Tow Behind Vehicles RVs Reviews (60)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Tow Behind Vehicles RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Marshall Drake from Ohio says:

Have you owned any Tow Behind Vehicles RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Lance Lance 2185 View Listings

We looked at a number of travel trailers and picked the Lance 2185 because it was a all season trailer. We purchased it, and pulled it to Colorado in October of 2015. While in CO our Jeep had mechanical issues and needed to be towed to a dealer. When we purchased the trailer we were told it came with Lance road side support. When I called for assistance I was informed that our trailer was actually a 2014 and did not have road side support. When I asked if it was illegal to sell a 2014 as a 2015 I was informed that "technically" it was a 2015, but since it was build in 2014 the road side assistance did not apply. Almost immediately the bottom of the slide started to come apart with each use. The dealer told me that Lance had nationwide dealer support for warranty, but when I called, I was informed that they don't work on other dealers problems. When I asked if they had an agreement with Lance to do warranty work I was told "you're right, bring it in and we will get to it in about 5 months". Lance customer support did mail me the parts I need to make the repairs myself. The trailer is a decent piece of equipment, but the dealer network would be a joke if the trailers didn't cost so much. We are in the process of trading it in now on a travel trailer with an honest, dependable dealer network.
- Marshall Drake, Ohio

2019-09-29 1991 Palomino Filly Filly View Listings

Back in 1992 purchased a brand new Palomino Filly pop up camper. Enjoyed for 6 years with the kids and family. We took very good care of this thing. After our last trip in 1998 we dried it out before closing it like we always do. In 2000 when I went to open it the whole canvas had disintegrated from mold. Water had some how gotten into this poorly manufactured garbage of a camper. After ripping out the useless canvas discovered all the wood in the rear left side floor to the upper shell had rotted away to a soft sponge. My thought was in two years of being closed it couldn't have rotted as bad as it did, but it did. Some how water had leaked or wicked from around the shell or possibly the poorly installed molding that surrounds all the seams of the aluminum covering. Since 2000 kept the camper in the garage hoping to repair it some day. Whined the clock forward to September 2019, decided to take the old camper out of storage to convert into a utility trailer. I went to YouTube to get an idea how various people were converting their camper trailers to a utility trailer? My first two videos, guess which camper people were converting because of water leak and rotted wood issues, yep, you guessed it right, a Palomino product. Looks like I wasn't the only unfortunate soul to experience Palomino Camper Water Rot Syndrome (PCWRS). While taking the Palomino apart discovered more wood rot along the whole front side of the top shell and more rot in the front side from the top shell all the way down to the cooler located on the lower right side of the entry way. On top of all this when I wend to serviced the wheel hubs discovered the big hub Castle nut washer was missing. This is the big washer that suppose to be installed between the big spindle Castle nut and the front bearing. So on top of Palomino giving you a cheap camper at a premium price they put you in an unsafe condition when going down the road. Hope this review was hopeful in deciding if your next camper will be a PCWRS.
- Pat, Virginia

2019-08-23 2019 Coleman Lantern 244BH View Listings

We purchase a 2019 Coleman 244BH- Do not buy! went out with it twice and already have issues -- Water heater does not work, paneling in the bathroom peeling, front door wont shut and gutter is falling off. WE purchased a new camper because we wanted to avoid issues,however that is not the case . Trying to get it fix has been as hassle , customer service is terrible.
- Tara Derenze, New York

2019-06-13 2019 Forest River R-Pod RP-171 View Listings

Purchased RPod 171 new 1/21/19 camping in Sierras 6/7/19 Water heater won't light after 4 tries it caught FIRE , Called local dealer month wait to get in for service contacted Forest River and I'm getting the Email RUN A ROUND , ALSO Refrigerator on coodest setting is barely cold and 2 window blinds are broken .NOT at all happy with my new RPod
- Guy Hacker, California

2019-06-02 2019 Coleman Light 29925RL View Listings

Camper is poorly built . Cheap material have had so many problems have owned maybe 1 month . Now fault light is on who knows what that means . I would definitely never recommend a Coleman camper for any reason . I should have listened. I'll know better next time . I wish I could find a class action lawsuit to get in with. So maybe I could get out of this camper and into one with . qaulity . Put in for warranty a month ago still has not be approved. Called customer service they said supervisor would call me back never happened been over a week . Please stay away from . You will regret it . I give it 2 thumbs down .
- Jeremy conlee, Mississippi

2019-04-20 2017 Chevrolet Spark LS View Listings

This Chevy Spark is the perfect Tow Car. It weights less than 2300 lbs and you hardly feel it attached to the RV, going down the road. Have to check your camera to see if its there.The tow braking system works smoothly and is seamless with the RV braking. The Blue Ox tow package is secure and totally hidden under the hood and front bumper area with a beautiful electric and hardware installation by San Diego Trailer.Youn will live the sporty feel and room for passengers on the four door model. The back seats also fold down for large storage area in the hatchback. This is the tow car to love.
- Don, California

2019-01-26 2016 Teardrops NW Teardrops NW Sojourn View Listings

This teardrop is very well built, solid and tight. It provides a very comfortable sleeping compartment with a 6' mattress and pillow top. It has well appointed reading lights in the cabin and a side tent and awning to provide additional living space. The kitchen area I'd well designed to provide a convenient meal prep space as well as storage. The trailer is easily towed by a Subaru Outback. The car is able to easily pull it up Amy hill, the trailer tows easily, with full sized tires. It is in excellent, like new condition. The propane stove is a high-end two burner stove with two propane tanks. The cooler is an Engle cooler providing long term cold storage.
- David Schlachter, Oregon

2019-01-25 2017 Keystone Springdale Summerland 1700FQ View Listings

I love this trailer. I have the Artic package and have enjoyed using it all year. The open floor plan is very comfortable and the finishes are very nice. I like the private bedroom and double entry doors. It is easy to pull and so much fun!
- Dylon H. Grothe, Colorado

2019-01-02 2017 Forest River R-Pod RP-177 View Listings

We've had this 1.5 years now and have towed it all over the western US with a Nissan Frontier. We do enjoy the layout, but not the quality of materials or the craftmanship! I like the 'off-roadiness' but don't like the fact that the wheel width is super wide for dirt roads! We tend to get out about once every 3 months for a week or so and continually have to fix something; seats, wiring, plugs, water system (that freezes way too easily), Jensen stereo that's been warrantied and still seems to have issues among other items. I really wish it was made just a bit better! As noted in other reviews, be careful when filling the water tank to full capacity as it can change the towing dynamics! We've also changed to 2 6v deep cycle batteries as we camp mostly off grid in remote areas. This said, there are things I like, the slide out (but watch the seal to make sure it doesn't leak!), the bed is nice, and the size and weight are good. Yet it would be nice to have additional inside storage instead of a microwave, and a lower overall weight and lower height by having no air conditioner or exterior TV antennae. We have never used these item nor will use them. It seemed that every R-Pod on the lot had these items installed, but yet listed them as optional. Frustrating! Oh yes, the graphics...how many can you really put on a trailer!?! We have taken off most of them and have ran across many other owners who have done the same. It's a bit too many stuck all over! So when all's said and done, we paid for a lot of items we don't like or use that are evidently 'standard options' and the quality is lower than we would like. That said, we do like the trailer as it's a great size for the 2 of us and the layout, and slider are really nice!
- Mike Fieguth, Oregon

2018-12-18 2016 Teardrops NW Teardrops NW Sojourn View Listings

We really enjoyed this camper. We are selling it because we are to old. It has all of the amenities of home. It is in as new shape. It tows well and includes the hitch. It was maintained at Timber View RV in Mokena, IL.
- John Hickey, Illinois

2018-12-17 2017 Keystone Springdale Summerland 1700FQ View Listings

I have owned this RV for 5 years and loved it. The floor plan is great, very spacious, excellent storage. The pantry is amazingly huge, enough kitchen storage for all dishes, utensils, food, you name it. The bedroom works well, queen sized bed, it also has a 4 drawer dresser, washer and dryer, and good sized closet big enough to hang up plenty of clothes. There is a Onan generator that is strong enough to power the entire unit and all air conditioners. The fire place in the living room will keep you warm while your watching TV on the 50 inch HD smart TV and Sony surround sound. The RV tows like a dream, I'm sure most of that has to do with the F350 Dually I drive but the rv tows easy. It makes big turns but that's to be expected with a 44 foot rig with triple axles. I love the garage space because of its versatility. The back doors open and turn into a deck with fencing that is perfect to enjoy the outside. I would recommend this RV and model to anyone.
- Jeffrey Morris, Alabama

2018-12-05 2018 PeeWee Campers PeeWee Campers KnockAbout View Listings

This little lightweight beauty handled like a dream. The tires are big and the trailer is super light and well-made. I had room for a queen size mattress, but I used a twin and added beds for my dogs. It is watertight and solid.
- Clare Brown, Georgia

2018-11-28 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2250 View Listings

Picked up our 2250 in September of 2018 we have used it twice with no problems this is my 4th rv it's the best quality i have seen i haven't found anything that I need to take it back for service if you own a rv you are going to have to work on it love this trailer
- Tim Bahan, Michigan

2018-11-16 2012 Ford Escape SE View Listings

52,581 original miles, before I sold my 2014 Leisure Serenity motor home I towed this Ford Escape from Oregon City to Sun River area and back again. Johnson RV installs both the motor home hitch and installed all parts on the Escape. I chose the Escape after contacting Ford Service where I got the go ahead to use the Escape as a tow vehicle.
- Richard Zimmerman, Oregon

2018-10-28 2016 Chevrolet Spark LS View Listings

Excellent tow car if size doesn't matter. Lightweight (2,000 lbs) with tow speed limit of 70 mph. Never had any issues with reliability. Warranty covers drivetrain for 5 years or 60,000 miles, which ever comes first.
- Thomas, North Carolina

2018-10-02 2009 Honda Fit Sport View Listings

The 2009 Fit Sport towed extremely well behind my RV. The electric/vacuum brake worked without a problem and the on/off switch made it easy to select which mode to use. The auto itself is a joy to use - great mileage, paddle shifters, lots of inside room and no maintenance worries.
- Charles Caldwell, California

2018-09-11 2014 Chevrolet Equinox LT View Listings

I am interested in the Cevy Equinox Lt. Is it still for sale. I have a 43' Class A and am looking for a different tow. I cannot tell the color of the interior from the pictures, let me know what the interior color is if still available. Jim Bynum 919 219 1288
- James Bynum, North Carolina

2018-07-18 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

purchased a new 2018 grand design 2500RL have had nothing but problems slide will not close even sticks out2 inches at bottom front they say it is normal .the fridge makes a loud noise on propane they say its normal both axles are bent and caused tires to wear badley when water tank on electric it blows the fuse both front storage doors locks were missing they are trying to repair these problems but i have had the rv 10 days sinsce 6/16/2018 been in the shop and still in shop for repairstoday is 7/18 2018.
- Bob, Pennsylvania

2018-07-18 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL View Listings

- Bob, Pennsylvania

2018-06-04 2017 Cruiser RV Radiance 25RL View Listings

Purchased new and have been using the camper very extensively. Very please with the build quality and the attention to detail one rarely sees in this class of camper. No issues, except we left the awning out one night and a windstorm blew up, but that was our fault. have spent a total of over 80 days in the unit and only thing we have upgraded was the king size bed mattress. Quite happy with Cruzer Radiance line.
- Marc E Berryman, Texas

2018-06-04 2017 Cruiser RV Radiance 25RL View Listings

- Marc E Berryman, Texas

2017-10-24 2016 Lance Lance 1685 View Listings

We bought a 2016 Lance and I believe that by the time we bought our trailer the so-called Lance quality had disappeared. Shortly after the one-year warranty expired, our refrigerator went out. Then we got rain leaking into our skylight, into the top of our slide out, and into a front storage compartment. We also learned that the front window was a bad design and they’ve had to make a replacement for it. Our door locks do not properly work allowing the door to open while driving. Now our trailer brakes have failed!

2017-10-21 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 14RB View Listings

My first experience towing this was how much it swayed for a little camper. I thought it was tire pressure but turned out it was a missing nut and two finger tight nuts on the left side shackle on the axle. This happend the day before my vacation. The refrigerator on the gas side burns so hot and has no clearance that the wood starts to burn. They installed duct tape in the compartment without taking frige out. I had no hot water because ignitor did not work on hot water tank. Water leaks from fittings on tank not tight. Wires just dangling under the sink with huge holes in wall for the wires to come out. Spilt wood on frames that hold seat cushions. The roof has staples and a lot of staples I might add protruding underneath the membrane. Don't even bother with contacting anyone just try to figure out how to fix it yourself then get rid of this. Instead of Starcraft I have nicknamed it Starcrap.
- RONALD L BLAKE, Pennsylvania