Thor Motor Coach Palazzo Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (38)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Palazzo Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Arlene Dyer from Texas says:

I own a 2013 Thor Palazzo. I would guess buying from was my first mistake. Buying a Thor product was my second. There is obvious

Voted Most Helpful Review 2013 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.1 View Listings

I own a 2013 Thor Palazzo. I would guess buying from <dealer name removed> was my first mistake. Buying a Thor product was my second. There is obviously no quality control department. Our lights are filled with foam balls. A fire hazard. The wood is cracked in several places. Don't even pull out a drawer! The debris behind the cabinets is a disgrace. Doors dont line up, holes and screws missing or crooked. A very expensive piece of junk! I Will stand behind Freightliner! Awesome customer service. Our side had water running down the slide gasket into the RV. The windows leak from the top inside window frame.Oddly water trickles down the inside window for days after the rain has stopped. My concern is water pooling inside my walls. I was the second owner (less than 3000) miles on RV. Thor voided the original warranty releasing them from Any repair work. A company that does not stand behind their product is a company to run away from. Their excuse is "we don't know how well the second owner Will take care of the rv" Seriously? The original owner would have the slide fixed under their warranty. Im 100% out of pocket. Thor knows extended warrantys do not cover leaks or windows. So I can say DON'T BUY A THOR PRODUCT. ... I challenge Thor to do what's right and fix my issues due to poor workmanship and even worse quality control.
- Arlene Dyer, Texas

2020-11-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

Our new Palazzo was not without a few faults but none were major except for leaking low point drain valves draining into the wet bay floor causing extensive rotting. The entire floor was replaced at Thor’s expense. Otherwise The Palazzo has been great, good livability and stellar mechanical performance.
- David Little, Florida

2020-11-04 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

Dealer very deceptive. Said this unit was very clean, turns out had major problems ( slide malfunction snd water leak). They knew about these problems, tried to deceive us. Thank god for reputable independent inspectors.
- Pat Jenkins, Florida

2020-02-29 2019 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

We enjoy how our new Motor Coach handles, it drives great. We are very disappointed in the quality of the interior, we are especially disappointed in the dealership (Camping World) that sold us the new Motor Coach. Since our purchase about nine weeks ago, the coach has spent most of this time in CW Shop, We would not recommend anyone buying Thor or buying from Camping World.
- Tom Ridenhower, North Carolina

2020-02-24 2016 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 35.1 View Listings

I have stayed as a guest in this RV on 3 trips up and down the east coast. I thoroughly enjoyed its amenities. It has all the bells and whistles. It handles well on the roads. It provided many comfortable evenings making meals and enjoying all it has to offer. It is kept in a enclosed garage when it was not on the road. For an extra price, there is also a tow vehicle available.
- bhelming, South Carolina

2020-02-23 2017 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

1st RV ever owned. Driving is a pleasure. Towing my 2018 Silverado 1500 is a breeze. Was getting 11.5mph towing Rx350 on tow dolly but now getting 10.2 towing my truck. Haven't had any major issues. 13750 miles on it. Only complaint is access to rear black tank.
- Rick Goss, Texas

2020-02-16 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

I am 75 years old and have had some kind of rv all my adult life and this 2014 Thor product is the worst quality built I have ever seen or owned. Cheap materials is one thing ( which they use big time) but just poor workmanship should be a crime for what you pay for a class a rv. Thor has to focus on schedule and ZERO concern for quality work. I built airplanes for 32 years and would not have made one year with workmanship like Thor puts out. One example only - all the material on all the furniture pealed off - Thor said won’t help on furniture- I have talked to other rv folks and they had same problem - they should have recalled. I will stay 1000 miles away from a Thor product when I buy again.
- Robert vose, South Carolina

2020-01-25 2015 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33 2 View Listings

We bought our Palazzo 33.2 new from our local dealer in exchange for a Fleetwood Fiesta. After the Fiesta, the Palazzo is a dream. We love the floor plan and amenities. Like all mobile homes, they are now produced to be lighter and cheaper while offering amenities people demand. We have been extremely happy with ours. Any issues we had (heater and fridge) are items produced by other companies and we do not hold Thor responsible for the minor issues we experienced. We lived in it for 2 years when my husband took contracts, returning home for short periods in-between 6month periods. We are now going to full time in it, and are selling our house to do so. Hope that tells you how satisfied we were with ours.
- Veronica, Arkansas

2019-11-29 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

The Thor Motor coach Pallazo 33.2 at first glance looks like a home run for the money however it is totally not the case. Poor quality throughout the coach. flooring seats, storage space electrical system. A total dog. You will spend a fortune fixing all the things wrong with this product. Factory support non existent. Cheap cheap cheap and crappy from the roof line down to the The chassis. I own a 1996 Fleetwood discovery which runs circles around this brown turd.If all of the deficiencys are fixed then you will have a pretty nice machine. The chassis is made by freightliner so far so good. The Thor motor coach side is cheap and crappy all the way through. I am in the process of basically rebuilding my coach. My coach is a 2014. All the vinyl on the seats and booth and coach have to be replaced. Which means you might as well buy new as to have them recovered and forget about any warranty from Thor or from Villa there is none. Supposedly the material came from china furnished to villa by Thor. The electrical system will not keep the batteries charged when connected to shore power. The water system control valves have to be replaced. No storage. and finally super low clearance. You will scrape the body on everything. super difficult to wax. This thing should be sent to a shredder. Crappy Jensen radio and all the TV's are uber cheap. Advice to the wise. Don't buy unless you purchase from some dumb sap like me who is in the process of fixing everything. Also the refrigerator craps out after 5 years. Advice stay the hell away from anything that says Thor Motor Coach. Run run run away from Thor Motor coach.
- Mnwray1961, Missouri

2019-10-27 2015 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

I enjoyed the few long trips I took, but after a few years realized that a class B better suited me because I never had more than two other people with me. It was my first experience with an RV and I was impressed with all the amenities and it’s ability to tow my car even through mountains. It’s a good size for families and those who take trips with four or more people.
- James Coyle, Pennsylvania

2019-09-11 2019 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

The Thor Palazzo RV is very comfortable with a convenient Kitchen and storage. The washer and dryer was a luxury I especially enjoyed. Joe was amazed at the gas mileage with the impressive built to last diesel engine. We both thought it was a great value for the quality. There were never any problems. We had ours modified with safety and accessibility features that made it fit our needs. I believe the 2019 model had solved some problems that owners found in past model years. There is a great YouTube video that shares those details about the upgrades, engine and other specs. We bought it to travel until we found a new home in retirement and we found it sooner than we expected after travelling less than 5,000 great miles.
- Catherine Werth, New Mexico

2019-07-29 2018 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

Purchased our Motorhome in February of 2018. We bought the unit from Sky River RV in Pismo Beach, California. The first time out the small bedroom slide would not extend. Returned the unit back to the dealer. They indicated it was repaired Next time we used the RV the slide still did not work. Called the dealer and sent out a technician who diagnosed the problem. Unit had to be taken back to the dealer for repairs. When using the washer we realized no water was going into it. We also realized that we were not getting hot water. Took the RV back to the dealer and they indicated repairs had been made. When using the unit the next time, we still had no hot water. We called a local repairman in Visalia and he discovered that the hot water was not connected. After these repairs, we discovered that the washer continued to leak after the RV was driven to another location. We finally just removed the washer and dryer since they couldn’t be used anyway. In August of 2018 while we were in Oregon, the long full-wall slide would not extend. We called a local repairman and he stated the RV had to be taken in for repairs. This individual indicated that the mechanism used for the full-wall slide was inadequate for such a slide. Several other repairman agreed with this assessment. The slide was repaired in Junction City, Oregon but they expressed the same concerns as previously mentioned. Back in Visalia we had problems with the air conditioning and a repairman had to install a new transfer switch. While traveling in Texas, we discovered water coming onto the floor of the guest bathroom. We discovered that the drain wasn’t even connected. In July of 2019 approximately a year after the full-wall was repaired the same issue surfaced again. We are on our way to Junction City, Oregon in order to make the proper repairs. We realize that some problems are to be expected, but our issues appear to go beyond this. We would hope that Thor would evaluate our situation and make some effort to rectify our situation. It’s interesting to note that when we bought our RV, the dealer emphasized that we should use it. We sometimes wonder if this is simply a statement they make, but they are really hoping that it is used very little so very few problems will surface. We are of the opinion that Thor would make some effort to resolve this issue.
- Cornelius Van Groningen , California

2019-04-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.4 View Listings

We broke down on the way home. We stop at several dealers that would help us because we didnt buy and non thor refused to do the warranty work stating Thor doesnt pay their bills. We finally spoke with the VP of service and was told They are made do go down the road.
- D.j., Utah

2019-02-22 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.3 Bunkhouse View Listings

We fulltime RV in our Thor PALAZZIO 33.3 Bunk house for 6 months and it was a great expierence. We had no mechanical breakdowns. It was reliable and comfortable. The deisel is more then sufficient to pull ALL OUR THINGS around without hesitation. I would reccommened this unit to anyone who wants a small deisel pusher that can get the job done!
- Chris , Pennsylvania

2019-02-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

Purchased new in Jan2017. Took dealer49 days to let us take delivery. They had so many things to fix including a broken slide motor that was not disclosed to us. Since we took possession in March 2017 this is the list of items that were defective and/or failed. Furnace, diesel leak, tranny leak, step failure,full wall slide (2 motors replaced still problems), leveling jacks (hydraulic pump replaced) still don’t level correctly and front jack slowly comes down when not down, shower leaked, brakes replaced, paint fading and has clear oat overspray from an unknown before?, refrigerator leak, washer drain hose came out of drain twice(pulled loose from slide?), control panel failure caused odometer to zero out, GFCI’s and phone chargers didn’t work, engine access panel not cut out, outside storage cabinets not aligned or sealed. This was all in first year. Now our Palazzo is 2 years old and front cap is disintegrating at seal. I wish I could post a picture it’s horrifying! Thor does not even deserve one star.
- MLawson, Washington

2019-02-03 2017 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.3 View Listings

Love the floor plan. I love my desk at the dash as I typically crochet while hubby drives and that's the perfect place for the laptop with the pattern I'm using in full display. Did trade out the king mattress for a Serene foam mattress (available at Costco for a great price).
- V Rock, Nevada

2018-12-21 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

Purchased 2014 Thor Palazzo Motor Coach 33.2, in Feb 2014, [dealer], Spartanburg, SC. To date, the full wall slide out has failed FIVE (5) times since purchase! And it fails the same way every time! 1. Fixed [dealer], Chattanooga TN - Mar 2015 2. Fixed Thor Factory - Wakarusa, IN - Oct 2015 3. Fixed Thor Factory - Wakarusa, IN - Oct 2016 4. Fixed [dealer] - New Braunfuls, TX - Dec-2017 to Jan-2018 We are now in Chesterfield, VA and the slide out has failed again! The full wall slide is out and will not retract. Contacted the Factory Service Center. They won't do anything, not send a rep, nothing until WE get the slide in and get it to a repair facility AT OUR EXPENSE, AGAIN! This company DOES NOT stand by it's product! Don't even mention getting legal advice, then you get thrown under the BUS BIG TIME! Won't even answer emails!
- Doretta Eilbeck, South Dakota

2018-07-11 2018 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33 2 View Listings

We had our Palazzo built. It was supposed to be finished and delivered to the dealership in Feb. It was not ready until April. The inverter died on the second trip out - June. The shelving is thin and flimsy. The wallpaper is pieced in pieces and has already started peeling in one place. The bathroom vanity is made out of the same flimsy material as the shelving - less than 1/4 in thick. The wood trip around the slide in the bedroom has already come off. There are three cabinets that are only 3 in. deep and 20 in tall without shelving. What in the world can a person put in this storage. One of the full size closets has shelves 2 feet below the curtain rod. The big cabinet above the couch is taken up with electronics; leaving two small cabinets on either side for storage of food. The cabinet by the microwave has an outlet with the huge microwave cord blocking storage. One of the full size closets also has electrical cord and cable sticking out blocking storage. The electrical motor for the bunk over the cab has burned out (only used once). We are a retired couple and have only taken this coach out 3 times. We have had other RVs with better quality build. OH yes, the paint next to the roof by the ladder is also starting to peel. So much for our luxury ride for travel and adventure for retirement. The 5 TVs do not make up for the lack of thoughtful living environment. Boy did we make a mistake. I miss our Jayco. We do have more sleeping and living space, but keep in mind that two of the full size beds are only long enough for a 5 foot person.
- v. Jeanne, Colorado

2018-05-08 2013 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.1 View Listings

We were in awe of the Palazzo when we first saw it. We purchased this coach used and have generally been pleased with it. The Freightliner chassis is great. Power, performace and fuel economy are super (10-12 MPG)Mid door entry and dual fuel fillers help too. There is a problem with refrigerator access with the slide in. We solved that and the poor quality material by replacing all the furniture!
- David Nicholls, Florida

2018-01-08 2013 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.1 View Listings

We purchased the biggest lemon ever and warranty to go with that denies every repair. Hydraulic leveling jacks leaked from the beginning. They have been replaced and leaked the same day of new install. 6 new batteries died due to bad converter . 3rd jack repair takes 5 weeks min. EACH time. Ruined our whole summer being in shop and now went to use it first time in year and half due to,shop time and it is leaking again! 5 yrs old and 3,000 miles on it due to shop time. Do not go to Richardsons RV in Sun City, Ca. Repaired 1st leak. Drove it home 25 miles it leaked again. Took it back and they said the hose got cut because it was improperly installed by retracting outdoor step. Claimed their mechanic did not put it their during the first repair. Each time it takes couple of months. Once we picked it up and drove 1 mile, stopped to look and it was leaking. Warranty excluded all 3 repairs and we need fourth On same issue right now! DO NOT BUY A THOR PRODUCT, or warranty . Retired, drained, and stranded. Biggest mistake ever!!!
- Rex Moore, California

2017-10-11 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

It was a dream to drive and the towing was amazing through the mountains. It may not have the speed going up the hills but definitely torque. We lived in ours for almost 2 years in the cold winter and found it to be superior to others that were in our area. I had to heat blanket the tanks and hose however anything below -10 was fine. The unit comes with a washer/dryer which is awesome when living full time. Totally love it, and for future considerations would buy a Thor product again.
- James Cooney, British Columbia

2017-10-03 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

This is just the best RV. The floor plan is very spacious and it allows easy access to all the living areas. There is a ton of inside storage which made it easy to ensure everything had a place. The 1/2 bath is very comfortable and easy to access. The full bath was perfect. The shower is huge for an RV and very comfortable to use. The unit drives like a dream and was very comfortable to drive long distances. Set up was very easy, even tho it had 2 baths to hook up.
- Anyah Cook, Florida

2017-09-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

i purchased this new motorhome to take my elderly parents on trips. after dads stroke he was unwilling to take anty more bus trips. sooooo i took the plunge..by far the biggest mistake of my life.4 engine cut off switches...still doesnt cut power to the dash. electrical short caused by a pinched wire in a slide...dash occasionally flashes off and resets while on the road at 70 mph. 7 months into ownership...issues still not resolved. oh, and i took it to freightliner and they found 15 loose electrical connections...did i mention this rig was new??? Thor recently purchased Jayco and Airstream...buyers beware. They boast that they are the largest RV manufacturer. Sorry Thor..biggest does not equal Best/
- Jeff Bohn, Iowa

2017-08-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.4 View Listings

We purchased a new 2017 Thor Palazzo Our best advice is to steer clear of this brand. Their attachment of the slide rollers and other craftmanship is shoddy and poor. We will not be buying another one. On the surface they appear to be a quality coach but once you get behind the scenes they are made extremely poorly. Also we made our last visit to have any repairs done at dealer. We have ultimately had to do all our own repairs on this new coach as camping world has absolutely the worst service and repair work technicians we have ever encountered. They are absolutely clueless. Stay away from camping world for you purchases.
- Charles Bass, Oklahoma

2017-07-26 2015 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

In shop more than we have used it! Electrical problems, overhead bunk gets jammed, back up camera goes off, have had problem with slide outs, now we had a window blow off while traveling. Found 3 more windows loose. This could have caused a deadly accidend.
- Nancy Waters, Tennessee