Tiffin Allegro Bus Reviews on RV Insider (94)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Tiffin Allegro Bus RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bill Burns from North Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2008 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42QDP View Listings

All motorhomes have design flaws, engineering miscalculations, and manufacturing mistakes. What is important is access to good remediation, a cooperative manufacturer, service techs that know what they are doing, and immediate access to replacement parts. No manufacturer is better at fixing a motorhome than Tiffin. Most reputable non-Tiffin service centers will tell you Tiffin is the best at standing behind their products. Tiffin is a production builder so one can expect some quality control issues, but they are far less than their competitors. The service center in Red Bay AL is the best place to repair a Tiffin motorhome. After full timing for 7 years I believe the 08 Allegro Bus 42QDP is an excellent choice for living comfortably. It is easy to work on and Tiffin has corrected, at their expense, the design flaws. It is an easy coach to drive and handles excellent at high speeds. The newer AB are fancier but not any more practical. Some of the new features look better than they are functional. The 07 AB and prior models have the smaller entrance door which is a pain after using the wider entrance door. The QDP floorplan has a sink in the bedroom and that is a great benefit when aboard. We found this floorplan, and the options we chose, to serve us well. We never had the thought "I wish I could buy a new motorhome because this one is lacking......" The stock Billstein shocks were replaced with Koenig. The ride is dramatically improved. We had the good fortune to meet Bob Tiffin prior to ordering AB. His advice on ordering a tag axle proved to be very beneficial. Where else can you walk up to the owner's office and ask to speak with him. We have visited him several times and he is always a gentleman. If you get the run around from a service tech, call Bob and it will be corrected immediately. If you are considering a used motorhome, Tiffin is one of the best options. Be sure and get to know the owner, if possible, and make sure you get the service records. Do not be discouraged if the list looks long. Run away from people who say "I have never had any trouble with my motohome." A knowledgeable man once said: "I thought I was buying a motorhome, not a motorhome kit."
- Bill Burns, North Carolina

2020-10-17 2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP View Listings

Please read all my comments. I admit, there were a number of problems, which are not all that untypical in a unit with such satisfaction. But the warranty support is off the chart!! I even had a few calls from Bob Tiffin himself. He is amazing and really cares. Actually, all their staff follow through and want to help and help fast. It is obvious that comes from the top down. They even took care of some things beyond the stated warranty that they felt should not have happened to me. What really impressed me also, is how much repair people like working on Tiffin. They pay them promptly and do not nickel dime them I have been told. One thing that does, is it gets service people easily to come right to your motor home and many times ahead of other motor homes companies because they screw them around. Cash is king for any business, so if they do not have to wait ridiculous amounts of time to get paid or get their time reduced when it is justified, they really appreciate it. Everyone, let me repeat that everyone. from other owners to repair people speak highly of Tiffin. I bought my first one because of Tiffin's reputation and I am thrilled I did! I have owned a couple of 4 motor homes, American Eagle for example, and I could not imagine owning anything else than Tiffin going forward after talking to owners of other brands and my personal experiences. And the Rv that you get for the money is taking you into a higher class for short money! Don't hesitate to get one. You will be so glad you did.
- John Gehrisch, California

2020-10-13 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP View Listings

I have owned 5 motorhomes over my lifetime and my 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP was easily the best. We love the floorplan and all of the comforts it offers. It drives like a dream. Tiffin has been exceptional regarding their service by the factory and by their dealer network. I would recommend Tiffin to all of my friends.
- Mike Cowen, Kentucky

2020-08-24 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QXP View Listings

This RV has been excellent for the past 5 years. Anything that went wrong was immediately repaired. I recently had this RV serviced by Freightliner in Mt Vernon, Wa. The following repairs were necessary: one slide motor, replaced all slide toppers, replaced one spring in Awning, replaced step motor. Brand new toilet due to me dropping it while replacing seal.
- Montey, Washington

2020-08-05 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP View Listings

Driving and towing relaxed, easy and comfortable. Easy to maintain. Easy to keep clean with all tile floors. Cherrywood cabinets are spacious. Like having a dishwasher and the fireplace is great on chilly mornings. Aqua hot heating is very comfortable. Bath and 1/2 a nice feature. King sleep number bed makes for a good nights sleep or maybe a nap. Large closet area. Slide out storage trays with refrigerator/freezer.
- James Harner Jeanette Buxton , Pennsylvania

2020-07-04 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 36QSP View Listings

This is a comfortable ride for road trips. Good on fuel. Dual Air conditioning is so comfortable and heat if needed. We lived on the road for 3 months. Residential refrigerator/freezer is awesome big The seats are made like pleather , no rip or tares. Marble floors are so easy to clean. And hook ups let you wash and dry your clothes. We put these in brand new last year!
- Gail, California

2020-07-01 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QXP View Listings

We loved this RV. We had never owned a diesel on a freight liner chassis. The ride is incredible and beyond our imagination. We were told it was an easy smooth drive , but this unit is so smooth that you could leave a glass of ice tea on the counter the whole trip and not worry about a spill. I loved the braking system. I love the air ride. I love the electric extras like electric cord reel and electric water hose reel. I also loved the water filtering system. I love the entertainment system. Perhaps my favorite is the instant hot water system Aqua Hot.
- DANIEL LEBLANC, Louisiana

2020-06-24 2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP View Listings

This is our fifth Tiffin, compared to our other 5 coaches we really love it. The valid air levelling and manufacture support is second to none. We get lots of compliments on it and it really is a pleasure to drive. We haven’t had any major issues just a few cosmetic things but service center corrected all of them.
- D banks, Manitoba

2020-06-10 2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40DP View Listings

This was the most desirable coach in the high end quality we looked at. Everything about it was Top quality and luxury. Reliable and easy to drive compared to any gas coach we have ever been in. Best all round investment. Ours was a 400 diesel with the Allison transmission. I expect the best made as most people know. Highly recommend purchasing one if you want quality in craftsmanship and serviceability. A good used one through a private owner is best option if you want to save money in the purchase.
- Carol, Ohio

2020-04-23 2017 Tiffin Allegro BUS 37AP View Listings

Had many small problems in the first year mostly due to poor quality control and pre delivery inspection both from factory and dealership. Due to the very poor service at our dealership we had most of the problems taken care of at Red Bay. They were unable to fix an erratic problem with our power lift bed refusing to work occasionally and so I finally took care of the problem myself by wiring a separate switch connecting directly to a battery connection. I am presently working on repairing a Schwintek slide as well as trying to locate a faulty infloor heat sensor. I must say that Bob Tiffin and his staff have been good to me, even extending my warranty by one year. I will recommend Tiffin to anyone but the Dealership we purchased it from to no one.
- Al Zeghers, British Columbia

2020-04-15 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42QDP View Listings

We gave “Livability” 4 stars because of the position of the TV, front mounted & because of having to high step into the shower. Otherwise this has been a very comfortable coach to live in full time. It has adequate storage for everything we’ve needed. “Overall Quality” was given 5 stars because after seeing many other coaches of the age, this is far superior to most. “Floor Plan” was given 5 stars because for a 42’ design, there is great living flow for both of us. “Driving/Towing“ was given 5 stars because it handles extremely well. After replacing the OEM shocks with Koni shocks, the handling significantly improved making driving it very pleasurable. You have to be careful with it because it likes to go fast. Towing the Jeep in all kinds of terrain is smooth. “Factory Warranty/ Support we gave 4 stars because Tiffin has stopped any repairs of motor homes greater than 10 years old. However, there are plenty of qualified companies to service our rig to our satisfaction in Red Bay, AL. Their support has been, in the past, superior to anyone else in the industry that I know of. I would highly recommend this RV to anyone because of all the upgrades that have been made to the coach. With an engine having just over 6000 miles, a three year warranty, & a new AquaHot system, this is almost like a new bus.
- Timothy Sikora, Texas

2020-03-25 2015 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP View Listings

Powerglide chassis drives straight and solid, no wandering even in high winds. Plenty of power to tow. Comfortable interior with 3 TV's, reclining euro chair and footrests in couch. Heated tile floors and fireplace keep it cozy year round. Lots of storage in easy to access pull out trays. We like it so much we ordered a new Tiffin Bus with the same options and floor plan.
- Craig, California

2020-02-24 2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP View Listings

Solid unit with excellent customer service. I recommend Tiffin as one of the top brands in diesel pushers. The features and design of the coach have been well thought thru. Any time I've had an issue customer service is quick to help me troubleshoot and send parts when needed. Best of the best in my opinion and we have owned several.
- Bert Echterling, Texas

2020-01-30 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP View Listings

Best RV we have ever owned. Superior quality! Very livable floor plan, lots of storage space, upgraded features such as dishwasher, residential refrigerator, stackable washer and dryer, king bed, bath and 1/2, fireplace,etc.
- Steve, California

2020-01-23 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP View Listings

We had originally considered a 40' Phaeton but decided on the 37AP Allegro Bus because of the 450 HP engine. This bus drives like a sports car! It takes mountain switchbacks handles in traffic like no other motor home I've ever driven. The nice features like key-less entry, upgraded entry steps, heated floors, etc made feel like a home. My wife and I spent 6 months out of the year travelling all over the country in this motor home, towing a Ford F150 without any issues. She even felt comfortable driving it because it is so easy to handle. The size makes it acceptable in many parks where the larger tandem wheeled beasts aren't allowed. Another benefit of the 37AP. I would highly recommend it, especially the 2016 model (which had very few warranty issues over the 4+ years we've owned it).
- Michael Alberts, Florida

2019-11-13 2015 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP View Listings

I have been RVing for 35 yrs. Have had Tiffins Bus,Pheaton and Open Road, Tiffin is the best buy you can make for the money.Mr. Tiffin and sons stand behind their product as do their dealers. Never had a bad experience with their people. Only problem I've ever had is waiting for service,they have so many on the road,but have a super service at Red Bay.
- bross411941, Alabama

2019-10-28 2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP View Listings

My review might be considered a bit prejudiced as I’ve only owned Tiffin Allegro buses since I started Full Time RVing. I initially looked at other brands but after talking to current RVers and sale staff at RV dealers I settled on the Tiffin brand. While I initially was looking at a Phaeton I discover a great deal on a year old Allegro bus. We are currently on our second Tiffin Allegro Bus. I can state without a doubt I’m completely satisfied with my purchase. I believe that at this price you would be hard pressed to find a coach equipped with the options a full time RVer needs or wants in other brands. Are other better equipped ones out there? Yes there are but you will pay more and in some cases much more. The best thing about owning a Tiffin is the service after the sale at their Red Bay service center. Their customer service is outstanding and they have this thing called good will repairs. During one of my visits the bill was just under 800.00 after a short visit with the folks in billing dept the actual bill was less than 10.00. I can highly recommend a Tiffin Allegro Bus for full timers such as me and the wife as it has the comfort, dependability, and quality we looked for in a RV. When you find yourself in Red Bay stop by the factory and take your he tour.
- Dave Derbort , Alabama

2019-09-04 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42QRP View Listings

Great RV Like new condition. We travelled around the US and for 12 years went from Massachusetts to Naples Florida to our home state every October and back to Mass in May.
- John van Der Wal, Florida

2019-08-16 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QXP View Listings

The Tiffin Allegro Bus is a great coach for full time or extended living. Quality materials are used from floor to ceiling to insure that it will last. Tiffin's service and standing behind their product is legendary in the industry. Mr Bob Tiffin can be reached by phone and that is unheard of from the CEO of large company. The Cummins engine, Allison transmission, and Spartan chassis on our unit makes it easy to drive and provides a quiet, smooth ride. Our 40 QXP has a floorpan that suits our style. You may like something different but make sure its a Tiffin!
- Bill Kelly, Michigan

2019-07-29 2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP View Listings

I see why people choose these to live in although we don’t. Floor plan is incredible, comfortable furniture, storage everywhere unlike its competitors. Really a blessing to own and travel in. If there were any cons would be not having enough time to travel and tick off our bucket lists
- Susan Whitson, British Columbia

2019-07-03 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42QRP View Listings

This RV has given us a super time to explore the whole US from the Northeast thru the Northwest Going down to California , Utah,Arizona, the Balloon Festival in New Mexico and back to the South East States Florida ,Key West, Naples, Marco Island and Georgia and back North including Maine and part of Canada. Now it is time to remember our trips and have someone else enjoy our Motorhome and enjoy this wonderful Country
- John van Der Wal, Massachusetts

2019-04-21 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP View Listings

we have owned 6 Motorhomes over the last 21 years from 36-45 feet. Although we don't spend extended periods of time in a motorhome as we have in the past, for the size this is the best floor plan we have seen. The 37AP is quiet, rides great, good power and overall enjoyable to take trips in. Quality is equal to or better than other top brands and customer assistance is 2nd to none. Tiffin people are great to deal with. you can't go wrong with this unit.
- Charles , Tennessee

2019-04-03 2008 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QSP View Listings

Couldn't be much better. Have had zero issues with this coach other than replacing the tires this year have had no large expenses. Battery maintenance is a key factory for proper system function. Inverter and charging systems require charge of some function to keep all systems charged as required. (the charge can be minimal BUT inverter will not kick in if voltage reading is too low). Can be frustrating if not checked regularly with coach being stored. Remember batteries will go to zero in 6 weeks if not attended to. Drives and handles great with the Tiffin Power Glide independent suspension. 425 Cummings gives me plenty of power, do not even feel the dingy being towed. Have also towed a 24ft. enclosed car trailer fully loaded with 57 OLdsmobile with zero effort. Like I said "Great Coach"
- Michael J Pemberton, Nevada

2019-03-24 2011 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP View Listings

Incredible unit for the money, high quality unconditional value. Rides/drives exceptionally well. High end all wood cabinets, world class accessories and amenities. Workmanship/craftsmanship outstanding. High gloss all ceramic flooring no cheap smelly carpets. The best RV for the money, period.
- Guy Jackson , Mississippi

2019-03-10 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42QDP View Listings

Fabulous bus. Family owned company that not only survived the ‘08 financial downturn but flourished. I’ve owned my Allegro Bus for 7 years. Best RV ever! I’ve owned a Newmar Dutch Star before and this Tiffin has been my favorite by far. Obviously designed by people who understand RVing.
- Jim Smith, Oklahoma