Thor Motor Coach RVs Reviews on RV Insider (666)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-01-22 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.4 View Listings

Bot new one year ago. AC heat went out immediately. Seemed to be a fuse problem. The dealer is 50 miles away so I took it to a local repair company. Fixed at my expense, then happened again, same fix. It then had 3000 miles on it and we took it to CA from Dallas. It was quite cold last month and the ac/heat went out again on the way and we had to buy a small space heater to survive the discomfort. Next thing the slide out failed. Fortunately it quit after it was closed. The space allowed here won't let me detail all the things wrong. My list of repairs for the service dept had 14 items on it. The service writer recognized my issues as predictable for the model but wouldn't comment further. He didn't need to. So many details wrong inside that I won't bore you with the list, suffice it to say that it is very cheaply constructed. They apparently wanted to offer it as an inexpensive entry point for a class A RV. To do so they cut many corners to hold the price down. I bought it for my wife and she is so disappointed. Pretty sad. Hate the thing and will trade it off, at great loss I'm sure.
- Edgar LIncoln, Texas

2020-01-22 2018 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 27.7 View Listings

Great MotorCoach that allows for family fun! Enjoyed trips to Colorado, Montana, South Dakota, and Illinois. Plenty of room for six people. Nice features, such as rear viewing! Three TV's. The one outside is great for tailgating. Easy to drive, too!
- Chris, Iowa

2020-01-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

Wonderful, easy to operate motor coach.This rig has all the power necessary to tow my car or motorcycle without forfeiting control and a whole lot of gas mileage. Very full featured, we have enjoyed every mile.
- Aaron Gersh, Arizona

2020-01-19 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A30 View Listings

Purchased it July 2019, 1 minor problem. In shop 1 day. Love the layout, plenty of power. Thor has a 800 help line if need. Easy to drive and wife drives it. Love the one big slide. The steps coming in the motor home is easy on ours hips.
- Ward, Alabama

2020-01-18 2017 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37TB View Listings

Our family of 5 loved our Thor Challenger. We've traveled all over and made such great memories. The layout was great, and having a second bathroom for our young girls was very helpful. The drop down bunk was a perfect personal sleeping space area for our older son, and the overall feel was quite roomy. Our favorite features included, the residential refrigerator, tons of storage, king bed, bunkhouse, extra half bath, driving comfort, 2 awnings, outdoor entertainment system, layout, comfort, dining booth,and more. We bought it brand new, and obviously we had a punch list of items that needed to fixed. If we did it all over again, we would buy the same brand & model, but 2 or 3 years old. It is from our experience personally, and in talking with others, that buying used is the way to go. By the time you get a used rig, the first/second year kinks get all worked out by Thor & their warranty support.
- Katherine Pack, Pennsylvania

2020-01-12 2019 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 37RB View Listings

Firstly, having had a few travel trailer toy haulers and having read a lot of reviews of Thor products, my expectations were quite low. Thankfully, at ~5.5k miles, we've had a fairly good experience. Winters in a nice park in FL and the rest of the season at a campground in North GA. Overall, for what it is, it's been pretty good. 2500lb capacity in the garage means we load the bikes and go. Haven't towed a vehicle, but we're getting ready to do so (Ford Ranger), in 2020. Issues: Leaking window in garage, slide recall, outside TV box was coming apart (inside) and some other nits. All of these were fixed on a return trip to the Indiana factory, covered by warranty. Inverter fell off it's mounting (four wood screws. Really?) on drive home, auxiliary fuel tank gauge inop, chipped paint on roof and back cover over the garage A/C unit (annoying). Other than the paint, I've taken care of the other problems. Drives pretty well for a gas engine and coach and has a pretty good useable weight. Mattresses are crap, but there is a lot of sleeping space. Only two of us and occasionally a weekend with the boys and it's all good for that use. The rear ramp/patio is excellent for grilling (put out the awning and grill in the rain) and outdoor shower is good for washing the dog after a run to lake or beach. The Axxera bluetooth unit in the dash is a little finicky, but is good enough. So far, so good.
- John Lavey, Georgia

2020-01-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

The ACE is easy to drive and has all the automatic comforts. When the slide outs are extended there is plenty of space for a family of 8. The master suite has a king bed with a privacy door-well thought out floor plan. There are several spacious storage compartments. This RV came with 3 TV's and a DVD player.
- Marcia , California

2020-01-07 2020 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 33X View Listings

We have owned several RV’s and this is the poorest built one we have ever had. It is currently in the shop with approximately 15 items being taken care of. We are full-time RV’ers and it has been in the shop for 5 weeks. We have had to rely on friends for a place to stay, not knowing it was going to take this long. The passenger and driver windows leak, inverter went out, firmware went out, tracks on drawers were poorly installed, duct for heating installed under bench seat poorly installed, bottom of entrance door not flush when shut, lock fell out of one of the storage compartments and others items. We love the unit but are so disappointed in the quality of the workmanship that we are sorry we purchased it, kinda stuck with it. Most of these items weren’t noticeable until after being used, ie firmware, inverter and lock.
- Dennis Gustafson, Kansas

2020-01-05 2019 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37KT View Listings

Upon searching for the perfect fit in what my wife and I desired in an RV, we knew the Thor Challenger 37KT would be the perfect one. Unfortunately due to a terminal disease, it sadly required us to cut our plans extremely short in getting to experience traveling the U.S.A. as planned. The livability of this model provides all of the comforts of home by literally dividing the unit up in three different sections if we wanted to do. Everything from slider living room doors, electric fireplace with heater to the comfort and relaxation area of the living room watching TV or reading a book and listening to music. The cabinetry is solid wood and not cheaply covered particle board. It's high gloss with deep storage area and plenty of them to meet storage needs. Thor took enough pride in their Challenger line to introduce these solid cabinets from their upper line coaches of the Tuscany line, very nice and great job Thor! The living room also included a drop-down overhead 54x74 bunk sleeping area above the cockpit that could easily sleep two if needed. Then as you walk back into the kitchen area from the living room you have a residential full size Whirlpool refrigerator in the very nice and well done kitchen area. It reminds you of a luxury studio apartment in the area of the kitchen. The kitchen provides an OTR Microwave/convection oven and two burner stove backed by a nice and decorative back splash. You even have the ability to watch TV while in the kitchen with one of the four (4) TV's that this coach offers. The dining table is free standing and comes with 4 very nice chairs which two of them are folding for storage. There is even a washer and dryer prep in this area of the coach. The bathroom is modern and roomy enough to feel comfortable. The hot water is provided by on demand need. The bedroom is equipped with a king size tilt-bed. This is a real nice feature. Plenty of dresser drawers and two (2) closets are provided for clothing. Cabinets are also above the head board and plenty of them that are deep as well. The ability to dim or brighten the lights throughout the coach also was a nice compliment to this coach. In the bedroom is the third TV. The outside features two (2) pitch adjustable LED lit awnings. The back awning is 16' and the front awning is 12'. Under the front awning is located the 4th TV with soundbar. There is plenty of through trunk/basement storage space. There is even a pet/multi-purpose tie-down link if you want to lock up a bike or grill. This is the perfect coach to RV across of country because of these creature comforts of home. Definitely a glamping unit. It's even pre-wired for solar panels. With the mirror camera's and rear camera, it made it very comfortable to navigate. On the interstate it drives like it's floating with minimal sway. Very impressive to drive and comes with an 8,000 lb. towing hitch. It also comes with a 5500 Cummins ONAN auto-start generator for boon-docking or if needed. There is a 105 lb. LP tank with an LP hook-up for grilling or an outside fire pit. I just can not brag on this coach enough. We even installed an in-motion satellite dish on our coach so we could watch TV with ease if we wanted. To add, their customer service goes above and beyond. Look out Tiffin! Looks like Thor may be creeping up. But hey! Life's too short, it's a vapor in time, so turn off the TV's and enjoy the beautiful country. Check out the Thor products. Thank you Thor for thinking of the customer/RV'er!
- Donald Payne, Florida

2020-01-04 2016 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 36MQ View Listings

I have owned several RV and in 2016 I bought the Tuscany 36MQ new and it is the most functional RV, perfectly laid out. The factory support was always helpful when needed.It is great on fuel. The past 3 years I have averaged overall 9.85MPG. I've had very few problems, most I took care of. Dealership and factory support was also great.
- munroer1, Florida

2020-01-03 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24F View Listings

This Rv drives like a car and is very easy to control while towing a vehicle. Ford V10 combination is the best in towing. Very compact but roomy inside with a full drivers slide. Very happy with all the features of the radio and rear camera.
- Steven Rigsby , Florida

2019-12-30 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

A very good RV overall. The large slide out gives you amazing room for the full timer and the weekend warrior as well. I love the multi sleeping arrangements with 4 beds. The outside kitchen with the BBQ Propane outlet lets you be with your guest outside. The outside sink is a bit small but useful. drivability is great and being as small as it is, the parking is amazing. If your looking for an turnkey vehicle with all the extras, the 29.3 is the vehicle for you.
- donald, Michigan

2019-12-27 2017 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TR View Listings

Love my Gemini but..recalls yes, this past summer the Ford Transit Blew the turbo on a trip and as of Oct 31 it won’t start and has been in the Ford dearlership for going on 8 weeks. They have NO idea. What do I do now?
- Karen Kenney, Florida

2019-12-27 2018 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Friends of our cut their losses and sold their Aria for a Dutch Star. The floor plan is great, but everything after that is a huge disappointment. The quality of the workmanship is extremely disappointing. We have had so many problems with the motor home that it would take me days to summarize. When you see discounts on the new models, it’s because the secret is out about quality and customer support. If you are looking for a very disappointing experience and a significant loss in value, buy a Thor and buy it from La Mesa. This is not a disgruntled customer expressing an emotional concern, this is a interested person trying to help others.
- Bill Norton , Florida

2019-12-18 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

The RV has been fantastic. My wife and I have decided to buy another Thor RV, only this one will have a Diesel engine and a washer dryer in the RV. In a year when I retire it is our desire to travel the United States and we feel that we will get a little bit more with the Diesel engine. We started looking at new RV’s and we decided on another Thor branded RV. We both like the layout and the size and feel that this will be a perfect RV for anyone that wants to travel around the western states or the southern states.The engine has plenty of get up and go and the gas mileage is not bad.With the slide out pushed out and the king size bed there is plenty of room. The RV has 3 tv’s, a gas cook top stove and a gas oven. There is also a microwave, a large shower and plenty of closet space for storage. The back up camera and two side cameras make it very easy to maneuver. The electric awning makes it extremely comfortable when parked. The outside storage is plenty and the outside speaker system is great. It has two new Michelin tires on the front wheels and the back four have plenty of tread left and are in good shape according to the dealer. It has been stored in a covered facility since it was new. It also has full body paint vs the decals which can peel over time. It has been a wonderful RV for us.
- Greg Yount, California

2019-12-16 2019 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.6 View Listings

We have owned this unit since June 2019. It was a “leftover” 2019 and, as such, had been on the dealers lot and at shows for the better part of a year. Consequently it had some cosmetic issues that needed to be dealt with under warranty. The only mechanical issues that needed attention were an alignment and loose steering issue along with a leaky tankless water heater. Overall I give this coach a B+. We love the roominess provided by the wall slide. The fact that it affords class a accommodations, like the driver and passenger seats becoming part of the living area, is a huge plus. The overall length of 26.5’ is fantastic for maneuvering in parking lots and getting in to smaller RV spaces easily. I will add that we also own an Airstream Limited, which is why we bought a Thor product. I find that the V10 gets about 11-12 mpg, which is as expected.
- Allan Herauf, Oregon

2019-12-16 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34F View Listings

Slide has issues all the time, sent pictures to service Department . Seats are peeling , quality of products for the price of the unit is Horrible and a rip off. I can’t give this thing away and I owe $74,000 from the $104,000 I got taken for !!! Bad bad customer service they pass the buck anytime you ask about something it’s not their problem ! You sold it you had the products put into it , it should be YOUR problem not ours !! NEVER AGAIN AND I WILL PASS IT ALONG TO OUR RV FAMILIES!
- Margaret McGorty , North Carolina

2019-12-12 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

I have had 3 trips and 3 problems. First the sink was not connected to the drain so first time water filled a draw and all over the floor. Second trip the battery in Mercedes went dead and had to have a jump and new battery. Third trip the coach battery is dead and Thor and Camping World don't want to replace after I only had it 3 months. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THOR OR CAMPING WORLD. Both are rip off!!!!
- Jon Taylor, Kentucky

2019-12-08 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

It would be ok if the manufacturer wouldn't skimp on interior trim. Had to take it in to get the draw rails in the bedroom draws reattached. They did a crap job. Ended up repairing them myself. Come on Thor. One small screw on rail brackets won't do it. Do not like cheap paper trim on cheap particle board. Battery cage is open and not protected from road debris. Lost both batteries from rocks. This caused the 12 power converter to burn out. Couldn't operate the slide outs or use interior lights. Fortunately, still had 110 volt. It's just made cheap. Total cost for the batteries and converter, 735.00. Not a happy camper...
- Dave, Virginia

2019-12-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds Super C 35SB View Listings

SORRY. What was to be wounderfull turned nightmare. 3 years in first year in Camperworld that's a different review, and just when we thought we had somewhat put it behind us with 8 thousand miles and a run in with a possible bird, or just ruff roads in CA. our cab on class c ford super c has sepperated RV from CAB silicon and screw connected. We are poor from paying Ins. extended warrantee ins. and failure of thor and there warrantees. camper worlds bad faith in repairs and holding RV long periods of time running out warranty of one year. leaving camaerworld and turning to private repair people just another failure in service complaints with National General Ins. paying for bad repairs and leaving us with problems has been no help either. It is now back for problem and we are in need to deal with them again. We are hoping we won't need to stay home with reservation in Jan. and no help with payment for repairs. Thor, camperworld, National Ins. are all the same people I believe and hamper repairs and service of RVers all over. PS don't buy a RV in Texas it will become a sinking boat. Stewarts
- Evelyn Stewart, California

2019-12-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

So disappointed in Thor , our seats are peeling the two captains seats the sofa the dinette cushions and bats faulty material has been used and our coach, call the manufacture spoke to Diana it’s been over a month and no response still no action is nothing this is disgusting We paid way too much for our RV to have this faulty material and it only my husband and I have been in it and we take very good care of our Rv , so disappointed , And can’t get anyone to do anything about it!
- Donna Ahlborn , Texas

2019-12-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Ordered parts for our RV. I had to go through a Dealer so I chose Total Value RV out of Elkhart, IN. I received the total of around $1695.39 plus shipping cost so I agree (thinking $200 max) When I received alert for my credit card was charged $2533.26. So that is $837.87 shipping.... Really, Im so disappointed in this company Thor. So to others out there.... Beware, Very dishonest company. They can make money off product. I dont think they need to gouge consumer
- Brent VL, Ohio

2019-12-03 2020 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Love the floor plan and quality of the unit.Few minor issues but that comes with all New RVs.Thor was easy to work with on the issues.I would definitely recommend this unit to anyone wanting a great full time rv
- Ryan Lasuer, Georgia

2019-12-02 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

This RV has been stored in covered storage since new. With the slide out pushed out the RV has plenty of room. The RV has 2 new Michelin tires on the front two wheels. The RV has has all of its services. My wife and I have decided to buy a new diesel pusher so that when I retire we can travel the U.S.A or possibly going to Canada. Our goal is to travel to every state in the United States. We have enjoyed the Thor A.C.E. and would buy another one if we wanted to travel in the western half of the United States. We have enjoyed sleeping in our own bed, eating food cooked in our own kitchen and using our own bathroom. We are both looking forward to owning a new one and taking off for 2-3 months at a time.
- Greg Yount, California