Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (121)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Stacy Clark from Missouri says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 East to West Della Terra 271BH View Listings

We love our new East to West. We looked for months and found the perfect floorplan a perfect dealership. Love the King Bed and Four Seasons. Strongly recommend you consider East to West, way more stand equipment than others in the class and superior build quality.
- Stacy Clark, Missouri

2021-02-23 2021 Forest River Salem 171RBXL View Listings

Bought this lemon on Feb. 1,2021. I will list the problems. We have only taken it out twice so I am sure more issues will arise. 1. Oustside wall is bulging and coming apart. The wall is next to the chair. Camping world will not fix as they want forest river to fix it. 2. Cable was not hooked up. No cable ran to the cable plate. Camping world said we could pay to have it fixed! After going balistic, Camping World did fix it. 3. Airconditioner only works on low and none of the speeds work. 4. Cabinets hit each other so the wood is chipping. 5. Grit and sand come out to the shower faucet. 6. Refrigerator does not keep food cold. Talked to Forest River customer service. He said sorry, we are cranking these RVs out so fast they are just having so many issues. Did not agree to fix the lemon. DO NOT BUY Forest River Products or from Camping world.
- patssmith50, Florida

2021-01-24 2021 Forest River Salem 171RBXL View Listings

My wife and I have been looking to buy our second RV, so we decided to go with another forest river, they look nice until you take a closer look, then you will find that there are many faults in every part of the workmanship, from missing painted spots to scratch walls and crooked bed frame. We took our new RV for a ride and the second trip we got home with the front window completely shattered , it has been 2 months since the incident and the manufacture just approved the replacement but we will have to wait 2 more months for the window to be replaced.
- Jorge, Arizona

2021-01-08 2018 Keystone Cougar 34TSB View Listings

Purchased this unit at a dealer in NC, not Camping World. After 30 hours the furnace failed. Neither Keystone nor the dealership had access to parts. My husband found the part, a sail switch in another town, drove and picked it up, took it to RV mechanic. The dealership was useless and rude. These places take your money, that's all they want. The general manager was completely disrespectful and that applies to women. In addition, the bedroom door know fell off, outside screws are loose to the point I have hand tightened them. The unit is made with cheap materials. Flimsy thin plastic, dinette is a joke- not wood, but some type of thick laminate pin nailed to a wood frame. We cannot get grey water valve to release 🤨 They boasted about the Polar Package. Forget it! Its just some thin membrane under the rig, does not protect you from cold temperatures. Sold to us as a 4 season RV, but extremely difficult to maintain warmth. Cheap everything that is furniture. It's all plastic, bedroom is so poorly layer out you cannot walk around the bed. Has a king bed, should have been a queen or full. Dangerous for seniors and ppl with ambulatory issues. Very difficult to keep floors and carpet clean. This rig is almost $50k new, we paid $32k, which was $10k too much. Purchased extended warranty, but dealing with all three of these entities is a nightmare. Do not purchase for cold weather regions, save your money. I would never purchase another Keystone product. This has been nothing but a headache and depressing. I hope this helps one person steer clear of Keystone. God Bless
- Debbie, North Carolina

2021-01-04 2021 Forest River Salem 171RBXL View Listings

I purchased my travel trailer two months ago. Used it at the Camping World campground where I purchased it. Used it again two weeks later after that. On Dec 17th my family and I made our way from North Carolina to Arizona to visit our son for Christmas. This was mainly the reason why we purchased this travel trailer. However, after the first night we started having trouble with our slide out. It would only go out so far and then nothing. Finally got it out on night two and just under way on night three. We contacted Camping World in Amarillo, Texas and they could not help us for another few months. Luckily we found a local dealer to help with the issue. They got the slide out back on track but informed us about it needing new tracks. We never tried to open the slide until we got to our destination at Luke Air Force Base. After arriving on the 23rd I tried to move the slide out again and only went halfway out and now it will not retract back in. My wife and I have been trying to get someone to help with our slide in out. Forest River got me in touch with Tech support. He walked me through the trouble shooting procedures for the slide out. Nothing worked. Roadside assistance gave me numbers to mobile techs but no one answered or returned my call. Called customer service again after they started back after the new year and informing them about my situation yet again and all I got was silence and nothing more. With a company as big as this, one would think they will try to help their consumers. Especially since this travel trailer was put together so poorly. Now the slide out is not the only problem with this travel trailer. There is so much more. But the slide out is the most important issue because now I am stuck with my slide out halfway out and will not retract. So now I am having to find a way to get this back in to go home. Will never buy from this company again.
- Timothy Bingham, North Carolina

2021-01-01 2021 Winnebago Voyage 3033BH View Listings

I will start with the positives. The inside is beautiful and the layout is perfect. Unfortunately, we have had a myriad of issues in the last few months of owning it. Warped doors thay keep being delivered in the wrong color, the required fire extinguisher was left out, the speakers weren't working when we inspected it the day of pick up, the refrigerator fuse needed to be replaced and then the refirgerator started to leak we noticed after it had seeped under the cabinet, the battery actuator is wired incorrectly, the gravity drain flow vent was blocked, the door frame is bent and wouldn't latch properly, the bathroom sink leaked because the PVC piping wasn't glued, the stabilizing system shorts out...and to top it all off, 1/5 of the roof of the camper just peeled off while going 60mph down I10. I would say I love it but the dealer hasn't been helpful...and none of the major things should have made it out of the factory unnoticed.
- Jessica Sepulveda-Viola, Florida

2020-12-15 2021 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 273QBXL View Listings

Just had my new 273QBXL delivered about a month ago. The quality of workmanship is lacking. I found stews halfway sticking out, molding that doesn’t meet, chips here and there. It seems they go too fast and there’s no quality control on these things. There is no way to miss all the shoddy work I found. Like ve the floor plan but geez, someone check the work before leaving the factory. The roof looks like a child had a party with a caulk gun. I found prices of wood, molding, metal, screws etc all over the place under the couch’s and cabinets. It’s too bad because again the floor plan is nice. I guess that’s what you get on lower end campers.
- Ron G, North Carolina

2020-12-09 2021 Forest River Salem 171RBXL View Listings

The window over the counter leaked so bad thru the frame the water ran down the wall into the front storage compartment. The gutter drains were installed wrong by the factory. And my brand new canvas has a hole in it. Took over 55 days to get replacement window. Camping world of myrtle beach kept my camper almost 2 months. Never offered a temporary fix or rental trailer. I missed 2 trips because of them.

2020-12-09 2021 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 263BHXL View Listings

We bought brand new so that we didn't inherit someone else's problem, but after getting it home, we found out that new has it own problems. Drawer slides broke on both drawers during the 20 minute drive home. Called dealer, took photos and sent them to the dealer. Dealer said they could order the parts to get it fixed, but it would be a few weeks. Decided to try the fix on my own, after getting the drawers out learned that they were only held in with 1 screw each, and that was off center so it tore out the backside of the cabinet. Some wood glue, clamps and a solid wood backer, now better than 'new'. Loose screws everywhere, poor quality abound. Everything behind or under the visual exterior was covered in saw dust, zip tie pieces, ends of cutoff and general trash. The West edition of this model is not insulated at all from what I can see. More work than I expected to do on a NEW purchase. We will see how the trailer fairs over time, but so far I feel that we way over paid for the quality we received.
- Jerry Welch, Arizona

2020-12-07 2020 KZ Connect 241RLK View Listings

Bought brand new Sept 2019. It stays parked at campground Mar - Nov. This past April My furnace stopped working. I called a guy in campground to come look at it. He said a piece broke off and got lodged in fan and burned motor up. He also said there was water in furnace but not uncommon with the amount of rain we had been getting. Had 2 year bumper to bumper warranty.called dealer and told them problem, they couldn't come look at it there and we didn't want it in shop during camping season so we waited until season ended. Took it Dec 2020. Dealer said furnace full of water. Somebody had to have put water in furnace. I told him several times I came there and water was in kitchen floor in front of furnace. KZ refuses to replace furnace unless I can prove water comes in furnace during hard rain. Sure that's what I wanted to do, pour water in furnace of my brand new camper. No wonder they have 2 year warranty. They blame owner for something instead of investigating how rain water came in. I will never buy another KZ Connect! Horrible customer service. Were not willing to help at all.
- Donna Skeens, Virginia

2020-11-27 2021 Forest River Salem 171RBXL View Listings

Leaked from the factory. Window over the sink and stove leaked so bad the water ran across the counter down the wall into the front storage compartment. The awning leaked right onto the door handle and keyhole. The gutter diversion drains were installed wrong allowing water to run down the aluminum panels leaving marks in the paint. After Camping World took it in service October 9th 2020 I was told they were waiting for factory authorization. After 3 weeks I called the factory and was told they just got the work order. They told me they only cover water damage a year but would help to expedite the window. What liars. Here it is November 27th and I hear it is almost done.

2020-11-12 2021 Forest River Salem 33TS View Listings

Just finished my first trip in our new camper. Before we left had to get outside kitchen plumbing fixed. Hot, cold and drain all leaked. Bunk room door will not latch, curtains have pin holes in several of them, black water rinse leaking somewhere in the belly, the galley holding tank is only for a clothes washer that we will never use leaving all gray water going into one tank. Why wasn’t it plumbed for galley since it’s clearly labeled galley? Simple things like coax labels were put on backwards. We had to order the camper and wait for it to be built certainly thought they’d have done a much better job with all the time it took. Not happy with our camper or the factory that produced it. I’ll have to see how company backs its product.
- Danny Smith, Arkansas

2020-11-11 2021 Forest River Salem 171RBXL View Listings

Like the looks. Like the floor plan. Love how it tows. Found out in first week the window over the kitchen sink and stove leake bad. Water down the wall into front storage compartment. The corner drains for gutters are installed wrong. Rain water runs down the sides leaving marks. The awning open or closed directly leaks onto the key and latch of the entrance door. It's been in the repair shop since October 9th 2020. I already made 2 payments and haven't been able to use it. I spoke to a few people at customer service but nothing but stories about how they would expedite my parts and okay my labor. That was in October now my parts are coming on November 16th, but they want to patch my Brand New Awning. Never Again! In less than 2 weeks I found installing the cable for tv I lost FM reception. The window over the stove and sink counter leaks so bad I had water in my front storage compartment. The rain also comes down on the key lock and handle of the entrance door from awning. The rain gutters have corner extensions that aren't installed correctly, allowing the water to run down the aluminum leaving Mark's. When I talked to the customer service I was told by so many people how sorry the were and would get my parts expedited. Liars! My window will be arriving on the 16 of November. This all started and my camper has been in the shop since Oct 9. Also my water damage, forget about it. One year warranty even if it's proven to leak before you get to use it. Never again Forest River.

2020-11-09 2017 Forest River Wildwood T32BHDS View Listings

2017 Wild wood by Forest River Inc. T32BHDS. Well my experience is not so good at this point. First of all we were sitting there one evening and we heard a big band sounding commotion. A tank dropped ( an empty tank). Was told have to take it to dealer to fix cause of protection cover or we would void our warranty. Dropped it off and then got phone call it will cost me $1,000 dollars. Now a leak on the pressurized water line has developed. Got under the trailer and to my surprise the cover is bolted on then it is put on the frame and bolted down. That means you can't undo the cover to get to anything. They cut it and taped it back up after they put screws in the strap to fix tank back up in place. Which is something that was to be properly done when it was manufactured. So I had to pay that much money for someone else to put screws in properly that I could have done myself and then I would have known it was cut and taped so it could be checked on regularly to prevent critters from having access to move in. If I would have been informed of the tape job I would not be chasing critters out of places you have no access to. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. Not alone can't get a return call for help.
- Kathy Cawley, Oregon

2020-10-31 2020 Dutchmen Kodiak 332BHLS View Listings

This has to be the worst camper/company ever. I purchased this camper for camping, but also because my husband is in the military and it take awhile to find housing while moving. Well after having this camper for 1 months this thing started to fall apart. Delamination and floor rot. I contacted the company and the have had my camper for 3 months and I can't get a hold of anyone. I am currently living with friends and waiting for housing because of this.
- Joey, Arkansas

2020-10-26 2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 231RBDS View Listings

This is our first travel trailer, and we were towing novices at the beginning. We have put around 10k miles on it and at least 80 nights. We pull it with a Dodge Ram 1500 3.6L gas V6 engine with tow package, using a weight distribution hitch. It tows well. We especially love the large shower, plentiful storage inside, full sized queen bed with sliding doors to close it off, and that we can still access everything with the slide in. With the slide out, we have no trouble staying in it for weeks at a time; it is visually attractive with its light color scheme and spacious for the two of us. We stay plenty warm even in cold weather, and the AC worked fine in the limited times we used it in hot weather. We had no issues with it in the first year and therefore had no contact with customer support, so I can't rate that, but gave it a 5 since I am forced to rate that. Negatives: After a year my husband's side of the mattress is broken down; all the fabric shades will no longer lift up, and the padding on the dinette benches is no longer firm. All of these things can be remedied with replacements. Overall we are very happy with it and recommend it, especially for couples with a tall person.
- Robin T, California

2020-10-06 2021 Dutchmen Coleman Lantern LT 17B View Listings

Drove 1200 miles in July to get the RV from Camping World in Tyler, Texas. The worst experience started there. Price was different than they said and didn't offer any extras we had to even buy a Jack Plate to unhook. Drove it around for 7 days. Fridge popped open while driving and damaged the floor. Not covered ok we will fix it. As we continue to drive things started to fall apart boards began to come unattached as we quickly realize everything was put together with staples and glue. Again not covered so we spent the next week hammering all of the trailer back together. Parked it for five days then headed off for next trip. Got to our destination and the shower was cracked. Called it in for service at camping world in Mesa, Az who couldn't get it in till September. Finally get it in for service and Keystone won't cover. Argued for a month finally covered half. Two adults two young kids and a dog tight but doable. Add in the fifth or sixth person it says you can do and boy is it like a sardine in a tin can. And it sure does smell like a sardine in the tin can because the AC don't blow halfway through. It's made like crap and their customer service goes right along with their crap product. Save your money save your headache save your time buy something else or don't buy anything at all. The only good thing I have to say about the trailer is it's light and easy to tow but boy does it flex like a gymnast warming up for the olympics.
- Jennifer, Arizona

2020-09-19 2006 Scamp Scamp 16' Deluxe Floor Plan B View Listings

Our 2006 16' Deluxe Scamp trailer was our home away from home for a month at a time as we traveled throughout the southwest from Washington State. We truly enjoyed leaving the dinette down into a bed full time as our model had the side dinette, perfect for two. The wide front shower/toilet was perfect for us and allowed extra storage while underway. We were always answering questions and giving tours of our Scamp from interested people wherever we traveled. Be prepared to be a Scamp ambassador as folks really want to see the inside! We had two problems towing the 16' Scamp: 1) Multiple flat tires, always on the passenger side. 2) Excessive trailer swaying. Each flat was an explosive blowout that soon damaged the fiberglass wheel well. The swaying was diminished when we placed extra weight in the front bathroom. A new sway-bar helped, but it was always a problem especially with freeway speeds. Because of the blowouts we decided to sell the Scamp for this reason alone as we couldn't solve this problem. We believe that a two axel travel trailer would handle the weight better and provide travel security. Unfortunately, Scamp doesn't make a two axel model. Surprisingly, our 16' Scamp held its value and we were delighted not to lose any money selling to a private party. We are currently looking for a similar sized light fiberglass trailer that has two axels as we plan on continuing our travels across the U.S. as soon as possible. BTW, we pulled it with a V6 Jeep Liberty that can tow 5,000 lbs. with no trouble as fully loaded the Scamp weighed around 2,900 lbs. including a Honda generator. With the exception of steep mountain hills, you nearly forgot the Scamp was there! I would give the Scamp 16' Travel Trailer a 4 out of 5 stars as it is lightweight and durable though not of the very highest construction quality. After all, they do try to keep it as light as possible. Our deluxe model included air conditioning, furnace, larger refrigerator, duel propane tanks, side dinette, and the wider front bathroom. It's a fantastic layout for two people but can sleep three!
- Mr. Dean, Washington

2020-09-15 2020 Gulf Stream Conquest 301TB View Listings

Best part of this NEW Conquest is we bought the extended warranty. Now we can take it to a different rv dealer for service. Original selling dealer was..terrible. I like that it is built on the Chevy chassis. There are some nice features but way way too many problems for a brand new motorhome. Needed a new Roof, Numerous leaks in plumbing, Electrical drain(probably the radio unit that GStream knew about and allegedly was fixed) and now a leaking egress window over the bed. I truly thought that Gulf Stream was one of the good manufacturers. First and last Gulf Stream
- bud, Alabama

2020-08-27 2011 Forest River Salem Estates Villa View Listings

Only used a few days out of each of the 8 years that we've owned it, so we don't think it makes sense for us to keep any longer. Never have moved it from its site, so I really don't know much about drivability.
- Norb Poch, Wisconsin

2020-08-24 2018 Keystone Bullet 27BSH View Listings

one of the worst thought out trailers.. 1) Walls were cut to long and buckled. Rv center had to remove cupboards and cut the walls shorter. Though maybe a support a beam was missing and causing the celling to sage so was told not to use it until they could inspect it. So bought in 2019 got to use it one time. In repair from Dec 02 to June 2020 (covid, warrenty work approval, etc took forever!, 2) Gasline on out side grill is so short can not even reach the connecter to the gas line valve. 3) Only 2 plugs only in the main living area. Both up under bottom of tiny cabinets above stove. To use the toaster it hangs in the air!! 4) No Plugs around dining room table, couch etc places where kids, adults can site and work on computer charge phones etc. But there are lights and a light switch in the slide out. So to charge a computer phone run the cable has across the whole camper to the stove... SO convienient. 5) Silverware draw is on the floor under the sink, bottom of the island. ReallY!! could not have been put netx to the stove where god forbid you need a utensile is a hurry!!.... give me a break 6) Bathroom tiny vanity it up at the celling. I am 5.6 and I can not even see my chin in the mirror, never alone kids brush there teeth. 6) Thermostate is right on the walls as you walk into through the tiny hallway... sticks out 2 inches. Everyone catches it on there cloths, I constantly have to remind people to not hit the theromastate. so much for relaxing. 7) Absolutly no sense to how to use it the thermostate. Number jump from 22 degrees to 71,80,90 23,20,24,89, up and down arrows just jump number back and forth... You can eventually find Cool or Heat but temp settings are so messed up big time. No way to set auto if you can not select a temp!!! 8) Plugs in bed and stove areas (oh wait...thats all the plugs) they were not screwed into the wall, they were pulling out befor we even bought the camper. fortunately the dealer fixed them. 10) there are 2 Waste outlets. One for Kitchen sink (dead center under the camper), and one for Bath room near rear. Make sure you buy 2 septic drains (one has to be really long) oh and a "Y" to tie them in together as camp sites dont let you dump gray water on the ground and Only one septic connection 11) Fit and finish trim all cut to long and sagging, bowing. Had to be fixed So here it is August 2020, finally able to use it the 2nd time. Can not give you feed back on the Bathroom as we have not been able to use it. Connected the Water and its leaking out the back and rear tire area where walls were fixed. Still waiting on service to come look and see what broken now.
- Diane Ziegler, Massachusetts

2020-08-22 2019 Keystone Outback 340BH View Listings

I have the 2019 Outback. Model 340BH. This is the worst camper I have ever owned. We have used it three times. We bought it brand new last August. We used it twice last year and once in July this year. Every day we used it the floor seemed to get worse. It felt like we were going to fall right through it. The day we got home we took it back to the dealership we bought it from. They contacted the manufacturer and they said ( long story short ) that it needs to go back to the manufacturer and be rebuilt. The manufacturer called me yesterday and told me the same thing. Cory from there customer service department called me. I told him I don’t want that camper back after they rebuild it. I don’t feel like it has a strong enough structural frame under it. They will only give me another one year warranty on it. I was on month away from my warranty ran out this time. What if it does the same thing just after my new warranty runs out. We paid $ 50,000 dollars for this. The first thing I noticed when hooking it up the trim above the living room slide out was popped out. When we got to the camp ground it rained one night and we had two roof leaks. One above the shower and one above the kitchen island. This is the worst camper I have ever owned. I want my money back
- Mark Albee, Iowa

2020-08-16 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 232RB View Listings

We purchased a 2018 232RB SLX Jayco Jayflight. Our first opinion regarding this travel trailer remains unchanged. The floor plan is a good one. However,the more time you spend in the unit, the defects become more apparent. Such as; part of kitchen counter was not installed straight, screws installed on an angle, trim that was touched up from minor scratches not done by us. This is probably a common repair by many manufactures other than Jayco. Clearance light under outdoor stair installed on a very noticeable angle. Under the unit was not seal entirely. One evening we had a very large rat looking for dinner under our sink. Service issues, there were several that were not handled well by our dealer. Their approach to service was if they ignored you long enough you would go away. We just went to another dealer that was personable & professional. Jayco always answered our questions! What is most baffling, bad dealers do not seem to have to answer to big brother. In the future when it is time to make a new purchase, I think we will leave our Jayco behind & look to at different manufactures. We will ask more questions & take a much closer look !! Happy Caming!!!
- Barney, Ontario

2020-08-16 2021 East to West Bella Terra 250BH View Listings

Just bought after having many rv’s over my 30 years of Rv-Ing. Read the reviews before purchasing And for the $ hands down Best Buy. I’ve never had any brand that hasn’t had an issue. We loved the outdoor kitchen, king bed, powder coated frame and especially the bigger refrigerator that can’t be found within the competitions price point. First trip out had little to no issues but did opt for the dealers sway bar option to be added that helped with minimizing the road vibrations for the trailer that we knew would lead to several issues posted in other reviews.
- Robin, Missouri

2020-08-15 2017 Coachmen Catalina 293RLDS View Listings

We loved the floor plan. We bought it brand new, and after the dealer prepped it and put our weight distribution hitch on we were good to go. From day one it was nothing but problems. Collapsed levers, refrigerator trim falling off, shades that would not stay up, kitchen sink drain leaking, shower valves leaking inside the wall, no heat in the bedroom, gutter rails leaking, awning would not roll in straight, both slide outs gouging into the flooring, trim missing, trim falling off, moodlights on framing falling off, slide out falling out at top while going down the road, A/C freezing up, oven not relighting after getting to temperature. I am sure I am missing something... the dealer did buy it back after only five months.... buyer beware.
- Bill Moon, Florida