Thor Motor Coach Four Winds Reviews on RV Insider (55)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Four Winds RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Zhanna Stinson from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

Recently we bought a brand new 2016 Thor Motor home. I deeply regret purchasing it because of its poor quality. 1) On the second day after purchasing it, the generator completely stopped working. It took us a while before a specialist could see it. They are very busy. 2) the awning shock on on side didn't work properly. We had to take it to another specialist to replace the whole side. 3) the wallpaper on the ceiling and other places is not glued neatly. Looks terrible. 4) the rubber strips at the front steps don't even match creating a huge gap. All junk keeps getting stuck there. 5) we found a big cut on the roof. They fixed the cut but I'm not sure if it's gonna work. I've been told we should replace the entire roof, the cut patch will not last long. We'll see. My list can keep going on and on. Next week we have to take it to the dealer again to fix other manufacture's defects. We've been spending a lot of time, nerves and fuel money trying to fix it. It's just not fair to us. We've worked hard for our money. Now, I feel like we won't be able to sell it for the money we bought it for. I mailed the complaint form to the Thor department however my case seems to be frozen. I haven't heard from them for over a month. After all, our RV has some things which are not safe. For example, the hot water is super hot (140 degrees) but the thermostat is not adjustable/changeable. We have to remember to turn on the cold water first in order not to get burnt. The bunk doesn't even have a boarding net. I'm always afraid that my child can fall out of it and get injured. I was willing to buy any kind of net to make a boarder, however Thor doesn't even carry it. In other words, I wouldn't recommend to buy a Thor RV. Very bad quality. They don't care about their customers. I guess the Thor's Quality department doesn't do their job. It looks nice and fancy at the first sight, but don't buy it as you'll notice its poor quality later on. I hope my experience will help you to make a right decision.
- Zhanna Stinson, California

2020-08-26 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31Y View Listings

Have had this unit for 3 summers. Bought it brand new. Had some minor issues which the dealer fixed under warranty the first year. Then at the beginning of year 2 we had some electrical issues, of course the warranty was done, so the bad wiring was in our tab. This summer, we were washing the unit when the trim on the unit next to the passenger side door fell off and rotten wood fell out, reached up inside and more came out, called the factory. Then are claiming it’s due to owner’s lack of maintenance. Mind you, this unit has 8500 miles on it and has been in indoor storage when not being used. The unit has been used less than 10 trips. I am still waiting for a call back from the customer service supervisor. There is no way this lack of maintenance. The trim fell off- there were no screws holding it on! Very disappointed with Thor’s handling of this issue on a unit with under 10,000 miles!
- Denise Cornelius, Michigan

2020-08-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Totally fell in love with the floor plan of this unit. Still love that aspect. Totally disappointed with the lack of service. Because of Covid, they overcharge for disinfecting the unit before they will do anything. Then of course, every single item on my unit that needs fixed is not a warranty issue. Imagine that! Flooring bubbles 4 inches high. Battery screwed after only 2000 Kms, not their problem. Slide leaking, user problem. The list was endless. But!!!! We will repair all your issues for $160 an hour after we charge you to sanitize first and also leave it here for 3-4 days and five back 2 hours to pick it up. Very poor customer service from the dealership!!
- Debbie Wood, Alberta

2020-08-13 2020 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

Thi is about the worst motor vehicle dealership I have ever done business with. Rather difficult to access, and when I arrived at noon for my 1 pm appointment, there was almost no room to park my rig. The service department is closed for lunch hour, so no one to ask where I can park. Only place to wait was a tiny “customer lounge” at the back of the store. Four straight chairs and a coffee pot. Because of Covid we were hesitant to wait there, with customers and staff coming and going, but the only other place was outside in the 100 degree heat. Our service man, Scott, was terrible. He began by telling me what a great favor he was doing for my Florida dealership by giving them an appointment for us to perform a recall that my Florida dealer had failed to do. Then, when I Tried to explain our Battery problem that our Florida dealer told us the recall would fix, he blew me off and used high pressure to sell me a great solar system for $ 2200. I asked if he could just test the batteries to see if they were bad, as Thor Service had suggest was probably our issue, but he said not enough to time to do that, despite saying he did have enough time to install the large and heavy solar panels atop our coach, plus all the new wiring, etc., and enough time to do a $100 oil and filter change on our generator. After I said I thought we might need two new batteries, due to the rig having sat in the Florida sun for over a year and because they simply would not hold a charge, and After I rejected the solar system, he grudgingly agreed to test the batteries. Sure enough, they were both bad, and we needed two new ones. He charged us $500 for them, installed. We had no choice so we paid it.
- James Keeney, California

2020-08-01 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

We bought ours new. And it has been a headache with electrical problems. And camping world here in new Braunfels Texas their service is horrible. If it wasn't for our excellent credit I would go park it in there Parking lot and walk away.
- Marty, Texas

2020-07-10 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 22E View Listings

Bought used with 10,000.00 miles. Chevy platform. You can get gas in it. Thor said its chevy's problem and chevy said its thor's. Reality is I guess it is now mine. As you look at the decor you are amazed. Till you open a draw. There is zero finish yes raw wood used as drawer boxes. How much crap is that going to absorb. Roof is starting to bubble. Motor homes take a tremendous amount of care.I do it myself. Every time I go to maintain something it makes me sick to see the lack of pride that went into building whatever I am fixing. For example the shower surround cut to the pan looks like it was hacked in with a chainsaw. Installed a spare tire hanger. I noticed lower panels just cut. No sealer no trim just fn raw. The whole side will delmanate if not attended to. I'm interested in a new Axis or Vegas but just can't trust the thor brand. I had confidence in the purchase. All the major rental companies use Thor. I thought for Quality. I was wrong. Cost is the reason. If you buy Thor Four Winds.Your going to have to hire someone to go through it and complete it. Everyone from sales to assembly to management should be ashamed to label this American made If this is American craftsmanship I am forever buying CHINA.
- MdMcduffee, California

2020-07-05 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31L View Listings

I love this RV. It has the Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer and upgraded front anti-sway bar installed and drives like a dream! It also has a Blue Ox tow bar system and tows my Jeep Grand Cherokee with no effort.
- Dennis, Massachusetts

2020-05-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31E Bunkhouse View Listings

Worst RV we’ve ever owned. 1st trip out slide got stuck out And we had to drive to mechanic with it out and it has been down hill since then. 1st year owned it was in the shop for the first 6 months with issue after issue. We obviously bought a lemon. From wiring not being grounded right (could have caught the whole thing on fire) according to RV mechanic who showed us where the whole plug in melted, slide wasn’t lined up on tracks right, cabinet screws stripped, jack just decided to drop while driving, curtains on backwards, on and on and on. 2 years later can’t even sell it our trade it in and it’s still problem after problem. 82,000 dollars down the drain.
- Cienna Novosel, Colorado

2020-03-07 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

We purchased the Class C RV used from a dealer who gets them from a company that rents them out. We wish we had shopped around more. We had a nicer trailer, but wanted a Class C so we can take it when we go Jeeping. The quality of this RV is mediocre and limited inside storage. The passenger seat would be fine for someone under 5' tall and cannot be reclined or moved back. The shower is about 18" above the floor and the toilet is on a pedestal. The shower door does not have any sort of latch and does not close properly, so water sprays all over the bathroom floor. The bedroom is small and we have to slide the mattress off the bed to reach the top to replace bedding. There is a large window above the bed, which is bright and can be chilly. We will be replacing this soon.
- Pento, California

2019-11-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 26B View Listings

This model doesn't disappoint - great balance between interior layout and driveability. Fit and finish is better than OK, and of course there's always something to touch up. The real problem is in the front RV body panels: the front wing panels are ordinary plywood, open to the weather (and road slash) under the rig, and rotted out (total delamination) in the first two years because the edges aren't sealed and left open to road spray. Saved the panels through infusion of epoxy resin (much labor), but this is a significant design flaw. Of course Thor isn't interested in the problem. If you want to keep your Four Winds more than a couple years, check the lower 12 inches of your plywood front panels and get them sealed!
- Gary Glick, Virginia

2019-11-04 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Like the RV but I feel there are a few simple things that need improvement. Easy way and better instruction on how to winterize the RV. Better shower door, it always leaks! Windows over the head of the bed not smart for winter camping, cold and drafty.
- Robert Taylor , Georgia

2019-10-30 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

We bought an 2018 Thor Four Winds and love it. We have taken a few shorter trips and it travels well with our three dogs and two adults. We also took a 4000 mile trip out west and it could not have been more dependable. We drove for 5 days in a row and it never gave us any issues and we were comfortable and felt safe. On our trip home it was the same, 5 days in the RV and it was dependable and enjoyable. The only really downside is that the radio does not come through well, but the CD player, either music or audio books are perfect.
- marcia karwas, Michigan

2019-10-02 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

This was an upgrade from our previous unit--also a Class C. There were so many new things to learn about. We never imagined having more than one TV, let alone three! The residential refrigerator was a surprise to see. It is so much larger and even has an ice maker. Our first long trip was 1800+ miles for a week and it handled everything beautifully. It wouldn't be for sale if it weren't for cancer/chemo/radiation treatments taking my energy away.
- Glenn, Kansas

2019-09-28 2011 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31B View Listings

This is an awesome machine! Great for families! There are plenty of sleeping areas. A family of 8 can sleep easily without modifying the dinette. The Ford V10 allows for easy driving and plenty of powers. The Class C chassis drives like a smaller vehicle.
- Seth Stockmeister, Ohio

2019-08-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 35SM View Listings

This has been the worst experience ever. We bought this coach in September 2017 and it has spent more time in the shop than in our possession. The Ford chassis has been fantastic, but everything done by Thor is of poor quality. Failures include: Levelers (8x) Slides, awning, radio (4x), floating floor (really), ice maker, inverter, and structural issues with panels bulling away and leaks. and those are just the highlights. It got to a point that Thor agreed to take the unit back to the factory to replace the entire back wall and reattach the overhead sleeper. Months later when I finally got it back, it cracked again after 1 trip and is leaking badly. Now both Thor and the warranty I paid $5k for crawled away and is leaving me with this issue. I couldn't recommend Thor to build anything. Pure Garbage.
- Joe Berrer, Alabama

2019-08-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 35SM View Listings

In one year of ownership have had rv in repairs for 6+ months. Have experienced about 55 different issues (some twice). Poorly designed and poorly built. Do not recommend. Neither Thor or retailer (camping World) is responsive in corporate headquarters. Issues include: roof leaks, table poorly constructed, broken bench (caused injury to wife), broken window dressing, when driving things fall off the bulkheads. Floor squeaks, refrigerator doesn’t make ice and works only on electric power (thus no dry camping). Cabin is too big and heavy for the chassis and has begun to separate. Broken steps flooring comes up from behind the passengers seat. Can’t park in a 30 amp spot. Needs 50 amps to run both ACs. Slide out broken. Have only been able to use this rv 4 times in first year and then it must go to repair shop for corrections to various issues. Vehicle is in repair shop now to fix 17 issues. Wouldn’t recommend this rv.
- William Hagins , Oregon

2019-08-03 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

I purchased my 2016 Thor Four Winds 28Z motor home used in 2017. I love the layout and quality of the furnishings. It drive like a dream and is very comfortable for the driver as well as the passengers. The inside storage space in the kitchen area is a little tight but acceptable and I wish there was a little more head at the bathroom sink. I have been on three big trips since I purchased this unit and I have no complaints.
- James Behan, Missouri

2019-07-27 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

I love my RV! Everything about it is exciting. The layout is perfect for three to four adults and the grand kids to. The unit is easy to keep clean and always looks nice. The best driving motor home I have driven and comfortable. It is easy to forget you should get up and move around every couple of hours, you just get lost in the comfort and passing scenery. The rear exterior storage is second to none, you get at everything from both sides and the rear. The only thing I would like to see the manufacturer do is raise the mirror cabinet over the sink in the bathroom to provided a little more head space, brushing your teeth and rinsing can be a bit challenging.
- James Behan, Missouri

2019-07-22 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 23U View Listings

The air conditioning pours from the inside when it rains. The top of the stove came off and disconnected the burners.The microwave fell out of the wall. Many of the plastic moldings on the outside came off and some on the inside have cracked. Most of the locks do not work well. Cannot use key to come into the side door and the paint on the living quarters has faded unevenly. And the handling on the road is unstable. I am truly disappointed with this vehicule.will definateley not buy another one.
- Susan burnett, New York

2019-06-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 26B View Listings

BUYER BEWARE! Bought brand new 6 weeks ago so far we've experienced electrical completely redone, generator failure twice, awning not working, grey tank water pipe cracked, radio replaced all BEFORE we even took it on our first camping trip. We went one day and discovered the grey tank pipe cracked and awning not working for the second time. No help from Thor or the one authorized dealer in our area. It's been a nightmare experience!!
- Kim Seguin, Michigan

2019-06-16 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

So many issues, hot water heater, worked for a short time, now not at all. DVD player can't connect to the internet. You have to have the ignition on and park break to level RV. No step by step instructions at the control panel. The dash is the same on my 1991 RR, every vehicle in the world has digital speedometer, but not this one. No help from the dealership or from Thor. I'm out camping and these issues that should have been checked , weren't. And the best that they could say is new RVs need to work out the bugs. Very comforting. We bought new so we didn't have to worry about these issues, I know my GMC Hornet made in 1991 would have worked. So what are these fancy features really worth?
- Bert White , Alberta

2019-06-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 30D View Listings

Bought it used when it was 6 months old and 3200 miles.Owned it a year now.Just did a 2500 mile trip from Florida to Ohio.I will give the good and the bad about this unit. On the good side, drives great, rides good, good power in the mountains, MPG at 65MPH with cab air and generator running ranged between 7 to 10MPG. Lots of storage. Lots of room with the sides out. Now the bad,with the sides in it is hard to get around in the unit, The furniture is very poor quality especially the couch. Already looking to replace it. Kitchen drain has had leaking problem since the plumbing slides with the slide.( 400.00 repair at the dealer.) Poor air flow with 15,000 btu in the rear of unit (hard to cool in Florida in summer) poor heat flow in bedroom but hasn't been a issue. Front cap gel coat fading.( I buff the hole unit out twice a year ). Other minor issues that all motorhome owners face. I tell people all the time when they ask if they should buy a motorhome, my reply is preventive maintenance is key, if your not handy about fixing most problems on your own owning a motorhome is not for you. My future plans for this unit is to replace the furniture and add a second air unit in the back. My opinion on Thor is they are no better or worst than other manufacturers. All have issues! I recommend buying from a small independent dealer and stay away from chain dealers. You will have a better service experience when needed.
- Charles, Florida

2019-06-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

We purchased our Thor Motorcoach in Feb. 2017 - brand new. First time out we had a major leak in the roof at the back of the RV and heater did not work (had to have a part replaced). 2 recalls in the first year. Took cover off this year and MORE leaks - SEVERAL this time. So disappointed and if we have had this many leaks in 2 years I can't imagine what's to come. We are new RV owners but I can't believe all these leak issues are normal for a vehicle only 2 years old! I think I have to recommend staying away from these to anyone thinking of buying!!
- Melissa M, Illinois

2019-05-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24HL View Listings

Thor I wanted to write a note to your company to tell you how satisfied I am with the people and product that they turned out for me. From the moment Thor contacted me on my complaint it was handled in a expeditious and professional manner by your representative Jason Treadway. The repair team I work with was led by Brian who kept me informed throughout the process. The team went beyond my expectations. The motorhome went in for one problem a leak in the roof which cause the floor to the degrade but while being worked on if they encountered another problem they repaired it. I am truly thankful and will pass on my my observations to my fellow RV people. Thank you Tim and Karen McCarthy
- Timothy McCarthy, Florida

2019-03-19 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Nothing but good things to say about this RV! Drives like an SUV, and the extra deep, full-wall slide makes it feel like a MUCH bigger unit when camping. I know a lot of people have a bad time buyimg new, but our 24F has had zero defects at 15,000 miles and a year and a half of enjoying it. Much better fit for us than one of the big class a units (which we had before) that are hard to maneuver.
- Joe Provenzano , Texas