Thor Motor Coach Tellaro Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Tellaro RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

George Carver from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Thor Motor Coach Tellaro 20LT View Listings

Thor Industry' lack of quality control is appalling. We bought our 2020 Tellaro two months ago, and the list of defects/flaws is 13 long and growing. On our first big trip, the grey water hose compartment, secured with a super cheap latch, opened, tearing off the hose and the door. Then...when we reached our destination, the BD Pro console and entire electrical system and failed, leaving us to live in a VERY expensive tent for 5 days. Fortunately I'd brought along a camping cooktop, a grill, and two coolers! We bathed in lakes. So, gang, For $100,00 this is what we got on delivery: --no heat or stove. Turns out gas connector to propane tank under camper weren't connected --BD control panel for turning on the furnace and hot water don't work. Looks like the the furnace has not been activated. --Seatbelts for the bench-seat aren' long enough for a medium size adults. --Kitchen drawers fly open when driving around corners. It appears they all need a better latch system --Bathroom wall buckled and unuseable. --Small Wall panel missing below bathroom. Found part, and figured out they couldn’t install it without removing the entire shower pan. --Dining table was misdrilled so it couldn’t open fully. Also, it’s a terrible design, could hurt someone who wasn't careful opening it --Ladder to pop-top is ¾” too long, creating serious safety hazard --Extendable bed frame was under-desgined and never tested under load. Broke off the first night we slept on it. Had to repair it so we could continue our trip. In the process, I discovered most all woodwork is put together with cheap (but fast fast fast!) staples. --Veneer is super cheap and hastily applied. -- on vinyl veneered bedroom wall, was 8.5”x11” piece of paper with equipment listing and serial numbers of all installed equipment. The adhesive was so strong, veneer peeled off when we tried to remove. ----Caulking by front door and other place is already cracking --Sawdust, loose nails, and chunks of sheet metal behind drawers & cabinets. Truly amateur assembly throughout and no evidence of quality control. Thor should be ashamed of themselves. When I was a teenager in the 60's, my dad bought a new Chrysler New Yorker. When he went to pick it up, he discovered the dashboard was missing! This was right before the Japanese auto industry ate our lunch for the next 20 years. Sure wish they made RV's
- George Carver, California

2020-08-25 2020 Thor Motor Coach Tellaro 20AT View Listings

In the last six months I have had 16 parts either replaced or are still waiting to be replaced. Everything from broken toilet, sliding door, the awning twice, flooring coming up, USB port, etc., etc., etc. I get little to no help from Thor. Thor blames my service dealer, the service dealer blames the vendor, the vendor blames Thor. No one wants to take responsibility and just get it done. Two of the issues keep me from camping in it. I’ve had it out a total of six nights in six months. And each time I return I have two or three items that need to be fixed. Wish I had never bought it. Hopefully this Helps others to find another brand.
- Susan Ryan, Florida

2020-07-07 2020 Thor Motor Coach Tellaro 20LT View Listings

What a disappointment! Not the coach, per se...Thor customer service! Have had 2 service reps ‘ghost’ me...after a few calls...no answering phone messages and no answering emails. Have 2 parts missing since I bought it in Feb —BUT—Thor can’t find the replacement parts since there is no part number (and altho I have sent them videos and pictures of where the parts go) —And since there are no parts —I can’t get them a part #!!!! Catch 22 I guess. Have a laundry list of issues that are SLOWLY starting to get resolved. I can still camp in it...and love it when I do...but REALLY? You pay this much for a new rv and have issue after issue??? Look elsewhere!
- Susan Ryan, Florida

2020-06-17 2020 Thor Motor Coach Tellaro 20LT View Listings

The dealer, Alpin Haus, is great. The manufacturer is not helpful and does not care about customers. They will not answers questions about their equipment. I recommend researching the quality and service of other manufacturers and put Thor at the bottom of your list.
- Eileen , New York