Tiffin Wayfarer

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Tiffin Wayfarer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Barbara from Mississippi says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 24FW View Listings

Bought on 28 May 2018 1st Trip ESP light kept coming on Drivers side closet would not stay shut Logo & pain issues Kept stating Def fluid at 800 miles then again 2312 (we are well aware it needs it but not that soon at all) Air conditioner would not stay on (we were in Arizona in June with no AC to speak of) Drivers side would not come down on own, had to climb under and knock it down? Cruise control stopped working Generator would not stay on while driving to cool Front cab TV would not work ( was told later the TV was wired into Stereo even though I was told the whole time I was WRONG if one worked they all worked. Mobile mechanic was sent to Williams AZ to fix AC (Generator ( did NOT work) Blinds I paid 900 for up front looked like moths had lunch, yes they replaced but fell apart They picked up RV on 19 June put 800+ miles on it and returned it 28 June. July Road side assistance in Jacksonville Florida issue with Def Fluid (we were continuously putting it in) I am sure another time in between Johnnie got it but can’t find the papers They then again picked up on 2 May 2019and returned it 21 May another 800 miles All the propane went out and alarms went off after it was brought back 23 of May they had someone come check it for gas leak here local 11 June they picked it up again 800 miles added returned 10 July almost 1 full month, they were to check propane, refrigerator and other items ! 10 July again it was picked up and returned 18 July 800 miles again was to check the propane & It was sent back with driver as it was returned dirty stuff strewn all over the RV floors nasty etc.. so another 800 miles Get it back ! and Alarms go off on propane! So it was brought to Dads camper he tested the lines! Found nothing! About 70 miles there and back Now they have it again Dads camper going to install a new control box! This is the 5th Fix for the propane Tiffin did not like that someone else was working on it and felt it should be brought back to them? What for another month and 800 miles I had 11362 last time they brought it back been to Tiffin 4 0r 5 times so right at 4400+ (time it was brought down new) to us and Ken Neal was like well you got 9000 miles out of it? Uh no! as 4000 was taking to it to Arizona our very first trip and we had NO AC on the road! All they want to do is extend the warranty I believe it is been in TOO many times for various Also, I believe the try to hide issues as they do NOT give ONE piece of paper to show what was worked on, what was fixed etc, I have to rely on my notes, emails & phone calls. Any service department you go to always gives a print out of work done & checked? Why would they not? I also have a 2019 RV on a 2018 Cassis which to me lowers value there! And when you try to get something done it is a nightmare it is like well that is Mercedes problem? I own a car and when it had an issue dealer took care of it! Not going back and forth to manufactures I have my sign for Tiffin sells Lemons
- Barbara, Mississippi

2021-08-11 2017 Tiffin Wayfarer 24QW View Listings

Extremely comfortable to drive. Very easy to park and with two slide outs it is very roomy. Tiffin is top of the line for quality. The 25QW has a great bedroom design with the queen bed drops down. The bed is a solid mattress (no folds).
- Steve murdoch, California

2021-07-24 2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

We love our Tiffin Wayfarer on a Mercedes chassis it has a Diesel engine which is good on fuel. Loving the bedroom in the rear. We have had only small issues and we haved used it frequently we love camping at State Parks. Everywhere we go people say they want one and love to have one like ours and Tiffin is known for quality.We have nothing but compliments on it, especially from experience RV people. Tiffin Wayfarer customers service people are the best. Also, Colton RV where we bought it has given us nothing but the best service. We have owned several RV's and this one is the best. Hope this helps others. I feel if you own a RV you have to be prepared to fix minor things it is 11,000 lb home on wheels moving down the road at 60 miles and hour. People need to get that and expect some issues or don't buy one. Don't expect perfection and no problems with your RV. Buy an extended warranty it is worth every penny.
- Brenda L McElhaney, New York

2021-06-05 2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

A friend purchased a 2021 NEW 25’ LW from a dealer in California for $135,500.00. NEW. This should sell for no more than $125,000.00. What else can I say ????????????????????????? I ll trade a 3 slide class A 3580TS Coachmen Epic Premier with 22,339 miles on it 8.1 L under warranty til September 2021.
- Morris Weseloh, Alabama

2021-05-23 2021 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW View Listings

I’ve had this RV since new less than 3 months. I had one trip to Disneyworld for a week, wonderful no problems. I came back yesterday from an 11 day adventure to 15 states. MS, TN, AR, MO, NE, IO, SD, WY, UT, CO, ID, AZ, NM, TX , LA. Lots of national parks. (5,) lots of mountains. I put over 4600 miles. I had several 500 mile days and one 600 mile day. Two days of terrible 25-35 mph crosswinds in the mountains and the deserts of NM and TX. Crosswind Assist came on several times. I am 83 years old and I am alone. I had one problem that persisted for short period of time, the active brake assist message came on and shut down the Adaptive Cruise Control. It happened 4 times but cured itself. At 4000 miles the add DEF message came on and I added 2 1/2 gallons. Other than that everything worked perfectly. The computer showed I traveled 4656 miles, averaged 14.3 MPG and 56 MPH. I LOVE my Wayfarer. The Murphy bed is comfortable. I hated to come home but we have graduation ceremonies coming up. I’m leaving just as soon as I can. Where I hadn’t decided yet. One bit of advise, the Wayfarer is a two passenger vehicle not only because of gross weight but only has two seatbelts. It’s not a family vehicle. I weighed my vehicle with full fuel water and lots of equipment and I only had 170 lbs left to get me to the 11030 gross weight. The diesel pulls beautifully even in the mtns. Very impressive.
- Gibran Werby, Mississippi

2021-05-02 2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW View Listings

Don’t waste your money Bought 2020 over $100k wayfair 25rw After 2 trips Big foot stoped working All water lines froze up on first cold trip and yes we had the tank heaters Drawers open and close when you drive Shower will not drain when coach is level only when we lower the front Solar panels waste of money Front door placement is half under awning crazy Constant drip on drain pipe no mater how hard I try will not close tight When you call for help they are real nice but not effective and it’s takes forever with all the info they want before they can help, come on man get into the 21 c with voice and phone recognition Power hook up works MOST of the time I have to play with land Line breakers before it will connect Table in front of recliners too low and very lose, not functional Doors around coach will not close flat, they seem to be out of square Very hard to get service
- Howard burke, Georgia

2021-01-28 2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

We loved this RV. Selling it because of unexpected life changes. It's so fun to drive. Very easy. Easy to park. All the appliances were fabulous. I would highly recommend Tiffin Wayfarers to potential buyers. Really didn't have a single complaint.
- Tammy Weber, Idaho

2021-01-27 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24QW View Listings

This has been a great RV for us. We sold a 35 ft class A and bought the Wayfarer. My main complaint with my previous MH was it was a gas rig and the hassle of driving it. On a narrow two lane road it was literally white knuckles all the time. This class C is like driving a big pickup truck. It is smooth and has more than enough power to tow our full size Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. You don't even know it's back there. For a couple it is the perfect MH. Very comfortable and it has all the conveniences of home. While storage space could be a concern we have gone on month long trips with no problems. Tiffin is a great brand and the Sprinter chassis is the cherry on top.
- Marc Schachle, Texas

2020-11-02 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24FW View Listings

We have found our Tiffin FW to be an outstanding motorhome! They all have issues, of course, but the issues we've had have been quite minor in comparison to the quality and livability we experienced. I would highly recommend Tiffin!
- Ronda Russell, Montana

2020-08-23 2017 Tiffin Wayfarer 24QW View Listings

This Tiffin Wayfarer and Mercedes is THE BEST Combination Class C. Excellent warranties and customer support,, If you truly want to explore the US in a RV,, this is the best for seeing every city,county,state and national parks,, don't get stuck in a BUS!!!
- Jeff, Arizona

2020-08-21 2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

Best RV out of 3 class C we have owned. The quality of Tiffin is unsurpassed as well as the customer service. Very easy to travel in. We pull a Nissan Juke; flat tow with Blue Ox system. The diesel engine gets great mileage. Fits into regular parking spot in a shopping center so easy to get in and out of everywhere! Even have central vac in this! Some much bang for your buck and the use of space is excellent!
- Susanne Murray, Florida

2020-08-12 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW View Listings

Great experience using RVTrader. They put us in the right hands quickly to sell our RV. I would highly recommend using this site to sell or buy. We look forward to buying a new RV in the future and would definitely 'hang-out' in the RVTrader site looking for our next adventure!
- Melissa Roberts, Alaska

2020-07-09 2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

We were hoping for a great adventure in our new Tiffin Wayfarer, but that was not to be. Here’s what went wrong in the first few weeks of owning it (everything really. Everything went wrong.): The check engine light came on. (First trip. New.) The AC quit working when the coach was going over 60mph (I wasn’t towing anything.) The ashtray/cup holder fell out of the dash. The window shades for the front windows broke. The magnets in the windows to connect the shades broke. Levers fell off the drivers seat. The bed above drivers side screws were placed incorrectly and poked through. The slide got stuck (on our second trip.) The cabinet locks were loose. A closet door fell off while we were driving. The towel bar fell off. The awning got stuck. The cabin speakers didn’t work The stereo didn’t work The sink leaked Various cabinet doors came off after screws shredded. With light use. All cushions frayed. Did I mention it was new? Dents in floor Hot water heater shuts off randomly. Tank sensors didn’t work Various electrical issues Broken bathroom door I’m sure I’m forgetting things. So many issues and we only owned it for two months. Also, we didn’t experience the great customer service other owners mention. Our dealership was happy to keep the coach all season and keep trying to fix it but things were breaking faster than they could superglue them back on. Initially our Tiffin sales rep was sympathetic but eventually just said that we should expect to deal with these issues as they are “part of ownership.” I guess we thought we were buying the kind of quality that would give me the confidence to venture out alone with my boys when my husband was unable to join us but we couldn’t get one trip in without major malfunctions. It was such a disaster that we’ve returned the coach to the dealership and accepted a huge financial hit. I wouldn’t have expected this level of complete vehicle failure in a ten year old used model. When we cleaned the unit for return the last and final cabinet door that hadn’t already fallen out, fell out, and the radio stopped working (again.) An RV tech my husband spoke to said the Wayfarer is a mess and Tiffin is trying to make up for it with great service. Wish we’d gotten the second part of that equation. We certainly got the first! When I was shopping I didn’t find any negative reviews so if you haven’t purchased yet, buyer beware. Not every experience is good.
- Jami Steenhoek, Colorado

2020-03-18 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW View Listings

Fun, agile, and full of quality! The service from Tiffin and Mercedes has been unmatched. We have driven this vehicle from the Atlantic Ocean in SC to the Pacific Ocean in California. we have driven it in the Gas Light District in San Diego as well as historic New England. It drives like a dream and is so easy to use.
- juanita, South Carolina

2019-12-12 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW View Listings

Wow...Tiffin making a class C RV is awesome. We had a 38 foot diesel but this 25 foot diesel wayfarer is perfect for both small and long trips. Everything is just easier. From cleaning to driving to parking etc and it pulls 5000 lbs so our tow vehicle is no problem. And the diesel engine is great! After 35,000 miles the engine starts to break in and uses less DEF and better range and smoother. Parking at national parks is a breeze.
- Steven Sykes, Texas

2019-10-23 2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

Can park in your drive, any shopping center, TV on outside, stereo on outside. Easy to drive, very comfortable bed, you can walk from front to back inside with slides in. LED spots in ceiling. Very nice..we just don't travel..but this good for day trips or long distance. like having a bath (toillet) handy.
- Dan Hada, Texas

2019-10-02 2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW View Listings

I have had many issues with this RV, sink not hooked up, no electric mirrors, air conditioner drain not hooked up, plus many more. Today I found out that the dash light error reading about a tail light out is due to the fact that the wiring harness connectors have not been seal so they shorted out . Mercedes will not cover this under warranty and recommend that the whole harness be replaced and all connections properly sealed, they said this is just the start of theses issues. Now back to the dealer who has done an outstanding job of fixing this coach.
- Steven Sershen, South Dakota