Thor Motor Coach Four Winds RVs Reviews (34)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Four Winds RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Zhanna Stinson from California says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Four Winds RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

Recently we bought a brand new 2016 Thor Motor home. I deeply regret purchasing it because of its poor quality. 1) On the second day after purchasing it, the generator completely stopped working. It took us a while before a specialist could see it. They are very busy. 2) the awning shock on on side didn't work properly. We had to take it to another specialist to replace the whole side. 3) the wallpaper on the ceiling and other places is not glued neatly. Looks terrible. 4) the rubber strips at the front steps don't even match creating a huge gap. All junk keeps getting stuck there. 5) we found a big cut on the roof. They fixed the cut but I'm not sure if it's gonna work. I've been told we should replace the entire roof, the cut patch will not last long. We'll see. My list can keep going on and on. Next week we have to take it to the dealer again to fix other manufacture's defects. We've been spending a lot of time, nerves and fuel money trying to fix it. It's just not fair to us. We've worked hard for our money. Now, I feel like we won't be able to sell it for the money we bought it for. I mailed the complaint form to the Thor department however my case seems to be frozen. I haven't heard from them for over a month. After all, our RV has some things which are not safe. For example, the hot water is super hot (140 degrees) but the thermostat is not adjustable/changeable. We have to remember to turn on the cold water first in order not to get burnt. The bunk doesn't even have a boarding net. I'm always afraid that my child can fall out of it and get injured. I was willing to buy any kind of net to make a boarder, however Thor doesn't even carry it. In other words, I wouldn't recommend to buy a Thor RV. Very bad quality. They don't care about their customers. I guess the Thor's Quality department doesn't do their job. It looks nice and fancy at the first sight, but don't buy it as you'll notice its poor quality later on. I hope my experience will help you to make a right decision.
- Zhanna Stinson, California

2019-06-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

We purchased our Thor Motorcoach in Feb. 2017 - brand new. First time out we had a major leak in the roof at the back of the RV and heater did not work (had to have a part replaced). 2 recalls in the first year. Took cover off this year and MORE leaks - SEVERAL this time. So disappointed and if we have had this many leaks in 2 years I can't imagine what's to come. We are new RV owners but I can't believe all these leak issues are normal for a vehicle only 2 years old! I think I have to recommend staying away from these to anyone thinking of buying!!
- Melissa M, Illinois

2019-05-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24HL View Listings

Thor I wanted to write a note to your company to tell you how satisfied I am with the people and product that they turned out for me. From the moment Thor contacted me on my complaint it was handled in a expeditious and professional manner by your representative Jason Treadway. The repair team I work with was led by Brian who kept me informed throughout the process. The team went beyond my expectations. The motorhome went in for one problem a leak in the roof which cause the floor to the degrade but while being worked on if they encountered another problem they repaired it. I am truly thankful and will pass on my my observations to my fellow RV people. Thank you Tim and Karen McCarthy
- Timothy McCarthy, Florida

2019-03-19 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Nothing but good things to say about this RV! Drives like an SUV, and the extra deep, full-wall slide makes it feel like a MUCH bigger unit when camping. I know a lot of people have a bad time buyimg new, but our 24F has had zero defects at 15,000 miles and a year and a half of enjoying it. Much better fit for us than one of the big class a units (which we had before) that are hard to maneuver.
- Joe Provenzano , Texas

2019-03-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Best vehicle I've ever owned. DRIVING: Easy to drive (after getting a proper front-end alignment) handles like a big SUV. CAMPING: Very easy to park, setup the RV and start a campfire in under 15 minutes! MECHANICAL: Flawless performance and no major issues. Only a few very minor issues and easily remedied by myself with factory support on the phone talking me thru it - easy-peasy!
- Joe Provenzano, Texas

2019-02-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

I truly feel this is the worst purchase we have ever made. This motorhome has been in the shop more than in our driveway. Sloppy work from work staples not set. The batteries never had the acid packs put in. Gages, speakers auto start for the generator not wired. Inverter has been replaced 4 times. The dash radio has been replaced twice. Now we've got water damage because weather stripping was not installed right. And caulking was sloppy. The flooring was lifting up first time out. AC has never worked. Every time we take it out there's issues. We will never buy anything build by Thor again. Or buy from General RV again. A lot of the issue could of been fixed 1st time in shop. But instead they would bandaid things. And then lie about fixing things.
- Carol jennings, Utah

2018-09-23 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

Worst financial decision we've ever made. Have owned for 3 months, in the shop for 1.5 months. Cabinet arm broken, outside stencils terrible, window screens broken, driver side power mirror wouldn't work(wired incorrectly), rearview camera not working properly and finally, one of our power jacks had a sheared pin and couldn't work. Now after a month and a half, we on our first trip. Really great experience! Very bad water leak under the refrigerator, first time we've had water on the system. Turns out the Ice Maker is leaking. Water all over the floor, so bad was leaking through the floor. Now, my wife just took our first shower and it will not drain. Again, new leak from under the shower and water is now backing up through the kitchen sink.
- Gayle & Cathy Shaw, Indiana

2018-09-21 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

This is my 4th motor home. It has been mire problems than the other 3 put together. It would be great if everything worked as it should but so far there has been at least a dozen problems in the 2 years I have owned it. From electrical to water leaks. I can hardly wait to get rid of it. I think biggest problems are caused by poor workmanship.
- Jerry Roberts, Illinois

2018-09-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

This has been a pleasure to travel in. When we first got it the shower leaked but the manufacturer had neglected to chalk around the bottom so the dealer fixed it and it has not leaked since. The radio and right door speaker were replaced by Thor as they were under warranty. Everything works good in the unit and I have I have been well pleased with it. I really like the way it handles on the road and with the rear camera you can monitor your tow vehicle very well.
- Ron King , Alabama

2018-07-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 26B View Listings

Highly recommend. Particularly love the backup and size mirror cameras. Very easy to drive, park, setup and store. Best combination of size, power/torque and comfort. Size perfect for parking at almost all parks, including the National Parks which tend to have campgrounds which will not accommodate 30’+ rigs. Would definitely buy again.
- Nanette, Illinois

2018-06-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

i should of had my head checked before i got this rv we have had trouble every time we have had it out water leake 5 cabnets fell apart doors not staying closed locks on the cabnets falling off battery going dead because of bad switch hot water not working fridge not working while going down the road food in freezer getting soft we have to many things to write about and the company does not call back after saying they would jamie rieks remember that name head checked now
- dexter barrows, Illinois

2018-03-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 35SK View Listings

Biggest regret I have ever had is buying this M.H., Can't us much due to poor workmanship. It has 7800 miles and had to have repairs of some sort every trip. Trips are 600 miles or less. If someone is considering M.H. I would advise some other brand.
- Mike Williams, Texas

2018-02-01 2015 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31L View Listings

This RV has been very reliable traveling on our excursions. Plenty of room for the kids and very comfortable with our upgraded queen size mattress. We especially enjoyed sitting around the campfire and watching our outdoor TV. Plenty of storage space inside and out. With our Blue Ox Towing Package, we were able to hookup and unhook our vehicle in minutes. Towing the vehicle was a breeze, especially with our rear observation camera.
- Gerry Martin, Florida

2017-12-01 2004 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 33SW View Listings

I have be very pleased with my 2004 Windsport. It drivers like a dream. It is now for sale because I am buying a Family home in AZ and am done with traveling. It has been reliable, comfortable to drive and live in. I'm proud of this 2004 Windsport...THOR is one of the most popular selling RVs....despite some of the reviews I have read...They seem just complainers and negative thinkers.
- Larry J. Nygren, Nevada

2017-10-24 2005 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 34N View Listings

The biggest feature this unit has going for it is livability. We have never felt confined or challenged for space even when living in the rig for months at a time. The three slides offer comfortable living space as well as privacy with a separate bedroom with its own TV. Creature comforts abound with AC, convection oven, built-in vacuum cleaner, double sink, a couch and a recliner and a full 7ft high ceiling.
- Roger Morin, Florida

2017-10-18 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31L View Listings

Awful. Doors to outside bays are all crooked. Backsplash over stove was put up with cheap double-sided tape and fell off before we even got it home from dealer. Radio died, fuse blew after two weeks. Headboard on bed pulled away from wall in less than 6months and cupboard in bathroom won't stay closed. We owned a Winnabago for 13 years and never had this many things go bad in that entire time. Our dealer has been fair, but we would never consider a Thor product again
- CJ Schwartz, Maryland

2017-10-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 22E View Listings

I would not recommend, we bought ours brand new and for lack of a better word "lemon". The awning, AC, radio, backup camera, and exterior lights all stopped working before we hit 2500 miles. General quality of some trim and cabinetry work is extremely poor. One cabinet shelf over the sink won't even rest on the adjustable pegs because it is so off square. The entry door shock is bowing the bottom of our door out. Warranty is looking into it and the dealer has been decent so far but the diagnosis has been three months at least pull the dash and to fix all the wiring issues. All this and we have only owned it for 5 months, NEW off the lot. That being said, the redeeming qualities would definitely be the lay out which is great for the space. Also, before everything stopped working it was extremely user friendly. Hopefully our dealer and warranty continue to be decent, but I would feel bad for someone in our shoes with poor dealer and warranty support.
- Amanda & Doug, Vermont

2017-08-30 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31E Bunkhouse View Listings

Thor warranty said they would pay me for defective tires after 6,000 miles waited 3 months and then they said it was denied. I had problems with the tires from day one. I would not buy another Thor four winds. They do not care they sell you a lemon and they get away with it. It's fraud and they stink. There is not one around here to service all of the defective things wrong with this rv. Now after I had to pay for new tires that exploded on the road my awning does not work, trim pieces are falling off, the tea don't play anything. Terrible save your money and do not buy from Thor. Please send your hard earned money on something else you will not enjoy this purchase.
- Joann Seckendorf, Indiana

2017-08-10 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 26B View Listings

I purchased my vehicle in January from General RV and drove to Florida. Right from the beginning I had trouble filling the tank with gas. The pump would switch off and 500 clicks later I had a 1/2 a tank to travel. I took it back to dealer for repairs three times for this! The last time they had it for three months. Dealer told me often that they were working with Thor to resolve the issue. Thor told me that it wasn't their problem. Finally repaired in July, I called Thor to get three months added to my years warranty but they don't do that. Why sell a product that you don't stand behind? For me? Why buy a product from Thor.
- Judy Claseman, Michigan

2017-07-25 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

This motor home is horrible there is no quality control. This is the worst purchase I have ever made. Levels do t work finishing work air conditioning burnt wires above the generator. I could go on an on. Piece of crap
- Carol jennings, Utah

2017-07-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31A View Listings

We purchased our new motor home in march. So many issues and the dealer said this is normal. We have owned 2 other motor homes. Water leaks , finishing work, invented, no air in back or front ,. So much more
- Carol Jennings , Utah

2017-06-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31E Bunkhouse View Listings

Bought the Thor Four Winds 31E the end of April 2017. It's been back to the dealer for repairs multiple times and there are still has items on "order" that need replacing. The quality leaves much to be desired. The number one thing that is noticeable is the finishing work. This is going to sound petty but all the stickers on the outside were put on crooked. Looks pretty bad on a brand new 6 figure motorhome. Who's putting these on? Obviously someone either in a big hurry or someone that doesn't care. Same with the TV's in the bunks (crooked) and the shower controls (crooked). When we called Thor to ask about some other items that need repairs and mentioned the poor finishing work they told me that they put out around a hundred units a day and that they are hurried. Lovely. When we mentioned all the things that needed fixing, including the main cabin TV not connected to DVD player (which turns out to be unrepairable without re-wiring the entire front half of the rig), the water hose under the sink being kinked when the slide is retracted, warped cupboard doors, the 2x4 I had to put in one of the cupboards to hold the shelf up, the outside water drain that was leaking (the dealer ended up replacing it with one in a different color that doesn't match the rig), among other items, the manufacturer told us that's why they pay the dealers, so they don't have to deal with repairs themselves (basically telling us to call the dealer and not to bother them). The guy at Thor was impatient, rather rude and could have cared less about any problems we were experiencing. Super disappointing.
- Dave Cox, Minnesota

2017-06-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

We purchased the Thor 4 winds 31W RV April 2017. I am very disappointed with how the Shower is designed. The glass enclosure metal rest on the tub with no way to keep the water from leaking out and draining into the living room. The lip on the back of tub should have come all the way around the tub to keep the water in the tub. I am going to try to fix it by installing a rubber seal under the glass enclosure and the tub. I keep thinking that I just paid $100,000 for an RV I have too fix before I can use it. Thor QC should have caught this at the factory. Again,I am very disappointed.
- Ron, Alabama

2017-05-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 26B View Listings

Loved the layout of this model. Purchased it new at a RV show. Major issues with the fuel tank. It has been in repair for about 2 months out of the 4 that we have owned it. The fuel line dips or something and when I try to put fuel in it, the gas pump shuts off. The dealer can't fix it and I haven't heard back from Thor.
- Judy Claseman, Michigan

2017-04-30 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 35SM View Listings

I use this site almost exclusively to search. Would it be possible for you to add a category - Super C. I can work through the Class C but it is a long slow process. Other than that this site lets me refine my searches like no other site. Keep up the good work.
- Ted Hochwalt, Washington