Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (82)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bill from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 253RB View Listings

After several outings in my Sunset Trail and approx 1,000 miles, I can say that my overall opinion of my new camper is less than exemplary. I find that the need to save weight has resulted in very poor interior construction. First time I used the dinette for a bed for my grandson the table lowered and screws pulled out of the cheep and thin Masonite table. The ceiling wood trim has come er in for loose in several locations. Wall coverings are coming unglued. The fold out steps rubbed and damaged the screen door and need to be fixed. The dealership is terrible even though I purchased a very pricey extended warranty. Could not get appointment for a month and could take two weeks in the shop. Would not recommend to anyone I liked. What next?
- Bill, Colorado

2020-07-04 2020 Keystone Passport GT 2500RKWE View Listings

My Daughter just bought this Passport travel trailer and we are not happy. Construction is terrible. Quality and craftsmanship are not present in Keystone trailers. Dinette table base screws into the floor were stripped. Out of 12 screws (6 in each mount), 8 were stripped, leaving 2 on each side holding the table. There was a water leak under the kitchen sink that we had to fix. The solar ready SAE jack was messed up and could not insert the plug. Had to replace the jack. The TV arm was not installed level and had to be repaired. There were numerous screws on exterior moldings that were stripped and had to be and had to be fixed. That's just in the first 2 weeks we had the trailer. Haven't even been on the road yet because we are still repairing or replacing the poor workmanship by Keystone.
- Thomas Walsh, Nevada

2020-06-27 2016 Oliver Oliver Legacy Elite II View Listings

Oliver makes a great quality trailer. Tows like a dream. Lightweight but strong and stable. Easy maintenance inside and out. Quality HVAC, plumbing and kitchen components. Great for boon-docking with solar panels and high ground clearance. Never any issues after 4 years of use and winter storage.
- Carol Burge, Minnesota

2020-06-23 2019 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge 26BHS View Listings

Very happy with it, no problems whatsoever.everything works. Very well thought out. Roomy great floor plan. Ours was special ordered with 2 ac units but they never took delivery. We a rd e very pleased with it!
- Scot mckay, Idaho

2020-06-23 2020 Coleman Lantern 263BH View Listings

I purchased this RV brand new and have used it for 3 camping trips. So far, all of the cabinets and drawers won’t stay shut while towing. We’ve had to bungee them together to keep them closed. The big drawer under the stove came all the way out and ended up on the floor, with the frame. The screws from the door under the couch have come off on one side. The fridge has also had some issues. Some of the window shades don’t work properly. And the small solar panel that came with the trailer didn’t come with the plug to plug it in the trailer.
- Rose, Utah

2020-06-21 2018 Palomino Puma 31FKRK View Listings

I have owned a few campers and motorhome this is by far the best unit I have owned. The floorpan and the options are great especially the 50 amp option which gives us 2 AC. So far no problems and this unit had every option available so we are happy we bought it loaded.
- Mike Carter, Texas

2020-06-20 2021 Palomino Puma 23FBC View Listings

Tons of little things that should have been caught before it was shipped. Sewer pipe hanging way to low. Should've been tucked closer to frame. Sewer pipe hanger loose.Single sink is terrible idea. Large drain on freshwater tank hangs way to low, will be easy to drag off. Stabilizer jacks barely on frame lip. Should be centered under it. Sloppy fitting glass in widows (cheap garbage). Large glass window in front bedroom and to cheap to add a roof vent. Rubber lp gas hoses underneath stretched so tight you can play music by strumming it. Bumper was so distorted (out of square) took an hour of tweaking to get sewer hose to fit inside it. Lots of places throughout that are not square that should be. I'm sure there will be others but this was all found the first day looking it over.
- John, West Virginia

2020-06-19 2018 Keystone Keystone Passport Ultra Lite 199ML View Listings

If I could give Support zero star I would. We over filled the holding tank and a valve is stuck they will not give us any information how to fix the problem. Take to authorized dealer. We are very capable and just need a little info. Also the floor is squishy from the kitchen frig to the bathroom sink. Has been since we bought it seems to be getting worse.
- MaryLee Godfroy, Massachusetts

2020-06-19 2018 Keystone Springdale 311RE View Listings

Do not ever buy a keystone rv. The quality is horrible, and you may not realize it until after purchase. They do not stand by their product, and look for any excuse to decline repairs. We learned the hard way. Buyer beware.
- Robin, Florida

2020-06-18 2020 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 259FKDS View Listings

Great layout with plentiful storage. Upon delivery I made some modifications. I added vent covers to protect from hail damage and I cut down the RV King bed to a standard queen, in order to make more room for making the bed. I brought the unit home from the dealer and made the above modifications, then I put the unit in storage; about 40 minutes, each way, from home. When I brought the unit out of storage last week to make our first trip I noted that the clothes rod, hanger strip, in the hall closet had fallen, with nothing on it. I rehung the rod using larger, shorter, screws and put a screw in every hole. Upon arrival noted the clothes rod, hanger strip, had come down on one side, bent, and was being held up by the one screw the was in a cross strut. Built frame out of oak 1 x 2 after returning home and reattached clothes rod, hanger strip. Shortly after arriving noticed that there was something hanging under unit with some wire. Inspection revealed that an access had been cut into the bottom cover and then taped up and the tape did not adhere. I retaped with duct tape, but it did not hold. I retaped with carpet tape today, not sure if it will hold?????? When using the DVD player there were lines on the TV and I could not get the sound to come through the TV speakers. Removed DVD player and moved L and R speaker wires from input to output. Upon leaving the camp site it was noted that the USB charging outlet under the TV was not working. Ordered replacement on Amazon. When my wife opened the freezer, at the camp site, the beauty panel fell out. I reinstalled the panel, but it fell out again when we were unloading the unit after we returned home. This time I put carpet tape on the top and bottom of the panel prior to reinstalling. We'll see. While taping the access panel under the unit I noticed that the holes where the lines and pipes came out from under the rig were not completely sealed. I used some high density foam to thoroughly seal the openings. Noticed that some of the exterior trim screws are coming out and I will replace those with aluminum pop rivets. I'm a little annoyed but overall happy with the unit. We really like the layout.
- Richard Rotte, Colorado

2020-06-16 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 17B View Listings

Great starter camper. This is all you need, it has a bunk house, a dinette table that turns into a full size bed, and has the kitchen and bathroom. This is not a luxury camper, it is bare bones. It does not have a oven, the backsplash is wall paper, the fridge is a little bigger than a college dorm fridge. I love the awning, the fireplace, and the beds. My kids love it. We will be putting some work into it by adding a stick on backsplash, adding some more storage, a tv and a thicker mattress on the queen size bed. However for the price you can not beat it. If you are looking for something to start your rv journey with your kids, this is the best one. even though they say it comes with a back up camper, it does not.
- Barlas Yuce, Pennsylvania

2020-06-16 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2922FKDS View Listings

GANDER RV OF ATLANTA REVIEW 2/29/2020: It starts with a salesperson who is completely "illiterate" about the product he is selling but has a number to meet and tells you what he knows you want to hear, or thinks he knows what you want to hear! About the only honest or knowledgeable words that came out of the salesman's mouth were that it had four tires and a spare. He enjoyed telling us of the 55" TV (Actually a 40") and the “overall” 29' length of the RV (It was a model "2921" so it must be...right...WRONG, it is 33' - 7" long!" 29’ IS THE BODY ONLY!) Sadly, I could go on and on but thankfully we knew the "facts" of the Trailer we were looking at before we purchased so BUYER BEWARE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE BEFORE DIGESTING ANYTHING THEY SAY regarding anything on or in the RV! 3/3/2020: A few days later (Weather was horrible that week and I needed another truck to safely tow my new RV) doing my PDI, I saw the salesperson and he just looked at me and walked on. (Truly, I was just a number!) Now onto the Service Department, kinda like "Military Intelligence" it does not exist, except to get you “over the curb” and off of their lot. YOU NEED TO BRING A PDI FORM WITH YOU (I have one if you need it) and be sure YOU operate EVERYTHING AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. I messed up by being impatient with their illiteracy regarding my RV so I bum-rushed him and got out of there knowing that with the manuals I could figure it all out. WRONG: THERE WERE DEFECTS IN CRAFTSMANSHIP! (95% of my Appliances and installed products were not given to me) Once you “Get over the curb” it becomes another trip back to the Dealer AND a Warranty issue! I bought an Equalizer hitch also and the Snap-up lever tool was not even put in the RV. (You MUST HAVE THIS TOOL sometimes when connecting to your tow vehicle!) (Later note: They installed the Equalizer Hitch improperly also) JUNE 16, 2020 SUMMATION EDIT DUE TO CHARACTER LENGTH RESTRICTION: Both Gander RV of Atlanta and Dutchman (Keystone, Thor Industries) are vastly beneath sub-par in their customer service and overall delivery of a satisfactory product. I still do not have an ETA for the completion of my RV and I have no confidence that any items will actually be repaired plus the RV will be filthy as every time before. Did I mention the dirty dark fingerprint smudges on “ALL” of my AC ceiling vents? STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALER, drive to another State if you have to for an RV, but please stay away from this sham of a Dealer.
- Ron Smith, Georgia

2020-06-15 2020 Crossroads Zinger 320FB View Listings

POS. I bought a 37 foot brand new. Had to be ordered. Came in with hail damage and outdoor kitchen counter broken (nobody said a word). Took home with dealer promise to repair. 2 days in hot water heater quit, 3rd day window leaking water inside. Screen fell off screen door because it wasn’t properly installed. Rear AC stopped blowing cold after 2 weeks. Every time I turn around something is messing up. Dealer only days bring it in and we’ll fix it. 2 hour drive and takes a month or longer. This product is a joke. I’m a master mechanic and take cars apart and put back together daily. This thing built cheap!!! I’m still waiting to see what if anything the manufacturer will do. If they do right I’ll change my opinion.
- Joshua, Texas

2020-06-13 2018 KZ Mini Escape 181RK View Listings

I have has constant water leaks since I bought the Escape Minie in 2018. Now outside hot water switch can't be switched on. I have water coming down the back of the shower wall that dries up by noon. ??? To what issue is?? Could be AC drawing into wall from top of RV. However, everything was checked out, double checked before I left for 2 months as cap host. This has been a well cared for RV!! It still smells new. I am so disappointed over the constant problems. I can't depend on it to be a stable & usable! It is a constant worry! Its a lemon. Lemon laws apply!
- patty gray, Texas

2020-06-11 2020 Gulf Stream Conquest 301TB View Listings

Purchased from Great Outdoors RV in Auburn, worse customer services ever. Have had to fix severely things myself haven’t even owned it 6 months. Obvious your company takes no pride in their workmanship, very poorly built.
- Stacey Brown, New York

2020-06-04 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

DO NOT BUY!!! This trailer is a total piece of crap. We have had issues from the very first year with this unit. We had floor issues,(the outrig supports failed),had to fight to get that issue fixed and now have major water issues with our slides. Do not buy and support this manufacturer!!!!!
- Lori Burke, Newfoundland and Labrador

2020-05-28 2020 Forest River Vibe 21BH View Listings

I loved the floor plan and thats why I bought it. It maximizes the usable space very well. The Build Quality and materials are absolute crap. I owned a Jayco Class C and sold it to buy this and its a night and day quality comparison. Unless you want to do extra work because you love the layout don't buy a Forest River. I've had it 3 weeks and already had to rebuild the seat for the table (cheap wood with screws pulling out), The back support for the table just pulled out the screws today (I am not a large person)..... which is why I'm writing this review. I get to rebuild that next..... Neither the inside speakers or most of the cupboard doors were not installed straight. I wish I would have taken the time to notice these details before I bought it. Every screw I've seen on this thing is not straight and looks like they built it on some kind of reality Trailer speed build show. Its super disappointing to spend 20k+ on a new trailer and have to spend my time rebuilding it. Not sure whats going on at that factory, but they should be ashamed.
- s.klein, Washington

2020-05-28 2018 Cruiser RV MPG 3100BH View Listings

This is our 3rd camper. We upgraded each time. It has 3 slides and everything we needed. We love it! We have only had 2 issues. Awning had pinholes where it connected right above the door and the pipes needed to be tightened after we brought it home. The quality is as good as other campers we have been in. Our model has tons of kitchen storage which was a requirement of mine. We added awnings over all the slides. We use this camper all summer and for spring and fall trips. It pulls well after we finally got it adjusted with the sway bars. We use a 2500 truck to pull it. My husband and I can both pull it and set it up alone. In my opinion it is a great camper. I had never heard of the brand before and didn't care after seeing the inside. It was just as good as other ones the same price.
- Ashley G, Tennessee

2020-05-26 2020 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition View Listings

I love my 2020 Freedom Express Liberty Edition! Everywhere I go I get compliments on how nice my rig is. The large windshield window at the front bedroom allows for a lot of light in the bedroom and awesome views outside. With two large slide outs adjacent to each other in the main living area it really opens up the space and it doesn't feel tight at all! An abundance of windows brings in a lot of light so this travel trailer is not dark at all. I like having the center island with the sink and spray faucet. The coffee bar is nice. Oh....The Freedom Express Liberty Edition has so much storage!!! I still have cabinets with nothing, or very little in them! There is a large pantry in the kitchen area. The AC units blow very cold. The LED accent light package inside the RV is a nice feature, especially if you are entertaining family/friends. With the Liberty edition, I have a nice sized porcelain toilet that is great. I am completely and 100% satisfied with my purchase and would buy the same RV again. I've owned my RV for 4 months now and living in it full time and I'm still finding things I didn't know about that are so cool. I LOVE this thing!!! Now, has everything worked 100%? No, but I have already reached out to Coachmen Warranty Service and they have provided me authorized shops in my area to take my RV to for warranty work. First, my furnace stopped heating. From what I understand the system attempts to light 3 times and if it doesn't light after the third attempt the system turns the fan off and will not retry. I've got to get that warranty item resolved. Also, my Drivers' side rear stabilizer jack stopped working electronically so I have to manually crank it. Honestly, its probably just a blown fuse but I haven't checked it yet. Last thing that I found on my new Freedom Express when I opened the outdoor shower compartment the shower head was actually cracked where it connects to the hose. When I did my walkthrough at the dealership I bought from we didn't even open that compartment so I didn't discover that until a few weeks later. Take note to check EVERYTHING! Last advise I would give to someone considering this RV and any RV for that matter....Where you buy from matters! Make sure you chose a dealer that does a very thorough walkthrough and pre-delivery inspection with you. Make sure you check that everything works before you leave the lot. Happy Camping!
- CJ , Tennessee

2020-05-24 2015 Highland Ridge RV Roamer 310BHS View Listings

We looked at many RVs and many floor plans. Read so many reviews and decided on the Open Range Roamer. Apparently I didn't read the right reviews. The one we bought has had so many issues. Now, I'm not saying every one is a piece of junk, but mine is. Within the first 18 months (under the two year warranty) both A/C's went out, a gear box in the big slide went out (come back to that later), the rock guard separated in the front leaving a 6" gape in the siding, trim was coming lose in numerous places, the built in black tank wash didn't work, and there was a soft spot developing in the kitchen floor. Took it in and it was in the shop for approx 6 months. When we got it back, within 3 months, another gearbox in the kitchen slide went out. Come to find out, they had a bad batch of gear boxes. I complained and asked why the hell wouldn't they change the other 3 when they did the one if they knew they were bad. They "good faithed" them and sent the remaining gear boxes, free of charge, to the shop we had it at but didn't pay the labor ($700). Fast forests forward to now... it's 5 years old, the front A/C has been out for a year or so now, trim is loose inside again, and we have a big soft spot in the floor between the living area and bedroom. We took it in 6 months ago to have it looked at and the drain on the shower was dripping under the floor and saturating the insulation. It ran across the trailer and ruined the floor. This thing has been a headache. I guess the day this one was manufactured, someone was hung over, who knows. I would not buy another Open Range and would not recommend to anyone!
- Michael, Texas

2020-05-24 2015 Prime Time Avenger 32BIT View Listings

Primetime manufacturing is extremely poor and they do not stand behind their quality. Upon receiving our RV we noticed the wall in the bunk house was bowed and the tape detached. They said that happens when traveling. When you walk on carpet in slide nails poke and puncture the bottom of your feet. The nails in ceiling have a yellow discoloration. They screwed the wood in so tight, they split the wood and didn’t repair. The screws on the outside kitchen were all broken and not repaired. In the master room the wall has little bumps coming out of the wall. The caulk job was very poor. It was like they were at the end of the caulk gun and left an 1/8th of an inch of caulk for about 2 ft. All insulation underneath the bottom of the front of the RV retained so much water that it started coming through the floor and rotting the walls on both sides near kitchen slide and living room side. There has been one thing after another since purchase. We have contacted them numerous times and are told it’s maintenance issues we failed to conduct.
- Bella Davis, Michigan

2020-05-22 2018 Coleman Lantern 285BH View Listings

Bought this RV new off the lot less than a year ago. The first awning broke during the first little bit of rain (with 0 wind) while my wife and I were sitting under it. Snapped the tracks off the side and everything. Heater element for the water tank went out after three months and 4 uses. Water seeping in through the slide out. Floor underneath the tub has already rotted through. And now, just before I wrote this, my second awning snapped after less than a minute of rain. I’m done with this piece of junk. Stay far far far away from Coleman. Sure the price point is nice, but you get what you pay for, and I wish I’d have been smarter with my choice. If you like your camper spending most of the season waiting for the warranty company to get around to fixing your rv, this one is for you. Otherwise, be smart and spend a little extra for better quality. Don’t be like me and get stuck with a lemon.
- Eddie , North Carolina

2020-05-10 2019 Forest River Rockwood Windjammer 3008V View Listings

We bought our 2019 WindJammer before it was even 2019. It has pros and cons in every aspect. The good parts is that it has endured as we live & work out of it. It does have areas throughout that were not completely sealed when it was manufactured. So when you open an end cabinet, you can see a seam of daylight, or in the closet edge, or floor by the bed. Overall though,, it is nicely built, as far as woodwork & attractiveness. It didn't come w/a bedroom TV, but did come w/an outside grill attachment & fridge in the outside panel. We've had to work on the sink a few times, cause seals didn't stay well, at all. The landing gear was taken off due to, in Colorado we had some rough weather & it actually bent them, so they no longer worked. Like extremely intense winds, we did not stay in camper. When purchased, the front slide out floor was bowed. Should have had them fix it, as it has gotten worse. Will have to be replaced. Can't use the warranty as we need the camper to live & work out of, and they keep it in shop a while, so husband will have to replace that himself. It pulls ok, with some sway if speed gets up to much, but it's mainly because we have a F150 and we should have purchased a F250, but it does pull it fine, but at a slower speed. Stove, microwave, sound system all work great. Lacks some cabinet storage, but does have under the bed & behind the flat screen TV storage, which is very nice. And most is very sturdy built, that I can say w/confidence. The rv furniture doesn't last long for heavier folks, just saying. It is really nice looking & cool, but we did have to replace it with some good, quality Ashley furniture. "Watch the fit" though. Back sofa has to be taken apart when we travel, pulling the slide-outs in. But fits real nice, otherwise. And the front door is wide enough to bring it in, if the backs are removable. We pulled the table & chairs out and replaced with a small sized floor freezer & small desk & chair. Works great for us. One if the best things is about this rv, it uses extremely low amounts of propane. If using electric, it has an electric hot water heater & frig, so you can go on either one; so unless you cook an extreme amount, we don't change out the propane for months & months. Wonderful on that! Really decent & nice living space. Comfortable. Beside the bed, in bedroom is a tad snug, but overall, real nice. If I were to do it over again, we'd probably get a fifth wheel (again) instead of a bumper pull. (This is our fourth camper in all.) The closet is nice, but not crazy about the "V" shaped shelf space. It's hard to place things manageablely in there. If you have 'OCD', you'll understand where I'm coming from on that. Windows, in my opinion, are awesome! They did a great job on the structure and the blind-deals on the inside. They open and close easily & pretty-much are private, yet can be opened for a beautiful view. Tented on the outside. Frig works great, propane & electric options. Decent amount of outlets throughout the camper, which is real nice, and proves someone was thinking when it got built. Fireplace is wonderful with great heat. Scenic fireplace. We seldom use the furnace at all, but it'san option, of course. And we've been all over. Colorado, New Mexico, Louisiana, Texas, etc. Pulls nice and a pleasure & joy to own, with those few exceptions mentioned. Bathroom is real nice. Shower is great, as well as toilet & sink. Toilet needs a good cleaning every so often, with running your hosev"inside" the house & through, so it can clean out any build up. Keep it smelling decent. We also use rv orange packs, "open & dump". Don't throw the sacks in there. They do not dissolve great & can build up over time, stopping up your tank. We also use some Pinesol to help with the oder every time we flush it out. Steps coming into the rv are a bit steep. If you have knee or hip problems, I'd recommend them being replaced. Well that's it. We love our rv, but would buy a fifth wheel, should we have done better research, but it's still real nice & depends on your taste. Just a few notes, unsure if they'll be read, but they're out there.
- Tracy, Texas

2020-05-04 2019 KZ Sportsmen C170RD View Listings

As of this the review the camper has not left my yard. Picked up new from dealer 4/2020. Upon getting camper ready for use found out how poor it is. Materials used to build the unit appear to be average quality but how it is built is another question, poorly to say the least. here are just a few issues, first time getting into the bed corner pushed in due to plywood hatch being cut incorrectly and hinge only attached with 5 screws, moldings are missing in 3 areas, flooring puffed, closet bar miss installed, water tank hold down loose, missing sealant around air conditioner, only one screw holding microwave tray, wrong size screws used throughout the camper and really cheesy ceiling vents with no fans. All this and we have not even turned on anything yet or used it. Most of the issues would not exist if KZ had even a slight amount of quality control. The Company also cut corners by not installing a few basic items, Ex, Range Hood, Ladder to Roof, Bathroom Sink, Metal Kitchen Sink and Faucet, Inset Fire Extinguisher. If you want Poor Build Quality and Corners Cut this is the unit for you!
- Brian Sherwood, New York

2020-05-03 2020 East to West Della Terra 271BH View Listings

We love our new East to West. We looked for months and found the perfect floorplan a perfect dealership. Love the King Bed and Four Seasons. Strongly recommend you consider East to West, way more stand equipment than others in the class and superior build quality.
- Stacy Clark, Missouri