Thor Motor Coach RVs Reviews (648)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2019-12-08 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

It would be ok if the manufacturer wouldn't skimp on interior trim. Had to take it in to get the draw rails in the bedroom draws reattached. They did a crap job. Ended up repairing them myself. Come on Thor. One small screw on rail brackets won't do it. Do not like cheap paper trim on cheap particle board. Battery cage is open and not protected from road debris. Lost both batteries from rocks. This caused the 12 power converter to burn out. Couldn't operate the slide outs or use interior lights. Fortunately, still had 110 volt. It's just made cheap. Total cost for the batteries and converter, 735.00. Not a happy camper...
- Dave, Virginia

2019-12-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds Super C 35SB View Listings

SORRY. What was to be wounderfull turned nightmare. 3 years in first year in Camperworld that's a different review, and just when we thought we had somewhat put it behind us with 8 thousand miles and a run in with a possible bird, or just ruff roads in CA. our cab on class c ford super c has sepperated RV from CAB silicon and screw connected. We are poor from paying Ins. extended warrantee ins. and failure of thor and there warrantees. camper worlds bad faith in repairs and holding RV long periods of time running out warranty of one year. leaving camaerworld and turning to private repair people just another failure in service complaints with National General Ins. paying for bad repairs and leaving us with problems has been no help either. It is now back for problem and we are in need to deal with them again. We are hoping we won't need to stay home with reservation in Jan. and no help with payment for repairs. Thor, camperworld, National Ins. are all the same people I believe and hamper repairs and service of RVers all over. PS don't buy a RV in Texas it will become a sinking boat. Stewarts
- Evelyn Stewart, California

2019-12-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

So disappointed in Thor , our seats are peeling the two captains seats the sofa the dinette cushions and bats faulty material has been used and our coach, call the manufacture spoke to Diana it’s been over a month and no response still no action is nothing this is disgusting We paid way too much for our RV to have this faulty material and it only my husband and I have been in it and we take very good care of our Rv , so disappointed , And can’t get anyone to do anything about it!
- Donna Ahlborn , Texas

2019-12-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Ordered parts for our RV. I had to go through a Dealer so I chose Total Value RV out of Elkhart, IN. I received the total of around $1695.39 plus shipping cost so I agree (thinking $200 max) When I received alert for my credit card was charged $2533.26. So that is $837.87 shipping.... Really, Im so disappointed in this company Thor. So to others out there.... Beware, Very dishonest company. They can make money off product. I dont think they need to gouge consumer
- Brent VL, Ohio

2019-12-03 2020 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Love the floor plan and quality of the unit.Few minor issues but that comes with all New RVs.Thor was easy to work with on the issues.I would definitely recommend this unit to anyone wanting a great full time rv
- Ryan Lasuer, Georgia

2019-12-02 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

This RV has been stored in covered storage since new. With the slide out pushed out the RV has plenty of room. The RV has 2 new Michelin tires on the front two wheels. The RV has has all of its services. My wife and I have decided to buy a new diesel pusher so that when I retire we can travel the U.S.A or possibly going to Canada. Our goal is to travel to every state in the United States. We have enjoyed the Thor A.C.E. and would buy another one if we wanted to travel in the western half of the United States. We have enjoyed sleeping in our own bed, eating food cooked in our own kitchen and using our own bathroom. We are both looking forward to owning a new one and taking off for 2-3 months at a time.
- Greg Yount, California

2019-12-01 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

You can tell that this is a starter motorhome. All I can say is that it works and performs as expected. Only issue so far is a leaky driver window which we are fixing ourselves. It is afterall, a box going down the road. The layout is perfect. It could use a second A/C as wearers in middle Georgia. Other than that issue, it s nice.
- Jody Phillips , Georgia

2019-11-29 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

The Thor Motor coach Pallazo 33.2 at first glance looks like a home run for the money however it is totally not the case. Poor quality throughout the coach. flooring seats, storage space electrical system. A total dog. You will spend a fortune fixing all the things wrong with this product. Factory support non existent. Cheap cheap cheap and crappy from the roof line down to the The chassis. I own a 1996 Fleetwood discovery which runs circles around this brown turd.If all of the deficiencys are fixed then you will have a pretty nice machine. The chassis is made by freightliner so far so good. The Thor motor coach side is cheap and crappy all the way through. I am in the process of basically rebuilding my coach. My coach is a 2014. All the vinyl on the seats and booth and coach have to be replaced. Which means you might as well buy new as to have them recovered and forget about any warranty from Thor or from Villa there is none. Supposedly the material came from china furnished to villa by Thor. The electrical system will not keep the batteries charged when connected to shore power. The water system control valves have to be replaced. No storage. and finally super low clearance. You will scrape the body on everything. super difficult to wax. This thing should be sent to a shredder. Crappy Jensen radio and all the TV's are uber cheap. Advice to the wise. Don't buy unless you purchase from some dumb sap like me who is in the process of fixing everything. Also the refrigerator craps out after 5 years. Advice stay the hell away from anything that says Thor Motor Coach. Run run run away from Thor Motor coach.
- Mnwray1961@gmail.com, Missouri

2019-11-28 2016 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37KT View Listings

Day one, The dealer had to install a new inverter, a new roller in the big slide, the lock for the outside tv and straighten out 3 kitchen draws. On our drive home from Michigan to Massachusetts we had no heat🙁. Over that first year of ownership the POS went to 13 repair shops including the Thor factory for every problem in the book. Driveability issues, water leaking, shock problems, charging problems, seat problems, windshield wiper problems, generator problems and of course slide problems. I have spent $1000's of dollars and 100's of hours dealing with the POS. Congress should pass a law to raise standard of these slapped together units.
- Marc DeNardo, Massachusetts

2019-11-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22HE View Listings

We did not have time to fully enjoy this RV. Used 3 times and enjoyed the size after downsizing when kids had moved on. Wife got ill and don't think we will have much future use of it. Sorry to let it go. Ford engine has lots of power. Comfortable to drive and easy to park and set up. Roomy bath and shower. No pull out. Queen bed, large convertible table to bed. Bunk bed over cab. Can sleep 6. Set up for wifi and satellite TV. Blue ray recorder. Electric patio awning with LED lighting.
- KEN CORNER, Louisiana

2019-11-25 2015 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38RE View Listings

Excellent condition, Thor Outlaw 38RE, Bath & 1/2 Outlaw 38RE Residence Edition, vaulted living room and galley ceilings, approximate 8' shower height, 9' Cathedral style bedroom ceiling, ceiling fan,King bed, "Star-View" window, above ground patio deck, rear patio deck, 50" LED TV, Bluetooth® sound bar, sink, gas grill, exterior refrigerator, rear patio awning, rear steps, electric side patio awning and second exterior LED TV, booth/sleeper 48" x 84" sleeping area, a hide-a-bed sofa with air mattress, a power drop-down cab-over bunk, huge pantry, pre-plumbing for either a stack or combo washer/dryer, 40" LED living room TV, Ford 26,000lb chassis w/8,000lb. hitch, polished aluminum wheels, full body exterior paint, 158 cu. ft. of exterior storage, 150 gallons of fresh water tank capacity, two roof A/C units, third wall mount A/C unit in bedroom, swivel front seats with extra table, frameless windows, 3-camera monitoring system, LED ceiling lighting, solid surface kitchen counter & table, LED TV in master bedroom, HDMI video distribution, power charging center, an 1800 watt inverter system, 37' length, Power patio awing with integrated LED lighting, 1-piece windshield, a 5500 Onan generator, automatic leveling system, leatherette furniture, leatherette sofa with sleeper, 5-speed automatic transmission, pass-through storage, dash fans, power mirrors with heat, DVD, refrigerator, enclosed and heated holding tanks
- Priscilla, California

2019-11-24 2019 Thor Motor Coach Challanger 37FH View Listings

I think to factory need someone to check every item on an rv before it leaves the factory. The passenger window stuck hard to slide. I have used every it the dealer say to try. A hammer will be next so Thor can replace the window. It only a few items don't work so between factory and dealers the item stop working. Then we are stuck without our MH for weeks waiting for approval and parts. Items not in parts back to vender and and waiting time.
- carroll jennings, Tennessee

2019-11-24 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

Had to return to factory service because to many issues from electrical plumbing mechanical and quality of construction. Leaked like a screen door. First trip fixed 80% and is currently back for repairs. Thor service is dedicated and friendly unlike Camping World. Quaility control sucked
- Roy Lehto, Pennsylvania

2019-11-23 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

We purchased this motor home new in 2017. This is our second Thor product. The first one was a 2015. I should have known better. While there were issues with the first one, I actually had more issues with the dealership and their service than I did with that RV. So the 2017 We bought new from a different dealership. Worse service and the quality of the 2017 26HE is horrid. Particle board furniture that falls apart the minute it gets wet, workmanship of either crack heads or 4 year olds, and seals that are defective. It almost burned up the first year because of a defective relay switch under the dinette! I have mold all throughout the over cab bunk because the manufacturer failed to effectively seal the cab roof seal to the overhead bunk. the mold and water damage is not covered by the extended warranty, which covers nothing that can actually go wrong with the coach. Don't buy the extended warranty! The only solid part of the whole RV is the Ford E450 Chassis. I have 15,000 miles on it.
- Kevin Walz, Wisconsin

2019-11-22 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22HEC View Listings

It drives great and I like that there is less noise and rumble in the back area without any slides but its nice and roomy. It shifts nice too. I don't tow with it. Mine has the Chevy engine not the Ford Engine. I wish the seats were leather so more washable since I spill a lot of coffee on my trips. I like all the USB charge ports in each room - very helpful with all our phones. I like that the radio has a remote for the people in the back to control with speaker controls. Bigger than expected TV. The tv hangs a little low so you'll need to adjust that in the back of it if you need to put sheets on in the bunk area. Glad the frig is still electric or propane with locking clips - some other new units its just electric now with no locking clips. Lighting is really nice inside - better than expected and speakers are in good locations in the sitting area out of the way. I like the new adjustable height table - never had that before - its easy to adjust too - no pinching clips. A lot of built ins that I didn't expect like a place for remotes too. What would I have added - would have been nice to test out solar panels free since its wired for it. What is annoying - the weird door on the sewer pipe - maybe its to protect from the elements. I like that everything is higher on the unit so pulling into angled driveways is nice. Also, I wish the all the switches at the front door had labels - I keep opening the awning instead of turning on the lights - I may swap out that switch for a different color so I can tell the difference. Factory support - reported issues with the backsplash in the bathroom - schedule that to get done after my vacation.
- Mary DeVlugt, Texas

2019-11-19 2013 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 42WX View Listings

I love the layout. Has everything I wanted in RV Except I wanted Recliners. I do not like the L shape couch. Every time I get in the RV something Breaks. It has been in SHOP 1/2 time I've owned it. I will never buy another Thor. My extended warranty has already paid out $10k on repairs in 1 half yrs of my ownership. It's a shame to pay 200k and be upset of quality of workmanship to build this RV.
- Dawn Osborne, Alabama

2019-11-19 2017 Thor Motor Coach Venetian G36 View Listings

The coach is very comfortable and you can’t go wrong with a Freightliner chassis. This is my fourth RV, of witch two are class A. The Thor build of this coach seems to not quite be getting to the finish line with quality. The two front storage area flooring rooted out with in 18 months and had to be replaced and now just out of warranty the utility Bay Area flooring is rooted out. They have used the wrong type of material for a wet area. Electrical circuitry and plumbing routing good be better routed and secured. The unit has almost no heating in the utility bay and there are exposed water lines in none heated storage area. They have done a very nice job on the interior assembly and design. The owner’s manual is almost useless, not even close to my model and pages don’t match appendix. Overall, a nice coach for your money.
- Mac McFerrin, Virginia

2019-11-16 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

I bought this rv in 2016 it looked real good when I got it ,but it didn't take long before it started to fall apart,first trip the frig. cooled good I mean real good it froze every thing in it,even on the warmest setting,I had to take it to two different repair shops to finally get it fixed.The thermostat was behind the insulation. Within a year the paint started to fade,and the decals were turning black it looks like when they were installed someone put there hands on the sticky part on the inside you can see finger prints and hand prints under the decal and they are turning black.The wood under the slide out is getting dry root and I live in southern Arizona,the screws that hold the trim on the elide out are rusted out. The generator also has problems,it shuts off with a code It was a power surge code and no one can seem to fix it. I have owned 3 motor homes and this one is the biggest piece of crap that I have ever owned.unfortunately I can't post any pics. If you want to see them e-mail me at rvrfsh@yahoo.com and I will send you some. Let me say in closing that I will never buy another Thor product.
- Clyde Aldrich, Arizona

2019-11-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 26B View Listings

This model doesn't disappoint - great balance between interior layout and driveability. Fit and finish is better than OK, and of course there's always something to touch up. The real problem is in the front RV body panels: the front wing panels are ordinary plywood, open to the weather (and road slash) under the rig, and rotted out (total delamination) in the first two years because the edges aren't sealed and left open to road spray. Saved the panels through infusion of epoxy resin (much labor), but this is a significant design flaw. Of course Thor isn't interested in the problem. If you want to keep your Four Winds more than a couple years, check the lower 12 inches of your plywood front panels and get them sealed!
- Gary Glick, Virginia

2019-11-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27K View Listings

We have brought our Rv in three times for maintenance bed above driving seat coming down pantry door opening while driving and put whole in cupboard Scream door put dish on never worked took back second time still fish did not work plus back up camera didn’t work Third time made appointment and sat in lot four weeks never got into shop we advise we needed back in two weeks they said ok . They told us they were under staffed had no workers Answer to first visit fixed all except door wasn’t under warranty second visit visit bed broke again . Husband fixed circuit board for generator and now we have leak in roof and trying to get in before are extend warranty and it up in feb I will try to get before and pls pray we get them fix or we will pay someone els pls write back. Burlington wa
- Alvin smith, Washington

2019-11-08 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A27 View Listings

Manufacturing warranty stinks. Sky dome in shower leaks. Front end alignment needed from when I bought it. Driver window leaked when raining. Information flashes 9 times which is short in hall ground they would never fix. Thrn they took my TV antenna off the top last time in shop. Now I have to buy one. Now extended warranty has started and they said everything wrong with it is not covered under extended warranty. Then what does the over 5000 dollars I purchased covers then. Never go to camping world now gander RV in Oxford Alabama. So now its time for me to a lawyer. I will get it fixed or they can give me another one brand new....................
- Franklin Barclay., Alabama

2019-11-05 2019 Thor Motor Coach Quantum KW29 View Listings

Purchased end of March, 2019. Had it back to dealer in 3 days due to poorly done caulking in front corners of roof, as well as noticing an inch long hole in roof exterior lining at the base of the rear bathroom exhaust cover. (Dealer rep would not allow me to crawl on top during dealer orientation to check out the roof.) After 3 weeks at dealer took out for first camp out. But alas, could not fill fresh tank due to water spitting back out as tried filling. After an hour and half of looking discovered that the vent air tube above the tank was kinked in two spots. I eventually cut off 10 inches of tubing so that it was smooth and air could escape during fills. We also began hearing a major squeak when I got into the bed. We discovered that the main support board was curved upward & needed to be tacked down better. Then during our entire 3 week May trip to NC coast - I constantly struggled to maintain air pressure in the rear duals. Finally was told we were missing a valve stem nut for inner tire valve, which allowed the stem to be pushed away from air gauge and air chuck. And the valve stems on the outside tires were curved swung away from air gauge & chuck. Besides the normal drawers that would not stay latched a piece of the wall, inside the media outlets cupboard, had come un-attacked and hung out. Then, after three months and another camp out we discovered that the roof rubber was bubbling much more than the "normal" 20%, and, the rear closet wall as also now bulging out. Also: the ceiling exhaust fan near the oven stopped working and we were told it was wired wrong - and, underneath the entry step the exterior protective material began hanging down - quite noticeably. In all, the unit was back at the dealership 2 of the 6 months we owned it. I'm also going to add that, in my opinion, the driver and passenger seats are not the best for folk close to 6 ft, or over, as we. Sitting long term became extremely uncomfortable and was most challenging to get in and out of. Also, the engine noise was quite loud and the engine housing became overly hot to the touch, particularly in shorts. Thankfully our dealership fought for all repairs, via warranty. So after six months we tired of continually needing repairs, et.al, and had become sceptical of the units manufactured process, considered it a lemon and were greatly concerned about future issues. Thus we "bit the bullet" ...took a loss and traded it in for a Jayco Class C. So far, the difference in quality is quite noticeable.
- Dean Natterstad, Wisconsin

2019-11-04 2005 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32R View Listings

Loved it!! Never one issue. Bought it used and only replaced the awning material..was faded. Son upgraded TV and installed back up camera..I had to sell due to cancer but now looking for another..time to enjoy life again..was a 24 ft class C..the quality of the interior and exterior was great..it was just like new. No leaks or separation..I have owned 3 others before the one and 3 pull behind..
- Betty Vargo, Minnesota

2019-11-04 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34E View Listings

I wish I could put it out so all America could read it, DO NOT BUY A THOR product. They do not stand behind their product. The seats in our RV have rotted everyone of them and Thor said sorry not our problem. Terrible company
- Tom Botchie , Florida