Thor Motor Coach Hurricane RVs Reviews (47)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Hurricane RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Margie from Tennessee says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Hurricane RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34P View Listings

Thor Motor is a poor quality coach, and I agree with others who have have said they need better quality control. For the most part You don't know about a coach until you live in it. This coach has been in the shop more than we have used. We keep finding things wrong or things keep failing. Wiper blades, flush pipe leak, step and step motor, remote start for generator not wired correctly, defective cable wiring to TV and control box, inverter and xantrex control box not wired properly. Awning problems, front slide problems, bed that lowers at front of coach not working, front shades have to be replaced, drawer locks not installed properly, panel for front air conditioner had to be replaced. There were other minor issues my husband was able to correct but most of the issues needed to be fixed by a professional. The process is laborious; a properly "Thor certified technician" had to go through each issue and diagnose, then they had to get authorization from Thor, then parts could be ordered, then time had to be reserved--we are talking weeks and probably months. We do like the basic layout of this coach and liked many of the features this coach had that our 15 year-old coach did not have. We bought a new coach because we had decided to RV full time-- we used for one week and we have stayed with our son and family for the past month waiting for this coach to be fixed and we are still waiting. The only authorized company, that could work on this coach is three hours away! We would not recommend anyone buying a Thor coach. Do more research than we did. We expected some issues but not as many or the kind of issues we have experienced. Also, when we did our walk through of the coach, most everything was working-interesting!
- Margie, Tennessee

2019-10-09 2012 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

This is a good time Rv, room to spare none, privacy, kids love the BUNKS!!! The only issue with this Rv is not enough time. Always a hit at our musical festivals, tailgating, or that favorite park. Drives great, an Rv that's easy ! FRom the electric awning to the super slide area, custom colors inside and out. Graphics are a standout. Special tow bar and even a warranty to go with the unit, bunk over the cab (kids love). Now is the time to buy and enjoy! PLan that long trip, or fall in mountains. Outside dining and entertaining on the Tv,. This Rv always eye-catcher in the park. Feel free to email for more info or pictures! ----------------two 70-nine-nine 3 three 9 one 6
- John Hill, Kentucky

2019-09-27 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35M View Listings

Thor is our 3rd Class A RV. We are RVing last 15years. The 1st one was Winnebago Sightseer 27ft Gas, 2nd one was Holiday Rambler 40ft Diesel, now we own a Thor 35M 35ft Gas. All 3 of them have and had some type of problems! No matter who is the manufacturer there is No perfect RV. We have been lucky with our 3 different RVs. I love our Thor M35’s floor plan. There are many cabinets space, a bath and a half, full-size king bed, L shaped couch and drives well with surprisingly good gas mileage pulling a car behind 9-11 mph and much more. We have put over 13000 miles in one year! No major problems! So sorry to hear that people who had a bad experience with Thor RV like who bought a lemon product! Remember! Even you buy a $300.000 diesel pusher, you will have some problems! Enjoy RVing!
- Tsuyako Aoyama, Virginia

2019-09-10 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34F View Listings

Beautiful coach. It’s about 3 ft larger than what I need. But has everything else that anybody would ever need. I still may rethink the length situation. Price is excellent, Coach is brand new inside and out.
- Mike H, California

2019-09-05 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34F View Listings

Constant quality issues. Motor on slide did not work from beginning. It has been in the repair shop as much as we camp. When need parts, factory is slow at best. Has been in shop awaiting a part the entire summer. Going with tiffin and Understand they are worlds apart.
- Kim smith, Pennsylvania

2019-08-27 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34P View Listings

After owning this Hurricane for 11 months, we have accumulated over 160 days in the shop with 17 pages of work orders. I have been in contact with Thor and all they seem to say is we'll get it fixed. Each time we take it out, something else goes wrong. From rear camera not working, which is vital when towing, to delaminating of wall paper, to doors flying open, drawers flying open, ceiling vent burning out numerous times to Blue Ray not properly working and on and on. This is a 5,000 dollar motorhome being sold for 100,000.00. It is so bad Thor won't even buy their own product back. I will never pruchase another RV from Thor. I can get headaches and pain in the butt from my ex wife for free.
- John Baird, New Mexico

2019-07-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34F View Listings

Great traveling with a motorhome. Easy to set up at campsite with electric leveling system. Hauled a Honda CRV with ease and was easy to connect and disconnect. Leather captain chairs swivel around for comfort in watching RV. Table goes between chairs for holding drinks or snacks. 3TVs are a dream. outdoor TV is great for outdoor events and just relaxing. Outdoor kitchen is great for grilling and not having to keep going inside for stuff. King bed is very comortable with plenty of storage for clothes.
- Gale Dorr, New Mexico

2019-06-04 2012 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32A View Listings

We have had this RV for 5 years. We looked at over 100 coaches while shopping for a new RV. The moment I stepped in this one, I knew this was the one! I loved the size, color, floor plan and storage. The only thing I might have changed was another bathroom sink😉
- Marcia, Michigan

2019-05-15 2004 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 33SL View Listings

I purchased this RV used from a local dealership where it was traded in by the original owner. It was my first RV and I wanted to bring home something affordable to see if I liked RV'ing. In short, the Hurricane has been the ideal coach for my family and I, and we are now definitely an RV'ing family. The Hurricane has been rock solid and we've taken it on many short and a couple long trips. We recently did 12 nights around the southwest including Zion, Grand Canyon, and Joshua Tree. All the systems have worked flawlessly, and the coach is VERY comfortable. The bedroom is spacious and there are three very large windows, so it feels very open and you can take in the view from outside (which is why you're RV'ing in the first place!). There is a TON of storage, both inside and around the exterior of the coach. Plenty of room for all of your stuff. The kitchen is big and well layed out making cooking a treat. Definitely recommend the Hurricane!
- Adam G., California

2019-04-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34F View Listings

Easy to set up when you arrive at site. Automatic jacks are easy to use and make setting up a dream. King bed is very comfortable. Large bedroom has plenty of closet room to store clothes on long trips. Refrigerator has a ice maker when is wonderful in the hot summer. Works really well. Sleeps 6 which makes family trips fun. Out door kitchen makes cooking outside easy and free of running in and out of RV. Direct TV dish on roof makes finding channels a breeze.
- Gale Dorr, New Mexico

2019-02-19 2011 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 31G View Listings

Great coach for our family of 4. Bunk beds are the best. Drives like a champ and gets good mileage even with a toad behind. I love this coach and I am glad we have it. The product of Thor is great and they stand up to the test
- Adam, Wisconsin

2018-10-13 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34E View Listings

Bought it new. Few problems at first but all is well. We pull a 24' racecar trailer with no problem at all the Ford V10 has all the power. Now, the crap - the faux leather on the captain chairs and sofa is coming apart! Flaking all over the place. It is my understanding that Thor will not repair or replace. Very sad the overall motorhome is pretty good but this problem with the faux leather is making me think twice about my next motorhome! Return customer? NO!
- RV Shopper, Texas

2018-06-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

NIGHTMARE!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! We are experienced RV'ers wth 12 years of ownership of a Fleetwood Tioga. I wish I didn't get rid of my Fleetwood. We bought a 2017 Thor Hurricane 29M last July. In the 11 months of ownership, the coach has been in the shop for a cumulative of almost 4 months. We have put only about 2,500 miles on it. Our first punch list of items to be corrected had over 40 items. Thor's manufacturing has no process for quality assurance. There is no excuse for the amount of items wrong with our coach. Thor's factory workers are either lazy, don't care or are untrained. It is very unfair to the dealer to expect for them to "finish" the coach. Also, Thor doesn't pay the dealers fairly for the work they do. It is also horrible for Thor to expect the customer to spend so much time without access to the coach due to the time it has to spend at the dealer having repairs. The problems can be boiled down to poor connections, loose connections, crossed connections and general sloppiness. I would NOT buy another Thor coach. Unfortunately, I was told that my experience is not unusual. My Ford dealer told me that he'd never buy a new coach because it takes a year to work out the kinks. A $100,000 investment should NOT cause anxiety and distress like this has. I am extremely concerned about the fundamental quality and safety of my coach. In fact, It looks like they tried to make everything as cheaply as possible. I have no idea how it is going to last. Buying a new coach should be a joyful, happy experience. Once again, we are picking up the coach at the dealer. I pray it is finally right. Every time we have taken it out, we have had to return it to the dealer for more repairs. Many repairs have taken numerous attempts to fix. I am so terribly disappointed. On a positive note, the floor plan is great and the cabinets are beautiful and of good quality. I just wish the rest of the coach had been as nice as the cabinets and floor plan. Sincerely,
- Margaret Tracy, California

2018-05-11 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35C View Listings

This is a very livable floor plan that you can spend a lot of time in. It's also very easy to drive and tow a vehicle. I just love everything about this particular motorhome. Plenty of storage and lots of closet space. Having the second bath sure helps too. Huge dinette and all the necessary kitchen appliances including residential refrigerator with ice maker.
- DALE HARGROVE, Texas

2018-05-11 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35C View Listings

Very comfortable with a large booth and oversized table. The residential refrigerator and microwave makes meal preparation easy along with the three burner stove and oven. Two pantry areas provide plenty of space for food storage. There is a large shower and a bath and 1/2 with linen cabinets in both. The bedroom has two closets and a shoe cabinet along with multiple drawers and over the bed storage. This an excellent coach for short or long distance trips.
- Elizabeth Hargrove, Texas

2018-02-28 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34E View Listings

Plain and simple. DO NOT BUY THIS MOTORHOME. This company will not back there product. Beware. I have had many issues. It had a recall on the windshield wipers to tighten a lose nut. They tighten the nut but would not fix the damage that the lose nut caused.
- larry stevens, South Carolina

2017-12-11 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35C View Listings

We loved everything about this coach just wondered why it took us so long to purchase. The mattress in main bedroom was a little hard so we had an addition top make, sleeps wonderful now. One and a half bath a plus as is the TV on the outside and two heating and air conditioning units. Would never sell if my spouse had not died unexpectedly.
- Brenda Watson, Oklahoma

2017-11-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35M View Listings

We purchased this coach in July 2017. It has a crack in the roof seal and a separation of the front cap. Thor indicated this is a maintenance issue and not covered by warranty. Upon delivery, the following issues were present: the wood facia board was severely bowed and loose which caused it to rattle as we traveled down the road; the drawer under the dinette will not stay shut; the toilet paper holders were so close together a roll of toilet paper could not be installed; there were permanent red pen marks on the floor marking the locations of walls which cannot be removed; the ice maker did not work; I had to drill a hole in the compartment above the micro to attach the satellite receiver since there were no connections installed; the drawer under the step had a hole drilled in it, but no handle to open it; the connection to the backup camera was so loose it would not stay connected; and the levelers indicate level but the left rear is not level and the levelers sound like they are slowly retracting with movement. These are all items that come from the factory and should have been checked prior to being sent to the dealer. They do not check or clean the coaches before delivery. They are not knowledgable with how the coach works. I have been very disappointed with the purchase of this coach and would not recommend it.
- Gene McGary, California

2017-11-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

Everything that needs to be fixed is to long to list to make this short and sweet this RV is constructed very poorly with no considerations for the consumer. The only thing that we like about this this model is the layout and the super slide. We purchased this RV in August of this year, and so far just about everything that could go wrong has gone wrong from the belt on the generator rotting away to the water pump sounding like it coming thur the walls. We sold are home with the idea of RVing full time, but with the way this dream of ours is going this product has soured that badly ,our opinion is this is a very inferior produce.
- Michael Doyle sr, Florida

2017-07-25 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

We have owned the Hurricane one year. It handles well and rides fairly smoothly, comfortably. We did have a steering stabilizer installed when we purchased the unit. The engine powers up well and we are pleased with mountain climbing. The interior works fine for us. Negative...the two front seats are covered in a slick vynl and a configuration that makes you feel uncomfortable while riding. We are unable to adjust the ? in any way. We cannot drive for more than an hour without physicsl discomfort to legs and back, making it very uncomfortable on long trips. We needed to replace the seat. I called Thor Manufacturing and they offered no help, no option. We are searching for answers. The Thor Manufacturer needs to improve this situation or give a choice of seats.
- Malinda Ann Haney, California

2017-07-25 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

- Malinda Ann Haney, California

2017-05-18 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35C View Listings

We absolutely loved this Motor Coach, only two trips made before husband passed away unexpectedly. Excellent Condition, no accidents or damage Sad to sell, it was a couples adventure not a singles, it is a beautiful coach outside TV, we purchased outside grill, will be sold with coach,
- Brenda Watson, Oklahoma

2017-05-16 2013 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34E View Listings

We love the bath and a half. Until you have one you don't realize how awesome it is have it. very comfortable on a rainy when you really find out how important comfort is. we have all camped and when storms come in and you stay inside for a few days this is one RV you will appreciate. Drives very well even up into the mountains. Love that its gas as well. outside TV is nice when you don't want to go inside.
- Tommy, North Carolina

2017-05-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

We recently purchased our RV from Camping World in Springfield, MO. We really love it. It has features that our other motorhome didn't have. I am looking for seat covers for the drivers and passenger seats because the cats that we travel with like to scratch the seats. The reason I am writing is that the lock/handle piece on the door to the outside is very loose. Camping world sais that it is supposed to be that way. No motorhome I have ever had was that way. It just doesn't seem right. I think that they might have just told me that so that they wouldn't have to fix it. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? it would be greatly appreciated.
- Terry L Zarate, Arkansas

2017-04-25 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35C View Listings

Rig back in shop. it's been in shop more days than I have used it. Door step motor stripped gears and repair shop believes Thor won't warranty it. Am waiting to see if I have to pay $450+ to get my rig back on the road (until the next problems raises it head) I wish I had purchased almost any other brand of rv. Thor units look good but quality control is next to nothing. BEWARE OF THOR.
- Michael Luken, Texas