Thor Motor Coach Reviews on RV Insider (861)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-01-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

For an entry level RV this unit does very well. Handling down the road is car like and it pulls a trailer loaded with a Gator with ease.Fuel economy with the Mercedes diesel is in the 13/14 mpg and will run all day on interstate. The well planned out interior is very livable and I'd recommend it to the couple or small family looking to get away.
- Richard Wheat, Virginia

2021-01-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I had decided to purchase this RV because it has All my bells and whistles. It's So cute! Found a used one at a great price, but after reading all the comments, am petrified to purchase! I can imagine getting stuck somewhere, a senior citizen, and not knowing what, or how to repair anything! First, I feel I will need to find a reliable repair service before purchase! The 22FE is the RV of my dreams, just the right size for me- 24ft, I can't let these comments deter me! Thor and Camping World, u have a beautiful product. Please Honor your warranties and TEACH the service people what they need to know! I am a potential buyer, I Really love this RV! STEP UP, so I can purchase, PLEASE.
- saharajj23, Tennessee

2021-01-10 2020 Thor Motor Coach Magnitude SV34 View Listings

The quality of this RV is a joke.. There was NO quality control on my Coach.. Aren’t we planing to explore America in is Coach?? I would like a RV that could handle that. Not drive 2 hours back to shop after every trip.. Here’s the run down for starters: Slide did not work from day two.. Coach has been back to dealership more than I can count. And still nothing really resolved..Still not working properly. Unhappy with the purchase to say the least. Slide malfunction override has been the normal way to get to come or out, you must override the system. Fuel filler lines has a vent or something.. too small of lines. Prepare to be at the pump for 40-50 min. Tricking fuel into it. Because pump handle will shut off, acting like it’s full. Back window broke out while driving. Font overhead Bunk window cracked from assuming vibration or body roll. Cabinets drawers all bottoms are made of balsa wood.. joke. Had to take to cabinet shop and redo all pull out drawers. Screws coming lose everywhere. Shower leaked 1st time use no caulking... Slide digs into flooring leaving rub mark. No HDMI cables to all TV. So when you o install SAT only option is inside at OH bunk until I figure that out. Couch is not comfortable FYI. Having to have the slide out to get bed down bad design especially when slide doesn’t work. Not even sure why mobile eye is on this makes the left blinker bussing very annoying. Dealership in Alvarado TX, worst service dept. I’ve ever seen. Bottomline Thor is not a Quality RV. Ford part is best part of the rig. Should have air suspension. Extremely rough ride for passengers in back. Not to mention very loud in back too. Maybe the model of the truck should be a platinum with ac seats too, instead of a no cab option pickup. Wheels and tires look so small on this unit. Which prob is the reason backend drags on departures of fuel stations. Can’t speak to other brands in this space, because I bought this one. Wished I had read my review and looked a little harder at the other brands. Just saying I’m trapped with this one for now. Doesn’t mean you have to be. Good Luck Or THOR just charge more money for the Coach and build it Right. People will pay more for quality. Not Fake Quality On positive note it has Nice looking paint design on the exterior.. Lip stick on a Pig.
- A.W. Smith, Texas

2021-01-07 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24C View Listings

Just purchase a used 2016 Four Winds 24C. The Thor manual is useless, unbelievable! Still cannot locate the low point drains and apparently no way to rinse the black tank. Any suggestions appreciated! Great layout for 1 or 2, however due to COVID, most campgrounds are closed in California - still waiting to enjoy!
- Kathy, California

2021-01-05 2015 Thor Motor Coach Majestic 23A View Listings

Nickle dime me to death.fan clutch water pump new plugs new fluids.rear brakes alone 1200...torque converter toast....recurved reject..only 11600k..paid 33 will sell for 29..yes all works well but crap will break it's an investment in time and money if you have both you're fine and RVs aren't meant to drive all over the place they're meant to go from one place to another where you stay there for a week or a month a lot of people don't get that plus camping ain't so friendly anymore and it cost as much as a motel That's why I use mine I go glamping drive from hotel to the motel
- Allen, Nevada

2021-01-04 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Handles like a SUV on the highway. Low end torque is better than the big Ford engines on our previous motor homes. And it comes with GPS and n incredible stereo system. Gas economy is 2 1/2 times better than my gas motor home! The induction cooktop and LED lighting make dry camping possible because it does not tax the batteries like older motor homes.
- Joanne Powell, Arizona

2021-01-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

Don’t buy Thor , my new Palazzo has been in for repair 6 times ! The most recent involved a soft floor in the kitchen slide , technician told me floor was too thin to support slide ! Turned in bill to Thor and because I’m just beyond 1 year warranty they won’t pay !! No more Thor products for me !!
- Jim Danbom, Iowa

2021-01-02 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

We have been traveling in this RV once a month for a week during 2020. We have enjoyed this RV and have towed a Mini Cooper with it. It is great on gas mileage even towing. Comfortable for us and has everything we need. Big refrigerator, lots of cabinets for inside storage and adequate basement storage. It looks brand new on the outside and well maintained. Inside is very clean and still has a new feel. Hot water on demand, shower big enough. Queen mattress comfortable and lots of closet space. Full slide on drivers side adds a lot of room. Great way to travel without concerns of COVID. This Class C is a great RV.
- Karen Beck, South Carolina

2021-01-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 37RB View Listings

I bought this RV brand new at North Trail RV in Fort Myers, FL. I used about 5 times the most and it has only 12k miles. I don't even know where to start. All I know is that I will NEVER buy a Thor product again and that's a promise. Everything is of very, no, extremely low quality. The seats are destroyed, the slide motors (even after they were replaced) are failing, the cabinets (OMG) are falling apart, the auxiliary motor and module for the tank broke, the back door had issues, the batteries failed, the suspension is making noise, the roof has a leak, and the list goes on. I hope Thor will contact me so I can enumerate everything. All I can say is, don't buy Thor. And I visited their plant to see the manufacturing . Imagine if I hadn't.
- Dercilio Oliveira, Florida

2020-12-29 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Love that you can park it in a regular parking lot at a park or a grocery store. It's compact enough to manuever like a large van, but with the slide out is spacious for a family. The Ford engine is a workhorse and there is never any issue with climbing a hill, no matter the slope.
- Jonathan Steinberg, Washington

2020-12-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Maclains rv in fort worth Texas is the place to go for the best deals For Rvs. You won't go wrong and the salesmen are very knowledgeable They have a wide range of Rvs to choose from And rest assured you will find the Rv that fits your family
- Leslie Schoenberg, Oklahoma

2020-12-24 2021 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38KB View Listings

This RV was exactly what we needed/wanted. A few adjustments were needed after we picked it up in Oct. 2020,Thor took care of them. We love it. Our best was 11mpg, with loaded garage. We are enjoying it almost weekly. Its only been 2 mos, but so far, no problems.
- Victoria, Florida

2020-12-21 2014 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 32A View Listings

Very disappointed to see Thor bought Tiffin. Was looking at new Tiffin purchase but swore to never buy Thor again. Thor refused to help me with interior when fabric began to fall apart after 3 years which cost me over $10,000 to replace. Guess I'll but used next time.
- Tom Watts, Florida

2020-12-17 2020 Thor Motor Coach Tellaro 20AT View Listings

I need to update my 2 reviews from this Fall...and I'm happy to say that all my issues have been resolved and I am one happy "camper"! Turns out - most of the problems were with the SERVICE people who were unfamiliar with the new model. Had some VERY SHODDY work done at Camping World - which pretty much had to be REDONE by Lazy Days. All is good!
- Susan Ryan, Florida

2020-12-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A27 View Listings

Purchased a 2018 Thor Freedom Traveler one month ago and just noticed there's water on the floor after a heavy rain. I went on top of the RV and noticed that there were new sealant around the fixes, ac, other pipes, etc. Called the dealership because of the wet floor and not knowing where came from and sealing used coaches are customary. I'm nervous now because I believe weve been taken. They will look at it next week.
- Shirley Thomas, Florida

2020-12-13 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

I guess we got lucky this motorhome has been nothing but great for us. No issues at all except tank sensors. Everything works well just need more storage. This is a good motorhome or it has been for us!!!
- Karen Beck, South Carolina

2020-12-13 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

This RV has been great on all of our adventures. Weather were traveling 1000 miles away or going to the bay with friends on a picnic, she has always done well. The coach is very comfortable and the layout is one of the best we have seen. She has all the comforts of a one bedroom apartment and we have enjoyed the past 5 years with her.
- Eric, California

2020-12-09 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We purchased our 2014 Thor ACE 27.1 in early October of this year from the second owner it had 18,000 miles. Overall this unit is the best value for the dollar for a couple or small family. My wife and I and two Yorkies just completed a 5200 mile, 40 day trip/adventure with absolutely no problems. We upgraded the KING bed mattress to a Dynasty 10 in memory foam mattress purchased on Amazon.(extremely comfortable) Well worth the $545 . I made the decision to add a "Safe T" steering stabilizer, had the front end aligned and had the steering box tweaked a little, to minimize wheel movement in crosswinds etc. These three items made a huge difference in driving. These adjustments were made after 2000 miles. Wow what a difference. If you are going to tow something this unit has the best power to weight ratio of any of the other larger units. I tweaked a couple of other minor items on the front seats, and windows but small tweaks are to be expected with any RV regardless of the manufacturer after all this is a large box rolling down the roads (not all interstates are smooth) which moves things around. All in all we are very pleased with the quality and performance of the Thor ACE 27.1.
- Mike, Ohio

2020-12-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

I have had this coach for 3 plus years and cannot complain too much. The only major issue I had was the auto step was wired wrong and quit working but resolved by the local RV shop. Camping World had it for two weeks and when I git home still wouldn’t work, Other than the shoddy workmanship and intermittent hot water I have many good trips problem free. Keep a bottle of Elmer’s Glue handy and a tool kit. The cab and chassis have been excellent. 20 K miles. Tow a Mini Cooper and average @ 14 MPG
- Pete Albanese, California

2020-12-07 2019 Thor Motor Coach Omni SV34 View Listings

We out grew the Thor smaller class C so upgraded to the Omni. This particular floor plan works very well for us and the Ford F-550 chassis is awesome. We have put 4,000 miles on it and have pulled either our F-150 or a trailer ever mile. Other than a few minor issues such as having to adjust the awning and tightening up a few simple water connections the RV has been great. Our first Thor class C was great and never had a single issue with that one but these were very minor and less than an hour of work it was all good. We have owned every type of RV at least twice and some many more. You cannot expect to purchase an RV and not have a few issues and my guess is all who are happy never write a good review and all we read are the horror stories. So here is a real review from an experienced RV owner who is very happy.
- Rick Radavich, Arizona

2020-11-30 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34P View Listings

Nothing but trouble with this RV. Repairs are constant. Drawers, cabinetry, everything seems to be poor quality and workmanship. There’s nothing I wish for more than to go back to the day we traded our 5th wheel
- Morrisa Pruett, Arkansas

2020-11-25 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

This is our first RV. We have 2 little kids (2-year-old and 8-month-old) and the layout with bunks is perfect for our little family. We have a few complaints but overall happy with our purchase. PROS: Bunks! Only 33ft long so it's easy to find a spot in all National and State Parks It's a motorhome, so travel days are actually fun - you can use a fridge, bathroom, and have amazing landscapes outside or your home window! It's fun to take it to national parks and have picnics there with amazing nature around Set up is pretty easy with an auto-leveling system Fairly easy to drive and park Awesome queen bunk over the cab with large window (our favorite spot in the house!) Good looking interior and exterior CONS: - Very little storage because of the bunks - Living room is really non-existent - Narrow walkway leading from the bedroom to the living room (we hit that door with our shoulders all the time) - Not the best craftsmanship - had to beef up drawers in the dinette and fix a few minor things with cabinetry - THIS ONE IS FIXED: weak inverter and house batteries. We replaced our house batteries with lithium-ion batteries, got a stronger inverter/converter and 3 solar panels on the roof - now we can camp with no hookups for longer
- Anastasia, Indiana

2020-11-24 2019 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37FH View Listings

26months fulltime layout is great ,also plenty of storage in basement. Drive and handling also good. Factory support is excellent. Overall very pleased with coach no regrets. Very few problems and have done very few upgrades or repairs.
- Bill, Delaware

2020-11-24 2012 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.1 View Listings

I am looking at buying 2012 ACE can anybody let me know the good and the bad. I will be driving it up this winter from Denver to Alaska. I have heard some good things about the motorhome and trying to see if I am making the right decision. any advise would be appreciated. thanks
- James Keel, Alaska