Thor Motor Coach RVs Reviews (608)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2019-10-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 31S View Listings

The floor plan is well laid out and plenty of room for everyone. Having an outside kitchen is a great convenience and the outside gas hook up for your grill is great. Love having the outside TV. The V10 has plenty of power to climb hills and tow. My 14 foot trailer pulls like its not even there. Storage is good but wish outside compartments were bigger. Did not like the way it handled going down the road till I up graded the suspension now it drives and handle really well. I do not recommend using Camping World for warranty work. I have had really bad experience with them. I had to find another Thor dealer to repair my RV.
- Steve Snow, New Hampshire

2019-10-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 25.3 View Listings

For more info visit https://sites.google.com/view/20017-thor-vegas/home The RV is like BRAND NEW both inside and out, elderly owned and dearly cared for. It ONLY has 5725 miles. Everything works and look just like it did the day it was assembled. It is a 1-OWNER and clean and clear TITLE also has a clean CARFAX report, it was never damaged in any way shape or form. The RV will sleep 6 people. It has 2 TV's inside and one on the outside. Great stereo, separate radio and speakers in the bedroom, with speakers on the outside as well. The dash unit will mirror you phone NAVIGATION, it also has backup camera and side view camera on the mirror. Automatic awning with LED lights around. Any interested buyer will be allowed to inspect the RV prior to sale or have a third party person or agency inspect it. Other than the price nothing is different on this RV than a BRAND NEW one.
- tuckermcdiarmid925@gmail.com, California

2019-10-10 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

We love the rv but had lots of trouble with small details the converter caught on fire during the night left us high and dry,just behind the cab the plywood was rotted needs marine grade wood had dealer repair but caulking does not work rear storage all rotted at bottom this is the 2nd Thor I have purchased but I know that it is no use to go to the dealer for repairs I installed L frame around bottom of storage compartment and connected to good wood sewer hose hangers fell down which was screwed into rotten wood I installer proper hangers worried as to how long it will be before the floors are rotted out.Tie wraps hanging down wires under rv hanging which I repaired.I love this rv but the under side is poor and no sign of quality on the under side.
- kwaynemarsh@gmail.com, Tennessee

2019-10-09 2012 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

This is a good time Rv, room to spare none, privacy, kids love the BUNKS!!! The only issue with this Rv is not enough time. Always a hit at our musical festivals, tailgating, or that favorite park. Drives great, an Rv that's easy ! FRom the electric awning to the super slide area, custom colors inside and out. Graphics are a standout. Special tow bar and even a warranty to go with the unit, bunk over the cab (kids love). Now is the time to buy and enjoy! PLan that long trip, or fall in mountains. Outside dining and entertaining on the Tv,. This Rv always eye-catcher in the park. Feel free to email for more info or pictures! ----------------two 70-nine-nine 3 three 9 one 6
- John Hill, Kentucky

2019-10-07 2019 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TW View Listings

We just purchased our new 23tw two weeks ago. We have had a few glitches that are being addressed and repaired. We like the living space with the full slide, the drivability is very comfortable, the fuel mileage is very good, I kept the speed at 100 kph for 7 hours and got 20.4 mpg. My main problem at hand is the smell from the def system. It constantly smells. Their are no leaks on the injection system. Does anyone else have or had this problem?
- Don OConnell, Alberta

2019-10-07 2011 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 23U View Listings

Easy to drive/park. Tows my boat/trailer with ease. Easily handles mountain grades/curves. Never gets hot when climbing hills. Can go 5-7 days without having to dump/fill tanks. Perfect size for a couple of people.
- jorbwilson@yahoo.com, Arizona

2019-10-02 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

This was an upgrade from our previous unit--also a Class C. There were so many new things to learn about. We never imagined having more than one TV, let alone three! The residential refrigerator was a surprise to see. It is so much larger and even has an ice maker. Our first long trip was 1800+ miles for a week and it handled everything beautifully. It wouldn't be for sale if it weren't for cancer/chemo/radiation treatments taking my energy away.
- Glenn, Kansas

2019-10-02 2019 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 24.1 View Listings

Pluses: -Windows give amazing views -awesome underneath storage -passenger side lap desk -5 seatbelts -great size—not too big but roomy enough -dressing area -nice size fridge and freezer -king or 2 twins in back, easy to use since not a slideout bed -side slideout makes it feel a lot bigger Minuses: -poor craftsmanship
- Km , Maryland

2019-10-01 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

What a lemon. We purchased this RV brand new. The initial list of problems contained 14 items. Since then, the steps have broke twice, the awning fell off, the hot water heater stopped working, the cab bed won't stay up, the kitchen table won't lock in place, the Jack's stopped working, the rear camera stopped working, and one of the awning arms sticks out. These are just the big issues, there are too many little problems to list (drawer locks breaking, trim falling off, etc). I love the layout of the coach but the problems have made vacationing with it a nightmare.
- Ed Kluk, Michigan

2019-09-30 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

After months of research, looking at all options for a new Class A motorhome. We decided on the Thor Aria 3901. We were very impressed with the floor plan and all the upscale features on it. We purchased a used 2019 Thor Aria 3901. It was out of warranty by 2 months. WE have a list of 30+ items that should have been fixed while under warranty. The prior owners apparently was so fed up with the quality of the rv, they traded it in on a Winnebago. WE contacted Thor. They said, it is our problem, not theirs. So my conclusion, after many conversations and emails with Thor is: They do not care about their consumers, they don't care about their finished product, and they don"t care about their reputation!!!!!
- Robbin Moore, Kentucky

2019-09-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 27.7 View Listings

We love this unit . It has been a plaster to drive . Thor customer service has been fantastic and helped with some minor things I was not aware of . We have had a few screws and things needed but the dealer ship we bought from(Demontron ) has stellar service it has gone in for a just a couple minor things and each time they go out of there way to fix/ replace anything else that they see is wrong . We couldn’t be happier with this purchase , especially since we got this unit brand new for less than 75k. It really is the best soccer mobile around, getting in and out of tight spaces is a breeze! If you are in the market for a smaller class A , you should definitely add this to the list to look at . Great value !
- Jeffrey Vaughn, Texas

2019-09-28 2011 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31B View Listings

This is an awesome machine! Great for families! There are plenty of sleeping areas. A family of 8 can sleep easily without modifying the dinette. The Ford V10 allows for easy driving and plenty of powers. The Class C chassis drives like a smaller vehicle.
- Seth Stockmeister, Ohio

2019-09-27 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35M View Listings

Thor is our 3rd Class A RV. We are RVing last 15years. The 1st one was Winnebago Sightseer 27ft Gas, 2nd one was Holiday Rambler 40ft Diesel, now we own a Thor 35M 35ft Gas. All 3 of them have and had some type of problems! No matter who is the manufacturer there is No perfect RV. We have been lucky with our 3 different RVs. I love our Thor M35’s floor plan. There are many cabinets space, a bath and a half, full-size king bed, L shaped couch and drives well with surprisingly good gas mileage pulling a car behind 9-11 mph and much more. We have put over 13000 miles in one year! No major problems! So sorry to hear that people who had a bad experience with Thor RV like who bought a lemon product! Remember! Even you buy a $300.000 diesel pusher, you will have some problems! Enjoy RVing!
- Tsuyako Aoyama, Virginia

2019-09-25 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Seems everything Ford made or assembled is good. As for the Third part... a LOT is lacking. In my opinion the layout is very accommodating for my wife and myself. Probably would be fine with a few small kids too. Owned the RV for a few months now... Since purchasing I have had to replace the refrigerator controller, the television, the seal around the slide, one of the vent fan motors. I also had to fix the house battery holding tray. The hold downs were never installed and the batteries would slide backwards into the master circuit breaker effectively killing all power to the house. That was a real factory blunder!! Now I am trying to install solar and a controller onto the prewired roof connector. I contacted Thor to find out where the prewired was inside the coach and was told it is in the panel under the bed. I opened the panel and was very sad to discover the absolutely horrible hack wiring job in my rv. Thor literally delivered a fire hazard to me. My entire wiring inside that panel is nothing short of disgusting. I am unable to use my rv now until I fix that mess and make it safe for my family. Lastly, I stumbled onto this by mistake. I found the gasoline fuel line that feeds the generator literally loose and drooping down much lower than the chassis frame. All it would have taken to snag that line on road debris and pull it off, resulting in raw gasoline being spewed under my coach. No, it did not happen and I made sure that never will but it is another reference to the absolutely horrible quality Thor puts into building their coaches. It would seem to me that with just a few more minutes and a real quality control check, the result would pay significant dividend. Yes, I have contacted Thor customer service a few days back and gave yet to hear from anyone. I am not holding my breath that I ever will. I know it is of little consolation but I am pulling all Thor stickers off my rv. I will not advertise for them - they did not earn that in my mind.
- John Cee, California

2019-09-24 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 33.1 View Listings

We are happy with the motorhome. The layout is great- perfect for my wife and I. There have been several quality issues, most of which I've repaired myself. We recently discovered that the front thermostat was bad and the local thor dealer would not look at it because it was purchased in Florida.I called Thor customer service and was told to get an estimate and call them back. I did,and faxed the $171 estimate to Thor customer service will not pay for the repair.The coach is 5 months old and under warranty. This is my 2nd and very LAST Thor product. Beware Thor customer service
- Joe Lucas, South Carolina

2019-09-23 2014 Thor Motor Coach Majestic 23A View Listings

Cruise america refurbished more like reject.nicely painted but roof was disgusting..needed etenabond tape on all sides of roof for small leaks ..100 bucks worth. Not a warranty item..one ball joint fl replaced..tires are new...ac hood on top cracked replaced 66 bucks..not a warranty item...toilet ball cap replaced 25 bucks..nor a warranty item..fridge worked by propane butv elec did not. Repaired under 90 day warrAnty took one week to repair....problems with engine light o2 sensor replaced 227 bucks not warranty. Heater failed to work replaced by warranty but labor and dedut was 300 bucks...all this the first month..gas 8to 9mph. Front pads need replacing soon. Extended warranty is spotty 100 deduc per each problem. Overall a cheap rv that was not refurb well I would give it about a 2.5 out of 5 hey you're not going to lose a lot of money cuz they're under 30 grand total good luck getting rid of it for 15 or 20 a year later that's what I'm going to try to do telling it like it is always always get a an inspection of the vehicle before you drive it out the lot pay the $400 I wish I had
- Tom, Texas

2019-09-22 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum KM24 View Listings

Great looking RV. Merceds Sprinter part of it great, lots of power and reasonable mileage with the diesel, 14mpg. Did have some initial problems on the Thor part. Maiden trip the slider stuck out while camping remote in Yellowstone, no phone service and could not drive the RV. I have a troubleshooting background doing HVAC work and was able to find a bundle of wires that had been crushed and were shorting together opening a fuse. Service dept did fix the wiring but I am apprehensive every time I use the slider. I had to remove all the drawers to glue and staple the bottoms in as they were all falling out. The service dept would only re-staple, not a permanent repair. Never use the instant water heater as so much water is wasted before the heater goes through the start cycle and the time it takes the hot water to get to the faucet. Not good when you dry camping on a limited water supply. RVs I find in general have overall poor quality and attention to detail. A lot depends on who is doing the work that particular day on the assembly line. Probably making a poor wage with a poor attitude!
- Mike Reed, Arizona

2019-09-20 2015 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 25.2 View Listings

We retired in 2014 and find this 2015 Vegas 25.2 motorhome perfect for us for both on grid camping and drydocking (us two with two chihuahuas and a cat). We put a carrier on the back (for bikes and solar oven) and mountain bike everywhere. This model has a taller front window than the later year models. Also this year's Ford E350 gives us the fuel economy we like (around 10MPG) and safety features of anti-breaks (We prefer it over the E450). This year's model has a "L" shape couch which has space under the L part to put an extra battery and small inverter for drydocking (mostly for TV and fans). We replaced the 4" couch cushion with a 6" x 4 foot Basset cushion and added a 3' storage bin for foot rest. This is why we gave it only a 4 star on original floor plan. Traveling mostly in the Southwest, and if you prefer not to run the 4kw generator and AC all the time when drydocking, we added a portable table and a 1300 cfm evap cooler next to the the passenger seat, and connecting a 300 watt sine wave inverter to the batteries just below with 300 watts of solar panels outside connected through the conveniently located battery compartment. When plugged-in we use the AC inside and sit in front of the evap cooler outside. The parks all have water for the cooler. This year model has a one piece bed mattress that folds when slide is retracted. When traveling, there is space on each side of the bed for your solar panels.
- Jim morris, Arizona

2019-09-20 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 23U View Listings

Problems: had water coming in through the outside vent and intake of furnace and running into the furnace and all over the floor everytime it rained. We duct taped over it and it stopped, so we know this is the problem. Molding trim on the outside flew off while driving down the road. Poor quality for sure.
- Ken Dunkel, Iowa

2019-09-18 2014 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37DT View Listings

This coach is the best! It is extremely roomy and comfortable. It sleeps 6 which is perfect for our family. The bathroom has dual sinks which is amazing and the shower is spacious for an RV shower! The dual AC units is wonderful as it keeps the coach nice and cool. We love the microwave/convection oven feature as it allows for more storage below the stove top. It drives easy and is a smooth ride. The back up camera (as well as the side-blinker cameras) help aid in simple maneuverability. I highly recommend this floor plan and size RV. It truly has been an amazing experience.
- Elizabeth Engelbrecht, Florida

2019-09-16 2020 Thor Motor Coach Synergy 24MB View Listings

Currently driving home from Ft Myers to Indiana. Waited 2 wks to pick up our RV. On orientation: (Spent 8 hrs at dealer to get corrections) -Decals peeling- needed replaced -Emergency brake cover cracked -water leak ran thru coach into cab after testing shower -vinyl flooring large 1x1 ft air pocket in traffic flow area between cab seats -theater seat would not open/recline -screen door panel slider over knob missing -other small manu defects 4 days later ready to leave FL. Vehicle stuck in PARK. Determined parking break would not release. Mercedes helpline sent towtruck. Driver didn't know what to do. 2nd truck called. The parking break was dismantled so we could get on the road. Observations so far 1 full day on the road: -GPS/dash radio system randomly resets itself. Clocks reset themselves. -Generator runs very rough & sputters. -side door EXTREMELY hard to get open and a shoulder must be pressed hard (compromising the screen door) to get it opened. In spite of this- the wind noise is a bit much coming from the door. Don't know if that's a design flaw or we have additional problems. -Bathroom door handle came off in my hand. -OTHER theater seat will now not open. -Fuel mileage coming in at 12mpg on 70mph cruise control. -Molding around windows in over cab is buckeling. -No a/c coming from vents in over cab. This is just our first 8 hrs on the road.. Overall- we shopped for 2 yrs before making a decision (1997 Tioga Fleetwood owners here) We love the design & floorplan of the Synergy (Traveling with a 125lb dog & 3 cats) The placement of the slide out with theater seats is a nice addition to the kitchen area. For us the kitchen is the perfect size. Plenty of cabinets inside & the garage is amazing for an RV of this size. The twin to King bed layout in the rear gives added functuality to this unit with lots of storage. The downfall in this area is lights are either full force or off. A dimmer would be nice. There is an additional panel that can control lts/generator but being lit up when pressed would be a plus. One must shine a flashlight on it in the dark to navigate. The theatre seats/bedding are comfortable- but the cab seats leave little to be desired. And the lack of power adjustments are a bit 1980's really. Along with that we hadn't even noticed that we didn't have power door locks 😲 and have to manually turn on/off headlights. The cab seats swivel backwards to accommodate more seating- but honestly the 'adult booster seats' that are required are a little strange to us. The bathroom appears to be functional with more cabinet space and an elevated toilet. We are reluctant to shower in the rig until we arrive home due to the other poor manufacturing issues we are encountering out here on the road. The ride of the Mercedes chassis is certainly a great addition. Our terrible condition of our roadway system is a little more tolerable. It does seem however we 'sway' a little more from side to side. Overall- I think THOR is rushing to fill the roads with their products and should slow it down- concentrating on QUALITY over quantity. Time will tell whether we become/stay THOR fans as we continue on down this road. First impression leaves us scratching our heads as we left behind the old rig to get away from repairs & problems and so far we are a bit disappointed in our decision. Let's hope these are the only 'bugs' in the system. Happy RV'ing friends 😎
- Robin Reyes, Indiana

2019-09-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24F View Listings

2018 Thor Chateau 24F Motorhome issues. 1. Day 2: Driver seat belt was found partially severed. Was replaced. 2. Day 2: Ford keyless entry fobs were not working. They were activated. 3. Trip to BC: Kitchen sink faucet was found leaking water on the countertop. Was repaired. 4. Trip to BC: P-trap in kitchen sink was leaking. I placed a bowl under it to catch the water. Bowl had to be emptied every day. Was repaired. 5. P-trap leaked again on a Canmore trip. Had to use the bowel. Was repaired again. 6. Trip to BC: Bathroom sink faucet was leaking.  Water was detected around the base of the water tap and outside the bathroom on the floor around the corner of the door. Was repaired. 7. Trip to BC: Motor home door entrance lock mechanism was found to be loose and not solid. It was moving up and down. (loose). Was repaired. 8. Trip to BC: Fan settings:  low setting does not work.  Just the high setting works. Never was repaired. 9. Trip to BC: One drawer closing mechanism failed.  The spring came out and I figured out how to put it back in and made it work. 10. Noticed on trip to BC: Seats and seat backs at the dinette and front seats in the cab did not appear to have been treated with protector. Was never addressed. 11. Trip to BC: Shower slider bar at the top right hand side comes off when you slide the door some times and has to be put back in place; so we put a shower curtain up instead. Needs to be fixed so it does not fall out. Was never addressed. 12. Trip to Drumheller: Dinette table T-molding surround separated and needed repair. Was repaired. P-trap leaked again on the Drumheller trip. Had to use the bowel. Was repaired again. It had leaked and had been repaired three times. 13. Dinette table T-molding surround separated a second time and needed repair. Was repaired a second time. 14. Trip to Drumheller: Ball valve seal in toilet leaks. Was repaired. 15. Water pump pulsates. Never was addressed. 16. At home: Batteries were set in so tight in their slot under the step I could not remove them so I left them in when winter came. I put a slow charge on over the winter. 17. At home: Vehicle and motorhome batteries were discovered to be dead early January so I put a slow charge on them over the winter and luckily they were revived. 18. At home: Exterior motorhome molding adjacent to the driver and passenger doors was found to have shrunk in the cold winter weather and consequently pulled out of its place on both sides. I assume it was repaired when we brought the motorhome in for consignment. We brought the motorhome back to Guarantee RV four times for repair. Each trip return was 120 km. Our son had to come pick us up each time. Guarantee RV shop foreman was accommodating and did the repairs to our satisfaction each time. Would never buy an RV so far from home ever again. Would never buy a Thor RV ever again. We sold the motorhome on consignment at Guarantee RV for a good price. However, we did lose the GST, Ultimate Protection package and depreciation. Very happy we sold the RV when we did. Not wishing bad luck to whoever bought it.
- Stu h, Alberta

2019-09-13 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse View Listings

excellent quality- no mechanical or equipment problems, very easy to drive. Very good engine power. Gives about 10/12 miles per gallon. Very stable during driving. Very easy to maintain on a monthly bassis, had no trouble on the road.
- ptorco47@yahoo.com, Florida

2019-09-12 2019 Thor Motor Coach Quantum Sprinter KM24 View Listings

The only good part is the Sprinter chassis. Well built and smooth. The Thor-built house portion poor, very poor on all accounts. wood dust all over, cabinets with poorly constructed floors, sides, manual is totally useless. Thor, how about a manual for this particular model, not for 15 different class a and c. where is the electrical schematic? Where is a plumbing and water system schematic? Have you considered placing flow arrows on the tubing to show the flows. Switches failing (awning and skylight. Alarm generator hidden under sink went off due to mal-adjusted/tightened limit switches for leveling jacks. And on and on. No satisfaction or support from Thor. Last Thor we will ever buy. You would not want to hear my wife's review.
- flitedek1@gmail.com, Virginia