Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (56)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bill from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 253RB View Listings

After several outings in my Sunset Trail and approx 1,000 miles, I can say that my overall opinion of my new camper is less than exemplary. I find that the need to save weight has resulted in very poor interior construction. First time I used the dinette for a bed for my grandson the table lowered and screws pulled out of the cheep and thin Masonite table. The ceiling wood trim has come er in for loose in several locations. Wall coverings are coming unglued. The fold out steps rubbed and damaged the screen door and need to be fixed. The dealership is terrible even though I purchased a very pricey extended warranty. Could not get appointment for a month and could take two weeks in the shop. Would not recommend to anyone I liked. What next?
- Bill, Colorado

2020-03-27 2018 Keystone Cougar 34TSB View Listings

Floor plan with bunk house in back. Really like it for what we need which is people sleeping with some kids. Kitchen and main room is great. Would rather have recliners than sofa but we wanted the extra fold out bed so sacrifice. Less kids will mean adding recliners. Bathroom has been great. Main bedroom is great really. Bed isn’t perfect but they never are. Outside kitchen gets more use than expected. Number 1 negative comment is piss poor outside storage. One through compartment with small door on drivers side. Very difficult to use that side so most goes in and out from passenger side. Cosmetic problems several but not serious. It’s heavy to pull IMO. Tougher than expected. Half ton isn’t enough if much distance. All mechanical has had no issues after two years of summer and winter camping.
- Paul M, Kansas

2020-03-11 2016 Airstream Bambi Sport View Listings

The 2016 Airstream Bambi Sport, 16' is an excellent, compact, versatile, and comfortable travel trailer that does not demand a lot of effort to hook-up or pull behind your vehicle. The pulling weight (dry) is only 3,500 lbs so you don't need a mammoth truck. We have owned a Bambi Sport, 16' in the past and it was perfect for adventures into the backcountry off-grid or a campsite with full hook-ups.
- Michael Hill, New Mexico

2020-03-05 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

Loved the floor plan online, even better when we saw it! Bought out of state following price enticements and availability and had a great experience with Amy at Colerain Family RV in Dayton Easy towing for the length, lots of unique features, like the big closet, 2 fireplaces, huge bedroom, power stab jacks, outdoor kitchen... This one ticked all of our wish list items. We did have a skylight leak right away, but called the manufacturer and found a local service facility who had it in and out very quickly, Tri City RV was great! Looking forward to longer stays and new adventures!
- Jan T, Michigan

2020-03-05 2016 Venture RV SportTrek 290VIK View Listings

Bought this unit in April of 2016 and used it one weekend before storing it. Took it to Florida in March of 2017 for two weeks. Was stored again until February of 2018, when it was once again taken to Florida. This trip it was left in Florida and stored at the resort's lot. Overall we really like this RV, nice floorplan, plenty of storage and only one minor problem - the awning lights, which I replaced myself. The issue we are having is with all the upholstery. Keep in mind we are in our mid 70's, have no young kids, and only use this RV for two months a year. The vinyl everywhere is cracking and flaking off. The worst is on the recliners, especially the arms. We have never experienced anything like this on any other RV we have ever owned. Tried to contact the seating manufacturer and KZ but have not gotten a response. Looks like I'll have to fix this myself.
- Fred Naz, Michigan

2020-03-04 2018 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 26DBBH View Listings

This Travel Trailer is ideal for the family who likes to travel down the road or even wants to stay in one spot for awhile. ... It is easy to pull and to park and set up. A"heavy half" ton pickup or SUV can easily tow the Travel Trailer to just about any where you can travel to. This Travel Trailer is equipped with most everything you need - it even has the leveling blocks, extra power cords and waste lines --- It is equipped with 30 ampere electric hook-up so it can go into most any campground - or - you can use a 30 amp generator to keep things cool (or warm)with the Air Conditioner / Heat unit that has the ducts in the ceiling. The power tongue jack makes it easy to connect. Also it is wired for a back-up camera to simplify backing up the Travel Trailer ... and to easily see who is behind you when traveling down the road. There is a fold down "rack" at the rear of the Travel Trailer that holds the spare tire --- and can hold the generator, bikes, or other accessories you may bring along. Your Travel Trailer even has bed linens, dishes, silverware, pots and pans, coffeepot, toaster and other accessories for your convenience .... there is even a flat iron for when the occasion calls for "duded up" clothes. The rear double bunks allow for two adults or four kids to sleep. The front queen bed is easy to access and also there are closets on either side of the queen bed. The front bedroom has two sliding doors for privacy. The pullout sofa can sleep one or two adults. The Dinette table can convert to a double bed to sleep two more people. There are two skylights, an exhaust fan in the bathroom, and all lighting is LED for brightness and to save on cooling and energy savings. The selling price is below the NADA price value and there is financing available if you want it. All in all, this Travel Trailer is available and"Ready to Go" ....
- Brian M Sullivan, Florida

2020-03-03 2018 KZ Connect 261RL View Listings

This RV is built poorly and has had to be in for service on warranty several times. The selling dealer McClains provides horrible service and keeps unit at least 3 months for any warranty repair. KZ had allowed another RV dealer service the unit (RV Guys Valley View) and they were excellent in providing the service needed in a 1-2 week time frame. But now KZ will not allow them to do service warranty and said it has to go back to original dealer. So KZ is not customer oriented after explaining the headaches with MCClains. Overall camper was fair and towed well. Floor plan is good, but customer service from KZ has turned us off from this brand of trailer.
- Dewayne , Texas

2020-02-20 2020 Coachmen Apex Nano 189RBS View Listings

I bought this model and had only owned it 6 days(in my Driveway) when it rained about an inch. I walked in the trailer and found water puddling by the right side of the slideout. I haven't even had a chance to open the slide yet let alone to go camping and this thing is leaking like crazy. If this is Coachman quality, its pathetic. It frustrating to buy a new 21 ft trailer with an msrp of almost $27,000 and it's leaking water big time.
- Jacj, Utah

2020-02-18 2019 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern 262BH View Listings

We have had our 2019 coleman lantern 262bh for a year and it has been one problem after another. The first day hauling the driver side taillight flew off going down the road. The propane keeps faulting half way through out bottles so no cooking on the stove no running the heater in the winter and no hot showers. The first week the floors warped and the bottom screw on the door locked snapped off inside the door. We have already replaced the furnace igniter. There is a bad leak above the queen size bed that has ruined my brand new $300 mattress. Of course you cant get any repairs done unless you drag it to a dealer and you cant do that when you are living 100s of miles from the nearest place working 6 days a week on the pipeline. This camper is one problem after another run far far away from the Coleman name!
- Kelli Spillane , New Mexico

2020-02-13 2018 KZ Sportsmen 231BLHE View Listings

Since day one this unit has given us issues, floor was ripped out because of a screw in dinette, adhesive paper on all cabinets warped, kitchen sink always loose and not properly caulked, outdoor kitchen warped due to caulking not installed around sink properly, the bathroom black water gauge has never read properly always reads 1/2, the roof flapped over 13 months into ownership insurance stated it was a warranty issue, warranty stated its not.the decals outside of unit have all peeled, screw are always falling out of the exterior bottom trim,unit was in out of shop, nothing was fixed, during the year warranty, extended warranty is a bigger joke.meam while no one is owning up to this lemon. It was made cheap, not sold cheap. Be careful when buying , what the salesman fails to tell you it that even minor repairs could keep your unit in repair shop for months. Theres just not enough time or space to adress my experience with this unit This adds up, prevents full access and usage of your unit. If your like me aNd cant afford to leave it in shop long periods of time due to travel etc, you will be screwed. As warranty will ride out.I. Feel as if they intentionally do this to ride out the repairs,warranty and costs out of pocket. My advice buy an older unit,new ones are not made like they used to be. I handmade numerous attempts to get this resolved, I have yet recieved a response.
- Blanca Roberts , Texas

2020-02-12 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We like our RV. But we're having a couple of major issues. I have called Ventura RV but after talking to someone about them, they're not returning my calls. I will never recommend a Ventura RV, thay don't fallow thru with there warranty. Thay have no regard for there customers. I will hilly not recommend them. It's horrible customer service.
- Bart Midkiff, Oregon

2020-02-11 2017 Coachmen Apex Nano 189RBS View Listings

I fell in love with this little camper at first sight. Like most everything else that love has not lasted. The first thing was the Interstate Battery failed on a cross country trip to Colorado. We spent $400 dollars to figure out why the heater would not light, 3 hours later after trouble shooting they figure out the battery did not have enough power to support the heater. Interstate gave us a new battery. Then the cabinets started falling apart. My husband has had to put brads in ever single cabinet in the unit as the silly staples they used in manufacturing could not hold a child's toy together much less a camper going over the road.Then the shelf under the sink caved in, we still have not fixed that. Then the screws that hold the heater cover fell out as well as the screws that hold the microwave in. The latest and most concerning is the front wardrobe cabinets have water in them... we have not owned this unit even two years yet! Oh yea , we just had to replace both vent covers also, they literally fell apart in our hands... Won't buy one of these again.
- B Bodine, Pennsylvania

2020-02-06 2018 KZ Connect C261RB View Listings

Ordered this model directly from the factory because I couldn't find one on the market. Loved the floorplan! Largest bathroom for this size RV that I could find. I initially bought it to live in after taking a new job too far from our home to commute. Lived in it for 6-months while the wife and I searched for a new home in the area of my new job. It's the perfect size for the two of us (and her small poodle). The only minor problems I had with the trailer (and remember, I was living in it), was the water pump backflow preventer valve failed on me. Since I was living in the unit and wasn't going to pick up and take it into the dealer for service, I contacted KZ and explained them my problem, and they sent me a new water pump. The water pump was a "cinch" to replace. After purchasing our new home, I did take the trailer into the dealership to have a couple of other minor warranty repairs made: a couple lag-bolts fell out of the slider and there was a recall on my awning exterior controller. While there the service department also noticed that the awning needed to be adjusted a little to better stow underway. I have had a great experience with my RV!
- Gerry Herlugson, Georgia

2020-02-06 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

This camper was leaking from the slides at first and we fixed that, then the floors started rotting and appeared to be water damage even in the dry season. We have not found the leaks but the whole floor from front to back is mushy and gives way into a hole if you try to walk on it. Very dissatisfied with quality of this camper.
- netamom, Florida

2020-02-02 2013 Keystone Passport Grand Touring 2510RB View Listings

Purchased camper new. We like the size and layout, for two adults. Easy towing with our short bed half-ton crew cab with tow package, weight distro hitch, and anti-sway bar. Front contour of the camper seems to add to easy of towing, and it pulls well on smooth and lightly uneven roads. Craftsmanship seems less careful than our previous brand, but after 6 years the seams and joints are still intact. Shower leaked between stall frame and stall pan from day one. Twice replaced toilet flush valve due to cracking and shear, now disconnecting behind toilet during frigid winter storage. Have read this is an issue for the toilet brand (and owner's winterizing), not Keystone. Keystone service seems good. Furnace quit just past warranty, but they covered. They have also covered recalls without grief. Emailed questions to Keystone have always been answered in timely manner to our satisfaction. This unit's size may be small for more than two persons, unless you like close quarters. Not much kitchen counter space. We added a hinged extension. One electrical outlet for kitchen under overhead cabinet, too high for our appliance cords. In this floor plan, no outlet at all in slide, so run cords if you want to plug in while seated at dinette or sofa. All cushions remain comfortable after six years. We upgraded mattress immediately after purchasing unit. Jackknife sofa bed okay for 5ft person. Bathroom is very tight quarters for us but not a deal-breaker. Our shower door swings out, you may want a radial rolling door design instead. Less water on floor when exiting shower. Roof is crowned for water run-off. Our model year has flat interior ceiling with low but adequate head clearance for 6ft tall person, but newer GT models are crowned for greater head clearance. Our model year also does not have walkable roof-- thinner ply under layer creaks when I crawl on it-- so ours is a challenge to self-maintain in the middle of the roof. Use an additional piece of thin ply to crawl on it. Newer models may have walkable roofs. Our roof membrane has performed well in extreme cold, snow, occasional small hail and summer direct sun (regular maintenance is key). Underbelly is enclosed but not insulated. Decorative seal on outside of one window shrank over time but window construction did not seem to allow water to seep in before we caught and repaired the problem. Scissor jacks came installed at 90 degree angle on frame, but could be reinstalled at 45 degrees for seemingly sturdier stabilization. All warranties have expired on our unit so this is an all-around fun unit to tinker with, modify, etc. Utilities are easy to locate and trace. Would we buy again? No need to, as long as we use a half ton truck. But yes, would buy a GT Passport again. Definitely go with a walkable roof if buying a Passport GT new, and install one of those name-brand whole-camper fans into both roof vents.
- Dave, North Dakota

2020-01-30 2011 Lance Lance 1985 View Listings

We bought a brand new Lance 1985 and it is nothing but junk with absolutely no support from Lance. After two years of very few hwy miles the water tank fell out in our driveway. An obvious defect. Lance wouldn't return our calls or emails. in two years the under carriage battery brackets, towing device, every single screw holding it together was completely rusted to the point we could not the spare tire of. it leaked immediately and continued to leak after getting it fixed. it now has rot and mould. What a piece of junk
- Fennell, British Columbia

2020-01-30 2020 Keystone Passport GT 2950BH View Listings

We have the 2020 Passport GT bunkhouse, we did have 2 pieces of small trim that were loose. I glued them back on with some adhesive - easy fix. We have done a ton of upgrades, memory foam mattress, tile backsplash in the kitchen and bath. New faucets, oxygenics shower head, swing out shower bar, 3 maxxair fans, ladder to the roof, LED’s in the cargo area, LED’s under the coach, removed the bottom bunk, removed the outer cook top for added storage, braided tank hoses with gauges, taped all roof seams, new locks on all outer storage doors, keyless door lock, smoked windows with shade on front door. The only issue we have had is - the power converter failed (manufacturer defect) was covered under warranty but we upgraded to a better unit. Love this camper and the quality has been great. No issues - have taken it out 9 times no issues. Love this camper. Apparently the 2020 model is a walkable roof - just no ladder. It’s the same model as the Cougar but not as pricey. Can’t say enough good about this upgrade and redesigned model.
- Brian , Florida

2020-01-25 2019 Outdoors RV Creek Side Titanium View Listings

I bought this unit Sep 2018. Went on a few short trips and everything seemed fantastic. Then I took the camper to Oregon. I woke up with water all over the counters. At first I thought there was condensation so I ignored it. Came back to Colorado and no issues. Went back to Oregon and this time it had been raining a bunch and I saw the water coming in at the corners of the window. Then a USB port that had not been used was found to be defective. By December I returned to Colorado and then the Norco frig stopped working. So camper is a year and a half old and one would never think that such things would need repairing so soon. The dealership could not find the leaks but sealed the window in spots that they thought would be the cause. The frig needed a new board and the USB had a broken wire. No warranties for these things and the dealership was not interested in keeping a client. I called the mfg myself and no return calls. This unit is glassy eye pretty but poor quality built.
- , Colorado

2020-01-24 2018 Coachmen Catalina 26BHS View Listings

2018 Catalina, 26 ft travel trailer... Poor quality. First 12 months of owner ship: 1. Loose water clamp in bathroom flooded bathroom 2. Both propane hoses at the tanks leaked 3. Stove top igniter failed 4. Range hood fan failed 5. Water pump leaked ( Atris brand =Junk) 6. Black water plush hook-up stripped threads What the hell guys? 24k and all these problems? Get your act together Forest River.
- Jimmy, California

2020-01-20 2020 Dutchmen Guide 2457RK View Listings

We purchased the RV while in Wisconsin this summer. We liked the folks at the Wausau Gander Mt. and really like the floor plan and weight of the trailer. We also felt the price was right. The person in charge with financing didn't do us well; an extra large fee that wasn't included or discussed and since we paid cash, that was upsetting. Our tech, Les, did an excellent job and while the walk around was quick, I felt I had the gist of the trailer...but chose to stay in town for a couple of days in case we had questions. We had to replace the converter over Christmas and this was not good or easy; the battery half of the trailer runs lights, jacks, etc...and we wound up in Charleston, SC and called the Camping World, was told that there were no appt's, twice, even asked if I could run the trailer by to diagnose what I knew was the issue...told no. I was given the name of a local RV person who came to the campground and in 5 minutes agreed that the converter was bad. Ordered the part and two days later replaced the part. I contacted Keystone and worked with Mallory in the customer dept. There was some hesitation about paying the bill...apparently you must go to a dealer for repairs. Obviously this wasn't a possibility and I tried. With a little negotiation, Keystone did pay the bill (the check is on its way)...but hoping that in the future more consideration will be given to an attempt to go to dealer (that is all one can try to do). As for the trailer; let's be clear...this unit is on the lower end of the pricing and yes, you do pay for what you get. We have found little things (thus far) like staples popping loose, etc...but knew going in I would have to upgrade some of these things. Over all we have spent about 20 nights in the unit and we do love the floorplan. It trailers nicely and the auto jacks are very nice for quickly getting on the road. My only hesitation thus far is what happens in the next few months if another issue arises under warranty...after that, guess we are on our own anyway. Overall...for the price, this is a unit that we really like...but you probably should be handy with tools and keep a bag of tools readily available. As for the dealer, Gander RV, located in central Wisconsin; we liked the folks there and would ask that any fees be discussed up front and not tagged on at the end as a "by the way" type situation. Maybe this is the norm in other places. I have waited a few months to review and mostly did so because I couldn't find another review anywhere for this exact breed of trailer (guide series).
- Jeff Carmichael, Indiana

2020-01-19 2019 Riverside RV Retro 135 View Listings

I bought a Retro 135 RV riverside TRAVEL TRAILER I like it thus far under 3000 pounds its great for 2 people but can sleep 4 its cool has the vintage style retro look and nice birch wood interior i really like its kind of small but has all the options of bigger travel trailers is a good trailer thus far
- mark hanning, Missouri

2020-01-19 2019 Hymer Troll 542 View Listings

I got a hymer motorhome in Canada I found it be the worst junk I ever used and owned. when I asked Hymer for help they said not our issue, not our problem we are owned by Thor group of USA and said good luck. I have heard stories just like mine so thanx Hymer for all the help. You also left a crap load of Canadians out of work and millions owed to buissness when hymer picked up a year later and left for USA thor
- e, Ontario

2020-01-09 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 332BHLS View Listings

Every square inch of this thing is bill short of correct the trim is all a corner and short nothing is snug the tiny walls that divide kitchen from living area and storage underneath bed or a plum the doors do not shut well because they were set over the weather stripping it seeps the smell of propane and sewage through the house and the tanks black and Gray are poorly designed constantly retaining excess liquid and not draining correctly, insulation is barely 4 seasons drafty. Construction is cheap pla material peeling and easily Damaged. Electrical power doesn't have backing behind it causing it to pull out toilets are flimsy hard and difficult to keep clean. The lights are wired into the battery and not easily enter changeable or replaceable leaving no alternative other than the harsh white light that comes with purchase. Access panels are cheaply made cut 316th skim board drilled into the wood Do not buy anything from this company of crooks and thieves
- Michael kent, Oklahoma

2020-01-04 2020 KZ Connect 241RLK View Listings

first of all we bought a 2019 kz connect 241rlk took it in for the shower floor to be rebuilt and in the process two holes were poked out the exterior wall,they tried painting it but did not match sanded paint off and wanted to put sticker on it,if kz inc built it right from the beginning this would of never happened.we had to wait over a year for kz to build us another trailer.got new trailer from kz and we had to have shower floor done again,and the bubble in shower leaks,also the cabinets in kitchen every time we stop my pots and pans are on floor.overall the layout is GREAT .
- James, Arizona

2020-01-03 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 232RB View Listings

We looked at many trailers prior to our purchase. Our plan is to travel across Canada when my wife retires in 2020 & thought this unit would be a good fit. Price point was competive, quality is comparative to other Jayco trailers & competitors . Lay out is good and is comfortable for the two of us. Our experience is if there more than 3 people inside at any given time, too crowded. The only main issue I have is with the cuboards on both sides of the main bed. The area is tight and makes getting into the bed a little uncomfortable & hazardous. The corners are not rounded, but squared. I have been injured on several occasions. This is a safety concern & We have not seen any changes on the newer models. That design needs to be adjusted! Minor warranty problems, but resoloved. This trailer is a must on your list if your looking for a sound unit. Good luck with picking your Kind Regards, Brian Kirk
- Brian, Ontario