Thor Motor Coach Quantum RVs Reviews (30)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Quantum RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Ed Phillips from Alabama says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Quantum RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

This is a follow up review to my first review with problems that continue to persist on my 2017 Thor WS31 motor home.After the 2nd camping trip (8/20thru 8/27)I now find out that the black water tank & the grey water tank must be installed incorrectly. After dumping the black water tank every day and a half I ran water from sink in bathroom and kitchen sink with both valves closed on the tanks and the black water tank filled up and the grey water tank continued to show empty.I now have a water leak from shower area that runs water onto the floor in front of the Fridge. Do not know if this issue is due from having to take motor home back to dealership after the first camping trip due to water valve not turned on to icemaker. Fridge had to be pulled and the water valve turned on. Do not know how these problems are not checked at the Thor factory. Seems to be no quality control check-off at Thor factory(additional examples are cabinet doors falling off when opened and screws and wiring that was left under slide-out). I will now have to take motor home back to the service dealership from which I purchased the motor home and get repaired, And the service department will do a outstanding job repairing as always. Service department will continue to have job security while Thor is ignoring quality. I JUST want to go on a camping trip without returning from trip and taking back to dealership for repairs. I would love to communicate with someone with authority at Thor and see how these failures were not caught at the Thor factory. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

2019-11-24 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

Had to return to factory service because to many issues from electrical plumbing mechanical and quality of construction. Leaked like a screen door. First trip fixed 80% and is currently back for repairs. Thor service is dedicated and friendly unlike Camping World. Quaility control sucked
- Roy Lehto, Pennsylvania

2019-11-05 2019 Thor Motor Coach Quantum KW29 View Listings

Purchased end of March, 2019. Had it back to dealer in 3 days due to poorly done caulking in front corners of roof, as well as noticing an inch long hole in roof exterior lining at the base of the rear bathroom exhaust cover. (Dealer rep would not allow me to crawl on top during dealer orientation to check out the roof.) After 3 weeks at dealer took out for first camp out. But alas, could not fill fresh tank due to water spitting back out as tried filling. After an hour and half of looking discovered that the vent air tube above the tank was kinked in two spots. I eventually cut off 10 inches of tubing so that it was smooth and air could escape during fills. We also began hearing a major squeak when I got into the bed. We discovered that the main support board was curved upward & needed to be tacked down better. Then during our entire 3 week May trip to NC coast - I constantly struggled to maintain air pressure in the rear duals. Finally was told we were missing a valve stem nut for inner tire valve, which allowed the stem to be pushed away from air gauge and air chuck. And the valve stems on the outside tires were curved swung away from air gauge & chuck. Besides the normal drawers that would not stay latched a piece of the wall, inside the media outlets cupboard, had come un-attacked and hung out. Then, after three months and another camp out we discovered that the roof rubber was bubbling much more than the "normal" 20%, and, the rear closet wall as also now bulging out. Also: the ceiling exhaust fan near the oven stopped working and we were told it was wired wrong - and, underneath the entry step the exterior protective material began hanging down - quite noticeably. In all, the unit was back at the dealership 2 of the 6 months we owned it. I'm also going to add that, in my opinion, the driver and passenger seats are not the best for folk close to 6 ft, or over, as we. Sitting long term became extremely uncomfortable and was most challenging to get in and out of. Also, the engine noise was quite loud and the engine housing became overly hot to the touch, particularly in shorts. Thankfully our dealership fought for all repairs, via warranty. So after six months we tired of continually needing repairs, et.al, and had become sceptical of the units manufactured process, considered it a lemon and were greatly concerned about future issues. Thus we "bit the bullet" ...took a loss and traded it in for a Jayco Class C. So far, the difference in quality is quite noticeable.
- Dean Natterstad, Wisconsin

2019-10-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Best Class C RV on the market. The coach is classy and reliable. A whole lot of fun for the my family. We never had a problem with the coach. It is designed for the RV novice to handle and for this reason I would buy another Thor coach in the future.
- Joseph Pinzon, Texas

2019-09-22 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum KM24 View Listings

Great looking RV. Merceds Sprinter part of it great, lots of power and reasonable mileage with the diesel, 14mpg. Did have some initial problems on the Thor part. Maiden trip the slider stuck out while camping remote in Yellowstone, no phone service and could not drive the RV. I have a troubleshooting background doing HVAC work and was able to find a bundle of wires that had been crushed and were shorting together opening a fuse. Service dept did fix the wiring but I am apprehensive every time I use the slider. I had to remove all the drawers to glue and staple the bottoms in as they were all falling out. The service dept would only re-staple, not a permanent repair. Never use the instant water heater as so much water is wasted before the heater goes through the start cycle and the time it takes the hot water to get to the faucet. Not good when you dry camping on a limited water supply. RVs I find in general have overall poor quality and attention to detail. A lot depends on who is doing the work that particular day on the assembly line. Probably making a poor wage with a poor attitude!
- Mike Reed, Arizona

2019-08-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum PD31 View Listings

Bought my Quantum in GA Aug 27,2017..couldn’t pick it up when scheduled due to dealer safety concerns. Picked it up and returned it for problems 3 more times, then had to accept it mid Dec because we moved cross-country. Already had 3 new batteries, critters nesting through holes in floor, inoperative cameras, radio, slide. On 1st trip, piece of cabinet fell off, slide worked intermittently, coach battery couldn’t hold a charge, driver mirror had to be bungeed into position, cold air through head of bed, sliding doors in bedroom and bath not bolted and swinging, side door blew open because it wasn’t cut/fit correctly and so much more. When I arrived in WA, Thor was no help. They sent me to Cruise America and Freightliner for repairs— neither worked on Thor’s. I finally found my own repair dealer, but Thor was not very helpful despite approving them to do the work. In Dec2018, Thor sent one of their top mechanics to fix it at the dealer and pronounced it fixed. I took it home- problems not fixed and they sent the top mechanic to my house for more fixes. The fixes seem to never fix the problems. He also recommended several truck fixes-first GA repair broke passenger door panel when fixing the mirror to make it operational, and Thor was supposedly setting that up when all their communication with me stopped. They stopped answering my calls and emails. Since 12/2018, I now have to purchase a new slide pump as my slide got stuck open on my second use of this RV, the cameras and radio don’t work again, same electrical problems and central lights don’t work in coach, shower doesn’t drain, kitchen sink doesn’t drain, trim came off and flaps in the wind, there is absolutely no recreation involed in my RV. My 1 year warranty ended with about 11-1/2 months in the shop—both in GA and here in WA. I tried using the Quantum this weekend and the slide got stuck open. The pump is shot and I am paying for a replacement. This bill will be over $3,000 to fix the same problems Thor claimed to have fixed. I can’t see any quality control from Thor initially and the dealers are playing catch up repairing the same issues again and again. Thor has soured us to the Rving experience and I would certainly never consider buying any Thor product. I call my Thor the”Bimbo”—looks good, but nothing past that. If you want a pretty RV that sits in your driveway or the repair shop, then Thor is for you. My Thor is once again in for at least 2 weeks of repairs and I am canceling our summer reservations. We can’t trust this Thor product to not leave us stranded again. Never again Thor! I just threw away my money to Thor.
- Wendy, Washington

2019-08-03 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

We chose the Thor Quantum RC25 because we rustic camp the majority of the time and wanted something smaller that would go into state forests easily. We upgraded from a 22 foot Nash trailer. We looked at various floor plans and storage capacity. Our 22ft trailer had immense storage in a small space and we found that most Class C's lacked storage. The Thor hit the ball out of the park as far as were concerned. The residential cabinets in the kitchen area with the two pantry's is welcome. The storage is outstanding for a small coach. We don't have enough seating in the coach as no couch or chair is available in this floor plan. I use a small camping chair for additional seating if needed. The bathroom is very small - much smaller than in my trailer, but it is functional. There are some oddities like the grab bar is not in a logical place and the water heater control is under the towel bar so you can't see it if you have a towel hanging. The toilet is crooked which drives me nuts, but I'm told it can't be fixed due to the aggravation of plumbing. All in all, it's workable. We had a ton of things that needed attention when we took delivery. I understand this is normal for most RV's. Didn't have that problem with our trailer when it came from the factory. Everything was perfect. To begin with, we couldn't pump gas into the coach without the gas pumps turning off. This was a major issue that took us a year to get straightened out. The vent in the cab was installed backwards. The wall next to the fridge bowed terribly, and there were screw and nail pops everywhere. The wallpaper, trim and paint were bad in some areas. The dinette top was scratched in multiple places. Working with General in Wixom was a horrible experience. Some of these issues were handled by them, most by my husband after they got the parts that were needed. We just stopped going to General for repairs. My last and most important comment is that Thor has more than impressed us with how they stand behind their product. We have contacted them directly for two repairs that we had done at a private service center and they paid both. Understand that these items should have been right to begin with, but Thor didn't make it difficult for us to get reimbursed. They were prompt and professional. Whenever I call their customer service, they are always willing to help even if we don't get resolution at that point in time. I wanted to write this review to say that although we have had our share of issues with the Quantum, Thor has been great to work with. I wanted to make sure I let people know this since writing a bad review is easier than writing a good one for most of us.
- Renee Bouren, Michigan

2019-06-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum GR22 View Listings

I’ve had this RV for two years and to replace all of the batteries. None of them held a charge - the cab one was not strong enough to start the engine- the coach batteries had dead cells and cracked after being being recharged. The coach batteries leaked giving off chloine gas. With a full propane tank onboard I could have burnt alive or died in the explosion
- Barney Rubitsky, New York

2019-04-14 2019 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

Thor has improved quality in 2019 coaches. Bought Quantum RC25 with huge slide May '18 for maneuverability and livability. Plenty of closets and storage. Large open floor space, nice size kitchen area. Everything we needed for traveling for up to a month at a time, even with dogs. Appliances, slide, awnings and TV's upgraded and all worked perfectly. Nicely appointed interior, walk-around queen bed. Wanted to improve ride and stability so added air shocks and that did the trick! And just can't beat a E450 Ford chassis with V10 Tritron engine. Drives small, lives big with sleeping space for 4-5. So happy with our 2019 Thor Quantum RC25!
- John Ramey , Florida

2019-04-12 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RS26 View Listings

I bought the Thor Quantum Rs 26 in April 2018 The unit was in the dealership for warranty repairs from April 2018 to June 2018 they let me take it for several months even though they were not completely finished fixing all problems. I returned the unit to the selling dealer in October of 2018 and in April of 2019 I got fed up with owning and paying for a vehicle that I could not use so I took a $20,000 loss and traded it in. The original selling dealer said it was standard for people to lose $20,000-$30,000 when trading in units. Between the lack of customer warranty support from Thor and the Selling dealers inability to correct leaks and make all repairs in a timely fashion. I would only recommend this unit to my worst enemy. Thoroughly disgusted with lack of warranty support and dealer support with this RV. I will never buy another Thor product. They have a total lack of quality control and are more interested in quantity instead of quality.
- james F. Murphy, New York

2019-02-18 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

Don't buy from Thor! The coach looks great inside and the floorpan is good for a family. Kitchen a bit cramped for regular use and the slide doesn't open as wide as others (probably because it runs the length of the coach). Bathroom is large which is it's saving grace along with a nice residential fridge. Other than the floorpan and how it looks inside we've had nothing but issues in the past year. It's been in the shop for warranty work more than we've been able to take it out on trips. Very very poor quality work. We've had drawers drop the bottoms (with minimal inside), or open while traveling. One of the top cabinets has opened a few times and poured everything on top of our children while driving (been "fixed" at least once). It took months to get the entry door "fixed" because it sticks and it still sometimes sticks. I will say part of our issue has been a horrible dealer service department but if the unit didn't have so many workmanship issues we wouldn't have known how bad the dealer service was. As far as the engine - we took it from Florida to Pennsylvania this past summer. It was rough on the mountains (and they aren't as high as out west) and was struggling. We weren't even towing a car and don't think it could pull one if we tried. Save yourself some heartache and look elsewhere.
- Gloria R, Florida

2018-10-24 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

We have had an amazing experience with our brand new Thor Quantum LF31 bunkhouse. We have toured Canada Yellowstone most of Utah Nevada and a bunch of other places. Things that we have really enjoyed about the bunkhouse has been to multiple TVs hooked up to the inverter so we can watch TV without the generator. We have liked the residential fridge and icemaker as it has a ton of space. Some of the shortcomings of this coach are the freshwater tank only holds 40 gallons in the black and gray tanks only hold 28 gallons. That has been a little less than what we feel we could have used. The batteries that came with our motorhome were pretty much dead from the factory so we replaced the batteries with four 6V golf cart batteries and have had a great experience with that. The layout of this coach is great, and sooth our family of five perfectly. The master bedroom is a great escape for me and my wife. We did upgrade the TV sound systems so that we could here and enjoy our movies on the road. The drivability of this coach is great as it tracks very well and is comfortable to drive even though it is over 32 feet long. We also have loved the on-demand water heater for showers, when hooked up to city water our showers are endless and hot
- Cameron, Utah

2018-09-11 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RW28 View Listings

This is a continuation of our saga! We have used our RV many times since our purchase in May. But things continue to "break" or show up on every trip. And many of the original problems have not been solved. Our walls though repaired have continued to pop apart and the slide continues to come out while driving! It now does not even go out correctly. We have not opened it on this last trip for fear that it wouldn’t come back in! We r not driving this off road. Every time we return home it goes back in the shop and they “repair” a few things on the list but never seem to get it all. And the list continues to grow! The dealer that we purchased it from has been very pleasant and are good at pacifying the customer, but our patience is gone. I know many problems are from the factory but there seems to be a problem with communication between Thor and the dealer.
- Dorothy Princiotta, Utah

2018-08-23 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RS26 View Listings

Bought this RV about 10months ago. We have taken it on two major trips (3,500+ miles) and had numerous quality issues (too many to list here). Each time we take it in for warranty work it takes a minimum of 6weeks and each time we try to pick it up over half the items have never been touched. Currently having a problem with some kind of low volume squeal (alarm) sounds while the truck key is turned on. Talked with RV Tech and Thor direct...neither were any help. Tech support is poor to say the least. Wish I had looked longer
- GregM, Arizona

2018-08-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

I got this RV in July 2018 I took it camping 2 time's and this is what has happened so far Slide does not seal outside when closed offset in fiberglass and Rubber seal going down side does not touch on bottom when open and hardly touches  on top Slide does not seal on inside when open the seals do not reach no corners Open cupboard door see outside Bump in floor Table bed don't fit Sink in bathroom rusting Radio static Hot water tank not working Squealing noise engine Small hole in slide topper Can only turn Antenna 1/4 turn Driver seat has marks showing up where someone tried it fix leather AC does not work right Chrome on front grill coming off Hole in floor underneath 5"× 7" where 3 " toilet pipe goes through to holding tank cold air and critters can get in Backup camera quit working Bathroom door will not close anymore Electric skylight shade works sometimes Water comes in slide when driving in rain On my Drive home mud flap came loose, window blind fell down,  heating vents were falling out,  wires hanging low under rv,  Battery straps were not hook up,  I WOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING MADE BY THOR INDUSTRY 'YOU WILL BE SORRY '
- Jay, Pennsylvania

2018-07-29 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RQ29 View Listings

I have had nothing but problems with this RV and they are still not fixed. Thor does not stand behind their product. Still having leaks. This is a piece of junk. Thor will not do anything to make it right. Do not but this product. Nothing but poor quality and no quality control. I will have to rebuild this unit myself or find some fool that will take it as a trade in. Dealer in Tampa told me that I did not seal my roof and the whole bunk was wet. We took it to an independant RV repair and they did a water test in front of me. No leak from the roof-the leak was caused by the window frame being cut too big and had large gaps in the seal around the window. Thor would not warranty because I was one day over my year warranty and the insurance said it was a manufacturer defect.So I had to pay for everything myself. I am looking trade in soon!
- TY ALVAREZ, Florida

2018-05-24 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RW28 View Listings

We are longtime rv owners. We chose this particular model because of floor plan and storage. We r on our on our maiden voyage. Hi So far we have had the large drivers side slider pop halfway out while driving!! And every time we stop we find something else that has happened to the interior construction, such as walls popping from where they r supposed to be nailed, wooden tv frame fell off the wall, corner trim has let go and the last stop we found something that looks like a wooden washer, not sure where that goes! Needless to say we r very discouraged and not impressed with the quality control from Thor factory.
- Dorothy Princiotta, Utah

2018-05-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum KM24 View Listings

Quality control? Not at Thor! Our unit was constructed more poorly than aNY manufactured product I've ever seen.Every door is hung poorly with gaps, every gasket is applied poorly and leaks, vent covets won't fit, dresser and drawers fall apart with first use, bumper paint had many runs, grease all over our new RV! SOME TECHNICIAN CLOSED THE HOOD WITHOUT MOVING THE LATCH, DENTING AND BENDING THE HOOD. The unit we received was missing many features from the one we ordered. WHAT A PIECE OF GARBAGE! NEVER TRUST THOR!
- Paul Schwen, Utah

2018-04-24 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum GR22 View Listings

On April 2018 had a collision accident and the air Bags never deployed. The seat held firm the other driver caused $7500 worth of damage. The compacity Of such a vehicle marks that the vehicle should have Deployed the air bags
- Barney Rubitsky, New York

2018-03-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach Quantum PD31 View Listings

My husband and I own a Thor Quantum PD31. We have never had any issues with our RV. The appliance are great!! We have a House refrigerator with ice maker, has stove with oven and a great microwave oven!! Not sure why the other folk gave such bad reviews. We love our quantum
- Cindy Morrill, Virginia

2018-02-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

This is a follow up review from 1/22/18. The motorhome continues to remain in the shop at the dealership it was purchased at since 12/22/18. Continue to question myself on why did I purchase this Thor motorhome?? I have used this motorhome on 6 camping trips and it has been returned to shop at least 4 times for quality issues. Looks like a part for MH will not be in for at least 2 more weeks. Need I say more on why I would not purchase ANY RV that Thor manufactured at their plants? It is obvious that this motorhome was not 1 of the 15 that I have been told that's pulled for inspection. Why is EVERY motorhome not inspected when completed at the plants?? Unbelievable!!

2018-01-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Wrote a review on 8/3/17 concerning quality problems from the Thor factory. The motorhome continues to have problems. Left at dealership of purchase 2 to 3 more times for issues since the 8/3 review. Issues such as water leaks on awning side inside large locker at back, water leaks in bathroom and also on wall near fridge. Many more issues that I would like to discuss with Thor. Spoke with a lady from Thor in Sept of 2017. No satisfaction from her. Would someone from Thor contact me as the motorhome has been in the shop since 12/22/17. This is unbelievable that a new motorhome left the Thor factory like this. Who is responsible for Quality Control at Thor??

2018-01-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RS26 View Listings

After a year and a half and 25,000 miles my wife and I love our 26RS! It has a great floorplan for us and allows us to get on all the backroads in our travel. The few warranty issues were taken care of by LaMesa in Port St. Lucie. We like everything about it compared to our prior rv (Itasca Navion) except the mileage of 8 1/2 to 9 mpg. It handles and drives better than the sprinter and isn't bothered nearly as much by the wind. It is great for our use and has the power to pull my rtv on a trailer with ease!
- Ray Mansfield, Florida

2018-01-11 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum GR22 View Listings

There are so many little quality issues that keep adding up that make me regret buying a Thor product. Cabinets fall apart, trim comes apart, wall paper peals off, radio stops working, screws separated from what they should secure, house batteries stop working, pipes leak. and on and on. I have had to take the RV back repeatedly costs in gas/time. It has been a frustrating process. The owners manual is useless. Difficult to find and QC issues. The help desk is not informed about solutions. The time to get approval and answers is delayed. After having the RV is has been in the shop 5 plus times. Thor WILL NOT repair the defective house batteries. It is clearly a company that does not create great RVS and ensure a great customer experience.
- David Berger, California

2018-01-11 2016 Thor Motor Coach Quantum 26RS View Listings

I would NOT recommend buying from this company. We have a minor issues but Thor refuses to stand by their work and openly admitted they put cheap quality appliances in their motor homes. They have poor customer service proven by hanging up on me and not honoring their warranty. Even though minor issues these should have been checked out by the manufacturer before putting a poor quality rv on the market to sell. I realize reviews are very subjective but be very cautious in buying from this manufacturer.
- S. McBride, Georgia