Travel Trailer RVs Reviews on RV Insider (37)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Bill from Colorado says:

Have you owned any Travel Trailer RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 253RB View Listings

After several outings in my Sunset Trail and approx 1,000 miles, I can say that my overall opinion of my new camper is less than exemplary. I find that the need to save weight has resulted in very poor interior construction. First time I used the dinette for a bed for my grandson the table lowered and screws pulled out of the cheep and thin Masonite table. The ceiling wood trim has come er in for loose in several locations. Wall coverings are coming unglued. The fold out steps rubbed and damaged the screen door and need to be fixed. The dealership is terrible even though I purchased a very pricey extended warranty. Could not get appointment for a month and could take two weeks in the shop. Would not recommend to anyone I liked. What next?
- Bill, Colorado

2020-01-19 2019 Riverside RV Retro 135 View Listings

I bought a Retro 135 RV riverside TRAVEL TRAILER I like it thus far under 3000 pounds its great for 2 people but can sleep 4 its cool has the vintage style retro look and nice birch wood interior i really like its kind of small but has all the options of bigger travel trailers is a good trailer thus far
- mark hanning, Missouri

2020-01-19 2019 Hymer Troll 542 View Listings

I got a hymer motorhome in Canada I found it be the worst junk I ever used and owned. when I asked Hymer for help they said not our issue, not our problem we are owned by Thor group of USA and said good luck. I have heard stories just like mine so thanx Hymer for all the help. You also left a crap load of Canadians out of work and millions owed to buissness when hymer picked up a year later and left for USA thor
- e, Ontario

2020-01-09 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 332BHLS View Listings

Every square inch of this thing is bill short of correct the trim is all a corner and short nothing is snug the tiny walls that divide kitchen from living area and storage underneath bed or a plum the doors do not shut well because they were set over the weather stripping it seeps the smell of propane and sewage through the house and the tanks black and Gray are poorly designed constantly retaining excess liquid and not draining correctly, insulation is barely 4 seasons drafty. Construction is cheap pla material peeling and easily Damaged. Electrical power doesn't have backing behind it causing it to pull out toilets are flimsy hard and difficult to keep clean. The lights are wired into the battery and not easily enter changeable or replaceable leaving no alternative other than the harsh white light that comes with purchase. Access panels are cheaply made cut 316th skim board drilled into the wood Do not buy anything from this company of crooks and thieves
- Michael kent, Oklahoma

2020-01-04 2020 KZ Connect 241RLK View Listings

first of all we bought a 2019 kz connect 241rlk took it in for the shower floor to be rebuilt and in the process two holes were poked out the exterior wall,they tried painting it but did not match sanded paint off and wanted to put sticker on it,if kz inc built it right from the beginning this would of never happened.we had to wait over a year for kz to build us another trailer.got new trailer from kz and we had to have shower floor done again,and the bubble in shower leaks,also the cabinets in kitchen every time we stop my pots and pans are on floor.overall the layout is GREAT .
- James, Arizona

2020-01-03 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 232RB View Listings

We looked at many trailers prior to our purchase. Our plan is to travel across Canada when my wife retires in 2020 & thought this unit would be a good fit. Price point was competive, quality is comparative to other Jayco trailers & competitors . Lay out is good and is comfortable for the two of us. Our experience is if there more than 3 people inside at any given time, too crowded. The only main issue I have is with the cuboards on both sides of the main bed. The area is tight and makes getting into the bed a little uncomfortable & hazardous. The corners are not rounded, but squared. I have been injured on several occasions. This is a safety concern & We have not seen any changes on the newer models. That design needs to be adjusted! Minor warranty problems, but resoloved. This trailer is a must on your list if your looking for a sound unit. Good luck with picking your Kind Regards, Brian Kirk
- Brian, Ontario

2019-12-31 2018 Venture RV Sonic 220VRB View Listings

This is our 2nd Venture RV. The first was a 2017 Sonic Lite 150VRK. Pulled with a 2017 Subaru Outback 4 cyl. Have the Hensley Cub Arrow hitch. Expensive but well,well worth it. Made 4 trips form Mississippi to the north east. Washington Vermont and Virginia. Towed good even with the small Subaru it was ok. For the wife and I it was ok for the two of us. Only problem was a small leak on the back connection of the toliet. Went to Lowes and repaired it. Traded it in for a 2018 220 VRB. More room, a slideout, and outside kitchen. Now being towed by a 2019 Dodge Durango V6. Still use the Hensley Cub Arrow hitch. We have made 2 trips back to the North East coast area. No complaints. Pulls fine. Changed out the bathroom fan for a Fantastic Fan. And bought it from a dealer who offers a life time warranty on the camper. Leaks and all power accessories included. Hope to never use em. I read all reviews and understand some problems. So far we are not one. P.S. bought a case of tubes of Dicor. Caulked the entire camper. Never had a problem of leaks and didnt want any. Did the same with Sonic Lite 150 VRK. We checked out other campers and seems they all have issues from time to time. Its like a boat there is always something to fiddle with. Oh yes we keep our camper under a carport.
- Mike and Mary Harrington, Mississippi

2019-12-24 2000 R-Vision Batam B17 View Listings

This is the worst engineered camper i ever seen. Its structure joints, woid and steel joints are of poor quality with poor joint setup. Some places under the steel bracket a 2x2 is missing and never inserted. its wiring a mess as well, poor quality. And these units have chrinic rain water leakage problems which renders the camper's walls and floors completely disintegrate. The design can be counted as very good but not excellent. But the way they put these things together is horrible. Lots of space wasted how they setup furnace and micro and hit water heater. A 7 year old school child could have thought out a better setting and structrual integrity better than the RVision engineers. Also parts very hard to find and its a project that will never end. Do not buy one of these unless you want to punish yourself and your family. Honest review. i git hundreds of pictures if hiw this thing is so badly put together from factory.
- Khan, New York

2019-12-22 2020 Coleman Lantern 263BH View Listings

I liked the price and the floorplan. The colors were neutral enough to work with. What I did not like, 2 drawers have missed track and the doors won't lock with the key. There's no hole for it. Ordered a keyless entry lock and will have to replace the drawer slides. Other than those, a good solid C+ B-. For the price.
- Carol Schneider , South Carolina

2019-12-06 2019 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge MR2910RL View Listings

We purchased a 2019 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge new Mar. 2019. We have been the owners of this RV for 288 days as of today Dec. 5 2019. 122 days of this time the RV has been at Lazydays at Loveland for repairs . Most recently 72 days waiting outside for the authorization from the manufacturer to repair the leaks last discovered 9/23/2019. It was stored outside for most of the time previous to this. Lazydays discovered at least 8 leaks of water coming in from the outside the last time they checked.. That means that every time it rains water is leaking into the RV. Some water is probably leaking into the inside of the walls and causing mold to form. I am requesting that the manufacturer refund the amount that we paid for the RV or replace it with one of our choice of equal value. According to the information we have been able obtain Jayco has been purchased by Thor
- Jerald Powell, Colorado

2019-12-03 2016 Outdoors RV Black Stone 270CISB View Listings

This a GREAT glamping RV. It is well built with top quality features. We installed roof vents, a water filter and some features to make the closets more usable for us. Unfortunately, we have to give it up due to medical issues. Great for an overnight trip or an extended stay. Great RV.
- Gary, Nevada

2019-11-26 2016 Outdoors RV Black Stone 270CISB View Listings

We have owed this RV since it was new. It is VERY well made and has a remote to help setup and breakdowns. The remote controls the slideouts and stabilizers, a real one man operation. The bed is comfortable and the bathroom is easy to use. We have not put hard use on this RV but it is very sturdy and the heating system is oversized so you will not get cold in the winter. VERY PLEASED...
- Gary Blackburn, Nevada

2019-11-20 2019 Starcraft Launch Outfitter 27BHU View Listings

27bhuThis was full of defects and issues. From the day I brought it home. Started noticing. Don’t be fooled you call Starcraft to explain they say take it to dealer. You do that no issues fixed dealer lies and says they will fix them to no avail. There was a saw cut through the colon from factory all doors leaked constant slide out leak doors falling apart inside water pump works when it wantS. Atenna picks nothing up bubbles in filon. Windows all leak water. The floor under windows feels as if it’s swelling. There was a leak in the underbelly. The camper is a nightmare. I would stay away if even considering. Worst camper I have ever owned and or seen. Problems galore with no help from manufacturers. The service departments just say sell it and run. Thanks for all the help. The manufacturer says take it to dealer have them confirm the problems and we will fix them. You take it to the dealers they tell you well if we can’t duplicate your intermittent issues then we have to charge you an hour diag for each one. My advice is stay as far away from Starcraft as possible. I have called six on you side and plan on doing way more.
- Phil Thogmartin, Ohio

2019-11-17 2018 KZ Connect C303RL View Listings

Back to shop again , fifth time . Awning dead Again . Outside lights not working neither switches inside or outside work , bench’s pulling off wall, bench’s plywood cut to narrow, pretty much quality is very shoddy. Looks good but very poor craftsmanship, cheap material, seat supports screwed into drywall, supports 1”x 2” look like scrap lumber
- Donald Kimbrough, Texas

2019-11-09 2019 Keystone Springdale 2020QB View Listings

One of the main side windows guide broke. The dealer submitted it two times to Keystone for warranty but they refused both claims. The 2020 QB was brand new. The kitchen sink faucet leaked really bad. Keystone fixed that. The hot water heaters element for electric use had to be replaced. The side molding around the sink is falling off. IMHO Keystone builds horrible trailers. This 2020 QB is a 2019 model.
- ron, Oklahoma

2019-11-06 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 232RB View Listings

Purchased the trailer 2018. This unit fits our needs, however, as you spend more time in the unit, you really see how cheaply & quickly these trailers are thrown together. The taps are of a very low grade material & kitchen faucet had to be replaced. Would not move as designed. I would hope anything that carries or despenses a liquid would be of sound quality. Water pump sounds as if it is ready for lift off, even after we had kink in water line repaired. Module for water heater had to be replaced. On either side of the bed there are two cupboards. Very functional, but also very dangerous. Since the space is limited, the edging should be rounded. I have been hurt on more than one occasion. We understand, materials have to be light & room is limited, but why does quality & workmanship have to be sacrificed? I am at loss to understand how this would be part of a good business plan. At some point, sales will be affected. Parts do fail & this is understandable, but constant visits to service? For us, we will be extremly carefull with our next purchase. The internet can be a very valuable tool. At some point, the manufactures just might get it. Happy Camping!
- Brian, Ontario

2019-10-28 2019 Heartland Wilderness 2775RB View Listings

Purchased our unit Dec. 31, 2018from Maxie Price RV in Loganville, Ga while visiting family. Brought it home to Florida the next day and had nothing but issues. List is way to long to list here but took pics and submitted to seller. I was told I would reimbursed for my time as long as I submitted invoice. I have done so and no response. These units are garbage stay away from them. Even the service centers are garbage they flooded our unit then went out of business. (Not the place of purchase but local certified dealer in fl.) We are still finding problems now a roof leak or water intrusion everytime it rains. Problem after problem from second day of purchase til present and not even a year old. Sorry excuse for a travel trailer. Stay away they are a headache from the get go!!
- Christine Welsh/ Jeff Phillips, Florida

2019-10-27 2017 Forest River Flagstaff 25FKS View Listings

The Flagstaff 25FKS is our first trailer. We were first tent campers , then Hoteliers and wanted a new adventure . We picked this unit and it has worked great !! The stereo quit so we installed an upgraded unit. Have had zero problems and are looking to upgrade to a 26FKSBS model. Going to purchase from same dealer "Apache Camping "
- Patrick Keep, Oregon

2019-10-17 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We bought a new 2020 Venture SportTrek mostly because we like the floor plan and the tow weight was within the range we were looking. We didn’t cheap out, and had electric jacks installed as well as the rear camera and this seemed to be ok quality. Our first trip out I noticed that the drain plug/plunger in the bathroom would not sit up and allow drainage. I had other warranty work (an awning that you could actually see light through in one spot) and asked the dealer (United RV Fort Worth) to check it out. They did and reported that it was the way it was supposed to be and the rep actually went and looked at another SportTrek on the floor and confirmed it too was the same. Really, a drain plug you have to completely remove from the sink to drain water? I contacted the manufacturer to be told “The stopper is as designed.” When I went to pick up the trailer I looked at three other brands of trailers on the floor to see that they all had the ability for the plug to sit up to allow drainage and I took pics and sent them to the maker to show what should happen. They don’t care. Also when I picked up the trailer the bathroom door was askew and would not close. The rep told me that was because the slide was out and the ground was uneven. Since the dealer returned my trailer to me with a dead battery I had no choice but to bring it home to charge it up before putting it away in storage. Once I leveled it, dropped the jacks and put out the slide, the bathroom door would still not close without force! I tried pulling in the slide and it made no difference. We spent a lot of money on this for our traveling in retirement. If a dealer and manufacturer can’t even make a sink with a functioning drain and think that is “as designed” what kind of quality can I expect down the road? (No pun intended). I am very concerned and I would not have bought this if I knew then what I know now.
- Mark Allison, Texas

2019-10-17 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 29RLS View Listings

This Trailer is our third RV. I can not begin to describe how shoddy the workmanship is. Every water connection leaked. I have had to replace all of them. They still leak under the sink. The settee came apart and had to be repaired. The belly pan came undone and was dragging on the ground as we were driving down the interstate. The overhead cabinet doors have come loose. The bottoms of the cloths closets have totally come loose. the main burner on the stove has come off and I had to re-seat it with JB weld. The trim around the windows have come loose. Perhaps if one traveled with a technician or camped at a dealership... but in the real world NEVER AGAIN!
- John Cyr, Missouri

2019-10-15 2016 Shasta Oasis SST26RL View Listings

We bought a new 2017 Oasis 75th Anniversary Model in Okeechobee, Florida 33 months ago. There must must have been Labor problems when the trailer was assembled. The GFI was wired incorrectly,the tank gauge was wired backwards between fresh and black. The hitch mechanism was distorted, there was no outlet fitting on the dump valve. The spare tire was a different size from the four on the ground. The employ who did the walk-through repeatedly emphasized that is what you can expect when you buy cheap stuff. Management made themselves uncommunicative. I fixed what I could, but still have a problem with the tank gauge reading incorrectly.
- T Schultz, Florida

2019-10-09 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 330RL View Listings

We purchased this trailer in March of 2018. It was in the repair shop 3 times before we even took a short camping trip. Since then it has continually been in repair shops for everything from facial falling off while going down the highway, leaking roof, flashing bubbling, and springs and shackles replaced at 4,800 miles, springs were actually bent. Inverter for TVs put in by dealer never working properly even after 5 trips to repair shop. Bedroom TV has never worked. TV antenna so weak it can not pick up local stations. Replaced Dish network satellite system twice and still does not work. Today we are traveling to Denver by air and plan on selling this lemon at an extreme loss. We contacted Keystone and they were rude and did not care, told me I had a bad attitude. This over a 100,000 dollar investment has been a nightmare and our dream of camping across the USA in our retirement is over. Our extended warranty we purchased on this trailer for 6,800 dollars has not covered ANY of the repairs that has had to be done. Keystone should be liable as well as the dealer who sold us the trailer. Do not deal with SkyRiver RV in Paso Robles, CA since their shop cannot seem to correctly fix anything.
- John Ruskovich , California

2019-10-01 2017 Heartland Bighorn 32RS View Listings

We bought this RV in Quartszite AZ in January 2017. It rained the week after we got it and all the windows leaked and light in kitchen started coming off ceiling. The 55" tv had to also be replaced during the first 6 months. (Warranty repaired/replaced all.). Carpet started to roll in bedroom and AC thermostat wouldn't shut off. We took in to check this out and service department found that the screws were all coming out of the slide roofs, and eventually would be letting water in and then the roofs would warp, and no telling what other damage could happen. we had no idea this was even happening. It was a good thing that we were having our annual maintenance done and they found this. I contacted heartland factory (since our extended warranty would not cover structural damage. I sent them pictures upon the request of Adam and no one has gotten back to me with a reply. I have contacted them asking for a response and have gotten none. Firstly, be a great idea for all heartland owners to check their screws in the slides. (Factory installed too little of screws to hold the slide roofs on); Secondly, be sure you know structural damage isn't covered (as multiple other items aren't either) on your extended warranty. The $5,000 to repair after only 2 years and not much use is not acceptable. Very disappointed in factory for not following thru. Will post again after we get it back. If you have a heartland big Horn..Please check the roof screws on your slide outs. Report them if they are coming out... Hopefully they will do a ReCALL on this if anyone else is having this issue.
- Pati Ogletree, Arizona

2019-09-23 2018 KZ Sportsmen LE 260BHLE View Listings

Brand new Sportsman 260BHLE built with cheap components that fail. First camping trip the refrigerator failed. Second camping trip the a/c failed. Still waiting for the dealer to fix it. They said they are waiting for KZ to send parts.
- Will Johnson, Mississippi

2019-09-19 2019 Winnebago Winnie 2455BHS View Listings

Purchased in August 2018. Camped in Florida a few times. No problems. Let on June 23rd of 2019 for a 4 month trip to Maine. 2nd stop revealed metal bracket holding sewer line cracked and pipe bouncing freely under tracer. Also the handle from gray water ush was missing. On first use of outside kitchen found handles to stove non functional. Called customer service and it was a fiasco. Too long and ridiculous to repeat. Then on way home stopped in New Hampshire and found air conditioner non functional. Called dealer and it is a known problem with Dometic rooftop units. Just had to shell out $168.35 to a mobile repair and purchase a portable air conditioner as a backup to keep the pets from overheating. Winnebago blew me off. Useless. Dealer was very helpful but were 1000 miles away. My suggestion is buy used and use the money you save to make repairs.
- Dan Adams, Florida