Thor Motor Coach

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-10-16 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Class C new V8 has the power to get up and down mountain roads or just cruising highways. With new Smart drive handling system it handles great. Set the cruise at 63 and forget it. Averaged 10.2 MPG. The coach gets up and goes. Lot's or power.
- Terry, Florida

2021-10-13 2019 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Purchased this RV a little over a year ago and have used it 4 times. Each trip was a joy and all aspects of the vehicle performed in an excellent manner. There are several upgraded items on the RV that I never used; I either did not know how it worked or had on need. The unit came with a satellite dish, but no receiver ( never needed)cable was fine. There’s a Windgard WiFi ranger located on roof; previous owner removed router; I used cell data, but unit on top works well if a router is installed. There’s a solar control panel ( see picture) that I have no idea what it controls or operates. I’m thinking it’s to some how maintain the house batteries while in storage. This motor home is super clean and in excellent mechanical condition. I’ve changed the oil twice since I’ve owned it. Currently there are 9600 miles, 2600 of which I put on the vehicle. The exterior paint is excellent and no noticeable scratches. The ladder to top of unit is bent, however, the bend is so uniform that the ladder actually looks like it was manufactured that way. All accessories I’ve purchased will be included with purchase.ie, wheel/tire covers, all sewer accessories, water hoses, electrical cord, jack pads( never used because auto levelers work great) and outdoor carpet. So now the answer everyone is wondering……….. if you love this motor home so much why are you selling? My wife and I have be camping for 40; tents, pop ups and travel trailers and Class C. This is our first Class A and………….. my wife is so scared while underway it has taken all the pleasure and joy out of the journey. That’s it, plain and simple. We will most likely move back to a trailer in the near future, but for now it’s time to reevaluate 😎
- Bill Busick, North Carolina

2021-10-06 2022 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

What a complete POS!!! I already unloaded this piece of junk. Took a financial hit but thought if it's this bad already, what will it be like in a year from now. Chassis was great. The THOR house was pure junk.
- Bill Weeks, Pennsylvania

2021-10-06 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

We just drove our Axis from California to Florida over a 25 day period. The V10 on this smaller and lighter RV made mountain driving a breeze. This is a perfect RV for a couple with a pet for long duration trips. The three TV’s and the propane quick connect make it very easy to live comfortably. We did most of our cooking outside. The AC is excellent. My only beef is the grey water / black water hose hookup port. It’s pretty low, so you have to pay attention to the height location of the dump port.
- Douglas Clark, Florida

2021-10-06 2021 Thor Motor Coach Omni XG32 View Listings

Absolute nightmare - have owned the RV for just about nine months and have only been able to use it for about 1/2 that time due to constant breakdowns as follows: 1. Complete failure of tankless water heater 2. Grey water level meter failure 3. Leak at base of shower 4. Coach door latch that works sometimes 5. Propane leak caused by RIDICULOUSLY STUPID routing of the main propane line through the leaf springs when originally built by Thor - popped the line like a bubble 6. Complete failure of the bedroom slide motor Our dealer service department is part of the problem, also. It takes 6 weeks at minimum to get on their schedule. It takes two people in two vehicles two trips of 80 miles each way to drop off and pick up the RV. The RV has to sit, unused, while waiting for the repairs. Extremely disappointed in Thor Industries and this purchase.
- Michael Galvin, California

2021-10-06 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

We are moving and need the money right now, that's the only reason we're selling, we will miss it. We are non smokers so the inside is clear and clean. The Ford E-350 V10 is an awesome Engine and it has never failed us. It's just my Wife and I so the floor plan works extremely well for us. There's only 6010 miles on the RV so it is practically new. There are valve extenders on the double wheels in the rear and an upgraded radio and speakers. There are also speakers in the bedroom for those quiet afternoon naps. I know you'll be happy riding and living in our RV, it served us well. See you on the road.!!
- Nick Radan, North Carolina

2021-10-03 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

I bought the Aliner Scout 12 on February 19, 2021 and took it camping twice. In June I had a bubble on the side where it was delaminating, mold on the inside even though I used leveling blocks and the nozzle on the faucet fell off when I turned on the water. I texted pictures to where I bought it and they ordered new parts that were to arrive in two weeks. In two weeks they called for me to bring it in. I call often but this is October and still nothing has been done and I missed my trip to Yellowstone. :(
- Dawn Ward, Florida

2021-10-01 2016 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

I Purchased a Thor product because I was told it had very good reviews but now after 5 to 6 years owning the vehicle I’ve had so many problems throughout the years and now all the material on the couch and all the chairs are deteriorating and cannot be fixed. I contacted Thor and they cannot help me they said but I also seen a lot of reviews with the same problem. Why is this happening Thor should stand behind their product I will pass this on to whoever ask me about this vehicle when camping
- Marion Maushardt, Maryland

2021-09-30 2016 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

This is the most spacious of the 2016 Palazzos, and it was wonderful for being full-timers, and for taking the grandkids along with us at times, and even their parents. The refrigerator held enough food for a month, and the convection/micro was perfect. It was nice having a bath and a half and the shower is very roomy. The storage space inside and out is unbelievable and we could bring everything we wanted. The location of the 2 TV's inside and 1 outside were perfectly placed for all to view. Our only complaint was the material they used for the furniture and faux tile by the kitchen sink, all fixable. We are the original owner and downsizing now that we are not full-timers anymore.
- Cecilia, California

2021-09-29 2020 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 28Z View Listings

Pros: Loved layout, comfortable bed. Ovely hanging lockers and drawers.Big refrigerator. Shower was good size, tons of storage everywhere. Great visibility driving. Cons: Stove cooked a bit hot and fire alarm would go off. Passenger seat a bit cramped.
- Charles Steffen, Arizona

2021-09-29 2013 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34E View Listings

Have owned the Thor model for this year 2013. Was well made. Little to no issues. Especially like the full body paint and Solid surface countertops as an upgraded option. Would prefer to eliminate 1/2 bath to make more room in bedroom.
- Patricia H, Florida

2021-09-27 2016 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 31S View Listings

The RV is amazing and I enjoyed driving it every time. It is a reliable vehicle and and perfect for long drives. There is a lot of space and comfortably fits 8 people. Everything that is essential is included in this RV and will not disappoint.
- Assad, California

2021-09-26 2015 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 25.2 View Listings

It has been a few years since my last post and I would like to give an update. Here it is: First it came with an after market Safe T plus rv steering stabilizer which makes it drive as good as my Chevy Silverado. I don't feel any trucks or wind (no bare knuckle driving which is great). I put a small piece of white tape on the front windshield to indicate where I am in the lane and that is all). I can drive with one hand and coffee/soda in the other. The Michelin tires that came with it had tire separation at 5 years and 15,000 miles that is probably why they don't offer that particular one anymore. It had great 10 mpg. I replaced it a softer Toyo tires which gets 1 less mpg but we can now better talk to each other and listen to the satellite radio (after market). We changed the house batteries also at 5 years with 100 ah AGMs. Mainly because the factory charger is also designed to work with AGMs and I can jumper connect to charge a 26ah AGM power pack (for remote cell charging and listing to same detached satellite radio) from a 12 volt socket connector from the batteries below. At 6 years the door lock broke (cast iron door pull broke and had to use needle nose pliers and clamp tight with vice grips to pull hard to open the door so I could replace the handle). We now carry our 500 watts of solar panels on my hitch carrier along with two mountain bikes and the body of a bike trailer for the dogs. We carry two 84 watt evap coolers (one on each side of the bed) and a table I made for sitting one of the coolers at the passenger window and an outside shade screen for the front window and inside solar sun screens on all windows during hot temperatures (especially needed when it gets over 110 degrees). The other cooler goes in our 9'x9' pop up canopy we carry in the back compartment. 90 percent of the time we boondock in national parks so we can use our 50% off senior pass. Typically now $10 to $12.50 a night. (I remember when it was $6). We changed out the Lead acid battery under the L shape couch to a 100ah LiFePo4 battery/1100 watt power inverter (cut the board on the L shape to get better access to the inverter and charge controller also under the couch) and carry along a 300 watt griddle and a 600 watt microwave when we boondock. (Generator use has restricted hours so carrying an smaller microwave comes in real handy). We have evolved over the years and we really love our 2015 Vegas 25.2. (My last RV was a 27 foot 1967 Dodge motorhome and this one's size really reminds me of it).
- JAMES MORRIS, Arizona

2021-09-23 2019 Thor Motor Coach Axis 27.7 View Listings

The Axis 27.7 was our first RV. It is beautiful,easy to drive, and sleeps 7. We had many family adventures in it. The Triton V10 engine is very powerful and reliable. I highly recommend this RV floor plan for families or grandparents who would like to accommodate kids for vacations.
- Linda Day, Florida

2021-09-22 2020 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

This is my 3rd class A and second Thor Class A. We now have 8k on this unit. I am pleased so far the unit's fit and finish matches and exceeds our last class A which was a Winnebago. We chose this one because we are high mileage rv users and feel like the cummins and freightliner aspect will suit our needs long term. So far the unit satisfies the power I need to pull our toad. We love the residential frig and the fact it has two AC UNITS which the last rv did not. My personal pleaser is the air ride that makes my role as driver more comfortable and the handling is better than the last unit built on a Ford Chassis...... As I look back at other reviewers I get the feeling Thor has continued their efforts to improve quality....My experience is that Thor has supported the local dealership in assisting me with minor warranty concerns...I do intend to buy additional warranty before my 12 months is over previous experience tells me that a when i had an ac unit go bad the warranty was well worth having.... I would recommend this unit and buy Thor again...i know all machines fail and wear.... hoping my satisfaction continues
- Russell Miller, Maryland

2021-09-19 2020 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

Great features, very comfortable living. The vehicle handles well and can go almost anywhere easily. Plenty of power and stability. A very versatile motor home and a great size for a couple or family. Interior 84” interior ceiling height Residential vinyl flooring Rubber tread entry steps with lighted step wel) Drop down stairwell entrance step Metal entry grab handle Smoke, lpg, carbon monoxide detectors Fire extinguisher Hard vinyl ceiling Ceiling ducted air conditioning system High-sheen cabinetry with nickel finish hardware Pressed laminate countertops kitchen, dinette, and living room area Laminate countertops bedroom and bath Led lighting Wall cubby with net
- Gil Donatelli, Nevada

2021-09-17 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

Loved the power of the diesel engine climbing the Rocky mountains pulling a tow vehicle behind. Also enjoyed the exhaust break on the transmission and the ability to downshift, working with the transmission so that unnecessary braking on the steep downgrades was not an issue. We found the unit spacious, convenient and comfortable to be in for long periods of time while traveling and camping. Dry camping was never a problem because of the water storage as well as the generator that runs off of the diesel with the def in it so that it doesn't smell like a nasty diesel. The generator also seemed very quiet to me. I loved the residential size refrigerator and freezer. I could easily pack for 2 weeks of travel without having to stop for supplies. With the three burner range and the convection oven/microwave I could cook anything that I wished to. The basement storage units are large enough to utilize and the pass-through storage unit with the sliding tray not only has a light in it so you can see in the dark it is also heated so if you are traveling in colder climates nothing freezes if you have the heat on. I actually named it the mother-in-law's apartment. This unit did everything we wanted it to do and never complained. If we were both physically able to continue RVing we would still have this unit and continue to enjoy travel.
- Pat de Nagy, Colorado

2021-09-16 2016 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

As you know Covid has isolated all of us and this camper helped us move around the country to visit our grandkids. The Thor Quantum ran smoothly and flawlessly. Our grandkids and family spent great enjoyable times staying in the bunk beds and roomy accomodations. Using the 5 TV's, HDMI Video Distribution Box, and Cable TV and HD/DSS Satellite Ready really entertained us all.
- Jim Kelly, Massachusetts

2021-09-13 2022 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A30 View Listings

Purchsed this motor coach in Oct,2021 has 3340 miles we use 1 time to date traveling 210 miles round trip the rest form delivery miles and our 4th trip back to shop. we have had to cancel 4 planed trips with no refunds and over $500 in fuel cost so far back and forth to dealer. To date this coach has 27 ticket items to be repired and counting, the two major ones being fresh water tank leaking into coach, this coach has 1 main slide in with the side will not close called good sams roadside not enough tec's to handle the overwelming demand of calls, so much for road side assistance. Very poor quality as far as workmanship goes, my guess would be build them as fast as you can ,get them sold and let the consumer deal with the issues. Our biggest regret is buying this coach.
- Johnny I Archuleta, Utah

2021-09-12 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

We have had many different RV’s over the years to include bumper pulls, slide ins, Class A’s, Super C’s, and fifth wheels. Each has its purpose depending on our needs. The THOR ACE 29.3 is perfect for family trips up to a week and longer if you have full hookups. The floor plan layout is great for us and the various sleeping accommodations make the THOR a great coach that is short enough to maneuver in and around towns and smaller camp sites, big enough to give you room to be comfortable in camp sites or in truck stops at night while on the road. The “pet” window on the passenger side is perfect for our furry family members to also get a great view while driving and includes the built in pet dishes in the bathroom. The V10 is an outstanding power train and pulls our built up Rubicon JLUR easily, even through the mountains in Tennessee and Pennsylvania. It is a comfortable ride and easier to drive than several other rigs I have had. The ability to press a button to auto level, use the slide outs, and run the quiet generator makes this a perfect option for our travel which saves us money from hotels and allows us to stay in many different locations while on travel. The storage is not as large as a bigger diesel pusher, but is easier on the budget to purchase than many other class A or C vehicles, especially for those of us still on a working persons budget. When I retire I may move into a 40 foot diesel, but definitely need to adjust it into my budget as these are not cheap whereas our THOR is affordable now and allows us the ability to quickly jump in the rig and take-off for weekend getaways, visit our children and grandchildren, or just go see the sites for holiday weekends. I would recommend the THOR ACE for those looking for convenience on a budget while also being quite comfortable in a rig that looks and performs like the higher dollar models. The psychological approach to a class A vs a class C is minimal. Most feel the class C is easier to drive than the class A, but can attest I have had both and notice no difference between the two. That said, dealers use that psychology to price the class C well outside of a normal budget when the actual “normal” price of the rig would be comparable to the class A in any normal market. I have recently seen 10 year old class C rigs higher priced than the cost of the rig when originally sold. This is great for the owner looking to sell, but not good for the buyer thinking they can get into an older class C rig at a more affordable price. A savvy buyer can get into an older class A “gas” rig today at a great price and have as much if not more convenience for their family than what you would get in a current class C price. This does not mean I feel class C rigs are less than class A rigs, but do consider cost to price. In that logic, is the cost of settling for a higher priced class C with less options worth the price under the current market than getting a higher option class A for less money, also under the current market. COVID really shifted the RV market on its head as the layoffs and manufacturing shut downs reduced the availability of new rigs, which increase the cost of used rigs. Many people were put into a position they never thought necessary in the past when their jobs and income were impacted by COVID thus sold their homes and moved into RV’s to save cost. This rapidly reduced the used RV market and also shifted the way banks loaned money for rigs as they were losing money in home sales and when families moved into RVs, they started losing visibility on the RV they loaned money for and harder for them to repossess if payments were not made. That made the loan options for both new and used rigs almost non-existent and people needed to cash out their 401K to purchase a rig with cash. This also impacted the actual cost/value of the rig because of cash sales, which was great for a dealer, but reduced the options significantly for the working class family looking to purchase an RV but could not get the loan they needed regardless of the credit rating. Overall, a class A is a great option in the mid size range between 28 to 35 foot. I find this is the best overall length for families who do not plan to live in their rigs, but have a great platform to get away when needed. The same philosophy goes for class C’s, but currently they are priced well outside the cost/value range I would be comfortable with, especially when the economy gets back to normal and the price ranges of all rigs also goes back to normal. This is what caused the housing market crash in California during 2008-09 when homes were priced well over the normal price and when the market went back to normal, people had home loans well above the normal market and would never recoup that loss, thus started “walking away” from the loan. Common sense should always play a role in your RV purchase.
- Todd Rissinger, Florida

2021-09-11 2021 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

2021 Thor Daybreak 30 DB Its a piece of crap. Issues with everything. I think I was totally ripped off by the big name Thor. It leaks, slides never work, awning is broke, oven will not ignite from factory and no hot water. Tried to make appointment for repair. Note I live in this thing less than a year old and Gander will not service till 11/1/2021. Not at all happy.
- Terry Blair, Florida

2021-09-11 2015 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37GT View Listings

The rig is great. The slides could be better. We love the coach we just bought a boat and don’t need both. I’m not sure what else you want me to say. You should allow a person to opt out of this section. It’s a great couch.
- L ruckman, Florida

2021-09-11 2022 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 37.1 View Listings

We were pleasantly surprised to have zero issues with the Thor Miramar 37.1 on a quite lengthy trip from Naples, FL to Nevada and Colorado with stops in Texas, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Mississippi, Louisiana and many more. The floorpan and number of cabinets makes this an excellent family coach....hard to beat. Our daughter loves the bunks! The only disadvantage - nothing to do with Thor - is that the Ford gas engine simply does not provide the same downhill braking options like a Diesel Pusher. We drove the rig up to 11,000 feet with no issues but had to go slow (in very low gears) down. When working hard uphill, the engine also is a bit noisy, but not a major issue. Overall a lot of coach for the money and a great choice if you only do occasional mountain driving.
- Hans Till, Colorado

2021-09-08 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Best bang for your buck luv lay out! Plenty of room bath half some small issues mostly cosmetic though Irish maple cabinets look awesome L shape sofa great design plenty of storage tons!!! Letherette couch is a bit cheesy scrapes easy Dinnette is roomy also i like cloth/ letherette combo Real pull down cloth shades pull curtains around front cab the driver passenger seats are kinda slippery but cumfy roomy front cab could use more soundnproofing handels over all good at 75 mph like v10 tows great out side midnight paris paint skeem awesome looks over all we luv are almighty thor!!! **** 4 stars for the money jamie zee
- Jamie zee, New York