Tiffin Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (306)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Tiffin Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jack Caldwell from Illinois says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH View Listings

The quality just isn't there. The serice is slow at best dealer support is nearly none existent. If you are very very patient the RV may eventually come around. I expected far more than I received for the primeium I paid. We have had the RV since March and the problems just keep coming. I have had over 30 quality problems some very large making my using the motor home impossible. It's pretty, the layout is great. I'm just waiting for the day when the gremlins go away. The freightliner chassis is rock solid. All of my problems have been with what Tiffin put on it.
- Jack Caldwell, Illinois

2020-09-11 2019 Tiffin Allegro Red 37PA View Listings

After much research I chose a Tiffin class A. I was sadly mistaken with the enchanted theory that Tiffin is a GOOD quality rv. In less than a year the passenger side of RV has begun to separate permitting water to leak in. Tiffin's opinion, re chalking should have occurred. Wrong, their warranty with dealer concurring warranties this for 90day beyond that it is maintenance. So an RV B Young TV accepted from tiffin was not confirmed as being of quality and I the Consumer who opted for to not climb on roof during walk through delivary after dealer assured me it was dangerous to climb on roof and they inspected in my be half. Warning, DONT trust dealer OR Tiffin. Next falling ap part inside of 9 months, rig has flooded three ti.es when topping off water. This also contributed to rusting of basement area. A couple was broken in wall. Electrical short blowing out front windshield fan and nearly catching fire. Thank you Tiffin for the fire extingquisher. Toilet flap broken, no part available. Freezer stopped working and whirlpool kindly pointed out if e print, WARRANTY VOID if installed in rv! Radio/map shorted 6 ti.es, again we r becoming very proficient in th at extingquisher. LP gauge leaking gas. Carpet began to streak loosing color. Left side camera wont stop flipping, apparently this is described as NOormal. Apparently learning to track flipping views on a screen is possibly a skill to include in rv driving training. Smart TVs are not so smart, one out of 4 can't connect to internet, one can connect to Hopper, motion satelite lasts 5 min or less, internet boost does absolute NOTHING. Dealer unable to repair any time sooner that 4 to 8 months each event. Odd they r considered a front runner for TIFFIN. Attention to the word Run is the only relevancy. Shame on you Tiffin for implying you sell a quality RV. Your so called manager Reps match your false claims of family owned quality rv, consideration, conscientious rv builders, blah, blah, blah, try actually providing 1/100 of your claim for starters.
- Margaret Browning, Washington

2020-08-27 2012 Tiffin Allegro Phaeton 42QBH View Listings

The Phaeton is a Beautiful, well built and this one has been taken care of. Its been to Red Bay couple of times and the people there go over everything. They replace things that we have no idea the needed. We wash and wax monthly. If you looking for older home with low mileage, and no maintenance this is it. Having Bath and half is the dream!
- Pat, Florida

2020-08-25 2015 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA View Listings

Tiffin is the best manufacturer in the RV industry. Everything in our RV is of high quality & top notch craftsmanship. If you do have a problem repairs at the Red Bay, Al factory are exemplary. You won't be sorry owning a Tiffin Motorhome.
- Michael Ficcaglia, Texas

2020-08-24 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QXP View Listings

This RV has been excellent for the past 5 years. Anything that went wrong was immediately repaired. I recently had this RV serviced by Freightliner in Mt Vernon, Wa. The following repairs were necessary: one slide motor, replaced all slide toppers, replaced one spring in Awning, replaced step motor. Brand new toilet due to me dropping it while replacing seal.
- Montey, Washington

2020-08-16 2018 Tiffin Allegro RED 33AA View Listings

The Tiffin Allegro Red 33AA is undoubtedly the best 35’ short wheelbase class A diesel pusher on the market with It’s King size bed, very livable layout and 10000 lb towing capacity. Additionally the customer service at Tiffin is second to none.
- Russ , Florida

2020-08-11 2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH View Listings

We very much enjoyed our time with the Phaeton. It has loads of storage both inside and outside. We were very impressed with the factory visit and the expertise of everyone there. The visit to the assembly line was very impressive.
- Sandra , South Dakota

2020-08-05 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP View Listings

Driving and towing relaxed, easy and comfortable. Easy to maintain. Easy to keep clean with all tile floors. Cherrywood cabinets are spacious. Like having a dishwasher and the fireplace is great on chilly mornings. Aqua hot heating is very comfortable. Bath and 1/2 a nice feature. King sleep number bed makes for a good nights sleep or maybe a nap. Large closet area. Slide out storage trays with refrigerator/freezer.
- James Harner Jeanette Buxton , Pennsylvania

2020-08-03 2017 Tiffin Allegro RED 37PA View Listings

It was very clean and drove nice. I especially appreciated the diesel, having a gas right now. Its laid out nice with lots of moving room. The kitchen is larger than most of them I look at. The storage below was not as large as I expected but whats there is very nice with roll out tray. I love the painting on the motorhome.
- Jeanne Rosemary, North Carolina

2020-08-02 2018 Tiffin Allegro Phaeton 40IH View Listings

This is our 27 th Motorhome. We have owned 8 manufactured brands. This phaeton is by far the best driving and towing with the 450 hp 1250 lbs torque that we have ever experienced. We love the floor plan bath and half and flat floor throughout the coach and where the TV Is located in front of the theater seats Heated floors all electric no propane and aqua hot the list goes on and on Tiffin is the best when it comes to customer service that we have ever experienced
- LeRoy Orcutt , Florida

2020-07-22 1999 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37 Diesel View Listings

Purchased this 1999 Tiffin 37 ft. Allegro Bay Pusher in 2019. Have had many opportunities to travel in and setup motorhomes at venues across the country. This was an older coach and yet because of the original quality and craftsmanship found in this motorhome it still was a pleasure to drive, vacation in and pass on to a new owner. When researching for a New or Used motorhome, Tiffin Allergo should be high on the list for anyone looking to enjoy RVing.
- James S Friel, West Virginia

2020-07-17 2017 Tiffin Allegro RED 37PA View Listings

The RV was like new condition, very nice. The drive at 39 ft was a little too big for me. You will appreciate the condition. The inside was ;aid out very nice. I especially liked the L shaped couch.
- Jeanne, Pennsylvania

2020-07-04 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 36QSP View Listings

This is a comfortable ride for road trips. Good on fuel. Dual Air conditioning is so comfortable and heat if needed. We lived on the road for 3 months. Residential refrigerator/freezer is awesome big The seats are made like pleather , no rip or tares. Marble floors are so easy to clean. And hook ups let you wash and dry your clothes. We put these in brand new last year!
- Gail, California

2020-07-01 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QXP View Listings

We loved this RV. We had never owned a diesel on a freight liner chassis. The ride is incredible and beyond our imagination. We were told it was an easy smooth drive , but this unit is so smooth that you could leave a glass of ice tea on the counter the whole trip and not worry about a spill. I loved the braking system. I love the air ride. I love the electric extras like electric cord reel and electric water hose reel. I also loved the water filtering system. I love the entertainment system. Perhaps my favorite is the instant hot water system Aqua Hot.
- DANIEL LEBLANC, Louisiana

2020-06-24 2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP View Listings

This is our fifth Tiffin, compared to our other 5 coaches we really love it. The valid air levelling and manufacture support is second to none. We get lots of compliments on it and it really is a pleasure to drive. We haven’t had any major issues just a few cosmetic things but service center corrected all of them.
- D banks, Manitoba

2020-06-14 2015 Tiffin Allegro Red 33AA View Listings

We purchased our 2015 Tiffin Allegro Red brand new. First of all Tiffin customer service is top notch. We took the Tiffin back to Red Bay one time for warranty work and it was a Great experience. We had our recliner start peeling and Tiffin paid for a new recliner. I cannot say enough good about the Tiffin experience. It's Perfect! Especially enjoyed the Tiffin Rally's. They're very informative and fun. Thanks Tiffin for all you do!
- Ella Selenski, Florida

2020-06-10 2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40DP View Listings

This was the most desirable coach in the high end quality we looked at. Everything about it was Top quality and luxury. Reliable and easy to drive compared to any gas coach we have ever been in. Best all round investment. Ours was a 400 diesel with the Allison transmission. I expect the best made as most people know. Highly recommend purchasing one if you want quality in craftsmanship and serviceability. A good used one through a private owner is best option if you want to save money in the purchase.
- Carol, Ohio

2020-06-07 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

We started RVing in 2010 and had a couple of RVs prior to this one. The 2013 Phaeton is the best one we ever owned. It is super easy to drive. I was a little skeptical about driving a 40’, but after taking the Lazydays confidence course I was fully confident. My husband and I both drive which makes it easier for our trips. The layout and storage spaces make it comfortable for full-timing which we have done. The service we received from Tiffin motor homes has gone above and beyond any service we have experienced. I would highly recommend this RV.
- Linda Ogles, Texas

2020-05-18 2011 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR View Listings

By far the Best Small Diesel Pusher for getting around. Shortest turning radius to get into any restaurant, shopping center, gas station. Very quiet driving, great Allison smooth transmission. Walk around Queen bed and two ceiling ducted air conditioners makes for great living conditions. So much better than the front diesel Sprinter Chassis. Tiffin Quality and Company Support. Perfect upgrade for replacing a Gas Coach or Front Diesel. 2011 does not require DEF. Drove mine for more than 30K miles.
- Zakre R, Florida

2020-05-17 2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH View Listings

I bought a 2014 Tiffin Phaeton about two years ago and have loved it. Our first really long trip was a 6000 mile one the South Dakota, Yellowstone and Montana. The coach is easy to drive and was fantastic to live in. It has been such a great experience that we are selling the unit and buying a new one just like it.
- Jerry Quick, Alabama

2020-05-12 2012 Tiffin Allegro RED 34QFA View Listings

In 2012 I bought a brand new Tiffin Allegro Red 34 QFA, this was the first diesel we ever had and a class A. Wow it was the best choice we ever made to be full time or even just week end. We lived in it for 5 years and travel USA and Canada for 4 years and in 2020 we decided to buy a house in Florida and downsize with the Motorhome. We made wonderful memories during our travel without a glitch. Tiffin was wonderful with service and they are the best. They believe in the product and they back it up.
- Rene St Puerre, Florida

2020-05-03 2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH View Listings

I like the design of the inside Love the look on the outside Would like to come down and look at it and talk about the price No smoking on the inside How many owners owned it before this when how well it was maintain What's don't need to be fix on it Why condition is the roof and the slide down How old is the refrigerator and AC and tires Washer and dryer and a plumbing
- Wayne Pindell , Florida

2020-04-23 2017 Tiffin Allegro BUS 37AP View Listings

Had many small problems in the first year mostly due to poor quality control and pre delivery inspection both from factory and dealership. Due to the very poor service at our dealership we had most of the problems taken care of at Red Bay. They were unable to fix an erratic problem with our power lift bed refusing to work occasionally and so I finally took care of the problem myself by wiring a separate switch connecting directly to a battery connection. I am presently working on repairing a Schwintek slide as well as trying to locate a faulty infloor heat sensor. I must say that Bob Tiffin and his staff have been good to me, even extending my warranty by one year. I will recommend Tiffin to anyone but the Dealership we purchased it from to no one.
- Al Zeghers, British Columbia

2020-04-21 2020 Tiffin Allegro Red 37PA View Listings

first thing is do not buy at La Mesa rv in Pheinix AZ.good sales people but getting things looked after the sale in near impossible.Fridge did not work first day out.No PDI at all.there are paint problems with the rv and the dealer in Ontario told me to take back to were I bought it.thats nice we live in Ontario.asked tiffin about getting it repaired and told me I could get it repaired at the dealer.this is the one who told me to take it back to the selling dealer.the quality of the unit inside is great,but if you look a little deeper like I did I found two furnaces not hooked up at all.one I found the wiring in the under bay not connected.the other did not have the wires connected that I fixed.the other problem with the second furnace was the plumbing for the heat unit are not attached to anything,they are just sitting there with the glycol hose bypassing the hosing they were supposed to be hooked two.the bay heater duct is not hooked up to anything.i found it under the shower not hooked up to anything,so much for bay heat in the cold.we bought a Tiffin because all the hype about quality and great paint.and dealership help.NOT THE CASE.this rv was never checked at the factory for quality at all.now its up to me to fix these problems.So be careful buying a TIFFIN they are not that great.
- Randy Galaski, Ontario

2020-04-15 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42QDP View Listings

We gave “Livability” 4 stars because of the position of the TV, front mounted & because of having to high step into the shower. Otherwise this has been a very comfortable coach to live in full time. It has adequate storage for everything we’ve needed. “Overall Quality” was given 5 stars because after seeing many other coaches of the age, this is far superior to most. “Floor Plan” was given 5 stars because for a 42’ design, there is great living flow for both of us. “Driving/Towing“ was given 5 stars because it handles extremely well. After replacing the OEM shocks with Koni shocks, the handling significantly improved making driving it very pleasurable. You have to be careful with it because it likes to go fast. Towing the Jeep in all kinds of terrain is smooth. “Factory Warranty/ Support we gave 4 stars because Tiffin has stopped any repairs of motor homes greater than 10 years old. However, there are plenty of qualified companies to service our rig to our satisfaction in Red Bay, AL. Their support has been, in the past, superior to anyone else in the industry that I know of. I would highly recommend this RV to anyone because of all the upgrades that have been made to the coach. With an engine having just over 6000 miles, a three year warranty, & a new AquaHot system, this is almost like a new bus.
- Timothy Sikora, Texas