Thor Motor Coach Class A - Gas

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-06-17 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

To many issues to even mention, Passenger window out of square would not lock, bunk 2" out of square above drivers head not mounted properly major safety issue and could fall down on driver and passenger. Thor insisted I have to bring to factory at my expense to correct. Cameras stopped working 2 months after purchase and after 9 unsuccessful attempts to fix Thor wants me to pay them to fix it. 30 plus other defects 6 months of service time. Still unsafe to drive, no cameras. Worst experience in my life, the stress has effected my health. Do not by any rv Thor makes. Thor trys not to warranty many factory defects
- Joseph M Walsh, Ohio

2021-06-15 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I like to think of my RV like a class A sports car. It looks but most importantly drives like a dream. I pull my 2017 Ram 4x4 and with the triton 10 E450 Chassis don't even know it's tracking behind even through the mountains. The only complaint is the quality of the side mirrors. One operates intermittently and both have a sub standard coating of chrome. Overall, I would recommend this to just about everyone.
- Rick Burgess, Florida

2021-06-13 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A30 View Listings

This has been a good unit much better than the ACE that we had before. A few minor issues with door and drawers but all were taken care of by warranty and was not in the shop that long. Triton motor has plenty of power. A good unit that you can get into for a reasonable price point.
- Charles Clark, Tennessee

2021-06-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

My wife and I purchased our Thor ACE new in 2015 for a family trip to Canada. Had an amazing trip, motor ran great, no issues. So far we have 25k miles on it and look forward to many more. Added the 5 Star engine Tune Kit, made a huge difference on performance and milage and much easier for towing.
- Michael Gibbert, Nevada

2021-06-08 2019 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.2 View Listings

Junk, will never buy or recommend Thor to anyone . Could not get help from General RV or Thor for help after putting thousands of dollars in repairs ready to get rid of the junk. Was going to retire and travel this year but not looking good.Anyone want to buy 2019 Thor junk for 135,000.00 let me know.
- Rick Webster, Michigan

2021-06-06 2018 Thor Motor Coach Miramar 35.3 View Listings

We love the floor plan and the beautiful decor. We have had problems with the flooring. The glue that was used to install the linoleum is defective. It looks like there is water damage but there is not. We spent $5000 to try and improve the handling. White knuckle! The eng noise is terrible going down and uphill. There are other issues but these are the worst ones.
- Deborah Akins, Nevada

2021-05-27 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Couch drives really well, smooth and comfortable ride. Floor plan is very spacious and plenty of storage. Outdoor Kitchen area and fridge are really a good plus. Have had it for three years and this is my second RV, so I have to admit I have been pleased. First trip out, I did have two issues that had to be fixed. The motor on the step needed to be replaced, and the slide got stuck out due to the gear being installed slight askew. After fixing the slide issue, it has been trouble free for three year. I wish the decals were better quality, but maybe that is what you get at this price point. The service at the local RV dealer has been TERRIBLE, but calling Thor they have been great and resolved my issue with the motor and slide promptly. If you have reasonable expectations at this price point, its a real nice RV.
- Joseph Ochoa, Florida

2021-05-11 2020 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.6 View Listings

We bought this coach new in July 2020. Dismal failure, unit is dangerous to drive is wide open areas, just spent $3500 in suspension upgrades. It gets cold in the Rockies, froze and ruined my hot water heater on October trip. Camping World is useless, they suggested a heated water hose! Overall I’m done with Camping World, try this coach this summer, may dump it and forget motor homes. Great idea but poor and shoddy execution to keep price down.
- Mike K, Idaho

2021-05-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34P View Listings

Had a lot of RV’s, TT, pop ups. Everything works on ours. Like every RV takes about a year or so to shake everything out of them. Just minor stuff. The leveling jacks a couple of times. Found workarounds on UTube. Water leak near the DC pump. Needed to be tightened down. Exhaust pipe got crunched on a curb, poor design. Our RV mechanic modified it and it works great in new position. Rear camera goes in and out. They use the cheapest electronics in these RV’s so we’ll try and find something better. I’ve been doing this a long time so I carry a lot of spare parts and tools with me. There are a lot of different systems on these RV’s so don’t be afraid to ask for help at the campgrounds from other RV’ers. Lot of things to learn and the instructions are usually pretty worthless. Good luck and enjoy your RV.
- RE Bogart, Kentucky

2021-05-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.4 View Listings

love my Thor bought it used and have had no issues. We have found that we want a larger unit.. I'm looking at other Thor coaches as this one has been great. Only one problem is it needed front stabilizers to tighten the steering. I have owned a number of RV's from slide in Campers to a 12 foot Dreamer Camper, Trailers, 5th Wheels class C and A motor homes
- Cherie Frazer, Arizona

2021-05-03 2017 Thor Motor Coach Vegas RUV 24.1 View Listings

We purchased this RV six montha ago, and shortly after my wife had a heart attack and had a triple bypass with several strokes thereafter. The RV drives great,and stove and microwave have never been used. It looks like it just came off the showroom inside and out. I just had it serviced, oil
- ruth, California

2021-04-28 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Cheaply build. Drawers have plastic latches and quit latching within 3 days. Electric jacks quit working after 5 months, wallpaper separate in slide outs, water leak from frig, panel that handles all lighting slide outs and more quit the day we brought it home, good Sam membership is a joke, parts order for repairs take 3 months and longer to order, electrical issues, but drive good. I the shop more than we can enjoy outings. They are total lemons. Hate this 2020 WindSport and once it’s paid off, I’m going to junk it where it belongs!!!!
- Ouida Kirton, Arkansas

2021-04-26 2021 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38KB View Listings

Very nice travel trailer better built then most I’ve seen the only negative thing I can say is the gray tanks both are 32 gallon the gray tank for the bathroom and shower should be more then 32 gallons . It said it has a 64 gallon gray tank well that’s 32 gallons for the kitchen sink and 32 gallons for the bathroom shower everyone needs more for the bathroom shower then the kitchen sink. But we can live with this otherwise the trailer is very nice. very well built compared to others and it is very homey inside. We do more camping we’re there is not full hookups . The theater seating is very nice .it has a full-size queen bed and not a travel trailer queen. The bedroom you can actually walk around the bed.
- ALAN B, Texas

2021-04-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We purchased our unit in the fall of 2016 in Wisconsin. Not one year has gone by that we haven’t had to deal with leaking problems. Thor Industries quality control is terrible as is their customer service. If we had not purchased an extended warranty we would not have been able to use it. The most recent leak damaged the rear cap’s internal wall causing wood rot. We were not aware until the bedroom wall stared to bubble. Thor as usual places the blame on us. This is heartbreaking as our unit has been in service departments more than on the road. This was to be our retirement. I can only advise to never buy a Thor product, they consistently blame the owners and take no responsibility on quality control. We found out that the company we purchased our unit through ceased selling Thor products because of the client complaints and quality control.
- Jon and Sandra Ruatti, South Carolina

2021-04-10 2012 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. EVO 29.1 View Listings

EXCELLENT RUNNING UNIT WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES NEEDED FOR FAMILY VACATION CAMPING FUN, SMOOTH RUNNING MAINTAINED ENGINE, EASY TO HANDLE HANDLING, NEW TIRES, PLENTY OF STORAGE, KEYLESS SECURTIY DOOR ENTRY, STREAMING TV CHANNELS, FULL-LENGTH AWNING, BACK-UP CAMERA, AND THULE BIKE RACK....
- Doug, Ohio

2021-04-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

We have been up and down east coast. Travel through out Texas and New Mexico. With cameras for side mirrors and good backup camera it makes for easy driving even when towing. My wife drives it as much as I do.
- jerryesmith, Texas

2021-03-29 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

We bought our RV in November 2018. My husband was retiring June 2019. This was to be our retirement pleasure to see the country. Big Purchase. We have had many issues, and was in the shop a lot! However, I have to be honest, Thor was awesome, responding quickly with the many issues we experienced. I cried a lot, was just very disappointing. But zthor was their to help, every time. Mike Thompson Santa Fe Spring General Manager, always ready to help. Cares about his customers. Thor head person for customer service, was a wonderful person. He was right there every time. Just a phone call away. Always very pleasant. Made the problems with the RV, a little easier to deal with. Kudos! Mark and Brian 😎
- Judy, California

2021-03-23 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We traveled all over the US putting 14,000 miles on in less than a year! This was the perfect size for us as a retired couple. It was easy to drive and easy to park. Would fit in any of the National Park campgrounds. Love the king size bed, and having a door to the bedroom that you can close. We installed a motorcyle ramp on the back which worked out great. The ford V10 had plenty of power cruising through the Rockies! The only problems we had were a furnace sensor that went bad, that was easy for me to replace, and a slideout controller that needed to be replaced. The Thor customer service people were very helpfull and easy to talk to. Overall we really enjoyed traveling the country in our ACE 27.1!
- Michael Borga, New York

2021-03-06 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32A View Listings

This rv is fantastic. I got mine 40k used with 47k from dealer. Pro RV in Grapevine Tx( highly recommend this dealer they fixed everything wrong with it during the initial inspection free). I put roughly 1000$ making very minor repairs and some minor upgrades( solar, tv, gaming, water heater, caulking on shower, Full Led 5k natural white conversion). With this rv it would be wise to upgrade the suspension on front if you're taking long trips but otherwise its completely manageable. It comes with a relatively small propane tank best to have an electric heater ( no need for fancy one just a small one from walmart works). It tows very well although using the backup camera it doest show on the screen all too well you will want to upgrade that. The audio is ok you can install a set thats better from cartoys that sounds better i choose focal speakers they are the best sounding. Fuel mileage is great even when its loaded with hundreds of pounds of stuff including a loaded trailer. Never had any serious issues just minor issues mostly caused by my mistakes. Its very easy to manuever in tight spaces. I lived in it for roughly 3/4 of a year found it very spacious and accommodating. Its practically sound proof from noise outside. It retains heat inside in cold months very well. The factory seating is very comfortable much like a mercedes gl450. First trip I took it 1750 miles no issues it corners extremely well for an rv. Lots of storage. Bed is comfortable its a tempurpedic.
- J Thompson, Oregon

2021-02-27 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Perfect size for two of us. Some issues with craftsmanship. Left front plastic cover for window post trimmed to short down window side. No big deal for us but think quality control is bad. Got 2 years on all batteries, better than I expected. Poorest location for chassis battery ever, taking dash apart and getting it in and out a real pain. I moved it down to right front storage compartment.no other issues at this time after 4 years and 60,000 miles. Did install rear ac unit as one don't cut it after 90 degrees and high humidity. Road walked a lot at first, so had it aligned at Ford at 100 miles. Drives solid now and has not changed. Camper world sucks big, but Thor service techs do a great job guiding you through any issues. Had a few tech issues but with their help fixed myself in few minutes or less for all of them. Good value for the money, happy campers.
- Michael Cowen, Arkansas

2021-02-25 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Pieces fell off while driving first time out piping not connected Sami flush came up buckling linoleum 56 repair items generator would kick off with microwave on tail light fell off emergency start switch didn’t start the jack system had to reprogrammed three times brand new house batteries would not hold charge has been at dealer for nearly 5 months Thor’s representative Jim Aschenbrenner did nothing ... l like the layout this was bought new in 2020 from the dealer
- Bob Geier, Utah

2021-02-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

Own a 2017 wind sport 34j , yes it is out of warranty. And all the leather products are pealing or ripping. Called Thor they tell me that the leather product is no longer available . Why is it bad. They say can’t help as out of warranty and not giving any good will. This Rv has been covered since bought , has only 8900 miles on it . So basically would never recommend Thor to anyone , as like any other dealer , once you buy the don’t care about there product Thanks Never a Thor owner again
- Bill, Florida

2021-02-14 2021 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38KB View Listings

I have had issues with this van (Thor Tellaro 20KT, class B RV) from the beginning when I bought it in November 2020 until the present time (Feb 2021) . First off this van went through (supposedly two (2) inspections) prior to purchasing the RV. If it did, who did it and was their any quality assurance on these inspections. (Rhetorical questions) I am so frustrated and over $100,000 lighter. I heard all the horror stories, from the sales people that sell these things to the problems and issues you experience with RV’s in general, and I get it if these problems started a couple of years down the road (no punn intended ) however, they started from day one and I will take ownership on the fact that I should have done more due diligence in the research and the inspection of this vehicle, I was just excited , I retired from the military and I wanted to get my own RV to drive around this beautiful country since I spent most of my time overseas. Neither here or their the RV has been in the shop longer then I have had it and it still has major issues. We are on our fist trip and I have had to tape and rigged up stuff , just to try and get it back to California. This vehicle just to name a few has lights flickering, noises and rattling that should not be happening, to include , nuts are missing, the side window fell out, water is leaking. It won’t hold propane, the tires won’t stay inflated correctly, the bed broke the first night we laid in it. Again this is just to name a few, please I just want a vehicle that starts off with zero issues and problems. If things happen down the road, I could deal with that, however, this is to much to soon. At first I took my frustrations out on Giant RV (in Colton) the place where I purchased this from, and they were totally wrong on selling me this knowing EVERYTHING was wrong from the jump street, in my next breath I will say that I am fortunate that I have an amazing service manager (Tom Decker) because with out him this process would be even that much more painful, and I will add that I have the GM of Giant RV Mike Jacque that stepped in to get things moving. However, they could just do so much, I am requesting that Thor supplies me with an RV that is problem free and in 100% operating condition and trouble free. V/r Jeffrey Feller
- Jeffrey Feller, California

2021-02-07 2019 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37FH View Listings

Experience with my challenger 37 fh has been the motors in the slides. I just had my big slide work on. Over all the coach is great with the 3 slides that gives you room. My only problem is with ford engine why the don"t help in deadening the engine sound. I am working on that.
- carroll Jennings, Tennessee