Thor Motor Coach Four Winds RVs Reviews (42)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Four Winds RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Zhanna Stinson from California says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Four Winds RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

Recently we bought a brand new 2016 Thor Motor home. I deeply regret purchasing it because of its poor quality. 1) On the second day after purchasing it, the generator completely stopped working. It took us a while before a specialist could see it. They are very busy. 2) the awning shock on on side didn't work properly. We had to take it to another specialist to replace the whole side. 3) the wallpaper on the ceiling and other places is not glued neatly. Looks terrible. 4) the rubber strips at the front steps don't even match creating a huge gap. All junk keeps getting stuck there. 5) we found a big cut on the roof. They fixed the cut but I'm not sure if it's gonna work. I've been told we should replace the entire roof, the cut patch will not last long. We'll see. My list can keep going on and on. Next week we have to take it to the dealer again to fix other manufacture's defects. We've been spending a lot of time, nerves and fuel money trying to fix it. It's just not fair to us. We've worked hard for our money. Now, I feel like we won't be able to sell it for the money we bought it for. I mailed the complaint form to the Thor department however my case seems to be frozen. I haven't heard from them for over a month. After all, our RV has some things which are not safe. For example, the hot water is super hot (140 degrees) but the thermostat is not adjustable/changeable. We have to remember to turn on the cold water first in order not to get burnt. The bunk doesn't even have a boarding net. I'm always afraid that my child can fall out of it and get injured. I was willing to buy any kind of net to make a boarder, however Thor doesn't even carry it. In other words, I wouldn't recommend to buy a Thor RV. Very bad quality. They don't care about their customers. I guess the Thor's Quality department doesn't do their job. It looks nice and fancy at the first sight, but don't buy it as you'll notice its poor quality later on. I hope my experience will help you to make a right decision.
- Zhanna Stinson, California

2019-08-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 35SM View Listings

This has been the worst experience ever. We bought this coach in September 2017 and it has spent more time in the shop than in our possession. The Ford chassis has been fantastic, but everything done by Thor is of poor quality. Failures include: Levelers (8x) Slides, awning, radio (4x), floating floor (really), ice maker, inverter, and structural issues with panels bulling away and leaks. and those are just the highlights. It got to a point that Thor agreed to take the unit back to the factory to replace the entire back wall and reattach the overhead sleeper. Months later when I finally got it back, it cracked again after 1 trip and is leaking badly. Now both Thor and the warranty I paid $5k for crawled away and is leaving me with this issue. I couldn't recommend Thor to build anything. Pure Garbage.
- Joe Berrer, Alabama

2019-08-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 35SM View Listings

In one year of ownership have had rv in repairs for 6+ months. Have experienced about 55 different issues (some twice). Poorly designed and poorly built. Do not recommend. Neither Thor or retailer (camping World) is responsive in corporate headquarters. Issues include: roof leaks, table poorly constructed, broken bench (caused injury to wife), broken window dressing, when driving things fall off the bulkheads. Floor squeaks, refrigerator doesn’t make ice and works only on electric power (thus no dry camping). Cabin is too big and heavy for the chassis and has begun to separate. Broken steps flooring comes up from behind the passengers seat. Can’t park in a 30 amp spot. Needs 50 amps to run both ACs. Slide out broken. Have only been able to use this rv 4 times in first year and then it must go to repair shop for corrections to various issues. Vehicle is in repair shop now to fix 17 issues. Wouldn’t recommend this rv.
- William Hagins , Oregon

2019-08-03 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

I purchased my 2016 Thor Four Winds 28Z motor home used in 2017. I love the layout and quality of the furnishings. It drive like a dream and is very comfortable for the driver as well as the passengers. The inside storage space in the kitchen area is a little tight but acceptable and I wish there was a little more head at the bathroom sink. I have been on three big trips since I purchased this unit and I have no complaints.
- James Behan, Missouri

2019-07-27 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

I love my RV! Everything about it is exciting. The layout is perfect for three to four adults and the grand kids to. The unit is easy to keep clean and always looks nice. The best driving motor home I have driven and comfortable. It is easy to forget you should get up and move around every couple of hours, you just get lost in the comfort and passing scenery. The rear exterior storage is second to none, you get at everything from both sides and the rear. The only thing I would like to see the manufacturer do is raise the mirror cabinet over the sink in the bathroom to provided a little more head space, brushing your teeth and rinsing can be a bit challenging.
- James Behan, Missouri

2019-07-22 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 23U View Listings

The air conditioning pours from the inside when it rains. The top of the stove came off and disconnected the burners.The microwave fell out of the wall. Many of the plastic moldings on the outside came off and some on the inside have cracked. Most of the locks do not work well. Cannot use key to come into the side door and the paint on the living quarters has faded unevenly. And the handling on the road is unstable. I am truly disappointed with this vehicule.will definateley not buy another one.
- Susan burnett, New York

2019-06-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 26B View Listings

BUYER BEWARE! Bought brand new 6 weeks ago so far we've experienced electrical completely redone, generator failure twice, awning not working, grey tank water pipe cracked, radio replaced all BEFORE we even took it on our first camping trip. We went one day and discovered the grey tank pipe cracked and awning not working for the second time. No help from Thor or the one authorized dealer in our area. It's been a nightmare experience!!
- Kim Seguin, Michigan

2019-06-16 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

So many issues, hot water heater, worked for a short time, now not at all. DVD player can't connect to the internet. You have to have the ignition on and park break to level RV. No step by step instructions at the control panel. The dash is the same on my 1991 RR, every vehicle in the world has digital speedometer, but not this one. No help from the dealership or from Thor. I'm out camping and these issues that should have been checked , weren't. And the best that they could say is new RVs need to work out the bugs. Very comforting. We bought new so we didn't have to worry about these issues, I know my GMC Hornet made in 1991 would have worked. So what are these fancy features really worth?
- Bert White , Alberta

2019-06-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 30D View Listings

Bought it used when it was 6 months old and 3200 miles.Owned it a year now.Just did a 2500 mile trip from Florida to Ohio.I will give the good and the bad about this unit. On the good side, drives great, rides good, good power in the mountains, MPG at 65MPH with cab air and generator running ranged between 7 to 10MPG. Lots of storage. Lots of room with the sides out. Now the bad,with the sides in it is hard to get around in the unit, The furniture is very poor quality especially the couch. Already looking to replace it. Kitchen drain has had leaking problem since the plumbing slides with the slide.( 400.00 repair at the dealer.) Poor air flow with 15,000 btu in the rear of unit (hard to cool in Florida in summer) poor heat flow in bedroom but hasn't been a issue. Front cap gel coat fading.( I buff the hole unit out twice a year ). Other minor issues that all motorhome owners face. I tell people all the time when they ask if they should buy a motorhome, my reply is preventive maintenance is key, if your not handy about fixing most problems on your own owning a motorhome is not for you. My future plans for this unit is to replace the furniture and add a second air unit in the back. My opinion on Thor is they are no better or worst than other manufacturers. All have issues! I recommend buying from a small independent dealer and stay away from chain dealers. You will have a better service experience when needed.
- Charles, Florida

2019-06-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

We purchased our Thor Motorcoach in Feb. 2017 - brand new. First time out we had a major leak in the roof at the back of the RV and heater did not work (had to have a part replaced). 2 recalls in the first year. Took cover off this year and MORE leaks - SEVERAL this time. So disappointed and if we have had this many leaks in 2 years I can't imagine what's to come. We are new RV owners but I can't believe all these leak issues are normal for a vehicle only 2 years old! I think I have to recommend staying away from these to anyone thinking of buying!!
- Melissa M, Illinois

2019-05-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24HL View Listings

Thor I wanted to write a note to your company to tell you how satisfied I am with the people and product that they turned out for me. From the moment Thor contacted me on my complaint it was handled in a expeditious and professional manner by your representative Jason Treadway. The repair team I work with was led by Brian who kept me informed throughout the process. The team went beyond my expectations. The motorhome went in for one problem a leak in the roof which cause the floor to the degrade but while being worked on if they encountered another problem they repaired it. I am truly thankful and will pass on my my observations to my fellow RV people. Thank you Tim and Karen McCarthy
- Timothy McCarthy, Florida

2019-03-19 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Nothing but good things to say about this RV! Drives like an SUV, and the extra deep, full-wall slide makes it feel like a MUCH bigger unit when camping. I know a lot of people have a bad time buyimg new, but our 24F has had zero defects at 15,000 miles and a year and a half of enjoying it. Much better fit for us than one of the big class a units (which we had before) that are hard to maneuver.
- Joe Provenzano , Texas

2019-03-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Best vehicle I've ever owned. DRIVING: Easy to drive (after getting a proper front-end alignment) handles like a big SUV. CAMPING: Very easy to park, setup the RV and start a campfire in under 15 minutes! MECHANICAL: Flawless performance and no major issues. Only a few very minor issues and easily remedied by myself with factory support on the phone talking me thru it - easy-peasy!
- Joe Provenzano, Texas

2019-02-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

I truly feel this is the worst purchase we have ever made. This motorhome has been in the shop more than in our driveway. Sloppy work from work staples not set. The batteries never had the acid packs put in. Gages, speakers auto start for the generator not wired. Inverter has been replaced 4 times. The dash radio has been replaced twice. Now we've got water damage because weather stripping was not installed right. And caulking was sloppy. The flooring was lifting up first time out. AC has never worked. Every time we take it out there's issues. We will never buy anything build by Thor again. Or buy from General RV again. A lot of the issue could of been fixed 1st time in shop. But instead they would bandaid things. And then lie about fixing things.
- Carol jennings, Utah

2018-09-23 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

Worst financial decision we've ever made. Have owned for 3 months, in the shop for 1.5 months. Cabinet arm broken, outside stencils terrible, window screens broken, driver side power mirror wouldn't work(wired incorrectly), rearview camera not working properly and finally, one of our power jacks had a sheared pin and couldn't work. Now after a month and a half, we on our first trip. Really great experience! Very bad water leak under the refrigerator, first time we've had water on the system. Turns out the Ice Maker is leaking. Water all over the floor, so bad was leaking through the floor. Now, my wife just took our first shower and it will not drain. Again, new leak from under the shower and water is now backing up through the kitchen sink.
- Gayle & Cathy Shaw, Indiana

2018-09-21 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

This is my 4th motor home. It has been mire problems than the other 3 put together. It would be great if everything worked as it should but so far there has been at least a dozen problems in the 2 years I have owned it. From electrical to water leaks. I can hardly wait to get rid of it. I think biggest problems are caused by poor workmanship.
- Jerry Roberts, Illinois

2018-09-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

This has been a pleasure to travel in. When we first got it the shower leaked but the manufacturer had neglected to chalk around the bottom so the dealer fixed it and it has not leaked since. The radio and right door speaker were replaced by Thor as they were under warranty. Everything works good in the unit and I have I have been well pleased with it. I really like the way it handles on the road and with the rear camera you can monitor your tow vehicle very well.
- Ron King , Alabama

2018-07-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 26B View Listings

Highly recommend. Particularly love the backup and size mirror cameras. Very easy to drive, park, setup and store. Best combination of size, power/torque and comfort. Size perfect for parking at almost all parks, including the National Parks which tend to have campgrounds which will not accommodate 30’+ rigs. Would definitely buy again.
- Nanette, Illinois

2018-06-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

i should of had my head checked before i got this rv we have had trouble every time we have had it out water leake 5 cabnets fell apart doors not staying closed locks on the cabnets falling off battery going dead because of bad switch hot water not working fridge not working while going down the road food in freezer getting soft we have to many things to write about and the company does not call back after saying they would jamie rieks remember that name head checked now
- dexter barrows, Illinois

2018-03-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 35SK View Listings

Biggest regret I have ever had is buying this M.H., Can't us much due to poor workmanship. It has 7800 miles and had to have repairs of some sort every trip. Trips are 600 miles or less. If someone is considering M.H. I would advise some other brand.
- Mike Williams, Texas

2018-02-01 2015 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31L View Listings

This RV has been very reliable traveling on our excursions. Plenty of room for the kids and very comfortable with our upgraded queen size mattress. We especially enjoyed sitting around the campfire and watching our outdoor TV. Plenty of storage space inside and out. With our Blue Ox Towing Package, we were able to hookup and unhook our vehicle in minutes. Towing the vehicle was a breeze, especially with our rear observation camera.
- Gerry Martin, Florida

2017-12-01 2004 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 33SW View Listings

I have be very pleased with my 2004 Windsport. It drivers like a dream. It is now for sale because I am buying a Family home in AZ and am done with traveling. It has been reliable, comfortable to drive and live in. I'm proud of this 2004 Windsport...THOR is one of the most popular selling RVs....despite some of the reviews I have read...They seem just complainers and negative thinkers.
- Larry J. Nygren, Nevada

2017-10-24 2005 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 34N View Listings

The biggest feature this unit has going for it is livability. We have never felt confined or challenged for space even when living in the rig for months at a time. The three slides offer comfortable living space as well as privacy with a separate bedroom with its own TV. Creature comforts abound with AC, convection oven, built-in vacuum cleaner, double sink, a couch and a recliner and a full 7ft high ceiling.
- Roger Morin, Florida

2017-10-18 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31L View Listings

Awful. Doors to outside bays are all crooked. Backsplash over stove was put up with cheap double-sided tape and fell off before we even got it home from dealer. Radio died, fuse blew after two weeks. Headboard on bed pulled away from wall in less than 6months and cupboard in bathroom won't stay closed. We owned a Winnabago for 13 years and never had this many things go bad in that entire time. Our dealer has been fair, but we would never consider a Thor product again
- CJ Schwartz, Maryland

2017-10-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 22E View Listings

I would not recommend, we bought ours brand new and for lack of a better word "lemon". The awning, AC, radio, backup camera, and exterior lights all stopped working before we hit 2500 miles. General quality of some trim and cabinetry work is extremely poor. One cabinet shelf over the sink won't even rest on the adjustable pegs because it is so off square. The entry door shock is bowing the bottom of our door out. Warranty is looking into it and the dealer has been decent so far but the diagnosis has been three months at least pull the dash and to fix all the wiring issues. All this and we have only owned it for 5 months, NEW off the lot. That being said, the redeeming qualities would definitely be the lay out which is great for the space. Also, before everything stopped working it was extremely user friendly. Hopefully our dealer and warranty continue to be decent, but I would feel bad for someone in our shoes with poor dealer and warranty support.
- Amanda & Doug, Vermont