Thor Motor Coach Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (390)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-10-17 2020 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.6 View Listings

Bought this new July 2020. We like the floor plan, drives OK but we are upgrading steering and rear end, blown all over the road in Nevada deserts. Suggest anyone negotiate this into the coach before purchase. Big issue is poor dealer support, Camping World in Meridian, ID do not return phone calls. Plan on towing my Tacoma pickup when I feel comfortable driving this thing, quality is not the best but typical of a RV.
- Mike K, Idaho

2020-10-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

Bought the Thor Ace at Motor Home Specialists in Alvarado, Tx. We thought this was a perfect size and the price was better than others. Driving out of dealership was the biggest mistake we have ever made. Immediately we found several (9) things that were wrong the biggest issue was he sink would not drain, the outside mirrors were defective and the camera would not work, the door would not close correctly, the levelling system was defective, could see the road from the door floor and the a/c stopped working. It took weeks of back and forth to finally admit to ourselves that the service department at this place didn't know how to fix those complex items like the a/c. Many weeks of driving to different places from Ford to Camping World of New Braunfels and still the problems existed. They would fix one thing and another thing would fall apart. The levelling system had a leak and the levels would not retract. We finally had to contact a Lemon Lawyer and we were able to get some relief from the defects. The company would not take the unit back so we sued them. We were able to negotiate an extended year of warranties and $5,000 for our misery. I would not buy another Thor Ace and after two years we are thinking of selling it. It is cheaply made, the bed is uncomfortable, the steering depletes your strength and stamina. We placed a stabilizer bar in the front and it help a little. These should come standard on all Thor coaches. If you are in love with the floor plan, find a used one that has had all the things that could go wrong fixed. The builders must not have quality controls in place. According to the service department at Motor Home Specialists, they spend more time servicing new models after they have been bought then the older models. They say that the company is putting out these models fast because they are more interested in selling them fast. BE CAREFUL! Disappointed in Texas
- robert.alfaro51, Texas

2020-09-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

I own a 2017 THOR ACE 30.3 I have noticed a few reviews/comments from owners of THOR products. Those reviews complain mostly about support, or lack there of from the manufacturer. Just like when you purchase a car, your support/warranty is provided by the dealer that you purchased the unit from and has very little is anything to do with the company that assembled the coach, car, trailer or RV other than original appearance and quality. As far as comments about “Fit and Finish” any minor issues that we encountered have been easily corrected and improved. That said, our coach has traveled to 41 of the 48 contiguous United States and has 20K miles, with no issues worth mentioning, it is a solid coach. Easy to drive and comfortable to be in. At this time I would have no hesitation or concerns to start it up and travel anywhere, it’s ready to go. BTW, that is apparently the opinion of every other ACE owner that we encountered in our travels. RVing is an adventure, enjoy the time on "the road" its amazing.
- Ralph S., Texas

2020-09-23 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

Small things the factory should have caught but quick to fix! Love the King Bed!! A must for campers to enjoy camping experience. Like others, mattress not the best. Get lots of compliments on interior. Added extra backsplash at stove and bathroom with peel and stick pieces. Made a difference!!
- Joe Kinsey, Tennessee

2020-09-20 2020 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35M View Listings

We have owned our Hurricane 35m for one year next month. And we can't wait until spring so we can sell it. Just as soon as we continue to use the warranty to keep fixing it, which is all we seem to be doing. I think that who ever worked on this RV came in drunk on Monday then stopped until Friday and didn't give a #*!@ about the quality of work he/she was doing. We have had more parts break inside the RV, To many to list here. I wish that I had done better homework while we were shopping for a RV because I would have stayed away from the Hurricane
- Mark Bailey, Utah

2020-09-20 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Really bad quality. No sense of pride..build is terrible leaks piped not connected under sinks..wall bulging..screws on floors and in cabinets..non working front ac water pump and toilet room has hole in ceiling..steering is awful wheel canted left..outside compartment doors dont shut fly open when driving..electrical problems in dash no lights in dash smog light issues and only one month old..roof appears to be separating from rear cap...camping world wants me to drive form tx to indiana to factory..as it's too much for them to deal with....stay away from thor products if you want to keep your sanity
- Jamedon, Arkansas

2020-09-16 2008 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 36R View Listings

Like the miles looks in good condition. How many owners? Does it has a clean title? Any roof leaks? Saw some dust underneath the gas tank where is the unit stored? Please advise I am interested in the rv
- Ernie Vasquez, Texas

2020-09-14 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Just purchased a 2016 Thor Majestic 28A from Cruise America in Kissimmee Florida. A rental fleet unit with a refurbishment process and it was fully equiped and tested. Great price point for an entry level motorcoach. What really made me feel this was a great way to go was the response I received when I experienced a problem on our first journey two weeks after our purchase. I contacted the sales rep I had dealt with, Jason. He asked a couple of questions and asked if I could be at his location the next morning. The next morning I arrived at 9am and 10am I was back on the road... no cost just great service and bear in mind, this was not a power train issue which is the only warrantied system with the sale. Jason or his manager could'a reminded me that I declined purchasing any of the extended warranties but instead what I got was great service... and the review is supposed the be about the motorcoach. It's great and we're really happy with it. A great unit to start with.
- Vic, Florida

2020-09-11 2014 Thor Motor Coach Vegas RUV 24.1 View Listings

Great model, huge panoramic windshield, great swivel captain chairs up front, perfect drop down bed and couch that together sleeps 3 additional people. Outdoor entertainment system, 3 burner stove, convection oven, microwave, great sleep area for master room ! This unit is awesome.
- Susan Tacovsky, New Hampshire

2020-09-08 2019 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Worst Motorhome I’ve ever had. The bunk has never worked and after taking it into BYoung RV multiple times (mind you it’s a year old) and purchasing the extended warranty, it’s a piece of 💩. The dealer is nothing but hassle factor and charging for everything. Buyer beware and read reviews....wish we had!
- Kim Kelley, Oregon

2020-08-28 2019 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A27 View Listings

The motor home drives ok once we installed the stabilizers. We like the floor plan and it tow’s our 16 foot trailer with our two Harley Davidson Senate just fine. Our single biggest complaint though is the air conditioner it just doesn’t seem to cool the rig off like it should I’ve had it looked at twice by technicians and cannot find the problem. From reading a lot of the reviews it seems that the air conditioner should cool the air from 15 to 20° from outside air temperature are single air conditioner does not seem to cool more than 5 to 10° from outside temperature. This is a big problem in the summer when we like to camp and it’s 100+ degrees in Arizona.
- Les Brown, Arizona

2020-08-26 2020 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Just one question to ask your dealer..in the Axis 24 Thor...where is the battery for the engine? You will not believe this it is nowhere under the hood..nor can u find it in any of the compartments...Just get them to show you...I am not talking about the motor home they r under the steps...Can not believe any company could sell something with a flaw like this....now you can go into the coach with your pc iPad Need them to turn on your ac,slide out,bed up and down,most lights,this unit is All Digital..gets very hot inside when you have go through all these hoops to go thru...plan selling my unit a soon as I get my things out of it..remember ask the dealer where is the engine battery?
- EvelynReynolds, Florida

2020-08-22 2019 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35M View Listings

We bought it new from Camping World, had a 29M before and it was too small and only had one air conditioner. We never thought we would need a 1/2 bath, but after owning this one, we would not be without the 1/2 bath especially since it is forward of the bed room slide, when you're traveling it makes it easy accessible...The advantage of having the 2 air "COLEMAN" conditioners (2 at 13500 BTU each) is the ability to cool the Coach down quickly, when you get to your destination (Heater is ducted and 35000 BTU (88 Lbs LP Gas). We like the fact we burn regular gasoline, cheaper fuel and much cheaper on getting it serviced, (only takes about 2 to 3 hours at a cost of about $250). The 35M is 36-1/2 ft long easily accommodated at all campgrounds, has ample storage bins (113 cubic ft) slide out pantry & over head cabinets. 11 Cubic Ft Whirlpool Fridge with ICE MAKER! Oven has never been used...Outside 18 ft automatic awning & slide toppers over the slides. MotorHome has a 10" screen in dash radio with color camera's for rear monitoring and Left and Right sides, navigation package, bluetooth, and Sirrus Radio. MotorHome is wired and plumbed for washer & dryer, and is staged and wired for a Solar Panel on the roof. 3 Television's one 40" and two 32"-- FORD V-10 has 320 HP and 460 FT LB of Torque, the chassis is 22,000 LB, has no swerve at all when highway driving (the 29M was white knuckle)...80 Gallon fuel tank; 2 gray water 79 Gallon; & 2 black water 79 Gallon; 50 Gallon of fresh water. It has a FIREFLY INTEGRATIONS Control panel (systems operate with a wall mounted Ipad) complete with an Auto Generator Ignition for the Onan QG5500 Electric (Gas) Generator; 55 Amp Converter & 1800 Watt Inverter. Lippert Auto Levelers. 5000 MILES on odometer; 175 Engine Hours; 70 Hours on Generator; All Service records available.
- DAVE, Georgia

2020-08-20 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I bought a 2020 Thor Axis 24.1 on 1/3/20. Because of problems at RV One Dealership in Casselberry, FL I did not take possession of the RV until 3/21/20. I have been trying to get this brand new RV fixed since May of 2020. I paid over $94,000 by the time I got out of that terrible RV One Dealership. Absolutely nothing has been done other than a breaker switch being reset. I haven't even been able to use the vehicle yet because of all the problems. Two of the major problems are that the generator ran for twenty minutes and quit. I took it to RV One and they couldn't fix it so I had to find another place. They found that a brand new Cummins Onan generator with 0.7 hours run time has a bad fuel pump. What makes it worse is that the fuel pump is on backorder with none to be found in the world. More than likely there should be a recall on this certain generator because probably there are many with defective fuel pumps. The second major problem with this RV is an electrical problem that completely drains the house batteries. RV One said it was just a breaker switch and reset. When I picked it up the first time they not only to reset a breaker switch but also had to replace a fuse. Fuses don't blow and breaker switches don't pop just because they feel like it. So henceforth there's an electrical problem somewhere. There are many other problems with this RV: Broken license plate light housing from aggressive installation at the factory. Missing screen on front passenger side which they apparently can't get. Lining on the front curtain disintegrated from regular sunshine. Sink cover sticks and breaks apart when opened. Drawer latches and tabletop holders broken. The bedroom divider won't close. And when I drove over fifty miles one way from Ormond Beach, FL to Orlando an end cap fell off the awning. Two days later when I was driving to Daytona to try and get the generator fixed the edges on the shelves of the kitchen cabinet fell off. Mind you now, I haven't even had a chance to use this RV and it will be out of warranty in four months. My advice for everyone considering buying an RV is to not even look at a Thor product.
- Roger Alton, Florida

2020-08-15 2016 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37KT View Listings

We purchased this RV because of the floorplan. Unfortunately during the five years we have owned it we have had many issues with it. The drive train fell out within the first few hundred miles. Most recently our full wall slide's gear box failed and had to be replaced. It failed because there is damage to the floor that is causing the slide to catch when it is retracted and put undue strain on the gear box. We have been told this large a slide should never have been a cable operated slide. While the gear box is covered under our extended warranty the repair to the floor is not considered mechanical and is not covered. Additionally we are having issues with our levelers losing hydraulic fluid requiring the replacement of the leveler. We have replaced the circuit board for the furnace twice now because despite our best efforts we cannot determine how water is getting onto the board. Even our RV tech is puzzled by this. Until we solve this issue the third circuit board will remain in the box. We had to replace the "control panel" in the outside water cabinet because of issues with the switch that allows you to change from city to tank, etc. The furniture is peeling after less than five years despite the fact it is manufactured by Flex Steel. Very disappointing. A cushion to the sofa had to be replaced early on because the fabric backing tore around the velcro piece designed to hold the cushion in place. The replacement cushion was slightly different than the original cushion and it shows. Previously we had a false check engine light that lasted nearly a year and required multiple trips to Ford dealers that were equipped to handle a unit this big. (this followed immediately on the heels of getting the drive shaft repaired) The flashing for the vent pipe that runs through the roof from the plumbing for the washer/dryer was installed incorrectly and resulted in water pouring into our pantry. The hot water heater valves were not set to allow water to run from the hot water heater through the system. The fix required us to have to crawl under the bed, unscrew the panel to access the water heater and set the valves properly. The electrical outlet in the bathroom pulled out of the wall the first time we used it and there were numerous other "minor" issues. This is our third purchase of a new unit and NEVER have we had the kind of issues we have had with this unit.
- C Evans, Florida

2020-08-10 2018 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38RE View Listings

Do not purchase this unit new. Wait until it is a couple years old and the numerous problems have been fixed. In our first ownership year we encountered refusals to fix items that were clearly under Warrantee. Thor customer service certainly got frustrated with our many calls and we with their lack of adequate response. They referred us to LaMesa RV for repairs only to Have to return time and time again times to redo. After nearly two years, Finally found a repair company that came to the house and and we got the quality workmanship required. Have one more issue to get fixed - front steps that appear to have a mind of their own as to when to deploy. Would I buy another Thor product? Probably not!
- Art Bouffard, New Mexico

2020-08-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 29M View Listings

Nothing but problems with it had in Shop more than camping now the decals are discoloring and looks really bad can’t find anyone that can give me any good answers Been doing this after warranted ran out
- R S white, Arizona

2020-08-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

This RV is a joy to drive, my family absolutely loves it. The giant curved front window makes every journey, even traffic, somehow more enjoyable. We love the sleeping versatility of the drop down bunk, and the compact size in both length and height makes it easy enough to park in most shopping centers and even restaurants. Plus the amenities like bathroom, stove, heat & AC, sound system and 3 TV's make it an amazing travel vehicle. I'd buy this coach again.
- Dave, Massachusetts

2020-07-21 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

worst experience ever, brand new less than a 1000 mi, had to replace slide out motor, back up cam module , all batteries go dead, level jacks stuck down can't even move it at this time, had to fix between 12-15 other things, it has been a year, stuff still not fixed and still breaking. had to cancel every planned trip due to defects and can't or won't plan trips more than an hour away, so I won't get stranded. Tech support is awful has taken 4-24 hrs to get support on phone. paying over 600 a month for 20 years on something I don't trust an hour from my home. Manufacture refused to help or give any info for replacement or full refund under lemon law. Resulting in having to hire attorney to make attempt to resolve. All of these issues have resulted many trips to repair, excessive stress and embarrassment, loss of use, many and all long vacation trips (more than an hour from home)to be canceled. All trust with coach and factory support is gone. Dealing with broken stuff almost every time, has taken any and all fun out of using it and has only added frustration and stress at a huge cost.
- Joe Walsh, Ohio

2020-07-19 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

We have 2017 Thor 25.2 and have enjoyed it greatly. We have camped locally in Michigan but have also taken it on a trip out West. The driveability is awesome- drives like a car- so easy around turns and curves and its small size makes it a cinch to get in and out of gas stations, grocery store lots, etc. We love the walk-around queen bed in the rear and the storage is huge. Would recommend to anyone who wants a smaller, easy to drive rig.
- Darrell DeGraw, Michigan

2020-07-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 31S View Listings

2018 Model purchased new in May of 2017. Sleeps 7 to 8. We have had 0 major issues with this coach. WRT to minor things ilke bulbs burning out, THOR customer service and factory support is very good under warranty. The countertop in the galley is 7 ft long, extremely rare to find a galley this long in a 32 foot gas Class A. The outdoor fridge, sink, TV, and propane outlet greatly facilitate outdoor living and meal preparation Interior and exterior storage is very good. Placement and access to the hookups is well-designed. WRT the Ford chassis, driving is enhanced with the addition of a rear track bar, steering stabilizer, and replacement of weak OEM shocks. The 31S is a great coach for tailgating, long weekends at state and local parks.
- Mark P, Virginia

2020-07-17 2019 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.6 View Listings

Purchased brand new from dealer in Georgia. There are 30+ problems w/this rig, major and minor. Going to Thor factory next month. Flooring,refrigerator,drawers, bowing wall.Latest/ costliest is the catalytic converter.Took to Ford w/check engine light on.They found that it is not original equipment meaning the warranty is void. Dealer nor THOR claim responsibility.THOR had the nerve to imply we could have even switched the parts. To what end?(No mechanics in our house)We did contact GA law enforcement to check on thefts. So now we are stuck with a very expensive repair due to someone else. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem and looking for advice. Attempting to seek legal advice also. Zero stars at this point.
- Donna , Ohio

2020-07-14 2016 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

This is an awesome RV. It is reliable, spotless, very roomy, and a joy to use and enjoy. We have had many makes and models over the years, and we can honestly say this is our favorite. We have never had to use the extended warranty or had any problems while owning it. I know if you see it you will feel the same. Watch the 20 minute video on utube with this year, make, and model and you will see the exact MH we have. It truly shows all of the unique features and abundant storage. A gem! Do not pass this one by!!
- Val, Florida

2020-07-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Need A RV With A 4 or 5 Bedroom With 2Bathrooms With Tables Chairs And Body Room For Me And Kids And My Mom And Also To Eat And Take A Bathes And Trip From State To State All Over The World And To Have A Place To Stay And Sleep At I Love To Travel With My Family All Of The Time When The Wheather Is Safe
- Jacquelyn Battles, Georgia