Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bonnie R. from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

We bought this motorhome brand new off the lot from dealerin Burlington, WA. We are on our first trip and as soon as it rained, water poured from around the closed vent near the stove & soaked the floor around the seating area and ran down toward the cab. Finally stopped raining & all was well while it wasn’t raining. Came back into Wash with a downpour and water gushed in from under the seating area only. 5 large swim towels later & it is still coming out. Very disappointed in the quality. Thought Thor would be a good choice. Handles well & everything else is working but this horrible leak has us terrified & the horror stories about Thor warranty work isn’t helping.
- Bonnie R., Washington

2021-10-06 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

We are moving and need the money right now, that's the only reason we're selling, we will miss it. We are non smokers so the inside is clear and clean. The Ford E-350 V10 is an awesome Engine and it has never failed us. It's just my Wife and I so the floor plan works extremely well for us. There's only 6010 miles on the RV so it is practically new. There are valve extenders on the double wheels in the rear and an upgraded radio and speakers. There are also speakers in the bedroom for those quiet afternoon naps. I know you'll be happy riding and living in our RV, it served us well. See you on the road.!!
- Nick Radan, North Carolina

2021-10-03 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

I bought the Aliner Scout 12 on February 19, 2021 and took it camping twice. In June I had a bubble on the side where it was delaminating, mold on the inside even though I used leveling blocks and the nozzle on the faucet fell off when I turned on the water. I texted pictures to where I bought it and they ordered new parts that were to arrive in two weeks. In two weeks they called for me to bring it in. I call often but this is October and still nothing has been done and I missed my trip to Yellowstone. :(
- Dawn Ward, Florida

2021-09-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

I enjoyed spending time on the Oregon coast, Olympic Peninsula, traveling across country and down US 101. We visited family and friends all the while cooking and entertaining from RV. It has been a wonderful experience. Unfortunately due to health I’m forced to sell.
- Robin, Washington

2021-09-02 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24HE View Listings

Craftsmanship doesn't even rate a star. Pieces and part started falling apart from the day we took possession. It spent a lot of time it Camping World for repairs which were not satisfactory. Now 3 summers later, the dinette table broke and collapsed while we were traveling. We'll never, ever buy another Thor product.
- Jennifer A Wiltrout, Nevada

2021-07-20 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE-2SL View Listings

I have nothing good to say about this camper. Every time I take it out on a trip something goes wrong. On the last trip odometer showed 10500 total. The AC went out and an engine light came on (O2 sensor misfire cylinder #9) R-taillight rusted out because water gets in them after factory install. This is only the last time I took it on a trip. Other trips I've had issues but this is the most expensive. Again only 10500 on the unit. I'm done with it.
- Daniel Thomas Ross, Georgia

2021-07-19 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

We bought a new 2020, and have had it just about one year. Overall I like the unit and the price. However, the defects were, as others have said, numerous: Battery with bad cell-reluctantly replaced Wrong-sized breaker on a major circuit (recall item) Leaking connections in hoses to fresh water tank Crimp in propane line to heater...stopped working soon after purchase, got fixed Charging circuit incorrectly wired so that engine alternator would not charge house batteries Electric awning motor connected with an SAE plug in a location difficult to access. Connector pulled loose and we had a struggle to get fingers on it to reconnect. Front end was not properly aligned...caster was not correct for an RV to handle properly, although this was presumably Ford's problem, and it was within or close to Ford's specs, which are too wide for a properly handling heavy, bulky RV. We also added trac bars front and rear and a heavy duty steering stabilizer, which make it a better driver. Overall we like the layout and features of the unit, and gradually are working out all the bugs. But, it's annoying to have to do that.
- John Minor, Oregon

2021-07-15 2022 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

Purchased new 2022 in July, 2021. Planning to live in it full time with three dogs for 6-12 months, maybe longer. Drove off the lot... drives nicely enough. It's boxier and gets 'kicked around' more than my old rig on the highway; passing semi's make the rig 'jerk' as they pass by, but not too badly. There's an amazing amount of room in the coach; I believe they added several inches to last year's design. Regardless, quite roomy, headroom too. Been so busy I haven't even tried the television; it's quite large and on a swivel bar in the over-cab area. Been so hot I haven't cooked either except a hot dog in the microwave. 110 degree weather in AZ; cab a/c great; coach a/c working well but probably only cooled to about 85 (as is expected in a RV a/c unit.) Coach can easily sleep five adults - and children you could certainly pack them in. Bds are comfortable. Within 24 hours I had a dash diagnostic "check fuel fill inlet." Gas cap didn't lock down. Ford dealer was no help; said the 21 E-350 didn't come with a gas cap - Camping World had modified the Ford design. Camping World no help; said they didn't sell gas caps and sent me to Napa Parts. Napa parts went above and beyond and found the Ford 2019 gas cap fit my rig. This didn't fix the diagnostic, though. Now check engine light is on - only 1,000 miles and 72 hours down the road. Very discouraging; $100K plus for a rig and already issues - both with the chassis and with the coach. The coach is literally shaking itself apart. Screws are unscrewing and I'm finding them on the floor. Bought some hardware tape to wrap them and hopefully that will fix the issue. Staples in the storage compartment are literally unstapling themselves. I plan to purchase screws to replace them and hopefully fix the issue. The wall-cover in the bathroom behind the toilet is separating from the wall. There's no caulking in the shower - water MUST be able to get behind there. The drawer below the oven has no magnet, no manual clip, no nothing... it just opens and closes while I drive. And the refrigerator door opens and closes as well if you try to store much on the door. The cabinets are no doubt great for weekenders with duffle bags; otherwise there's a lot of wasted storage space without shelving. I had to purchase tension bars for all the cupboards because everything was falling out when I opened the cupboard doors. The "lip" is insignificant and does very little good in keeping things on the shelves. Same in the refrigerator; I suggest double tension bars for every shelf in the coach. The table will not stay up; as I type it's sinking down, down, down. Honestly - I don't think it's put together properly. In looking at it, the "bar" which locks it in the up position isn't connected to anything - it's just strapped to the bottom of the table. The refrigerator is quite large for a 23' RV; the closet is quite small (smaller than my 1978 Toyota Dolphin 900 which I traded in.) Worst - my laptop is not charging even though plugged in and the generator is on (the generator is fairly noisy) I DEFinitely need to get this issue fixed - and I don't expect any help from Camping World because they don't seem to have any problem solving skills. If something isn't on their computer, well it must not exist. Disappointed that I've paid this much for a rig with so many issues. Hopefully the poor workmanship can be corrected by me, then I'll have a nice ride. I can't recommend Camping World, though. At this point, their customer service is negligible. The only helpful person was their sales person, and he went above and beyond in customer service - He even moved all my heavy boxes and my tow package off my old rig and onto the new one (something he was never expected to do.) It's also a shame Ford wasn't more helpful; if a Napa employee can find me a gas cap, why couldn't their service department. Being full time in the rig and with three dogs, I'm NOT going to be able to just leave my ride with someone while they "figure out" what MIGHT be wrong with it. Wish me luck; my fingers are crossed that all my issues can be simple fixes and that I haven't purchased a lemon from Camping World.
- Jen Horton, Oregon

2021-07-06 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

We bought this new the end of March, 2021 and started an across country trip May 1. Third day out we had a rainstorm and water ran down the inside wall of long slide out, dripping out an light fixture and light switch over the sink. This happened twice more in rain, so unable to put slide out if raining. Other slide out failed to work on 4 th day of trip. Fresh water tank leaked so bad water came out from under bed. Wires with shorts, and fraying, tail pipe fell off on the highway, toilet broke, bolts coming up from floor under the linoleum, 2 open safety recalls, slides still not working, stabilizing jack collapsed. Thor warranty department refused to book us in and repair major issues despite our driving 500 miles out of our way to get essential repairs done. Needless to say our 2 month trip was ruined and we have a POS on our hands. Now it’s in the hands of the warranty lawyer under the Magnuson-Ross Warranty Act. Will never own another Thor product.
- Nancy Benda, Arizona

2021-07-03 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

The floor plan and drive ability are fantastic, but that's where it ends!!! One problem after another. Water accumulates on floor, in bedroom, and nobody can figure out where it comes from. 1st trip out and sink totally backed up. 1 month to take care of warranty issue of improperly installed venting. Slides are ruining the flooring. Scratches everywhere. Outdoor compartments look like a lake, after it rains. Everything is soaked Not great for storing outdoor rugs, for sure. Latest issue..... plumbing in kitchen/living slide is all wrong! What a joy to have a waterfall running all the way through living area because hoses become disconnected when you put slides in and out! We bought our rig at Camping world and they have no idea how to fix anything. We had a Jayco for 5 years without a single problem, and now endless problems with the Thor in 10 months. Every trip is definitely an adventure just waiting for what else will go wrong. I guess you get what you pay for and I suggest popping extra $$ and do NOT buy a Thor Freedom Elite.
- Melody, South Carolina

2021-06-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

TO FOREWARN ANY POTENTIAL BUYERS OF THOR MOTOR COACHES! We bought ours new in 2018 ($60,000). We began investigating water on the floor. Last week we noticed the flooring was buckling. We started pulling up the flooring to see why. There was mold !! And the floor totally rotted in areas! (this is all happening 5 days before heading on a trip!) We discovered the factory never put a wheel well in on the driver side back tires! Apparently since we've owned it, water had been getting in between the plywood and flooring! We spoke with Thor, they stated, they were suppose to put that in, but there's nothing they will do for us now because it's been 3 years, so our warranty is out. I understand the warranty, but when this was their doing, they should stand behind it. We were told we had to go to a dealership and buy our own wheel well. At this point it's cost us over $500 in material to make some repairs and I'm sure that's not the end of it. I think the very least they should be doing is sending us a wheel well - FREE OF CHARGE. I will think twice before ever purchasing another Thor.
- D Luscomb, Massachusetts

2021-06-11 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I have had this RV since new, drive to to charge batteries, has never been camped in, 2700 miles (yes 2700). All is new, never used at all. Drives great, right size for a couple and retired folks. Have extras to go with it also .
- Edward Morley, North Carolina

2021-06-03 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

Worst built and the worst craftsmanship I have ever seen in an RV. The only good thing about this unit is that it has a ford engine and chassis. Rear wall is out of square that makes it look like it had been hit in the rear, the inside has several things that were just thrown together and shoddy built. Don’t know how Camping world even sell this crap.
- Ed and Judy Stokes, Tennessee

2021-05-27 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

I purchased this unit brand new from Camping World in Golden CO. Driving it home, water and winterizer started running all down the floor. Camping World salesperson said no way. Next morning took it in and it was not winterized properly from Thor and the water heater was broken from freezing. When they finally got it back to me, it sat parked for a week due to it snowing here. I opened it up, opened the front slide and it stopped working. Camping World was no help, Thor was no help, Good Sam was no help. Finally got it back in 1/2 inch at a time. Now camping world and Thor don’t know how to fix it and will have to replace the entire mechanic of the slide. Parts are 3 weeks back ordered and it a full 8hr job if all goes well. This means the brand new $100,000 unit will be about 3 months mine before I ever get to use it. Thor offers no compensation for the lost time, pushes the issue to the dealer, who says gee sorry... but once you drive it off the lot it’s your problem. I will never buy a Thor unit ever again
- Karen Dunning, Colorado

2021-04-09 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I have camped for 45 years from tent to motor home. This model is very good for camping. Gglampers need a bigger rig with a fire place. Heated recliner and the works. Ford F-350 is very powerful v10 and handles well. Bed is comfortable. Dinette is good and bath is big for size of vehicle. Good luck campers !!!!!😀😀
- Chris, New Jersey

2021-04-04 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Overall quality is poor. I've had issues with the slides, cabinets and radio. For the price range the chassis is on the low end as well only has one lighter adapter and lacks power mirrors. It does Drive good has good power and tows good as well. I would not recommend this unit do anybody for the price range. I have contacted the factory Representatives on a couple of occasions they are super professional and helpful. But still would not recommend this unit.
- JD, Arizona

2021-03-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I've written on here before - recalls, no parts to fix ESC etc BUT the main issue? being told it was a new 2019 - the actual engine is 2017 We would've never purchased it...two years depreciation driving away in our newRV! Very hard lesson - no where was 2017 written on paperwork - we felt cheated and totally violated And still can't drive it due to no part to fix it Purchased Camping World Redding CA - They are not a worthy seller as the truth escapes them
- Ruth Kurpinsky, California

2021-03-14 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

Purchased in 2019 80,000$ First recall and now second recall re : ESP rear brakes Can crash AND no parts available to fix it. Covid happened so low mileage We were leaving next week for extended trip Obviously not going RV can not be fixed... Applying for Lemon Law
- Ruth Kurpinsky, California

2021-03-13 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I researched options for 2 years. Rented RV’s, looked at options ranging from pop ups, van conversions, class A’s large and small, and class C’s. In 2019 at the Denver RV show we found a deal on a new Class C, 24’ that fit our needs (and budget). I’m glad I didn’t pass it up. We have no interest in living full time in any RV, regardless of size, full time. I got my RV to explore / camp, be comfortable, off the ground dry, warm or cool, and to have some comforts of home while “camping”. We’ve had the RV for 2 years and haven’t had any problems. The Ford E350 with the Triton V10 is awesome. We live in the Rocky Mountain area so we drive in the mountains often. For the 2 of us and 2 dogs (large) it has worked out perfect for what we bought it for - to have fun.
- T Hanson, Colorado

2021-03-11 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 28H View Listings

This motor home is in perfect like new condition. It only has 8,600 miles. It is very easy to drive. I am a 73 year old small lady and I drive, park and set it up. I lost my husband 3 years ago and just don't enjoy camping alone.
- Ruthie Carson, Arkansas

2021-02-20 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Bought new had leaks from roof repaired under warranty by camping world THREE (3) TIMES before getting it right. Then took on trip an sure enough another leak around dinette area and front drivers seat. Camping world could not determine problem. I finally found the leak myself by using a water hose and spraying the RV in 6 foot sections until I found the leak. THE HOT WATER HEATER was never caulked in place and water was running down the side and into the RV under the dinette area. Finally. got it repaired by Camping World after I found the problem and showed the maintenance people luckily it was still under warranty. A year after purchase the third light with backup camera burned out and had to be replaced and now it was out of warranty!!!!! Howevewr, it runs great! and NOW it is as it should have been when it came from the MFGR.
- lbear, New York

2021-01-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

For an entry level RV this unit does very well. Handling down the road is car like and it pulls a trailer loaded with a Gator with ease.Fuel economy with the Mercedes diesel is in the 13/14 mpg and will run all day on interstate. The well planned out interior is very livable and I'd recommend it to the couple or small family looking to get away.
- Richard Wheat, Virginia

2021-01-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I had decided to purchase this RV because it has All my bells and whistles. It's So cute! Found a used one at a great price, but after reading all the comments, am petrified to purchase! I can imagine getting stuck somewhere, a senior citizen, and not knowing what, or how to repair anything! First, I feel I will need to find a reliable repair service before purchase! The 22FE is the RV of my dreams, just the right size for me- 24ft, I can't let these comments deter me! Thor and Camping World, u have a beautiful product. Please Honor your warranties and TEACH the service people what they need to know! I am a potential buyer, I Really love this RV! STEP UP, so I can purchase, PLEASE.
- saharajj23, Tennessee

2021-01-11 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 32FE View Listings

This is the perfect RV for families! This perfect, like new RV has everything you need. Bunk bed that turns into a dinette, Oven, 5tvs (outdoor tv too), outdoor shower, tons of storage and a wifi extender and wifi booster included. This RV will also come with all of our accessories included as we don't need them!
- kyrahennessey, California

2021-01-04 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Handles like a SUV on the highway. Low end torque is better than the big Ford engines on our previous motor homes. And it comes with GPS and n incredible stereo system. Gas economy is 2 1/2 times better than my gas motor home! The induction cooktop and LED lighting make dry camping possible because it does not tax the batteries like older motor homes.
- Joanne Powell, Arizona