Thor Motor Coach Quantum RVs Reviews (22)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Quantum RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Ed Phillips from Alabama says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Quantum RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

This is a follow up review to my first review with problems that continue to persist on my 2017 Thor WS31 motor home.After the 2nd camping trip (8/20thru 8/27)I now find out that the black water tank & the grey water tank must be installed incorrectly. After dumping the black water tank every day and a half I ran water from sink in bathroom and kitchen sink with both valves closed on the tanks and the black water tank filled up and the grey water tank continued to show empty.I now have a water leak from shower area that runs water onto the floor in front of the Fridge. Do not know if this issue is due from having to take motor home back to dealership after the first camping trip due to water valve not turned on to icemaker. Fridge had to be pulled and the water valve turned on. Do not know how these problems are not checked at the Thor factory. Seems to be no quality control check-off at Thor factory(additional examples are cabinet doors falling off when opened and screws and wiring that was left under slide-out). I will now have to take motor home back to the service dealership from which I purchased the motor home and get repaired, And the service department will do a outstanding job repairing as always. Service department will continue to have job security while Thor is ignoring quality. I JUST want to go on a camping trip without returning from trip and taking back to dealership for repairs. I would love to communicate with someone with authority at Thor and see how these failures were not caught at the Thor factory. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

2019-06-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum GR22 View Listings

I’ve had this RV for two years and to replace all of the batteries. None of them held a charge - the cab one was not strong enough to start the engine- the coach batteries had dead cells and cracked after being being recharged. The coach batteries leaked giving off chloine gas. With a full propane tank onboard I could have burnt alive or died in the explosion
- Barney Rubitsky, New York

2019-04-14 2019 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

Thor has improved quality in 2019 coaches. Bought Quantum RC25 with huge slide May '18 for maneuverability and livability. Plenty of closets and storage. Large open floor space, nice size kitchen area. Everything we needed for traveling for up to a month at a time, even with dogs. Appliances, slide, awnings and TV's upgraded and all worked perfectly. Nicely appointed interior, walk-around queen bed. Wanted to improve ride and stability so added air shocks and that did the trick! And just can't beat a E450 Ford chassis with V10 Tritron engine. Drives small, lives big with sleeping space for 4-5. So happy with our 2019 Thor Quantum RC25!
- John Ramey , Florida

2019-04-12 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RS26 View Listings

I bought the Thor Quantum Rs 26 in April 2018 The unit was in the dealership for warranty repairs from April 2018 to June 2018 they let me take it for several months even though they were not completely finished fixing all problems. I returned the unit to the selling dealer in October of 2018 and in April of 2019 I got fed up with owning and paying for a vehicle that I could not use so I took a $20,000 loss and traded it in. The original selling dealer said it was standard for people to lose $20,000-$30,000 when trading in units. Between the lack of customer warranty support from Thor and the Selling dealers inability to correct leaks and make all repairs in a timely fashion. I would only recommend this unit to my worst enemy. Thoroughly disgusted with lack of warranty support and dealer support with this RV. I will never buy another Thor product. They have a total lack of quality control and are more interested in quantity instead of quality.
- james F. Murphy, New York

2019-02-18 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

Don't buy from Thor! The coach looks great inside and the floorpan is good for a family. Kitchen a bit cramped for regular use and the slide doesn't open as wide as others (probably because it runs the length of the coach). Bathroom is large which is it's saving grace along with a nice residential fridge. Other than the floorpan and how it looks inside we've had nothing but issues in the past year. It's been in the shop for warranty work more than we've been able to take it out on trips. Very very poor quality work. We've had drawers drop the bottoms (with minimal inside), or open while traveling. One of the top cabinets has opened a few times and poured everything on top of our children while driving (been "fixed" at least once). It took months to get the entry door "fixed" because it sticks and it still sometimes sticks. I will say part of our issue has been a horrible dealer service department but if the unit didn't have so many workmanship issues we wouldn't have known how bad the dealer service was. As far as the engine - we took it from Florida to Pennsylvania this past summer. It was rough on the mountains (and they aren't as high as out west) and was struggling. We weren't even towing a car and don't think it could pull one if we tried. Save yourself some heartache and look elsewhere.
- Gloria R, Florida

2018-10-24 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

We have had an amazing experience with our brand new Thor Quantum LF31 bunkhouse. We have toured Canada Yellowstone most of Utah Nevada and a bunch of other places. Things that we have really enjoyed about the bunkhouse has been to multiple TVs hooked up to the inverter so we can watch TV without the generator. We have liked the residential fridge and icemaker as it has a ton of space. Some of the shortcomings of this coach are the freshwater tank only holds 40 gallons in the black and gray tanks only hold 28 gallons. That has been a little less than what we feel we could have used. The batteries that came with our motorhome were pretty much dead from the factory so we replaced the batteries with four 6V golf cart batteries and have had a great experience with that. The layout of this coach is great, and sooth our family of five perfectly. The master bedroom is a great escape for me and my wife. We did upgrade the TV sound systems so that we could here and enjoy our movies on the road. The drivability of this coach is great as it tracks very well and is comfortable to drive even though it is over 32 feet long. We also have loved the on-demand water heater for showers, when hooked up to city water our showers are endless and hot
- Cameron, Utah

2018-09-11 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RW28 View Listings

This is a continuation of our saga! We have used our RV many times since our purchase in May. But things continue to "break" or show up on every trip. And many of the original problems have not been solved. Our walls though repaired have continued to pop apart and the slide continues to come out while driving! It now does not even go out correctly. We have not opened it on this last trip for fear that it wouldn’t come back in! We r not driving this off road. Every time we return home it goes back in the shop and they “repair” a few things on the list but never seem to get it all. And the list continues to grow! The dealer that we purchased it from has been very pleasant and are good at pacifying the customer, but our patience is gone. I know many problems are from the factory but there seems to be a problem with communication between Thor and the dealer.
- Dorothy Princiotta, Utah

2018-08-23 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RS26 View Listings

Bought this RV about 10months ago. We have taken it on two major trips (3,500+ miles) and had numerous quality issues (too many to list here). Each time we take it in for warranty work it takes a minimum of 6weeks and each time we try to pick it up over half the items have never been touched. Currently having a problem with some kind of low volume squeal (alarm) sounds while the truck key is turned on. Talked with RV Tech and Thor direct...neither were any help. Tech support is poor to say the least. Wish I had looked longer
- GregM, Arizona

2018-08-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

I got this RV in July 2018 I took it camping 2 time's and this is what has happened so far Slide does not seal outside when closed offset in fiberglass and Rubber seal going down side does not touch on bottom when open and hardly touches  on top Slide does not seal on inside when open the seals do not reach no corners Open cupboard door see outside Bump in floor Table bed don't fit Sink in bathroom rusting Radio static Hot water tank not working Squealing noise engine Small hole in slide topper Can only turn Antenna 1/4 turn Driver seat has marks showing up where someone tried it fix leather AC does not work right Chrome on front grill coming off Hole in floor underneath 5"× 7" where 3 " toilet pipe goes through to holding tank cold air and critters can get in Backup camera quit working Bathroom door will not close anymore Electric skylight shade works sometimes Water comes in slide when driving in rain On my Drive home mud flap came loose, window blind fell down,  heating vents were falling out,  wires hanging low under rv,  Battery straps were not hook up,  I WOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING MADE BY THOR INDUSTRY 'YOU WILL BE SORRY '
- Jay, Pennsylvania

2018-07-29 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RQ29 View Listings

I have had nothing but problems with this RV and they are still not fixed. Thor does not stand behind their product. Still having leaks. This is a piece of junk. Thor will not do anything to make it right. Do not but this product. Nothing but poor quality and no quality control. I will have to rebuild this unit myself or find some fool that will take it as a trade in. Dealer in Tampa told me that I did not seal my roof and the whole bunk was wet. We took it to an independant RV repair and they did a water test in front of me. No leak from the roof-the leak was caused by the window frame being cut too big and had large gaps in the seal around the window. Thor would not warranty because I was one day over my year warranty and the insurance said it was a manufacturer defect.So I had to pay for everything myself. I am looking trade in soon!
- TY ALVAREZ, Florida

2018-05-24 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RW28 View Listings

We are longtime rv owners. We chose this particular model because of floor plan and storage. We r on our on our maiden voyage. Hi So far we have had the large drivers side slider pop halfway out while driving!! And every time we stop we find something else that has happened to the interior construction, such as walls popping from where they r supposed to be nailed, wooden tv frame fell off the wall, corner trim has let go and the last stop we found something that looks like a wooden washer, not sure where that goes! Needless to say we r very discouraged and not impressed with the quality control from Thor factory.
- Dorothy Princiotta, Utah

2018-05-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum KM24 View Listings

Quality control? Not at Thor! Our unit was constructed more poorly than aNY manufactured product I've ever seen.Every door is hung poorly with gaps, every gasket is applied poorly and leaks, vent covets won't fit, dresser and drawers fall apart with first use, bumper paint had many runs, grease all over our new RV! SOME TECHNICIAN CLOSED THE HOOD WITHOUT MOVING THE LATCH, DENTING AND BENDING THE HOOD. The unit we received was missing many features from the one we ordered. WHAT A PIECE OF GARBAGE! NEVER TRUST THOR!
- Paul Schwen, Utah

2018-04-24 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum GR22 View Listings

On April 2018 had a collision accident and the air Bags never deployed. The seat held firm the other driver caused $7500 worth of damage. The compacity Of such a vehicle marks that the vehicle should have Deployed the air bags
- Barney Rubitsky, New York

2018-03-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach Quantum PD31 View Listings

My husband and I own a Thor Quantum PD31. We have never had any issues with our RV. The appliance are great!! We have a House refrigerator with ice maker, has stove with oven and a great microwave oven!! Not sure why the other folk gave such bad reviews. We love our quantum
- Cindy Morrill, Virginia

2018-02-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

This is a follow up review from 1/22/18. The motorhome continues to remain in the shop at the dealership it was purchased at since 12/22/18. Continue to question myself on why did I purchase this Thor motorhome?? I have used this motorhome on 6 camping trips and it has been returned to shop at least 4 times for quality issues. Looks like a part for MH will not be in for at least 2 more weeks. Need I say more on why I would not purchase ANY RV that Thor manufactured at their plants? It is obvious that this motorhome was not 1 of the 15 that I have been told that's pulled for inspection. Why is EVERY motorhome not inspected when completed at the plants?? Unbelievable!!

2018-01-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Wrote a review on 8/3/17 concerning quality problems from the Thor factory. The motorhome continues to have problems. Left at dealership of purchase 2 to 3 more times for issues since the 8/3 review. Issues such as water leaks on awning side inside large locker at back, water leaks in bathroom and also on wall near fridge. Many more issues that I would like to discuss with Thor. Spoke with a lady from Thor in Sept of 2017. No satisfaction from her. Would someone from Thor contact me as the motorhome has been in the shop since 12/22/17. This is unbelievable that a new motorhome left the Thor factory like this. Who is responsible for Quality Control at Thor??

2018-01-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RS26 View Listings

After a year and a half and 25,000 miles my wife and I love our 26RS! It has a great floorplan for us and allows us to get on all the backroads in our travel. The few warranty issues were taken care of by LaMesa in Port St. Lucie. We like everything about it compared to our prior rv (Itasca Navion) except the mileage of 8 1/2 to 9 mpg. It handles and drives better than the sprinter and isn't bothered nearly as much by the wind. It is great for our use and has the power to pull my rtv on a trailer with ease!
- Ray Mansfield, Florida

2018-01-11 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum GR22 View Listings

There are so many little quality issues that keep adding up that make me regret buying a Thor product. Cabinets fall apart, trim comes apart, wall paper peals off, radio stops working, screws separated from what they should secure, house batteries stop working, pipes leak. and on and on. I have had to take the RV back repeatedly costs in gas/time. It has been a frustrating process. The owners manual is useless. Difficult to find and QC issues. The help desk is not informed about solutions. The time to get approval and answers is delayed. After having the RV is has been in the shop 5 plus times. Thor WILL NOT repair the defective house batteries. It is clearly a company that does not create great RVS and ensure a great customer experience.
- David Berger, California

2018-01-11 2016 Thor Motor Coach Quantum 26RS View Listings

I would NOT recommend buying from this company. We have a minor issues but Thor refuses to stand by their work and openly admitted they put cheap quality appliances in their motor homes. They have poor customer service proven by hanging up on me and not honoring their warranty. Even though minor issues these should have been checked out by the manufacturer before putting a poor quality rv on the market to sell. I realize reviews are very subjective but be very cautious in buying from this manufacturer.
- S. McBride, Georgia

2018-01-10 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RS26 View Listings

Workmanship is very bad. Many items should have not gotten past Thor’s Quality Control. Spend much of the first year fixing warranty items. Floor plan is excellent. Appearance is great. Very sloppy construction without the oversite needed to put out a quality product.
- Donna Owens, California

2017-12-02 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

The Ford Chassis drives great! This is the best Class C floor plan. It is a nice walk though to the back when the slide out is in. Nice that it has instant hot water. Wish Thor put larger black and grey tanks but other than that it is a great RV.
- Charles Swisher, Virginia

2017-11-12 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum GR22 View Listings

My experience with this motor home has been disappointing. It has spent months in the shop for poor workmanship issues. I have to bring in back 4 times missing many of our planned trips. Despite this, new problems emerge with every trip. This last trip that radio stopped working meaning my cameras were unavailable - a safety concern. I constantly have outlets that blow out. This is very disappointing. Moreover, Thor's response to get the repairs and correct materials approved only adds to my delays. Part of the delays in getting things done right belong with the dealer, Mike Thompson, who cannot seem to order the right parts in a timely manner, but the quality of the Quantum is where the blame lies. The cabinets are junk and fall apart, the finishings are also poorly installed. I have the entire rear window trim collapse. Trim comes apart as well not being properly installed. The user manual is worthless. Try to figure out what fuse is what, your cannot with the Thor manual. To be honest, most of the problems are minor, but in their collective they show a disregard for quality.
- Davd Berger, California

2017-10-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Bought this unit from a dealership in Saskatchewan. When we first purchased this unit it went through the first camp without issue. 2nd trip the awning retracted half way and blew the #7 fuse. The slide wouldn't retract either. The fuse panel turned out to be wired incorrectly and the awning wiring should have been in the # 8 fuse position. Discovered a pile of garbage, screws, wiring, sunflower seeds and sawdust behind the fuse panel and water pump. Where is quality control on clean up at the factory? Developed a water leak after the ice maker was turned on.The rear area of the slide has cut the vinyl flooring as it was glued down improperly and puckered. The 40" TV bracket had the support screws falling out as they were screwed into 1/4" plywood that offered absolutely no support and when the unit is driven the vibration wiggled 3 out of 4 screws loose, also found the upper valance and wall area at the front slide smashed and part of the actual plywood wall hanging loose by the wall paper.....come on Thor!! Some of the finish on the cabinet doors where scratched and streaked. Some of the cabinet cross members were cracked as they obviously never predrilled screw holes in the hardwood. What is going on with factory quality control? We are trying to fix these issues under warranty, but I can only find one place in all of Manitoba that will consider fixing any issues. The dealer is over 8 hours away if I have to take it back to Saskatchewan. They (the dealership) have been great with contacting Thor and authorizing the work but to have all these quality issues come after purchasing this unit is ridiculous $140,000 bucks for me and my wife to clean up their messes. The screws, dust, dirt and garbage shows how they care about their product. I've bought my first and last Thor Motor Coach, ever!!!! It's to bad because I love the looks and feel of driving a "C" Class, but after this one, it will never be a Thor again!
- Terry Aselton, Manitoba

2017-08-03 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

I picked up motorhome on 7/18/17. This was after the first WS31 that my wife & I picked out could not be used due to rails on slideout installed incorrectly at the Thor factory. This motorhome was brought to Alabama from Louisiana. The one delivered on 7/18 that came from Florida had to have motor changed out on the electric awning. The service department did a outstanding job of repairing this problem. Had to bring motorhome back on 7/19 due to issues with the TV's. Wiring had shorted out and new antenna was put on which corrected problem. Service department had motorhome ready that evening. Tried motorhome out at a campground the next day(7/20) and the ice maker would not work. Taking motorhome back to the place of purchase on 8/4 and leaving with service department to correct this and other small issues. One issue was a cabinet door above the dinette fell off. I thought Thor was a quality camper but something has changed with the poor quality at the factory. Another issue was screws was left under the dinette area of slide out. This should have been corrected & cleaned at the factory. If someone with authority from Thor reads this review....GET YOUR POOR & UNACCEPTABLE QUALITY PROBLEMS CORRECTED!!! Not one customer should buy a new motorhome and go through these kind of quality problems originating from the Thor factory. The service department have corrected problems in a timely fashion and I would recommend the sales staff & service staff to anyone. Would I purchase another Thor camper? I do not think so.