Travel Trailer RVs Reviews (13)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

G. Van Apeldoorn from Alberta says:

Have you owned any Travel Trailer RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Forest River R-Pod RP-177 View Listings

Upon pick up in Sept. 17 a number of items were not done properly, all small in nature. When coming back in April 2018 with the final towing vehicle for installation of the brake controller, I was charged another $ 200.00 because the intended controller did not fit my vehicle. I have e-mails proving they were aware of the make and type of the towing vehicle since Aug. 2017 Cover plate of the stereo was loose Exterior lock did not work. Drawer not properly fitted, so it opened when driving Numerous pieces of trim too short, off color etc. Left front bench improperly placed. Caused the covering sheet of plywood to fall through when someone sat on it. Refused to install missing spice rack, in spite of clear documentation and photos showing it. Windows extremely hard to slide from the closed position. Handle of one of the drain pipe gates broke in two pieces Cover plate for the sewer storage tube broken. Hotwatertank sprung a leak in our absence, flooding the rear of the unit and blowing the control system. Battery either does not hold any power or there is a severe electrical leak in the system draining the battery in less than 12 hours. Right front window’s valance is coming off Slide out quit working. No instructions as to how to move the slide out by hand. Mattress is collapsing on both sides. As of Aug. 17, 2019: Total time spent in the unit since purchase: 40 days. Total kms on the road since purchase: 4800 kms.
- G. Van Apeldoorn, Alberta

2019-09-12 2018 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 281RLDS View Listings

We really enjoy this RV. With the large slide out, we find lots of windows giving us the feeling of being outside. The sofa bed is comfortable and opens easily without moving the tow lounge chairs in the back. The large table has seating for 6 and as a bed, fits our over 6 ft. tall SIL. We love the roominess. We have had many RVs and this one is definitely our best. I did get a different sway bar system that works well and the unit tows well with my 2016 Yukon. Outside washes well and shines up easily. Absolutely no complaints so far other than the Coleman pull out grill that has no burner on it. It is only a grill. Also, we find the bed hard to make in the morning but devised a method that works for us. We’ve camped in it 29 days so far and loved every minute. Camper is a quality built RV.
- Rich Stackhouse, Pennsylvania

2019-09-11 2018 KZ Connect C303RL View Listings

Bought in 2018 after looking at several similar models. Love the layout. Warranty on awning was fast and replaced arm. Dealer came to me for repairs. Have been living in unit over a year in nice resort close to Dallas and work. Learned more from service guy than salesman. Not sure skylights are worth it here in Texas due to heat. Would get a ladder in back for roof access. And not sure I would trade the fireplace for storage under tv or not. Four season was comfortable in winter for flooring. Would suggest to manufacturers to extend awning for entire length of trailer and possibly for both sides. Love the two AC units for this trailer. Need to shop around for reflective window covers - bought mine and fitted them out personally. Not crazy about two separate types of wall coverings but would change easily enough with contact paper to personalize to my taste. The full size queen mattress is a plus for accessories. Tons of storage in this model also. Would be nice if storage bins were included. A few are for bedroom. Since living in a resort, I have not used stove much , oven and shower never used. A big plus- water heater is either propane or electric. Fridge is very reactive to heat if sun is on that side, but does fine. It does have outside shower and entertainment access for tv under awning.
- Jenny, Texas

2019-09-09 2014 Skyline Koala 26QI View Listings

Just bought this used, We are having an electric issue with the outlet by the sink, outside outlet, air conditioner and furnace, and there was no thermostat when we bought it. Have tried 3 different ones, Still can not get it going. No power coming into the outlet by the sink. bathroom outlet by that door fine. A Wire diagram would help if I could fine one. HELP
- Tammy, Maine

2019-09-04 2017 KZ Connect 231BH View Listings

This has been an all around great RV for the size. With 2 adults and 1 child we have been comfortable and able to use all the features this unit has. The bunks are suitable for bringing a friend and and they have their own area. The storage is also a huge plus with the large rear compartment. If you are looking for a compact travel trailers this is a great surprise with durable quality.
- J Bean, Arizona

2019-09-01 2011 Pacific Coachworks Tango 224RB View Listings

Have owned for 5 years. Have been to the coast of Washington and to Yellowstone. Otherwise stored inside my shop. Had to replace the batteries and power converter recently (8 years not bad) Otherwise a great trailer. Lots of standard features: to many to list....google for specs. Tows well with a weight dist. hitch behind my Toyota Tundra.
- Tom Dawson, Washington

2019-08-31 3018 Crossroads Volante 33DB View Listings

A selling point was that it was built by omish. I always thought they had great building techniques until they got into this industry. The craftsmanship is horrible the dealer warranty is even worse. I spent my hard earn money on this and I’ve got a box of crap on wheels
- Billy, Texas

2019-08-31 2018 KZ Escape E181RB View Listings

Sorry, sorry, sorry. Bought new in June 2018. Getting ready to leave on our first trip out and discovered the bed was wet. Yep, a leak around the front window. Of course the dealer couldn’t get it fixed before we left. We had reservations and made arrangements to be gone so we dealt with it until we got back. Had to tarp the camper when parked. The CO2/has detector constantly went off. Took it back to the dealer. They had it 6 weeks - 2 months. They replaced the plywood on the bed (had to insist) and said they were waiting on a new mattress (had to insist on them getting a new mattress since ours had been wet. Next trip out the sink drain broke and flooded the floor. Here we are again tonight using my hair dryer to dry out the bed. Yep, leaked again. I will never purchase a KZ again and will advise anyone looking to look elsewhere. Oh and btw we I contacted the company, I never got a reply. I do like the floor plan but that’s it.
- Brenda, Arkansas

2019-08-28 2019 Coleman Lantern LT 17RD View Listings

I bought in April in Albuquerque NM and knew going in the would be issues that needed to be adjust by the dealership. That started before accepting the RV. A few minor issues were noted. Than came driving off the lot. Awing locked up the first week, now under entry door and detailing bubbling and starting to separate from the siding. Than it takes over a month for warranty approval, shipping of parts, and to get back to the dealership 500 miles round trip, a total of 3 times. End result - They shifted the bow under the door to the right, drug the new replacement awning arm across the concrete work floor damaging it, slipped with the caulk gun causing 3 dents in the siding, and removed detailing on the front of the rv where the sun had heated the siding up (on first warranty visit it was indicated that the remainder of the detailing was doing the same thing). Found out that the detailing was applied with heat, no glue/adhesive was used to adhere it). I live in the SW and it does get warm, so if heat adheres it than heat will remove it. NOW MY new RV is sitting in Texas waiting repairs. In 4 months of having this unit the only time I have been able to hit the road and semi use it was the two trips back to Albuquerque attempting to get issues corrected. Who knows if the unit will be available and finished for the weekender planned and than the trip trip to medical appointments starting the middle of September. I do love the interior layout except insufficient closed clothes storage in sleeping area, location of the AC unit (does not sufficiently cool down seating area) bedroom window not being a functional window. When a product is made to be distributed nation wide more thought should be put into climate issues across the country.
- Joanne Bryan, New Mexico

2019-08-24 2018 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

Bought our M32 used at only a year old and so far we love it. Kids love the bunk room and the tiny shower. Lol. They’re just used to a residential shower at home. This is our first TT and had to learn a few lessons the hard way, but overall we’re pretty happy. First thing we did was get rid of the crappy China made tires that seem to be the common theme with everyone who has blowout issues. Got some USA made tires and haven’t had an issue; pulls great with an 02 Ford F-250 7.3L Powerstroke. Also had to change the crappy mattress in the master. My back is still recovering from a couple of nights on that factory mattress. Would be nice too if all connections were on the same side of the coach; fresh fill and black water flush on right, city connect at the rear, and black gray discharge and electrical on left. As aforementioned, we’re overall pretty happy. It looks great, pulls great, and doesn’t leak anywhere. Kids are having a blast and that’s why we bought it.
- Jonathan Fish, Florida

2019-08-20 2018 KZ Sportsmen 231BLHE View Listings

I would tell anybody to never ever purchase a KZ camper. My first camper was a Dutchmen and I thought there could never be a worse camper !! I was wrong !! KZ is the worst possible camper you can purchase. We have a 2018 KZ 231 BLHE. At 14 months old, and we only used it 4 times, the outside kitchen sink drain came apart and soaked everything causing $1800.00 damage. KZ would not back the damage and said the warranty expired at 12 months!! Don't EVER buy a KZ product !!! I'm not the only one to have this problem I recently found out !!!!
- John Phillips, Pennsylvania

2019-08-20 2012 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RKS View Listings

Very happy with my ORV 23RKS! The build quality, design, strength and durability is top notch. Having owned it for over 4 years, it would be hard to even consider anything other than a Northwoods MFG/ORV product! It’s a heavy unit for the size (which should tell you something), coming in at 8500lbs loaded and the tongue weight north of 1500lbs. Comes with 5,200lb dexter axles and Goodyear tires - and with the northwood-built heavy frame...this thing tows and tracks superb! Basically 3/4 ton territory only (my tv is a duramax, and it breaks a sweat in the hills). I truly believe these trailers are built above and beyond anything else comparable, and this really shows in the small details you don’t think of. My unit is 7 years old and the fiberglass and decals show zero signs of fading or cracking, meaning they use higher quality stuff. I haul kayaks on a custom roof rack lag bolted to the roof, no issues! I have a rear hitch and bike rack on the sturdy bumper. I looked under a brand new Jayco Eagle the other day...the underbelly wasn’t nearly as tidy and cold weather designed and finished as mine. Plus, this trailer has large tanks, and lots of them! Factory solar panel and dual batteries is great for off grid. I also installed two remote control maxxfan units and a BAL undermount spare tire. But the true testament is the unbelievably rough back roads I’ve taken my unit down...all without issues. The interior cabinets are strong and well built, never an issue with anything! A lightweight trailer would have fallen apart on me long ago. If you truly want a well made camper that will last (which seems to be rare nowadays), buy an ORV or Northwood unit and have confidence knowing you bought the best.
- John, Saskatchewan

2019-08-19 2019 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 253RB View Listings

After several outings in my Sunset Trail and approx 1,000 miles, I can say that my overall opinion of my new camper is less than exemplary. I find that the need to save weight has resulted in very poor interior construction. First time I used the dinette for a bed for my grandson the table lowered and screws pulled out of the cheep and thin Masonite table. The ceiling wood trim has come er in for loose in several locations. Wall coverings are coming unglued. The fold out steps rubbed and damaged the screen door and need to be fixed. The dealership is terrible even though I purchased a very pricey extended warranty. Could not get appointment for a month and could take two weeks in the shop. Would not recommend to anyone I liked. What next?
- Bill, Colorado