Thor Motor Coach Class C Reviews on RV Insider (304)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bonnie R. from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

We bought this motorhome brand new off the lot from dealerin Burlington, WA. We are on our first trip and as soon as it rained, water poured from around the closed vent near the stove & soaked the floor around the seating area and ran down toward the cab. Finally stopped raining & all was well while it wasn’t raining. Came back into Wash with a downpour and water gushed in from under the seating area only. 5 large swim towels later & it is still coming out. Very disappointed in the quality. Thought Thor would be a good choice. Handles well & everything else is working but this horrible leak has us terrified & the horror stories about Thor warranty work isn’t helping.
- Bonnie R., Washington

2020-10-24 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31E Bunkhouse View Listings

Spacious with full wall slide. Excellent lay out. Tows great 8000lb capacity. Handles well. Great for travel with children. Sleeps 8-10 comfortably. Bathroom and all beds accessible while underway.
- Beth Padgett, North Carolina

2020-10-17 2011 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 28U View Listings

This vehicle has a great living space with slide in, including walk around bed in back. It has lots of underneath and inside storage which is easy to access. It has a privacy door to bedroom and curtain for separating bathroom area, so essentially can be divided into 3 separate areas for privacy. Top bunk may have custom mattress placed over drivers cabin and has privacy curtain also. The u-shaped dinette allows for a bigger sleep space when needed and larger more comfortable eating space or seating for traveling. The floorplan is very comfortable with traveling and sleeping 6 people easily as stated. The length is small enough for those who have never driven an RV and easy to drive. This vehicle is able to fit most RV park lots with a length of 29 foot. It is also easy to tow your car on the back and add bike racks. They do not make this vehicle model any longer unfortunately which makes it a rare find.
- Jessica, Texas

2020-10-14 2014 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31E View Listings

Our family loved the RV experience. My son will be in Afghanistan for a good while, so we have decided to sell it. The RV is in perfect condition. Biweekly, I go and run the generator to make sure it stays in good condition. The leather recliner chairs are new. It has a stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator and freezer. Stand alone shower and TV’s. It can sleep8~10 people.
- JoAnn Robinson, Georgia

2020-10-14 2014 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds View Listings

As a family going on the few trips were an awesome experience for us all. We’ve only had for 2 years. Because my son is in Afghanistan, we just do the routine maintenance on it running the generator every 2 weeks to keep it in tip top condition.
- JoAnn Robinson, Georgia

2020-10-06 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

We purchased a 2021 Magnitude 3 months ago. We were only able to use it once because its been in the shop most of the time. Issues were the front AC. The refrigerator doesn't work. Dealer keeps fixing it but only lasts a week before it goes out again. Door steps getting stuck and doesn't pull back in. Fuel tank takes over 30 minutes plus to fill. We have had to cancel numerous trips and vacations because of these problems. Our motorhome has been at Dixie RV in Breaux Bridge, LA more than it is with us. It has been a very frustrating experience because these problems are not being resolved by the dealer or Thor manufacturer.
- Savann Mok, Louisiana

2020-10-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22B View Listings

We purchased this slightly used in 2017 from Camping World. The buying experience was OK. Our sales person was not knowledgeable about RV's and how they operate but I was so we were able to get through. The deal was great from my perspective. We had a class "A" with numerous problems including a leak that could not be found that was causing damage. We owed a considerable amount of money on it. We got the trade paid off and still got the almost new RV for market price. We are very happy with the 22B. It has had one or two problems with the chassis and coach but nothing serious. Beware of the relays in the Chevy chassis. The don't do well sitting a lot and will fail. We have had two go bad already causing starting problems. It was an easy inexpensive fix but since the problem was intermittent it was hard to diagnose. I still prefer the Chevy Chassis over the Ford. I've had both and the Chevy has many advantages over the Ford. It is very easy to drive and park do to it's size yet the floor plan makes it a prefect size for me and my wife. It has ample storage and we were able to take everything we need with us. The quality of the build was better than what I expected. Overall we love our little motorhome and it has fit our needs perfectly. While many people have problems with Camping World our experience was ok. Their service ability is not what it should be. Warranty work takes forever and the quality of the work is questionable. We ended up taking ours to a private RV repair facility and were more that satisfied with the quality of service we received. If you're looking for a small motorhome and the ability to travel without a toad this RV makes it easy.
- John Anthony DelDuco Jr, Maryland

2020-09-24 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Just bought it a few days ago. It’s our first RV. It doesn’t have a convection/ microwave oven when was told it would have. It’s just a microwave. How am I suppose to cook for my family? Plus there’s no regular oven. It also has no jacks. I would appreciate at least an oven to cook, which I do have at home. I don’t eat out. So,What kind of enjoyment do you expect will come when on the road. I will never recommend a Thor to anyone. I would tell people make sure it has everything they promised you before you buy it. I’m so unhappy, I rather just park it! So much for traveling around our beautiful country.
- Gina, Florida

2020-09-22 2018 Thor Motor Coach Gemini 24TX View Listings

We are in our third season with the Gemini. The Sprinter chassis has been dependable and delivered great mileage during this time. Would definitely recommend any class B or C with a Sprinter chassis. The box is another story. Workmanship is poor and repairs are constant. Besides the little things like fixing drawers and replacing screws that are always falling out from somewhere the biggest issue so far was when the front cowl above the cab came loose in the beginning of the second season. The rattle made any trip unbearable. After a $700 fix its happening again in our third season. In my opinion this was more of a design issue than workmanship.Looking for a Class A next year. Won’t be a Thor product.
- Douglas Wolford, Pennsylvania

2020-09-19 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

Motorhome has been a disaster since I bought it. I bought it about 6 hours from my home and did not make it home before I got stranded. Dealer said it was not their problem. Thor apologized but did nothing to repair. It has been in for warranty 3 times in the first year. I have had for 15 months and it is in for repairs again. Quality of workmanship is terrible and a warranty is only as good as the company that issued it. My experience is that both Thor and Camping World only stand behind warranty for the simplest of things. Both Thor and Camping World should be avoided.
- David Sherritze, Florida

2020-09-17 2012 Thor Motor Coach Majestic 28A View Listings

We have enjoyed our RV very much. We have never taken pets or kids in it. Just 2 quiet non smokers that are very clean.we have gone around the Olympics. We have taken it Easy of the mountains. Also the Oregon Coast to Lincoln City. We only want to go bigger other than that it has been a great RV.
- Roxanne Armstrong, Washington

2020-09-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Synergy SP24 View Listings

I purchased this motor home May of 2017 after seeing it at a RV show.I have had it back to the dealer many times over the last 3 years for 1 particular problem that they some how can't seem to repair. The slide out with the sofa bed has consistently leaked from day one.I just don't understand why they seem to have this unrepairable problem.
- Harry Mol, Ontario

2020-09-04 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum RW28 View Listings

We bought it new a few months ago. We’ve taken it on several trips of one to three nights. We have had virtually no issues. What minor things we’ve found, we have addressed ourselves. The main remaining issues are the stabilizer switches are swapped and the generator hour gauge does not advance. I have added a steering stabilizer, rear anti-sway bar, tire pressure monitoring system, replaced the stereo with one that supports Apple Car Play, added a battery monitor system, upgraded the thermostat to a digital model and installed a surge suppressor/power monitor. It now drives really well. I’m also replacing the shocks with Koni’s, but I found the the right-rear shock is almost inaccessible because they mounted heat shield above it because it’s close to the muffler. I’m not yet sure if I will be able to replace it.
- David Coons, California

2020-09-03 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

When I picked it up they were working on the generator and could not get it working. Camping World told me to call for appointment tomorrow and bring it back. I called back and was told they don’t work on generators. First time camping no hot water, slides leaked. It was in being repair most the first season. Several other thing needed repair. Never got sides fixed. Traded this lemon and got other Thor and in has been in the repair shop more than I used it. Still waiting on parts (7 months). I will never buy a Thor product again.
- Gerald Barnes, Ohio

2020-09-03 2020 Thor Motor Coach Omni SV34 View Listings

After ordering our sv34 in January it finally arrived in June as a 2021 model. A few minor things needed to be taken care of. Overall this is a great RV. The Ford power stroke has all the power we need. We pass cars going up hill Have 4500 miles on it in 2 months. Would buy this RV again without hesitation
- NRG, Minnesota

2020-08-30 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

The 2021 Thor Freedom Elite is our second RV. When we paid the price for this new motorhome we realized we weren’t buying a Cadillac, but we didn’t expect to buy a VW Thing.” Let me preface my observations by saying that we did not trade in our 1996 Itasca Suncruiser because Camping World refused to take any trade-in RVs prior to 2000. I am so grateful we did not trade it in because right now, stranded in the middle of the Arizona desert, with virtually no help from Thor, we wished we had taken the 1996 Itasca instead of this 2021 Thor RV made from popsicle sticks and glue. Without any embellishment whatsoever I can honestly say that after 11,000 miles on this RV in just 2-months everything has malfunctioned right down to the broken zipper on the briefcase full of the warranty documents. We are currently stranded because a Thor “ask-a-tech” support mechanic told us that the parts we found lying under the generator were “apparently not tighten correctly“ which led to mounting feet and brackets of the generator to literally break off from the block. Good Sam will gladly tow our vehicle however they won’t touch anything because it might void the warranty from Thor. After calling Thor for The third time I was told that any outside mechanic performing necessary Workmanship to our vehicle would not ruin the warranty. Unfortunately the person I spoke to before him, a mature intelligent woman, said the total opposite. Luckily I purchased the emergency option with my warranty so Thor can eventually show up with a tow truck to tow my vehicle to the nearest authorized dealer for repairs and accommodate me and my bride during this inconvenience. That doesn’t however cover the cost of boarding my two dogs. In the meantime I wait for Thor to open up Monday morning (with very shortened business hours) to rescue us from the middle of the desert in the middle of summer. With all four parts that we have found broken off of the generator our best advice has been to “stay in place” so that you don’t further damage the unit. That advice came from someone who didn’t work for Thor or Camping World. Here are just some of the things that have been going wrong with this vehicle since our purchase in July of this year. All of these problems occurred while we were on a vacation; A plumbing leak in the wall, later identified as having a piece of yellow tape near the leak hole. Then, after this leak was fixed we made it 150 miles down the road before noticing another pinhole leak in the middle of a brand new hose that was installed at Camping World. Vacation once again interrupted as we drove to another Camping World outside of Atlanta to have this piece of hose replaced. By the way both leaks caused extensive damage to the RV and our property. We have been waiting since July to hear about the new wall, control board, Trim and other parts of the vehicle covered under the warranty. Camping World told us 6 to 8 weeks, BS! One final note on the plumbing issues. After fixing the pinhole on a plumbing hose we found inside the wall, a Camping World genius unhooked our oven and never hooked it Back up! We didn’t notice that problem until we were three days out from our East Coast home headed to the West Coast. The poorly constructed handle on the refrigerator had now broken twice. Whoever designed this was obviously a mental midget. From the start, the USB outlets, located conveniently throughout the vehicle, were shorting out depending upon which way you moved your cord, and we tried many cords. After explaining the problem to Camping World they told us that all USB outlets were checked and there were no problems, BS! Every handle on every cabinet and drawer was designed by an expert in torture. Each handle is sharp enough to rip open your skin with the slightest pass as all four corners of the handle are sharp as a knife. Anytime we slip Or lose balance we look for these handles so we aren’t killed. The main door design for the RV must’ve been an afterthought on a late Friday afternoon. Because there are no sliding steps, the door is positioned 6 inches closer to the pavement than any other part of the vehicle thus giving you quite a jolt if you hit a pothole at the wrong time and place. Yes, it’s scrapes and scratches on every little bump you go over. Maybe that’s why our main side door to the Thor Freedom Elite has twice locked us out. Yes, with all locks open and the only way to lock the vehicle is with a key we have been locked out twice because the door does not fit correctly. BTW, Thor Forgot to install the carbon dioxide detector.I could go on and on with the problems we have had with this vehicle which we will sell as soon as the warranty fixes the 50 things currently Wrong. When we finally do make it back to our home I’m going straight over to storage and give my 1996 Itasca a hug. Do not be fooled by what anybody tells you. This 2021 Thor freedom elite is a rolling deathtrap and I urge you never Make the mistake we did. I purchased from Camping World; after writing my review we experienced half of our air-conditioning system malfunctioning in the main living quarters. Upon return home we immediately took the RV to Camping World in North Charleston,SC. I gave them the lengthy list of problems and was greeted with empathy and concern however it’s now been two weeks since my service appointment and I have been unable to make contact with anyone in service, Even after leaving multiple messages. I was given the service managers name and eventually made it through to his secretary who informed me that the service manager does not respond to customers, his assistants do, Even though his voicemail says that “if you’re not satisfied I’m not satisfied. I’m here to help you make it right.“ So here we sit in limbo not knowing the status of our RV and Still not getting any satisfaction from Thors corporate office. I do not recommend buying any product from Thor and, after initially being treated like gold by Camping World, do not recommend purchasing an RV from this company.
- Ken, South Carolina

2020-08-26 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31E View Listings

This was the first RV I had ever purchased, and did it for my parents but I ended up using it more than they did. Driving was a breeze, set up was way easier than expected, and it has so many entertaining and 'comfort' aspects to it. As a family of 4 with two high schoolers, we have taken it out the past 2 Thanksgivings and spent some time out and about. It's been awesome, we were able to fully cook Thanksgiving dinners, and something we will always remember. Favorite things for me would be how easy everything is in functionality, the quality of kitchen for everything we need, the separate master bedrooom area and how nice that is, and the number of TV's for entertaining when you want to do that kind of thing too. Loved the fact that the unit could hook up to electric and water, but if you don't have access to those things it does have a separate water tank and generator. That was an awesome addition I never would have thought of as a first time buyer. Negatives for this unit would be that the bunk beds are a bit small and my son grew out of that quickly so he uses the bulkhead, but a positive on that was the bunk bed gave us more storage. That's another positive - the unit has all kinds of storage inside and out. The only other negative is the layout of the living room, while not horrible I do wish the driving and passenger seats would swivel, but in the grand scheme of things that is pretty minor. Most people we've ever had at the camper at one time was 8, and it was pretty tight, but fortunately we spent most of our time outside. I would probably cap it at 5 or 6 adults. Anyway, for our first RV experience I think this unit knocked it out of the park. The benefits significantly outweigh the negatives, and I would recommend this style camper to anyone looking for a good get away.
- BEN PEACOCK, Georgia

2020-08-26 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31Y View Listings

Have had this unit for 3 summers. Bought it brand new. Had some minor issues which the dealer fixed under warranty the first year. Then at the beginning of year 2 we had some electrical issues, of course the warranty was done, so the bad wiring was in our tab. This summer, we were washing the unit when the trim on the unit next to the passenger side door fell off and rotten wood fell out, reached up inside and more came out, called the factory. Then are claiming it’s due to owner’s lack of maintenance. Mind you, this unit has 8500 miles on it and has been in indoor storage when not being used. The unit has been used less than 10 trips. I am still waiting for a call back from the customer service supervisor. There is no way this lack of maintenance. The trim fell off- there were no screws holding it on! Very disappointed with Thor’s handling of this issue on a unit with under 10,000 miles!
- Denise Cornelius, Michigan

2020-08-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Totally fell in love with the floor plan of this unit. Still love that aspect. Totally disappointed with the lack of service. Because of Covid, they overcharge for disinfecting the unit before they will do anything. Then of course, every single item on my unit that needs fixed is not a warranty issue. Imagine that! Flooring bubbles 4 inches high. Battery screwed after only 2000 Kms, not their problem. Slide leaking, user problem. The list was endless. But!!!! We will repair all your issues for $160 an hour after we charge you to sanitize first and also leave it here for 3-4 days and five back 2 hours to pick it up. Very poor customer service from the dealership!!
- Debbie Wood, Alberta

2020-08-24 2017 Thor Motor Coach Siesta Sprinter 24SA View Listings

It’s a very comfortable and quiet drive. We receive great gas mileage with the diesel. The home computer screen is easy to control the camper amenities. It has a great amount of inside and outside storage. It’s very quick to hook up to electric, water and sewer. We love the booth dinette area since we play a ton of board games. The enclosed shower is quite roomy.
- Tricia Crossey, Indiana

2020-08-17 2015 Thor Motor Coach Majestic 28A View Listings

I purchased this in May 2020 from Cruise America in Las Vegas and had an excellent buying experience. A couple of very minor items were resolved immediately, including balancing of tires and front end alignment and a couple of windshield chips. All repaired quickly and at zero cost. Cruise America in Vegas was great during the purchase experience, including paying for my airfare from Salt Lake City to do the inspection and pickup. Within a week, I drove cross country 2100 miles to Camden SC in four days. Very comfortable, stable to drive, no issues at all during the trip. Gas mileage 8-10 MPG at 70+ MPH. Setup in Wateree Lake RV Park and have been living in the motorhome fulltime since Memorial Day. No issues, zero, none to day. Everything works, plenty of space, comfortable. Rear storage area is huge, carried my inflatable fishing pontoon, two inflatable kayaks, fishing gear with room to spare. The only thing I did was upgrade the mattress on the rear RV Queen bed (the stock one was terrible)! Note that the Cruise America Majestic 28a is a bit basic with few bells/whistles. No slideouts, no TV, no oven - made to Cruise America specs for simple and durable, long lasting rentals. Yes, they are typically high miles (100K). But I felt that they maintain them to last, and I also purchased a 5-year 100K drivetrain warranty for peace of mind. Great purchase, driving/travel and living experience - highly recommend this motorhome!
- Rob Osborne, Utah

2020-08-13 2021 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Just bought a 2021. Haven't used it much yet so hopefully I don't have to come back and change this. I thought it drove really well. Hard to get a house not to have some rattle, but on the freeway it was quiet as could be. Love the layout, the color scheme the LED soft white lights EVERYWHERE. Some you can turn on for ambient soft lighting at night. Some typical poor construction of trim work and TV's. Lots of nails, poor joints, etc. But seems to be the norm now unless spend $1M. The bunk TV didn't pull out so you could put in a DVD. Dumb, but fixable stuff. Love the new 2021 Dash where they finally changed the steering wheel after 20 years.
- Justin Woodward, Utah

2020-08-13 2020 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31W View Listings

Thi is about the worst motor vehicle dealership I have ever done business with. Rather difficult to access, and when I arrived at noon for my 1 pm appointment, there was almost no room to park my rig. The service department is closed for lunch hour, so no one to ask where I can park. Only place to wait was a tiny “customer lounge” at the back of the store. Four straight chairs and a coffee pot. Because of Covid we were hesitant to wait there, with customers and staff coming and going, but the only other place was outside in the 100 degree heat. Our service man, Scott, was terrible. He began by telling me what a great favor he was doing for my Florida dealership by giving them an appointment for us to perform a recall that my Florida dealer had failed to do. Then, when I Tried to explain our Battery problem that our Florida dealer told us the recall would fix, he blew me off and used high pressure to sell me a great solar system for $ 2200. I asked if he could just test the batteries to see if they were bad, as Thor Service had suggest was probably our issue, but he said not enough to time to do that, despite saying he did have enough time to install the large and heavy solar panels atop our coach, plus all the new wiring, etc., and enough time to do a $100 oil and filter change on our generator. After I said I thought we might need two new batteries, due to the rig having sat in the Florida sun for over a year and because they simply would not hold a charge, and After I rejected the solar system, he grudgingly agreed to test the batteries. Sure enough, they were both bad, and we needed two new ones. He charged us $500 for them, installed. We had no choice so we paid it.
- James Keeney, California

2020-08-09 2020 Thor Motor Coach Synergy 24ST View Listings

The Mercedes Diesel purrs on down the road like a dream! Not to big not to small, its like driving a big van. Wonderful floor plan perfect for a couple. Twin beds for easy in easy out or converts to a king! Lots of storage in and out. You can see from the description this RV is loaded with all the bells and whistles. We loved the quality that far surpasses all the other models in its class. We searched and compared for months before we decided on this model and floor plan. We hate to sell but sometimes you just don't have a choice when circumstances are beyond your control. Any questions, give me a call.
- Cecil, Texas

2020-08-09 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Overall I am very happy with the coach considering I knew that I was not purchasing a high end brand. Issues related to Thor: Vehicle had a right fender well liner that was loose and jagged. Dead USB port over dinette. Incorrectly spliced wire for step light. Door deadbolt not working. Leak around Hot Water Heater door and intake. Should it have left the factory this way No. Other issues: AC baffle loose. Could be attributed to driving coach. Loose pipe under sink. Could be attributed to driving coach. The Ford part of the equation has been very good. I purchased the coach at Camping World and after seeing their work on the deadbolt never took it back. Thor was very helpful with me in terms of locating another dealer to fix the issues and while it was a hassle they did pay for the work. Overall I know the coach and expect to tighten screws, drawers, do caulking etc...Drive it monthly and exercise the generator. The wait time for repairs is pretty much abysmal for all RV repairs especially if warranty work is necessary. Overall the Thor part has been as expected and I have completed some of the minor repairs myself. I knew that I was not buying an Airstream. My local Camping World was okay to purchase from, but the Service Department is severally lacking in knowledge and helpfulness. I understand that does not apply nationwide.
- Brent Jackson, Oklahoma