Thor Motor Coach Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (408)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-01-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 37RB View Listings

I bought this RV brand new at North Trail RV in Fort Myers, FL. I used about 5 times the most and it has only 12k miles. I don't even know where to start. All I know is that I will NEVER buy a Thor product again and that's a promise. Everything is of very, no, extremely low quality. The seats are destroyed, the slide motors (even after they were replaced) are failing, the cabinets (OMG) are falling apart, the auxiliary motor and module for the tank broke, the back door had issues, the batteries failed, the suspension is making noise, the roof has a leak, and the list goes on. I hope Thor will contact me so I can enumerate everything. All I can say is, don't buy Thor. And I visited their plant to see the manufacturing . Imagine if I hadn't.
- Dercilio Oliveira, Florida

2020-12-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Maclains rv in fort worth Texas is the place to go for the best deals For Rvs. You won't go wrong and the salesmen are very knowledgeable They have a wide range of Rvs to choose from And rest assured you will find the Rv that fits your family
- Leslie Schoenberg, Oklahoma

2020-12-24 2021 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38KB View Listings

This RV was exactly what we needed/wanted. A few adjustments were needed after we picked it up in Oct. 2020,Thor took care of them. We love it. Our best was 11mpg, with loaded garage. We are enjoying it almost weekly. Its only been 2 mos, but so far, no problems.
- Victoria, Florida

2020-12-21 2014 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 32A View Listings

Very disappointed to see Thor bought Tiffin. Was looking at new Tiffin purchase but swore to never buy Thor again. Thor refused to help me with interior when fabric began to fall apart after 3 years which cost me over $10,000 to replace. Guess I'll but used next time.
- Tom Watts, Florida

2020-12-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A27 View Listings

Purchased a 2018 Thor Freedom Traveler one month ago and just noticed there's water on the floor after a heavy rain. I went on top of the RV and noticed that there were new sealant around the fixes, ac, other pipes, etc. Called the dealership because of the wet floor and not knowing where came from and sealing used coaches are customary. I'm nervous now because I believe weve been taken. They will look at it next week.
- Shirley Thomas, Florida

2020-12-13 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

This RV has been great on all of our adventures. Weather were traveling 1000 miles away or going to the bay with friends on a picnic, she has always done well. The coach is very comfortable and the layout is one of the best we have seen. She has all the comforts of a one bedroom apartment and we have enjoyed the past 5 years with her.
- Eric, California

2020-12-09 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We purchased our 2014 Thor ACE 27.1 in early October of this year from the second owner it had 18,000 miles. Overall this unit is the best value for the dollar for a couple or small family. My wife and I and two Yorkies just completed a 5200 mile, 40 day trip/adventure with absolutely no problems. We upgraded the KING bed mattress to a Dynasty 10 in memory foam mattress purchased on Amazon.(extremely comfortable) Well worth the $545 . I made the decision to add a "Safe T" steering stabilizer, had the front end aligned and had the steering box tweaked a little, to minimize wheel movement in crosswinds etc. These three items made a huge difference in driving. These adjustments were made after 2000 miles. Wow what a difference. If you are going to tow something this unit has the best power to weight ratio of any of the other larger units. I tweaked a couple of other minor items on the front seats, and windows but small tweaks are to be expected with any RV regardless of the manufacturer after all this is a large box rolling down the roads (not all interstates are smooth) which moves things around. All in all we are very pleased with the quality and performance of the Thor ACE 27.1.
- Mike, Ohio

2020-11-30 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34P View Listings

Nothing but trouble with this RV. Repairs are constant. Drawers, cabinetry, everything seems to be poor quality and workmanship. There’s nothing I wish for more than to go back to the day we traded our 5th wheel
- Morrisa Pruett, Arkansas

2020-11-24 2019 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37FH View Listings

26months fulltime layout is great ,also plenty of storage in basement. Drive and handling also good. Factory support is excellent. Overall very pleased with coach no regrets. Very few problems and have done very few upgrades or repairs.
- Bill, Delaware

2020-11-24 2012 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.1 View Listings

I am looking at buying 2012 ACE can anybody let me know the good and the bad. I will be driving it up this winter from Denver to Alaska. I have heard some good things about the motorhome and trying to see if I am making the right decision. any advise would be appreciated. thanks
- James Keel, Alaska

2020-11-19 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

I bought this RV used when it was one year old in 2015. What I can say good is I am comfortable in it (less a couple issues) and I really like the floor plan however, I have had nothing but problems. Nothing major like with the powertrain thank goodness. (Ford did well there so far) Like I saw in other reviews all of the furniture material is peeling off and there are little pieces scattered everywhere. I am constantly vacuuming up pieces all over the RV for years now. No warranty coverage. Very annoying. When you unlock the sliding glass windows the metal lock bracket pops off the glass window. This has happened to every sliding glass window in my RV. I have over the years fixed them myself which required a mallet and precision pounding to re-secure the bracket to the glass via a rubber gasket insert. I'm always afraid of breaking the window. Thank goodness I haven't but why do I need to keep dealing with this. Bad design. Many of the interior wood pieces are cut crooked so when fitted together during assembly there are ugly gaps that are permanently there. Some are quite noticeable. The engine air conditioner has now failed for the third time. The first 2 times I took it to the dealer and each time lasted that summer then failed the next. currently as I write this my engine ac is broke. (trying to assess if it's the Thor side or Ford side) Now that my warranty has expired I am learning how to troubleshoot it myself. The Macerator (disposal unit for waste) broke twice. Warranty fixed it the first time but the second time it broke I removed the system and disposed of it opting for the standard 3" sewer line. But the problem is, there is no sewer line going to the left side of the RV. So, I had to install from Home Depot 3" black PVC pipe from where the Macerator connected on the right side, and run it across the bottom of the RV to the left side where the shore connections are. Furthermore, the shower drain broke and drained all the shower water out onto the right rear tires. There are 2 heater ducts under the shower I had to cut to gain access to make repairs. Then I had to get adapters to reconnect them. Very difficult due to limited working space. The MBA fan on the circuit breaker panel failed so I had to work that issue (MBA shutting down due to overheat). Had to use a house fan blowing on the CB panel to get by. Screws falling out and in some places things that should have a screw in it don't. My RV must have been made on a Monday or Friday cause the workmanship is awful. No pride at all. In all the repairs I have done I notice the workmanship is very half-assed and I have to redo things to make them right. Some screws that are installed are put in extremely crooked which has made the parts they hold come loose. The slide out has gaps where the wood is not installed (no idea why that is) and doesn't seal when extended. So whenever I put the slide out out I have to cram foam stuffing into them so critters don't get in. Internal sliding door latches most have all failed so I have to put something against the doors so they don't slide open while driving. (A fix for another day) The front windshield curtain has completely flaked apart during the first year of ownership. I took the entire curtain assy and had it resewn with all new material. Warranty wouldn't cover it. Also, in the first year I owned the RV the toilet seal would not hold water so warranty did cover that but failure in less then 2 years? Also don't get me started on the handling of this thing on the road. I don't know enough about suspension but from day one it's white knuckled driving. The swaying and pulling on the steering is pretty scary at times. I could keep going on about all the issues I have with this RV. My extended warranty has expired and my RV is paid off so I will just keep making repairs as needed but, I would suggest to anyone looking to buy an RV, spend time doing your homework by checking reviews and talking to people about the best RV to buy. No RV is perfect but some are better then others. I had buyers remorse for almost a year regretting this purchase. I just can't believe all the issues that keep coming up. I bought the first thing I saw and it was a mistake. Lesson learned. If I ever buy another RV I will not buy another Thor EVER!
- John Stuart, Nevada

2020-11-13 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34R View Listings

We bought a 2020 Thor windsport in September 2020 new and the quality control is nonexistent. It has about 10 items that were not taken care of at the factory. We are still waiting on camping world and Thor to make all of the warranty repairs. If you have well over $100,000 dollars to throw away then Thor is the company to buy from. There motorhomes SUCK!!
- Thomas, North Carolina

2020-11-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

What ever you do do not buy Thor Ace motorhome. In 2016 I bought one and three years later every piece of furniture inside of it is peeling. I called several times the only response I have gotten was I can buy covers for the furniture. They do not stand behind their product. It is a disgrace If I could give them a zero I would
- Michelle Hirt, Florida

2020-11-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37GT View Listings

We really liked the layout and how it feels when your livin in it. Others will talk about the suspension and yes it a soft but with sway bar upgrades and Sumo springs and front and rear stabilizers you go from white knuckle to one handed joy. We followed up with a 5 Star reprogram and it all together a different coach. Like I tell everyone that asks, if you don't which end of a wrench to hold, an RV is not for you. Things go wrong and it parts of hauling 27,000 pounds around. The Owners Group will help answer pretty much any question that come up so your not alone out on the road.
- Scott Burns, Wisconsin

2020-11-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

the worst rv i have ever owe no. warrenty on unit from our anyone if buy it used cabinets falling off ceiling counter top coming apart roof plywood delaming bump out ruping on the floor soft spot in the floor
- bryant borland, Wisconsin

2020-11-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34P View Listings

We enjoyed our RV. We liked the outside kitchen. Loved the bedroom once we upgraded the mattress. Some things came loose the first year, like screws. AC and heater works great. Loved the outside television.
- Roselyn, Arizona

2020-11-03 2012 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32A View Listings

The review should have been a -5!!!!! Do not buy thor rvs!!! Thor needs to be sued bigtime for producing such a lemon!!!! All of us stuck with this lemon should do a class action lawsuit!!!! So many problems for such an expensive rv! This company needs to shutdown because they are unethical and immoral! Stop ripping off the customers! Care about your image and reputation!!!!
- Nancy song, California

2020-10-30 2020 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37YT View Listings

The only thing we like about this RV is the layout and the performance of the engine/transmission. We thought we were upgrading earlier this year from our Coachmen Class C but now wonder. The craftsmanship and general engineering from Thor is so bad that I will never own another Thor product. First, the two a/c units cannot keep the unit cool if the temperature is 90 outside. I live in Florida which makes the units unusable at least 4 months of the year. Second, I have had the vehicle for less than 6 months and have it in the shop 5 times so far. Twice for the a/c units not being able to cool the unit and Thor's pathetic response was it is by design. In addition, we have been in the shop three times because the generator will not run for more than 15 mins with only one a/c unit running. This is still not resolved. Another issue we have had is when trying to level the vehicle, occasionally the kitchen slide will not extend because it is rubbing against the wall in the kitchen area. Note this is on fairly level ground. This is an indication that the vehicle was designed without enough rigidity in the frame (poor or complete lack of engineering). Next, when using the furnace, there is a 10 degree difference between the rear of the unit and the front. The fact that Thor cannot layout the ductwork to achieve a semblance of balance in such a small space nearly violates the laws of thermodynamics. Finally, after our third trip, the 50 amp cable provided with the vehicle now needs to be replaced because of the exposed internal wires and poor quality provided by Thor. If you are considering any unit from Thor, I highly recommend NOT BUYING IT!
- Carl Sawyer, Florida

2020-10-17 2020 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.6 View Listings

Bought this new July 2020. We like the floor plan, drives OK but we are upgrading steering and rear end, blown all over the road in Nevada deserts. Suggest anyone negotiate this into the coach before purchase. Big issue is poor dealer support, Camping World in Meridian, ID do not return phone calls. Plan on towing my Tacoma pickup when I feel comfortable driving this thing, quality is not the best but typical of a RV.
- Mike K, Idaho

2020-10-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

Bought the Thor Ace at Motor Home Specialists in Alvarado, Tx. We thought this was a perfect size and the price was better than others. Driving out of dealership was the biggest mistake we have ever made. Immediately we found several (9) things that were wrong the biggest issue was he sink would not drain, the outside mirrors were defective and the camera would not work, the door would not close correctly, the levelling system was defective, could see the road from the door floor and the a/c stopped working. It took weeks of back and forth to finally admit to ourselves that the service department at this place didn't know how to fix those complex items like the a/c. Many weeks of driving to different places from Ford to Camping World of New Braunfels and still the problems existed. They would fix one thing and another thing would fall apart. The levelling system had a leak and the levels would not retract. We finally had to contact a Lemon Lawyer and we were able to get some relief from the defects. The company would not take the unit back so we sued them. We were able to negotiate an extended year of warranties and $5,000 for our misery. I would not buy another Thor Ace and after two years we are thinking of selling it. It is cheaply made, the bed is uncomfortable, the steering depletes your strength and stamina. We placed a stabilizer bar in the front and it help a little. These should come standard on all Thor coaches. If you are in love with the floor plan, find a used one that has had all the things that could go wrong fixed. The builders must not have quality controls in place. According to the service department at Motor Home Specialists, they spend more time servicing new models after they have been bought then the older models. They say that the company is putting out these models fast because they are more interested in selling them fast. BE CAREFUL! Disappointed in Texas
- robert.alfaro51, Texas

2020-09-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

I own a 2017 THOR ACE 30.3 I have noticed a few reviews/comments from owners of THOR products. Those reviews complain mostly about support, or lack there of from the manufacturer. Just like when you purchase a car, your support/warranty is provided by the dealer that you purchased the unit from and has very little is anything to do with the company that assembled the coach, car, trailer or RV other than original appearance and quality. As far as comments about “Fit and Finish” any minor issues that we encountered have been easily corrected and improved. That said, our coach has traveled to 41 of the 48 contiguous United States and has 20K miles, with no issues worth mentioning, it is a solid coach. Easy to drive and comfortable to be in. At this time I would have no hesitation or concerns to start it up and travel anywhere, it’s ready to go. BTW, that is apparently the opinion of every other ACE owner that we encountered in our travels. RVing is an adventure, enjoy the time on "the road" its amazing.
- Ralph S., Texas

2020-09-23 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

Small things the factory should have caught but quick to fix! Love the King Bed!! A must for campers to enjoy camping experience. Like others, mattress not the best. Get lots of compliments on interior. Added extra backsplash at stove and bathroom with peel and stick pieces. Made a difference!!
- Joe Kinsey, Tennessee

2020-09-20 2020 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 35M View Listings

We have owned our Hurricane 35m for one year next month. And we can't wait until spring so we can sell it. Just as soon as we continue to use the warranty to keep fixing it, which is all we seem to be doing. I think that who ever worked on this RV came in drunk on Monday then stopped until Friday and didn't give a #*!@ about the quality of work he/she was doing. We have had more parts break inside the RV, To many to list here. I wish that I had done better homework while we were shopping for a RV because I would have stayed away from the Hurricane
- Mark Bailey, Utah

2020-09-20 2020 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Really bad quality. No sense of pride..build is terrible leaks piped not connected under sinks..wall bulging..screws on floors and in cabinets..non working front ac water pump and toilet room has hole in ceiling..steering is awful wheel canted left..outside compartment doors dont shut fly open when driving..electrical problems in dash no lights in dash smog light issues and only one month old..roof appears to be separating from rear cap...camping world wants me to drive form tx to indiana to factory..as it's too much for them to deal with....stay away from thor products if you want to keep your sanity
- Jamedon, Arkansas