Thor Motor Coach Compass RVs Reviews (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Compass RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Dave Akins from New York says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Compass RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Compass 23TR View Listings

I've read a number of negative reviews about the Compass. Some have been constructive and helpful, and some have simply been vindictive. Now, I'm throwing my counter point into this ring, with a different perspective about the Compass and about RV ownership. On the Ford side of this equation, our Compass has been a home run. We love the Transit's smooth ride and the diesel's power and breaking when driving through the mountains. Fuel economy has been in the 13-14 mpg range consistently. It's a breeze to park, the transmission in manual mode is very helpful down steep inclines, the AC easily handles the nastiest summer heat and our bony asymmetrical senior citizen rears are not fatigued after hours of driving in it. We've had No issues, whatsoever. On the Thor side, it's also been very good and the rig is precisely what I expected it to be. I've owned several trailers and boats and I've scratch built and restored more than a few, so I understand how these things are built and why they are affordable for the average guy or gal to buy, and I haven't had one negative surprise yet with the Compass. Yes, I've zip tied wire harnesses under the coach, fixed a mud flap issue, re-set a few of the cabinet doors and tightened up 50 screws. Yes, I've removed ceiling AC vents and vac'd out the Styrofoam particles, I've traced a screwy ckt to a defective fuse block holder, and I've replaced an HDMI cable that was badly routed under the chassis by the factory. When I've called Thor, they have been responsive and accurate. > It's no big deal < That's a good attitude to have when you own any RV because it's a bucket of bolts that moves in formation down the highway, and sooner or later you're going to need a tool kit and a book to find the loose ones. Or plan on writing checks. I didn't pay six figures for it and I didn't expect it to be flawless, nor do I drive back to the dealer every time it squeaks. If you're looking to buy a RV, then by all means do your homework and download a check list and plan on spending a half-day or more inspecting it. But also be realistic about how these things are made and priced affordably and be prepared to do some basic maintenance on it. Try to keep your high expectations in check, and just learn to enjoy the work as part of the whole RV "thing". You might as well, because you won't escape it. The rest of my efforts on our Compass have been focused entirely on making fun improvements to it and tricking it out with electronics, communications gear and making some of its systems easier to work with. Right now I'm building a custom cargo carrier with 18 sq' of stowage and a slide out BBQ grill. Then I'm doing a makeover for better hose storage with faster hook ups. So I'm really quite satisfied with my informed purchase. It's a helluva a lot of fun, it's very reliable, it's affordable, we get compliments on it everywhere we go, it allows us to spend more time together and it all performs quite well. And that's what this is all about, getting out, enjoying a slice of life and getting home safely.
- Dave Akins, New York

2019-06-26 2018 Thor Motor Coach Compass 23TR View Listings

So many things have gone wrong with our motorcoach I am so dissatisfied and really upset. I feel that this company makes motorcoach with shoddy workmanship and then just passes it on the consumer we have a problem with our water trim falling off,slideout broken 3 times. have spent more time getting it fixed than on vacation. also trying to get an appointment to get your unit fixed is nearly impossible we had to wait 3 weeks one time an 19 days another. I want to cry. I feel we wasted so much of are hard earned money on this lemon. I really like the layout but the workman ship is so bad. no one wants to help at Thor because they can't because there is no one has any control. I know no one cares about our issues and writing this isn't going to help get my motorcoach fixed.
- bridget Davies , Wisconsin

2018-09-06 2018 Thor Motor Coach Compass 23TB View Listings

First the good, I absolutely love the Ford Transit HD 350 Turbo Diesel chassis. We have averaged 17 mpg overall and have driven through mountains with no trouble keeping up with traffic. The bad, Thor Motorcoach has by far the worst build quality I have ever experienced. We have had cabinet doors fall off, drawer bottoms fall out, blockage in one of the heat ducts that appears to be a bent piece of sheet metal, water pump and lines plugged by what appears to be plastic shavings from drilling holes in the holding tank, gray and black tank drain handles were switched, tank heaters are falling off, and there was a birds nest of wires hanging under the chassis. Next time it'll be back to the guys in Forrest City!
- Robert, Indiana

2018-04-12 2017 Thor Motor Coach Compass 23TR View Listings

We have had a lot of problems with our coach. It has been in the shop more than with us. In part due to dealer's poor process for warrenty work. We have owned 5 RV’s over the last 25 years and this is the worst for quality. Now it is out of warranty and we still have problems we will be paying for. You are told to take the coach to Ford for engine problems but most won’t work on a motor home. Not a unit I would recommend to any one.
- Rita Harshman, Idaho