Thor Motor Coach Reviews on RV Insider (743)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-07-10 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 22E View Listings

Bought used with 10,000.00 miles. Chevy platform. You can get gas in it. Thor said its chevy's problem and chevy said its thor's. Reality is I guess it is now mine. As you look at the decor you are amazed. Till you open a draw. There is zero finish yes raw wood used as drawer boxes. How much crap is that going to absorb. Roof is starting to bubble. Motor homes take a tremendous amount of care.I do it myself. Every time I go to maintain something it makes me sick to see the lack of pride that went into building whatever I am fixing. For example the shower surround cut to the pan looks like it was hacked in with a chainsaw. Installed a spare tire hanger. I noticed lower panels just cut. No sealer no trim just fn raw. The whole side will delmanate if not attended to. I'm interested in a new Axis or Vegas but just can't trust the thor brand. I had confidence in the purchase. All the major rental companies use Thor. I thought for Quality. I was wrong. Cost is the reason. If you buy Thor Four Winds.Your going to have to hire someone to go through it and complete it. Everyone from sales to assembly to management should be ashamed to label this American made If this is American craftsmanship I am forever buying CHINA.
- MdMcduffee@gmail.com, California

2020-07-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Need A RV With A 4 or 5 Bedroom With 2Bathrooms With Tables Chairs And Body Room For Me And Kids And My Mom And Also To Eat And Take A Bathes And Trip From State To State All Over The World And To Have A Place To Stay And Sleep At I Love To Travel With My Family All Of The Time When The Wheather Is Safe
- Jacquelyn Battles, Georgia

2020-07-08 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Everything in this vehicle has gone wrong. The shades r know falling apart. Awful from day one nothing but problems with this coach. It even leaked and I have had it service with camping world. Don’t get me started with them. Awful.
- Woody dunn, North Carolina

2020-07-07 2020 Thor Motor Coach Tellaro 20LT View Listings

What a disappointment! Not the coach, per se...Thor customer service! Have had 2 service reps ‘ghost’ me...after a few calls...no answering phone messages and no answering emails. Have 2 parts missing since I bought it in Feb —BUT—Thor can’t find the replacement parts since there is no part number (and altho I have sent them videos and pictures of where the parts go) —And since there are no parts —I can’t get them a part #!!!! Catch 22 I guess. Have a laundry list of issues that are SLOWLY starting to get resolved. I can still camp in it...and love it when I do...but REALLY? You pay this much for a new rv and have issue after issue??? Look elsewhere!
- Susan Ryan, Florida

2020-07-07 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

4 trips and every one cut short for a Catastrophic failure. Spent more time being towed for repair than driven. Shower leak twice. Refrigerator coolant pipe burst. Wouldn’t start after stopping in NM leaving us stranded in the middle of nowhere. Worse of all it has a tendency to Stall on us when making a sharp turn.
- Tim, Texas

2020-07-05 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31L View Listings

I love this RV. It has the Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer and upgraded front anti-sway bar installed and drives like a dream! It also has a Blue Ox tow bar system and tows my Jeep Grand Cherokee with no effort.
- Dennis, Massachusetts

2020-07-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

The sprinter chassis is great but the tge Thor coach is built like garbage. Examples. My niece put her 25lb back pack on the dining table and the table came off the wall. The AC was not cooling and ceiling was opened the ducts were not connected. The rear camera was not wired to the right connection so not working. Underneath many wires hanging down with many left over dead wires to what on a new vehicle?? Kitchen sink now leaking from inside the floor. Gasket between fllir and chassis not placed to work. Most hanging out. These people hate their jobs or Thor itself. Had 1 year warranty but took it in twice which took 7 months waiting off of it. Thor and Camping World are terrible
- Raymond Chladny, Florida

2020-07-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.4 View Listings

I wrote an earlier negative review which I would like to withdraw but don't know how. The fault with the slide out was not a fault at all. Just our inexperience. The hvac problem was fixed in minutes by the dealr who knows the vehicles. The dealer Motor Home Supply in Alvarado, TX extened our warranty and dealt with all of the minor issues that had to with drawer latches etc. The vehicle is very solid, fun to drive and really functional. We love the size, and the appliances that serveus well on trips. Happycamper now.
- Edgar Lincoln, Texas

2020-06-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

Over all build quality is awful, construction materials poor and support inadequate. I have decided to upgrade materials as I effect repairs myself. I suggest that getting the seven year warranty ( we purchased this ) is not worth it, we never received the details until after our purchase and were shocked at what little it covers.
- Brian Hunter, Texas

2020-06-27 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

I purchased this RV used in 2014. It had about 8,000 miles on it and the price was right. We had a 34 foot and wanted to downsize with a king size bed and outside TV. This one has both. The quality seems poor because we have had several minor problems which has cost us since we had no factory warranty, however, when I contacted the factory they have been very helpful. I believe the overall quality is poor but I don't know if my problems stem form the first owner or if it a lemon. I have made several repairs which have improved my trust in this motor home. I will be happy to detail repairs if asked.
- George Berthon, Alabama

2020-06-23 2015 Thor Motor Coach Siesta Sprinter 24SR View Listings

Second review now that we have used more. Everything is working great and construction is very good. Factory help is 100%. Wanted to do a few thinks to fit our needs. They were very helpful. Have no idea why people complain so much on factory help but I guess you can't make everyone happy.
- Robert Rapp , California

2020-06-22 2020 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 24.1 View Listings

This is our first delve into the RV world. We all know that no matter what you buy, you're going to have issues...period. We setup camp in Naples last Friday evening, and while extracting the awning, it jammed. Can't drive with an extended awning, so we called CoachNet, a service we paid for, and they promptly told us that they don't kick in until after the 1st year. This was not explained to us at General RV, but that will be another review. What was nice, is that when I called Thor. Sean, thankfully answered, and told us that being a weekend, we should ask the RV resort for a local RV tech, and once fixed, send him the invoice for reimbursement. He gave me a reference number, and was very polite and professional. The local guy came out and we fixed the awning. Thank you Sean, and thank you Thor for backing your product. It turned out to be a great weekend after all!
- Tony Lapera, Florida

2020-06-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 37RB View Listings

We purchased our 2017 in April 2020. Our first trip was to Minnesota with out Harley Utra loaded in. When we arrived, while backing the bike out onto the ramp the center of the ramp collapsed causing the rear bike wheel to fall through. The ramp is not structurally sound or designed with supports. Stryofoam and thin plywood only. So far Thor isn't standing behind anything. Seriously disappointed and wouldn't recommend this coach to anyone.
- Kurt Kuhlers, Florida

2020-06-17 2020 Thor Motor Coach Tellaro 20LT View Listings

The dealer, Alpin Haus, is great. The manufacturer is not helpful and does not care about customers. They will not answers questions about their equipment. I recommend researching the quality and service of other manufacturers and put Thor at the bottom of your list.
- Eileen , New York

2020-06-16 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34E View Listings

I really enjoyed my motorhome when either driving or in a park. It was roomy,comfortable,and fun. We got a lot of compliments and was told it was a dependable coach. the parks we went to were very glad to have a coach of our quality. Service was always readily available and reasonable.
- john c., Wyoming

2020-06-15 2020 Thor Motor Coach Magnitude BB35 View Listings

Unable to fill fuel tanks full of fuel due to the pitch angle of the fill line. Left turn signal has a buzzing noise coming from Mobile eye Mobile eye has error code ER-DA (see photo below) Truck has water leak above driver cab see a pillar water stains in headliner (see photo below) Left turn signal camera is inconsistent when working. On two runs down the highway the left turn signal camera has only worked one time Airbag light is on indicating an airbag fault for the driver Advance Trac system error and downhill assent errors on dash indicating fault code issue. Firefly is wired upside down. Down is up and up is down for vents etc. water heater does not heat water past 108. Water temps on max (125) water only lukewarm. This happens even when setting at max temp of 125 Font over the cab shade binds up when opening and closing at the halfway point. Lots of strain on the motor and struggles at the halfway point. Slide has malfunctioned on first use and it was frozen halfway out. Had to override the system to get it to retract Screen door came broken. Plastic latch is broken in half Tow hitch plug was not wired for 30amp charge line. 30amp charge wire was tapped into the 10amp running lights. Ford OEM 30amp fuse for charge line also missing Mobile Eye does not work and has intermittent error message When watching a DVD through the DVD player the front TV will drop the source connection every 15/20 minutes. Above the bunk TV needs to be replaced due to scratches on the screen and broken coaxial input Bunk TV’s and master TV seem to be getting a different reception from the cable then the outside TV as the signal strength is not consistent causing the master TV and bunk TVs to not receive a steady signal Winegard did not come with the correct paperwork and is unprogrammable at this moment. Needs firmware update to run with Verizon. Bill mentioned possibility swapping out for a Winegard 2.0 Wood trim near fridge has 3-inch section of missing clearcoat Awning for slide is removing from coach rear Lag bolt fell out of black tank draining antifreeze 2 hour drive produced 30+ screws from falling out of random places within various places inside the coach Toilet has trouble flushing. Possible engineering issue with the angle of the tube? Other Magnitude owers are reporting Thor is swapping to a macerator toilet.
- sean allen, Colorado

2020-06-13 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

THERE HAVE BEEN NO PROBLEMS WITH THE THOR 26he MOTOR HOME. I'V MADE THREE TRIPS AND THE PERFORMANCE WAS JUST LIKE THE MANUFACTURE SAID. ALL TANKS FRESH, GREY AND BLACK WORK LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO. REFRIGERATOR AND STOVE WORK GREAT.
- JAKE THOMAS, Pennsylvania

2020-06-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Synergy TT24 View Listings

Loved the ease in handling this coach, the floor plan is great and roomy for travel and for camping. Perfect for 2 people but can sleep more in a little more crowded fell obviously. Just a great little coach.
- Becky Rygiel, Virginia

2020-06-12 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum SE28 View Listings

I am purchased my Thor Quantum SE28. This floor plan has a perfect layout, for form and function, and great basement storage. T.V. over the dinette frees the upper bunk from worry. TOGO antenna is great. The base chassis need to be beefier, larger anti sway bars and steering stabilizers. Even if it affects the price. In my opinion I found the best deal in the U.S., love this floor plan.
- gjurczyc, Michigan

2020-06-11 2012 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 31J View Listings

Thor hurricane is the worst manufacturing company who rip off the customers without any remorse! They just want to sell their junk to the poor, unsuspecting customers and be done! No after service what so ever! The customers are stuck with it! Third should go out of business! We bought it because it looks nice enough, appearance wise, but once you take it out, then everything starts to break down! AC, jacks, steps, slides, sofa airbed, dinette table, seats flaked off-looks awful and makes a huge mess all over the place-have to replace all! Repair cost is equal to buying whole new rv! Weak House battery-can't support all the electrical features in the rig! So sad that we bought this money guzzler to live the dream of rving all over the country, but now it's just a big burden that takes up a lot of space in the drive way! I think we should file a class action suit against Thor to prevent anymore future victims!!!
- Nancy song, California

2020-06-10 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

We purchased our 26HE at year end 2018. Got a great price ! What a great floorplan! We love it. The Positives - Great appearance , spacious bathroom, queen size bed, refrigerator/freezer, ducted air conditioning & heat, microwave, Big TV, Ford Chassis with powerful V-10 Gas Engine, and a 4000 Watt on-board Cummins Generator. EXCELLENT, GREAT, FABULOUS SERVICE MANAGER AT CAMPING WORLD. The Negatives - Furnace control board failed in the first month. Steering / Handling is an absolute HORROR! Had to spend $600 to have a steering stabilizer installed! Front wing boards not sealed, cheap wood and rotted. Vehicle suspension inadequate for the RV, leans dramatically on the driver's side ( slide out, propane tank, generator, kitchen all mounted on the driver side while right side has the sofa and bathroom only (unbalance weight load). Awning lights failed in first year. No Spare Tire or Jack. Formica kitchen and bath tops already peeling off. No stabilizers on the RV (even though they are advertised as standard equipment). TV stopped working 3 months after buying the RV. Generator has 85 hours on it when it was delivered. I have to admit that our dealer's service manager did everything possible to facilitate repairs. Thor's re-action to warranty requests were consistently unreasonably slow according to the dealer, and caused considerable delay in receiving repair authorizations. That said, Thor did authorize rear spring modification to equalize the weight in-balance issue , authorized repairs to the furnace, and wingboard replacement, and reimbursed us for the Television. We traveled 19,000 miles in our first year, visiting 37 States and 3 Canadian Provinces, and enjoyed every minute of our trips. In my opinion, as an entry class, relatively inexpensive RV, the Freedom Elite is a good RV to own. I do believe that Thor should build the 26HE model on a E-450 chassis since the E-350 with the model 26 RV, does not afford adequate weight capacity for cargo and passengers. Additionally , Thor should furnish ALL Rv's with heavy duty steering stabilizers and front and rear sway bars. The customer should not have to figure out why their brand new RV is all over the road, and then spend over $1000 to upgrade the steering and suspension to accommodate the heavy RV body. The selling dealer is at fault for not revealing these issues at point of sale and is creating a dis-service to his customer by this omission. The many, many, bad reviews by customers, could be avoided if the warranty authorization process was streamlined, dealer salespeople were more honest in their presentation, and improved quality control by the manufacturer implemented. I can tell you that I for one, would have no problem paying a reasonably higher price for the RV, if the steering, suspension, and quality issues were all addressed at the factory prior to sale.
- Stephen Cosgriff, Florida

2020-06-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 View Listings

Horrible experience. The unit has been a lemon since I bought it. Less than 2 years old and it's not driveable because the leveling Jack's are stuck in down position. Generator won't start due to some electrical problem which drains the main battery. Don't ever buy a Thor. The quality is horrible.
- Tracy, Tennessee

2020-06-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

I’m buy a new ace and look beautiful, but when you see a detail, is garbage, The first time than I use ,and returned to fix a lot of thing and was 7 month in camping world,( terrible company ),bad quality in the floor , bad finish, and something that is supposed to be strong (awning arms)is weak , I’m Not recommend To anyone
- Kevin Hernandez, Florida

2020-06-08 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35M View Listings

It drives fine but have had nothing but electrical problems. Had a water leak in the shower that had to be fixed. The radio and backup camera quit working. The generator interminately starts. Hydraulic Jack's don't always function.drivers window won't open. Bed above the front seats won't operate half the time. Headlights aren't installed right from the factory. Drawers wont shut and latch on 2 drawers. This has about 5500 miles and beautiful inside but not functioning right so not even usable. This all happened after my wife died. Tryed calling the dealer and they would do nothing. Called factory and they said it was up to the dealer. No one will help do anything. So here is an extra nice rv just sitting.
- Glen Schwartz , Illinois