Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite RVs Reviews (37)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Bonnie R. from Washington says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

We bought this motorhome brand new off the lot from dealerin Burlington, WA. We are on our first trip and as soon as it rained, water poured from around the closed vent near the stove & soaked the floor around the seating area and ran down toward the cab. Finally stopped raining & all was well while it wasn’t raining. Came back into Wash with a downpour and water gushed in from under the seating area only. 5 large swim towels later & it is still coming out. Very disappointed in the quality. Thought Thor would be a good choice. Handles well & everything else is working but this horrible leak has us terrified & the horror stories about Thor warranty work isn’t helping.
- Bonnie R., Washington

2019-10-10 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

We love the rv but had lots of trouble with small details the converter caught on fire during the night left us high and dry,just behind the cab the plywood was rotted needs marine grade wood had dealer repair but caulking does not work rear storage all rotted at bottom this is the 2nd Thor I have purchased but I know that it is no use to go to the dealer for repairs I installed L frame around bottom of storage compartment and connected to good wood sewer hose hangers fell down which was screwed into rotten wood I installer proper hangers worried as to how long it will be before the floors are rotted out.Tie wraps hanging down wires under rv hanging which I repaired.I love this rv but the under side is poor and no sign of quality on the under side.
- kwaynemarsh@gmail.com, Tennessee

2019-09-25 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Seems everything Ford made or assembled is good. As for the Third part... a LOT is lacking. In my opinion the layout is very accommodating for my wife and myself. Probably would be fine with a few small kids too. Owned the RV for a few months now... Since purchasing I have had to replace the refrigerator controller, the television, the seal around the slide, one of the vent fan motors. I also had to fix the house battery holding tray. The hold downs were never installed and the batteries would slide backwards into the master circuit breaker effectively killing all power to the house. That was a real factory blunder!! Now I am trying to install solar and a controller onto the prewired roof connector. I contacted Thor to find out where the prewired was inside the coach and was told it is in the panel under the bed. I opened the panel and was very sad to discover the absolutely horrible hack wiring job in my rv. Thor literally delivered a fire hazard to me. My entire wiring inside that panel is nothing short of disgusting. I am unable to use my rv now until I fix that mess and make it safe for my family. Lastly, I stumbled onto this by mistake. I found the gasoline fuel line that feeds the generator literally loose and drooping down much lower than the chassis frame. All it would have taken to snag that line on road debris and pull it off, resulting in raw gasoline being spewed under my coach. No, it did not happen and I made sure that never will but it is another reference to the absolutely horrible quality Thor puts into building their coaches. It would seem to me that with just a few more minutes and a real quality control check, the result would pay significant dividend. Yes, I have contacted Thor customer service a few days back and gave yet to hear from anyone. I am not holding my breath that I ever will. I know it is of little consolation but I am pulling all Thor stickers off my rv. I will not advertise for them - they did not earn that in my mind.
- John Cee, California

2019-08-30 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I have had a terrible experience with this coach and it’s manufacturer. It had a tear in the outer skin upon purchase and was in the shop 3 months for repair. 5 months later it was found not to have been sealed properly by the builder and was full of Black Mold, I could no longer stay in it. That was found March 1st of this year. It is now Aug 30th, I still do not have my coach. I have owned this brand new coach for 13 months and not been able to use it for 8 of those months. So my experience is to tell you do not buy this Coach or any from this manufacturer. After all this time no one is Customer Service will take your call or call you back,or answer emails . This is the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.
- Mary Ellis, Missouri

2019-08-26 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

This is our first motor home. This is also our last Thor and and last purchase from Camping world! My biggest complaint is the extremely poor quality. Our first trip the sink and shower (from drain and door seal) both leaked, the dinette seat paneling fell off exposing some nice sharp screws to walk past and two of the outside compartments leaked. Called Camping world to schedule repair and couldn't get in for 6 weeks. The next trip another compartment leaked, the awning wouldn't close properly and the door strut would sporadically malfunction and keep the door closed. On the third trip we were fortunate and the only problems were a loose front bumper and the bunk bed frame broke because none of it was actually on the support......only the plastic molding was actually being supported. By this time our appointment to bring it in for repair had arrived. Dropped in off on a Tuesday morning and a week later they hadn't done anything with it. Still waiting for the techs to even evaluate everything so they can send the approval request to thor. Overall the floor plan is good and if we didn't have so many problems the livability would be much better. The quality is horrible though so I would not recommend this brand. Things break and I understand that but many of the problems we have should have been noticed if any sort of quality control were done. Also, the service from Camping world is ridiculously slow so unless you enjoying paying for things you can't use stay away from them too.
- Daniel, Virginia

2019-08-23 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I had owned and traveled full time in a Holiday Rambler, Class A, three slides, etc until my wife got sick and later died from pancreatic cancer. The RV sat in storage for 6 years. ---Long story--- I traded it on this Thor Freedom Elite 22fe I have had so many small and big problems with it and I have asked Camping world to take it back...but they are stalling. I had a voice mail from Thor two days ago so I called them and told about two occasions, while on my first and only trip that I contacted a Thor dealer for repairs under warrantee and both times they declined to do the repairs. (First in NC, second in CT) Today I returned the call to Thor and told "Tom" about the problems I had. His response is that Thor dealers are independent and can set their own policies. Then he said that I bought it, it is my problem and Camping Worlds problem. IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING A THOR = DON'T!!! ps the Ford V-10 ran and drove well.
- Edward L. Maturo Sr, Georgia

2019-08-08 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

Poor quality poor service, probably factory rejects in the motorhome!!!!! Bad AC Bad refrigerator bad overall a piece of crap to waste money on thru Camping World!!!!!!!!! Cheap materials, especially considering that this motorhome cost over $70,000!
- Melissa Hobbs, Texas

2019-07-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

We traded in a Roadtrek for this motor home. I hate it. How do you get into bed? The most uncomfortable thing in the motor home. We are in our seventies and you have to be a contortionist to get into or get out of this bed. Other than the bed everything else is fine. Is there anyway to scrap that bed and install something that you can actually use. I wish I had my Roadtrek back.
- Linda Abercrombie, South Carolina

2019-06-27 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

I love Love my Freedom Elite! I have 3 kids and with them and myself and Husband it is exactly enough room for all of us while were traveling the kids can watch TV or DVD and if they bring a friend we still are not crammed when the slides are out it has enough room to camp or travel in style and with room. If you can buy one used even better they are around 78000 by the time you add taxes and fees. If you find one with a Leveling System even better, buy used is best. All the factory hiccups have been dealt with by then and enough travel time that all are worked out. Keep warranty with Good Sams and you are good.
- Leigh Slocum, Alabama

2019-06-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite Sprinter View Listings

This Rv drives effortlessly. The Mercedes-Benz engine can handle any steep hills or mountains without effort. Gas mileage averages 14.1 miles per hour on the highway. This RV is great when maneuvering in small areas. The slideout gives the camper an open feeling which makes it easy to move about.
- teri barlow, Nevada

2019-05-27 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Purchased unit new from national dealer at local rv sales center. Poor overall quality. A/C runoff into living area. Shades/blinds string breaks (two windows, one happened twice). House battery does not hold a charge. Gauges for grey and black tanks never show actual. When empty, they show 3/4 full. LP gauge only shows 3/4 or less. Interior fit and finish haphazard. Back up camera view difficult to make out when backing in shadows. Replaced "queen" bed mattress for comfort reasons. Aexerra radio/cd/carplay unit difficult to adjust. TV in one of the bunk beds went out in first year. Drawers in kitchen under sink and under fridge do not stay closed. Service department at rv dealer has "fixed" the drawers twice and one still does not stay closed. Sliding door between bunk beds and queen bed came open during driving. When it came open, it came off the track. Was repaired three times. Finally service dept put retainer strap to hold it in closed position. Still not totally usable as now will not open all the way to block off the bed area. Owners manual is generic and most info does not apply to the unit. Service dept does not return calls. Had to get corporate involved for the dealer service dept to call me back. Good: Ford makes an excellent drive train.
- Thisuldo, South Carolina

2019-05-21 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

We bought this new from the dealer. The 1st day we returned it with a list of over 10 items. In the 1st year we had replaced under warranty: water pump, DVD player, microwave, stove (2), and the mattress (2).They repaired both the cab and the RV air conditioner. Screw heads broke off. After visiting the dealer several times, we had to travel to Elkhart to have the manufacturer fix more things. All the so-called beds are uncomfortable. The cab is noisy. The TV can't be used when it is raining since the sound is poor. No storage for silverware other than the oven. The shower goes to the black tank instead of the gray tank. Overall poor design and extremely poor quality.
- Cindy Belt, Florida

2019-05-08 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

Great family RV . On board generator is great to have. Having a electric awning is great Very easy unit to drive. This RV will sleep 4-6 people comfortably. Ready for some summer adventures? Hit the road with turn key RV and have some summer fun!
- ron, Arizona

2019-05-03 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

This motorhome is very easy to drive. Handles well on the highway and on country back roads. The freezer will even keep ice cream solid which wasn't recommended by the manufacturer. We were surprised. Beds are very comfortable and it is so enjoyable to sit outside under the awning. Bathroom and shower a good size even for large people like us. Plenty of storage space for clothes, kitchen supplies and food. Also has a hitch to attach to tow a vehicle.
- Linda, South Carolina

2019-04-29 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Let's start with the dining area. Most uncomfortable of 3 motorhomes I've owned. Headliner over driver coming down. TV is not a Smart TV, stereo is terrible very tinny sound, more like monotone, first backup camera didnt work, second visual is also terrible. Sealed section on the external are starting to swell. This is barely a year old. Driveability good, mpg 9.5-10 at 65mph. Pilot goes out continuously on water and fridge. Need to fidget with stove so it lights. Luann paneling inside Chips when serviced. Not happy at all.
- John F Hamilton, North Carolina

2019-04-16 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I purchased this 2018 Thor class c I'm very disappointed when I turn the air conditioner I get all kinds of sawdust all over my bed and thru out the cabin,and after a year it conrinues. I have to tape a garbage bag over the vent when I drive. also there is all kinds of drips from the sealant in the bathroom in the shower dripping down the Walls.the putty in the si k is peeling off. Also there are issues with the blinds, none of them are straight no matter what I do I can't get them to be even.the vents are uneven. The tv is poor and the VCR does not work right . The campers is very noisy .I am very disappointed that the workmanship of this camper is very shoddy for the price that I paid I would never buy this one again.
- Vicki McCaulley , Wisconsin

2019-03-08 2014 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23U View Listings

This is a great RV with less than Eleven (11) thousands miles. Six person can sleep. Full shower, Generator has less than 200 hours, can be started from inside. All accessories are new. It runs excellent, specially long distance.
- Mita, New York

2019-02-02 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

Bought this coach brand new. We have had one problem after another. First the outside tv would not work. Replaced by dealer. Next was draining coach battery. Was at dealer repair for almost 2 months. Finally they traced the problem. Back to dealer because the ball bearing fell out of two of the drawer tracks. The moulding in the bedroom above rear window fell off. Now have an appt at dealership because the overhead is separating from the cab on the drivers side. There is a two month waiting list to get it fixed. Mean while we cannot drive the coach as air comes in the gap. This coach is literally falling apart and is total garbage!! What a disappointment!
- pamela Goodman, California

2019-01-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

This is a very nice rv. We replaced the mattress. I don't like that the mirrors are not electric. It's a pain to change them for each driver. [Name] was very nice and did a great job. It rides and drives very well. We took it to the East coast, through the mountains, and it handled them very well. We pulled a car on a tow dolly, we did not have any problems with that.
- Carrie Magnusson, Missouri

2018-12-08 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

I will start with what is good about this RV. The layout is great. Also the price point to get into a Mercedes diesel was our real attraction to this product. Now the bad and there's a lot. First trip transmission stopped working because someone in the thor factory had sliced through a wiring harness during the conversion. Lost two days of our trip and had to pay for repair upfront then fight with Thor to get reimbursed. We did two months later. Now at the 8 month mark the roof is leaking and dealership says we need complete reseal $1500 and not under warranty. I have never owned anything with such poor workmanship and lack of coverage for defects. Will never buy this brand again and plan to sell this one as soon as repairs are made. Good luck to the new owners.
- Michlele L Shabany, Missouri

2018-11-25 2012 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26E View Listings

Best RV we have driven and camped in. Very easy to back-up in those back in sites. Get pulling a vehicle hardly know you are pulling. Having a full queen with separate toilet and shower is a great feature for smaller class C. If you are looking to travel USA & Canada you should really consider doing it with this style. You are going to love it and so will your better half. Happy Camping.
- Phil Mahannah, Quebec

Verified Owner

2018-10-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

I bought this RV from [Dealer], Georgetown Ky, new. When I got it home and let out the slides on a rainy day I noticed water coming in in the bedroom, the electrical outlets worked on the left side but not the right side, craftsmanship inside of the coach is really unsatisfactory, staples are exposed all over, large spaces in jointing wood work are so very visible, staples were used to pin stickers on the vinyl and when they removed the stickers left visible holes, shower retractable curtain falls apart with rods breaking and falling on the floor, some drawers do not have the locks on them and when driving come open, dinette booth is flimsy back keeps moving.
- Eugene Collett, Kentucky

2018-07-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 28H View Listings

The 28H is an excellent unit. Since we bought it it has out performed the last two motor homes we owned. It is spacious and works well for a family. Love the LED lights and electric awning. The storage capacity is amazing it has held everything we have needed for boating and all of our Atv equipment.
- Perry Martin , Colorado

2018-07-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 28FE View Listings

We are first time RV owners on our first trip the mud flaps fell off also the shower rod for the door also fell off. This year on our trip the hot water board went out while on the road since we had a deadline we could not wait for 2 days in Iowa for warranty approval so we had to pay for the repair out of pocket the board that the facility replaced it with was a used test board we were told that it should last for our trip duration but we should contact thor for areplacment. When I contacted thor and told them about the problem their answer was so what do you want us to do. I ask them to cover the warranty and replace the board they stated that they would not cover it.T his will be the last thor product I will ever buy next time I will shop other brands. My advice is to stay away from THOR if you want quality and good customer service.
- James Williamson, Wyoming

2018-07-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 28FE View Listings

Hot water board went out while on the road it is under warranty had to pay repair out of pocket thor refuses to make good on warranty. First one I ever had will not purchase another when ready to trade in.
- James Williamson, Wyoming