Thor Motor Coach Reviews on RV Insider (698)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-04-07 2018 Thor Motor Coach Compass 23TB View Listings

Bought this unit brand new. Could fill a page with all that has gone wrong or just did not work. It is so sad that the quality of work is so poor. I really cannot believe there is any quality control on there units. Parts used, such as bathroom sink, tv switch control, bed slates, etc are just the cheapest money can buy. My unit had spent way too much time in the shop during the first year. Look elsewhere
- Carl Smith, Arkansas

2020-04-05 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Great quality cabinets and great layout. Very poor craftsmanship. Unlike the factory video, no quality over site! Had a lot of simple problems that better craftsmanship or good quality oversight would have prevented!! No excuse for this at this price level!! Shop elsewhere!!!!!!
- Gary Leavesley , Pennsylvania

2020-03-26 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum 31WS View Listings

We have had trouble with the electrical system on this unit since we bought it. It has been in the shop more than it has been out camping. Every time we take it out, it has some other issue pop up. We are the second owner. The first owner only kept it long enough to drive it from Texas to Tennessee. That should have been our first warning not to buy it. But the coach is the perfect size for two people and the appearance of it, both inside and out, is spectacular! We should have had the remainder of the factory warranty as the coach was less than a year old but a Thor service rep told us the warranty was only for the original purchaser. After the one year warranty had expired, I called Thor again to check on recalls for electrical issues. She told me that we were entitled to the remainder of the factory warranty but since it had expired there was nothing they could do to help us. We have replaced house batteries twice and need to replace them again before we can take it out this year. We have replaced the regulator, the inverter, the Main on/off switch, fuses—-basically anything that had anything to do with the electrical system. And it is still draining the batteries, won’t charge them when we run the motor and/or generator. I would not recommend a Thor motor home to anyone!
- Helen Haas, Tennessee

2020-03-25 2018 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Ok the electric side of water heater dint work can’t start generator with firefly system just had to put the back splash back on the wall in kitchen gfi in the bathroom keep tripping also just Lose the camera on mirror. The basement when driving in the rain floods. I have two wires loose in water bay just hanging
- Nathan lawson, Ohio

2020-03-22 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A27 View Listings

It had problems from day one. We bought it in early 2019. It has been in the shop several times. We have only been able to use it on 2 weekends. There screws poking up through the linoleum. Screws poking through the skin at rear of coach. It took 3 2 hour trips to the shop where I purchased it just to get the sewer pipe lined up properly so I could attach the sewer hose. The steering while is bearing to the right about 10 degrees. 3 trips and it was still doing it even though they did 2 front end alignments. Had to repair sliding door because it had a big gouge in it. It also would not stay locked in open position. The door has been fixed. HD to replace a piece of vinyl on bedroom slide out. The fresh water tank fill hose came loose and flooded the floor. 2 trips to fix that. It took 3 trips before they finally replaced the radio. The Motorhome has been back to the shop for several weeks. They are waiting on parts. I am very upset because when you lay thousands of dollars on an RV it is so you can use it, not keep driving it 2 hours to the shop for repairs. Thank you for listening.
- Ray Yonts, Indiana

2020-03-21 2015 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 24.1 View Listings

Really liked the floor layout. Much nicer than the 20 ft we had. Shortly after purchase, drove it out West, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming. Wind pushes it all over the road. Previous owner (2800 miles. Now I know why he got rid of it) had a heavier steering rod stabilizer added attempting to make the thing more stable. To aid it making this thing easier to drive, I added heavier sway bars front and rear. Made a big difference. Had the front end aligned where I learned the steering stabilizer had been improperly installed. This helped. The driver seat is crap, so I bought a new seat. Much improved. Still unstable in cross winds and by semis. Bought Sumosprings for front and rear. Not yet installed. Will update after installation. I would avoid this motorhome if you plan on driving it much. Love it when parked.
- Gary Pope, Ohio

2020-03-20 2015 Thor Motor Coach Siesta Sprinter 24SR View Listings

Purchased our 2015 in 2019. Construction appears to be very good and have had only 1 problem. Batteries would not hold charge. Then realize they were 6 years old. Sold our travel trailor wife did not want to drive it. She loves this Thor Siesta 24sr. Drives and handles like a car.
- Robert Rapp , California

2020-03-19 2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau Citation 24SR View Listings

WE LOVE THE MERCEDES CHASSIS BUT THE THOR IS VERY POOR QUALITY. THE FIRST DAY WE HAD IT THE STEP WOULD NOT OPERATE, THEY REPLACED IT BUT STILL DOES NOT OPERATE PROPERLY. THE COUCH DRAWER WILL NOT STAY CLOSED. THE SLID E OUTS CAME APART EXTERIOR. MY HUSBAND HAD TO REBUILD. IT HAD A LEAK UNDER THE KITCHEN SINK BECAUSE THE FITTINGS WERE NOT TIGHT. HAD TO REPLACE ALL THE LATCHES ON THE DRAWER BECAUSE THEY BROKE. THE BATHROOM SINK IS RUSTING. THE BIG PROBLEM IS THE SEATS AND COUCH ARE PEALING AND THE FACTORY KNOWS THEY HAVE A PROBLEM BUT WILL NOT HELP. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER THOR. CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY DO NOT HAVE. BY THE WAY THIS COACH IS GARAGE KEEP AND HAS ONLY 3900 MILES. IT HAD 1500 WHEN WE BOUGHT IT NEW.
- FREDA PENNINGTON, Florida

2020-03-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 26B View Listings

The 26B is a good size it’s not too large but it’s small enough to fit into our driveway. We have had six people sleeping in this unit without any problem. I really like the 18 foot awning, And it has LED lighting for nighttime barbecues. The outside TV makes it convenient to watch the morning news while I cook bacon and eggs. At night we can watch television in the evening from our queen size bed. Overall I think the 26B was a real winner for Thor motorcoach.
- Del Averdick , Florida

2020-03-13 2018 Thor Motor Coach Compass 23TK View Listings

the concept is great, and my wife loves the floor plan. as for the "workmanship and quality control", they don't exist, the wiring under the unit was a mess,some of it wasn't hooked up,and some was to the wrong place. The mud flap was tied up with a plastic zip tie which was also holding up tail pipe for the generator, when the pipe got hot everything fell to the ground. the gray tank for the shower had the cut out piece at the top of tank fall in tank and ended up restricting the gate valve emptying the tank. the vent for the plumbing was restricted from working because some filings and putty were dropped in from the top making it impossible for the sinks to drain when both were full. the 7 way plug used when pulling a trailer was dangling by a wire, as was the propane hookup for a grill blowing in the wind, these are just a few the things I have addressed, dining room table great idea but total junk I completely overhauled it. I understand it is like an earth quake on the road things shake loose, I've had a number rvs', but I don't think I have ever seen kind of workmanship. I'm extremely disappointed. As far as the FORD TRANSIT goes, the motor is great power and mileage are super,however we are having lots of trouble with the exaust filter, we have been to 3 big FORD dealer ships, one of them we went to, made the comment this is the first one I've seen in an RV you are not supposed to let them idle with a "CHUCKLE". It is a lot of money to spend on something new for a good time, of 11000 miles in a year 3000 were a good time, we are seriously thinking about trading it in, talk about a waste of money!!!! Don't buy anything RV wise that has THOR on it, there is way too many of us having the same problems.
- Tom Jackson, Wyoming

2020-03-07 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

We purchased the Class C RV used from a dealer who gets them from a company that rents them out. We wish we had shopped around more. We had a nicer trailer, but wanted a Class C so we can take it when we go Jeeping. The quality of this RV is mediocre and limited inside storage. The passenger seat would be fine for someone under 5' tall and cannot be reclined or moved back. The shower is about 18" above the floor and the toilet is on a pedestal. The shower door does not have any sort of latch and does not close properly, so water sprays all over the bathroom floor. The bedroom is small and we have to slide the mattress off the bed to reach the top to replace bedding. There is a large window above the bed, which is bright and can be chilly. We will be replacing this soon.
- Pento, California

2020-03-06 2018 Thor Motor Coach Compass 23TR View Listings

Just don't buy. We spent more time getting this unit fixed than we spent in it. Totally waste of our money and Thor does nothing. They don't even return calls. We ended up having to trade in after only 6 months at a loss of 20k. DO NOT BUY THOR.
- Bridget , Wisconsin

2020-03-06 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Purchased May 2019–had refrigerator leak, vinyl flooring came up, shower leaks, wall behind stove not properly attached, 2 tire blowouts under 10k miles, a/c issues x2 first time under 3 weeks purchased, bunkhouse slide out not working, poor quality and very poor workmanship. DO NOT BUY this type of unit.
- Mike Mitchell, Georgia

2020-03-04 2020 Thor Motor Coach Omni SV34 View Listings

Just got back from 30 days trip was good the RV was a series of fixing thing that were wrong. The step coming into RV would not retract all the way greased it 3 times to keep it working. the cushions on the kitchenette are creased and the couch is the same. The gauges for gray and black water were always reading full the fresh water goes from full to 33%. Looking under the unit the wiring is all lose and hanging down. The hydraulic lines are rubbing on the frame coils of excess hoses are under the unit. The Bed is lifts up for closing the slide but will not stay when trying to watch TV or Read in bed. The slide out leaks air and water, going down the road you freeze from cold air coming in. Much more needs to be fixed starting with the quality of the unit. I would never buy or recommend their products even to my worst enemy.that how bad I feel the prodoct is.
- Rick Wall, New York

2020-03-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Great floor plan; however, the quality of the motor home is extremely poor. We’ve had issues with the AC, outside tv has been replaced by us personally, the rear ladder is not very sturdy, right side headlight cover fell off and I could go on. Very disappointing experience and we met another couple last November who have had the same experience. There are other brands. Make sure you do your homework when buying a Thor Aria. We are greatly disappointed and will have to impact resale.
- William Norton , Florida

2020-03-02 2016 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 25.3 View Listings

Full disclosure, I am selling my parents which I have used two times. Things I loved about it: Engine, it purrs - Ford Triton V10 Floor layout - would have picked sofa instead of dinette, personally. Queen walk around slide out - loved it. Fridge - worked great. Bed over cab - great use of space even for storage. Visually gorgeous. Winter package - worked great for us. 8k generator - great TVs and entertainment system - super. Things I hated: Cheap pleather/leather - I replaced ours the first year. Locating fuses and safety switches - call Thor and they will send you diagrams. Main one you will need is located under the hoses at the engine battery. (Just a reset, but you’ll need it!) Stereo - get an upgrade. Entry door- needs upgraded safety strap so the wind doesn’t take it. AND THE WORST - drawer close keepers!! Stink! We replaced ours immediately. Drawers opened constantly while driving. Went with magnetic strips and are great now. Overall super comfy, but Thor should address or recall these hated items.
- Shandy jlaus, Florida

2020-02-29 2019 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

We enjoy how our new Motor Coach handles, it drives great. We are very disappointed in the quality of the interior, we are especially disappointed in the dealership (Camping World) that sold us the new Motor Coach. Since our purchase about nine weeks ago, the coach has spent most of this time in CW Shop, We would not recommend anyone buying Thor or buying from Camping World.
- Tom Ridenhower, North Carolina

2020-02-29 2016 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 32N View Listings

Love our 2016 Thor Windsport 32N. Great floor plan and very livable. Good amount of storage and comfortable ride. Have had a few years now with no major mechanical or other issues. Love the full size refrigerator and built in ice maker.
- Jana Walls , Oklahoma

2020-02-26 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Between Thor and their coconspirators at Camping World this has been the worst mistake I’ve ever made. Horrible workmanship and terrible service. Based on my personal experience, I would never recommend either Thor products or Camping World sales and service. I cant wait to get rid of it !
- M Bartholomew , Florida

2020-02-24 2016 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 35.1 View Listings

I have stayed as a guest in this RV on 3 trips up and down the east coast. I thoroughly enjoyed its amenities. It has all the bells and whistles. It handles well on the roads. It provided many comfortable evenings making meals and enjoying all it has to offer. It is kept in a enclosed garage when it was not on the road. For an extra price, there is also a tow vehicle available.
- bhelming, South Carolina

2020-02-23 2017 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

1st RV ever owned. Driving is a pleasure. Towing my 2018 Silverado 1500 is a breeze. Was getting 11.5mph towing Rx350 on tow dolly but now getting 10.2 towing my truck. Haven't had any major issues. 13750 miles on it. Only complaint is access to rear black tank.
- Rick Goss, Texas

2020-02-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach Synergy SK24 View Listings

My wife and I have been looking for a motor home for 3 years checking out dozens of models but only a few mfg. We finally decided on the Thor Synergy SD24 since it's just the two of us and our dogs. We picked it up from the dealer and started our 1100 mile trip home to see how it handled. It was a great ride the Sprinter Mercedes diesel got great mileage and handled very well even going through an Arizona monsoon that I thought would never end. Great coach for the money.
- JERRY CHAMBERS, New Mexico

2020-02-20 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 33.1 View Listings

This unit seemed ok at first! What a nightmare. I was installing drag bars under the rear bumper and water starts leaking out of the hot water tank! It's only two (2) weeks old. The drawer latch breaks at the dining table, there is a gap in the entry door (whistling sound as you drive). There is debris inside the water tank area, like nobody can use a vacuum to clean up after construction! What else is gonna break on this HEAP?? I've already had to cancel a trip because Camping World needs to look at unit before we can use it?
- Lance Wilson, California

2020-02-16 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33 2 View Listings

I am 75 years old and have had some kind of rv all my adult life and this 2014 Thor product is the worst quality built I have ever seen or owned. Cheap materials is one thing ( which they use big time) but just poor workmanship should be a crime for what you pay for a class a rv. Thor has to focus on schedule and ZERO concern for quality work. I built airplanes for 32 years and would not have made one year with workmanship like Thor puts out. One example only - all the material on all the furniture pealed off - Thor said won’t help on furniture- I have talked to other rv folks and they had same problem - they should have recalled. I will stay 1000 miles away from a Thor product when I buy again.
- Robert vose, South Carolina