Thor Motor Coach RVs Reviews (565)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2019-08-23 2016 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

The Thor Windsport bunk model is perfect for my family. It sleeps 10. It has 5 TVs. We drink a lot of ice tea and the ice maker keeps up with the demand. It has 2 refrigerators, one is at the out side kitchen. The outside kitchen even has hot and cold running water and sink. The motor home drives real good and very easy to drive. Your family will love this one. It has 1 long slide out that works perfect and a large automatic awning. Outside TV is real nice for tailgating. A bluetooth system makes it easy to listen to your favorite songs or navigating.
- DAN RODGERS, Texas

2019-08-23 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22E View Listings

Overall design is good and the size is convenient. The quality of the workmanship is terrible. It leaked through a light fixture shortly after we bought it. This was due to improper installation of a solar panel fixture that had a missing screw and was not sealed properly. Thor refused to honour warranty because 90 day leak warranty had expired. Inverter box (transfer switch) shorted and melted almost causing a fire due to improper wiring-was replaced under warranty. This was extremely scary with smoke in the coach during the night. Other issues included a hole in the exterior, defective water pump, defective coach battery, misalignment of drawers, cabinets, fridge and outside door, sawdust in light fixtures, and cracked sealing panel. Most issues except pump were covered by warranty, but the constant inconvenience associated with all the repairs should not occur with a brand new unit. We were not happy with this purchase.
- John O'Donovan, Alberta

2019-08-21 2015 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37GT View Listings

Like the floor plan and easiness of setting up at location. Class As have less room than trailers. Driving is as most other owners I have talked too is ,"white knuckle". You'll need about 4 to 5 thousand up grades on the suspension it make it safe.
- Damon McElvain , Arizona

2019-08-19 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

My husband and I purchased a brand new Thor Windsport Class A coach from Camping World-Harrisburg(CW) in the Spring of 2018. The day we took delivery of the coach we walked through the camper, at CW's request, and created an initial list of "issues" that were defects from manufacturer delivery. We were told that the items noted at delivery, and any additional items we noticed that needed repair once we got out using it, would all be addressed at a 90-day post purchase repair. Unfortunately, 90-days from purchase was prime camping season, so we made an agreement with CW, the day we picked up the coach, to bring the coach back in for the 90-day repairs after the initial 90-day period so as not to be without the camper during our only months-long camping season. During our first couple of trips with the coach we made note of some things that were not performing up to the standards of a brand new coach and added them to the initial list. In Nov 2018, we brought the coach in to CW for the list of repairs we needed performed. CW had our coach from November 2018 to April 2019 and all of the repairs were NOT finished. CW said the reason was push-back from Thor on approvals, inadequate job time allowed, or just flat out lack of response from Thor Motor Coach for the warranty items. As the months dragged on, and work wasn’t being completed, we gave CW a firm date we needed to pick up the coach because our 2019 camping season was beginning. We purchased the camper to USE not to leave sitting in a repair shop for months upon months. FIVE months after giving our coach to CW for repairs, we were told that a number of the repairs had not been completed and that we would have to bring the coach back in again. We expressed our complete disappointment and total dissatisfaction at the work not being completed. At the end of May 2019 we received a call from Thor requesting we bring the coach back in to CW for outstanding repairs. I reminded Thor that CW had my coach for FIVE months and that Thor was asking to take my camper, again, at the height of camping season! I brought up the remaining list of repairs. The Thor Cust Svc rep told me to send over an email with the list. Upon receipt of the list, Thor denied most of the outstanding repairs including some that had previously been approved but not completed by CW!!! I’ve been sending email back and forth ever since and getting no where. Thor and Camping World have NOT completed the initial list we were told would be corrected at the time of purchase a year ago. The list of items that need repair are NOT customer maintenance issues. They are direct from manufacturer defects! At this point, I can not even trade in my coach for top dollar because of the items that need repair so I’m totally at a loss here. After having all of the trouble we’ve had, I only correspond with Thor and CW via email so they cannot say “we did or didn’t say…” or “that’s not what we agreed to…”. Unfortunately, emails go unanswered for days. They ignore my request to speak to a Manager, they ignore my request to specifically address the list of repairs that are clearly mistakes or defects from manufacturer. They have wasted months and months of our time and at the end of the day the coach hasn't been repaired. We now have a 1-year old coach with issues from delivery that we've been trying to have fixed for over a year! In the meantime of the initial list we've been fighting to have repaired, there is now an additional list of new issues that need repair. That request is also being ignored. I’ve written a complaint with the BBB and PA Attorney General’s office. We will never buy another camper from CW or Thor. Buyer beware!
- Jennifer Lessard, Pennsylvania

2019-08-18 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

I bought this RV new as a back up living space after I sold my home. I also used it at local campgrounds while airbnb'ing my cabin. It is surprisingly easy to drive and also easy to set up for overnight stays. The stock mattress it came with was less than desirable and so I replaced it with a nice memory foam mattress from Tuft and Needle. This has worked well. It has a huge storage space in the rear that is easy to access and comes in very handy for longer trips. Overall this has been a great user friendly RV. (just for reference, I had never driven an RV prior to buying this one)
- Mary Flora, Tennessee

2019-08-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 35SM View Listings

This has been the worst experience ever. We bought this coach in September 2017 and it has spent more time in the shop than in our possession. The Ford chassis has been fantastic, but everything done by Thor is of poor quality. Failures include: Levelers (8x) Slides, awning, radio (4x), floating floor (really), ice maker, inverter, and structural issues with panels bulling away and leaks. and those are just the highlights. It got to a point that Thor agreed to take the unit back to the factory to replace the entire back wall and reattach the overhead sleeper. Months later when I finally got it back, it cracked again after 1 trip and is leaking badly. Now both Thor and the warranty I paid $5k for crawled away and is leaving me with this issue. I couldn't recommend Thor to build anything. Pure Garbage.
- Joe Berrer, Alabama

2019-08-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 35SM View Listings

In one year of ownership have had rv in repairs for 6+ months. Have experienced about 55 different issues (some twice). Poorly designed and poorly built. Do not recommend. Neither Thor or retailer (camping World) is responsive in corporate headquarters. Issues include: roof leaks, table poorly constructed, broken bench (caused injury to wife), broken window dressing, when driving things fall off the bulkheads. Floor squeaks, refrigerator doesn’t make ice and works only on electric power (thus no dry camping). Cabin is too big and heavy for the chassis and has begun to separate. Broken steps flooring comes up from behind the passengers seat. Can’t park in a 30 amp spot. Needs 50 amps to run both ACs. Slide out broken. Have only been able to use this rv 4 times in first year and then it must go to repair shop for corrections to various issues. Vehicle is in repair shop now to fix 17 issues. Wouldn’t recommend this rv.
- William Hagins , Oregon

2019-08-08 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 4000 View Listings

Purchased brand new Aria 4000. It had numerous defects and still sitting in shop 3 months later. Lost my money, my summer and it keeps getting worse. Bought at Camping World and they have been horrible, 852 BBB complaints from this Myrtle Beach location in last 3 years. One star rating. Thor informed me that they "fully expect their motor homes to have plumbing fall out, trim fall off and numerous other problems when it goes bouncing down the road 200 miles from the factory" They said it was not their job to do quality control, it was the dealer's job to rebuild it before selling to a consumer. They explained that they have no warranty on new motor homes and good luck suing them, because essentially that is the threat from everyone that buys one. Thor should be out of business. The good news is that the word is getting out and reputable dealers are dropping them. Their sock value is down about 70% in the last 18 months so hopefully they will be gone soon. I was told by a large National reputable dealer that even though my Thor is brand new, they would wholesale it if I traded it. They were a Thor dealer and experienced so many problems that they will no longer sell one to a consumer.
- Timothy Dunkin, South Carolina

2019-08-08 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

Poor quality poor service, probably factory rejects in the motorhome!!!!! Bad AC Bad refrigerator bad overall a piece of crap to waste money on thru Camping World!!!!!!!!! Cheap materials, especially considering that this motorhome cost over $70,000!
- Melissa Hobbs, Texas

2019-08-07 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

Love this beautiful coach...first class quality and comfy to relax in. Perfect size for 4-6 people and excellent for couples with the full size king bed. It is awesome for people who do not want a really long RV, but still spacious enough inside.
- sam, Louisiana

2019-08-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum PD31 View Listings

Bought my Quantum in GA Aug 27,2017..couldn’t pick it up when scheduled due to dealer safety concerns. Picked it up and returned it for problems 3 more times, then had to accept it mid Dec because we moved cross-country. Already had 3 new batteries, critters nesting through holes in floor, inoperative cameras, radio, slide. On 1st trip, piece of cabinet fell off, slide worked intermittently, coach battery couldn’t hold a charge, driver mirror had to be bungeed into position, cold air through head of bed, sliding doors in bedroom and bath not bolted and swinging, side door blew open because it wasn’t cut/fit correctly and so much more. When I arrived in WA, Thor was no help. They sent me to Cruise America and Freightliner for repairs— neither worked on Thor’s. I finally found my own repair dealer, but Thor was not very helpful despite approving them to do the work. In Dec2018, Thor sent one of their top mechanics to fix it at the dealer and pronounced it fixed. I took it home- problems not fixed and they sent the top mechanic to my house for more fixes. The fixes seem to never fix the problems. He also recommended several truck fixes-first GA repair broke passenger door panel when fixing the mirror to make it operational, and Thor was supposedly setting that up when all their communication with me stopped. They stopped answering my calls and emails. Since 12/2018, I now have to purchase a new slide pump as my slide got stuck open on my second use of this RV, the cameras and radio don’t work again, same electrical problems and central lights don’t work in coach, shower doesn’t drain, kitchen sink doesn’t drain, trim came off and flaps in the wind, there is absolutely no recreation involed in my RV. My 1 year warranty ended with about 11-1/2 months in the shop—both in GA and here in WA. I tried using the Quantum this weekend and the slide got stuck open. The pump is shot and I am paying for a replacement. This bill will be over $3,000 to fix the same problems Thor claimed to have fixed. I can’t see any quality control from Thor initially and the dealers are playing catch up repairing the same issues again and again. Thor has soured us to the Rving experience and I would certainly never consider buying any Thor product. I call my Thor the”Bimbo”—looks good, but nothing past that. If you want a pretty RV that sits in your driveway or the repair shop, then Thor is for you. My Thor is once again in for at least 2 weeks of repairs and I am canceling our summer reservations. We can’t trust this Thor product to not leave us stranded again. Never again Thor! I just threw away my money to Thor.
- Wendy, Washington

2019-08-03 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

I purchased my 2016 Thor Four Winds 28Z motor home used in 2017. I love the layout and quality of the furnishings. It drive like a dream and is very comfortable for the driver as well as the passengers. The inside storage space in the kitchen area is a little tight but acceptable and I wish there was a little more head at the bathroom sink. I have been on three big trips since I purchased this unit and I have no complaints.
- James Behan, Missouri

2019-08-03 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

We chose the Thor Quantum RC25 because we rustic camp the majority of the time and wanted something smaller that would go into state forests easily. We upgraded from a 22 foot Nash trailer. We looked at various floor plans and storage capacity. Our 22ft trailer had immense storage in a small space and we found that most Class C's lacked storage. The Thor hit the ball out of the park as far as were concerned. The residential cabinets in the kitchen area with the two pantry's is welcome. The storage is outstanding for a small coach. We don't have enough seating in the coach as no couch or chair is available in this floor plan. I use a small camping chair for additional seating if needed. The bathroom is very small - much smaller than in my trailer, but it is functional. There are some oddities like the grab bar is not in a logical place and the water heater control is under the towel bar so you can't see it if you have a towel hanging. The toilet is crooked which drives me nuts, but I'm told it can't be fixed due to the aggravation of plumbing. All in all, it's workable. We had a ton of things that needed attention when we took delivery. I understand this is normal for most RV's. Didn't have that problem with our trailer when it came from the factory. Everything was perfect. To begin with, we couldn't pump gas into the coach without the gas pumps turning off. This was a major issue that took us a year to get straightened out. The vent in the cab was installed backwards. The wall next to the fridge bowed terribly, and there were screw and nail pops everywhere. The wallpaper, trim and paint were bad in some areas. The dinette top was scratched in multiple places. Working with General in Wixom was a horrible experience. Some of these issues were handled by them, most by my husband after they got the parts that were needed. We just stopped going to General for repairs. My last and most important comment is that Thor has more than impressed us with how they stand behind their product. We have contacted them directly for two repairs that we had done at a private service center and they paid both. Understand that these items should have been right to begin with, but Thor didn't make it difficult for us to get reimbursed. They were prompt and professional. Whenever I call their customer service, they are always willing to help even if we don't get resolution at that point in time. I wanted to write this review to say that although we have had our share of issues with the Quantum, Thor has been great to work with. I wanted to make sure I let people know this since writing a bad review is easier than writing a good one for most of us.
- Renee Bouren, Michigan

2019-08-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

We downsized from a 40' coach and like the smaller THOR coach at 27.7 It is comfortable to drive and the floor plan is good. The RV left the dealership (Apollo/Pittsburgh) without its screen door insert, also torn/snagged mattress, torn valance, fridge door panel coming off, bed frame plastic screws coming out and couch seam coming apart. Again--this is a brand new RV! We have been trying to get the screen door insert since we purchase at the end of June. The Service Dept. follow-through is abysmal! The wrong part was sent and now we can't get our service dept contact to return calls as promised. Be careful--workmanship is not 5-Star! We do not recommend Apollo/Pittsburgh.
- Liz and Gerry Vandam, Minnesota

2019-07-30 2016 Thor Motor Coach Vegas RUV 25.2 View Listings

The Thor Vegas 25.2 was our choice for an office on the road. The size was perfect for parking in metro areas, running errands and then slipping back into our KOA campsite. Easy to drive, it handled like a pick up truck with excellent V-10 power. The rear slide made it possible to park and extend in narrow campsites. Plenty of room for two, we would never need anything larger. Thor was terrific to work with on a few warranty fixes and the quality of the Vegas was spot on for the price.
- Tiffany Landru, Wisconsin

2019-07-29 2018 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

Purchased our Motorhome in February of 2018. We bought the unit from Sky River RV in Pismo Beach, California. The first time out the small bedroom slide would not extend. Returned the unit back to the dealer. They indicated it was repaired Next time we used the RV the slide still did not work. Called the dealer and sent out a technician who diagnosed the problem. Unit had to be taken back to the dealer for repairs. When using the washer we realized no water was going into it. We also realized that we were not getting hot water. Took the RV back to the dealer and they indicated repairs had been made. When using the unit the next time, we still had no hot water. We called a local repairman in Visalia and he discovered that the hot water was not connected. After these repairs, we discovered that the washer continued to leak after the RV was driven to another location. We finally just removed the washer and dryer since they couldn’t be used anyway. In August of 2018 while we were in Oregon, the long full-wall slide would not extend. We called a local repairman and he stated the RV had to be taken in for repairs. This individual indicated that the mechanism used for the full-wall slide was inadequate for such a slide. Several other repairman agreed with this assessment. The slide was repaired in Junction City, Oregon but they expressed the same concerns as previously mentioned. Back in Visalia we had problems with the air conditioning and a repairman had to install a new transfer switch. While traveling in Texas, we discovered water coming onto the floor of the guest bathroom. We discovered that the drain wasn’t even connected. In July of 2019 approximately a year after the full-wall was repaired the same issue surfaced again. We are on our way to Junction City, Oregon in order to make the proper repairs. We realize that some problems are to be expected, but our issues appear to go beyond this. We would hope that Thor would evaluate our situation and make some effort to rectify our situation. It’s interesting to note that when we bought our RV, the dealer emphasized that we should use it. We sometimes wonder if this is simply a statement they make, but they are really hoping that it is used very little so very few problems will surface. We are of the opinion that Thor would make some effort to resolve this issue.
- Cornelius Van Groningen , California

2019-07-27 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

I love my RV! Everything about it is exciting. The layout is perfect for three to four adults and the grand kids to. The unit is easy to keep clean and always looks nice. The best driving motor home I have driven and comfortable. It is easy to forget you should get up and move around every couple of hours, you just get lost in the comfort and passing scenery. The rear exterior storage is second to none, you get at everything from both sides and the rear. The only thing I would like to see the manufacturer do is raise the mirror cabinet over the sink in the bathroom to provided a little more head space, brushing your teeth and rinsing can be a bit challenging.
- James Behan, Missouri

2019-07-22 2019 Thor Motor Coach Daybreak 22GOC View Listings

I bought a 2019 Thor Daybreak 22 GOC from (I think) the biggest chain dealer out there. The design and functionality is great, but the workmanship/assembly is shoddy. Of course, you won't find this out until you get it down the road away from the dealer. I have dealt with several small issues the first two weeks I've had the unit. Although I was able to deal with them myself, I'm wondering what big issues are going to arise because of the lack of quality control. And, to this date, I still don't have working keys to the coach door and deadbolt locks. I wish I could have bought this unit at a location close to me. I would be camped out in their parking lot until they got the bugs worked out. Unfortunately, this dealer chain doesn't have standardized pricing, so the dealers end up competing with each other. I drove over 8 hours to save over 4,000 dollars. Not an issue for me, but I guess the dealers close to me were hoping it would be an issue. The personnel at the dealer I bought from are nice and helpful people, but they really didn't know as much as they needed to about this unit. They knew more than I did when I bought it, but I'm quickly catching up to their level of expertise. Mine has the Chevy 4500 series chassis, and I preferred it over the Ford 450. I'm not a fan of the V10 Ford or the Ford automatic transmission. The V10 is a noisy engine. The V10 Ford has more torque, but the 6 liter Chevy has more horsepower. At 60 mph on flat ground with no headwind, it will stay in high gear and give you double digit fuel economy. Even when it has to drop a gear on a slight incline, it will still give you 9mpg. However, on a longer RV, or pulling a heavy trailer or vehicle, I would have to go with the Ford. I've had this unit out on 3 trips now, and I'm still in the process of going over it with a microscope. I won't know how good the warranty support is until I run into something I will have to take it in for. The fact that Thor and the dealer can't seem to get me a set of working keys to the coach is not doing much for my confidence in their product support. I'm hoping that someone out their can turn me on to the best extended warranty/maintenance plan. I might need it.
- Steve Conroy, Texas

2019-07-22 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 23U View Listings

The air conditioning pours from the inside when it rains. The top of the stove came off and disconnected the burners.The microwave fell out of the wall. Many of the plastic moldings on the outside came off and some on the inside have cracked. Most of the locks do not work well. Cannot use key to come into the side door and the paint on the living quarters has faded unevenly. And the handling on the road is unstable. I am truly disappointed with this vehicule.will definateley not buy another one.
- Susan burnett, New York

2019-07-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.3 View Listings

This is my 4th RV, and my favorite so far. Very innovative design, great driver and much higher quality than my last three. First, let me say what I hate about this RV - the radio. The radio turns off whenever you put the turn signal on - not acceptable. The radio also get poor reception - especially AM reception. Hopefully they will provide a fix for this turn signal problem some time soon - otherwise, I will replace the radio. Best part of the RV is the ride and handling. More like a van than an RV. My first RV was a class B, and this thing rides better then it did. Towing is unbelievable. I tow a race trailer - maybe 6,000lbs. Still handles great and goes up hills with no problem. I think this has more to do with the RV’s lite weight (mine is less than 11K lbs) then anything else. The innovative design has as much living space as my old RV that was 10ft longer. The whole front converts to an eating area and working area. They finally got rid of the oven - freeing up storage space. Very clever how they got so much outside storage as well. The build quality seems to be a lot higher than any other RV I have owned. I bought all my other RVs new, and there were lots of things wrong with them day 1. I have only found two very minor issues - adjustment of the instant water heater and lack of a small bracket that holds the inflation valve on the tires. I have now had it for 6 months, 4,000 miles, and 6 trips. One problem is parts. I can not find anyone to sell me this small bracket that was missing. Tried three dealers so far (including the dealer that sold me the RV) - all just ignore me. Not sure what this is all about. You can order everything else from Amazon, why not parts for your RV? Anyway, if you're looking for an easy to drive, tow anything, nice riding, high quality RV, you should have a look at the Thor Axis - it really is different than all the rest. Better than a Class C, but not Class A overwhelming.
- Steve Owens, New Hampshire

2019-07-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Plain simple quality control sucks. Purchased Spring 2017 went directly to a park first thing water leak under the sink, took it back to dealer, fixed it, next thing had leak under the shower, fixed, molding left off of paneling, two cabinet doors broke, Main large compartment water leaking water inside, they did not use marine plywood it all rotted I fixed it my self. Keys to the outside locks both broke off made out brass (stupid) now replacing all the locks my self. Leveling jack reservoir was dry,out side gutter drain for the roof some idiot bent it to fit it did not now water drips down the side onto the cab leaving a rust stain. Not bad for only having 2400 miles thats 2,400. I would not by another Thor product. If you do have them put everything under pressure kitchen sink bathroom sink shower floor all water lines, check for leaks , check all fluid levels before you sign, check the gutters have sales person get up there and look. Bottom line never will I by another.
- Roy Brice, Florida

2019-07-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

Bought put Ace from CW Springfield MO...I had done my research and came prepared...but I did not do a thorough enough walk thru after purchase as once we got home we had 7-8 minor issues that Thor did cover but it was a trip back and. Waste of time and travel. Love the RV. We added a steering stabilizer and both front and rear sway bars that helps drivability immensely! Those should come factory installed. Biggest complaint is the terribly uncomfortable drivers seat! It's horrendous. Need an electric seat option as it sets so awkward. We got the larger Onan and two roof ACs. Love it. Would definitely buy another one.
- Todd, Missouri

2019-07-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34F View Listings

Great traveling with a motorhome. Easy to set up at campsite with electric leveling system. Hauled a Honda CRV with ease and was easy to connect and disconnect. Leather captain chairs swivel around for comfort in watching RV. Table goes between chairs for holding drinks or snacks. 3TVs are a dream. outdoor TV is great for outdoor events and just relaxing. Outdoor kitchen is great for grilling and not having to keep going inside for stuff. King bed is very comortable with plenty of storage for clothes.
- Gale Dorr, New Mexico

2019-07-12 2019 Thor Motor Coach Omni SV34 View Listings

We had a Thor hurricane and had very few problems It was a class A and a little tiring when driving long distances. So since we were happy with our Thor hurricane we decided to upgrade to Thor Omni. It has been nothing but problems!!!! Every time we take it out it’s nothing but serious issues. No hot water, no water , slide not working, issues with the shade not retracting. Sooo disappointed!!! We are driving cross country now and slide not working, this is day one of a three week trip and had to call an independent service of which Thor says may not be completely covered. We paid top dollar for this coach and expected much more. Wish I had my Thor hurricane back or had bought a Jayco.
- Susan Irwin, California