Travel Lite Reviews on RV Insider (46)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Travel Lite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

John from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Travel Lite Falcon F-24BH View Listings

The look and layout of the camper is nice. The quality is terrible. The passenger side fender FELL OFF and trashed the tires the third time we used our travel trailer! And eight weeks later, nothing has happened to resolve the issue. And as some of you may know, many states have laws against fenderless vehicles. Since we have purchased the Falcon 24BH from the dealer, we have had the following occur: --Awning mount came off of trailer upon first use --Flooring started to bubble up --Inside door trim constantly falls off --Passenger side fender fell off while driving down the interstate. Caused tire damage and travel delays. --Kitchen backsplash peels off --Wall paper peels off --Gaps in external caulking --Rear leveling jacks were secured to the bumper with screws that go through the bumper preventing storage of sewer hose
- John, Colorado

2021-02-27 2021 Travel Lite Super Lite 770RSL View Listings

I am interested in this truck camper. I have an F150 Long bed. Will it fit in my truck. If so I am offering you 22,000 cash. Live in Las Vegas. That’s because there’s so many other added charges . My name is Jim please call me at 702-575-4966
- James Raftery, Nevada

2021-01-26 2020 Travel Lite Evoke Model C View Listings

DO NOT BUY from this company. Evoke Model C- Bought this used, dealership did not inform me that the prev owner traded it in due to mult problems with water leaks (I tracked the former owner down). First time out with unit the door fell apart (I'm not exaggerating, it literally came apart) and we could not shut the door. The outdoor kitchen is useless, first time we put a pot on it, the whole grill and knobs melted. Looking at it from behind (didn't notice this on the lot), the whole unit is crooked on the chasis. Most recently the inner shower door fell off (again, not exaggerating, it literally fell off and shattered all over the bathroom), the door is properly latched. It's a waste of time trying to talk to a live person at Travel Lite. They take no responsibility for what is a beautiful but poorly constructed product. I cannot even imagine what's going to go wrong with this thing next.
- meganmunn, Oklahoma

2021-01-06 2020 Travel Lite Rayzr FB View Listings

I bought a new truck camper from highway 34 RV in November 2020, paying $14,368. I have numerous issues and the dealer and company are both worthless. Ryan, CEO of travel lite called me a dick and hung up on me when I confronted him about the language. Jamie the CFO lied about Ryan's behavior. This company is a joke.
- Jon Hopkins, Pennsylvania

2020-12-30 2018 Travel Lite Falcon F-24BH View Listings

No quality in installation of Accessories, Sealing Water Leaks poor drainage Toilet valves and Kitchen Sink Valve cheap plastic 300S toilet is an issue no make anymore spare tire 4 Sizes Smaller. Walls Bubbles and Sweat. Finishing wallpaper trim pealing. Leaks water from roof down in our radio and water lesks under our mattress. Tarp over our entire camper. No help from camping world. All of this still going on. Fix one area leaks someplace else
- Nathan Sefton, Arkansas

2020-12-01 2021 Travel Lite Travel Lite 800X View Listings

Beautifully appointed inside and out. Light enough to carry on my Ram 1500 short bed. Three cheers for the folks at the factory in Indiana who did a structural repair that was due to the camper not being mounted quite right on my truck. They didn’t have time, but squeezed me in anyway and went the extra mile with the repair. They’re kind, friendly folk out there!
- Bob, Colorado

2020-10-30 2020 Travel Lite Evoke Model L View Listings

Dented fender...1 year later still not received parts to replace. Flooring caving in in rear near furnace. Flooring easily rips. Wall in bedroom came completely open on first trip out. Slide out will not come in or out. Had to have counters replaced and the wall covering in the kitchen peeled off. 100% disappointed in the very low quality of workmanship and zero support in warranty work. Getting a lawyer is the next step. 1 year and Ive received 2 parts that were in worse shape than what they were to replace. Manufacturer will not return ANY calls to me or the dealership. BUYER BEWARE. If you have extra money to throw away then this junk is for you!
- Shelley Gregory, Idaho

2020-10-22 2020 Travel Lite Evoke L View Listings

If I could give this RV a zero in most categories I would. The floor plan is the only thing great about it. I had the misfortune of buying into Travel Lite's old reputation but ding the Evoke to be the worst made RV I have ever owned (and possibly been in). When we first got it home and showered for the first time water leaked all over the floor because it wasn't sealed correctly. The smart awning wasn't very smart The first time it closed it rolled up crooked and had to be adjusted by the dealer to get it to close correctly (this is an ongoing issue). It took over 6 weeks to get the spare tire that was promised on the day of purchase. We are still waiting 4 months later to have The damaged J-roll replaced (another warranty issue from date of purchase). The central heat wasn't hooked up correctly and had to be repaired by the dealer. The slide out in ours was pulling the walks with it when in use. It leaked so bad at the top of the slide out that it was pouring into the dining area. My husband and I live in it full-time so it was extremely inconvenient when it had to be sent back to the manufacturer to be rebuilt. When shipped back to Colorado from the manufacturer damage to the J-roll, tires and rims occurred. The manufacturer is supposed to come to us to repair that next week. When we got it back home we noticed that not only was the above mentioned damage done but the spare tire was also damaged. It apparently was dragging on the ground for some time that it is now square. If I knew when I bought this RV that I do now I would have run away as fast as I could.
- Bethany Schoneck, Colorado

2020-08-18 2019 Travel Lite Falcon F-23TH View Listings

Our camper is the 2017 model. The trailer is nicely laid out for two adults, three is squeezing it. It tows well with our 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe using the weight distribution hitch we had installed at the time of purchase. We dry camp most of the time at state campgrounds and have never used the on board systems. The back door/ramp is very handy to help keep the camper cool and the air clear when using the cook top inside. I took a pair of those cheap "As Seen on TV" walk through screen doors and stuck them together wide enough to cover the entire rear opening to help keep the bugs out. The screen is attached to the frame with self adhesive hook & loop tape I found on Ebay. Fit and finish is really basic but adequate. I replaced the included mattress with a 9 inch innerspring model which is much more comfortable. We use a Luggable Loo for liquids only that I empty every day and I'm installing a C-Head composting toilet for use next year. For food storage we use a large Igloo wheeled cooler with block ice that I drain by pointing the open drain valve at the rear door to empty it. There are 12 LED light fixtures on the interior of an under 23 foot camper. The most important change I would make is to change the roofing system used on the toy hauler. I did not know it at the time of purchase that the roof looks like a 300 pounder was using the roof to jump rope on. The AC is sagging and there is a large dent in the roof just above the back door that looks like it happened before the trailer left the factory. After a heavy rain storm last week we had water come into the trailer wetting the rear 3 feet of the ceiling. The windows at each end of the Queen bed need to be higher as we have pushed out the screen part of the window at the foot of the bed out with our feet while sleeping. There are 2 skylights at the forward end but none at the rear where it it can get pretty dark necessitating the use of a a headlamp or the overhead lights. The main entrance door really needs a window.
- kpinvt, Vermont

2020-08-12 2018 Travel Lite Falcon F-24BH View Listings

Our 2018 F24BH has had some issues with manufacture, standard equipment failure and camping world no help.. Awning support hardware failure, trim exterior and interior ineffective. I need advice from tech support on fix and repair. Call us 5017721098.
- Nathan Sefton , Arkansas

2020-07-26 2021 Travel Lite Peak 9 770 View Listings

ok just bought a truck camper 2021 travel lite 770 peak 9.love it new light interior white with neat red lighting .nice fiberglass front nose front end and sides .new sharp grey color .with microwave ,ac,electric jacks,shower love it .very sharp light weight travel lite did some restructuring and doing a great job check.out there new hot looking line up.
- Terrylerch, Pennsylvania

2020-07-16 2020 Travel Lite Evoke L View Listings

Cut every single corner they could in building these. They have a great look to them, but do NOT purchase because these campers have been half-assed to the max. I was a first time buyer and did not look into them like I should have.
- Jack J, Texas

2020-06-19 2018 Travel Lite Extended Stay 840SBRX View Listings

I used to sell the Travel Lite Truck campers. Unfortunately the Travel Lite truck campers are built quite shoddily. We have had several campers delivered to us recently that we had to send back due to poor workmanship. Years ago, they were pretty nice, but now, with front end profit being the primary driver, the Travel Lite Truck campers lack in quality, value, and attention to detail. So SAD! - Mike Prosser
- Mike Prosser, Wisconsin

2020-06-10 2020 Travel Lite Evoke L View Listings

I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL RV'S AND THIS ONE IS THE WORST. SHOWER, TOILET LEAKED . TOOK BACK TO CAMPING WORLD WHERE THEY SAID IT WAS FIXED 3 DIFFERENT TIMES. FINALLY WE REPLACED THE TOILET AND WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF REPAIRING THE SHOWER OUR SELF. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY DO NOT PURCHASE THESE UNITS. THEY ARE JUNK.
- ANITA M. GARY, Texas

2020-05-17 2020 Travel Lite Evoke L View Listings

First time RV buyer, ever since I hooked up to this thing it’s been nothing but a problem. Day 1 tongue on hitch froze up, completely. I couldn’t even do it manually. Week 2 horrible mildew smell coming from bedroom AC. I took a look and come to find out the out a unit and filter from 2015! Pay all this money for stuff from 2015? Then my furnace starts making the most horrible sound. Worked on that and the motor wasn’t secured properly. 2 weeks ago I noticed my under belly was sagging and what do you know both sinks, shower and toilet have been leaking for the past 3 months! I probably have black lung now! Stay away! They have be able to get away with scamming us for way to long. I’m taking action!
- Justin McBee, Texas

2020-04-22 2020 Travel Lite Evoke Model B View Listings

We bought this RV in April 2019 it went back to them Because we had a water leak They forgot to close the valve then we took it camping in June went camping for two weeks had no pressure of water could not get the air conditioner to work and I can go on and on about other stuff I would not recommend this RV to anyone we took it back in in October 2019 have Not since it’s April 2020 still have no answers Keep calling them and they give me no answers very unhappy We are still waiting on warranty work
- Kristy Bonney , Colorado

2020-02-19 2019 Travel Lite Falcon F-24BH View Listings

Pulls like a dream! Lightweight, everything you need and more! Great storage capacity. Off the grid, no problem. Wonderful ground clearance, you can take off the pavement and find a hideaway! This travel trailer is a head turner everywhere we go!
- Matt j, Tennessee

2019-11-16 2019 Travel Lite Falcon F-23TH View Listings

We wanted a small lite toy hauler, and the falcon fit the bill. We bought new and have owned for a year now. Have had no major problems other than power Jack was not grounding good with a bike rack installed on it, was easy fix, done myself! Have done some mods to it like making a folding ramp to existing garage door to make loading motorcycle easier! So far so good, we are enjoying it very much!
- William Montgomery , Kentucky

2019-10-19 2018 Travel Lite Extended Stay 840SBRX View Listings

We wanted a light weight self contained cab over for a short bed f-350 to fit our long bed f-350 with an in bed fuel tank. The travel lite was the just the ticket. Clicket Rv made it happen in May 2019. We love it and have made 2500 miles with it from east Washington to West, from Idaho to Central Wyoming and return to East Washington. Had to have repair work from new bee mistakes. From two different incidents I almost have a new 2019. My wife is on O2 and her air machine fit perfect by the sink counter. I like the extra storage space between the camper and cab on top the toolbox fuel tank. For us the 840SBRX fits our lifestyle (retired and free to go where we can when we can) in comfort. I just wish there was a customer service for advice on upgrades like how to's for the DIY owners. Customer service @ Travel lite is supper efficient returning correspondence and assisting owners obtain replacement parts in a courteous friendly manner. It is like they really appreciate you and welcome you to their family. My problems were met with genuine concern and positive solutions. Happy camper Dan and Benjie Thomas
- Daniel Thomas, Washington

2019-10-07 2020 Travel Lite Evoke Model B View Listings

DO stay away from this company. It no longer has the staff to support your product if you choose to purchase, or have purchased a trailer/truck camper from them. All competent employees were laid off and you will likely have no luck getting in contact with anyone worth talking to. Do not trust the owner or his sales guy as they are a key component of what's wrong with the company...And quite frankly, they don't care about the customer...Only care about themselves. Trust me, I've seen it first hand. Just do some digging online and you could find out what I mean. Good luck if you've purchased a Travel Lite and stay away if you're thinking about purchasing one.
- Anon Imus, Indiana

2019-10-06 2020 Travel Lite Evoke Model B View Listings

Loving my EVOKE B! Also loved my Salesman Shannon who helped us narrow down our search for the perfect RV. Not so pleased with the customer service we are getting at our Houston Dealership. Pick up, repairs, and service have been a nightmare. We just took the rv in last week to see why the Electric Hot Water Heater is not working. Well.....it's missing. Does not have electric. However we were trained at our time of delivery on how to operate the electric Hot water Heater. Is this a common problem or just our Evoke B is missing the Electric Hot water Heater???
- Mairann, Texas

2019-10-04 2020 Travel Lite Rayzr FB View Listings

I love this RV Truck camper, travels well, nice and comfortable, selling for health reason, other wise I love it. lots of storage. good size. light weight easy to load and make a nice spare bedroom when co. comes for a visit. (when off truck).
- karen Taylor, Wisconsin

2019-09-16 2014 Travel Lite Ultra 1000SLRX View Listings

VERY COMFORTABLE UNIT. HAS EVERYTHING NEEDED TO ENJOY TRAVELING AND CAMPING. PLUG INTO ELECTRICAL FOR FULL AC OR DRY CAMP AND USE BUILT IN GENERATOR WHEN NEEDED. HOT WATER HEATER RUNS ON GAS OR ELECTRICAL...NICE WHEN WASHING DISHES OR SHOWERING.
- Steve, Oregon

2019-09-16 2020 Travel Lite Evoke Model C View Listings

On Memorial Day weekend we took delivery of our Evoke model "C". The delivery was an absolute disaster. The dealer knew Nothing about the unit. It was filthy inside and out,they didn't even wash it after it was delivered. It didn't have the Fantastic fan we ordered and the salesman was so busy with other customers he couldn't be bothered to help us out. We took the trailer and left. We drove over 2 hours to take delivery or I would have left it there. We got it home,cleaned it up and left for Florida. Trailer trails great. From Florida to Austin Tx and no problems to speak of. Bed was unbelievably comfortable for a travel trailer and the bathroom in the model C is beyond compare. In Tx had to tighten the sink drain in the bathroom (no problem). I only have one complaint and that is there is no way to turn off the refrigerator once you connect to power. We have done a couple trips to the Jersey shore and Maryland and no problems. The floor is indestructible,but not as easy to clean as the manufacturer makes it out to be. We have had very good luck with it so far. I personally never thought I would use the sink in the bedroom but it really is convenient.I have also heard people say there is not enough storage. We have gone out for three weeks in a row and believe me,plenty of room.
- jack Helveston, Pennsylvania

2019-09-03 2020 Travel Lite Falcon 23TH View Listings

Every time we go camping everyone comes over because it’s The best looking camper we’v never had any trouble at all I think from talking to other campers the 2020 are much improved over 2018 model 5 stars for us we love it!!
- Michael Johnson, Kentucky