Travel Lite Truck Camper Reviews on RV Insider (13)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Lite Truck Camper RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Don Gill from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2011 Travel Lite Travel Lite 890sx View Listings

This is our second slide on Travel Lite truck camper. The camper is mounted to our Ford F-250. We have a full queen bed w 8" memory foam mattress, 4cub. 3 way fridge, and a jack/knife sofa dinette combination. We opted not to get the shower in this unit since we never used them in our previous rigs. Since my truck is an extended cab we have plenty of storage which allows us to carry an inflatable kayak. We absolutely love the unit. The ease of maneuverability and go anywhere a pick up truck can go is a really anxiety reliever. Fully loaded my mileage varies from 10.5 to 11.5. We have been twice for 30 days at a time and fully enjoy the camper.
- Don Gill, New York

2020-06-19 2018 Travel Lite Extended Stay 840SBRX View Listings

I used to sell the Travel Lite Truck campers. Unfortunately the Travel Lite truck campers are built quite shoddily. We have had several campers delivered to us recently that we had to send back due to poor workmanship. Years ago, they were pretty nice, but now, with front end profit being the primary driver, the Travel Lite Truck campers lack in quality, value, and attention to detail. So SAD! - Mike Prosser
- Mike Prosser, Wisconsin

2019-10-19 2018 Travel Lite Extended Stay 840SBRX View Listings

We wanted a light weight self contained cab over for a short bed f-350 to fit our long bed f-350 with an in bed fuel tank. The travel lite was the just the ticket. Clicket Rv made it happen in May 2019. We love it and have made 2500 miles with it from east Washington to West, from Idaho to Central Wyoming and return to East Washington. Had to have repair work from new bee mistakes. From two different incidents I almost have a new 2019. My wife is on O2 and her air machine fit perfect by the sink counter. I like the extra storage space between the camper and cab on top the toolbox fuel tank. For us the 840SBRX fits our lifestyle (retired and free to go where we can when we can) in comfort. I just wish there was a customer service for advice on upgrades like how to's for the DIY owners. Customer service @ Travel lite is supper efficient returning correspondence and assisting owners obtain replacement parts in a courteous friendly manner. It is like they really appreciate you and welcome you to their family. My problems were met with genuine concern and positive solutions. Happy camper Dan and Benjie Thomas
- Daniel Thomas, Washington

2019-10-04 2020 Travel Lite Rayzr FB View Listings

I love this RV Truck camper, travels well, nice and comfortable, selling for health reason, other wise I love it. lots of storage. good size. light weight easy to load and make a nice spare bedroom when co. comes for a visit. (when off truck).
- karen Taylor, Wisconsin

2019-09-16 2014 Travel Lite Ultra 1000SLRX View Listings

VERY COMFORTABLE UNIT. HAS EVERYTHING NEEDED TO ENJOY TRAVELING AND CAMPING. PLUG INTO ELECTRICAL FOR FULL AC OR DRY CAMP AND USE BUILT IN GENERATOR WHEN NEEDED. HOT WATER HEATER RUNS ON GAS OR ELECTRICAL...NICE WHEN WASHING DISHES OR SHOWERING.
- Steve, Oregon

2019-08-01 2017 Travel Lite Travel Lite 625SL View Listings

Poor quality control, shady dealers. Numerous repairs - outside Front skin under bed separated on first trip - needed to return to dealer for repair. Tie down eye-bolts pulled through due to water damage - warranty repair here in GA was done well but dealer sabotaged city water inlet check valve by using cone washer to jam closed. Most recent trip July - Front skin under bed separated again - not as bad as first time but still an issue. Had to re-caulk top & side seams, silicon just didn't hold. Outside door assist handle cracked. Have pictures of all.
- James Fulvi, Georgia

2018-12-11 2016 Travel Lite Travel Lite 800SBX View Listings

I bought an 800sbx truck camper in 2016. It is nice but poorly made. It was a custom order and I wish I sent it back. Screws throughout the camper were put in crooked. 2 years later with only 4 outings and the front corner of the overhang is rotten! No support from travel lite except to call back with a credit card and they will sell me panelling to fix it. Stay away and buy a good camper brand.
- Rick, British Columbia

2017-12-23 2017 Travel Lite Rayzr FB View Listings

Bought the FB after a lot of investigation into what to get, main selling points are its cheap, and light wt. Not having the large cabover is ok, The bed is more than big enough. Mine has A/C, Fridge,stove, radio, sink. No toilet but no biggie. Very well insulated, and quiet. Love the FB and camp in it a lot. Has all the amenities of a full size minus the bathroom.
- Russ, Virginia

2017-06-26 2011 Travel Lite Travel Lite 1000SLRX View Listings

I purchased this truck camper to augment my 5th wheel RV for short trips. I use the same truck to tow my 5th wheel and use the slide in truck camper. This worked great. However, due to the height of the truck bed, climbing in and out of the truck camper is less convenient, especially for my wife and dog. We ended up not using it as frequently as I thought. I used it more as a bachelor pad for individual trips. For this purpose it worked great. It functions perfect. I recommend it for individual use, or by young mobile couples.
- Paul Kosieracki, Florida

2016-12-15 2015 Travel Lite Rayzr SS View Listings

Other than some sloppy caulking work my primary issue is customer service and warranty issues. I have a camper pre-wired for AC but the company will not tell me where the wire terminates and I think it is because they don't know and it was an error in the mfg process. It could be a hazard if this wire was not terminated properly. I asked for no $ just advise in locating the end of the wire. Check out negative reviews on BBB and their own Facebook page. FYI..most folks with RV issues don't report.
- Calvin Ruby, North Carolina

2015-02-06 2011 Travel Lite Travel Lite 890RX View Listings

- Don Gill, New York

2014-12-29 2011 Travel Lite Travel Lite 890RX View Listings

This is a hard sided truck camper. We upgraded from a pop up truck camper and installed an 8" memory foam mattress. My wife and I really enjoy being able to go anywhere with this setup especially with four wheel drive. It has all the comforts of a larger RV but is much more versatile.
- Don G, New York