Tiffin Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (280)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Tiffin Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jack Caldwell from Illinois says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH View Listings

The quality just isn't there. The serice is slow at best dealer support is nearly none existent. If you are very very patient the RV may eventually come around. I expected far more than I received for the primeium I paid. We have had the RV since March and the problems just keep coming. I have had over 30 quality problems some very large making my using the motor home impossible. It's pretty, the layout is great. I'm just waiting for the day when the gremlins go away. The freightliner chassis is rock solid. All of my problems have been with what Tiffin put on it.
- Jack Caldwell, Illinois

2020-03-25 2015 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP View Listings

Powerglide chassis drives straight and solid, no wandering even in high winds. Plenty of power to tow. Comfortable interior with 3 TV's, reclining euro chair and footrests in couch. Heated tile floors and fireplace keep it cozy year round. Lots of storage in easy to access pull out trays. We like it so much we ordered a new Tiffin Bus with the same options and floor plan.
- Craig, California

2020-02-25 2006 Tiffin Allegro Bay 34XB View Listings

Best RV ever all the way around. It has treated us well, with no issues. Only selling to go bigger. This is the biggest you can go and still stay in state parks!! Very comfortable and reliable!! Very spacious, with a ton of storage everywhere!! Love have the 2 a/c units with furnaces. Helps so much in any climate!!
- Megan Randall, Arizona

2020-02-24 2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP View Listings

Solid unit with excellent customer service. I recommend Tiffin as one of the top brands in diesel pushers. The features and design of the coach have been well thought thru. Any time I've had an issue customer service is quick to help me troubleshoot and send parts when needed. Best of the best in my opinion and we have owned several.
- Bert Echterling, Texas

2020-02-18 2019 Tiffin Allegro Red 37PA View Listings

3rd class A in 3 years. Winnebago 27PE gasser and Allegro Open Road 32SA gasser. Liked the Tiffin support and upgraded to the diesel. Great power, handling and ride. Wonderful Tiffin service at Red Bay. The 37PA with the single HUGE bathroom with 2 sink vanity is a delight. Plenty of in-coach and basement storage. Interior space with the 4 opposing slide outs is enormous. Paint job is beautiful. We are always getting compliments. Only irritation is the "rope" light ceiling lighting is requiring a second repair. Otherwise we are certainly happy and loyal Tiffin owners given quality, beauty, amenities, service, and support.
- Randall (Capt. Randy) Davis, Missouri

2020-02-04 2017 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR View Listings

Bought our first Tiffin at Dixie RV in Hammond . Don’t recommend that! They are not very helpful after the sale if you have an issue, which you will if you buy aTiffin Motor Home. We have a 2017 Tiffin Breeze ..we are having such a hard time with the air bag. When we have it parked on our property one side goes down and TIFFIN keeps saying it supposed to happen but that is crazy! Do you mean to say ...when you walk up to Open the door ,your steps are supposedly supposed to drag on the ground and not come out all the way. ( Bulls***).. we have driven 6 hours twice dropped off for them to fix and it’s still not fixed, after leaving it there for two weeks each time. Not to mention our slide out screwed up, our exhaust leaked inside Rv! It was replaced ! WTH! Honestly, I haven’t spoke to anyone yet that’s said “ hey, sorry for your bad luck “ . Don’t Buy a Tiffin! Mine is always for sale! We live in Florida , Mississippi, and have family all over Texas , not to mention my husband has about 1000 employees and we will let anyone know that ask ... don’t buy one!
- Mel , Mississippi

2020-01-30 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP View Listings

Best RV we have ever owned. Superior quality! Very livable floor plan, lots of storage space, upgraded features such as dishwasher, residential refrigerator, stackable washer and dryer, king bed, bath and 1/2, fireplace,etc.
- Steve, California

2020-01-23 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP View Listings

We had originally considered a 40' Phaeton but decided on the 37AP Allegro Bus because of the 450 HP engine. This bus drives like a sports car! It takes mountain switchbacks handles in traffic like no other motor home I've ever driven. The nice features like key-less entry, upgraded entry steps, heated floors, etc made feel like a home. My wife and I spent 6 months out of the year travelling all over the country in this motor home, towing a Ford F150 without any issues. She even felt comfortable driving it because it is so easy to handle. The size makes it acceptable in many parks where the larger tandem wheeled beasts aren't allowed. Another benefit of the 37AP. I would highly recommend it, especially the 2016 model (which had very few warranty issues over the 4+ years we've owned it).
- Michael Alberts, Florida

2020-01-12 2013 Tiffin Allegro Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

Before we purchased our Tiffin we were American Eagle fans. Now that we are in the Tiffin, we will never go elsewhere. Excellent customer service from Bob Tiffin himself to the person letting you in the property. Class Acts! Unbelievable make you feel like family atmosphere. We use our RV to tow a 34’ stacker race car trailer and when not racing, we take it on vacations. We love the way it drives and pulls the trailer, we love the comfortable chairs, benches, couches and beds. We love the layout. It truly is a great addition to our family!! Highly recommend!!! 10 stars!
- Dean Miller, Virginia

2019-12-12 2014 Tiffin Allegro RED 34QFA View Listings

The livability of this coach is out-standing as its two opposing slide outs makes for a large, open living area. The floor plan lends itself to separate living and sleeping areas, with easy access to bath and kitchen areas. The build quality is typical Tiffin craftmanship. Easy to drive with a quiet, comfortable ride. We only had only one claim made to the factory for support which was quickly and satisfactorily resolved.
- Ed Self, Texas

2019-11-19 2014 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR View Listings

SUMMARY: We struggled to enjoy this RV. Bought it new, kept it for 2 years and under 10k miles, then sold for around $30k less.than our purchase price which we think was getting off lucky given our feelings about it. PROS: - Aesthetics play a big part for this unit. It certainly looks sharp. - The layout works well enough for longer term use. We traveled up to 4 months at a time and found it just large enough. - Underside storage bays are huge pass-throughs which allowed us to put expensive bicycles down there to keep them safe and clean. - air ride suspension allows the RV to be dropped down when parked. CONS: (too many) - #1 gripe is the extremely POOR insulation which greatly effected livability in both warmer and cooler temps. The Breeze was like an oven anytime temps got over 75F. During our long stay in AZ during the winter, we frequently had to use reflexive foil sheets on all the sun exposed windows even though the outdoor temps were only just comfortable. Conversely it did not hold heat and needed ceramic auxiliary heaters any time the temps were under 55F. Even with dual heaters going throughout the night, we still froze. Oh, also installed the insulated foil stuff over all the windows to try keeping out the cold draft... didn't help much. FYI, heat pump installed with the AC unit is useless below 45F, leaving you to burn through your propane running the gas heater. Overall, the livable temperature range of this unit is severely limited to only around 20F (55-75F). - driver's side slideout is very poor fitting. It had a large gap along the bottom, enough to put my hand through to the inside of the unit after flipping down the single excuse of a weather strip. On colder nights in AZ had to pull in the slideout to try limiting excessive heat loss. - rear motor emits tons of heat into the back bedroom and takes many hours to dissipate after a long drive. Motor is extremely noisy for a long day of driving giving us headaches. - the fiberglass header cap at the front above the windscreen is completely uninsulated. I found this out by accident while removing the water tank display panel. Nothing up there except the outside fiberglass shell. - rear cap also had no insullation. found this out while sorting out the mess of AV wiring and components stuffed into the upper cabinets. - cheap windows that have large gaps between the sliders and fixed panes, plus weep holes, etc. Definitely not all season windows. - highway driving is quite wallowy, especially when any pickup truck or larger passed by. - engine ECU lost programming while RV was stored plugged in to land power. RV had to be towed to a service center. - had a turbo pressure sensor hose blow, resulting in limping through the remainder of our trip and many panic calls to Tiffin support. Once home, another trip to the service center. - passenger slideout fiberglass shell underside cracked from sitting directly on the roller mechanisms. They installed aftermarket plates to try fixing this. - very soft paint finish that scratches and scuffs extremely easily. On the plus side, a professional body touch up (buffing) > $1000 can restore much of the original look.
- Bryan, Idaho

2019-11-13 2015 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP View Listings

I have been RVing for 35 yrs. Have had Tiffins Bus,Pheaton and Open Road, Tiffin is the best buy you can make for the money.Mr. Tiffin and sons stand behind their product as do their dealers. Never had a bad experience with their people. Only problem I've ever had is waiting for service,they have so many on the road,but have a super service at Red Bay.
- bross411941, Alabama

2019-11-12 2016 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA View Listings

WE HAD A 34 TGA GAS MOTOR HOME,AND THERE IS NO COMPARISION IN RIDE,QUIETNESS,FUEL ECONOMY , THE FREIGHTLINER CHASSIS, AND THE 360 CUMMINS DIESEL HAS THE POWER, IN SHORT WE HAVE TRAVELED THE LAST 4 YEARS WITH REGULAR SERVICE DONE IN GAFFNEY WITH NO PROBLEMS. COACH HAS NO DAMAGE,ALL APPLIANCES AND SYSTEMS WORK ,TIRES AND BATTERIES ARE IN GOOD SHAPE
- ALLEN FRANKLIN, Florida

2019-10-28 2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP View Listings

My review might be considered a bit prejudiced as I’ve only owned Tiffin Allegro buses since I started Full Time RVing. I initially looked at other brands but after talking to current RVers and sale staff at RV dealers I settled on the Tiffin brand. While I initially was looking at a Phaeton I discover a great deal on a year old Allegro bus. We are currently on our second Tiffin Allegro Bus. I can state without a doubt I’m completely satisfied with my purchase. I believe that at this price you would be hard pressed to find a coach equipped with the options a full time RVer needs or wants in other brands. Are other better equipped ones out there? Yes there are but you will pay more and in some cases much more. The best thing about owning a Tiffin is the service after the sale at their Red Bay service center. Their customer service is outstanding and they have this thing called good will repairs. During one of my visits the bill was just under 800.00 after a short visit with the folks in billing dept the actual bill was less than 10.00. I can highly recommend a Tiffin Allegro Bus for full timers such as me and the wife as it has the comfort, dependability, and quality we looked for in a RV. When you find yourself in Red Bay stop by the factory and take your he tour.
- Dave Derbort , Alabama

2019-10-25 2012 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

We have really enjoyed the motorhome! It is a comfortable ride, spacious and the layout is comfortable. Plenty of storage, in the kitchen, bedroom and bathrooms. Having a half bath in the middle is ideal for guests.
- Bernard Uffelman, Texas

2019-10-14 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

Gorgeous motorhome in pristine condition. Doesn't even looked lived in. Owners have taken excellent care of inside and basement areas. Generator starts quickly and is very quiet. It's on our short list!
- Kathy, Alabama

2019-10-13 2016 Tiffin Phaeton 44OH View Listings

This has been the BEST RV I've owned. The powerglide frame beats out the Freightliner. Lots of power,love the layout. Smooth riding with tag,easy to turn. Have gotten many many compliments. Color is fantastic.never run out of hot water. Many more features.
- Red Ashley , Texas

2019-10-08 2012 Tiffin Allegro RED 34QFA View Listings

We bought a 2012 Tiffin Allegro RED new in June of 2012 from a dealer in Ft. Lauderdale FL. In Oct. we made an appt. for light warranty work to be done in February 2013. When we arrived they didn't know who we were. They jerked us around for 4 days doing nothing but washing it 3 times. On the 4th day I was so upset that I left after telling them about my frustration and they could not have cared less!! We should have realized then that was just the beginning of a long journey. We had problem after problem both big & small,including having an $8400 repair to the DEF system after only 38000 miles and we even experienced the infamous "Tiffin Crack". But we persisted thinking that it would get better around the next corner, but that corner always seemed to be around the next corner. So after 7 years of this and multiple trips to Red Bay for repairs we decided that these were just expensive pieces of junk and we had enough and sold it. The MSRP on our rig was over $214,000! This industry and the people in it all treat you like you're just a dumb annoyance to them! So if it's your idea of a vacation driving your rig to Red Bay or some other repair shop...knock yourself out! You have been warned!!! Just one man's opinion.... P.S. Red Bay isn't all that easy to work with either!
- Alan, Massachusetts

2019-10-05 2005 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH View Listings

Tiffin coaches are top-of-the line motorhomes. Their quality is above the rest and the customer service in Red Bay, AL is 5-star. Our coach is an older model and has held up superbly - indicative of Tiffin's quality reputation!
- Jenny Homan , Georgia

2019-09-30 2013 Tiffin Allegro Phaeton 40QBH View Listings

My friend and I had this RV and loved it. Had no trouble with the engine or driving. If u want to travel the country then this is the way to go. My friend dies this past March. The is the reason it’s being sold.
- Carolyn Conner, Louisiana

2019-09-27 2016 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH View Listings

Bought new Aug 2015. Tiffin top notch company in MH industry. Quality #1 in all workmanship. Excellent coach design, woodwork outstanding, good quality furnishings. Plenty of cabinet & closet storage. Bays easily accessible and water tight. Tag axle provides tremendous stability negotiating tight curves and competing with 18 wheelers on the highway. Love the 450 Cummins engine, plenty of torque to climb the steepest mountain. Great engine retarder helping slow on mountain descents. Love the smart steering wheel with cruise control and wiper controls. Most always drive with cruise on. Good mpg at 8.5 mi/gal towing. Used MH about 100 day’s per year. Made 4 nice long trips: out west to Glacier National Park, Canadian Rockies, and Pacific Coast. Up to Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Montreal, Niagara Falls. Out west to Seattle by way of Branson, MO, Denver, Page, AZ, Crater Lake, OR, and return by northern states. Last trip was to Boston, Gettysburg, Washington, DC, Outer Banks. Rest of travel to nearby places in the southeast. Also weekend trips to Disneyworld w/ granddaughters. On two trips returned to Florida with a stop in Red Bay, AL where Tiffin makes their motorhomes. Factory tours are available. They do service work on their coaches at the best prices to be found and their expertise cannot be matched. The Tiffin family stands by their product! We had a 38’ Fleetwood Expedition before buying our Phaeton. Loved the first coach but the Phaeton has been an upgrade in all aspects. More solid quality coach, improved driveability, and terrific living quarters. Engine and all operational systems on the Phaeton have performed flawlessly. Some of the Phaeton features we love are: 1 1/2 bath, larger, full shower stall, all electric coach eliminating messing with propane, heated porcelain floors, dishwasher, surround sound, TV locations, fireplace, dual window shades w/ sun and night shades. More living space with 4 slide outs versus 3. Love the one bay that has the sliding tray for easier access to items. Electric reels for electric cord and white water hose makes setup and takedown much easier. Love the aqua hot heating system. Constant flow of hot water for showers. Silent forced air heating in cold night weather. Heat pumps on roof work fine but do make for more noise, just like when they run to cool the coach. We are sad to be leaving the RV travel lifestyle. Started in 2011. Now approaching 77 next spring, must recognize it is time to make an adjustment for our future travel using planes, hotels, and car rentals to get around. Gosh we have had so much fun getting to see God’s country....all 48 states, some many times plus locations in Canada. We have over 20,000 photos to relive our trips over the years to come. All the best travels to whomever takes ownership of our Phaeton. She will be missed!
- Tom Virag, Florida

2019-09-14 2016 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH View Listings

Very nice coach in quality and comfort. Very good condition, everything works great. Can be a turnkey coach for the right price, tow bar, Air Force One Auxiliary braking system for your tow vehicle, and tire monitoring system for all tires including towed. Lots of options all electric coach with aqua hot system. Heated floors, fireplace,dishwasher, washer and dryer, wall safe in closet. Four smart televisions, in motion satellite system.
- Tim Davidson , Florida

2019-09-10 2019 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH View Listings

Purchased our Tiffin Phaeton 40IH on 31 August 2019. Still sitting at the RV Country dealership two weeks later waiting to get repairs due. From day one the main awning would not work. Still waiting on parts. From day one front TV would turn on automatically any time. TV was replaced but that one was damaged during shipment so it didn’t work. Still waiting for replacement TV. The shower door guard at the bottom was damaged letting water seep onto the floor. This did get repaired. The Clear coat protection on the front was peeling off in two places. Dealership found someone to repair the clear coat. Found a couple of small bubbles in the repair. You would expect that an expensive motor coach would have been checked thoroughly before being turned over to the customer. Granted after all the paperwork was done I was notified of the deficiencies and told that they would be repaired. Still sitting here at the dealership waiting. Patience is a virtue but there is a limit that is quickly approaching.
- Hoyle Cook, Nevada

2019-09-05 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH View Listings

This is our 5th motorhome We are also former 5th wheel owners, so you can see we know how to take care of our units. We recently went back to Red Bay Alabama and everything checked out. This unit has a built in dishwasher that my wife loves.
- Richard Wynd, Arizona

2019-09-04 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42QRP View Listings

Great RV Like new condition. We travelled around the US and for 12 years went from Massachusetts to Naples Florida to our home state every October and back to Mass in May.
- John van Der Wal, Florida