Thor Motor Coach RVs Reviews (518)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2019-06-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum GR22 View Listings

I’ve had this RV for two years and to replace all of the batteries. None of them held a charge - the cab one was not strong enough to start the engine- the coach batteries had dead cells and cracked after being being recharged. The coach batteries leaked giving off chloine gas. With a full propane tank onboard I could have burnt alive or died in the explosion
- Barney Rubitsky, New York

2019-06-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

We purchased our Thor Motorcoach in Feb. 2017 - brand new. First time out we had a major leak in the roof at the back of the RV and heater did not work (had to have a part replaced). 2 recalls in the first year. Took cover off this year and MORE leaks - SEVERAL this time. So disappointed and if we have had this many leaks in 2 years I can't imagine what's to come. We are new RV owners but I can't believe all these leak issues are normal for a vehicle only 2 years old! I think I have to recommend staying away from these to anyone thinking of buying!!
- Melissa M, Illinois

2019-06-04 2015 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37ND View Listings

Great livability in this Thor Motor Coach! Here are some of the highlights - Full size refrigerator, Double sink, convection/microwave make prep time like home! - King size bed - love the split bathroom with shower separate - Great experience when using the generator for those times when not in an RV park. -Driving is smooth - a little play when a tractor passes -Our choice to purchase a motor home was the best as we can use all the functions in the RV without having to stop at a highway rest stop. Making a sandwich and going to the bathroom is possible while on the go. - Hook ups are easy enough with water, electric and sewer -Furnace keeps us cozy in cooler temps - Only one A/C unit is needed most of the time - we enjoy the option of using the outdoor T.V. - Awning could be a little longer - Love the outdoor kitchen, very functional - More than ample storage - 3 slides makes the Motor coach spacious
- renaparno@gmail.com, Ontario

2019-06-04 2012 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32A View Listings

We have had this RV for 5 years. We looked at over 100 coaches while shopping for a new RV. The moment I stepped in this one, I knew this was the one! I loved the size, color, floor plan and storage. The only thing I might have changed was another bathroom sink😉
- Marcia, Michigan

2019-05-31 2014 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 34.1 View Listings

We have enjoyed this RV to the extreme. It is very convenient to get ready in the mornings with two bathrooms. There is more than ample storage both inside and out along with large tanks for gray and black.The rear and side cameras make for easy driving and the large windshield makes the views unbelievable vs a Class C. It is very convenient as a woman not to have to ask my husband to pull over so that I can use the restroom, I just unbuckle and head back. It we are stuck in traffic and he wants a sandwich or chips I just head back and we keep on truckin. We added a fireplace to keep the chill off in the evenings rather than using the furnace and also added the tracking satellite which makes for a fun trip with the grandchildren. They can catch Disney on the couch and be quite content. Or you can sit back and watch HGTV. One of the best features is the dual sleep number bed we added. So you have all the features of home just on wheels and free to roam the country.
- Joy, Illinois

2019-05-29 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 23U View Listings

I found this vehicle to be perfect for two people driving cross country with a dog. I chose the Chateau model 23U which has no pullouts and found that the floor plan worked very well. The full-size bed in the back was very comfortable and the kitchen and bathroom were spacious and well placed.
- Bob Keher, South Carolina

2019-05-27 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Purchased unit new from national dealer at local rv sales center. Poor overall quality. A/C runoff into living area. Shades/blinds string breaks (two windows, one happened twice). House battery does not hold a charge. Gauges for grey and black tanks never show actual. When empty, they show 3/4 full. LP gauge only shows 3/4 or less. Interior fit and finish haphazard. Back up camera view difficult to make out when backing in shadows. Replaced "queen" bed mattress for comfort reasons. Aexerra radio/cd/carplay unit difficult to adjust. TV in one of the bunk beds went out in first year. Drawers in kitchen under sink and under fridge do not stay closed. Service department at rv dealer has "fixed" the drawers twice and one still does not stay closed. Sliding door between bunk beds and queen bed came open during driving. When it came open, it came off the track. Was repaired three times. Finally service dept put retainer strap to hold it in closed position. Still not totally usable as now will not open all the way to block off the bed area. Owners manual is generic and most info does not apply to the unit. Service dept does not return calls. Had to get corporate involved for the dealer service dept to call me back. Good: Ford makes an excellent drive train.
- Thisuldo, South Carolina

2019-05-21 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

We bought this new from the dealer. The 1st day we returned it with a list of over 10 items. In the 1st year we had replaced under warranty: water pump, DVD player, microwave, stove (2), and the mattress (2).They repaired both the cab and the RV air conditioner. Screw heads broke off. After visiting the dealer several times, we had to travel to Elkhart to have the manufacturer fix more things. All the so-called beds are uncomfortable. The cab is noisy. The TV can't be used when it is raining since the sound is poor. No storage for silverware other than the oven. The shower goes to the black tank instead of the gray tank. Overall poor design and extremely poor quality.
- Cindy Belt, Florida

2019-05-18 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

We have had no major problems with our RV. We were not planning to buy one but we saw the Thor ace and it was the perfect floorplan and size for my husband and myself. We did have small issues after our first outing of three weeks however Thor took care of them as well as DeMondtron RV in Texas City where we purchased our brand new coach. This will be our third summer with it and We are going to take it out for six weeks. We hope that we have safe travels. I hear a lot of bad things about other Thor models but we have been very fortunate with our ace and look to possibly upgrade to a 32.1 or 33.1 in the near future.
- Cathy Roark , Texas

2019-05-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Venetian A40 View Listings

When we decided to travel full time for a year or so, we upgraded to our Venetian. We had a few issues to start with (as with any new MH) but love the layout of the A40, bath and 1/2, theatre seating, large screen TV (especially during football season) and W/D has come in so handy. With central vac, it has been easy to clean to keep clean. There is so much storage, between cupboards, underneath, etc. We tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee and find the MH has no problem climbing mountains, fully loaded. We've been everywhere we wanted to travel to and are grateful we upgraded to do our traveling in comfort and style.
- Lee Wise, Washington

2019-05-15 2004 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 33SL View Listings

I purchased this RV used from a local dealership where it was traded in by the original owner. It was my first RV and I wanted to bring home something affordable to see if I liked RV'ing. In short, the Hurricane has been the ideal coach for my family and I, and we are now definitely an RV'ing family. The Hurricane has been rock solid and we've taken it on many short and a couple long trips. We recently did 12 nights around the southwest including Zion, Grand Canyon, and Joshua Tree. All the systems have worked flawlessly, and the coach is VERY comfortable. The bedroom is spacious and there are three very large windows, so it feels very open and you can take in the view from outside (which is why you're RV'ing in the first place!). There is a TON of storage, both inside and around the exterior of the coach. Plenty of room for all of your stuff. The kitchen is big and well layed out making cooking a treat. Definitely recommend the Hurricane!
- Adam G., California

2019-05-08 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

Great family RV . On board generator is great to have. Having a electric awning is great Very easy unit to drive. This RV will sleep 4-6 people comfortably. Ready for some summer adventures? Hit the road with turn key RV and have some summer fun!
- ron, Arizona

2019-05-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24HL View Listings

Thor I wanted to write a note to your company to tell you how satisfied I am with the people and product that they turned out for me. From the moment Thor contacted me on my complaint it was handled in a expeditious and professional manner by your representative Jason Treadway. The repair team I work with was led by Brian who kept me informed throughout the process. The team went beyond my expectations. The motorhome went in for one problem a leak in the roof which cause the floor to the degrade but while being worked on if they encountered another problem they repaired it. I am truly thankful and will pass on my my observations to my fellow RV people. Thank you Tim and Karen McCarthy
- Timothy McCarthy, Florida

2019-05-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

I've owned many motorhomes and campers in my lifetime so I've seen good and poor quality but this 2018 Thor Class C is the worst I've ever seen. The materials are extremely cheap and the workmanship is very very poor. From doors not closing properly, to a leaking faucet to no insulation in the cab - extremely noisey driving down the road. Trim is falling off all over the place. The subfloor is delaminating in areas where there are no water lines. The slide out struggles to go in and out, as well as the power awning. We bought the RV with 10,000 miles on it. Pure junk for $80,000. Thor, Jayco is all the same junk. Embarrassing to show our friends. I can't believe a company would build a pile of crap like this.
- Mark, Wisconsin

2019-05-03 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

This motorhome is very easy to drive. Handles well on the highway and on country back roads. The freezer will even keep ice cream solid which wasn't recommended by the manufacturer. We were surprised. Beds are very comfortable and it is so enjoyable to sit outside under the awning. Bathroom and shower a good size even for large people like us. Plenty of storage space for clothes, kitchen supplies and food. Also has a hitch to attach to tow a vehicle.
- Linda, South Carolina

2019-05-02 2017 Thor Motor Coach Venetian A40 View Listings

We bought our Venetian 2 years ago after looking at others diesel pusher in the same size. We love the lay-out, and all of the features it had to offer. We had your typical new coach issues, but were able to work through them and have enjoyed our trips over the last two years. We weren't sure we would use the washer/dryer, central vacuum (mainly tile floors) but love having all these features. We love the bath and 1/2, and husbands favorite is the satellite with a 55' TV (especially during football season)
- Lee Wise, Washington

2019-04-29 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Let's start with the dining area. Most uncomfortable of 3 motorhomes I've owned. Headliner over driver coming down. TV is not a Smart TV, stereo is terrible very tinny sound, more like monotone, first backup camera didnt work, second visual is also terrible. Sealed section on the external are starting to swell. This is barely a year old. Driveability good, mpg 9.5-10 at 65mph. Pilot goes out continuously on water and fridge. Need to fidget with stove so it lights. Luann paneling inside Chips when serviced. Not happy at all.
- John F Hamilton, North Carolina

2019-04-24 2015 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37KT View Listings

Love this floor and the reason we bought this RV. We needed a plan that offered privacy for guests (2 children & 4 grandchildren staying with us) and to have space for a home office. Plus the living area has a more home like feel to it with captain chairs, with a small table between them, sofa, electric fireplace, and large screen TV. This motor home has 4 TVs, 3 inside and one outside. To be honest I thought it was a little ridiculous to have a fireplace in a motorhome but when we wintered in FL we used it all the time for those chilly mornings. The kitchen has a full size refrigerator which is opposite the door into the motorhome to unload groceries, and an area plumbed for washer & dryer, we use that area for a pantry. The bathroom has a 2 way access for guests and the bedroom area. This motorhome also has a kingsize bed with large end stands on each side, which you don't find in a lot of motorhomes let alone in a 37 footer, something that I was told to look for by seasoned RVers. Another tip from other RVers is to make sure when the slides are in you have access to your bed for those overnighters on the road when boon docking. You can access your bed through the bathroom when the slides are in on this floor plan. This something I didn't think about when I was looking at RVs/RV shows with all the slides out. Tons of storage space in this motor home, inside and the basement. We used the outside TV almost everyday when weather is good. I gave the 4 stars to quality because you get what you pay for. You get a lot for this motorhome for the price. To be honest before I saw this floor plan I was looking at Tiffin, maybe better quality but you pay for it too. I have had a lot Tiffin neighbors as well as others who all have problems with their motorhomes. Lets face it you are taking a home on the road and with the conditions of our roads you are lucky to get to your destination without having a bunch of screws, etc. on the floor! The most important thing is to find a dealer/repairman that you trust and will support you when you have problems. The beauty of RVers is their is always someone around to help you if you are having issues, compare notes/experiences. If you are not handy you will learn to become more handy! One other note with the newer motorhomes is the safety features such as back and side cameras to see your blind spots. We have really enjoyed this layout and people who have seen it have wanted to buy the same floor plan. Their dealer at the time couldn't find one in the country for them to buy. I was told by the salesman we bought ours from that they are not making this floor plan anymore and it's hard to find. We have not had major issues and a lot of the issues were technician errors at the dealer, like not winterize properly or installing incorrectly. So overall I can say we love this motorhome.
- Linda Bewley, Michigan

2019-04-19 2017 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37TB View Listings

We bought this couch brand new from a dealer in Burleson Texas. The day we took delivery should have been the time to run like crazy, but the dealer told us they would are everything right. Well here we are 2019 still don’t have satisfaction at all. Let’s start with the couch we asked them to demo it when we took delivery on how it opens up to a bed well 6 count them 6 service guys and sales reps later know on had a clue how it worked. We sent a video to Thor Corporation and they sent us a demo video back low and behold it was not even the same couch. They did offer to send us new cushions because that is what they felt the problem was I now have 4 complete sets of cushions none of which has solved the problem. We received a new couch to replace the one in the RV we were finally feeling happy till we opened the box and realized they sent us the exact same couch. OMG are you kidding. t has literally spent more time in the shop then my drive way. It has been back to the dealer numerous time, back to the factory once so far. Even to the body shop to put the back cap back on that fell off. To our surprise was put on the RV with a few small screws, thank goodness nobody went up the ladder that would have ended badly. We have had a water leak into the camper due to hoses not being connected at the factory and guess what they are to short to connect. My husband had to go to Lowes and buy a hose to go in between them. We had to replace all the speakers in the unit in the first few months at our expense all of them had holes in them. The shower floor pan had to be replaced due to leaking. The flooring had to be repaired (which looks bad still ) due to not being installed properly at the factory. The out side door trim has been replaced numerous time and still fails off at any point weather parked or driving the unit. Oh and the door wont stay true so you may have to force your way out like we have had to do numerous times. My grandchildren fell through the dining table bench(thank goodness no injuries) My husband rebuilt it come to find out a bench seat with absolutely no supports in them at all. the draws don’t stay shut when going down the road, these have also been fixed numerous times as well. Still not fixed. Thor had a driver come pick up our unit take it to Indiana from Central Texas to fix a very long list of items. TO our surprise it came back worse then when it left our house. Here is my recommendation to anyone thinking of buying any Thor product DON’T DO IT. Find a product they do not make and start there, They have horrible quality control or should I say no quality control. I can see why their motorized divisions are losing money by the multi millions every quarter
- Penny Alves, Texas

2019-04-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22B View Listings

We have really had no issues. Only had to have a blind adjusted and the kitchen sink faucet tightened. Other than that we have been lucky. Our dealership is Click it RV in Spokane. They have been outgoing every time we had questions. It was our first motorhome. We just traded it in for a 2019 Chateau 28Z. Hope this goes just as well.
- David Price, Washington

2019-04-16 2012 Thor Motor Coach Serrano 33A View Listings

Drives great and towe’s good also. Very quiet when cruzeing down the highway. Lots of storage space underneath, very comfortable interior. Lots of window in the front for veiwing the country side as you are driving. Good quality workmanship thru out the motor home. I would recommend this RV to other people.
- Mickey Ouzts , Arizona

2019-04-16 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I purchased this 2018 Thor class c I'm very disappointed when I turn the air conditioner I get all kinds of sawdust all over my bed and thru out the cabin,and after a year it conrinues. I have to tape a garbage bag over the vent when I drive. also there is all kinds of drips from the sealant in the bathroom in the shower dripping down the Walls.the putty in the si k is peeling off. Also there are issues with the blinds, none of them are straight no matter what I do I can't get them to be even.the vents are uneven. The tv is poor and the VCR does not work right . The campers is very noisy .I am very disappointed that the workmanship of this camper is very shoddy for the price that I paid I would never buy this one again.
- Vicki McCaulley , Wisconsin

2019-04-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 BUNKHOUSE View Listings

We have had owned pop-up's , C Class , A Class and 5th wheels . Decided at our age we needed a new A Class . Was talking into Thor Ace Bunk and had troubles from day one. Front window leaked , Door did not fit correctly , front of cabinet of bathrooms sink came lose . Bathroom wall came lose . Shower door gasket fell out and they glued it to the outside instead of putting it in the channel it was suppose to go in. Stove burner was not attached and dent put in oven door by service department . The slide would not work . The back up camera has gone out twice . The list goes on and on . Wish I had never seen this Coach . Garbage .... DO NOT BUY THOR PRODUCT AND FORGET CAMPER WORLD !!
- Carlene, Georgia

2019-04-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Synergy TT24 View Listings

We bought this Thor Motor Coach new in November 2018. We traded it for another brand 2 months later. This Coach had water leaks, floor damage, mold & mildew. There were holes in the underbelly. The galley drawers were falling apart. It was not sealed properly. There was a lot of wind coming into the motor home when we drove it. It felt as if we were in a convertible, riding around with the top down. I will never buy a Thor product again.
- Zaida Goings, Florida