Tiffin Wayfarer Reviews on RV Insider (10)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Tiffin Wayfarer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Barbara from Mississippi says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 24FW View Listings

Bought on 28 May 2018 1st Trip ESP light kept coming on Drivers side closet would not stay shut Logo & pain issues Kept stating Def fluid at 800 miles then again 2312 (we are well aware it needs it but not that soon at all) Air conditioner would not stay on (we were in Arizona in June with no AC to speak of) Drivers side would not come down on own, had to climb under and knock it down? Cruise control stopped working Generator would not stay on while driving to cool Front cab TV would not work ( was told later the TV was wired into Stereo even though I was told the whole time I was WRONG if one worked they all worked. Mobile mechanic was sent to Williams AZ to fix AC (Generator ( did NOT work) Blinds I paid 900 for up front looked like moths had lunch, yes they replaced but fell apart They picked up RV on 19 June put 800+ miles on it and returned it 28 June. July Road side assistance in Jacksonville Florida issue with Def Fluid (we were continuously putting it in) I am sure another time in between Johnnie got it but can’t find the papers They then again picked up on 2 May 2019and returned it 21 May another 800 miles All the propane went out and alarms went off after it was brought back 23 of May they had someone come check it for gas leak here local 11 June they picked it up again 800 miles added returned 10 July almost 1 full month, they were to check propane, refrigerator and other items ! 10 July again it was picked up and returned 18 July 800 miles again was to check the propane & It was sent back with driver as it was returned dirty stuff strewn all over the RV floors nasty etc.. so another 800 miles Get it back ! and Alarms go off on propane! So it was brought to Dads camper he tested the lines! Found nothing! About 70 miles there and back Now they have it again Dads camper going to install a new control box! This is the 5th Fix for the propane Tiffin did not like that someone else was working on it and felt it should be brought back to them? What for another month and 800 miles I had 11362 last time they brought it back been to Tiffin 4 0r 5 times so right at 4400+ (time it was brought down new) to us and Ken Neal was like well you got 9000 miles out of it? Uh no! as 4000 was taking to it to Arizona our very first trip and we had NO AC on the road! All they want to do is extend the warranty I believe it is been in TOO many times for various Also, I believe the try to hide issues as they do NOT give ONE piece of paper to show what was worked on, what was fixed etc, I have to rely on my notes, emails & phone calls. Any service department you go to always gives a print out of work done & checked? Why would they not? I also have a 2019 RV on a 2018 Cassis which to me lowers value there! And when you try to get something done it is a nightmare it is like well that is Mercedes problem? I own a car and when it had an issue dealer took care of it! Not going back and forth to manufactures I have my sign for Tiffin sells Lemons
- Barbara, Mississippi

2020-11-02 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24FW View Listings

We have found our Tiffin FW to be an outstanding motorhome! They all have issues, of course, but the issues we've had have been quite minor in comparison to the quality and livability we experienced. I would highly recommend Tiffin!
- Ronda Russell, Montana

2020-08-23 2017 Tiffin Wayfarer 24QW View Listings

This Tiffin Wayfarer and Mercedes is THE BEST Combination Class C. Excellent warranties and customer support,, If you truly want to explore the US in a RV,, this is the best for seeing every city,county,state and national parks,, don't get stuck in a BUS!!!
- Jeff, Arizona

2020-08-21 2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

Best RV out of 3 class C we have owned. The quality of Tiffin is unsurpassed as well as the customer service. Very easy to travel in. We pull a Nissan Juke; flat tow with Blue Ox system. The diesel engine gets great mileage. Fits into regular parking spot in a shopping center so easy to get in and out of everywhere! Even have central vac in this! Some much bang for your buck and the use of space is excellent!
- Susanne Murray, Florida

2020-08-12 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW View Listings

Great experience using RVTrader. They put us in the right hands quickly to sell our RV. I would highly recommend using this site to sell or buy. We look forward to buying a new RV in the future and would definitely 'hang-out' in the RVTrader site looking for our next adventure!
- Melissa Roberts, Alaska

2020-07-09 2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

We were hoping for a great adventure in our new Tiffin Wayfarer, but that was not to be. Here’s what went wrong in the first few weeks of owning it (everything really. Everything went wrong.): The check engine light came on. (First trip. New.) The AC quit working when the coach was going over 60mph (I wasn’t towing anything.) The ashtray/cup holder fell out of the dash. The window shades for the front windows broke. The magnets in the windows to connect the shades broke. Levers fell off the drivers seat. The bed above drivers side screws were placed incorrectly and poked through. The slide got stuck (on our second trip.) The cabinet locks were loose. A closet door fell off while we were driving. The towel bar fell off. The awning got stuck. The cabin speakers didn’t work The stereo didn’t work The sink leaked Various cabinet doors came off after screws shredded. With light use. All cushions frayed. Did I mention it was new? Dents in floor Hot water heater shuts off randomly. Tank sensors didn’t work Various electrical issues Broken bathroom door I’m sure I’m forgetting things. So many issues and we only owned it for two months. Also, we didn’t experience the great customer service other owners mention. Our dealership was happy to keep the coach all season and keep trying to fix it but things were breaking faster than they could superglue them back on. Initially our Tiffin sales rep was sympathetic but eventually just said that we should expect to deal with these issues as they are “part of ownership.” I guess we thought we were buying the kind of quality that would give me the confidence to venture out alone with my boys when my husband was unable to join us but we couldn’t get one trip in without major malfunctions. It was such a disaster that we’ve returned the coach to the dealership and accepted a huge financial hit. I wouldn’t have expected this level of complete vehicle failure in a ten year old used model. When we cleaned the unit for return the last and final cabinet door that hadn’t already fallen out, fell out, and the radio stopped working (again.) An RV tech my husband spoke to said the Wayfarer is a mess and Tiffin is trying to make up for it with great service. Wish we’d gotten the second part of that equation. We certainly got the first! When I was shopping I didn’t find any negative reviews so if you haven’t purchased yet, buyer beware. Not every experience is good.
- Jami Steenhoek, Colorado

2020-03-18 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW View Listings

Fun, agile, and full of quality! The service from Tiffin and Mercedes has been unmatched. We have driven this vehicle from the Atlantic Ocean in SC to the Pacific Ocean in California. we have driven it in the Gas Light District in San Diego as well as historic New England. It drives like a dream and is so easy to use.
- juanita, South Carolina

2019-12-12 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW View Listings

Wow...Tiffin making a class C RV is awesome. We had a 38 foot diesel but this 25 foot diesel wayfarer is perfect for both small and long trips. Everything is just easier. From cleaning to driving to parking etc and it pulls 5000 lbs so our tow vehicle is no problem. And the diesel engine is great! After 35,000 miles the engine starts to break in and uses less DEF and better range and smoother. Parking at national parks is a breeze.
- Steven Sykes, Texas

2019-10-23 2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW View Listings

Can park in your drive, any shopping center, TV on outside, stereo on outside. Easy to drive, very comfortable bed, you can walk from front to back inside with slides in. LED spots in ceiling. Very nice..we just don't travel..but this good for day trips or long distance. like having a bath (toillet) handy.
- Dan Hada, Texas

2019-10-02 2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW View Listings

I have had many issues with this RV, sink not hooked up, no electric mirrors, air conditioner drain not hooked up, plus many more. Today I found out that the dash light error reading about a tail light out is due to the fact that the wiring harness connectors have not been seal so they shorted out . Mercedes will not cover this under warranty and recommend that the whole harness be replaced and all connections properly sealed, they said this is just the start of theses issues. Now back to the dealer who has done an outstanding job of fixing this coach.
- Steven Sershen, South Dakota