Thor Motor Coach Daybreak RVs Reviews (10)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Daybreak RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Sharon Moire from Florida says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Daybreak RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2013 Thor Motor Coach Daybreak 32HD View Listings

Worse motor home ever!!! Have had nothing but problems from first trip forward. Jacks wouldn't work, trim flies off while driving down road. Multiple leaks in over head compartments and ceiling in coach. Paint peeling. Thor did replace the jacks after a long constant problem. They won't stand behind the paint problem. The radio stopped working within 2 years, they would not replace. Would never recommend this coach to anyone
- Sharon Moire, Florida

2019-07-22 2019 Thor Motor Coach Daybreak 22GOC View Listings

I bought a 2019 Thor Daybreak 22 GOC from (I think) the biggest chain dealer out there. The design and functionality is great, but the workmanship/assembly is shoddy. Of course, you won't find this out until you get it down the road away from the dealer. I have dealt with several small issues the first two weeks I've had the unit. Although I was able to deal with them myself, I'm wondering what big issues are going to arise because of the lack of quality control. And, to this date, I still don't have working keys to the coach door and deadbolt locks. I wish I could have bought this unit at a location close to me. I would be camped out in their parking lot until they got the bugs worked out. Unfortunately, this dealer chain doesn't have standardized pricing, so the dealers end up competing with each other. I drove over 8 hours to save over 4,000 dollars. Not an issue for me, but I guess the dealers close to me were hoping it would be an issue. The personnel at the dealer I bought from are nice and helpful people, but they really didn't know as much as they needed to about this unit. They knew more than I did when I bought it, but I'm quickly catching up to their level of expertise. Mine has the Chevy 4500 series chassis, and I preferred it over the Ford 450. I'm not a fan of the V10 Ford or the Ford automatic transmission. The V10 is a noisy engine. The V10 Ford has more torque, but the 6 liter Chevy has more horsepower. At 60 mph on flat ground with no headwind, it will stay in high gear and give you double digit fuel economy. Even when it has to drop a gear on a slight incline, it will still give you 9mpg. However, on a longer RV, or pulling a heavy trailer or vehicle, I would have to go with the Ford. I've had this unit out on 3 trips now, and I'm still in the process of going over it with a microscope. I won't know how good the warranty support is until I run into something I will have to take it in for. The fact that Thor and the dealer can't seem to get me a set of working keys to the coach is not doing much for my confidence in their product support. I'm hoping that someone out their can turn me on to the best extended warranty/maintenance plan. I might need it.
- Steve Conroy, Texas

2017-04-01 2013 Thor Motor Coach Daybreak 27PD View Listings

Bought this coach new. Have had nothing but problems. Evert time we went on a trip the Jacks would not work. After many times they finally replaced system. The radio/back up camera stopped working within 1.5 yesrs. They would not fix it. Now the paint is blistering and peeling, and of course Thor will not stand behind it. Have had multiple leaks in front of motor home. The electric plugs keep burning out. Have had the electric system checked by camping world they of course can't find the problem. Worse experience ever. Would never buy another Thor coach and would never recommend it to anyone.
- David Moore , Florida

2017-03-03 2013 Thor Motor Coach Daybreak 34XD View Listings

Thor Motor Coach has become much more interested in quantity over quality. The design and layout is excellent and the main reason we choose our 2013 Thor 34KD when we sold our 2006 Winnebago. Winnebago quality is so much more dependable and we regret our choice in manufacters. The Ford F53 chassis and engine is a must for Class A gas coaches but if you buy Thor you be repairing and replacing parts everytime out.
- Mike Shanley, Utah

2017-02-22 2013 Thor Motor Coach Daybreak 32HD View Listings

This is a great coach for a couple. It does sleep at least 4 adults and possibly a couple of small children. What we like the most about this coach is it's capacitys, fresh water 100 gal., Large black
- JoeB , Florida

2016-07-11 2013 Thor Motor Coach Daybreak 34BD View Listings

Beware.2013 owners.front end dash..we only had 3 short screws holding on the dash to the fire wall.screws broke.4 screws broke on side wall supports.causing life threatening issues.windshield could pop out.poor manufacturering.THOR REFUSED TO STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT
- Dave Nijak, Ohio

2016-05-15 2013 Thor Motor Coach Daybreak 28PD View Listings

The 2013 Daybreak 28pd has a 200" sheep base, which is longer than almost all other Class A coaches of this size. Thus the Daybreak 28pd is extremely stable going down the road, and with the addition of a heavier sway bar and the Blue Ox Tru-Center steer, it handles superbly. Wind or 18 wheelers seldom affect it. We tow a 2015 Subaru Forester and it is hardly noticed. We have had only two minor Manfacturer's Warranty recalls, both of which involved the entry step system, and both were taken care of quickly. The overall quality of our Daybreak has been very much above average with only a few easily remedied, minor challenges. The 28pd floor plan is one of the most livable you will find in this size of a Class A Motorhome. Almost everything inside is available with the slides in, and with the slides out it is very spacious. In a campground, the table between the two front captain's chairs is very convenient for computer work or writing, while leaving the main table free for dining. We have ducted air in the living area as well as in the bedroom. The two air conditioners have separate controls. As a general rule we have only had to use the living area air conditioner to cool the entire coach. We found the furnace more than adequate, when we camped in below zero weather. The kitchen has an extremely large countertop, a microwave and a 3 burner range with an oven. The refrigerator is relatively large but most importantly, space in the freezer is arranged in such a way that you can store a gallon of ice cream or a small pizza -- which is impossible in any other RV freezers. The kitchen storage is amazing, with a double door pantry providing space for a tall carafe, canister set, or crock pot, as well as dishes and glassware. There is also a double door linen closet by the bathroom which has the shower on one side of the RV and the lavatory and stool on the other side. The bedroom has a queen bed, and with the slide out, there is plenty of room to move around. However, we have also had to use the bedroom without utilizing the bedroom slide, and while tight, this is possible. Three clothes closets are also a plus, as is a great amount of other storage space in drawers, overhead bins and under the bed storage. There is also a generous amount of exterior storage, which includes two pass through storage areas.
- Don, Kansas

2015-09-26 2014 Thor Motor Coach Daybreak 34XD View Listings

2014 slide out broke, would not open or close, hot water tank quit less then 6000 miles, thor responce to there product didn't even care to listen, it's not under warranty not there prblem
- leroy Hunton, Florida

2014-12-18 2013 Thor Motor Coach Daybreak 34D View Listings

Excellent floor plan, however, the quality of the Thor Daybreak was insufficient and or lacking. Experience mechanical or workmanship problems over and over again. Would have been an excellent RV if quality time was put in building it.
- Darryl Wright, North Carolina