Thor Motor Coach Reviews on RV Insider (817)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-10-17 2020 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.6 View Listings

Bought this new July 2020. We like the floor plan, drives OK but we are upgrading steering and rear end, blown all over the road in Nevada deserts. Suggest anyone negotiate this into the coach before purchase. Big issue is poor dealer support, Camping World in Meridian, ID do not return phone calls. Plan on towing my Tacoma pickup when I feel comfortable driving this thing, quality is not the best but typical of a RV.
- Mike K, Idaho

2020-10-17 2011 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 28U View Listings

This vehicle has a great living space with slide in, including walk around bed in back. It has lots of underneath and inside storage which is easy to access. It has a privacy door to bedroom and curtain for separating bathroom area, so essentially can be divided into 3 separate areas for privacy. Top bunk may have custom mattress placed over drivers cabin and has privacy curtain also. The u-shaped dinette allows for a bigger sleep space when needed and larger more comfortable eating space or seating for traveling. The floorplan is very comfortable with traveling and sleeping 6 people easily as stated. The length is small enough for those who have never driven an RV and easy to drive. This vehicle is able to fit most RV park lots with a length of 29 foot. It is also easy to tow your car on the back and add bike racks. They do not make this vehicle model any longer unfortunately which makes it a rare find.
- Jessica, Texas

2020-10-16 2011 Thor Motor Coach Serrano 31X View Listings

Owned our RV since 2013. Excellent condition. Not one problem. It's a dream to drive and travel in. Have drove cross country several times and have enjoyed each and every trip! If you are looking for a top quality motor home, I recommend this one!
- Ann Smith, Illinois

2020-10-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

Bought the Thor Ace at Motor Home Specialists in Alvarado, Tx. We thought this was a perfect size and the price was better than others. Driving out of dealership was the biggest mistake we have ever made. Immediately we found several (9) things that were wrong the biggest issue was he sink would not drain, the outside mirrors were defective and the camera would not work, the door would not close correctly, the levelling system was defective, could see the road from the door floor and the a/c stopped working. It took weeks of back and forth to finally admit to ourselves that the service department at this place didn't know how to fix those complex items like the a/c. Many weeks of driving to different places from Ford to Camping World of New Braunfels and still the problems existed. They would fix one thing and another thing would fall apart. The levelling system had a leak and the levels would not retract. We finally had to contact a Lemon Lawyer and we were able to get some relief from the defects. The company would not take the unit back so we sued them. We were able to negotiate an extended year of warranties and $5,000 for our misery. I would not buy another Thor Ace and after two years we are thinking of selling it. It is cheaply made, the bed is uncomfortable, the steering depletes your strength and stamina. We placed a stabilizer bar in the front and it help a little. These should come standard on all Thor coaches. If you are in love with the floor plan, find a used one that has had all the things that could go wrong fixed. The builders must not have quality controls in place. According to the service department at Motor Home Specialists, they spend more time servicing new models after they have been bought then the older models. They say that the company is putting out these models fast because they are more interested in selling them fast. BE CAREFUL! Disappointed in Texas
- robert.alfaro51, Texas

2020-10-14 2014 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31E View Listings

Our family loved the RV experience. My son will be in Afghanistan for a good while, so we have decided to sell it. The RV is in perfect condition. Biweekly, I go and run the generator to make sure it stays in good condition. The leather recliner chairs are new. It has a stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator and freezer. Stand alone shower and TV’s. It can sleep8~10 people.
- JoAnn Robinson, Georgia

2020-10-14 2014 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds View Listings

As a family going on the few trips were an awesome experience for us all. We’ve only had for 2 years. Because my son is in Afghanistan, we just do the routine maintenance on it running the generator every 2 weeks to keep it in tip top condition.
- JoAnn Robinson, Georgia

2020-10-06 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

We purchased a 2021 Magnitude 3 months ago. We were only able to use it once because its been in the shop most of the time. Issues were the front AC. The refrigerator doesn't work. Dealer keeps fixing it but only lasts a week before it goes out again. Door steps getting stuck and doesn't pull back in. Fuel tank takes over 30 minutes plus to fill. We have had to cancel numerous trips and vacations because of these problems. Our motorhome has been at Dixie RV in Breaux Bridge, LA more than it is with us. It has been a very frustrating experience because these problems are not being resolved by the dealer or Thor manufacturer.
- Savann Mok, Louisiana

2020-10-03 2020 Thor Motor Coach Sequence 20L View Listings

Inside cabin is very quiet. Fuel mileage is between 15 -18 mpg. Camper portion works entirely from your phone if you wish, solar panel keeps the camper batterys up. Easy to maneuver on the road. Inside cabin height is 6 from 4 inches.
- joe Deufemiq, Florida

2020-10-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22B View Listings

We purchased this slightly used in 2017 from Camping World. The buying experience was OK. Our sales person was not knowledgeable about RV's and how they operate but I was so we were able to get through. The deal was great from my perspective. We had a class "A" with numerous problems including a leak that could not be found that was causing damage. We owed a considerable amount of money on it. We got the trade paid off and still got the almost new RV for market price. We are very happy with the 22B. It has had one or two problems with the chassis and coach but nothing serious. Beware of the relays in the Chevy chassis. The don't do well sitting a lot and will fail. We have had two go bad already causing starting problems. It was an easy inexpensive fix but since the problem was intermittent it was hard to diagnose. I still prefer the Chevy Chassis over the Ford. I've had both and the Chevy has many advantages over the Ford. It is very easy to drive and park do to it's size yet the floor plan makes it a prefect size for me and my wife. It has ample storage and we were able to take everything we need with us. The quality of the build was better than what I expected. Overall we love our little motorhome and it has fit our needs perfectly. While many people have problems with Camping World our experience was ok. Their service ability is not what it should be. Warranty work takes forever and the quality of the work is questionable. We ended up taking ours to a private RV repair facility and were more that satisfied with the quality of service we received. If you're looking for a small motorhome and the ability to travel without a toad this RV makes it easy.
- John Anthony DelDuco Jr, Maryland

2020-09-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

I own a 2017 THOR ACE 30.3 I have noticed a few reviews/comments from owners of THOR products. Those reviews complain mostly about support, or lack there of from the manufacturer. Just like when you purchase a car, your support/warranty is provided by the dealer that you purchased the unit from and has very little is anything to do with the company that assembled the coach, car, trailer or RV other than original appearance and quality. As far as comments about “Fit and Finish” any minor issues that we encountered have been easily corrected and improved. That said, our coach has traveled to 41 of the 48 contiguous United States and has 20K miles, with no issues worth mentioning, it is a solid coach. Easy to drive and comfortable to be in. At this time I would have no hesitation or concerns to start it up and travel anywhere, it’s ready to go. BTW, that is apparently the opinion of every other ACE owner that we encountered in our travels. RVing is an adventure, enjoy the time on "the road" its amazing.
- Ralph S., Texas

2020-09-27 2019 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 45JA View Listings

Bought new from Golden Gait in Concord, NC. Didn’t make it out of the dealership, water tank fitting wasn’t fully glued and water was pouring out. Dealer glued and I stayed over night. Didn’t make it home, DEF warning came on, slow rolled into Louisville Freightliner, DEF module had to be replaced. First trip, rain starts outside, waterfall follows inside the coach. Kitchen vent not properly sealed. Trip two, no hot water, aqua hot leaked out all coolant, massive puddle under Coach. 6 months after purchasing new, I’m headed back to the dealer with 32 items on the repair list, not counting all the items I fixed myself. If you can’t afford an Entegra or Newall, Thor is nothing more than an entry level diesel pusher big rig. All of the fit and finish is average. Simple items, like bolting the side mirrors versus using wood screws (yes, I fixed it). Half of the drawers stay locked, half open while driving. Lesson I have learned is that the $100K-$200K price from Thor to Entegra is all about the “little things”. I can live with the 450 hp engine versus the 605, I don’t need power sliding storage trays. But, I do need a coach that runs, doesn’t leak and provides basic living (ie: hot water). Today, in preparation for the drive to Charlotte, the toilet stopped flushing. I’ll give it to the dealer, let them do their best, and see if, maybe, we can resolve the list of “bugs”. If not, I’m taking the loss and trading it in for one that the manufacturer put the appropriate quality into the build to match the price and expectation. Our Thor Tuscany 45JA has been a big disappointment. Even at the lower price point, I would expect basic livability. 6 months into a new coach, I shouldn’t have to expect a 2-3 week service.
- Jonathan Garrett, Ohio

2020-09-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3401 View Listings

We bought Aria 3401 used with 8500 miles, and have had great experiences ever since. We have put 9500 miles on it, and collectively close to 60 nights on the road. The original owner's file showed minor factory fixes when the unit was new. We love everything about our Aria, and get loads of compliments from our RV friends (many have luxury coaches). With a couple of issues, Thor phone support was able to talk me through them, they had a great attitude and are available 24/7. Regarding RV's in general...you wont find a model or manufacturer that avoids the negatives as posted here. RV's are complex and can come with manufacturing issues. Understandably, the worst experiences of a new owner always get posted on an online forum. *Key - Dealerships are independent; In general, the poor level of RV dealership service centers in the industry doesn't help, and manufacturers take the heat. Thor, Winnebago, Tiffen, etc.. are the manufacturer and are responsible for improving their build quality, but these manufacturers have no control over the repair schedules and lack of urgency that dealerships display. I think the majority of owner frustrations are amplified by the poor service from dealerships taking months to rectify issues on an exciting new toy that costs in excess of $200K.
- Robert Cleeland, California

2020-09-24 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Just bought it a few days ago. It’s our first RV. It doesn’t have a convection/ microwave oven when was told it would have. It’s just a microwave. How am I suppose to cook for my family? Plus there’s no regular oven. It also has no jacks. I would appreciate at least an oven to cook, which I do have at home. I don’t eat out. So,What kind of enjoyment do you expect will come when on the road. I will never recommend a Thor to anyone. I would tell people make sure it has everything they promised you before you buy it. I’m so unhappy, I rather just park it! So much for traveling around our beautiful country.
- Gina, Florida

2020-09-23 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

Small things the factory should have caught but quick to fix! Love the King Bed!! A must for campers to enjoy camping experience. Like others, mattress not the best. Get lots of compliments on interior. Added extra backsplash at stove and bathroom with peel and stick pieces. Made a difference!!
- Joe Kinsey, Tennessee

2020-09-22 2018 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 24TX View Listings

We are in our third season with the Gemini. The Sprinter chassis has been dependable and delivered great mileage during this time. Would definitely recommend any class B or C with a Sprinter chassis. The box is another story. Workmanship is poor and repairs are constant. Besides the little things like fixing drawers and replacing screws that are always falling out from somewhere the biggest issue so far was when the front cowl above the cab came loose in the beginning of the second season. The rattle made any trip unbearable. After a $700 fix its happening again in our third season. In my opinion this was more of a design issue than workmanship.Looking for a Class A next year. Won’t be a Thor product.
- Douglas Wolford, Pennsylvania

2020-09-20 2020 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35M View Listings

We have owned our Hurricane 35m for one year next month. And we can't wait until spring so we can sell it. Just as soon as we continue to use the warranty to keep fixing it, which is all we seem to be doing. I think that who ever worked on this RV came in drunk on Monday then stopped until Friday and didn't give a #*!@ about the quality of work he/she was doing. We have had more parts break inside the RV, To many to list here. I wish that I had done better homework while we were shopping for a RV because I would have stayed away from the Hurricane
- Mark Bailey, Utah

2020-09-20 2014 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany XTE 40GQ View Listings

We have used this Thor Tuscany XTE for 5 years and have loved every minute of it. Our goal was to see all the 50 states and we have traveled to almost all of them with hardly any trouble in this motorhome. We bought it new and of course had to go the the factory to have a few warranty issues taken care of and the factory treated us like family. I cannot complain about the motorhome purchase or the motorhome service center. We are very happy customers. The best part of owning this coach used is that it has been very well taken care of and all the issues that could come up have all been resolved. So purchasing it used has it's benefits believe me.
- Daniel Parris, Florida

2020-09-20 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Really bad quality. No sense of pride..build is terrible leaks piped not connected under sinks..wall bulging..screws on floors and in cabinets..non working front ac water pump and toilet room has hole in ceiling..steering is awful wheel canted left..outside compartment doors dont shut fly open when driving..electrical problems in dash no lights in dash smog light issues and only one month old..roof appears to be separating from rear cap...camping world wants me to drive form tx to indiana to factory..as it's too much for them to deal with....stay away from thor products if you want to keep your sanity
- Jamedon, Arkansas

2020-09-19 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

Motorhome has been a disaster since I bought it. I bought it about 6 hours from my home and did not make it home before I got stranded. Dealer said it was not their problem. Thor apologized but did nothing to repair. It has been in for warranty 3 times in the first year. I have had for 15 months and it is in for repairs again. Quality of workmanship is terrible and a warranty is only as good as the company that issued it. My experience is that both Thor and Camping World only stand behind warranty for the simplest of things. Both Thor and Camping World should be avoided.
- David Sherritze, Florida

2020-09-17 2012 Thor Motor Coach Majestic 28A View Listings

We have enjoyed our RV very much. We have never taken pets or kids in it. Just 2 quiet non smokers that are very clean.we have gone around the Olympics. We have taken it Easy of the mountains. Also the Oregon Coast to Lincoln City. We only want to go bigger other than that it has been a great RV.
- Roxanne Armstrong, Washington

2020-09-16 2008 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 36R View Listings

Like the miles looks in good condition. How many owners? Does it has a clean title? Any roof leaks? Saw some dust underneath the gas tank where is the unit stored? Please advise I am interested in the rv
- Ernie Vasquez, Texas

2020-09-14 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Just purchased a 2016 Thor Majestic 28A from Cruise America in Kissimmee Florida. A rental fleet unit with a refurbishment process and it was fully equiped and tested. Great price point for an entry level motorcoach. What really made me feel this was a great way to go was the response I received when I experienced a problem on our first journey two weeks after our purchase. I contacted the sales rep I had dealt with, Jason. He asked a couple of questions and asked if I could be at his location the next morning. The next morning I arrived at 9am and 10am I was back on the road... no cost just great service and bear in mind, this was not a power train issue which is the only warrantied system with the sale. Jason or his manager could'a reminded me that I declined purchasing any of the extended warranties but instead what I got was great service... and the review is supposed the be about the motorcoach. It's great and we're really happy with it. A great unit to start with.
- Vic, Florida

2020-09-11 2014 Thor Motor Coach Vegas RUV 24.1 View Listings

Great model, huge panoramic windshield, great swivel captain chairs up front, perfect drop down bed and couch that together sleeps 3 additional people. Outdoor entertainment system, 3 burner stove, convection oven, microwave, great sleep area for master room ! This unit is awesome.
- Susan Tacovsky, New Hampshire

2020-09-10 2013 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 40FX View Listings

We loved having 1.5 baths. Comfort of being able to stay most any place without being in a park. So many features making it a comfort with a fireplace on chilly days just like being home. Beat way to travel if you love traveling in your home.
- Catherine , Texas