REALLY!! The tile that showed on the website was replaced with a 5 dollar a square foot cheap Lino which doesn't lay flat where the slide comes out and is a tripping hazard, both kitchen chairs were broken and unusable, the radio didn't work, the finish on the cabinets is atrocious its like they sanded and pained over before blueing it off, all sorts or touchups done which look awful, the seam tape falling off the wall, compartment doors that don't reach the clasp, buttons that hide the screws all over the floor, the whole thing was filthy took me and my wife 2 days to clean , the cabinets in mine were the white linen that should have been built with a non poris wood thot a grain wood, looks terrible , the stairs weren't adjusted and was rubbing on the script the whole way, I could go on but let talk about the warranty Department at VanLeigh or should I say the lack of one I have had the unit and ordered the parts about 4 times usually have to call them 10 times to get a response, asked for my serial number and pictures not sure why because when they finally send me stuff its all wrong,IE. order 2 new chairs and the sent me 2 STAIRS, Told them about the bathroom backsplash I would repair myself since they don't have anyone in Canada that can work on them so what do they send me??? a box with a backsplash in it. NOT for the bathroom But for the Kitchen!!! the outside door for the electric cable had fallen off somewhere between Arizona and Canada they told me it would take a week to have a new one pained and shipped to me, well its 3 Months later and no door. I had someone that was trying to help me but he has also stopped answering the phone. I will keep hounding until I get results, I would like to take it back to there factory and get my money back, but I don't think that will happen because they won't even pay for the plumber and others that I have Paid to fix this piece of CRAP. Buyer BEWARE.
- Rod Ratcliffe, British Columbia

2021-09-20 2021 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RKB View Listings

Slapped together piece of junk. We thought that buying a very expensive RV would help us avoid the issues we’d been hearing about poor manufacturing quality but that has not been the case. On our first 3 week trip it became a standing joke that we would open the door and find out what had broken. After waiting 3 months to get in for warranty work we have a huge list of everything from major electrical failures to atrocious fit and finish. We are looking forward to getting the 20 Items on our warranty list completed so we can sell this and be done. Caveat emptor…
- Jim Lewis, Arizona

2021-09-18 2021 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RKB View Listings

We brought a brand new Vilano in Feb 2021 to full tome RV in. We brought it home and it had problems from the start. The heat and ac was supposed to be 3 zone, but all three sensors are in the same place, water pipes were not tight and leaked, tank sensors didn’t work, CO detector did not work, window frames were dented, ice maker was leaking, furnace doesn’t actually heat the living space, and more from the beginning. When summer began I started not feeling well. My doctor had me hire a mold inspection company and the AC units are full of mold because the manufacturer left a ton of wood shavings in the ac and air ducts. The water heat has mold on the insulation because the exterior access was not sealed and water probably got in at the dealer since we kept the trailer covered. The trailer is no longer usable. I contacted vanleigh and heard nothing back. We spent over $10,000 on inspection and have to move to an apartment now. This destroyed my health.
- Kathleen Tufto, Oregon

2021-08-19 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

Great floor plan and livability. 1/2 bath can be used without deploying either of the slides. With the 8,000lb axles, this handles as good as units half its length and weight. Factory tech support 24hrs a day is worth its weight in gold!
- Shawn Danley, Arizona

2021-08-02 2021 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RKB View Listings

We bought his unit new from LaMesa RV in late May of 2021. We had lined up a 3 night stay at a local RV park for early May as the unit was supposed to be delivered in early April, but they were over 6 weeks late. As we had a 3 week trip planned for a graduation we had to do our first trip without the opportunity to check everything out as thoroughly we would have liked and the unit is a complete disaster. The workmanship and quality is not even close to what we would expect form a high end fifth wheel. During our 3 week trip we discovered the following: 1. Both closet doors fell apart (we have two full length mirrors and the pieces in the slide out storage 2. The front door did not close properly and it turned out the steps were installed crooked and one side stuck put almost 2 inches. I had to take them out and redrill the holes to get it to fit 3. The entertainment/power wall was installed roughly 1 1/2 inches out of square 4. The microwave doesn’t work and the plastic trim melted 5. The dishwasher doesn’t work and the spray arm was never installed 6. The fireplace stopped working after 10 days 7. The electric water heater trips the breaker when it’s turned on 8. The left turn signal/brake light has an intermittent short and the fuse blows every few hundred miles 9. One of the trim pieces on the living room slide fell completely off 10. One of the kitchen countertops has a repair that consists of a poorly cut out piece stuck in and glued 11. The batteries do not hold a charge for more than a few hours with nothing on in the unit and do not charge properly 12. The shade on the front door has fallen out completely. Bottom line: this unit is a complete piece of junk with no attention paid to workmanship or quality. These people are just throwing together parts as fast as possible to make a bunch of money and leaving it to the owners to fix their mistakes. I will be selling this RV just as soon as I can get all the warranty work completed.
- Jim Lewis, Arizona

2021-07-31 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

This RV is the top of the line Vanleigh. I've had very good luck with it primarily because I did a thorough PDI with my dealer and they fixed everything wrong with prior to delivery. The floorplan is excellent and the half bath is very convenient. Furniture quality is exceptional and the optional dishwasher, stacked washer/dryer and on demand hot water make it a full timers dream come true.
- Phil Risinger, Texas

2021-04-05 2021 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RKB View Listings

High End just means more expensive piece of crap. Brand new and so many issues I couldn’t even list them all. Some of the main issues. The walls are falling off, the window boxes aren’t attached, screws missing or wrong hardware for the purposes, dishwasher doesn’t work, tv isn’t installed properly, fuses blow, breaker tripped the whole thing was thrown together without any care! And of course I can’t get ahold of anyone at the dealership or the manufacturer or anyone who makes the appliances. Don’t waste your money on this like I did. I regret it everyday as I find new issues I have to deal with.
- Nichole Martin, Texas

2020-09-29 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

This floor plan is very comfortable. We have enjoyed our fifth wheel very much. Ease of towing and setting up. Any problems have been minor and handled by the service center, which we had a very good experience with.
- Lola, Florida

2020-08-13 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39GBB View Listings

Spacious floor plan with plenty of storage space. I enjoy the LED lighting on both of the awnings and 360 outdoor surround sound,they are perfect for entertaining guests. The sofa sleeper is handy if those guests decide to stay for the night
- kimmyjunknstuff, Colorado

2020-08-04 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 40FLB View Listings

An RV with Great quality & tall ceilings makes this feel like a home. King bed, lots of storage, easy to clean floors, Ample lighting, easy towablity, & painted exterior all come together in this RV. VanLeigh has great products and is now associated with Tiffin MH!
- Karen Vandermolen, Texas

2020-04-26 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RDB View Listings

The worst RV I have ever owned! Don't buy one... Quality sucks. Nothing but problems.......if you want nothing but bull**** and I MEAN nothing but s*** then buy one of these trailers and you'll be noting but Miserable...
- Tony T, Arizona

2020-04-25 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RDB View Listings

"Do not buy one"This is the worst RV I have ever owned! The Quality is Horrible, Over 50 items and counting. you name it has failed on this unit. Suing them to get my money back. Have only had it 7 months and I'm done with playing their games!
- Rick, Washington

2020-04-22 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RDB View Listings

We bought the Beacon almost two weeks ago, had some issues (bad A/C, bad on demand hot water system and a few minor issues) that necessitated we leave the camper at the dealer for a week for repairs. A bit disappointing, but the dealer worked the issues within our timeframe. This is our 4th RV and by far the best, not only in amenities and comfort but also in form, fit and quality construction. As with any RV we expect to find some additional issues, and we have, but the dealer in Tampa has always supported our repairs on our timetable and we don’t foresee them being any different this time. Time will tell if our Tiffin product will stand the test of part-time RVing. If their reputation is any indication we should have no worries. We are looking forward to many a trip spanning the better part of this country. I’ll be happy to add to this review in a year or so to give you a better picture of how the Beacon is doing. As for now, we couldn’t be happier!
- Paul Johnson, Florida

2020-02-10 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 40FLB View Listings

Amazing layout and fulltime livability! It's a beautiful fifth wheel with more than enough storage. I can not say enough about the customer service of VanLeigh RV’s. My wife and I saw our first Beacon at Lazy days in January of 2019. We fell in love with the high gloss cabinetry, finish, and high end features other fifth wheels lacked. We realize there are very few “Top of the Line,” fifth wheel manufacturers. Mobile Suites comes to mind, but we were not nearly as impressed with their product as that offered by VanLeigh. We sold our fifth wheel in June 2019 and purchased a Beacon 40FLB. We initially had some issues, most of which were caused by the independent service tech setting up the camper, but there were some other issues directly attributable to the manufacturing process. As everyone suggested we contacted VanLeigh’s Customer service department and told them about the items we were having difficulty with. They got us in touch with Bryan Powers. Bryan did an amazing job, taking care of issues on the road. We needed a mobile tech to come out and fix a stuck slide. Bryan insured VanLeigh covered that issue. Additionally he set us up with their service center in Tishomingo MS to address the other things that needed fixing. It took two trips to Tishomingo to fix all our issues, but it seems we have an outstanding camper now. I felt that some of the issues that cropped up were quality control issues in the manufacturing process so I contacted Leigh Tiffin directly. He answered my email on a Saturday and called me on a Sunday to get my input, and to ask what else needed to be accomplished to insure we were happy with the camper. What other executive takes time out to answer concerns of their customer, more importantly who does so on a weekend? To say the least my wife and I are very impressed. We are exceedingly happy with our Beacon even though our initial experience was frustrating. Their customer service department is incredible and the executives at VanLeigh are second to none!!! Although problems are rare, If you do have a problem with your product do yourself and VanLeigh a favor, contact their service department. You will not be disappointed…
- Cammeron Vaughn, Georgia

2020-01-04 2019 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

from day one noting but problems, first time, 2 months in the shop and now the second time so for 156 days with 21 thing to fix, still some time before hopefully being fixed.Im sorry i bought it because i thought the family cared about there product so for a lot of yes sirs but very slow getting things done. very bad fews days at start of my vacations and not been able to use at all 7 months total and counting for repairs. How sad and no one has offered any compensation of any kind. Shame on you and la mesa rv .
- kelly franklin, Arizona

2020-01-01 2018 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

Wonderful to live in. Easy to tow. Good quality finishes. Factory easy to work with. groups on Facebook you can join are helpful. Rvt easy to use to offer for sale. Half bath very helpful and accessible when traveling as is refer.
- Eric Green, California

2019-12-18 2020 Vanleigh RV Beacon 42RDB View Listings

Purchased a new 2020 42RDB Beacon. The transfer switch needed to be replaced the first week, which I will say Vanleigh did send a replacement out after several phone calls. My concern is that the literature that I received from Beacon was very limited in that it was missing numerous important docs. It took me numerous emails and phone calls to get “some“ missing docs. Very poor customer support!
- Lou, Florida