Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite RVs Reviews (45)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Bonnie R. from Washington says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

We bought this motorhome brand new off the lot from dealerin Burlington, WA. We are on our first trip and as soon as it rained, water poured from around the closed vent near the stove & soaked the floor around the seating area and ran down toward the cab. Finally stopped raining & all was well while it wasn’t raining. Came back into Wash with a downpour and water gushed in from under the seating area only. 5 large swim towels later & it is still coming out. Very disappointed in the quality. Thought Thor would be a good choice. Handles well & everything else is working but this horrible leak has us terrified & the horror stories about Thor warranty work isn’t helping.
- Bonnie R., Washington

2019-12-08 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

It would be ok if the manufacturer wouldn't skimp on interior trim. Had to take it in to get the draw rails in the bedroom draws reattached. They did a crap job. Ended up repairing them myself. Come on Thor. One small screw on rail brackets won't do it. Do not like cheap paper trim on cheap particle board. Battery cage is open and not protected from road debris. Lost both batteries from rocks. This caused the 12 power converter to burn out. Couldn't operate the slide outs or use interior lights. Fortunately, still had 110 volt. It's just made cheap. Total cost for the batteries and converter, 735.00. Not a happy camper...
- Dave, Virginia

2019-12-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Ordered parts for our RV. I had to go through a Dealer so I chose Total Value RV out of Elkhart, IN. I received the total of around $1695.39 plus shipping cost so I agree (thinking $200 max) When I received alert for my credit card was charged $2533.26. So that is $837.87 shipping.... Really, Im so disappointed in this company Thor. So to others out there.... Beware, Very dishonest company. They can make money off product. I dont think they need to gouge consumer
- Brent VL, Ohio

2019-11-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22HE View Listings

We did not have time to fully enjoy this RV. Used 3 times and enjoyed the size after downsizing when kids had moved on. Wife got ill and don't think we will have much future use of it. Sorry to let it go. Ford engine has lots of power. Comfortable to drive and easy to park and set up. Roomy bath and shower. No pull out. Queen bed, large convertible table to bed. Bunk bed over cab. Can sleep 6. Set up for wifi and satellite TV. Blue ray recorder. Electric patio awning with LED lighting.
- KEN CORNER, Louisiana

2019-11-23 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

We purchased this motor home new in 2017. This is our second Thor product. The first one was a 2015. I should have known better. While there were issues with the first one, I actually had more issues with the dealership and their service than I did with that RV. So the 2017 We bought new from a different dealership. Worse service and the quality of the 2017 26HE is horrid. Particle board furniture that falls apart the minute it gets wet, workmanship of either crack heads or 4 year olds, and seals that are defective. It almost burned up the first year because of a defective relay switch under the dinette! I have mold all throughout the over cab bunk because the manufacturer failed to effectively seal the cab roof seal to the overhead bunk. the mold and water damage is not covered by the extended warranty, which covers nothing that can actually go wrong with the coach. Don't buy the extended warranty! The only solid part of the whole RV is the Ford E450 Chassis. I have 15,000 miles on it.
- Kevin Walz, Wisconsin

2019-11-22 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22HEC View Listings

It drives great and I like that there is less noise and rumble in the back area without any slides but its nice and roomy. It shifts nice too. I don't tow with it. Mine has the Chevy engine not the Ford Engine. I wish the seats were leather so more washable since I spill a lot of coffee on my trips. I like all the USB charge ports in each room - very helpful with all our phones. I like that the radio has a remote for the people in the back to control with speaker controls. Bigger than expected TV. The tv hangs a little low so you'll need to adjust that in the back of it if you need to put sheets on in the bunk area. Glad the frig is still electric or propane with locking clips - some other new units its just electric now with no locking clips. Lighting is really nice inside - better than expected and speakers are in good locations in the sitting area out of the way. I like the new adjustable height table - never had that before - its easy to adjust too - no pinching clips. A lot of built ins that I didn't expect like a place for remotes too. What would I have added - would have been nice to test out solar panels free since its wired for it. What is annoying - the weird door on the sewer pipe - maybe its to protect from the elements. I like that everything is higher on the unit so pulling into angled driveways is nice. Also, I wish the all the switches at the front door had labels - I keep opening the awning instead of turning on the lights - I may swap out that switch for a different color so I can tell the difference. Factory support - reported issues with the backsplash in the bathroom - schedule that to get done after my vacation.
- Mary DeVlugt, Texas

2019-11-02 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Easier to drive than most and parks in a regular pull thru space. Nice to have bed made and ready when you pull up to camp. Large refrigerator/freezer, real metal double sink (most RVs now have just a round plastic sink and we wonder how they plan to wash dishes in it as it is so small.) Great to have 3 burner stove, oven and generator. The bath is a nice size even for tall people. Easy care vinyl floor so very easy to keep clean. Driver/passenger seats are comfy with lots of storage, cup holders, visors, etc. Very livable and great power. So glad we didn't get one of the long RVs that make it difficult to go anywhere in them. This one is easy to disconnect water, sewer and electric to sight see.
- Marie Day, Virginia

2019-10-29 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

Was lied to right from the start about every thing. Encouraged me to buy worthless extras worth additional 9 thousand dollars. Lied about the ford warrantied. Every thing you go to Dealer to be fixed they send you to Ford and vise versa. Neither will warrant the work nor fix it. This is the worse investment in fun you will ever buy. Time share may be worth more. Can't sell it as no body would ever buy it. Real piece of crap. Our 's is financed for 12 years but will be long junked in about 3 years. Think twice before wasting your money. Feel free to call me if you have any questions.352-495-3465
- kippersnack01, Florida

2019-10-27 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

BEWARE! Very poor quality product!! This unit has been in the shop more than we have had it!! Imagine making payments on something you can’t use!! Only 5 months old and we have had nothing but trouble starting day one! Roof leak, toilet leak, microwave falling out, trim peeling off while driving down the road, decals bubbling, battery died. Saddest part Thor (the manufacturer) could care less! Customer service is non-existent except for the fake sympathy they use to get rid of you. Biggest mistake we have ever made purchasing a product. Not only defective, but we were concerned about our safety!! Do yourself a favor and do not waste your hard-earned money!!
- R Turley, Alabama

2019-10-10 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

We love the rv but had lots of trouble with small details the converter caught on fire during the night left us high and dry,just behind the cab the plywood was rotted needs marine grade wood had dealer repair but caulking does not work rear storage all rotted at bottom this is the 2nd Thor I have purchased but I know that it is no use to go to the dealer for repairs I installed L frame around bottom of storage compartment and connected to good wood sewer hose hangers fell down which was screwed into rotten wood I installer proper hangers worried as to how long it will be before the floors are rotted out.Tie wraps hanging down wires under rv hanging which I repaired.I love this rv but the under side is poor and no sign of quality on the under side.
- Wayne Marsh, Tennessee

2019-09-25 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Seems everything Ford made or assembled is good. As for the Third part... a LOT is lacking. In my opinion the layout is very accommodating for my wife and myself. Probably would be fine with a few small kids too. Owned the RV for a few months now... Since purchasing I have had to replace the refrigerator controller, the television, the seal around the slide, one of the vent fan motors. I also had to fix the house battery holding tray. The hold downs were never installed and the batteries would slide backwards into the master circuit breaker effectively killing all power to the house. That was a real factory blunder!! Now I am trying to install solar and a controller onto the prewired roof connector. I contacted Thor to find out where the prewired was inside the coach and was told it is in the panel under the bed. I opened the panel and was very sad to discover the absolutely horrible hack wiring job in my rv. Thor literally delivered a fire hazard to me. My entire wiring inside that panel is nothing short of disgusting. I am unable to use my rv now until I fix that mess and make it safe for my family. Lastly, I stumbled onto this by mistake. I found the gasoline fuel line that feeds the generator literally loose and drooping down much lower than the chassis frame. All it would have taken to snag that line on road debris and pull it off, resulting in raw gasoline being spewed under my coach. No, it did not happen and I made sure that never will but it is another reference to the absolutely horrible quality Thor puts into building their coaches. It would seem to me that with just a few more minutes and a real quality control check, the result would pay significant dividend. Yes, I have contacted Thor customer service a few days back and gave yet to hear from anyone. I am not holding my breath that I ever will. I know it is of little consolation but I am pulling all Thor stickers off my rv. I will not advertise for them - they did not earn that in my mind.
- John Cee, California

2019-08-30 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I have had a terrible experience with this coach and it’s manufacturer. It had a tear in the outer skin upon purchase and was in the shop 3 months for repair. 5 months later it was found not to have been sealed properly by the builder and was full of Black Mold, I could no longer stay in it. That was found March 1st of this year. It is now Aug 30th, I still do not have my coach. I have owned this brand new coach for 13 months and not been able to use it for 8 of those months. So my experience is to tell you do not buy this Coach or any from this manufacturer. After all this time no one is Customer Service will take your call or call you back,or answer emails . This is the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.
- Mary Ellis, Missouri

2019-08-26 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

This is our first motor home. This is also our last Thor and and last purchase from Camping world! My biggest complaint is the extremely poor quality. Our first trip the sink and shower (from drain and door seal) both leaked, the dinette seat paneling fell off exposing some nice sharp screws to walk past and two of the outside compartments leaked. Called Camping world to schedule repair and couldn't get in for 6 weeks. The next trip another compartment leaked, the awning wouldn't close properly and the door strut would sporadically malfunction and keep the door closed. On the third trip we were fortunate and the only problems were a loose front bumper and the bunk bed frame broke because none of it was actually on the support......only the plastic molding was actually being supported. By this time our appointment to bring it in for repair had arrived. Dropped in off on a Tuesday morning and a week later they hadn't done anything with it. Still waiting for the techs to even evaluate everything so they can send the approval request to thor. Overall the floor plan is good and if we didn't have so many problems the livability would be much better. The quality is horrible though so I would not recommend this brand. Things break and I understand that but many of the problems we have should have been noticed if any sort of quality control were done. Also, the service from Camping world is ridiculously slow so unless you enjoying paying for things you can't use stay away from them too.
- Daniel, Virginia

2019-08-23 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I had owned and traveled full time in a Holiday Rambler, Class A, three slides, etc until my wife got sick and later died from pancreatic cancer. The RV sat in storage for 6 years. ---Long story--- I traded it on this Thor Freedom Elite 22fe I have had so many small and big problems with it and I have asked Camping world to take it back...but they are stalling. I had a voice mail from Thor two days ago so I called them and told about two occasions, while on my first and only trip that I contacted a Thor dealer for repairs under warrantee and both times they declined to do the repairs. (First in NC, second in CT) Today I returned the call to Thor and told "Tom" about the problems I had. His response is that Thor dealers are independent and can set their own policies. Then he said that I bought it, it is my problem and Camping Worlds problem. IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING A THOR = DON'T!!! ps the Ford V-10 ran and drove well.
- Edward L. Maturo Sr, Georgia

2019-08-08 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

Poor quality poor service, probably factory rejects in the motorhome!!!!! Bad AC Bad refrigerator bad overall a piece of crap to waste money on thru Camping World!!!!!!!!! Cheap materials, especially considering that this motorhome cost over $70,000!
- Melissa Hobbs, Texas

2019-07-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

We traded in a Roadtrek for this motor home. I hate it. How do you get into bed? The most uncomfortable thing in the motor home. We are in our seventies and you have to be a contortionist to get into or get out of this bed. Other than the bed everything else is fine. Is there anyway to scrap that bed and install something that you can actually use. I wish I had my Roadtrek back.
- Linda Abercrombie, South Carolina

2019-06-27 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

I love Love my Freedom Elite! I have 3 kids and with them and myself and Husband it is exactly enough room for all of us while were traveling the kids can watch TV or DVD and if they bring a friend we still are not crammed when the slides are out it has enough room to camp or travel in style and with room. If you can buy one used even better they are around 78000 by the time you add taxes and fees. If you find one with a Leveling System even better, buy used is best. All the factory hiccups have been dealt with by then and enough travel time that all are worked out. Keep warranty with Good Sams and you are good.
- Leigh Slocum, Alabama

2019-06-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite Sprinter View Listings

This Rv drives effortlessly. The Mercedes-Benz engine can handle any steep hills or mountains without effort. Gas mileage averages 14.1 miles per hour on the highway. This RV is great when maneuvering in small areas. The slideout gives the camper an open feeling which makes it easy to move about.
- teri barlow, Nevada

2019-05-27 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Purchased unit new from national dealer at local rv sales center. Poor overall quality. A/C runoff into living area. Shades/blinds string breaks (two windows, one happened twice). House battery does not hold a charge. Gauges for grey and black tanks never show actual. When empty, they show 3/4 full. LP gauge only shows 3/4 or less. Interior fit and finish haphazard. Back up camera view difficult to make out when backing in shadows. Replaced "queen" bed mattress for comfort reasons. Aexerra radio/cd/carplay unit difficult to adjust. TV in one of the bunk beds went out in first year. Drawers in kitchen under sink and under fridge do not stay closed. Service department at rv dealer has "fixed" the drawers twice and one still does not stay closed. Sliding door between bunk beds and queen bed came open during driving. When it came open, it came off the track. Was repaired three times. Finally service dept put retainer strap to hold it in closed position. Still not totally usable as now will not open all the way to block off the bed area. Owners manual is generic and most info does not apply to the unit. Service dept does not return calls. Had to get corporate involved for the dealer service dept to call me back. Good: Ford makes an excellent drive train.
- Thisuldo, South Carolina

2019-05-21 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

We bought this new from the dealer. The 1st day we returned it with a list of over 10 items. In the 1st year we had replaced under warranty: water pump, DVD player, microwave, stove (2), and the mattress (2).They repaired both the cab and the RV air conditioner. Screw heads broke off. After visiting the dealer several times, we had to travel to Elkhart to have the manufacturer fix more things. All the so-called beds are uncomfortable. The cab is noisy. The TV can't be used when it is raining since the sound is poor. No storage for silverware other than the oven. The shower goes to the black tank instead of the gray tank. Overall poor design and extremely poor quality.
- Cindy Belt, Florida

2019-05-08 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

Great family RV . On board generator is great to have. Having a electric awning is great Very easy unit to drive. This RV will sleep 4-6 people comfortably. Ready for some summer adventures? Hit the road with turn key RV and have some summer fun!
- ron, Arizona

2019-05-03 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

This motorhome is very easy to drive. Handles well on the highway and on country back roads. The freezer will even keep ice cream solid which wasn't recommended by the manufacturer. We were surprised. Beds are very comfortable and it is so enjoyable to sit outside under the awning. Bathroom and shower a good size even for large people like us. Plenty of storage space for clothes, kitchen supplies and food. Also has a hitch to attach to tow a vehicle.
- Linda, South Carolina

2019-04-29 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Let's start with the dining area. Most uncomfortable of 3 motorhomes I've owned. Headliner over driver coming down. TV is not a Smart TV, stereo is terrible very tinny sound, more like monotone, first backup camera didnt work, second visual is also terrible. Sealed section on the external are starting to swell. This is barely a year old. Driveability good, mpg 9.5-10 at 65mph. Pilot goes out continuously on water and fridge. Need to fidget with stove so it lights. Luann paneling inside Chips when serviced. Not happy at all.
- John F Hamilton, North Carolina

2019-04-16 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I purchased this 2018 Thor class c I'm very disappointed when I turn the air conditioner I get all kinds of sawdust all over my bed and thru out the cabin,and after a year it conrinues. I have to tape a garbage bag over the vent when I drive. also there is all kinds of drips from the sealant in the bathroom in the shower dripping down the Walls.the putty in the si k is peeling off. Also there are issues with the blinds, none of them are straight no matter what I do I can't get them to be even.the vents are uneven. The tv is poor and the VCR does not work right . The campers is very noisy .I am very disappointed that the workmanship of this camper is very shoddy for the price that I paid I would never buy this one again.
- Vicki McCaulley , Wisconsin

2019-03-08 2014 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23U View Listings

This is a great RV with less than Eleven (11) thousands miles. Six person can sleep. Full shower, Generator has less than 200 hours, can be started from inside. All accessories are new. It runs excellent, specially long distance.
- Mita, New York