Thor Motor Coach Four Winds

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Four Winds RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Zhanna Stinson from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

Recently we bought a brand new 2016 Thor Motor home. I deeply regret purchasing it because of its poor quality. 1) On the second day after purchasing it, the generator completely stopped working. It took us a while before a specialist could see it. They are very busy. 2) the awning shock on on side didn't work properly. We had to take it to another specialist to replace the whole side. 3) the wallpaper on the ceiling and other places is not glued neatly. Looks terrible. 4) the rubber strips at the front steps don't even match creating a huge gap. All junk keeps getting stuck there. 5) we found a big cut on the roof. They fixed the cut but I'm not sure if it's gonna work. I've been told we should replace the entire roof, the cut patch will not last long. We'll see. My list can keep going on and on. Next week we have to take it to the dealer again to fix other manufacture's defects. We've been spending a lot of time, nerves and fuel money trying to fix it. It's just not fair to us. We've worked hard for our money. Now, I feel like we won't be able to sell it for the money we bought it for. I mailed the complaint form to the Thor department however my case seems to be frozen. I haven't heard from them for over a month. After all, our RV has some things which are not safe. For example, the hot water is super hot (140 degrees) but the thermostat is not adjustable/changeable. We have to remember to turn on the cold water first in order not to get burnt. The bunk doesn't even have a boarding net. I'm always afraid that my child can fall out of it and get injured. I was willing to buy any kind of net to make a boarder, however Thor doesn't even carry it. In other words, I wouldn't recommend to buy a Thor RV. Very bad quality. They don't care about their customers. I guess the Thor's Quality department doesn't do their job. It looks nice and fancy at the first sight, but don't buy it as you'll notice its poor quality later on. I hope my experience will help you to make a right decision.
- Zhanna Stinson, California

2021-09-19 2020 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

Great features, very comfortable living. The vehicle handles well and can go almost anywhere easily. Plenty of power and stability. A very versatile motor home and a great size for a couple or family. Interior 84” interior ceiling height Residential vinyl flooring Rubber tread entry steps with lighted step wel) Drop down stairwell entrance step Metal entry grab handle Smoke, lpg, carbon monoxide detectors Fire extinguisher Hard vinyl ceiling Ceiling ducted air conditioning system High-sheen cabinetry with nickel finish hardware Pressed laminate countertops kitchen, dinette, and living room area Laminate countertops bedroom and bath Led lighting Wall cubby with net
- Gil Donatelli, Nevada

2021-08-29 2021 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W Ford E450 View Listings

We bought a new 2021 class c in March within a month we had to take it back 2 times to Springfield Missouri which is round trip 8 hours trip for us ,used it one time over memorial day weekend and the motor on the slide went out and since then has been in the repair shop and it still isn’t fixed yet so it’s been in repair more then we have used it. So don’t believe they are the best camper made because there not they are just thrown together and than we asked what would they give us to for it if we wanted to sell it and it was $20,000.00 less then we paid for it.
- Naomi Needham, Kansas

2021-08-27 2022 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

My wife and I just purchased our first RV, a new 2022 Thor Four Winds 28Z. We looked at many other manufacturers and on-line reviews and Thor was always on top. A week after we took delivery of our motorhome, the Thor Concierge Service called us. They welcomed us to the Thor Family and discussed all the resources available through Thor. These included 24-hour customer support, on-line manuals for everything in the RV and numerous videos showing how run and/or set up every part of our RV. They have now contacted us a couple of times just to check to see if we had any questions. This service is very impressive and really demonstrates a commitment to customer service. A few weeks after our purchase, at the suggestion of our salesperson, we took our RV out for one night at an RV Park close to our home, just to work out all the kinks. Being newbies, we had a number of issues. We called Thor and got the after-hours Customer Support. This service is absolutely amazing! We called a couple of times and they calmly walked us through and resolved each issue. The next day our water heater was not working. We called the Customer Service line again, they diagnosed the problem and walked us step-by-step through the resolution. The representative stayed on the phone with us and shared a number of helpful tips for us related to our RV. I cannot thank Thor enough, everyone was so professional, knowledgeable and helpful. I would highly recommend Thor, because they truly understand the meaning of customer service. I want to say a special thank you to Thor’s Customer Service staff, they were extremely patient and so very helpful.
- Paul, California

2021-08-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

Purchased this unit in 2019 from a dealer in Delaware. My family and I have been on multiple camping trips, along with one cross country trip to the great state of Wyoming. My wife and I love the ease of driving the Thor Chateau Sport. Kids slept comfortable wherever they felt like sleeping. The queen bed in the unit was upgraded by previous owners.
- Jeff, Maryland

2021-08-13 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Worst RV EVER! 6 PAGES OF MANUFACTURE DEFECTS!!!NO ONE BUT CW WOULD WORK ON at rate of 3 items per 6 months. It would take 11 years to repair absolute negligence! Dealer their sold us r. REFUSED to repair from warranty.
- Margaret Browning, Washington

2021-07-31 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

This RV's floor plan offers so much more space than my larger BTCruiser had. It's easy to drive and has lots of storage space even more than the 30 ft motorhome I had before this. I would not part with it if I had more time off from work, but I have only been in it a few times in the last four years. I've put less than 3500 miles. I have never towed anything, but it really is a nicer unit as far as roominess than a lot of other 24 ft class c's
- Jean Taylor, New Jersey

2021-07-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

Very frustrated at the quality of our 2021Thor Four Winds. When we got it home we opened the slide only to hear a rip in the floor. Turned on the water and the water would not drain, turned on the back A/C would not blow cool air, the recliners were pushed away from each other, shower would not work, awning ripped when we pulled it out, levelers lifted the enter back end off the ground and now the slide will not work. Took the RV into Gander in Dacula, Ga and told us it would be two weeks before they could look at the RV. Two weeks later told most was fixed but A/c’s are back ordered and not sure when they will get one in. I forgot to mention we sold our house and living in the RV. Now we have to pay for hotels when the RV goes into the shop. Now back in the shop with promises not being fulfilled. The slide needs two motors. No reimbursements for hotel stays. The ripped floor happened because when they were putting together the RV someone left a plumbing cap under the slide. The plumbing cap is what ripped the floor. Now they have to redo the back floor. The process is going to take two weeks. This means two weeks of hotel. Yes we have family however we have two dogs. I looked up how to return a defective RV and unfortunately not an option without ruining your credit. DO NOT BUY FROM THOR. We have been told by many their quality assurance is non existent. All they do is put the RVs together as quick as possible. I say run!
- Anita Deraney, Georgia

2021-07-25 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

From day 1 With campland in Burns Harbor,Indiana the lady's putting theri finger nails in the decals to get bubbles out. To having our motorhome at campland for 9 months due to some breaking in to their lot and stealing stuff out of motorhomes which included ours.To the slideout not working and letting air in and rain in. Campland said oh we'll get the decals fixed. One lie after another. Decals never got replaced . Then was sold to Lazy Days. Who also won't take care of the decals or slide out. We have talked with Thors and insurance Thors said you need to have Lazy days fix these things. Because we dont even make the decals for your motor any longer. So this over $100,000. Motorhome is a cheap made,but hey camp Land don't care they got my money.
- Jeffrey Lingenfelter, Indiana

2021-05-31 2021 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W Ford E450 View Listings

this RV IS SPACIOUS and comfortable. it feels like home. I can rate it as 10/10 honestly. It has 3 TV 'S and comfortable queen bed, many spacious cabinets outside and inside to store your clothes, kitchen stuff, and camping or grill requirements.
- Beba brown, Arizona

2021-05-07 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Terrible.. We bought our First Motorhome from Pleasure Land in Baxter,Minn. Got home and took it for a few short drive’s and my husband looked under the Motorhome home and it was full of Rust.. This was in Summer of 2019. It was brand new.. and we went back to pleasure land and and showed them. I told the lady and showed her how severe the Rust was.I told her we are not accepting this Motor home and her Remark was (That’s not a Option). We should of went to a lawyer. But we ended up paying more money to trade for a 2018 Thor Mercedes 4 Winds Sprinter MH.. Biggest mistake we did. Dealing with pleasure land was Horrible.. We brought the New one home and the Congolium came loose so we had to take it back in where it Sat for some time.. Our vacation was Ruined. Then Covid started and we couldn’t go anywhere and thank gawd we didn’t.. There was a Recal on the Steering we just found out about in 2020 we never were sent a letter on.. It’s May of 2021 and we recieved a Recall in March that the (Rear -Wheel Speed Sensors are bad and need to be Replaced.. This can cause Serious problems and you don’t want to drive it as we also have brake problems. I contacted Mercedes today and here we have a new 2018 Motorhome that has probably got 600 miles driving time from us and They can’t get the parts.. We read about people who were in heavy traffic and the Unit died on them and others where it excelerated. ..You are not Safe driving these units and the guy at Mercedes told me to go ahead and drive it and if you break down it’s your expense to have towed lol !! Then he said it could be 2 Weeks to 2 years before they get the parts. We need to find out who all owns these units and start a lawsuit against Mercedes. We’re sitting here with thousands of $$$ investment and can’t go anywhere...!! Then to have a guy (Joe) at Customer Reach out say go ahead and drive it is Wrong..!! How many owners are out there dealing with problems like this.. Steering problems are dangerous and we didn’t even know about that till I called and spoke to a lady at (Vehicle Safety hotline) 1-888-327-4236. She told me..!!! Please everyone Email me if your having issues like us. Samwalker @Charter.net
- Kathleen Olsen, Minnesota

2021-03-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24HL View Listings

......great RV .......many annoying glitches but hey , nothing serious and overall a pleasant , well thought out holiday camper. Planning g a post Covid long haul 6-8 wks and looking forward to making the Four Winds our hi way home ! Especially like the MB chassis and fuel economy!
- William MacPhee, Ontario

2021-03-07 2021 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28A View Listings

Ford makes these chassis’s but doesn’t make replacement parts for them. Very irresponsible! I live in my RV and Ford and Ford Dealer/repair tells me I’ll be homeless for 6 months or more waiting for replacement parts. Would never buy Ford again.
- J Forlizzo, Florida

2021-02-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

Horrible!!!! Interior problems, flooring has been coming up, side door never has operated properly, moldings around slide out came loose, wallpaper in bathroom came off, outside moldings on slide out came off, all plumbing drain weren’t connected
- David Phelps, California

2021-02-12 2020 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

We love RV-ing and knew that when we got close to retiring we would want one. Wish we'd looked at more reviews before buying. This one has been in the shop more than it's been on the road, and we haven't even had it a year. You name it, it's been broken. The interior walls are flimsy and held onto the frame only by small staples, which pull out. The slide out motor fails, there's a leak from the rain, drawers have broken, sliding door popped out, etc. At least it's still covered by warranty. This week (in the shop for the leak) one of them noticed that we've needed lots of repairs. Glad they finally noticed! We told them this is a lemon.
- Shaunna Howat, California

2021-01-07 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24C View Listings

Just purchase a used 2016 Four Winds 24C. The Thor manual is useless, unbelievable! Still cannot locate the low point drains and apparently no way to rinse the black tank. Any suggestions appreciated! Great layout for 1 or 2, however due to COVID, most campgrounds are closed in California - still waiting to enjoy!
- Kathy, California

2020-12-29 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Love that you can park it in a regular parking lot at a park or a grocery store. It's compact enough to manuever like a large van, but with the slide out is spacious for a family. The Ford engine is a workhorse and there is never any issue with climbing a hill, no matter the slope.
- Jonathan Steinberg, Washington

2020-11-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 30D View Listings

First coach I have owned where there is a water leak in the roof after just 2 years. Lazy Days cannot find the problem and now has to do a water test to find the leak. Thor is doing nothing! 7500 repair bill. For the price you pay for this coach, big problems should not be happening after just 2 years. Only 4200 miles and keep it in pristine condition. Very sad. Have had a total of three RVs and this is ending up to be a sad mistake!!!!
- Dawn Freijo, Florida

2020-10-29 2020 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

I WOULD NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER THOR MOTORHOME AND WARN YOU TO THINK TWICE BEFORE BUYING A UNIT FROM THOR! Not because we don't like the floor plan or decor. Not because it's unsafe when being driven in crosswinds. And not because the quality of the materials, fit, and finish is somewhat substandard. But, instead, because they do not stand behind their product or honor their warranty plan. After we took delivery of our Thor Four Winds 28Z we discovered that the ducts that run from the heater, which is located under the refrigerator, to the four heater outlets in the motorhome were not connected during the manufacturing process. As a result, the heater was blowing hot air into the cavity between the heater and the bedroom wall and under the refrigerator. This has created a fire hazard since the propane furnace is blowing hot air directly onto the wall which is only inches away from the heating unit itself. The heat blowing on the wall was so intense that the bedroom wall warped. THOR HAS NOT AUTHORIZED THIS REPAIR ON A VEHICLE THAT HAS UNDER 9,000 MILES AND IS LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OLD. According to the service re at Camping World "Warranty repairs are 100% on the manufacturers timeline. They set the pace and tone, they make 100% of the decisions on what is repaired and how we do it (using our recommendations to some extent). So while I understand it is frustrating at times, and SLOW, Warranty is intentionally slow from the manufacturers point of view. In addition at this time, parts are just not available. We are required to use factory parts (again that is decided by the manufacturer, not us), and right now the factories are more interested in building RVs than selling parts." Our motorhome has been sitting on the Camping World lot for two month waiting for approval and parts from Thor. This is absolutely unacceptable. So again Be Warned before moving ahead with your purchase.
- Jay Richolson, Washington

2020-10-14 2014 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31E View Listings

Our family loved the RV experience. My son will be in Afghanistan for a good while, so we have decided to sell it. The RV is in perfect condition. Biweekly, I go and run the generator to make sure it stays in good condition. The leather recliner chairs are new. It has a stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator and freezer. Stand alone shower and TV’s. It can sleep8~10 people.
- JoAnn Robinson, Georgia

2020-10-14 2014 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds View Listings

As a family going on the few trips were an awesome experience for us all. We’ve only had for 2 years. Because my son is in Afghanistan, we just do the routine maintenance on it running the generator every 2 weeks to keep it in tip top condition.
- JoAnn Robinson, Georgia

2020-08-26 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31Y View Listings

Have had this unit for 3 summers. Bought it brand new. Had some minor issues which the dealer fixed under warranty the first year. Then at the beginning of year 2 we had some electrical issues, of course the warranty was done, so the bad wiring was in our tab. This summer, we were washing the unit when the trim on the unit next to the passenger side door fell off and rotten wood fell out, reached up inside and more came out, called the factory. Then are claiming it’s due to owner’s lack of maintenance. Mind you, this unit has 8500 miles on it and has been in indoor storage when not being used. The unit has been used less than 10 trips. I am still waiting for a call back from the customer service supervisor. There is no way this lack of maintenance. The trim fell off- there were no screws holding it on! Very disappointed with Thor’s handling of this issue on a unit with under 10,000 miles!
- Denise Cornelius, Michigan

2020-08-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Totally fell in love with the floor plan of this unit. Still love that aspect. Totally disappointed with the lack of service. Because of Covid, they overcharge for disinfecting the unit before they will do anything. Then of course, every single item on my unit that needs fixed is not a warranty issue. Imagine that! Flooring bubbles 4 inches high. Battery screwed after only 2000 Kms, not their problem. Slide leaking, user problem. The list was endless. But!!!! We will repair all your issues for $160 an hour after we charge you to sanitize first and also leave it here for 3-4 days and five back 2 hours to pick it up. Very poor customer service from the dealership!!
- Debbie Wood, Alberta

2020-08-13 2020 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

Thi is about the worst motor vehicle dealership I have ever done business with. Rather difficult to access, and when I arrived at noon for my 1 pm appointment, there was almost no room to park my rig. The service department is closed for lunch hour, so no one to ask where I can park. Only place to wait was a tiny “customer lounge” at the back of the store. Four straight chairs and a coffee pot. Because of Covid we were hesitant to wait there, with customers and staff coming and going, but the only other place was outside in the 100 degree heat. Our service man, Scott, was terrible. He began by telling me what a great favor he was doing for my Florida dealership by giving them an appointment for us to perform a recall that my Florida dealer had failed to do. Then, when I Tried to explain our Battery problem that our Florida dealer told us the recall would fix, he blew me off and used high pressure to sell me a great solar system for $ 2200. I asked if he could just test the batteries to see if they were bad, as Thor Service had suggest was probably our issue, but he said not enough to time to do that, despite saying he did have enough time to install the large and heavy solar panels atop our coach, plus all the new wiring, etc., and enough time to do a $100 oil and filter change on our generator. After I said I thought we might need two new batteries, due to the rig having sat in the Florida sun for over a year and because they simply would not hold a charge, and After I rejected the solar system, he grudgingly agreed to test the batteries. Sure enough, they were both bad, and we needed two new ones. He charged us $500 for them, installed. We had no choice so we paid it.
- James Keeney, California

2020-08-01 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

We bought ours new. And it has been a headache with electrical problems. And camping world here in new Braunfels Texas their service is horrible. If it wasn't for our excellent credit I would go park it in there Parking lot and walk away.
- Marty, Texas