Thor Motor Coach Class C Reviews on RV Insider (324)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bonnie R. from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 23H View Listings

We bought this motorhome brand new off the lot from dealerin Burlington, WA. We are on our first trip and as soon as it rained, water poured from around the closed vent near the stove & soaked the floor around the seating area and ran down toward the cab. Finally stopped raining & all was well while it wasn’t raining. Came back into Wash with a downpour and water gushed in from under the seating area only. 5 large swim towels later & it is still coming out. Very disappointed in the quality. Thought Thor would be a good choice. Handles well & everything else is working but this horrible leak has us terrified & the horror stories about Thor warranty work isn’t helping.
- Bonnie R., Washington

2021-01-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

For an entry level RV this unit does very well. Handling down the road is car like and it pulls a trailer loaded with a Gator with ease.Fuel economy with the Mercedes diesel is in the 13/14 mpg and will run all day on interstate. The well planned out interior is very livable and I'd recommend it to the couple or small family looking to get away.
- Richard Wheat, Virginia

2021-01-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I had decided to purchase this RV because it has All my bells and whistles. It's So cute! Found a used one at a great price, but after reading all the comments, am petrified to purchase! I can imagine getting stuck somewhere, a senior citizen, and not knowing what, or how to repair anything! First, I feel I will need to find a reliable repair service before purchase! The 22FE is the RV of my dreams, just the right size for me- 24ft, I can't let these comments deter me! Thor and Camping World, u have a beautiful product. Please Honor your warranties and TEACH the service people what they need to know! I am a potential buyer, I Really love this RV! STEP UP, so I can purchase, PLEASE.
- saharajj23, Tennessee

2021-01-10 2020 Thor Motor Coach Magnitude SV34 View Listings

The quality of this RV is a joke.. There was NO quality control on my Coach.. Aren’t we planing to explore America in is Coach?? I would like a RV that could handle that. Not drive 2 hours back to shop after every trip.. Here’s the run down for starters: Slide did not work from day two.. Coach has been back to dealership more than I can count. And still nothing really resolved..Still not working properly. Unhappy with the purchase to say the least. Slide malfunction override has been the normal way to get to come or out, you must override the system. Fuel filler lines has a vent or something.. too small of lines. Prepare to be at the pump for 40-50 min. Tricking fuel into it. Because pump handle will shut off, acting like it’s full. Back window broke out while driving. Font overhead Bunk window cracked from assuming vibration or body roll. Cabinets drawers all bottoms are made of balsa wood.. joke. Had to take to cabinet shop and redo all pull out drawers. Screws coming lose everywhere. Shower leaked 1st time use no caulking... Slide digs into flooring leaving rub mark. No HDMI cables to all TV. So when you o install SAT only option is inside at OH bunk until I figure that out. Couch is not comfortable FYI. Having to have the slide out to get bed down bad design especially when slide doesn’t work. Not even sure why mobile eye is on this makes the left blinker bussing very annoying. Dealership in Alvarado TX, worst service dept. I’ve ever seen. Bottomline Thor is not a Quality RV. Ford part is best part of the rig. Should have air suspension. Extremely rough ride for passengers in back. Not to mention very loud in back too. Maybe the model of the truck should be a platinum with ac seats too, instead of a no cab option pickup. Wheels and tires look so small on this unit. Which prob is the reason backend drags on departures of fuel stations. Can’t speak to other brands in this space, because I bought this one. Wished I had read my review and looked a little harder at the other brands. Just saying I’m trapped with this one for now. Doesn’t mean you have to be. Good Luck Or THOR just charge more money for the Coach and build it Right. People will pay more for quality. Not Fake Quality On positive note it has Nice looking paint design on the exterior.. Lip stick on a Pig.
- A.W. Smith, Texas

2021-01-07 2016 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24C View Listings

Just purchase a used 2016 Four Winds 24C. The Thor manual is useless, unbelievable! Still cannot locate the low point drains and apparently no way to rinse the black tank. Any suggestions appreciated! Great layout for 1 or 2, however due to COVID, most campgrounds are closed in California - still waiting to enjoy!
- Kathy, California

2021-01-05 2015 Thor Motor Coach Majestic 23A View Listings

Nickle dime me to death.fan clutch water pump new plugs new fluids.rear brakes alone 1200...torque converter toast....recurved reject..only 11600k..paid 33 will sell for 29..yes all works well but crap will break it's an investment in time and money if you have both you're fine and RVs aren't meant to drive all over the place they're meant to go from one place to another where you stay there for a week or a month a lot of people don't get that plus camping ain't so friendly anymore and it cost as much as a motel That's why I use mine I go glamping drive from hotel to the motel
- Allen, Nevada

2021-01-04 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Handles like a SUV on the highway. Low end torque is better than the big Ford engines on our previous motor homes. And it comes with GPS and n incredible stereo system. Gas economy is 2 1/2 times better than my gas motor home! The induction cooktop and LED lighting make dry camping possible because it does not tax the batteries like older motor homes.
- Joanne Powell, Arizona

2021-01-02 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

We have been traveling in this RV once a month for a week during 2020. We have enjoyed this RV and have towed a Mini Cooper with it. It is great on gas mileage even towing. Comfortable for us and has everything we need. Big refrigerator, lots of cabinets for inside storage and adequate basement storage. It looks brand new on the outside and well maintained. Inside is very clean and still has a new feel. Hot water on demand, shower big enough. Queen mattress comfortable and lots of closet space. Full slide on drivers side adds a lot of room. Great way to travel without concerns of COVID. This Class C is a great RV.
- Karen Beck, South Carolina

2020-12-29 2019 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 24F View Listings

Love that you can park it in a regular parking lot at a park or a grocery store. It's compact enough to manuever like a large van, but with the slide out is spacious for a family. The Ford engine is a workhorse and there is never any issue with climbing a hill, no matter the slope.
- Jonathan Steinberg, Washington

2020-12-13 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

I guess we got lucky this motorhome has been nothing but great for us. No issues at all except tank sensors. Everything works well just need more storage. This is a good motorhome or it has been for us!!!
- Karen Beck, South Carolina

2020-12-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24FE View Listings

I have had this coach for 3 plus years and cannot complain too much. The only major issue I had was the auto step was wired wrong and quit working but resolved by the local RV shop. Camping World had it for two weeks and when I git home still wouldn’t work, Other than the shoddy workmanship and intermittent hot water I have many good trips problem free. Keep a bottle of Elmer’s Glue handy and a tool kit. The cab and chassis have been excellent. 20 K miles. Tow a Mini Cooper and average @ 14 MPG
- Pete Albanese, California

2020-12-07 2019 Thor Motor Coach Omni SV34 View Listings

We out grew the Thor smaller class C so upgraded to the Omni. This particular floor plan works very well for us and the Ford F-550 chassis is awesome. We have put 4,000 miles on it and have pulled either our F-150 or a trailer ever mile. Other than a few minor issues such as having to adjust the awning and tightening up a few simple water connections the RV has been great. Our first Thor class C was great and never had a single issue with that one but these were very minor and less than an hour of work it was all good. We have owned every type of RV at least twice and some many more. You cannot expect to purchase an RV and not have a few issues and my guess is all who are happy never write a good review and all we read are the horror stories. So here is a real review from an experienced RV owner who is very happy.
- Rick Radavich, Arizona

2020-11-25 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum LF31 View Listings

This is our first RV. We have 2 little kids (2-year-old and 8-month-old) and the layout with bunks is perfect for our little family. We have a few complaints but overall happy with our purchase. PROS: Bunks! Only 33ft long so it's easy to find a spot in all National and State Parks It's a motorhome, so travel days are actually fun - you can use a fridge, bathroom, and have amazing landscapes outside or your home window! It's fun to take it to national parks and have picnics there with amazing nature around Set up is pretty easy with an auto-leveling system Fairly easy to drive and park Awesome queen bunk over the cab with large window (our favorite spot in the house!) Good looking interior and exterior CONS: - Very little storage because of the bunks - Living room is really non-existent - Narrow walkway leading from the bedroom to the living room (we hit that door with our shoulders all the time) - Not the best craftsmanship - had to beef up drawers in the dinette and fix a few minor things with cabinetry - THIS ONE IS FIXED: weak inverter and house batteries. We replaced our house batteries with lithium-ion batteries, got a stronger inverter/converter and 3 solar panels on the roof - now we can camp with no hookups for longer
- Anastasia, Indiana

2020-11-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Siesta Sprinter 24ST View Listings

I have had 5 RV's. This one is the best for power, MPG, drive, handling, parking, camping... If I buy a newer one it will be a Mercedes, although maintenance can be expensive, if you need it. I have had larger RV's but for short trips, I prefer the 25-26' for State and National parks and camping. Although I just finished a 3-month trip, I am ready to GO again. I love RVing.
- harrco, Colorado

2020-11-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 30D View Listings

First coach I have owned where there is a water leak in the roof after just 2 years. Lazy Days cannot find the problem and now has to do a water test to find the leak. Thor is doing nothing! 7500 repair bill. For the price you pay for this coach, big problems should not be happening after just 2 years. Only 4200 miles and keep it in pristine condition. Very sad. Have had a total of three RVs and this is ending up to be a sad mistake!!!!
- Dawn Freijo, Florida

2020-11-06 2021 Thor Motor Coach Coleman 19CM View Listings

This is what i want exact size love this floor plan. Looks easy to drive. If it gets broken i loose my home not good. Love to check out financing pleaae call mw or aend me more exactly like this. No slides PlEASE gaa only
- Richard johnson, Rhode Island

2020-10-31 2020 Thor Motor Coach Quantum Sprinter KM24 View Listings

All I can say is if your over 60 make sure you can get in the door of the easily, because this is quite a hike up for most seniors. Also, get someone or yourself to examine the roof. Our roof looked pretty shabby, lots of patching in the rear right corner. Cabinets space was very good, and the floor plan was excellent but the cabinet doors could have been installed better. Also, consider the height of this unit. It is higher than most and will be more inclined to catch the wind. We bought our unit and immediately liked the MB chassis, however the Thor part of the motorhome left a lot to be desired.....of course we didn't notice that until we got it home. The slide had a couple of issues, one being the weather stripping around the slide was not installed properly and kept the slide from going in and out. The slide mechanism seemed a little under powered. Make sure you slide it in and out before you buy..... the valance on the rear window also became an issue and blocked the slide. The first problem was the exterior BarbQ line that fell out and was almost destroyed because we dragged it 3 miles before realizing the problem, another problem was an electrical outlet in the bathroom was bad. Lastly, and back breaker was the refrigerator went out and we had to wait 7 weeks for parts. A lot of these problems I blame on the dealer, but quality starts from the beginning. No, I would never buy another THOR Product.
- Kris Strohl, Arizona

2020-10-30 2017 Thor Motor Coach Synergy CB24 View Listings

This is an excellent condition that is all luxury and power. 2017 Thor Synergy is powered by a Mercedes Benz Diesel Engine combined with a 5-speed Automatic Transmission on a Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis, with only 19899 Miles! The overall length is 26 feet and the unit comes equipped with an Onan Generator, 2 Slide Outs, Large Awning with exterior TV and Speakers for outside relaxing, A/C unit and plenty of room to sleep 5. This is a non-pet/non-smoking RV and there have not been any accidents or water damage.
- Christopher McEwan, Massachusetts

2020-10-29 2014 Thor Motor Coach Majestic 23A View Listings

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!! Cruise America sold us a "inspected" RV that they claimed was inspected for safety, etc. When we got it home, we took the generator to a Onan/Cummins dealer. The dealer advised us to NOT use the generator at all, since it was leaking flammable gasoline inside onto electrical components AND the unit was distributing carbon monoxide gas under the RV, instead of out the exhaust pipe. They described it as a "severe safety hazard" When we contacted Cruise America, they cited it was our problem, not theres. So much for their safety inspection! We had to spend $5165 out of pocket to replace the generator since the one Cruise America sold us was inherently dangerous to operate and it would cost more to get parts and labor to fix it as it was full of dust and debris from their rental fleet. All in all, I don't trust Cruise America and I would never buy from them again. If you're thinking of buying an RV from Cruise America...think twice. The folks at the Kissimmee Florida location are snakes.
- Jon, Florida

2020-10-29 2015 Thor Motor Coach Majestic 28A View Listings

Love the layout! We've slept 7 adults, 2 children and 2 dogs in there. Refrigerator and freezer work great! Lots of storage space both inside and out. It drives rough to me but maybe because I never drove anything like this before.
- Karen Shipley, Pennsylvania

2020-10-29 2020 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 28Z View Listings

I WOULD NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER THOR MOTORHOME AND WARN YOU TO THINK TWICE BEFORE BUYING A UNIT FROM THOR! Not because we don't like the floor plan or decor. Not because it's unsafe when being driven in crosswinds. And not because the quality of the materials, fit, and finish is somewhat substandard. But, instead, because they do not stand behind their product or honor their warranty plan. After we took delivery of our Thor Four Winds 28Z we discovered that the ducts that run from the heater, which is located under the refrigerator, to the four heater outlets in the motorhome were not connected during the manufacturing process. As a result, the heater was blowing hot air into the cavity between the heater and the bedroom wall and under the refrigerator. This has created a fire hazard since the propane furnace is blowing hot air directly onto the wall which is only inches away from the heating unit itself. The heat blowing on the wall was so intense that the bedroom wall warped. THOR HAS NOT AUTHORIZED THIS REPAIR ON A VEHICLE THAT HAS UNDER 9,000 MILES AND IS LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OLD. According to the service re at Camping World "Warranty repairs are 100% on the manufacturers timeline. They set the pace and tone, they make 100% of the decisions on what is repaired and how we do it (using our recommendations to some extent). So while I understand it is frustrating at times, and SLOW, Warranty is intentionally slow from the manufacturers point of view. In addition at this time, parts are just not available. We are required to use factory parts (again that is decided by the manufacturer, not us), and right now the factories are more interested in building RVs than selling parts." Our motorhome has been sitting on the Camping World lot for two month waiting for approval and parts from Thor. This is absolutely unacceptable. So again Be Warned before moving ahead with your purchase.
- Jay Richolson, Washington

2020-10-24 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31E Bunkhouse View Listings

Spacious with full wall slide. Excellent lay out. Tows great 8000lb capacity. Handles well. Great for travel with children. Sleeps 8-10 comfortably. Bathroom and all beds accessible while underway.
- Beth Padgett, North Carolina

2020-10-17 2011 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 28U View Listings

This vehicle has a great living space with slide in, including walk around bed in back. It has lots of underneath and inside storage which is easy to access. It has a privacy door to bedroom and curtain for separating bathroom area, so essentially can be divided into 3 separate areas for privacy. Top bunk may have custom mattress placed over drivers cabin and has privacy curtain also. The u-shaped dinette allows for a bigger sleep space when needed and larger more comfortable eating space or seating for traveling. The floorplan is very comfortable with traveling and sleeping 6 people easily as stated. The length is small enough for those who have never driven an RV and easy to drive. This vehicle is able to fit most RV park lots with a length of 29 foot. It is also easy to tow your car on the back and add bike racks. They do not make this vehicle model any longer unfortunately which makes it a rare find.
- Jessica, Texas

2020-10-14 2014 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31E View Listings

Our family loved the RV experience. My son will be in Afghanistan for a good while, so we have decided to sell it. The RV is in perfect condition. Biweekly, I go and run the generator to make sure it stays in good condition. The leather recliner chairs are new. It has a stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator and freezer. Stand alone shower and TV’s. It can sleep8~10 people.
- JoAnn Robinson, Georgia

2020-10-14 2014 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds View Listings

As a family going on the few trips were an awesome experience for us all. We’ve only had for 2 years. Because my son is in Afghanistan, we just do the routine maintenance on it running the generator every 2 weeks to keep it in tip top condition.
- JoAnn Robinson, Georgia