Thor Motor Coach Reviews on RV Insider (904)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-04-11 2013 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31A View Listings

have owned this RV for 8 years, has been very reliable. minimal maintenance aside from scheduled. the best thing about it is the floor plan with the two slide outs and the bunks. prefect for a large family. can sleep up to 10 with 8 very comfortably. lots of room and open feel when the slides are out. Drives very well. even at 32 feet long it seems very maneuverable.
- Ryan, California

2021-04-10 2012 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. EVO 29.1 View Listings

EXCELLENT RUNNING UNIT WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES NEEDED FOR FAMILY VACATION CAMPING FUN, SMOOTH RUNNING MAINTAINED ENGINE, EASY TO HANDLE HANDLING, NEW TIRES, PLENTY OF STORAGE, KEYLESS SECURTIY DOOR ENTRY, STREAMING TV CHANNELS, FULL-LENGTH AWNING, BACK-UP CAMERA, AND THULE BIKE RACK....
- Doug, Ohio

2021-04-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

We have been up and down east coast. Travel through out Texas and New Mexico. With cameras for side mirrors and good backup camera it makes for easy driving even when towing. My wife drives it as much as I do.
- jerryesmith, Texas

2021-04-09 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I have camped for 45 years from tent to motor home. This model is very good for camping. Gglampers need a bigger rig with a fire place. Heated recliner and the works. Ford F-350 is very powerful v10 and handles well. Bed is comfortable. Dinette is good and bath is big for size of vehicle. Good luck campers !!!!!😀😀
- Chris, New Jersey

2021-04-04 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Overall quality is poor. I've had issues with the slides, cabinets and radio. For the price range the chassis is on the low end as well only has one lighter adapter and lacks power mirrors. It does Drive good has good power and tows good as well. I would not recommend this unit do anybody for the price range. I have contacted the factory Representatives on a couple of occasions they are super professional and helpful. But still would not recommend this unit.
- JD, Arizona

2021-03-31 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RS26 View Listings

My husband and I love this RV. WE lived in our coach for 10 months. Now we use for pleasure. Our coach allows for winter usage, with heated tanks and heated mirrors. Traveled in snow one year, no problems. Easy to drive and handle within town or on the highway. Very few minor repairs,and we received same day service while living in the RV. Service dealership was different than where we purchased. Never had any highway road issues. Always reliable. We love the electric sun roof in the bunk area, along with window and fan vent. The pantry storage is great along with the coat, broom, and mop cabinet. Very comfortable to play at top bunk or sleep. Kids loved it also. Thor's Online customer service man, Jason, was great. He was a big help when I was learning about my house batteries. Highly recommend.
- Gina Schluneker, Georgia

2021-03-31 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

This RV is our 4th. This model has the full length slide which makes the interior look like a Class A when it is out. It is short enough to qualify for most parks) Important for lots of National and St. Parks. The Quantum series is noted for its quality and good looks. This is our 2nd small Thor. We put over 50k miles on our 2003 with only minor issues. Basically, if a car fits in the parking space this RV will too. It Handle's very well. My wife is the sole driver. Gas milage poor at avg of 8mpg. It is a Ford so service avail all over U.S. and Canada. Plenty power for towing, even in mountains.
- Pete, Florida

2021-03-29 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

We bought our RV in November 2018. My husband was retiring June 2019. This was to be our retirement pleasure to see the country. Big Purchase. We have had many issues, and was in the shop a lot! However, I have to be honest, Thor was awesome, responding quickly with the many issues we experienced. I cried a lot, was just very disappointing. But zthor was their to help, every time. Mike Thompson Santa Fe Spring General Manager, always ready to help. Cares about his customers. Thor head person for customer service, was a wonderful person. He was right there every time. Just a phone call away. Always very pleasant. Made the problems with the RV, a little easier to deal with. Kudos! Mark and Brian 😎
- Judy, California

2021-03-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3401 View Listings

Anyone who buys one of these pieces of shit hasn't done their homework. Over all quality is a one only because zero isn't an option.
- Ken Dietrich, Nevada

2021-03-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I've written on here before - recalls, no parts to fix ESC etc BUT the main issue? being told it was a new 2019 - the actual engine is 2017 We would've never purchased it...two years depreciation driving away in our newRV! Very hard lesson - no where was 2017 written on paperwork - we felt cheated and totally violated And still can't drive it due to no part to fix it Purchased Camping World Redding CA - They are not a worthy seller as the truth escapes them
- Ruth Kurpinsky, California

2021-03-23 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We traveled all over the US putting 14,000 miles on in less than a year! This was the perfect size for us as a retired couple. It was easy to drive and easy to park. Would fit in any of the National Park campgrounds. Love the king size bed, and having a door to the bedroom that you can close. We installed a motorcyle ramp on the back which worked out great. The ford V10 had plenty of power cruising through the Rockies! The only problems we had were a furnace sensor that went bad, that was easy for me to replace, and a slideout controller that needed to be replaced. The Thor customer service people were very helpfull and easy to talk to. Overall we really enjoyed traveling the country in our ACE 27.1!
- Michael Borga, New York

2021-03-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

This Rv has been a nightmare! So regret. buying a Thor! It has leaked from shower and water appears in front of fridge. water comes out from under bed. Leveling constant trouble. Got stuck in up position one time and had to call mobile Rv to get down! Fridge quit, and had to replace! Ice maker does not work on new fridge after replacement! Leather flakes and peels after 3 years, horrible! Have replaced cushions on dinette and now replacing couch! Radio stops working and replaced said it had wiring shorts! Still problems with new replacement radio!B zone speakers no longer works! Bedroom in back is so tight, and uncomfortable. Tv on outside already has two lines running down screen. In shop for at least a year if totalled up all shop trips! Awning led lights already almost all burned out, short lifespan for led's! Six words for you, cheap, cheap, cheap, run, run, run!
- Timothy Lanier, Texas

2021-03-17 2019 Thor Motor Coach Compass 24SX View Listings

While advertised as sleeping 4, it really only sleeps 2 adults comfortably. This unit is just right for 2 adults. With 4 adults, it is overcrowded. The systems are intuitive and easy to use. The MBZ Diesel Engine is powerful. Handling on the interstate or on a mountain road is very good.
- Thomas Sanders, South Carolina

2021-03-16 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 29G View Listings

A few tweeks on this RV and we love it. We added Big Foot Automatic leveling system, a steering stabilizer and Bilstein shocks. The layout with the couch across from the TV, the large wardrobe cabinet and the outdoor kitchen and TV sold us. We upgraded the mattress since the original one was not comfortable. It also is JUST under 30' so it fit in our garage. Did not give 5 stars to overall quality because there are always items that need fixed on a new RV. Warranty covered it but took longer than expected. Otherwise we now have an awesome RV we love! Will be selling soon due to health reasons and will really really miss this RV.
- pamweirick, Ohio

2021-03-14 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

Purchased in 2019 80,000$ First recall and now second recall re : ESP rear brakes Can crash AND no parts available to fix it. Covid happened so low mileage We were leaving next week for extended trip Obviously not going RV can not be fixed... Applying for Lemon Law
- Ruth Kurpinsky, California

2021-03-13 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I researched options for 2 years. Rented RV’s, looked at options ranging from pop ups, van conversions, class A’s large and small, and class C’s. In 2019 at the Denver RV show we found a deal on a new Class C, 24’ that fit our needs (and budget). I’m glad I didn’t pass it up. We have no interest in living full time in any RV, regardless of size, full time. I got my RV to explore / camp, be comfortable, off the ground dry, warm or cool, and to have some comforts of home while “camping”. We’ve had the RV for 2 years and haven’t had any problems. The Ford E350 with the Triton V10 is awesome. We live in the Rocky Mountain area so we drive in the mountains often. For the 2 of us and 2 dogs (large) it has worked out perfect for what we bought it for - to have fun.
- T Hanson, Colorado

2021-03-11 2019 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Worst quality I have ever seen on an RV! I full time in my 2019 WS31 Quantum. I have to say it is by far, the worst quality RV I have owned and my first new one. The woodwork and storage drawers, while looking nice doesn't seem to hold anything over a pound before the bottoms fall out! Plus, the drawer rails fall apart! Black water tank issues, because during assembly, they left the debris in the tank. Flooring issues near the holding tanks. Leveling jack issues continue. Most everything I have noticed on this RV has been due to the lack of any QA by Thor! I would expect better QA from this company! I have definitely learned my lesson on Thor products. Never again!
- Tony Nix, Texas

2021-03-11 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 28H View Listings

This motor home is in perfect like new condition. It only has 8,600 miles. It is very easy to drive. I am a 73 year old small lady and I drive, park and set it up. I lost my husband 3 years ago and just don't enjoy camping alone.
- Ruthie Carson, Arkansas

2021-03-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24HL View Listings

......great RV .......many annoying glitches but hey , nothing serious and overall a pleasant , well thought out holiday camper. Planning g a post Covid long haul 6-8 wks and looking forward to making the Four Winds our hi way home ! Especially like the MB chassis and fuel economy!
- William MacPhee, Ontario

2021-03-07 2021 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28A View Listings

Ford makes these chassis’s but doesn’t make replacement parts for them. Very irresponsible! I live in my RV and Ford and Ford Dealer/repair tells me I’ll be homeless for 6 months or more waiting for replacement parts. Would never buy Ford again.
- J Forlizzo, Florida

2021-03-06 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32A View Listings

This rv is fantastic. I got mine 40k used with 47k from dealer. Pro RV in Grapevine Tx( highly recommend this dealer they fixed everything wrong with it during the initial inspection free). I put roughly 1000$ making very minor repairs and some minor upgrades( solar, tv, gaming, water heater, caulking on shower, Full Led 5k natural white conversion). With this rv it would be wise to upgrade the suspension on front if you're taking long trips but otherwise its completely manageable. It comes with a relatively small propane tank best to have an electric heater ( no need for fancy one just a small one from walmart works). It tows very well although using the backup camera it doest show on the screen all too well you will want to upgrade that. The audio is ok you can install a set thats better from cartoys that sounds better i choose focal speakers they are the best sounding. Fuel mileage is great even when its loaded with hundreds of pounds of stuff including a loaded trailer. Never had any serious issues just minor issues mostly caused by my mistakes. Its very easy to manuever in tight spaces. I lived in it for roughly 3/4 of a year found it very spacious and accommodating. Its practically sound proof from noise outside. It retains heat inside in cold months very well. The factory seating is very comfortable much like a mercedes gl450. First trip I took it 1750 miles no issues it corners extremely well for an rv. Lots of storage. Bed is comfortable its a tempurpedic.
- J Thompson, Oregon

2021-03-06 2020 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 24SX View Listings

I bought this motorhome, my Mini Gem, in June 2020 at Motor Home Specialists in Alvarado Texas. My only other RV experience was a 3-week rental of a Winnebago Travato earlier in 2020. I have had many small problems and a couple of big problems with my Gemini (Mercedes Benz chassis) since purchase, but I love my motorhome, and am working with Thor to make my Gem everything I hoped it would be when I made the big investment as a 50 recent widow. I need to send out words of praise to Kayla Tee who monitors the Gemini/Compass Facebook group and steps in to offer assistance whenever she feels the group is not completely sufficient in their answers to other owners’ questions. And I especially need to praise Tristen Singleton who has helped me get reimbursement from Thor for defective batteries, other warranty problems that have happened during my travels, and given me some other important answers to questions that have vexed me as a newbie. He promptly answers emails and does research to try to address my issues. I did not feel this way about Thor until I made these two important connections, but as of this day, Kayla and Tristen have made my recent interactions with Thor a very “user friendly” experience, and they have my complete gratitude. I hope the executives at Thor read this review and give Kayla and Tristen big raises and lots of kudos for the goodwill they are generating for Thor by being excellent company representatives.
- Anne Hunt, Virginia

2021-03-02 2014 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 42WX View Listings

This coach is most comfortable and is a true luxury unit. Everything is high end and love the way it feels to out on the road with the family and enjoying life. Tows great with the 450 engine, would never know there was any thing behind the unit, even when traversing mountain passes. Great coach for the road.
- Carole Martinez, Arizona

2021-02-27 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Perfect size for two of us. Some issues with craftsmanship. Left front plastic cover for window post trimmed to short down window side. No big deal for us but think quality control is bad. Got 2 years on all batteries, better than I expected. Poorest location for chassis battery ever, taking dash apart and getting it in and out a real pain. I moved it down to right front storage compartment.no other issues at this time after 4 years and 60,000 miles. Did install rear ac unit as one don't cut it after 90 degrees and high humidity. Road walked a lot at first, so had it aligned at Ford at 100 miles. Drives solid now and has not changed. Camper world sucks big, but Thor service techs do a great job guiding you through any issues. Had a few tech issues but with their help fixed myself in few minutes or less for all of them. Good value for the money, happy campers.
- Michael Cowen, Arkansas