Thor Motor Coach Quantum

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Quantum RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Ed Phillips from Alabama says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

This is a follow up review to my first review with problems that continue to persist on my 2017 Thor WS31 motor home.After the 2nd camping trip (8/20thru 8/27)I now find out that the black water tank & the grey water tank must be installed incorrectly. After dumping the black water tank every day and a half I ran water from sink in bathroom and kitchen sink with both valves closed on the tanks and the black water tank filled up and the grey water tank continued to show empty.I now have a water leak from shower area that runs water onto the floor in front of the Fridge. Do not know if this issue is due from having to take motor home back to dealership after the first camping trip due to water valve not turned on to icemaker. Fridge had to be pulled and the water valve turned on. Do not know how these problems are not checked at the Thor factory. Seems to be no quality control check-off at Thor factory(additional examples are cabinet doors falling off when opened and screws and wiring that was left under slide-out). I will now have to take motor home back to the service dealership from which I purchased the motor home and get repaired, And the service department will do a outstanding job repairing as always. Service department will continue to have job security while Thor is ignoring quality. I JUST want to go on a camping trip without returning from trip and taking back to dealership for repairs. I would love to communicate with someone with authority at Thor and see how these failures were not caught at the Thor factory. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Ed Phillips, Alabama

2021-10-16 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Class C new V8 has the power to get up and down mountain roads or just cruising highways. With new Smart drive handling system it handles great. Set the cruise at 63 and forget it. Averaged 10.2 MPG. The coach gets up and goes. Lot's or power.
- Terry, Florida

2021-09-16 2016 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

As you know Covid has isolated all of us and this camper helped us move around the country to visit our grandkids. The Thor Quantum ran smoothly and flawlessly. Our grandkids and family spent great enjoyable times staying in the bunk beds and roomy accomodations. Using the 5 TV's, HDMI Video Distribution Box, and Cable TV and HD/DSS Satellite Ready really entertained us all.
- Jim Kelly, Massachusetts

2021-07-06 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum KW29 View Listings

The quantum is a very comfortable RV. The Class C has been plenty of sleeping quarters and is very versatile. This unit has everything you need to have a very relaxing trip both at the campsite as well as on the road. Plenty of room to walk around with the slide outs in which is real nice while traveling. Separate washer and dryer very handy. In motion satellite TV so you don't miss your favorite programs
- harry santucci, Florida

2021-03-31 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RS26 View Listings

My husband and I love this RV. WE lived in our coach for 10 months. Now we use for pleasure. Our coach allows for winter usage, with heated tanks and heated mirrors. Traveled in snow one year, no problems. Easy to drive and handle within town or on the highway. Very few minor repairs,and we received same day service while living in the RV. Service dealership was different than where we purchased. Never had any highway road issues. Always reliable. We love the electric sun roof in the bunk area, along with window and fan vent. The pantry storage is great along with the coat, broom, and mop cabinet. Very comfortable to play at top bunk or sleep. Kids loved it also. Thor's Online customer service man, Jason, was great. He was a big help when I was learning about my house batteries. Highly recommend.
- Gina Schluneker, Georgia

2021-03-31 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

This RV is our 4th. This model has the full length slide which makes the interior look like a Class A when it is out. It is short enough to qualify for most parks) Important for lots of National and St. Parks. The Quantum series is noted for its quality and good looks. This is our 2nd small Thor. We put over 50k miles on our 2003 with only minor issues. Basically, if a car fits in the parking space this RV will too. It Handle's very well. My wife is the sole driver. Gas milage poor at avg of 8mpg. It is a Ford so service avail all over U.S. and Canada. Plenty power for towing, even in mountains.
- Pete, Florida

2021-03-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

This Rv has been a nightmare! So regret. buying a Thor! It has leaked from shower and water appears in front of fridge. water comes out from under bed. Leveling constant trouble. Got stuck in up position one time and had to call mobile Rv to get down! Fridge quit, and had to replace! Ice maker does not work on new fridge after replacement! Leather flakes and peels after 3 years, horrible! Have replaced cushions on dinette and now replacing couch! Radio stops working and replaced said it had wiring shorts! Still problems with new replacement radio!B zone speakers no longer works! Bedroom in back is so tight, and uncomfortable. Tv on outside already has two lines running down screen. In shop for at least a year if totalled up all shop trips! Awning led lights already almost all burned out, short lifespan for led's! Six words for you, cheap, cheap, cheap, run, run, run!
- Timothy Lanier, Texas

2021-03-11 2019 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Worst quality I have ever seen on an RV! I full time in my 2019 WS31 Quantum. I have to say it is by far, the worst quality RV I have owned and my first new one. The woodwork and storage drawers, while looking nice doesn't seem to hold anything over a pound before the bottoms fall out! Plus, the drawer rails fall apart! Black water tank issues, because during assembly, they left the debris in the tank. Flooring issues near the holding tanks. Leveling jack issues continue. Most everything I have noticed on this RV has been due to the lack of any QA by Thor! I would expect better QA from this company! I have definitely learned my lesson on Thor products. Never again!
- Tony Nix, Texas

2020-11-25 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

This is our first RV. We have 2 little kids (2-year-old and 8-month-old) and the layout with bunks is perfect for our little family. We have a few complaints but overall happy with our purchase. PROS: Bunks! Only 33ft long so it's easy to find a spot in all National and State Parks It's a motorhome, so travel days are actually fun - you can use a fridge, bathroom, and have amazing landscapes outside or your home window! It's fun to take it to national parks and have picnics there with amazing nature around Set up is pretty easy with an auto-leveling system Fairly easy to drive and park Awesome queen bunk over the cab with large window (our favorite spot in the house!) Good looking interior and exterior CONS: - Very little storage because of the bunks - Living room is really non-existent - Narrow walkway leading from the bedroom to the living room (we hit that door with our shoulders all the time) - Not the best craftsmanship - had to beef up drawers in the dinette and fix a few minor things with cabinetry - THIS ONE IS FIXED: weak inverter and house batteries. We replaced our house batteries with lithium-ion batteries, got a stronger inverter/converter and 3 solar panels on the roof - now we can camp with no hookups for longer
- Anastasia, Indiana

2020-09-04 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RW28 View Listings

We bought it new a few months ago. We’ve taken it on several trips of one to three nights. We have had virtually no issues. What minor things we’ve found, we have addressed ourselves. The main remaining issues are the stabilizer switches are swapped and the generator hour gauge does not advance. I have added a steering stabilizer, rear anti-sway bar, tire pressure monitoring system, replaced the stereo with one that supports Apple Car Play, added a battery monitor system, upgraded the thermostat to a digital model and installed a surge suppressor/power monitor. It now drives really well. I’m also replacing the shocks with Koni’s, but I found the the right-rear shock is almost inaccessible because they mounted heat shield above it because it’s close to the muffler. I’m not yet sure if I will be able to replace it.
- David Coons, California

2020-07-30 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum GR22 View Listings

I didn’t have the best experience buying the RV. I kept getting told different things from different people as they just started selling Thor’s. There were a few problems inside with trim, bubbling on tint, poorly cut wood in the cabinets, a tear in the bottom of the mattress, etc. The truck functions, I enjoy camping in it, and it works for my needs. The big thing that encouraged me to keep this RV rather than just calling it and trading it in is the customer service I’ve received from Thor. I sent a few emails asking questions, they’ve sent schematics, and went beyond that by calling me and actually talking me through the problem and gave support way above and beyond what I was expecting. For that I’m willing to put in some elbow grease to fix the small things and work with the local dealership to have them fix the other things under warranty. The thing is a pain to drive long distances being 6’4” but there are very few vehicles designed for people my size. I have no problem moving around and living out of the vehicle.
- Tyler, North Carolina

2020-06-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

Over all build quality is awful, construction materials poor and support inadequate. I have decided to upgrade materials as I effect repairs myself. I suggest that getting the seven year warranty ( we purchased this ) is not worth it, we never received the details until after our purchase and were shocked at what little it covers.
- Brian Hunter, Texas

2020-06-12 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum SE28 View Listings

I am purchased my Thor Quantum SE28. This floor plan has a perfect layout, for form and function, and great basement storage. T.V. over the dinette frees the upper bunk from worry. TOGO antenna is great. The base chassis need to be beefier, larger anti sway bars and steering stabilizers. Even if it affects the price. In my opinion I found the best deal in the U.S., love this floor plan.
- gjurczyc, Michigan

2020-05-08 2019 Thor Motor Coach Quantum KW29 View Listings

Purchased in June 2019 and now have over 7,000 miles logged. Got the theater seating, couldn't be happier. "Knock on Wood" this coach has been a jewel. Only complaints I have is that Thor should pay more attention to the chassis when installing their units. I have had to add front super steer, rear sway bar and track bar to stabilize the "wag". And the Axxera stereo system/rear camera, TV's is a very low end product that I will eventually change out to a brand I would trust.
- Doug Singletary, Mississippi

2020-03-26 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum 31WS View Listings

We have had trouble with the electrical system on this unit since we bought it. It has been in the shop more than it has been out camping. Every time we take it out, it has some other issue pop up. We are the second owner. The first owner only kept it long enough to drive it from Texas to Tennessee. That should have been our first warning not to buy it. But the coach is the perfect size for two people and the appearance of it, both inside and out, is spectacular! We should have had the remainder of the factory warranty as the coach was less than a year old but a Thor service rep told us the warranty was only for the original purchaser. After the one year warranty had expired, I called Thor again to check on recalls for electrical issues. She told me that we were entitled to the remainder of the factory warranty but since it had expired there was nothing they could do to help us. We have replaced house batteries twice and need to replace them again before we can take it out this year. We have replaced the regulator, the inverter, the Main on/off switch, fuses—-basically anything that had anything to do with the electrical system. And it is still draining the batteries, won’t charge them when we run the motor and/or generator. I would not recommend a Thor motor home to anyone!
- Helen Haas, Tennessee

2019-11-24 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

Had to return to factory service because to many issues from electrical plumbing mechanical and quality of construction. Leaked like a screen door. First trip fixed 80% and is currently back for repairs. Thor service is dedicated and friendly unlike Camping World. Quaility control sucked
- Roy Lehto, Pennsylvania

2019-11-05 2019 Thor Motor Coach Quantum KW29 View Listings

Purchased end of March, 2019. Had it back to dealer in 3 days due to poorly done caulking in front corners of roof, as well as noticing an inch long hole in roof exterior lining at the base of the rear bathroom exhaust cover. (Dealer rep would not allow me to crawl on top during dealer orientation to check out the roof.) After 3 weeks at dealer took out for first camp out. But alas, could not fill fresh tank due to water spitting back out as tried filling. After an hour and half of looking discovered that the vent air tube above the tank was kinked in two spots. I eventually cut off 10 inches of tubing so that it was smooth and air could escape during fills. We also began hearing a major squeak when I got into the bed. We discovered that the main support board was curved upward & needed to be tacked down better. Then during our entire 3 week May trip to NC coast - I constantly struggled to maintain air pressure in the rear duals. Finally was told we were missing a valve stem nut for inner tire valve, which allowed the stem to be pushed away from air gauge and air chuck. And the valve stems on the outside tires were curved swung away from air gauge & chuck. Besides the normal drawers that would not stay latched a piece of the wall, inside the media outlets cupboard, had come un-attacked and hung out. Then, after three months and another camp out we discovered that the roof rubber was bubbling much more than the "normal" 20%, and, the rear closet wall as also now bulging out. Also: the ceiling exhaust fan near the oven stopped working and we were told it was wired wrong - and, underneath the entry step the exterior protective material began hanging down - quite noticeably. In all, the unit was back at the dealership 2 of the 6 months we owned it. I'm also going to add that, in my opinion, the driver and passenger seats are not the best for folk close to 6 ft, or over, as we. Sitting long term became extremely uncomfortable and was most challenging to get in and out of. Also, the engine noise was quite loud and the engine housing became overly hot to the touch, particularly in shorts. Thankfully our dealership fought for all repairs, via warranty. So after six months we tired of continually needing repairs, et.al, and had become sceptical of the units manufactured process, considered it a lemon and were greatly concerned about future issues. Thus we "bit the bullet" ...took a loss and traded it in for a Jayco Class C. So far, the difference in quality is quite noticeable.
- Dean Natterstad, Wisconsin

2019-10-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Best Class C RV on the market. The coach is classy and reliable. A whole lot of fun for the my family. We never had a problem with the coach. It is designed for the RV novice to handle and for this reason I would buy another Thor coach in the future.
- Joseph Pinzon, Texas

2019-09-22 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum KM24 View Listings

Great looking RV. Merceds Sprinter part of it great, lots of power and reasonable mileage with the diesel, 14mpg. Did have some initial problems on the Thor part. Maiden trip the slider stuck out while camping remote in Yellowstone, no phone service and could not drive the RV. I have a troubleshooting background doing HVAC work and was able to find a bundle of wires that had been crushed and were shorting together opening a fuse. Service dept did fix the wiring but I am apprehensive every time I use the slider. I had to remove all the drawers to glue and staple the bottoms in as they were all falling out. The service dept would only re-staple, not a permanent repair. Never use the instant water heater as so much water is wasted before the heater goes through the start cycle and the time it takes the hot water to get to the faucet. Not good when you dry camping on a limited water supply. RVs I find in general have overall poor quality and attention to detail. A lot depends on who is doing the work that particular day on the assembly line. Probably making a poor wage with a poor attitude!
- Mike Reed, Arizona

2019-08-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum PD31 View Listings

Bought my Quantum in GA Aug 27,2017..couldn’t pick it up when scheduled due to dealer safety concerns. Picked it up and returned it for problems 3 more times, then had to accept it mid Dec because we moved cross-country. Already had 3 new batteries, critters nesting through holes in floor, inoperative cameras, radio, slide. On 1st trip, piece of cabinet fell off, slide worked intermittently, coach battery couldn’t hold a charge, driver mirror had to be bungeed into position, cold air through head of bed, sliding doors in bedroom and bath not bolted and swinging, side door blew open because it wasn’t cut/fit correctly and so much more. When I arrived in WA, Thor was no help. They sent me to Cruise America and Freightliner for repairs— neither worked on Thor’s. I finally found my own repair dealer, but Thor was not very helpful despite approving them to do the work. In Dec2018, Thor sent one of their top mechanics to fix it at the dealer and pronounced it fixed. I took it home- problems not fixed and they sent the top mechanic to my house for more fixes. The fixes seem to never fix the problems. He also recommended several truck fixes-first GA repair broke passenger door panel when fixing the mirror to make it operational, and Thor was supposedly setting that up when all their communication with me stopped. They stopped answering my calls and emails. Since 12/2018, I now have to purchase a new slide pump as my slide got stuck open on my second use of this RV, the cameras and radio don’t work again, same electrical problems and central lights don’t work in coach, shower doesn’t drain, kitchen sink doesn’t drain, trim came off and flaps in the wind, there is absolutely no recreation involed in my RV. My 1 year warranty ended with about 11-1/2 months in the shop—both in GA and here in WA. I tried using the Quantum this weekend and the slide got stuck open. The pump is shot and I am paying for a replacement. This bill will be over $3,000 to fix the same problems Thor claimed to have fixed. I can’t see any quality control from Thor initially and the dealers are playing catch up repairing the same issues again and again. Thor has soured us to the Rving experience and I would certainly never consider buying any Thor product. I call my Thor the”Bimbo”—looks good, but nothing past that. If you want a pretty RV that sits in your driveway or the repair shop, then Thor is for you. My Thor is once again in for at least 2 weeks of repairs and I am canceling our summer reservations. We can’t trust this Thor product to not leave us stranded again. Never again Thor! I just threw away my money to Thor.
- Wendy, Washington

2019-08-03 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

We chose the Thor Quantum RC25 because we rustic camp the majority of the time and wanted something smaller that would go into state forests easily. We upgraded from a 22 foot Nash trailer. We looked at various floor plans and storage capacity. Our 22ft trailer had immense storage in a small space and we found that most Class C's lacked storage. The Thor hit the ball out of the park as far as were concerned. The residential cabinets in the kitchen area with the two pantry's is welcome. The storage is outstanding for a small coach. We don't have enough seating in the coach as no couch or chair is available in this floor plan. I use a small camping chair for additional seating if needed. The bathroom is very small - much smaller than in my trailer, but it is functional. There are some oddities like the grab bar is not in a logical place and the water heater control is under the towel bar so you can't see it if you have a towel hanging. The toilet is crooked which drives me nuts, but I'm told it can't be fixed due to the aggravation of plumbing. All in all, it's workable. We had a ton of things that needed attention when we took delivery. I understand this is normal for most RV's. Didn't have that problem with our trailer when it came from the factory. Everything was perfect. To begin with, we couldn't pump gas into the coach without the gas pumps turning off. This was a major issue that took us a year to get straightened out. The vent in the cab was installed backwards. The wall next to the fridge bowed terribly, and there were screw and nail pops everywhere. The wallpaper, trim and paint were bad in some areas. The dinette top was scratched in multiple places. Working with General in Wixom was a horrible experience. Some of these issues were handled by them, most by my husband after they got the parts that were needed. We just stopped going to General for repairs. My last and most important comment is that Thor has more than impressed us with how they stand behind their product. We have contacted them directly for two repairs that we had done at a private service center and they paid both. Understand that these items should have been right to begin with, but Thor didn't make it difficult for us to get reimbursed. They were prompt and professional. Whenever I call their customer service, they are always willing to help even if we don't get resolution at that point in time. I wanted to write this review to say that although we have had our share of issues with the Quantum, Thor has been great to work with. I wanted to make sure I let people know this since writing a bad review is easier than writing a good one for most of us.
- Renee Bouren, Michigan

2019-06-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum GR22 View Listings

I’ve had this RV for two years and to replace all of the batteries. None of them held a charge - the cab one was not strong enough to start the engine- the coach batteries had dead cells and cracked after being being recharged. The coach batteries leaked giving off chloine gas. With a full propane tank onboard I could have burnt alive or died in the explosion
- Barney Rubitsky, New York

2019-04-14 2019 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

Thor has improved quality in 2019 coaches. Bought Quantum RC25 with huge slide May '18 for maneuverability and livability. Plenty of closets and storage. Large open floor space, nice size kitchen area. Everything we needed for traveling for up to a month at a time, even with dogs. Appliances, slide, awnings and TV's upgraded and all worked perfectly. Nicely appointed interior, walk-around queen bed. Wanted to improve ride and stability so added air shocks and that did the trick! And just can't beat a E450 Ford chassis with V10 Tritron engine. Drives small, lives big with sleeping space for 4-5. So happy with our 2019 Thor Quantum RC25!
- John Ramey , Florida

2019-04-12 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RS26 View Listings

I bought the Thor Quantum Rs 26 in April 2018 The unit was in the dealership for warranty repairs from April 2018 to June 2018 they let me take it for several months even though they were not completely finished fixing all problems. I returned the unit to the selling dealer in October of 2018 and in April of 2019 I got fed up with owning and paying for a vehicle that I could not use so I took a $20,000 loss and traded it in. The original selling dealer said it was standard for people to lose $20,000-$30,000 when trading in units. Between the lack of customer warranty support from Thor and the Selling dealers inability to correct leaks and make all repairs in a timely fashion. I would only recommend this unit to my worst enemy. Thoroughly disgusted with lack of warranty support and dealer support with this RV. I will never buy another Thor product. They have a total lack of quality control and are more interested in quantity instead of quality.
- james F. Murphy, New York

2019-02-18 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

Don't buy from Thor! The coach looks great inside and the floorpan is good for a family. Kitchen a bit cramped for regular use and the slide doesn't open as wide as others (probably because it runs the length of the coach). Bathroom is large which is it's saving grace along with a nice residential fridge. Other than the floorpan and how it looks inside we've had nothing but issues in the past year. It's been in the shop for warranty work more than we've been able to take it out on trips. Very very poor quality work. We've had drawers drop the bottoms (with minimal inside), or open while traveling. One of the top cabinets has opened a few times and poured everything on top of our children while driving (been "fixed" at least once). It took months to get the entry door "fixed" because it sticks and it still sometimes sticks. I will say part of our issue has been a horrible dealer service department but if the unit didn't have so many workmanship issues we wouldn't have known how bad the dealer service was. As far as the engine - we took it from Florida to Pennsylvania this past summer. It was rough on the mountains (and they aren't as high as out west) and was struggling. We weren't even towing a car and don't think it could pull one if we tried. Save yourself some heartache and look elsewhere.
- Gloria R, Florida