Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite Reviews on RV Insider (69)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bonnie R. from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

We bought this motorhome brand new off the lot from dealerin Burlington, WA. We are on our first trip and as soon as it rained, water poured from around the closed vent near the stove & soaked the floor around the seating area and ran down toward the cab. Finally stopped raining & all was well while it wasn’t raining. Came back into Wash with a downpour and water gushed in from under the seating area only. 5 large swim towels later & it is still coming out. Very disappointed in the quality. Thought Thor would be a good choice. Handles well & everything else is working but this horrible leak has us terrified & the horror stories about Thor warranty work isn’t helping.
- Bonnie R., Washington

2020-09-24 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Just bought it a few days ago. It’s our first RV. It doesn’t have a convection/ microwave oven when was told it would have. It’s just a microwave. How am I suppose to cook for my family? Plus there’s no regular oven. It also has no jacks. I would appreciate at least an oven to cook, which I do have at home. I don’t eat out. So,What kind of enjoyment do you expect will come when on the road. I will never recommend a Thor to anyone. I would tell people make sure it has everything they promised you before you buy it. I’m so unhappy, I rather just park it! So much for traveling around our beautiful country.
- Gina, Florida

2020-09-19 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

Motorhome has been a disaster since I bought it. I bought it about 6 hours from my home and did not make it home before I got stranded. Dealer said it was not their problem. Thor apologized but did nothing to repair. It has been in for warranty 3 times in the first year. I have had for 15 months and it is in for repairs again. Quality of workmanship is terrible and a warranty is only as good as the company that issued it. My experience is that both Thor and Camping World only stand behind warranty for the simplest of things. Both Thor and Camping World should be avoided.
- David Sherritze, Florida

2020-09-03 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

When I picked it up they were working on the generator and could not get it working. Camping World told me to call for appointment tomorrow and bring it back. I called back and was told they don’t work on generators. First time camping no hot water, slides leaked. It was in being repair most the first season. Several other thing needed repair. Never got sides fixed. Traded this lemon and got other Thor and in has been in the repair shop more than I used it. Still waiting on parts (7 months). I will never buy a Thor product again.
- Gerald Barnes, Ohio

2020-08-30 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

The 2021 Thor Freedom Elite is our second RV. When we paid the price for this new motorhome we realized we weren’t buying a Cadillac, but we didn’t expect to buy a VW Thing.” Let me preface my observations by saying that we did not trade in our 1996 Itasca Suncruiser because Camping World refused to take any trade-in RVs prior to 2000. I am so grateful we did not trade it in because right now, stranded in the middle of the Arizona desert, with virtually no help from Thor, we wished we had taken the 1996 Itasca instead of this 2021 Thor RV made from popsicle sticks and glue. Without any embellishment whatsoever I can honestly say that after 11,000 miles on this RV in just 2-months everything has malfunctioned right down to the broken zipper on the briefcase full of the warranty documents. We are currently stranded because a Thor “ask-a-tech” support mechanic told us that the parts we found lying under the generator were “apparently not tighten correctly“ which led to mounting feet and brackets of the generator to literally break off from the block. Good Sam will gladly tow our vehicle however they won’t touch anything because it might void the warranty from Thor. After calling Thor for The third time I was told that any outside mechanic performing necessary Workmanship to our vehicle would not ruin the warranty. Unfortunately the person I spoke to before him, a mature intelligent woman, said the total opposite. Luckily I purchased the emergency option with my warranty so Thor can eventually show up with a tow truck to tow my vehicle to the nearest authorized dealer for repairs and accommodate me and my bride during this inconvenience. That doesn’t however cover the cost of boarding my two dogs. In the meantime I wait for Thor to open up Monday morning (with very shortened business hours) to rescue us from the middle of the desert in the middle of summer. With all four parts that we have found broken off of the generator our best advice has been to “stay in place” so that you don’t further damage the unit. That advice came from someone who didn’t work for Thor or Camping World. Here are just some of the things that have been going wrong with this vehicle since our purchase in July of this year. All of these problems occurred while we were on a vacation; A plumbing leak in the wall, later identified as having a piece of yellow tape near the leak hole. Then, after this leak was fixed we made it 150 miles down the road before noticing another pinhole leak in the middle of a brand new hose that was installed at Camping World. Vacation once again interrupted as we drove to another Camping World outside of Atlanta to have this piece of hose replaced. By the way both leaks caused extensive damage to the RV and our property. We have been waiting since July to hear about the new wall, control board, Trim and other parts of the vehicle covered under the warranty. Camping World told us 6 to 8 weeks, BS! One final note on the plumbing issues. After fixing the pinhole on a plumbing hose we found inside the wall, a Camping World genius unhooked our oven and never hooked it Back up! We didn’t notice that problem until we were three days out from our East Coast home headed to the West Coast. The poorly constructed handle on the refrigerator had now broken twice. Whoever designed this was obviously a mental midget. From the start, the USB outlets, located conveniently throughout the vehicle, were shorting out depending upon which way you moved your cord, and we tried many cords. After explaining the problem to Camping World they told us that all USB outlets were checked and there were no problems, BS! Every handle on every cabinet and drawer was designed by an expert in torture. Each handle is sharp enough to rip open your skin with the slightest pass as all four corners of the handle are sharp as a knife. Anytime we slip Or lose balance we look for these handles so we aren’t killed. The main door design for the RV must’ve been an afterthought on a late Friday afternoon. Because there are no sliding steps, the door is positioned 6 inches closer to the pavement than any other part of the vehicle thus giving you quite a jolt if you hit a pothole at the wrong time and place. Yes, it’s scrapes and scratches on every little bump you go over. Maybe that’s why our main side door to the Thor Freedom Elite has twice locked us out. Yes, with all locks open and the only way to lock the vehicle is with a key we have been locked out twice because the door does not fit correctly. BTW, Thor Forgot to install the carbon dioxide detector.I could go on and on with the problems we have had with this vehicle which we will sell as soon as the warranty fixes the 50 things currently Wrong. When we finally do make it back to our home I’m going straight over to storage and give my 1996 Itasca a hug. Do not be fooled by what anybody tells you. This 2021 Thor freedom elite is a rolling deathtrap and I urge you never Make the mistake we did. I purchased from Camping World; after writing my review we experienced half of our air-conditioning system malfunctioning in the main living quarters. Upon return home we immediately took the RV to Camping World in North Charleston,SC. I gave them the lengthy list of problems and was greeted with empathy and concern however it’s now been two weeks since my service appointment and I have been unable to make contact with anyone in service, Even after leaving multiple messages. I was given the service managers name and eventually made it through to his secretary who informed me that the service manager does not respond to customers, his assistants do, Even though his voicemail says that “if you’re not satisfied I’m not satisfied. I’m here to help you make it right.“ So here we sit in limbo not knowing the status of our RV and Still not getting any satisfaction from Thors corporate office. I do not recommend buying any product from Thor and, after initially being treated like gold by Camping World, do not recommend purchasing an RV from this company.
- Ken, South Carolina

2020-08-13 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Just bought a 2021. Haven't used it much yet so hopefully I don't have to come back and change this. I thought it drove really well. Hard to get a house not to have some rattle, but on the freeway it was quiet as could be. Love the layout, the color scheme the LED soft white lights EVERYWHERE. Some you can turn on for ambient soft lighting at night. Some typical poor construction of trim work and TV's. Lots of nails, poor joints, etc. But seems to be the norm now unless spend $1M. The bunk TV didn't pull out so you could put in a DVD. Dumb, but fixable stuff. Love the new 2021 Dash where they finally changed the steering wheel after 20 years.
- Justin Woodward, Utah

2020-08-09 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Overall I am very happy with the coach considering I knew that I was not purchasing a high end brand. Issues related to Thor: Vehicle had a right fender well liner that was loose and jagged. Dead USB port over dinette. Incorrectly spliced wire for step light. Door deadbolt not working. Leak around Hot Water Heater door and intake. Should it have left the factory this way No. Other issues: AC baffle loose. Could be attributed to driving coach. Loose pipe under sink. Could be attributed to driving coach. The Ford part of the equation has been very good. I purchased the coach at Camping World and after seeing their work on the deadbolt never took it back. Thor was very helpful with me in terms of locating another dealer to fix the issues and while it was a hassle they did pay for the work. Overall I know the coach and expect to tighten screws, drawers, do caulking etc...Drive it monthly and exercise the generator. The wait time for repairs is pretty much abysmal for all RV repairs especially if warranty work is necessary. Overall the Thor part has been as expected and I have completed some of the minor repairs myself. I knew that I was not buying an Airstream. My local Camping World was okay to purchase from, but the Service Department is severally lacking in knowledge and helpfulness. I understand that does not apply nationwide.
- Brent Jackson, Oklahoma

2020-08-08 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22HE View Listings

A Lemon. After 30years of service in the ARMY, I Finally wanted to travel. But I can't, because I got me a real Lemon. I spent more time fixing it than traveling. 30year... I think we GI's, deserve better... When someone asked me for my Rv. I answered, get something else, this is a waste of townsends of dollars.
- Ulises , Florida

2020-08-05 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

I just wanted to say that I read all the Reviews for the THOR FREEDOM ELITE 30FE and I am so glad that the buyers of this camper were so honest and forthcoming. The truth prevented me from making a costly purchasing mistake. Based on what I read, I will not be buying any Thor products if they don't care themselves about quality and customer satisfaction. How do they stay in business??!
- David, Kentucky

2020-07-22 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24HE View Listings

LOVE this RV. My wife wanted a motor home that was east to operate, had great living space, nice kitchen, comfortable bed and a usable bathroom. An eclectic awning was a must as well. We enjoy the evenings on our "front porch". The 24 HE more than delivers. We are thrilled with this motorhome. It has lots of storage, ample headroom, sleeps 6 comfortably and even has automatic leveling. It is well ventilated and the creature comforts all over this RV makes you wish you never had to go back home. Dream to operate. Even my wife, who is a pretty petite woman enjoys driving this RV. I can't say that about some other models . . . This is a perfect RV for a family or just a couple who wants to enjoy the great outdoors while being pampered with the great indoors. Highly recommend
- KJ Robinson, Georgia

2020-07-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Personally, I will never buy another Thor Motorhome. Within 30 days the countertop started to come apart. I leaned against the drop down side table next to the stove and the hinge crumpled and the table fell off. I securely fastened an oak plank roughly the size of the original table to the cabinet. I replaced the table with a second oak plank and securing it using hinges that are rated to hold 150 lbs. This table seems way more secure than the original table. I had a similar experience with the dinner table. Sporadically the table would come unhooked and collapse. At one point when the table fell the screws were pulled out of the table. Once again I securely fastened an oak plank to the table using a number of screws and glue. I installed a latch to the table to keep it from collapsing again. The air conditioner didn’t work very well right from the start. It barely cooled down the coach. I saw a video on how some manufacturers don’t properly install their AC units. I checked my AC unit and found that it was not properly installed. I implemented the suggested repairs and the air conditioner started working considerably better. However, the unit still doesn’t seem to move enough air through the ducting to cool the unit when the outside temp reached about 85 or so degrees. The large screen TV came with a few pixels that didn’t work. I put the RV in an RV park for about six to ten months. At some point during that time the radio and backup camera stopped working. Another thing that disappoints me is that several of the cabinets seems to have been made using scrap wood and are put in any way they can. I can come up with a few more disappointments, but I am sure you get why I would never neither buy nor recommend a Thor RV.
- Michael Hulsey, Texas

2020-07-07 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

4 trips and every one cut short for a Catastrophic failure. Spent more time being towed for repair than driven. Shower leak twice. Refrigerator coolant pipe burst. Wouldn’t start after stopping in NM leaving us stranded in the middle of nowhere. Worse of all it has a tendency to Stall on us when making a sharp turn.
- Tim, Texas

2020-07-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

The sprinter chassis is great but the tge Thor coach is built like garbage. Examples. My niece put her 25lb back pack on the dining table and the table came off the wall. The AC was not cooling and ceiling was opened the ducts were not connected. The rear camera was not wired to the right connection so not working. Underneath many wires hanging down with many left over dead wires to what on a new vehicle?? Kitchen sink now leaking from inside the floor. Gasket between fllir and chassis not placed to work. Most hanging out. These people hate their jobs or Thor itself. Had 1 year warranty but took it in twice which took 7 months waiting off of it. Thor and Camping World are terrible
- Raymond Chladny, Florida

2020-06-13 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

THERE HAVE BEEN NO PROBLEMS WITH THE THOR 26he MOTOR HOME. I'V MADE THREE TRIPS AND THE PERFORMANCE WAS JUST LIKE THE MANUFACTURE SAID. ALL TANKS FRESH, GREY AND BLACK WORK LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO. REFRIGERATOR AND STOVE WORK GREAT.
- JAKE THOMAS, Pennsylvania

2020-06-10 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

We purchased our 26HE at year end 2018. Got a great price ! What a great floorplan! We love it. The Positives - Great appearance , spacious bathroom, queen size bed, refrigerator/freezer, ducted air conditioning & heat, microwave, Big TV, Ford Chassis with powerful V-10 Gas Engine, and a 4000 Watt on-board Cummins Generator. EXCELLENT, GREAT, FABULOUS SERVICE MANAGER AT CAMPING WORLD. The Negatives - Furnace control board failed in the first month. Steering / Handling is an absolute HORROR! Had to spend $600 to have a steering stabilizer installed! Front wing boards not sealed, cheap wood and rotted. Vehicle suspension inadequate for the RV, leans dramatically on the driver's side ( slide out, propane tank, generator, kitchen all mounted on the driver side while right side has the sofa and bathroom only (unbalance weight load). Awning lights failed in first year. No Spare Tire or Jack. Formica kitchen and bath tops already peeling off. No stabilizers on the RV (even though they are advertised as standard equipment). TV stopped working 3 months after buying the RV. Generator has 85 hours on it when it was delivered. I have to admit that our dealer's service manager did everything possible to facilitate repairs. Thor's re-action to warranty requests were consistently unreasonably slow according to the dealer, and caused considerable delay in receiving repair authorizations. That said, Thor did authorize rear spring modification to equalize the weight in-balance issue , authorized repairs to the furnace, and wingboard replacement, and reimbursed us for the Television. We traveled 19,000 miles in our first year, visiting 37 States and 3 Canadian Provinces, and enjoyed every minute of our trips. In my opinion, as an entry class, relatively inexpensive RV, the Freedom Elite is a good RV to own. I do believe that Thor should build the 26HE model on a E-450 chassis since the E-350 with the model 26 RV, does not afford adequate weight capacity for cargo and passengers. Additionally , Thor should furnish ALL Rv's with heavy duty steering stabilizers and front and rear sway bars. The customer should not have to figure out why their brand new RV is all over the road, and then spend over $1000 to upgrade the steering and suspension to accommodate the heavy RV body. The selling dealer is at fault for not revealing these issues at point of sale and is creating a dis-service to his customer by this omission. The many, many, bad reviews by customers, could be avoided if the warranty authorization process was streamlined, dealer salespeople were more honest in their presentation, and improved quality control by the manufacturer implemented. I can tell you that I for one, would have no problem paying a reasonably higher price for the RV, if the steering, suspension, and quality issues were all addressed at the factory prior to sale.
- Stephen Cosgriff, Florida

2020-06-04 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

Why I wouldn't advise buying a Freedom Elite from Camping World: This is regarding the customer service from Camping World and Thor's unwillingness to stand behind their product. we purchased a Freedom Elite 26HE motor coach new in January of 2017 from Camping World in Saukville Wisconsin. We are extremely dissatisfied with the customer service from Camping World. Our first concerns came to light when we purchased the motor home. We had looked at the coach at the RV show in Milwaukee February of 2017. We liked the layout of the 26HE and decided to purchase one. We noticed several deficiencies with the display model and were assured that we would get a new one that was identical from Saukville. The display model was from the Madison Camping World. When we arrived at Saukville Camping World and finished all the paperwork, we discovered the RV we were being sold was the same display model with a Saukville Camping World sticker over the Madison sticker. Red flag number one. We pointed out all the deficiencies we noticed at the RV show and were assured all the issues would be fixed. One of the issues was a seal that was on the overhead cap. Red flag number 2. We had the RV serviced at Camping World Saukville off and on from February 2017 to July 2017 with warranty issues. One issue was with an electrical relay that almost started the RV on fire. Another issue was a screw that during the manufacturing process had been driven through the fiberglass portion if the roof near the roof access ladder. Although this issue was fixed, it was also apparently made to look worse than it was by a technician at Camping World who drew pencil marks around the screw in the shape of spider cracks. I can only think that this was done to exaggerate the damage to get the manufacturer (Thor) to foot the bill? Red flag number 3. The employee who attempted to fix the seal on the overhead cap dripped sealant and caulking all over the front hood. I spent a couple of hours cleaning it up. We used the RV during 2018 season without incident. During the 2019 season We noticed on the inside of the cap the right wall was delaminating due to a water leak. We also noticed water leaking from the cab roof over the passenger seat. The RV was taken to a local RV repair shop who initially couldn’t find a leak. I then removed the cushions from the overhead bed, and it was discovered that the wood was rotting, and mold had started. They suggested we take the RV back to the dealer (Camping World) and advise. We dropped the RV off on Dec 2nd, 2019 at Camping World, Saukville WI. Since the RV has been dropped off, I had called Camping World at least 7 times and had stopped in once in person requesting updates. The service department had promised to call me back with updates on numerous occasions and had not done so. I called and left a message for the service manager to call me Friday, February 28th, 2020. After talking to Camping World Corporate and sending a letter regarding our concerns, I finally got a call back. On March 11th I received a call from the service department stating they found the leak, that it was under the right-side screw track on the overhead cap. They stated the seal had failed and caused the damage estimated at $7,700. I initiated a claim with the extended Camping World Warranty we had purchased. The claim was denied because it did not cover leaks or leak damage. I then called Thor and asked that they help cover the cost of repairs as I believed the motor home was not properly sealed from the factory, and the location the leak occurred was not one that could have been found through routine maintenance by the owner or service shops. Thor stated that the motor home was out of warranty, and that the manufacture warranty only covered seals for 3 months. I stated that a three-month warranty was not a warranty at all, and that apparently Thor must expect that their products are inherently defective. On April 28th, 2020 I received a call from Camping World stating they had found damage to the fiberglass wall next to a window that had to be removed to fix the water damage. The estimate was approximately $900. I asked how the new damage occurred, since I did not see this damage prior to dropping off the vehicle. They could not explain how the damage had occurred. It’s June 4th, 2020 as of this posting and we are still waiting on our RV. Half a year! We have used our motorhome only 8 times since we purchased it, putting around 15,000 miles on it. We keep it covered during winter storage. This is our second Thor RV from Camping World, and I have to say at this time we are not satisfied at all with Camping World, or Thor motor homes.
- Kevin Walz, Wisconsin

2020-06-02 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22HEC View Listings

finding things like broken drawer, trim falling off inside , had to glue it , had to replace drawer latch ,i decided to replace the rear tail lamps with led , really glad i did , i found both rear tail lamps did not have the gasket on correctly and rain was seeping in around both lights , also they used 4 different screws on the lamps , 6 were stripped out , i replaced with all stainless screws , every where you open a concealed area , i found sawdust and wood chipping , where is the quality control during the building of this unit , its like they threw it together , never will buy a thor again after this
- JLEFEVER, Maryland

2020-06-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 29FE View Listings

This is a great unit. Very easy to drive. Big enough to stay in but small enough to get around in when driving. Just right for two, but enough room to bring the kids or grandkids. This unit has never been smoked in. It has a receiver hitch and we have pulled a boat with it. The back up camera is great for watching behind when going down the road or backing up. It is set up for a satalite receiver for the TV's. The top rung of the ladder is bent due to a low hanging tree limb. This is overall a good unit but due to family problems we need to sell.
- Ray Keener, Texas

2020-05-11 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24HE View Listings

Absolute horrible craftsmanship and planning. The front seat hits the slide out trim. I am only 5’8” tall! Stupid design. The plumbing runs between the floor and the under carriage. I need to figure out what to take off the bottom of the rig to expose it. Looking at it for a few minutes I see no way to expose the plumbing. The book they give you on this $72,000.00 RV is crap that shows next to no relevant information on this unit. It is a generic book that basically says yes you bought a Thor Piece of Crap. The vinyl trim on the exterior started falling out immediately, I had to duct tape it to drive home. The table was warped the day we bought it. The hot water heater never worked properly. After six months owning it and only 2000 miles the water has low pressure on the cold side and almost no water flow at all in the hot side. Through further investigation the valves on the hot water tank were not correctly set, from the factory. You have to remove the screws to pull the seat apart to expose the by pass valves. The plumbing in the rear hangs so low it drags frequently on normal paved roads. I am confident it will break soon and I will have to try and figure out a better way to route it. I am the original owner. I brought it back to Camping World in Vacaville California and they kept it for 60 days and did nothing. When I started pushing them they said it was ready to pick up. When I went to get it the only thing they fixed (poorly) was they put wood filler in some of the nail holes they missed. Stay away from Thor and stay away from Camping World!
- Dan Marlow, California

2020-03-06 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Purchased May 2019–had refrigerator leak, vinyl flooring came up, shower leaks, wall behind stove not properly attached, 2 tire blowouts under 10k miles, a/c issues x2 first time under 3 weeks purchased, bunkhouse slide out not working, poor quality and very poor workmanship. DO NOT BUY this type of unit.
- Mike Mitchell, Georgia

2020-02-26 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Between Thor and their coconspirators at Camping World this has been the worst mistake I’ve ever made. Horrible workmanship and terrible service. Based on my personal experience, I would never recommend either Thor products or Camping World sales and service. I cant wait to get rid of it !
- M Bartholomew , Florida

2020-02-11 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I purchased my rv in Chattanooga Tn I have had many problems as described in another review but one that has been bugging me every since I purchased it was A water leak in the bed room always water on the floor when I open the slide had checked wit no results after watching I noticed the rain gutter strip is too short and lets all water run in the top corner of slide I found that A tube 5/16 in dia can be slid inside of gutter and will extend it past the slide joint,I just wish there was A rv service that had trained employees or that gave A crap about customers after sales.
- Wayne Marsh, Tennessee

2020-02-08 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

When we first bought this motorhome (new) we were originally thrilled. The floor plan worked well for our purposes and had decent storage. Knowing there would be some kinks to work out, we didn’t have unreasonable expectations. However, the list of unnecessary repairs, all due to poor manufacturing and lack of quality control, became overwhelming. The first, crossed and incorrect wiring, which stranded us in BLM land without a house battery was especially enjoyable. The rubber strip that seals the unit became unglued the first month while driving down the road, flapping and stripping more away until we could pull over and duct tape it. The shower bar cracked for zero reason. The absolute last straw was the fact that they literally did not seal the undercarriage at all. We discovered this while driving through a rainstorm and water flooded through the flooring. We immediately had it repaired, but unfortunately it became delaminated. Thor refuses to repair the unit and it happened while under warranty. To properly repair, it will cost several thousand dollars. It rolled off the floor defective and Thor won’t acknowledge their mistake. I will never again buy a Thor motorhome.
- MB Tomaszewski , Kentucky

2020-01-29 2014 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22E View Listings

This is our first motor home as we have been RVing for 30plus years in a 5th wheel, tag a long and cab over insert. I was impressed with the size as it is easy to drive, gets good fuel economy (11mpg average with Chevy engine)and is comfortable. It took three years to get all the “gigs” out of the house. Water leaks being the most problem. Had a leak in the wall from the shower and had to remove 5he entire shower assembly to discover there was a bad piece of water pipe that needed replaced. Fortunately I purchased the extended warrantee and it paid for the majority of the repairs, On one trip I got a check engine light, reduced engine power and could hardly drive the vehicle up a small grade. Fortunately for me there was a Commercial Chevy dealer near by and the problem was corrected after an overnight stay. It seems that a rain deflector that is not to be removed was missing and caused the main circuit panel to flood. It was obviously removed by Thor as Chevy would not remove it. Also there was no cover on the generator door causing it to overheat. Fortunately no damage was done other than a slight ripple on the inside of the compartment door. This RV was suppose to be inspected prior to leaving the factory and prior to being accepted at the dealership so I wonder if the inspectors knew what they were inspecting. Like a lot of other folks have mentioned, the interior is made out of particle board and at the slightest bit of water they get ruined. If they would spend a few dollars more and use wood where there is a possibility of water, it would save a lot or repair and time. As for Camping World, I can say that they took care of 5he problems and have no complaints about the service. It did take some time to get the repairs completed but they were always busy and their shop full. Now I noticed that there is some delamination taking place and it appears that the sidewalks are made poorly. I have had someone look into it and the only thing they think is that the sidewall lack sufficient glue. I check and reseal as necessary on a yearly basis so it is not because of poor preventive maintenance on the RV. The only thing must be shoddy workmanship. In conclusion, I would think twice about purchasing a Thor Freedom Elite motor home. As for Camping World, I think it depends on the actual dealership and where it is located. I purchased and had my RV serviced at Akron, Ohio Camping World!!
- Robert Schurr, West Virginia

2019-12-12 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

I have had 3 trips and 3 problems. First the sink was not connected to the drain so first time water filled a draw and all over the floor. Second trip the battery in Mercedes went dead and had to have a jump and new battery. Third trip the coach battery is dead and Thor and Camping World don't want to replace after I only had it 3 months. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THOR OR CAMPING WORLD. Both are rip off!!!!
- Jon Taylor, Kentucky