Thor Motor Coach Windsport

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Windsport RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Walter H. from North Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

We loved this floor plan. That was where all the fun ended. Thor quality control does not exist. We have had numerous problems and calls to Thor resulted in no help at all. Appliances that were never wired to electric, damaged parts that were colored to make them look like they were not damaged. Water leaks in the plumbing system. Parts falling off the Motorcoach. Certainly not what you would expect when you spend this kind of money. Support after the sale from Camping World and Thor does not exist. Once sold you are pretty much on your own.
- Walter H., North Carolina

2021-10-13 2019 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Purchased this RV a little over a year ago and have used it 4 times. Each trip was a joy and all aspects of the vehicle performed in an excellent manner. There are several upgraded items on the RV that I never used; I either did not know how it worked or had on need. The unit came with a satellite dish, but no receiver ( never needed)cable was fine. There’s a Windgard WiFi ranger located on roof; previous owner removed router; I used cell data, but unit on top works well if a router is installed. There’s a solar control panel ( see picture) that I have no idea what it controls or operates. I’m thinking it’s to some how maintain the house batteries while in storage. This motor home is super clean and in excellent mechanical condition. I’ve changed the oil twice since I’ve owned it. Currently there are 9600 miles, 2600 of which I put on the vehicle. The exterior paint is excellent and no noticeable scratches. The ladder to top of unit is bent, however, the bend is so uniform that the ladder actually looks like it was manufactured that way. All accessories I’ve purchased will be included with purchase.ie, wheel/tire covers, all sewer accessories, water hoses, electrical cord, jack pads( never used because auto levelers work great) and outdoor carpet. So now the answer everyone is wondering……….. if you love this motor home so much why are you selling? My wife and I have be camping for 40; tents, pop ups and travel trailers and Class C. This is our first Class A and………….. my wife is so scared while underway it has taken all the pleasure and joy out of the journey. That’s it, plain and simple. We will most likely move back to a trailer in the near future, but for now it’s time to reevaluate 😎
- Bill Busick, North Carolina

2021-09-29 2013 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34E View Listings

Have owned the Thor model for this year 2013. Was well made. Little to no issues. Especially like the full body paint and Solid surface countertops as an upgraded option. Would prefer to eliminate 1/2 bath to make more room in bedroom.
- Patricia H, Florida

2021-09-27 2016 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 31S View Listings

The RV is amazing and I enjoyed driving it every time. It is a reliable vehicle and and perfect for long drives. There is a lot of space and comfortably fits 8 people. Everything that is essential is included in this RV and will not disappoint.
- Assad, California

2021-09-08 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Best bang for your buck luv lay out! Plenty of room bath half some small issues mostly cosmetic though Irish maple cabinets look awesome L shape sofa great design plenty of storage tons!!! Letherette couch is a bit cheesy scrapes easy Dinnette is roomy also i like cloth/ letherette combo Real pull down cloth shades pull curtains around front cab the driver passenger seats are kinda slippery but cumfy roomy front cab could use more soundnproofing handels over all good at 75 mph like v10 tows great out side midnight paris paint skeem awesome looks over all we luv are almighty thor!!! **** 4 stars for the money jamie zee
- Jamie zee, New York

2021-09-03 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35C View Listings

Overall it has performed well.The only problem was with the rear Ladder. While climbing it the ladder moved and it turns out it broke away from the RV. The screws came out and one of the pipes holding the ladder broke. They would not pay for a new one because the warranty was only god for a year and it was about 1 and 1/2 years old.
- Terry Totenhagen, Nevada

2021-05-27 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Couch drives really well, smooth and comfortable ride. Floor plan is very spacious and plenty of storage. Outdoor Kitchen area and fridge are really a good plus. Have had it for three years and this is my second RV, so I have to admit I have been pleased. First trip out, I did have two issues that had to be fixed. The motor on the step needed to be replaced, and the slide got stuck out due to the gear being installed slight askew. After fixing the slide issue, it has been trouble free for three year. I wish the decals were better quality, but maybe that is what you get at this price point. The service at the local RV dealer has been TERRIBLE, but calling Thor they have been great and resolved my issue with the motor and slide promptly. If you have reasonable expectations at this price point, its a real nice RV.
- Joseph Ochoa, Florida

2021-04-28 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Cheaply build. Drawers have plastic latches and quit latching within 3 days. Electric jacks quit working after 5 months, wallpaper separate in slide outs, water leak from frig, panel that handles all lighting slide outs and more quit the day we brought it home, good Sam membership is a joke, parts order for repairs take 3 months and longer to order, electrical issues, but drive good. I the shop more than we can enjoy outings. They are total lemons. Hate this 2020 WindSport and once it’s paid off, I’m going to junk it where it belongs!!!!
- Ouida Kirton, Arkansas

2021-02-25 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Pieces fell off while driving first time out piping not connected Sami flush came up buckling linoleum 56 repair items generator would kick off with microwave on tail light fell off emergency start switch didn’t start the jack system had to reprogrammed three times brand new house batteries would not hold charge has been at dealer for nearly 5 months Thor’s representative Jim Aschenbrenner did nothing ... l like the layout this was bought new in 2020 from the dealer
- Bob Geier, Utah

2021-02-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

Own a 2017 wind sport 34j , yes it is out of warranty. And all the leather products are pealing or ripping. Called Thor they tell me that the leather product is no longer available . Why is it bad. They say can’t help as out of warranty and not giving any good will. This Rv has been covered since bought , has only 8900 miles on it . So basically would never recommend Thor to anyone , as like any other dealer , once you buy the don’t care about there product Thanks Never a Thor owner again
- Bill, Florida

2020-12-21 2014 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 32A View Listings

Very disappointed to see Thor bought Tiffin. Was looking at new Tiffin purchase but swore to never buy Thor again. Thor refused to help me with interior when fabric began to fall apart after 3 years which cost me over $10,000 to replace. Guess I'll but used next time.
- Tom Watts, Florida

2020-11-13 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34R View Listings

We bought a 2020 Thor windsport in September 2020 new and the quality control is nonexistent. It has about 10 items that were not taken care of at the factory. We are still waiting on camping world and Thor to make all of the warranty repairs. If you have well over $100,000 dollars to throw away then Thor is the company to buy from. There motorhomes SUCK!!
- Thomas, North Carolina

2020-11-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

the worst rv i have ever owe no. warrenty on unit from our anyone if buy it used cabinets falling off ceiling counter top coming apart roof plywood delaming bump out ruping on the floor soft spot in the floor
- bryant borland, Wisconsin

2020-09-20 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Really bad quality. No sense of pride..build is terrible leaks piped not connected under sinks..wall bulging..screws on floors and in cabinets..non working front ac water pump and toilet room has hole in ceiling..steering is awful wheel canted left..outside compartment doors dont shut fly open when driving..electrical problems in dash no lights in dash smog light issues and only one month old..roof appears to be separating from rear cap...camping world wants me to drive form tx to indiana to factory..as it's too much for them to deal with....stay away from thor products if you want to keep your sanity
- Jamedon, Arkansas

2020-09-16 2008 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 36R View Listings

Like the miles looks in good condition. How many owners? Does it has a clean title? Any roof leaks? Saw some dust underneath the gas tank where is the unit stored? Please advise I am interested in the rv
- Ernie Vasquez, Texas

2020-09-08 2019 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Worst Motorhome I’ve ever had. The bunk has never worked and after taking it into BYoung RV multiple times (mind you it’s a year old) and purchasing the extended warranty, it’s a piece of 💩. The dealer is nothing but hassle factor and charging for everything. Buyer beware and read reviews....wish we had!
- Kim Kelley, Oregon

2020-08-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Nothing but problems with it had in Shop more than camping now the decals are discoloring and looks really bad can’t find anyone that can give me any good answers Been doing this after warranted ran out
- R S white, Arizona

2020-05-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27B View Listings

When we first bought our rig new it’s levelers didn’t work but once that and the small things were tended to it’s been a great rig. We have had it since 10/9/18 and have been to 26 different campgrounds/resorts. Including 2 weeks in the Keys ( don’t recommend it in June with only one air conditioner) We love our small rig because of its drivability and small enough to get into most parks/resorts. Things I wish- wish the seating was more comfortable but we need the jackknife couch for the grandkids. Wish I had more counter space but we have brought a TV tray that works for that purpose.
- Patty Hanley, Florida

2020-02-29 2016 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 32N View Listings

Love our 2016 Thor Windsport 32N. Great floor plan and very livable. Good amount of storage and comfortable ride. Have had a few years now with no major mechanical or other issues. Love the full size refrigerator and built in ice maker.
- Jana Walls , Oklahoma

2019-11-16 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

I bought this rv in 2016 it looked real good when I got it ,but it didn't take long before it started to fall apart,first trip the frig. cooled good I mean real good it froze every thing in it,even on the warmest setting,I had to take it to two different repair shops to finally get it fixed.The thermostat was behind the insulation. Within a year the paint started to fade,and the decals were turning black it looks like when they were installed someone put there hands on the sticky part on the inside you can see finger prints and hand prints under the decal and they are turning black.The wood under the slide out is getting dry root and I live in southern Arizona,the screws that hold the trim on the elide out are rusted out. The generator also has problems,it shuts off with a code It was a power surge code and no one can seem to fix it. I have owned 3 motor homes and this one is the biggest piece of crap that I have ever owned.unfortunately I can't post any pics. If you want to see them e-mail me at rvrfsh@yahoo.com and I will send you some. Let me say in closing that I will never buy another Thor product.
- Clyde Aldrich, Arizona

2019-11-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27K View Listings

We have brought our Rv in three times for maintenance bed above driving seat coming down pantry door opening while driving and put whole in cupboard Scream door put dish on never worked took back second time still fish did not work plus back up camera didn’t work Third time made appointment and sat in lot four weeks never got into shop we advise we needed back in two weeks they said ok . They told us they were under staffed had no workers Answer to first visit fixed all except door wasn’t under warranty second visit visit bed broke again . Husband fixed circuit board for generator and now we have leak in roof and trying to get in before are extend warranty and it up in feb I will try to get before and pls pray we get them fix or we will pay someone els pls write back. Burlington wa
- Alvin smith, Washington

2019-10-31 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

We set out on our dream of owning a class A motorhome, and despite all negative reviews we chose Windsport 34J. Great features and floor plan, but the quality of the build has been an absolute nightmare. Just thinking about it stresses me out. Thor does not support their product or their dealers. Features are useless if nothing works properly and one thing after another breaks because it is junk. They build a subpar product blast it out the door and put all the owness on the dealers. The dealers can't fix stuff and Thor is like too bad, and the customer is left in the middle with a pile of crap. This industry needs a rude awakening on quality. If you want a nightmare, buy a Thor from Camping World, lethal combination.
- Richard, Washington

2019-10-29 2016 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27K View Listings

We bought this RV new. The floor plan is great. The quality and support are not acceptable. There have been problems with the leveling system that took the dealer four times to fix, by then the coach was so twisted that the slider and door do not work right. The dealer and Thor say "not my problem". When it is set up and it rains the inside floods. Thor says take it to the dealer, the dealer says (after three times in the shop) "we cannot find a problem. This problem started before the warranty expired but now I have to pay the dealer to try finding it. Other problems include leaking shower, leaking plumbing, furnace not working. I would recommend that anyone wanting a RV to not get a Thor.
- Roger Day, Colorado

2019-10-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 31S View Listings

The floor plan is well laid out and plenty of room for everyone. Having an outside kitchen is a great convenience and the outside gas hook up for your grill is great. Love having the outside TV. The V10 has plenty of power to climb hills and tow. My 14 foot trailer pulls like its not even there. Storage is good but wish outside compartments were bigger. Did not like the way it handled going down the road till I up graded the suspension now it drives and handle really well. I do not recommend using Camping World for warranty work. I have had really bad experience with them. I had to find another Thor dealer to repair my RV.
- Steve Snow, New Hampshire

2019-10-01 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

What a lemon. We purchased this RV brand new. The initial list of problems contained 14 items. Since then, the steps have broke twice, the awning fell off, the hot water heater stopped working, the cab bed won't stay up, the kitchen table won't lock in place, the Jack's stopped working, the rear camera stopped working, and one of the awning arms sticks out. These are just the big issues, there are too many little problems to list (drawer locks breaking, trim falling off, etc). I love the layout of the coach but the problems have made vacationing with it a nightmare.
- Ed Kluk, Michigan