Thor Motor Coach Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (421)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2021-03-29 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

We bought our RV in November 2018. My husband was retiring June 2019. This was to be our retirement pleasure to see the country. Big Purchase. We have had many issues, and was in the shop a lot! However, I have to be honest, Thor was awesome, responding quickly with the many issues we experienced. I cried a lot, was just very disappointing. But zthor was their to help, every time. Mike Thompson Santa Fe Spring General Manager, always ready to help. Cares about his customers. Thor head person for customer service, was a wonderful person. He was right there every time. Just a phone call away. Always very pleasant. Made the problems with the RV, a little easier to deal with. Kudos! Mark and Brian 😎
- Judy, California

2021-03-23 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We traveled all over the US putting 14,000 miles on in less than a year! This was the perfect size for us as a retired couple. It was easy to drive and easy to park. Would fit in any of the National Park campgrounds. Love the king size bed, and having a door to the bedroom that you can close. We installed a motorcyle ramp on the back which worked out great. The ford V10 had plenty of power cruising through the Rockies! The only problems we had were a furnace sensor that went bad, that was easy for me to replace, and a slideout controller that needed to be replaced. The Thor customer service people were very helpfull and easy to talk to. Overall we really enjoyed traveling the country in our ACE 27.1!
- Michael Borga, New York

2021-03-06 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32A View Listings

This rv is fantastic. I got mine 40k used with 47k from dealer. Pro RV in Grapevine Tx( highly recommend this dealer they fixed everything wrong with it during the initial inspection free). I put roughly 1000$ making very minor repairs and some minor upgrades( solar, tv, gaming, water heater, caulking on shower, Full Led 5k natural white conversion). With this rv it would be wise to upgrade the suspension on front if you're taking long trips but otherwise its completely manageable. It comes with a relatively small propane tank best to have an electric heater ( no need for fancy one just a small one from walmart works). It tows very well although using the backup camera it doest show on the screen all too well you will want to upgrade that. The audio is ok you can install a set thats better from cartoys that sounds better i choose focal speakers they are the best sounding. Fuel mileage is great even when its loaded with hundreds of pounds of stuff including a loaded trailer. Never had any serious issues just minor issues mostly caused by my mistakes. Its very easy to manuever in tight spaces. I lived in it for roughly 3/4 of a year found it very spacious and accommodating. Its practically sound proof from noise outside. It retains heat inside in cold months very well. The factory seating is very comfortable much like a mercedes gl450. First trip I took it 1750 miles no issues it corners extremely well for an rv. Lots of storage. Bed is comfortable its a tempurpedic.
- J Thompson, Oregon

2021-02-27 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Perfect size for two of us. Some issues with craftsmanship. Left front plastic cover for window post trimmed to short down window side. No big deal for us but think quality control is bad. Got 2 years on all batteries, better than I expected. Poorest location for chassis battery ever, taking dash apart and getting it in and out a real pain. I moved it down to right front storage compartment.no other issues at this time after 4 years and 60,000 miles. Did install rear ac unit as one don't cut it after 90 degrees and high humidity. Road walked a lot at first, so had it aligned at Ford at 100 miles. Drives solid now and has not changed. Camper world sucks big, but Thor service techs do a great job guiding you through any issues. Had a few tech issues but with their help fixed myself in few minutes or less for all of them. Good value for the money, happy campers.
- Michael Cowen, Arkansas

2021-02-25 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

Pieces fell off while driving first time out piping not connected Sami flush came up buckling linoleum 56 repair items generator would kick off with microwave on tail light fell off emergency start switch didn’t start the jack system had to reprogrammed three times brand new house batteries would not hold charge has been at dealer for nearly 5 months Thor’s representative Jim Aschenbrenner did nothing ... l like the layout this was bought new in 2020 from the dealer
- Bob Geier, Utah

2021-02-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

Own a 2017 wind sport 34j , yes it is out of warranty. And all the leather products are pealing or ripping. Called Thor they tell me that the leather product is no longer available . Why is it bad. They say can’t help as out of warranty and not giving any good will. This Rv has been covered since bought , has only 8900 miles on it . So basically would never recommend Thor to anyone , as like any other dealer , once you buy the don’t care about there product Thanks Never a Thor owner again
- Bill, Florida

2021-02-14 2021 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38KB View Listings

I have had issues with this van (Thor Tellaro 20KT, class B RV) from the beginning when I bought it in November 2020 until the present time (Feb 2021) . First off this van went through (supposedly two (2) inspections) prior to purchasing the RV. If it did, who did it and was their any quality assurance on these inspections. (Rhetorical questions) I am so frustrated and over $100,000 lighter. I heard all the horror stories, from the sales people that sell these things to the problems and issues you experience with RV’s in general, and I get it if these problems started a couple of years down the road (no punn intended ) however, they started from day one and I will take ownership on the fact that I should have done more due diligence in the research and the inspection of this vehicle, I was just excited , I retired from the military and I wanted to get my own RV to drive around this beautiful country since I spent most of my time overseas. Neither here or their the RV has been in the shop longer then I have had it and it still has major issues. We are on our fist trip and I have had to tape and rigged up stuff , just to try and get it back to California. This vehicle just to name a few has lights flickering, noises and rattling that should not be happening, to include , nuts are missing, the side window fell out, water is leaking. It won’t hold propane, the tires won’t stay inflated correctly, the bed broke the first night we laid in it. Again this is just to name a few, please I just want a vehicle that starts off with zero issues and problems. If things happen down the road, I could deal with that, however, this is to much to soon. At first I took my frustrations out on Giant RV (in Colton) the place where I purchased this from, and they were totally wrong on selling me this knowing EVERYTHING was wrong from the jump street, in my next breath I will say that I am fortunate that I have an amazing service manager (Tom Decker) because with out him this process would be even that much more painful, and I will add that I have the GM of Giant RV Mike Jacque that stepped in to get things moving. However, they could just do so much, I am requesting that Thor supplies me with an RV that is problem free and in 100% operating condition and trouble free. V/r Jeffrey Feller
- Jeffrey Feller, California

2021-02-07 2019 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37FH View Listings

Experience with my challenger 37 fh has been the motors in the slides. I just had my big slide work on. Over all the coach is great with the 3 slides that gives you room. My only problem is with ford engine why the don"t help in deadening the engine sound. I am working on that.
- carroll Jennings, Tennessee

2021-02-07 2021 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38KB View Listings

Absolute piece of shit. Amazingly poor quality for a 200k RV. Has spent more time at camping world then with me. Electrical issues, cosmetic, operational, cheap cheap cheap. Save the frustration. Go to the casino and just put it all on red, you’d be happier if you lost!
- Steven, New York

2021-01-31 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Love the RV! Great awning for when it rains keeps the whole side dry, even if we have a table and eat outside, works great for sun shading too. Love the front bunk bed kids love the views from it to the outside thanks to all the big front windows which go all the way up to the ceiling. Great comfy couch bed too along with a nice size California king bed in back which we split into 2 beds as needed. Just overall a great RUV, nice bathroom, amazing kitchen appliances etc etc. Nothing but praise for this RV
- Juan, Nevada

2021-01-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Bought a new Thor rv from Paul Sherry before they sold out to camping world. Worst experience ever. Salesman got a bad attitude when I told them about warranty repairs needed done. Was lied to about the warranty and got stuck with factory some defects to have to fix out of my pocket.Detected approx. 40 defects, many from factory. I would never buy a Thor or from Paul Sherry again! Check every little thing out even if it takes all day and make sure they fix them before signing sales agreement with any seller.
- JW, Ohio

2021-01-21 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34J View Listings

All furniture is pealing Good afternoon. Sorry to hear that you’re having these issues with your furniture inside your motorhome. But based on the year of this vehicle and the info I have collected from our system and at this time Thor will not be able to assist you with getting these pieces recovered or replaced for you at this time. You can though try and reach out to the vendor who did recover these pieces for us and see if there is anything they can or can’t do for you. I have listed them below for your records. I do apologize for this inconvenient but at this time Thor cannot offer anything more towards this issue. Thanks and have a great day. LIPPERT COMPONENTS/LEXINGTON FURNITURE Best regards, Daniel “Shane” Smith Thor Motor Coach
- Gerald Meineke, Maryland

2021-01-12 2021 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

2021 Thor Motor Coach ACE EVO 30.4 Gorgeous light, bright interior! Fun RV for the family. Just the right size for 6. Lots of storage inside and outside. Easy to operate and drive. Definitely enjoying ours. Love the outside awning and TV area. Great for families or just a couple.
- km, Pennsylvania

2021-01-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 37RB View Listings

I bought this RV brand new at North Trail RV in Fort Myers, FL. I used about 5 times the most and it has only 12k miles. I don't even know where to start. All I know is that I will NEVER buy a Thor product again and that's a promise. Everything is of very, no, extremely low quality. The seats are destroyed, the slide motors (even after they were replaced) are failing, the cabinets (OMG) are falling apart, the auxiliary motor and module for the tank broke, the back door had issues, the batteries failed, the suspension is making noise, the roof has a leak, and the list goes on. I hope Thor will contact me so I can enumerate everything. All I can say is, don't buy Thor. And I visited their plant to see the manufacturing . Imagine if I hadn't.
- Dercilio Oliveira, Florida

2020-12-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Maclains rv in fort worth Texas is the place to go for the best deals For Rvs. You won't go wrong and the salesmen are very knowledgeable They have a wide range of Rvs to choose from And rest assured you will find the Rv that fits your family
- Leslie Schoenberg, Oklahoma

2020-12-24 2021 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 38KB View Listings

This RV was exactly what we needed/wanted. A few adjustments were needed after we picked it up in Oct. 2020,Thor took care of them. We love it. Our best was 11mpg, with loaded garage. We are enjoying it almost weekly. Its only been 2 mos, but so far, no problems.
- Victoria, Florida

2020-12-21 2014 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 32A View Listings

Very disappointed to see Thor bought Tiffin. Was looking at new Tiffin purchase but swore to never buy Thor again. Thor refused to help me with interior when fabric began to fall apart after 3 years which cost me over $10,000 to replace. Guess I'll but used next time.
- Tom Watts, Florida

2020-12-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Traveler A27 View Listings

Purchased a 2018 Thor Freedom Traveler one month ago and just noticed there's water on the floor after a heavy rain. I went on top of the RV and noticed that there were new sealant around the fixes, ac, other pipes, etc. Called the dealership because of the wet floor and not knowing where came from and sealing used coaches are customary. I'm nervous now because I believe weve been taken. They will look at it next week.
- Shirley Thomas, Florida

2020-12-13 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

This RV has been great on all of our adventures. Weather were traveling 1000 miles away or going to the bay with friends on a picnic, she has always done well. The coach is very comfortable and the layout is one of the best we have seen. She has all the comforts of a one bedroom apartment and we have enjoyed the past 5 years with her.
- Eric, California

2020-12-09 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We purchased our 2014 Thor ACE 27.1 in early October of this year from the second owner it had 18,000 miles. Overall this unit is the best value for the dollar for a couple or small family. My wife and I and two Yorkies just completed a 5200 mile, 40 day trip/adventure with absolutely no problems. We upgraded the KING bed mattress to a Dynasty 10 in memory foam mattress purchased on Amazon.(extremely comfortable) Well worth the $545 . I made the decision to add a "Safe T" steering stabilizer, had the front end aligned and had the steering box tweaked a little, to minimize wheel movement in crosswinds etc. These three items made a huge difference in driving. These adjustments were made after 2000 miles. Wow what a difference. If you are going to tow something this unit has the best power to weight ratio of any of the other larger units. I tweaked a couple of other minor items on the front seats, and windows but small tweaks are to be expected with any RV regardless of the manufacturer after all this is a large box rolling down the roads (not all interstates are smooth) which moves things around. All in all we are very pleased with the quality and performance of the Thor ACE 27.1.
- Mike, Ohio

2020-11-30 2018 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 34P View Listings

Nothing but trouble with this RV. Repairs are constant. Drawers, cabinetry, everything seems to be poor quality and workmanship. There’s nothing I wish for more than to go back to the day we traded our 5th wheel
- Morrisa Pruett, Arkansas

2020-11-24 2019 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37FH View Listings

26months fulltime layout is great ,also plenty of storage in basement. Drive and handling also good. Factory support is excellent. Overall very pleased with coach no regrets. Very few problems and have done very few upgrades or repairs.
- Bill, Delaware

2020-11-24 2012 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.1 View Listings

I am looking at buying 2012 ACE can anybody let me know the good and the bad. I will be driving it up this winter from Denver to Alaska. I have heard some good things about the motorhome and trying to see if I am making the right decision. any advise would be appreciated. thanks
- James Keel, Alaska

2020-11-19 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

I bought this RV used when it was one year old in 2015. What I can say good is I am comfortable in it (less a couple issues) and I really like the floor plan however, I have had nothing but problems. Nothing major like with the powertrain thank goodness. (Ford did well there so far) Like I saw in other reviews all of the furniture material is peeling off and there are little pieces scattered everywhere. I am constantly vacuuming up pieces all over the RV for years now. No warranty coverage. Very annoying. When you unlock the sliding glass windows the metal lock bracket pops off the glass window. This has happened to every sliding glass window in my RV. I have over the years fixed them myself which required a mallet and precision pounding to re-secure the bracket to the glass via a rubber gasket insert. I'm always afraid of breaking the window. Thank goodness I haven't but why do I need to keep dealing with this. Bad design. Many of the interior wood pieces are cut crooked so when fitted together during assembly there are ugly gaps that are permanently there. Some are quite noticeable. The engine air conditioner has now failed for the third time. The first 2 times I took it to the dealer and each time lasted that summer then failed the next. currently as I write this my engine ac is broke. (trying to assess if it's the Thor side or Ford side) Now that my warranty has expired I am learning how to troubleshoot it myself. The Macerator (disposal unit for waste) broke twice. Warranty fixed it the first time but the second time it broke I removed the system and disposed of it opting for the standard 3" sewer line. But the problem is, there is no sewer line going to the left side of the RV. So, I had to install from Home Depot 3" black PVC pipe from where the Macerator connected on the right side, and run it across the bottom of the RV to the left side where the shore connections are. Furthermore, the shower drain broke and drained all the shower water out onto the right rear tires. There are 2 heater ducts under the shower I had to cut to gain access to make repairs. Then I had to get adapters to reconnect them. Very difficult due to limited working space. The MBA fan on the circuit breaker panel failed so I had to work that issue (MBA shutting down due to overheat). Had to use a house fan blowing on the CB panel to get by. Screws falling out and in some places things that should have a screw in it don't. My RV must have been made on a Monday or Friday cause the workmanship is awful. No pride at all. In all the repairs I have done I notice the workmanship is very half-assed and I have to redo things to make them right. Some screws that are installed are put in extremely crooked which has made the parts they hold come loose. The slide out has gaps where the wood is not installed (no idea why that is) and doesn't seal when extended. So whenever I put the slide out out I have to cram foam stuffing into them so critters don't get in. Internal sliding door latches most have all failed so I have to put something against the doors so they don't slide open while driving. (A fix for another day) The front windshield curtain has completely flaked apart during the first year of ownership. I took the entire curtain assy and had it resewn with all new material. Warranty wouldn't cover it. Also, in the first year I owned the RV the toilet seal would not hold water so warranty did cover that but failure in less then 2 years? Also don't get me started on the handling of this thing on the road. I don't know enough about suspension but from day one it's white knuckled driving. The swaying and pulling on the steering is pretty scary at times. I could keep going on about all the issues I have with this RV. My extended warranty has expired and my RV is paid off so I will just keep making repairs as needed but, I would suggest to anyone looking to buy an RV, spend time doing your homework by checking reviews and talking to people about the best RV to buy. No RV is perfect but some are better then others. I had buyers remorse for almost a year regretting this purchase. I just can't believe all the issues that keep coming up. I bought the first thing I saw and it was a mistake. Lesson learned. If I ever buy another RV I will not buy another Thor EVER!
- John Stuart, Nevada