Thor Motor Coach Gemini RVs Reviews (10)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Gemini RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Nick Burns from New Jersey says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Gemini RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TB View Listings

"Horribly disappointed" I had searched the rv scene for a while looking on some pretty particular features. I knew I wanted a Diesel engine, a couch rather than a dinette and a slide out the side so I could put a dirt bike on the back of the rv. I found the 2017 Gemini TB and it fit the bill. It is a purchase that I deeply regret as I have been very disappointed. The overall construction is extremely cheap. Multiple cabinet doors and a tv have fallen off their mountings just from road vibration. The hot water heater works 1 out every 5 times I try to use it. The unit came to me damaged with a broken valence and a dented ladder. The dealership ordered the parts months ago and they still haven't arrived from Thor. The bed support is incredibly cheap and flimsy. Other dealers had told me that Thor was cheap construction and I thought that would mean it just wouldn't have some of the nice fixtures that a Winnie or higher end brand would have. I didn't realize it would mean that it would literally fall apart while driving. At 10,000 miles and 6 months the rig seems more ready for retirement than repair. Nick
- Nick Burns, New Jersey

2019-04-11 2017 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TB View Listings

We love the sizing and space. The fuel milage is good as well. Wish we had purchased the double side though. It parks almost anywhere. It road handles well. We have driven it to several states now couldn't be more pleased with its handling ability and interior design.
- Mitchell Crump, Texas

2019-02-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 24TS View Listings

This Thor Gemini 24TS Recreational Utility Vehicle (RUV) has been perfect for two of us and our dog. The unique floor plan maximizes space, and there is lots of storage inside and out. We had some warranty work done at Thor in Indiana last year and it is in top top shape.
- Cathryn Collins, New Mexico

2019-01-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 24TS View Listings

After looking at many many fifth wheels, crusader had the best floor plan for us. Especially where the recliners are located in front of the TV and fireplace. Bearings were repacked at approx 10,000 miles. Rv has less than 12,000 miles on it. It was used five months out of the year when we would stay in Arizona for the winter. Very few side trips. This unit is in excellent condition. The list of items is a partial list of everything that goes with the unit. Serious inquiries only please, no dealers!!
- Jack Trimble, Arizona

2018-08-25 2017 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TR View Listings

Purchased in August 2017. Use it to go to dog shows and agility trials. Ford transit diesel gets 14.5 mpg on average. I purchased this because I needed something reliable. I lack automotive/mechanical skills. I needed something that is easy to pack up and back up since I travel often by myself and w an old English sheepdog.I immediately determined that the hinge for cabinet doors was overkill. The door fell off after minimal use. Repaired using wood fill ( Home Depot). The closure for bathroom door dropped screws after several days of use. Repaired w a silicone glue that hardened and has held. So I did all the screws for the magnet that holds door closed. Silicone around shower basin since it had none. Repaired sliding drawer under bed with a new latch that I purchased off Amazon. Replaced all the slats under bed (IKEA). I had to cut off 1 in from the slats.Put a matress topper on top of the matress it came with. Replaced some gaskets around the storage compartments outside of coach. Lastly installed bump stops (Ford dealer installed but bought online). Overall I am very happy w my vehicle. After reading tips from other RVers on how to keep it cool in Fl. Sun and how to secure dog crate, I feel I have the right vehicle for 3 of us... hubby, dog and me. I love how easy it is to set up/ take down. Refrigerator,tv, micro, lights, water,ac, rear slide, awning ( love the auto retract feature if too windy, all work very well. No problems w window shades or sunroof. Love fuel economy. Slept on sofa. It’s short even w side bolsters out. 10,000 miles1.5 years old. Added window tinting to cab and purchased custom fit window reflecting shades. Gives me more interior room, easy to put up (suction cups) helps keep vehicle cool. Use both ceiling fans, battery operated fans to help AC. Dry camped for 4 days 85degrees. Also carries enough water in water storage tank. Store outdoors and use mothballs and furnace screens to keep out wasps. There needs to be insulation between generator and floor of vehicle. Too much heat comes off generator. Especially bad in summer if dry camping and using ac. Could use a door to open to let out some heat from that area. Bathroom is small unless you open door that closest off main living area from bedroom. Not well insulated from heat and cold but both heater and ac was good & we were very comfortable day and night. Convection/micro is good but placed too low. Sink & faucet in kitchen very nice.
- S’thrn BreeZ, Florida

2018-08-25 2017 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TR View Listings

Purchased in August 2017. Use it to go to dog shows and agility trials. Ford transit diesel gets 14.5 mpg on average. I purchased this because I needed something reliable. I lack automotive/mechanical skills. I needed something that is easy to pack up and back up since I travel often by myself and w an old English sheepdog. I immediately determined that the hinge for cabinet doors was overkill. The door fell off after minimal use. Repaired using wood fill ( Home Depot). The closure for bathroom door dropped screws after several days of use. Repaired w a silicone glue that hardened and has held. So I did all the screws for the magnet that holds door closed. Silicone around shower basin since it had none. Repaired sliding drawer under bed with a new latch that I purchased off Amazon. Replaced all the slats under bed (IKEA). I had to cut off 1 in from the slats.Put a matress topper on top of the matress it came with. Replaced some gaskets around the storage compartments outside of coach. Lastly installed bump stops (Ford dealer installed but bought online). Overall I am very happy w my vehicle. After reading tips from other RVers on how to keep it cool in Fl. Sun and how to secure dog crate, I feel I have the right vehicle for 3 of us... hubby, dog and me. I love how easy it is to set up/ take down. Refrigerator,tv, micro, lights, water,ac, rear slide, awning ( love the auto retract feature if too windy, all work very well. No problems w window shades or sunroof. Love fuel economy. Slept on sofa. It’s short even w side bolsters out. 10,000 miles1.5 years old. Added window tinting to cab and purchased custom fit window reflecting shades. Gives me more interior room, easy to put up (suction cups) helps keep vehicle cool. Use both ceiling fans, battery operated fans to help AC. Dry camped for 4 days 85degrees. Also carries enough water in water storage tank. Store outdoors and use mothballs and furnace screens to keep out wasps. There needs to be insulation between generator and floor of vehicle. Too much heat comes off generator. Especially bad in summer if dry camping and using ac. Could use a door to open to let out some heat from that area. Bathroom is small unless you open door that closest off main living area from bedroom. Not well insulated from heat and cold but both heater and ac was good & we were very comfortable day and night. Convection/micro is good but placed too low. Sink & faucet in kitchen very nice.
- S’thrn BreeZ, Florida

2018-08-25 2017 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TR View Listings

Purchased in August 2017. Use it to go to dog shows and agility trials. Ford transit diesel gets 14.5 mpg on average. I purchased this because I needed something reliable. I lack automotive/mechanical skills. I needed something that is easy to pack up and back up since I travel often by myself and w an old English sheepdog.I immediately determined that the hinge for cabinet doors was overkill. The door fell off after minimal use. Repaired using wood fill ( Home Depot). The closure for bathroom door dropped screws after several days of use. Repaired w a silicone glue that hardened and has held. So I did all the screws for the magnet that holds door closed. Silicone around shower basin since it had none. Repaired sliding drawer under bed with a new latch that I purchased off Amazon. Replaced all the slats under bed (IKEA). I had to cut off 1 in from the slats.Put a matress topper on top of the matress it came with. Replaced some gaskets around the storage compartments outside of coach. Lastly installed bump stops (Ford dealer installed but bought online). Overall I am very happy w my vehicle. After reading tips from other RVers on how to keep it cool in Fl. Sun and how to secure dog crate, I feel I have the right vehicle for 3 of us... hubby, dog and me. I love how easy it is to set up/ take down. Refrigerator,tv, micro, lights, water,ac, rear slide, awning ( love the auto retract feature if too windy, all work very well. No problems w window shades or sunroof. Love fuel economy. Slept on sofa. It's short even w side bolsters out. 10,000 miles1.5 years old. Added window tinting to cab and purchased custom fit window reflecting shades. Gives me more interior room, easy to put up (suction cups) helps keep vehicle cool. Use both ceiling fans, battery operated fans to help AC. Dry camped for 4 days 85degrees. Also carries enough water in water storage tank. Store outdoors and use mothballs and furnace screens to keep out wasps. There needs to be insulation between generator and floor of vehicle. Too much heat comes off generator. Especially bad in summer if dry camping and using ac. Could use a door to open to let out some heat from that area. Bathroom is small unless you open door that closest off main living area from bedroom. Not well insulated from heat and cold but both heater and ac was good & we were very comfortable day and night. Convection/micro is good but placed too low. Sink & faucet in kitchen very nice.
- S'thrn BreeZ, Florida

2017-09-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TR View Listings

Purchased new on August 9th 2017 from rv dealer 6 hours from home. 45 minutes on highway got message on dash "drive to clean". Stopped, called rv dealer. After 3 tries got live person who said that was normal. Go ahead and drive. Took 2 hours before message said cleaned. 1 hour from home message was back. Rv seemed low on power. Took to chassis dealer 3 days later. Spent 3 weeks in shop. Rv had more problems when we picked it up. Chassis has problems that are hard to diagnose. Coach is poor quality. Keep finding screws on the floor. Many hinges and hardware are loose because screws were stripped on installation. Wires hanging down everywhere underneath and inside. Door lock broken.laminate peeling everywhere. Bed is uncomfortable. When removed plastic from new mattress found mouse droppings all over it. Have had rv for 5 weeks now and still can't use due to repairs that are needed. Rv dealer has not helped nor offered any compensation. The original problem was a bad sensor on exhaust system. Dealer replaced egr valve, egr cooler, and turbo charger that did not have to replaced. Now we have a brand new engine that has had major disassembly and major components apart and replaced. Hardly a new rv anymore. Have not had a chance yet to test other components such as appliances etc... Would not buy a thor unit again. Very poor quality and assembly.
- Pauline harris, Vermont

2017-06-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TR View Listings

Extremely poor workmanship , first day cabinet door fell off. W Pacheco batteries would not turn in had to replace solinoid switch, bought in Sept 2016 used once in Oct water heater did'nt work spent winter at dealers Finally got it back in May 2017 used twice every thing finally works. Oops filed fresh water tank for first time it leaked, found out that a valve was open the location not mentioned in poor owners manual which covers Class A, C, and B+. In 3 months the factory warranty expires, I've put about 200miles on it I' afraid the trip I plan wine a disaster. Wish me luck. Would I buy another Thor product you guess.
- Len Smallwood, Minnesota

2017-05-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TK View Listings

Owned 3 weeks, drove 350+ miles. So far, insulation along refrigerator half off, one interior cabinet door fell off, cabinet doors made out of cheap particle board and will not hold screws, padded "molding" along door bowed and loose, rear view camera on mirror too small to see anything and is useless, fuse on lid has to be taped shut, generally sloppy workmanship. We had a Pleasureway for 12 years and 120,000 miles and in all that time had fewer problems than in 3weeks of Thor Geimini Driving is good because it is a Ford.
- Paula Cole, California