Travel Trailer RVs Reviews (24)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Trailer RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

John Ruskovich from California says:

Have you owned any Travel Trailer RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 330RL View Listings

We purchased this trailer in March of 2018. It was in the repair shop 3 times before we even took a short camping trip. Since then it has continually been in repair shops for everything from facial falling off while going down the highway, leaking roof, flashing bubbling, and springs and shackles replaced at 4,800 miles, springs were actually bent. Inverter for TVs put in by dealer never working properly even after 5 trips to repair shop. Bedroom TV has never worked. TV antenna so weak it can not pick up local stations. Replaced Dish network satellite system twice and still does not work. Today we are traveling to Denver by air and plan on selling this lemon at an extreme loss. We contacted Keystone and they were rude and did not care, told me I had a bad attitude. This over a 100,000 dollar investment has been a nightmare and our dream of camping across the USA in our retirement is over. Our extended warranty we purchased on this trailer for 6,800 dollars has not covered ANY of the repairs that has had to be done. Keystone should be liable as well as the dealer who sold us the trailer. Do not deal with SkyRiver RV in Paso Robles, CA since their shop cannot seem to correctly fix anything.
- John Ruskovich , California

2019-11-09 2019 Keystone Springdale 2020QB View Listings

One of the main side windows guide broke. The dealer submitted it two times to Keystone for warranty but they refused both claims. The 2020 QB was brand new. The kitchen sink faucet leaked really bad. Keystone fixed that. The hot water heaters element for electric use had to be replaced. The side molding around the sink is falling off. IMHO Keystone builds horrible trailers. This 2020 QB is a 2019 model.
- ron, Oklahoma

2019-11-06 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 232RB View Listings

Purchased the trailer 2018. This unit fits our needs, however, as you spend more time in the unit, you really see how cheaply & quickly these trailers are thrown together. The taps are of a very low grade material & kitchen faucet had to be replaced. Would not move as designed. I would hope anything that carries or despenses a liquid would be of sound quality. Water pump sounds as if it is ready for lift off, even after we had kink in water line repaired. Module for water heater had to be replaced. On either side of the bed there are two cupboards. Very functional, but also very dangerous. Since the space is limited, the edging should be rounded. I have been hurt on more than one occasion. We understand, materials have to be light & room is limited, but why does quality & workmanship have to be sacrificed? I am at loss to understand how this would be part of a good business plan. At some point, sales will be affected. Parts do fail & this is understandable, but constant visits to service? For us, we will be extremly carefull with our next purchase. The internet can be a very valuable tool. At some point, the manufactures just might get it. Happy Camping!
- Brian, Ontario

2019-10-28 2019 Heartland Wilderness 2775RB View Listings

Purchased our unit Dec. 31, 2018from Maxie Price RV in Loganville, Ga while visiting family. Brought it home to Florida the next day and had nothing but issues. List is way to long to list here but took pics and submitted to seller. I was told I would reimbursed for my time as long as I submitted invoice. I have done so and no response. These units are garbage stay away from them. Even the service centers are garbage they flooded our unit then went out of business. (Not the place of purchase but local certified dealer in fl.) We are still finding problems now a roof leak or water intrusion everytime it rains. Problem after problem from second day of purchase til present and not even a year old. Sorry excuse for a travel trailer. Stay away they are a headache from the get go!!
- Christine Welsh/ Jeff Phillips, Florida

2019-10-27 2017 Forest River Flagstaff 25FKS View Listings

The Flagstaff 25FKS is our first trailer. We were first tent campers , then Hoteliers and wanted a new adventure . We picked this unit and it has worked great !! The stereo quit so we installed an upgraded unit. Have had zero problems and are looking to upgrade to a 26FKSBS model. Going to purchase from same dealer "Apache Camping "
- Patrick Keep, Oregon

2019-10-17 2020 Venture RV SportTrek 271VMB View Listings

We bought a new 2020 Venture SportTrek mostly because we like the floor plan and the tow weight was within the range we were looking. We didn’t cheap out, and had electric jacks installed as well as the rear camera and this seemed to be ok quality. Our first trip out I noticed that the drain plug/plunger in the bathroom would not sit up and allow drainage. I had other warranty work (an awning that you could actually see light through in one spot) and asked the dealer (United RV Fort Worth) to check it out. They did and reported that it was the way it was supposed to be and the rep actually went and looked at another SportTrek on the floor and confirmed it too was the same. Really, a drain plug you have to completely remove from the sink to drain water? I contacted the manufacturer to be told “The stopper is as designed.” When I went to pick up the trailer I looked at three other brands of trailers on the floor to see that they all had the ability for the plug to sit up to allow drainage and I took pics and sent them to the maker to show what should happen. They don’t care. Also when I picked up the trailer the bathroom door was askew and would not close. The rep told me that was because the slide was out and the ground was uneven. Since the dealer returned my trailer to me with a dead battery I had no choice but to bring it home to charge it up before putting it away in storage. Once I leveled it, dropped the jacks and put out the slide, the bathroom door would still not close without force! I tried pulling in the slide and it made no difference. We spent a lot of money on this for our traveling in retirement. If a dealer and manufacturer can’t even make a sink with a functioning drain and think that is “as designed” what kind of quality can I expect down the road? (No pun intended). I am very concerned and I would not have bought this if I knew then what I know now.
- Mark Allison, Texas

2019-10-17 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 29RLS View Listings

This Trailer is our third RV. I can not begin to describe how shoddy the workmanship is. Every water connection leaked. I have had to replace all of them. They still leak under the sink. The settee came apart and had to be repaired. The belly pan came undone and was dragging on the ground as we were driving down the interstate. The overhead cabinet doors have come loose. The bottoms of the cloths closets have totally come loose. the main burner on the stove has come off and I had to re-seat it with JB weld. The trim around the windows have come loose. Perhaps if one traveled with a technician or camped at a dealership... but in the real world NEVER AGAIN!
- John Cyr, Missouri

2019-10-15 2016 Shasta Oasis SST26RL View Listings

We bought a new 2017 Oasis 75th Anniversary Model in Okeechobee, Florida 33 months ago. There must must have been Labor problems when the trailer was assembled. The GFI was wired incorrectly,the tank gauge was wired backwards between fresh and black. The hitch mechanism was distorted, there was no outlet fitting on the dump valve. The spare tire was a different size from the four on the ground. The employ who did the walk-through repeatedly emphasized that is what you can expect when you buy cheap stuff. Management made themselves uncommunicative. I fixed what I could, but still have a problem with the tank gauge reading incorrectly.
- T Schultz, Florida

2019-10-01 2017 Heartland Bighorn 32RS View Listings

We bought this RV in Quartszite AZ in January 2017. It rained the week after we got it and all the windows leaked and light in kitchen started coming off ceiling. The 55" tv had to also be replaced during the first 6 months. (Warranty repaired/replaced all.). Carpet started to roll in bedroom and AC thermostat wouldn't shut off. We took in to check this out and service department found that the screws were all coming out of the slide roofs, and eventually would be letting water in and then the roofs would warp, and no telling what other damage could happen. we had no idea this was even happening. It was a good thing that we were having our annual maintenance done and they found this. I contacted heartland factory (since our extended warranty would not cover structural damage. I sent them pictures upon the request of Adam and no one has gotten back to me with a reply. I have contacted them asking for a response and have gotten none. Firstly, be a great idea for all heartland owners to check their screws in the slides. (Factory installed too little of screws to hold the slide roofs on); Secondly, be sure you know structural damage isn't covered (as multiple other items aren't either) on your extended warranty. The $5,000 to repair after only 2 years and not much use is not acceptable. Very disappointed in factory for not following thru. Will post again after we get it back. If you have a heartland big Horn..Please check the roof screws on your slide outs. Report them if they are coming out... Hopefully they will do a ReCALL on this if anyone else is having this issue.
- Pati Ogletree, Arizona

2019-09-23 2018 KZ Sportsmen LE 260BHLE View Listings

Brand new Sportsman 260BHLE built with cheap components that fail. First camping trip the refrigerator failed. Second camping trip the a/c failed. Still waiting for the dealer to fix it. They said they are waiting for KZ to send parts.
- Will Johnson, Mississippi

2019-09-19 2019 Winnebago Winnie 2455BHS View Listings

Purchased in August 2018. Camped in Florida a few times. No problems. Let on June 23rd of 2019 for a 4 month trip to Maine. 2nd stop revealed metal bracket holding sewer line cracked and pipe bouncing freely under tracer. Also the handle from gray water ush was missing. On first use of outside kitchen found handles to stove non functional. Called customer service and it was a fiasco. Too long and ridiculous to repeat. Then on way home stopped in New Hampshire and found air conditioner non functional. Called dealer and it is a known problem with Dometic rooftop units. Just had to shell out $168.35 to a mobile repair and purchase a portable air conditioner as a backup to keep the pets from overheating. Winnebago blew me off. Useless. Dealer was very helpful but were 1000 miles away. My suggestion is buy used and use the money you save to make repairs.
- Dan Adams, Florida

2019-09-12 2018 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 281RLDS View Listings

We really enjoy this RV. With the large slide out, we find lots of windows giving us the feeling of being outside. The sofa bed is comfortable and opens easily without moving the tow lounge chairs in the back. The large table has seating for 6 and as a bed, fits our over 6 ft. tall SIL. We love the roominess. We have had many RVs and this one is definitely our best. I did get a different sway bar system that works well and the unit tows well with my 2016 Yukon. Outside washes well and shines up easily. Absolutely no complaints so far other than the Coleman pull out grill that has no burner on it. It is only a grill. Also, we find the bed hard to make in the morning but devised a method that works for us. We’ve camped in it 29 days so far and loved every minute. Camper is a quality built RV.
- Rich Stackhouse, Pennsylvania

2019-09-11 2018 KZ Connect C303RL View Listings

Bought in 2018 after looking at several similar models. Love the layout. Warranty on awning was fast and replaced arm. Dealer came to me for repairs. Have been living in unit over a year in nice resort close to Dallas and work. Learned more from service guy than salesman. Not sure skylights are worth it here in Texas due to heat. Would get a ladder in back for roof access. And not sure I would trade the fireplace for storage under tv or not. Four season was comfortable in winter for flooring. Would suggest to manufacturers to extend awning for entire length of trailer and possibly for both sides. Love the two AC units for this trailer. Need to shop around for reflective window covers - bought mine and fitted them out personally. Not crazy about two separate types of wall coverings but would change easily enough with contact paper to personalize to my taste. The full size queen mattress is a plus for accessories. Tons of storage in this model also. Would be nice if storage bins were included. A few are for bedroom. Since living in a resort, I have not used stove much , oven and shower never used. A big plus- water heater is either propane or electric. Fridge is very reactive to heat if sun is on that side, but does fine. It does have outside shower and entertainment access for tv under awning.
- Jenny, Texas

2019-09-09 2014 Skyline Koala 26QI View Listings

Just bought this used, We are having an electric issue with the outlet by the sink, outside outlet, air conditioner and furnace, and there was no thermostat when we bought it. Have tried 3 different ones, Still can not get it going. No power coming into the outlet by the sink. bathroom outlet by that door fine. A Wire diagram would help if I could fine one. HELP
- Tammy, Maine

2019-09-04 2017 KZ Connect 231BH View Listings

This has been an all around great RV for the size. With 2 adults and 1 child we have been comfortable and able to use all the features this unit has. The bunks are suitable for bringing a friend and and they have their own area. The storage is also a huge plus with the large rear compartment. If you are looking for a compact travel trailers this is a great surprise with durable quality.
- J Bean, Arizona

2019-09-01 2011 Pacific Coachworks Tango 224RB View Listings

Have owned for 5 years. Have been to the coast of Washington and to Yellowstone. Otherwise stored inside my shop. Had to replace the batteries and power converter recently (8 years not bad) Otherwise a great trailer. Lots of standard features: to many to list....google for specs. Tows well with a weight dist. hitch behind my Toyota Tundra.
- Tom Dawson, Washington

2019-08-31 3018 Crossroads Volante 33DB View Listings

A selling point was that it was built by omish. I always thought they had great building techniques until they got into this industry. The craftsmanship is horrible the dealer warranty is even worse. I spent my hard earn money on this and I’ve got a box of crap on wheels
- Billy, Texas

2019-08-31 2018 KZ Escape E181RB View Listings

Sorry, sorry, sorry. Bought new in June 2018. Getting ready to leave on our first trip out and discovered the bed was wet. Yep, a leak around the front window. Of course the dealer couldn’t get it fixed before we left. We had reservations and made arrangements to be gone so we dealt with it until we got back. Had to tarp the camper when parked. The CO2/has detector constantly went off. Took it back to the dealer. They had it 6 weeks - 2 months. They replaced the plywood on the bed (had to insist) and said they were waiting on a new mattress (had to insist on them getting a new mattress since ours had been wet. Next trip out the sink drain broke and flooded the floor. Here we are again tonight using my hair dryer to dry out the bed. Yep, leaked again. I will never purchase a KZ again and will advise anyone looking to look elsewhere. Oh and btw we I contacted the company, I never got a reply. I do like the floor plan but that’s it.
- Brenda, Arkansas

2019-08-28 2019 Coleman Lantern LT 17RD View Listings

I bought in April in Albuquerque NM and knew going in the would be issues that needed to be adjust by the dealership. That started before accepting the RV. A few minor issues were noted. Than came driving off the lot. Awing locked up the first week, now under entry door and detailing bubbling and starting to separate from the siding. Than it takes over a month for warranty approval, shipping of parts, and to get back to the dealership 500 miles round trip, a total of 3 times. End result - They shifted the bow under the door to the right, drug the new replacement awning arm across the concrete work floor damaging it, slipped with the caulk gun causing 3 dents in the siding, and removed detailing on the front of the rv where the sun had heated the siding up (on first warranty visit it was indicated that the remainder of the detailing was doing the same thing). Found out that the detailing was applied with heat, no glue/adhesive was used to adhere it). I live in the SW and it does get warm, so if heat adheres it than heat will remove it. NOW MY new RV is sitting in Texas waiting repairs. In 4 months of having this unit the only time I have been able to hit the road and semi use it was the two trips back to Albuquerque attempting to get issues corrected. Who knows if the unit will be available and finished for the weekender planned and than the trip trip to medical appointments starting the middle of September. I do love the interior layout except insufficient closed clothes storage in sleeping area, location of the AC unit (does not sufficiently cool down seating area) bedroom window not being a functional window. When a product is made to be distributed nation wide more thought should be put into climate issues across the country.
- Joanne Bryan, New Mexico

2019-08-24 2018 Heartland Mallard M32 View Listings

Bought our M32 used at only a year old and so far we love it. Kids love the bunk room and the tiny shower. Lol. They’re just used to a residential shower at home. This is our first TT and had to learn a few lessons the hard way, but overall we’re pretty happy. First thing we did was get rid of the crappy China made tires that seem to be the common theme with everyone who has blowout issues. Got some USA made tires and haven’t had an issue; pulls great with an 02 Ford F-250 7.3L Powerstroke. Also had to change the crappy mattress in the master. My back is still recovering from a couple of nights on that factory mattress. Would be nice too if all connections were on the same side of the coach; fresh fill and black water flush on right, city connect at the rear, and black gray discharge and electrical on left. As aforementioned, we’re overall pretty happy. It looks great, pulls great, and doesn’t leak anywhere. Kids are having a blast and that’s why we bought it.
- Jonathan Fish, Florida

2019-08-20 2018 KZ Sportsmen 231BLHE View Listings

I would tell anybody to never ever purchase a KZ camper. My first camper was a Dutchmen and I thought there could never be a worse camper !! I was wrong !! KZ is the worst possible camper you can purchase. We have a 2018 KZ 231 BLHE. At 14 months old, and we only used it 4 times, the outside kitchen sink drain came apart and soaked everything causing $1800.00 damage. KZ would not back the damage and said the warranty expired at 12 months!! Don't EVER buy a KZ product !!! I'm not the only one to have this problem I recently found out !!!!
- John Phillips, Pennsylvania

2019-08-20 2012 Outdoors RV Creek Side 23RKS View Listings

Very happy with my ORV 23RKS! The build quality, design, strength and durability is top notch. Having owned it for over 4 years, it would be hard to even consider anything other than a Northwoods MFG/ORV product! It’s a heavy unit for the size (which should tell you something), coming in at 8500lbs loaded and the tongue weight north of 1500lbs. Comes with 5,200lb dexter axles and Goodyear tires - and with the northwood-built heavy frame...this thing tows and tracks superb! Basically 3/4 ton territory only (my tv is a duramax, and it breaks a sweat in the hills). I truly believe these trailers are built above and beyond anything else comparable, and this really shows in the small details you don’t think of. My unit is 7 years old and the fiberglass and decals show zero signs of fading or cracking, meaning they use higher quality stuff. I haul kayaks on a custom roof rack lag bolted to the roof, no issues! I have a rear hitch and bike rack on the sturdy bumper. I looked under a brand new Jayco Eagle the other day...the underbelly wasn’t nearly as tidy and cold weather designed and finished as mine. Plus, this trailer has large tanks, and lots of them! Factory solar panel and dual batteries is great for off grid. I also installed two remote control maxxfan units and a BAL undermount spare tire. But the true testament is the unbelievably rough back roads I’ve taken my unit down...all without issues. The interior cabinets are strong and well built, never an issue with anything! A lightweight trailer would have fallen apart on me long ago. If you truly want a well made camper that will last (which seems to be rare nowadays), buy an ORV or Northwood unit and have confidence knowing you bought the best.
- John, Saskatchewan

2019-08-19 2019 CrossRoads Sunset Trail 253RB View Listings

After several outings in my Sunset Trail and approx 1,000 miles, I can say that my overall opinion of my new camper is less than exemplary. I find that the need to save weight has resulted in very poor interior construction. First time I used the dinette for a bed for my grandson the table lowered and screws pulled out of the cheep and thin Masonite table. The ceiling wood trim has come er in for loose in several locations. Wall coverings are coming unglued. The fold out steps rubbed and damaged the screen door and need to be fixed. The dealership is terrible even though I purchased a very pricey extended warranty. Could not get appointment for a month and could take two weeks in the shop. Would not recommend to anyone I liked. What next?
- Bill, Colorado

2019-08-17 2018 Forest River R-Pod RP-177 View Listings

Upon pick up in Sept. 17 a number of items were not done properly, all small in nature. When coming back in April 2018 with the final towing vehicle for installation of the brake controller, I was charged another $ 200.00 because the intended controller did not fit my vehicle. I have e-mails proving they were aware of the make and type of the towing vehicle since Aug. 2017 Cover plate of the stereo was loose Exterior lock did not work. Drawer not properly fitted, so it opened when driving Numerous pieces of trim too short, off color etc. Left front bench improperly placed. Caused the covering sheet of plywood to fall through when someone sat on it. Refused to install missing spice rack, in spite of clear documentation and photos showing it. Windows extremely hard to slide from the closed position. Handle of one of the drain pipe gates broke in two pieces Cover plate for the sewer storage tube broken. Hotwatertank sprung a leak in our absence, flooding the rear of the unit and blowing the control system. Battery either does not hold any power or there is a severe electrical leak in the system draining the battery in less than 12 hours. Right front window’s valance is coming off Slide out quit working. No instructions as to how to move the slide out by hand. Mattress is collapsing on both sides. As of Aug. 17, 2019: Total time spent in the unit since purchase: 40 days. Total kms on the road since purchase: 4800 kms.
- G. Van Apeldoorn, Alberta