Thor Motor Coach Class C Reviews on RV Insider (347)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bonnie R. from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

We bought this motorhome brand new off the lot from dealerin Burlington, WA. We are on our first trip and as soon as it rained, water poured from around the closed vent near the stove & soaked the floor around the seating area and ran down toward the cab. Finally stopped raining & all was well while it wasn’t raining. Came back into Wash with a downpour and water gushed in from under the seating area only. 5 large swim towels later & it is still coming out. Very disappointed in the quality. Thought Thor would be a good choice. Handles well & everything else is working but this horrible leak has us terrified & the horror stories about Thor warranty work isn’t helping.
- Bonnie R., Washington

2021-04-11 2013 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31A View Listings

have owned this RV for 8 years, has been very reliable. minimal maintenance aside from scheduled. the best thing about it is the floor plan with the two slide outs and the bunks. prefect for a large family. can sleep up to 10 with 8 very comfortably. lots of room and open feel when the slides are out. Drives very well. even at 32 feet long it seems very maneuverable.
- Ryan, California

2021-04-09 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I have camped for 45 years from tent to motor home. This model is very good for camping. Gglampers need a bigger rig with a fire place. Heated recliner and the works. Ford F-350 is very powerful v10 and handles well. Bed is comfortable. Dinette is good and bath is big for size of vehicle. Good luck campers !!!!!😀😀
- Chris, New Jersey

2021-04-04 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Overall quality is poor. I've had issues with the slides, cabinets and radio. For the price range the chassis is on the low end as well only has one lighter adapter and lacks power mirrors. It does Drive good has good power and tows good as well. I would not recommend this unit do anybody for the price range. I have contacted the factory Representatives on a couple of occasions they are super professional and helpful. But still would not recommend this unit.
- JD, Arizona

2021-03-31 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RS26 View Listings

My husband and I love this RV. WE lived in our coach for 10 months. Now we use for pleasure. Our coach allows for winter usage, with heated tanks and heated mirrors. Traveled in snow one year, no problems. Easy to drive and handle within town or on the highway. Very few minor repairs,and we received same day service while living in the RV. Service dealership was different than where we purchased. Never had any highway road issues. Always reliable. We love the electric sun roof in the bunk area, along with window and fan vent. The pantry storage is great along with the coat, broom, and mop cabinet. Very comfortable to play at top bunk or sleep. Kids loved it also. Thor's Online customer service man, Jason, was great. He was a big help when I was learning about my house batteries. Highly recommend.
- Gina Schluneker, Georgia

2021-03-31 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RC25 View Listings

This RV is our 4th. This model has the full length slide which makes the interior look like a Class A when it is out. It is short enough to qualify for most parks) Important for lots of National and St. Parks. The Quantum series is noted for its quality and good looks. This is our 2nd small Thor. We put over 50k miles on our 2003 with only minor issues. Basically, if a car fits in the parking space this RV will too. It Handle's very well. My wife is the sole driver. Gas milage poor at avg of 8mpg. It is a Ford so service avail all over U.S. and Canada. Plenty power for towing, even in mountains.
- Pete, Florida

2021-03-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I've written on here before - recalls, no parts to fix ESC etc BUT the main issue? being told it was a new 2019 - the actual engine is 2017 We would've never purchased it...two years depreciation driving away in our newRV! Very hard lesson - no where was 2017 written on paperwork - we felt cheated and totally violated And still can't drive it due to no part to fix it Purchased Camping World Redding CA - They are not a worthy seller as the truth escapes them
- Ruth Kurpinsky, California

2021-03-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

This Rv has been a nightmare! So regret. buying a Thor! It has leaked from shower and water appears in front of fridge. water comes out from under bed. Leveling constant trouble. Got stuck in up position one time and had to call mobile Rv to get down! Fridge quit, and had to replace! Ice maker does not work on new fridge after replacement! Leather flakes and peels after 3 years, horrible! Have replaced cushions on dinette and now replacing couch! Radio stops working and replaced said it had wiring shorts! Still problems with new replacement radio!B zone speakers no longer works! Bedroom in back is so tight, and uncomfortable. Tv on outside already has two lines running down screen. In shop for at least a year if totalled up all shop trips! Awning led lights already almost all burned out, short lifespan for led's! Six words for you, cheap, cheap, cheap, run, run, run!
- Timothy Lanier, Texas

2021-03-16 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 29G View Listings

A few tweeks on this RV and we love it. We added Big Foot Automatic leveling system, a steering stabilizer and Bilstein shocks. The layout with the couch across from the TV, the large wardrobe cabinet and the outdoor kitchen and TV sold us. We upgraded the mattress since the original one was not comfortable. It also is JUST under 30' so it fit in our garage. Did not give 5 stars to overall quality because there are always items that need fixed on a new RV. Warranty covered it but took longer than expected. Otherwise we now have an awesome RV we love! Will be selling soon due to health reasons and will really really miss this RV.
- pamweirick, Ohio

2021-03-14 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

Purchased in 2019 80,000$ First recall and now second recall re : ESP rear brakes Can crash AND no parts available to fix it. Covid happened so low mileage We were leaving next week for extended trip Obviously not going RV can not be fixed... Applying for Lemon Law
- Ruth Kurpinsky, California

2021-03-13 2020 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I researched options for 2 years. Rented RV’s, looked at options ranging from pop ups, van conversions, class A’s large and small, and class C’s. In 2019 at the Denver RV show we found a deal on a new Class C, 24’ that fit our needs (and budget). I’m glad I didn’t pass it up. We have no interest in living full time in any RV, regardless of size, full time. I got my RV to explore / camp, be comfortable, off the ground dry, warm or cool, and to have some comforts of home while “camping”. We’ve had the RV for 2 years and haven’t had any problems. The Ford E350 with the Triton V10 is awesome. We live in the Rocky Mountain area so we drive in the mountains often. For the 2 of us and 2 dogs (large) it has worked out perfect for what we bought it for - to have fun.
- T Hanson, Colorado

2021-03-11 2019 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Worst quality I have ever seen on an RV! I full time in my 2019 WS31 Quantum. I have to say it is by far, the worst quality RV I have owned and my first new one. The woodwork and storage drawers, while looking nice doesn't seem to hold anything over a pound before the bottoms fall out! Plus, the drawer rails fall apart! Black water tank issues, because during assembly, they left the debris in the tank. Flooring issues near the holding tanks. Leveling jack issues continue. Most everything I have noticed on this RV has been due to the lack of any QA by Thor! I would expect better QA from this company! I have definitely learned my lesson on Thor products. Never again!
- Tony Nix, Texas

2021-03-11 2016 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 28H View Listings

This motor home is in perfect like new condition. It only has 8,600 miles. It is very easy to drive. I am a 73 year old small lady and I drive, park and set it up. I lost my husband 3 years ago and just don't enjoy camping alone.
- Ruthie Carson, Arkansas

2021-03-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24HL View Listings

......great RV .......many annoying glitches but hey , nothing serious and overall a pleasant , well thought out holiday camper. Planning g a post Covid long haul 6-8 wks and looking forward to making the Four Winds our hi way home ! Especially like the MB chassis and fuel economy!
- William MacPhee, Ontario

2021-03-07 2021 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28A View Listings

Ford makes these chassis’s but doesn’t make replacement parts for them. Very irresponsible! I live in my RV and Ford and Ford Dealer/repair tells me I’ll be homeless for 6 months or more waiting for replacement parts. Would never buy Ford again.
- J Forlizzo, Florida

2021-03-06 2020 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 24SX View Listings

I bought this motorhome, my Mini Gem, in June 2020 at Motor Home Specialists in Alvarado Texas. My only other RV experience was a 3-week rental of a Winnebago Travato earlier in 2020. I have had many small problems and a couple of big problems with my Gemini (Mercedes Benz chassis) since purchase, but I love my motorhome, and am working with Thor to make my Gem everything I hoped it would be when I made the big investment as a 50 recent widow. I need to send out words of praise to Kayla Tee who monitors the Gemini/Compass Facebook group and steps in to offer assistance whenever she feels the group is not completely sufficient in their answers to other owners’ questions. And I especially need to praise Tristen Singleton who has helped me get reimbursement from Thor for defective batteries, other warranty problems that have happened during my travels, and given me some other important answers to questions that have vexed me as a newbie. He promptly answers emails and does research to try to address my issues. I did not feel this way about Thor until I made these two important connections, but as of this day, Kayla and Tristen have made my recent interactions with Thor a very “user friendly” experience, and they have my complete gratitude. I hope the executives at Thor read this review and give Kayla and Tristen big raises and lots of kudos for the goodwill they are generating for Thor by being excellent company representatives.
- Anne Hunt, Virginia

2021-02-21 2018 Thor Motor Coach Citation Sprinter 24SS View Listings

We absolutely love the layout and drive ability of this model. We are a mid60’s couple, but half of the use is our mid30’s daughter, SIL, and their 3 young kids (custom mods to switch one side if dinette for 3P seat with shoulder belts/headrests, but still function as bed at night time. BE AWARE that the unit’s GVWR less it’s actual weight means you have to be very judicious with occupant and cargo load (ROCC). We help that by carrying 1/3 load of fresh water. We have also reduced some weight by taking out 2 of the 3 TVs, taking off the SS wheel covers (they’re going to fly off in time anyway), and packing light as possible. The GCVWR along with the 5,000lb hitch rating allows us to pull a ‘08 Honda CR-V (~3,500lb) as a toad around half the time. We’ve driven this combo from Canadian Rocky Mountains, Wash/Oreg/Calif coast, and the Mercedes V6 diesel manages even the mountain passes just fine. Measured economy averages 16 MP(imperial)G while towing, averaging 110 km/hr. 35,000 km on unit now, and SO happy with the basic unit. The elephant in the room though is the poor Thor build quality. We bought new, and our dealer experience was good, but their warranty would only fix issues to Thor OEM quality, which is poor. Issues included thin poorly-fitted bottoms falling out of drawers, flimsy latches for keeping drawers closed, flimsy mirror panel on vanity, shoddy under-unit wiring dangling haphazardly, loose rear inner fender liners, and several other issues that mean even a brand new unit warrants a careful going-over to make necessary improvements before hitting the road. Comparing experiences with other Thor Citation/Siesta owners on the road seems consistent. The Mercedes machine and the compact C-class concept are unbeatable, but the Thor execution comes across as needing improvement.
- D Bertsch, Alberta

2021-02-20 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Bought new had leaks from roof repaired under warranty by camping world THREE (3) TIMES before getting it right. Then took on trip an sure enough another leak around dinette area and front drivers seat. Camping world could not determine problem. I finally found the leak myself by using a water hose and spraying the RV in 6 foot sections until I found the leak. THE HOT WATER HEATER was never caulked in place and water was running down the side and into the RV under the dinette area. Finally. got it repaired by Camping World after I found the problem and showed the maintenance people luckily it was still under warranty. A year after purchase the third light with backup camera burned out and had to be replaced and now it was out of warranty!!!!! Howevewr, it runs great! and NOW it is as it should have been when it came from the MFGR.
- lbear, New York

2021-02-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

Horrible!!!! Interior problems, flooring has been coming up, side door never has operated properly, moldings around slide out came loose, wallpaper in bathroom came off, outside moldings on slide out came off, all plumbing drain weren’t connected
- David Phelps, California

2021-02-12 2020 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

We love RV-ing and knew that when we got close to retiring we would want one. Wish we'd looked at more reviews before buying. This one has been in the shop more than it's been on the road, and we haven't even had it a year. You name it, it's been broken. The interior walls are flimsy and held onto the frame only by small staples, which pull out. The slide out motor fails, there's a leak from the rain, drawers have broken, sliding door popped out, etc. At least it's still covered by warranty. This week (in the shop for the leak) one of them noticed that we've needed lots of repairs. Glad they finally noticed! We told them this is a lemon.
- Shaunna Howat, California

2021-01-23 2015 Thor Motor Coach Majestic 23A View Listings

2015 Thor Majestic 23A bought from cruise America for $33000. Came as "refurbished" which means they repainted it, changed the fluids and got an state inspection. They try to sugar-coat the process but that's about it. Got it at Cruise America in Manassas VA. It was not cleaned and after you bought it there is no support what so ever, just be aware. So I bought it, went straight to Ford Truck and got it inspected top to bottom. All good except one detail on the rear axle that cost me $80. That was in 2018. Since then we drove (2 kids, the wife and I) about 25000 miles across America and Canada with no issues what so ever. The mechanic is really good (like Ford heavy duty good) and the appliances are original and still 0 problems. Just once I had a burst pipe due to unexpected super freezing temps. Easy to fix though. But don't get me wrong, it cost money to maintain those things even if nothing breaks, every year if you do the maintenance well (the engine fluids, the generator kit, the products to maintain the roof, winterization etc...) It will cost you about $1000 $1500. But remember it is cheaper maintaining than fixing. To sum up: really happy of my used motorhome.
- Chris, Virginia

2021-01-22 2020 Thor Motor Coach Magnitude SV34 View Listings

Nothing but problems from The first time I picked it up. Plumbing all broke from the outdoor kitchen to the shower to the bathroom sink. All the gray water ran out under the coach. All the screws in the front cap and rear cap broken off. I had paint issues from the very beginning that never got fixed. White overspray all over the unit. Also a bunch of little things quality was never addressed in this unit whatsoever. Entry step is a joke. Mobile Eye they never got to work right. Camping world is also a joke they won’t help you with anything. They just put me off until the warranty was gone. I could go on and on I’m just so disappointed in this Motorcoach. What a piece of WORK !!!!
- John kolojaco, Kansas

2021-01-21 2018 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 23TK View Listings

Thor and Camping World of Syracuse NY are of the worst two companies to do business with in the camping industry. We purchased a 2018 thor gemini 23TK new. We have never witnessed such incompetence with a company such as Camping World of Syracuse NY and Thor of Elkhardt Indiana. Right from strong arm tactics to force you to buy duplicate warenty packages, to service people who should be sweeping the floors not fixing coaches. Purchased this half finished piece of shit in December 2017. Zero quality assurance from the bottom side of this unit. Ie: gen exhuast straps not fastend, mud flaps never finished. Wiring just haning, no tie straps, truck tail pipe never tightened... Shortly after the purchase, went out on the first trip 65 days long. Please find the list of discrepancy's this coach demonstrated while on the first experience with it: 1.Slide out topper (Repair Paid for by Dodge's) 2.Refrigerator Door cover scratched CW service 3.Bed slats broken under bed 4.Kitchen sink window screen, broken latches 5.Fresh water tank plastic pipe filings and cut outs, causing 12v pump to cavitate 6.Licence plate holder installation (repaired by Seven O's, paid by Dodge's) 7.Dinette slide out trim re-fastening (repaired by Seven O's, paid by Dodge's) 8.Black water holding tank indicates full within the first week, no change in status 9.Venting issue, grey water tanks, only one is vented? Both valves must b open 10.Generator muffler clamp at manifold rubbing on gen shroud (Dodge paid repr) 11.Generator exh pipe, one screw exit coach 2nd hanger never bolted(Dodge paid repr) 12.Mud flaps bolts not tightened, bolts fell out, replaced. (Dodge paid repr) 13.Truck tail pipe muffler clamp never tightened, nut fell off (Dodge paid repr) 14.Grey
- ElCapitain Superhawk, New York

2021-01-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

For an entry level RV this unit does very well. Handling down the road is car like and it pulls a trailer loaded with a Gator with ease.Fuel economy with the Mercedes diesel is in the 13/14 mpg and will run all day on interstate. The well planned out interior is very livable and I'd recommend it to the couple or small family looking to get away.
- Richard Wheat, Virginia

2021-01-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I had decided to purchase this RV because it has All my bells and whistles. It's So cute! Found a used one at a great price, but after reading all the comments, am petrified to purchase! I can imagine getting stuck somewhere, a senior citizen, and not knowing what, or how to repair anything! First, I feel I will need to find a reliable repair service before purchase! The 22FE is the RV of my dreams, just the right size for me- 24ft, I can't let these comments deter me! Thor and Camping World, u have a beautiful product. Please Honor your warranties and TEACH the service people what they need to know! I am a potential buyer, I Really love this RV! STEP UP, so I can purchase, PLEASE.
- saharajj23, Tennessee