Thor Motor Coach Miramar

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Miramar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Herb Orama from North Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 34.1 View Listings

Pros: Looks great, full body paint, 1 1/2 bath, handles very good on highway, side opening basement doors, 100gal water capacity, drop down hidden bed over cockpit, air conditioning and heat antiquate. Cons: Delivered dirty, numerous front slide break downs from day 1, front led lights had to be replaced 4 times, drawers and cabinets doors popping open as we drive, inverter failed, auto start generator failed, awning had no slant catching rain water when deployed, not enough electric sockets especially in kitchen area, air vents were full of foam insulation that blew out the rear bathroom vents, both front fans connected to 1 switch, fans powered by engine battery should be connected to coach battery with individual switches.
- Herb Orama, North Carolina

2021-09-11 2022 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 37.1 View Listings

We were pleasantly surprised to have zero issues with the Thor Miramar 37.1 on a quite lengthy trip from Naples, FL to Nevada and Colorado with stops in Texas, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Mississippi, Louisiana and many more. The floorpan and number of cabinets makes this an excellent family coach....hard to beat. Our daughter loves the bunks! The only disadvantage - nothing to do with Thor - is that the Ford gas engine simply does not provide the same downhill braking options like a Diesel Pusher. We drove the rig up to 11,000 feet with no issues but had to go slow (in very low gears) down. When working hard uphill, the engine also is a bit noisy, but not a major issue. Overall a lot of coach for the money and a great choice if you only do occasional mountain driving.
- Hans Till, Colorado

2021-08-05 2022 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

I fell in love with the floor plan, plain and simple, and bought the unit from the Fresno Camping World, sight unseen. Yes I know; really stupid. This being our first RV of any sort (we have been houseboaters for 30 years) we naturally assumed the quality and service would be to an acceptable standard. Like, as if I was buying a new Ford truck from a Ford dealer. Wrong!!! Camping World has no quality control. Our unit was a brand new 2022 26 HE. The only unit we wanted was in Fresno, 200 miles from home. Upon arrival on pick up day, first inspection we gave them a quick list of "honey do's" such as straps to secure the house battery bank which was adrift, clean the coach, it was dirty, and had obviously been used for demo or something. Arrived home to find the 2nd house bank battery ground #4 cable was left hanging down and actually dragged for the 200 mile drive home. Also a mysterious yellow 14guage wire hanging down to the ground. Service manager could not explain either. We were too far away for him to give a rats ass. Thor did their best to explain the yellow wire to nowhere by e mailing to me a complete wiring schematic. Thor's way of saying "go figure it out yourself!. Piss off. Nice! The RV is a beast to drive. This RV is extremely unbalanced and all over the road. The front end drifts back and forth. I have had the unit for less than a week and just got around to reading other reviews. Makes me feel a bit sick. I am kind of mechanical handy so anything minor that goes wrong I will do my self. The rest of it, well fingers crossed. I will be addressing the unbalanced nature of this unit, just have to figure out to whom. If you loved the floor plan like I do, drive the coach around the town and on a busy freeway with the salesman and make sure you know can live with the negatives that Thor seems to rebuild year after year. Early days for us.
- STAN HUBBELL, California

2021-07-22 2022 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

2022, Thor, Tranquility,"P". Likes: Mercedes Sprinter Chassis, 4X4 Capability, Ground Clearance, Lithium Package, Mastervolt Controller, Bed, AC, Propane, Bike Rack, Ladder, Cassette Toilet. Dislikes: Thor Cabinetry, Component quality, Quality Control, Inoperable House Windows, Poor quality bodywork on a new Van (shouldn't have any). Overall the planning and design of the van are good for Boondocking and off road adventures, the problems are really only Thor's use of cheap materials and embarrassing craftsmanship. I am sure some of the team takes pride in their work but it is quite apparent many do not and there is no gatekeeper in quality control. With focus and pride from management this could be a great product and sell a lot of units.
- Jeffrey Goldsmith, Florida

2021-07-16 2016 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 34.1 View Listings

We acquired our unit in December of 2019 from a dealer after having 4 new golf cart 6 volt batteries installed. We drove it to Florida for 3 months and pulled a Toad. Experience down was good. In FL the unit did well with the heat but I recommend a driver side awning for the large windows as the side gets very warm. Love the resi frig and have found service is easy in our area. We had to replace the temperature control inside the unit to regulate the temperature in the frig. Not happy with the 3trax slide out system on drivers side. Replacing it will cost us $2100. I don’t think it’s strong enough for the application. The motor has come loose and has a constant rattle even after retightening. Ford chassis performance is excellent. Love the 22.5 aluminum wheels. On an generator is excellent. Kitchen sink drains into the black tank on bath and a 1/2 model, very odd. If you don’t have a washer the second grey tank is only used by the bathroom sink.
- James Laverdiere, Indiana

2021-06-28 2021 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

We purchased and took delivery of a 2021 35.2 in April. It has been on 2 1/2 trips (we are half way through a 14 day trip #3). I regret purchasing this particular unit--we have had LOTS of problems. 1. Driver delivering it to the dealer hit something and gouged the right front wheel. When we drove it off the lot, the alignment was way off. But dealer had it aligned. 2. The facia on the front right storage door peeled loose on I-80 15 minutes out of Salt Lake. A new door has been ordered, but who knows when it will come in. Entertainment system doesn't work right. 3. Several nail pops under the vinyl floor that are beginning to wear. 4. AC ambient temp reads about 15 degrees too high so it runs extra long. 5. Shag carpet by the accelerator pedal looks five years old and is frayed away. 6. Entry door deadbolt is not properly aligned. 7. Kitchen drawers went out of alignment on the second trip--one won't latch, the other won't freely open. 8. Driver slide rear weatherstripping is coming off. 9. Screen over kitchen sink is not properly attaching--it appears latches are missing on top. 10. The crisper drawer plastic cover keeps coming off. 11. A few bubbles in the vinyl floor where it wasn't trimmed properly. 12. Dinette back cushion not properly sewn and the seam is comong loose. 13. The windshield shade wouldn't lower on the first trip when our daughter was with us. 14. The paneling behind the couch to access the hideaway 50" TV had several wood screws strip and it came loose while driving. 15. The latch on the Refrigerator to keep it shut while driving has worked loose and won't always stay locked on the road. Advvisory: Maybe these bugs are normal. This is our first RV and we have only had it 3 months. But as a retired quality assurance engineer for unmanned aerial vehicles (where quality is not just important, but critical), I find the number of poor quality workmanship issues to be enough to convince me to not buy again. In addition to the Thor issues, there was also a recall on the Ford rear axle. On a positive, the floorplan is wonderful, lots of room and storage, and the Ford V-8 engine can accelerate up a 4% grade towing a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Bottom line, I would not buy another Thor.
- Steve Bender, Idaho

2021-06-18 2021 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 37.1 View Listings

The hood flys open and up. latches in side the hood are to short. We have to bungie cord the hood. There is a big safety issue there. Text me for a solution please. Craig and Ellen Bryan There was so many problems that the dealer couldn't get parts for. Also there is a recall for the f53 chassis for not having enough gear oil installed at the Ford plant.
- Craig Bryan, Florida

2021-06-17 2022 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

We recently upgraded from a Thor Freedom Traveler a Thor Miramar. The Freedom Traveler was great with no issues other than it road rough and did not have the bells and whistles necessary for full time. The Miramar we chose had the things that were missing from the other motorhome. The reason why I rated the quayside low is because we discovered a lot of quality defects that should have been caught prior to releasing the unit from the manufacturer. It seems this unit was thrown together and then shipped for the dealership to correct the defects before selling it. Well the dealership did not expect us to come and buy it so fast this. Never correcting any of the issues they found or we found during our walk through. Now there is a parts shortage which is delaying corrections to the list of issues. To add to this is a Ford recall that probably should have been corrected by the Ford manufacturer and/or Thor before releasing it to the dealership. I got it the chassis is something that is not made by a Thor but surely they knew of the safety recall before they drove it to the dealership (770 miles) at which time they could have sent the unit to a Ford dealership or have Ford visit their site to correct. When we got the letter informing us of the recall we had already put 4K miles on the Miramar. Not only are we now dead in the water from the Ford recall but dead in the water as far as getting the factory defects resolved. All items have been submitted to get corrected but very disappointed in how the customer is left to deal with the headaches of waiting and listening to excuses while not being able to fully enjoy our investment. I did not rate the warranty and support yet because I am waiting to see how the known issues are corrected.
- Disappointed Customer, Georgia

2021-06-08 2019 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

Junk, will never buy or recommend Thor to anyone . Could not get help from General RV or Thor for help after putting thousands of dollars in repairs ready to get rid of the junk. Was going to retire and travel this year but not looking good.Anyone want to buy 2019 Thor junk for 135,000.00 let me know.
- Rick Webster, Michigan

2021-06-06 2018 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.3 View Listings

We love the floor plan and the beautiful decor. We have had problems with the flooring. The glue that was used to install the linoleum is defective. It looks like there is water damage but there is not. We spent $5000 to try and improve the handling. White knuckle! The eng noise is terrible going down and uphill. There are other issues but these are the worst ones.
- Deborah Akins, Nevada

2020-06-05 2020 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 37.1 View Listings

I just bought a brand new Delano and found that neither the factory or the dealer checked to see if the refrigerator worked. Calling Thor has extremely long wait times, blaming on pandemic, while most companies are working customer service from home. Through 3 calls they have given zero help. Last person ask why he thinks they can help me. Almost felt he was laughing at me, very condescending. Now dealing direct with refrigerator company and they are a little better. All the talk of factory support is BS.
- James Spalding , Florida

2020-05-05 2020 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 37.1 View Listings

Super nice looking RV inside and out...but then you own it...slides are poorly installed (multiple warranty work orders to repair) and weakly designed (smallest Lippert motors available), plumbing not connected properly throughout and fake stainless bowls rusting throughout, hydraulic lines blown in the first 30 miles of ownership...then there is the Firefly Integrations panel...buggy is an understatement...turning things on whenever it pleases (middle of the night AC and Heat on, slides activating on their own, batteries dead...you name it) and (in this day and age) NOT user customizable...meaning...you want to swap out the RTU to heat pumps...can't do it without them "costly factory reprogramming" it...or you adding manual controls...no longer INTEGRATED. You want Fantastic Fans installed...can't do it without separate/non integrated controls or costly factory reprogramming...You want to add heat strips to the existing RTUs (a known RTU manufacturer option with the pigtails already on the coach)...you can't do it without costly factory reprogramming or non-integrated controls...You want to add or change anything in the coach...they have to reprogram it...no Plug-n-Play...not even "tech friendly User" modification capable...absurd and VERY behind the times...Never reads the correct levels in the holding tanks (full or empty one minute...later in the day...the opposite)...Never reads the correct battery voltage (usually a full volt under the actual)...really a flashy bling-bling light switch controller.
- Shipster, Maryland

2020-04-29 2017 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 34.2 View Listings

We have owned this coach for 3 years. We’ve had no issues. I am really happy with the outdoor kitchen! All the tv’s work great, my wife loves the king size bed & the fireplace. The cockpit bed lowers to an easy height and offers additional sleeping on a queen size bed. Stereo is great, cell phone connects nicely! I love the colors, grays, blacks, whites. You can move around just fine when the slide is in, and have a dance party when the slide is out! A Lot of storage! We’ve towed a 2 door Jeep, no issues, tracks really well.
- Steve Church, California

2019-10-22 2018 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

An amazing unit that I hate to part ways with. I was planning to live in it with my 65lb golden doodle and travel the country while working remotely (yeah, I have a job that makes that possible). With the slideouts extended, the unit is >500sf; as big as an efficiency apartment I lived in in the 90s. The amount of storage inside the unit is crazy and the under-storage handles an unreal amount. The unit drives like a dream and towed a car on a 17-day trip thru the Rockies without issue (I have a Demo Kar Kaddy 3). There really is nothing negative to say about the Mirimar. It will always be the first unit I owned and everything will be measured against it.
- Russell Cook, Illinois

2019-06-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

Love the full body paint look, the awesome floor plan and all the amenities. Bought new and had punch-list issues. Dealt with Thor customer service and engineers which are best in the business, in my opinion. Punch-list issues included wifi extender and slides. All fixed and have been rving since Feb. I believe the engineering thought and design on the miramar is top ranked by any coach. It's affordable and very functional. Owned class c prior. I (we) would buy the miramar again, but would make dealer fix all issues prior to leaving. May take a while, but even though Thor service/engineering/warranty is awesome, working with authorized repair places are not (as with any coach).
- Ron Smith , North Carolina

2019-05-31 2014 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 34.1 View Listings

We have enjoyed this RV to the extreme. It is very convenient to get ready in the mornings with two bathrooms. There is more than ample storage both inside and out along with large tanks for gray and black.The rear and side cameras make for easy driving and the large windshield makes the views unbelievable vs a Class C. It is very convenient as a woman not to have to ask my husband to pull over so that I can use the restroom, I just unbuckle and head back. It we are stuck in traffic and he wants a sandwich or chips I just head back and we keep on truckin. We added a fireplace to keep the chill off in the evenings rather than using the furnace and also added the tracking satellite which makes for a fun trip with the grandchildren. They can catch Disney on the couch and be quite content. Or you can sit back and watch HGTV. One of the best features is the dual sleep number bed we added. So you have all the features of home just on wheels and free to roam the country.
- Joy, Illinois

2019-04-07 2016 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 34.3 Bunkhouse View Listings

Over the last 5 years, we have owned 3 RV's. We purchased the 2016 Thor Miramar after our white knuckle trip to Key West. We make our trip to Key West in a 2016 Jayco Alante. The RV was difficult to keep on the road with the winds at about 15mph. From the minute we drove the 2016 Thor Miramar we were impressed with how easy it was to handle.
- Lenette Marie Ringe, Georgia

2019-02-22 2014 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 34.1 View Listings

Really BAD customer service,all RVS has factory defects and when you contact the factory they just don’t care about it.Mine as an example only has 7,000 miles on it slide out got stock out and a technician found out that the hole for the slide out was cut in a wrong angle.Called factory they won’t do anything.UNFORTUNATELLY PAYING IT OUT OF MY POCKET.Selling it after its fixed.I WILL NEVER BUY THOR PRODUCTS AGAIN.I OWE A FEW BUSINESS WHICH I KNOW LOT OF PEOPLE SO THEY ALL LOVE CAMPING.Well I guess now with my excellent experience none of them will buy THOR products.
- Guilherme Coelho, Massachusetts

2018-07-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.3 View Listings

Purchased April 2018. Numerous quality issues. Dealer very helpful to address. Slide issues initially, GPS Axxera is junk. Three trips it failed each time. Locks up in use and last trip scrambled video and unusable. Half bath has leak that has not been resolved and smell is bad. I always wanted a Thor coach and now wonder if I made a mistake. Some features very nice. Others? Bunk performance up and down is marginal. 12 volt dash problems unresolved totally. Door locks do not line up and are unresolved. Levelers on our last trip started to make a lot of noise and do not now automatically level the coach even on a level pad. Instruction manual is out of date. Water valve has four positions and not sure what they all mean. It does not work intuitively. Put it on "city fixture" assuming that would bypass the holding tank and charge the plumbing system. Instead my tank overflowed and no water to system. "Normal" what does that mean? it does nothing. I have had my coach for three months and it was in the shop for 2 weeks. Going back when we get home for extended stay. I am somewhat disappointed. Hoping for resolution of many items. The GPS is the most disappointing part of our coach. It is absolute junk. Warnings pop up in Chinese!! You have got to be kidding me. There has to be better product on the market. This is not an area to go cheap people!! Curious if anyone has problems with the Axxera AVM111NAVLH. Do not buy it and if your coach has one do not buy or request it be changed.
- Daniel DeGrado, Texas

2018-06-12 2017 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 37.1 Bunkhouse View Listings

We purchased our 2017 Thor Miramar on 5/3/2017 from Total RV located in Elkhart Indiana. We loved the layout of this Model and couldn't wait to start our camping trips. Our problems started before we got 50 feet from the dealer. Listed below are some of the problems we have experienced starting with the current problem: We are currently sitting in Lebanon, Ohio campground with a slide that only retracted part way. We are over 200 miles from home and have been waiting for over 72 hours for someone who can help. We called Total RV, the dealer where we purchased the motorhome and told them what the problem was and what we tried so far and their response: Well, it sounds like you tried everything and don't know what you expect us to do. We are currently waiting for permits to get it towed 76 miles to the closest service center that said they can look at it and try to help. While we wait, I will list some of the things we had to get fixed since we purchased: 1. Before getting 50 ft. from Total RV we had to pull back in because windshield was leaking. 2. While traveling home, indoor wood trim around one slide fell off; an outside compartment came open while driving on interstate because lock was broken; hex nuts holding headlight in fell off making the headlight wobble and almost fall out; found another leak from bathroom fan because they originally put vent cover on crooked and had to reposition vent and then didn't fill in whole they originally made and the driver side mirror was not attached properly and almost fell off. 3. Entry door lock wouldn't work. 4. Inside window handle fell off. 5. Half a dozen screws or staples under laminate flooring started to pop thru. 6. Overspray of paint from back ladder found on body of coach and they clear coated over it. 7. Tried to access cable TV from campgrounds that offered it and could not get it to work. We purchased different cables thinking we bought one with a bad connector but still didn't. After reading some reviews we found that the Seiko brand TVs used in our coach don't work well with cable. Very disappointed and we hope we get some kind of help from Thor.
- Rick Frey, Illinois

2018-06-11 2017 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 37.1 Bunkhouse View Listings

We purchased our 2017 Thor Miramar on 5/3/2017 from Total RV located in Elkhart Indiana. We loved the layout of this Model and couldn't wait to start our camping trips. Our problems started before we got 50 feet from the dealer. Listed below are some of the problems we have experienced starting with the current problem: We are currently sitting in Lebanon, Ohio campground with a slide that only retracted part way. We are over 200 miles from home and have been waiting for over 72 hours for someone who can help. We called Total RV, the dealer where we purchased the motorhome and told them what the problem was and what we tried so far and their response: Well, it sounds like you tried everything and don't know what you expect us to do. We are currently waiting for permits to get it towed 76 miles to the closest service center that said they can look at it and try to help. While we wait, I will list some of the things we had to get fixed since we purchased: 1. Before getting 50 ft. from dealer we had to pull back in because windshield was leaking. 2. While traveling home, indoor wood trim around one slide fell off; an outside compartment came open while driving on interstate because lock was broken; hex nuts holding headlight in fell off making the headlight wobble and almost fall out; found another leak from bathroom fan because they originally put vent cover on crooked and had to reposition vent and then didn't fill in whole they originally made and the driver side mirror was not attached properly and almost fell off. 3. Entry door lock wouldn't work. 4. Inside window handle fell off. 5. Half a dozen screws or staples under laminate flooring started to pop thru. 6. Overspray of paint from back ladder found on body of coach and they clear coated over it. 7. Tried to access cable TV from campgrounds that offered it and could not get it to work. We purchased different cables thinking we bought one with a bad connector but still didn't. After reading some reviews we found that the Seiko brand TVs used in our coach don't work well with cable. Very disappointed and we hope we get some kind of help from Thor.
- Rick Frey, Illinois

2018-05-20 2018 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 34 View Listings

Great motorhome for the money. Have not had to take it in for any warranty work yet. We tow our pick up truck. It has plenty of get up and go and is very quiet. The floor plan is wonderful for us all and the extra half bath is a life saver. The few things we have had a glitch with is the storage doors, harder to latch closed sometimes. We have a washer dryer that works wonderfully. No more hauling clothes. The Two separate holding tanks forward and aft for respective shower for one tank and washer on the other holding tank. Found a Y to connect both at the same time to drain. I would highly recommend at this time.
- Jimmy, Florida

2018-05-20 2018 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 34.2 View Listings

- Jimmy, Florida

2018-05-08 2017 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 34.1 View Listings

Unfortunately this has been a disappointing experience. Many many many quality issues from electrical, to poor workmanship, to no help from Thro what so ever. I purchased it Nov 15, 2017 and have used it for a total of 10 days. It has literally been in the shop nearly 6 months, while I continue to make payments. My recommendation, don't buy one.
- Ronald Bogard, Florida

2018-05-05 2017 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 34.2 View Listings

We purchased in a hurry and didn't notice how the outside kitchen (a feature we don't use) affected the bed height. My wife needs a stool to get in the bed. I also don't care for the fact that the driver's seat hits the slide while it's in so is not adjustable beyond that point. I believe it is built on too light a chassis, and therefore handles like a giant marshmallow. Unless I add a handling package at between $3500-$12,000, depending what I want.
- Greg Beck, California