Thor Motor Coach Windsport RVs Reviews (41)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Windsport RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Walter H. from North Carolina says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Windsport RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

We loved this floor plan. That was where all the fun ended. Thor quality control does not exist. We have had numerous problems and calls to Thor resulted in no help at all. Appliances that were never wired to electric, damaged parts that were colored to make them look like they were not damaged. Water leaks in the plumbing system. Parts falling off the Motorcoach. Certainly not what you would expect when you spend this kind of money. Support after the sale from Camping World and Thor does not exist. Once sold you are pretty much on your own.
- Walter H., North Carolina

2019-11-16 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

I bought this rv in 2016 it looked real good when I got it ,but it didn't take long before it started to fall apart,first trip the frig. cooled good I mean real good it froze every thing in it,even on the warmest setting,I had to take it to two different repair shops to finally get it fixed.The thermostat was behind the insulation. Within a year the paint started to fade,and the decals were turning black it looks like when they were installed someone put there hands on the sticky part on the inside you can see finger prints and hand prints under the decal and they are turning black.The wood under the slide out is getting dry root and I live in southern Arizona,the screws that hold the trim on the elide out are rusted out. The generator also has problems,it shuts off with a code It was a power surge code and no one can seem to fix it. I have owned 3 motor homes and this one is the biggest piece of crap that I have ever owned.unfortunately I can't post any pics. If you want to see them e-mail me at rvrfsh@yahoo.com and I will send you some. Let me say in closing that I will never buy another Thor product.
- Clyde Aldrich, Arizona

2019-11-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27K View Listings

We have brought our Rv in three times for maintenance bed above driving seat coming down pantry door opening while driving and put whole in cupboard Scream door put dish on never worked took back second time still fish did not work plus back up camera didn’t work Third time made appointment and sat in lot four weeks never got into shop we advise we needed back in two weeks they said ok . They told us they were under staffed had no workers Answer to first visit fixed all except door wasn’t under warranty second visit visit bed broke again . Husband fixed circuit board for generator and now we have leak in roof and trying to get in before are extend warranty and it up in feb I will try to get before and pls pray we get them fix or we will pay someone els pls write back. Burlington wa
- Alvin smith, Washington

2019-10-31 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

We set out on our dream of owning a class A motorhome, and despite all negative reviews we chose Windsport 34J. Great features and floor plan, but the quality of the build has been an absolute nightmare. Just thinking about it stresses me out. Thor does not support their product or their dealers. Features are useless if nothing works properly and one thing after another breaks because it is junk. They build a subpar product blast it out the door and put all the owness on the dealers. The dealers can't fix stuff and Thor is like too bad, and the customer is left in the middle with a pile of crap. This industry needs a rude awakening on quality. If you want a nightmare, buy a Thor from Camping World, lethal combination.
- Richard, Washington

2019-10-29 2016 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27K View Listings

We bought this RV new. The floor plan is great. The quality and support are not acceptable. There have been problems with the leveling system that took the dealer four times to fix, by then the coach was so twisted that the slider and door do not work right. The dealer and Thor say "not my problem". When it is set up and it rains the inside floods. Thor says take it to the dealer, the dealer says (after three times in the shop) "we cannot find a problem. This problem started before the warranty expired but now I have to pay the dealer to try finding it. Other problems include leaking shower, leaking plumbing, furnace not working. I would recommend that anyone wanting a RV to not get a Thor.
- Roger Day, Colorado

2019-10-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 31S View Listings

The floor plan is well laid out and plenty of room for everyone. Having an outside kitchen is a great convenience and the outside gas hook up for your grill is great. Love having the outside TV. The V10 has plenty of power to climb hills and tow. My 14 foot trailer pulls like its not even there. Storage is good but wish outside compartments were bigger. Did not like the way it handled going down the road till I up graded the suspension now it drives and handle really well. I do not recommend using Camping World for warranty work. I have had really bad experience with them. I had to find another Thor dealer to repair my RV.
- Steve Snow, New Hampshire

2019-10-01 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

What a lemon. We purchased this RV brand new. The initial list of problems contained 14 items. Since then, the steps have broke twice, the awning fell off, the hot water heater stopped working, the cab bed won't stay up, the kitchen table won't lock in place, the Jack's stopped working, the rear camera stopped working, and one of the awning arms sticks out. These are just the big issues, there are too many little problems to list (drawer locks breaking, trim falling off, etc). I love the layout of the coach but the problems have made vacationing with it a nightmare.
- Ed Kluk, Michigan

2019-09-01 2013 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34E View Listings

Just returned for a 2 month trip across country, Florida to Alaska and back, with little to no issues. Some cosmetic issues with interior but otherwise a great experience. Loved the layout, the room and accessibility and easy to drive. We are looking at another Thor model to downsize for our small family.
- C Higgins, Florida

2019-08-23 2016 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

The Thor Windsport bunk model is perfect for my family. It sleeps 10. It has 5 TVs. We drink a lot of ice tea and the ice maker keeps up with the demand. It has 2 refrigerators, one is at the out side kitchen. The outside kitchen even has hot and cold running water and sink. The motor home drives real good and very easy to drive. Your family will love this one. It has 1 long slide out that works perfect and a large automatic awning. Outside TV is real nice for tailgating. A bluetooth system makes it easy to listen to your favorite songs or navigating.
- DAN RODGERS, Texas

2019-08-19 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

My husband and I purchased a brand new Thor Windsport Class A coach from Camping World-Harrisburg(CW) in the Spring of 2018. The day we took delivery of the coach we walked through the camper, at CW's request, and created an initial list of "issues" that were defects from manufacturer delivery. We were told that the items noted at delivery, and any additional items we noticed that needed repair once we got out using it, would all be addressed at a 90-day post purchase repair. Unfortunately, 90-days from purchase was prime camping season, so we made an agreement with CW, the day we picked up the coach, to bring the coach back in for the 90-day repairs after the initial 90-day period so as not to be without the camper during our only months-long camping season. During our first couple of trips with the coach we made note of some things that were not performing up to the standards of a brand new coach and added them to the initial list. In Nov 2018, we brought the coach in to CW for the list of repairs we needed performed. CW had our coach from November 2018 to April 2019 and all of the repairs were NOT finished. CW said the reason was push-back from Thor on approvals, inadequate job time allowed, or just flat out lack of response from Thor Motor Coach for the warranty items. As the months dragged on, and work wasn’t being completed, we gave CW a firm date we needed to pick up the coach because our 2019 camping season was beginning. We purchased the camper to USE not to leave sitting in a repair shop for months upon months. FIVE months after giving our coach to CW for repairs, we were told that a number of the repairs had not been completed and that we would have to bring the coach back in again. We expressed our complete disappointment and total dissatisfaction at the work not being completed. At the end of May 2019 we received a call from Thor requesting we bring the coach back in to CW for outstanding repairs. I reminded Thor that CW had my coach for FIVE months and that Thor was asking to take my camper, again, at the height of camping season! I brought up the remaining list of repairs. The Thor Cust Svc rep told me to send over an email with the list. Upon receipt of the list, Thor denied most of the outstanding repairs including some that had previously been approved but not completed by CW!!! I’ve been sending email back and forth ever since and getting no where. Thor and Camping World have NOT completed the initial list we were told would be corrected at the time of purchase a year ago. The list of items that need repair are NOT customer maintenance issues. They are direct from manufacturer defects! At this point, I can not even trade in my coach for top dollar because of the items that need repair so I’m totally at a loss here. After having all of the trouble we’ve had, I only correspond with Thor and CW via email so they cannot say “we did or didn’t say…” or “that’s not what we agreed to…”. Unfortunately, emails go unanswered for days. They ignore my request to speak to a Manager, they ignore my request to specifically address the list of repairs that are clearly mistakes or defects from manufacturer. They have wasted months and months of our time and at the end of the day the coach hasn't been repaired. We now have a 1-year old coach with issues from delivery that we've been trying to have fixed for over a year! In the meantime of the initial list we've been fighting to have repaired, there is now an additional list of new issues that need repair. That request is also being ignored. I’ve written a complaint with the BBB and PA Attorney General’s office. We will never buy another camper from CW or Thor. Buyer beware!
- Jennifer Lessard, Pennsylvania

2019-04-14 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27K View Listings

I like that it is slightly less than 30 feet. It is long enough to live in for awhile but easy to take down the non-highway roads. The other-half likes the shower in the same room as the toilet and the sink. It has ample storage space. The one piece windshield gives you a nice, big, clear view as you are driving down the road or sitting in it "watching the world go by". The bedroom area is large enough to get around. I like the 2 way water heater.
- Kaeleen, Colorado

2019-01-31 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Let me start with love the R.V. but the initial purchase was bad, took off lot to test camp with it and found 15 items that needed fixing from small inside cosmetic items to body and paint work on the outside. We are the 1st owners of this home so we were shocked HOW much needed fixing BEFORE we could even enjoy camping.Thors warranty department was great but the facility fixing the coach was bad and went out of business. Just had fridge replaced after not even 2 years of using,also have to get furnace looked at this week not heating.....only good things are king size bed,easy to drive,lots of storages space and good price for outdoor kitchen
- Nina Cornett, Washington

2019-01-22 2014 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 32A View Listings

Purchased a 2014 Thor Windsport 32A used from Camping World Nov. 2015. One year later the living room slide stopped working properly. Had to replace the mechanics on each side but still didn't go in and out evenly. Took it to Camping World to find out that one of the slide rails was not on the metal plate so was dragging on wood which was what was causing all the problems. Lipperts said it would not have come off the plate if it was installed correctly. Thor has refused to cover this because it is out of warranty. My contention is that it was defective manufacturing from the start and even though it took that long to be noticed they should stand behind their product. From a lot of reviews it doesn't seem like they care. This is my fifth RV and the worst one ever. Lots of other things have gone bad as well.
- SHIRLEY GRATTO, Georgia

2019-01-13 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

It's made well and it's very roomy! I thought we wouldn't use the L shaped couch because it might be too small of a walkway but we were wrong. Plenty of room. We couldn't believe how much storage there was inside and outside! And the drawers in the kitchen and the bedroom are large. 3 close mirrored vanity. My wife loves that and the vanity. It's nice to have our own bathroom and the kids and guests can use the 1/2 bath. Sleeps 8 is what it says about this RV but the dining table that sleeps two is probably better for 2 children. It rides super smooth and not too bad on gas either.
- Frank, California

Verified Owner

2019-01-08 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

Overall when we call Thor they have been very helpful. A recent issue came up with the "pleather" on the couch, driver/passenger seats, and the dinette. We bought the coach new in 2015, and have had many enjoyable trips. During the last trip in November 2018, seemingly overnight, the pleather started to disintegrate. It is peeling and noticeable holes have appeared. Our coach is out of warranty, but we called Thor to see if they were aware of a wide-spread problem or manufacturer defects. We talked with several representatives and a supervisor over several days. Their repeated point was that the coach was out of warranty, and nothing could be done. Yes, that may be true, but there was never any expression of concern or sympathy about the problem we were having. I don't think we are the only ones having this problem. For this reason, I would never purchase a Thor product again.
- Melissa Kobel, Florida

2018-12-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

I love this RV! It's super roomy. It has lots of storage space! I couldn't believe how much I could get in this RV between the inside storage and the outside storage. It has 1 and 1/2 baths and that's awesome for the kids and company to use the 1/2 bath and we get the master bath right off our master bedroom! It has really big dresser drawers and a nice 3 door closet. It runs great and the drive is easy and smooth. The only thing is, there was some tighten of screws once we settled into our first campground. Things loosen up in all RVs and so this isn't because of this particular rig. Living Room and bedroom slide outs. sleeps 8 but one of the beds would fit 2 small kids. Not 8 adults. But the other beds fit the 6 adults. All in all, we love it!
- Randy, Idaho

2018-12-22 2016 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35C View Listings

Inside layout is good. Like the separate shower. Holds the road very well with very little movement from passing vehicles. All problems found and repaired. Windshield wipers were a problem but seem to be OK now (very important for FL downpours)
- Dale Olmstead, Florida

2018-09-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

We love this RV as it is easy to handle and feels like HOME! We've lived in it for months at a time, towed our Jeep Wrangler with it, and driven cross-country with it. It's comfortable and can seat 9 people inside with no problem (7 seatbelts total). The outdoor features set it apart from other RV's as it has an 18' electric, self-retractable, LED-lit awning so you can watch the outdoor television or listen to music outside, while cooking on the grill that's hooked up to the RV propane supply. Use the outdoor refrigerator, counterspace, and sink! The King-size bed in the private master bedroom is spacious and super comfy. Then you have the queen sleeper sofa (real mattress), the electronic loft bed which is full-size (again, real mattress), and the twin size bed in the dinette. The fridge, freezer, stove, and oven, and microwave, supply everything you need to cook or bake great meals. This is definitely 'glamping' at it's finest!
- Carol, Michigan

2018-09-04 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27B View Listings

First off we loved the floor plan, JWRV in Vegas is the best dealer in town, period. We had a few problems, leveling system, coaxial distro to the TV's and the inverter. But its all about who you bought from, Johnny Walker takes care of there customers, I have never heard from Thor other than a thank you letter. It doesn't handle the best on the Highway, but that is not a surprise at this level.
- Bill Jett, Nevada

2018-08-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

We've had our Thor for over a year now, lived in it for 3 months, now just use for vacations and overflow houseguests. It's been mostly great - any issues we've had were taken care of at the dealer or troubleshot and fixed myself. It is definitely glamping at its best! Our own shower and toilet, the oven and stove work just like at home. My wife has baked and roasted in it many times! The outdoor kitchen is my favorite part. You can put the game on the tv or listen to stereo, have the awning out with the lights on (it automatically retracts if too windy), and cook on the grill attached to the propane tank! Outdoor sink and fridge are handy as is the outdoor shower. Priceless to rinse off the dog or your feet from walking on the beach. We go wherever we want, whether there's hookups or not.
- MikeJ, Michigan

2018-06-05 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 31S View Listings

Awesome unit. We love to travel in it. Only one negative is it tends to sway on the road, especially when being passed by large trucks. Otherwise very comfortable. Easy to set up. Outside kitchen is great.
- John Fillyaw, North Carolina

2018-05-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34F View Listings

I am not very happy with my coach. It is made extremely cheap. We hVe 3 water leaks around the shower, there are divers and bumps and softness in the floor out side the bathroom in front of the closets. Also the posit in the cab where the bunk raises and lowers is coming of the wall. We have had our coach for 9 months now and are living full time in it. No matter whist the temp in the refrigerator, fresh foods tend to freeze. Oh yeah the floors squek. Wish now I had not purchased it.
- Cyndi Fouraker, Florida

2017-11-21 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

Bought this unit new. Problems from day 1 including gaps in floor covered up by the lino. Toilet sewer line is poor engineering so that it constantly plugs. Bunkhouse has pulled away from wall because they didn't use any nails or screws to hold it together. Overall, incredibly poor craftsmanship. They do not stand behind their product at all.
- jeff d, New York

2017-06-20 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34F View Listings

this our third coach. we loved the floor plan with the ability to sleep our 8 adults and outside amenities. unfortunately the quality is the absolute worse. the level era never and I mean never work when we travel. they have been worked n 8 times between two dealers,. the stairs have stopped working for the 5th time. they have a mind of their own and go in and out when they feel like it. other issues have been plumbing leaks int the walls, heavy corrosion in the battery bay which has ruined the plumbing fixtures, the rear ladder fell off, a number of internal and external moldings have fallen off and the generator died the first year. thor has been useles in support and their craftsmanship is by far the worst I have ever experienced. some of our camping friends now joke at the piece of crap and what won't work on the coach when we travel together. don't by a thor coach until you test it out completely!!
- dee man, New York

2017-05-04 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34F View Listings

The Windsport would be fantastic if it worked! Thor's quality control is the worst I've ever seen. Their warranty department points fingers at the dealers, and will not go above an beyond to help out a new customer. I had drawers that wouldn't latch, an inverter that didn't work, and the generator would not power the coach. The dealer tells me the whole thing was wired incorrectly from the factory. How is that possible? I had to remove a few panels to troubleshoot problems and found nothing but dirt, sawdust, leftover screws, etc. They do nothing to clean out areas you can't see directly. If you have allergies beware! I'm really hoping to love my Windsport someday when it works like it should have on day one.
- Stephen Kessler, Nebraska