Thor Motor Coach Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (98)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Arlene Dyer from Texas says:

I own a 2013 Thor Palazzo. I would guess buying from was my first mistake. Buying a Thor product was my second. There is obvious

Voted Most Helpful Review 2013 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.1 View Listings

I own a 2013 Thor Palazzo. I would guess buying from <dealer name removed> was my first mistake. Buying a Thor product was my second. There is obviously no quality control department. Our lights are filled with foam balls. A fire hazard. The wood is cracked in several places. Don't even pull out a drawer! The debris behind the cabinets is a disgrace. Doors dont line up, holes and screws missing or crooked. A very expensive piece of junk! I Will stand behind Freightliner! Awesome customer service. Our side had water running down the slide gasket into the RV. The windows leak from the top inside window frame.Oddly water trickles down the inside window for days after the rain has stopped. My concern is water pooling inside my walls. I was the second owner (less than 3000) miles on RV. Thor voided the original warranty releasing them from Any repair work. A company that does not stand behind their product is a company to run away from. Their excuse is "we don't know how well the second owner Will take care of the rv" Seriously? The original owner would have the slide fixed under their warranty. Im 100% out of pocket. Thor knows extended warrantys do not cover leaks or windows. So I can say DON'T BUY A THOR PRODUCT. ... I challenge Thor to do what's right and fix my issues due to poor workmanship and even worse quality control.
- Arlene Dyer, Texas

2020-11-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

Our new Palazzo was not without a few faults but none were major except for leaking low point drain valves draining into the wet bay floor causing extensive rotting. The entire floor was replaced at Thor’s expense. Otherwise The Palazzo has been great, good livability and stellar mechanical performance.
- David Little, Florida

2020-11-17 2020 Thor Motor Coach Venetian R40 View Listings

First, it drives great, even in the wind or when being passed by large semi-trucks she holds the road beautifully. The large GPS monitor makes trave and finding campgrounds easy. The bed is king size and very comfortable. The kitchen is all-electric, so no propane to worry about. This coach has 4 TVs and a fireplace. It is beautifully appointed and not too much glitz. At 40 feet it has everything that the 45's have and it handles much easier. The size limit for State parks is 40 feet so everyone is open to this coach.
- Joe Rosenthal, Florida

2020-11-04 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

Dealer very deceptive. Said this unit was very clean, turns out had major problems ( slide malfunction snd water leak). They knew about these problems, tried to deceive us. Thank god for reputable independent inspectors.
- Pat Jenkins, Florida

2020-10-16 2011 Thor Motor Coach Serrano 31X View Listings

Owned our RV since 2013. Excellent condition. Not one problem. It's a dream to drive and travel in. Have drove cross country several times and have enjoyed each and every trip! If you are looking for a top quality motor home, I recommend this one!
- Ann Smith, Illinois

2020-09-27 2019 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 45JA View Listings

Bought new from Golden Gait in Concord, NC. Didn’t make it out of the dealership, water tank fitting wasn’t fully glued and water was pouring out. Dealer glued and I stayed over night. Didn’t make it home, DEF warning came on, slow rolled into Louisville Freightliner, DEF module had to be replaced. First trip, rain starts outside, waterfall follows inside the coach. Kitchen vent not properly sealed. Trip two, no hot water, aqua hot leaked out all coolant, massive puddle under Coach. 6 months after purchasing new, I’m headed back to the dealer with 32 items on the repair list, not counting all the items I fixed myself. If you can’t afford an Entegra or Newall, Thor is nothing more than an entry level diesel pusher big rig. All of the fit and finish is average. Simple items, like bolting the side mirrors versus using wood screws (yes, I fixed it). Half of the drawers stay locked, half open while driving. Lesson I have learned is that the $100K-$200K price from Thor to Entegra is all about the “little things”. I can live with the 450 hp engine versus the 605, I don’t need power sliding storage trays. But, I do need a coach that runs, doesn’t leak and provides basic living (ie: hot water). Today, in preparation for the drive to Charlotte, the toilet stopped flushing. I’ll give it to the dealer, let them do their best, and see if, maybe, we can resolve the list of “bugs”. If not, I’m taking the loss and trading it in for one that the manufacturer put the appropriate quality into the build to match the price and expectation. Our Thor Tuscany 45JA has been a big disappointment. Even at the lower price point, I would expect basic livability. 6 months into a new coach, I shouldn’t have to expect a 2-3 week service.
- Jonathan Garrett, Ohio

2020-09-25 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3401 View Listings

We bought Aria 3401 used with 8500 miles, and have had great experiences ever since. We have put 9500 miles on it, and collectively close to 60 nights on the road. The original owner's file showed minor factory fixes when the unit was new. We love everything about our Aria, and get loads of compliments from our RV friends (many have luxury coaches). With a couple of issues, Thor phone support was able to talk me through them, they had a great attitude and are available 24/7. Regarding RV's in general...you wont find a model or manufacturer that avoids the negatives as posted here. RV's are complex and can come with manufacturing issues. Understandably, the worst experiences of a new owner always get posted on an online forum. *Key - Dealerships are independent; In general, the poor level of RV dealership service centers in the industry doesn't help, and manufacturers take the heat. Thor, Winnebago, Tiffen, etc.. are the manufacturer and are responsible for improving their build quality, but these manufacturers have no control over the repair schedules and lack of urgency that dealerships display. I think the majority of owner frustrations are amplified by the poor service from dealerships taking months to rectify issues on an exciting new toy that costs in excess of $200K.
- Robert Cleeland, California

2020-09-20 2014 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany XTE 40GQ View Listings

We have used this Thor Tuscany XTE for 5 years and have loved every minute of it. Our goal was to see all the 50 states and we have traveled to almost all of them with hardly any trouble in this motorhome. We bought it new and of course had to go the the factory to have a few warranty issues taken care of and the factory treated us like family. I cannot complain about the motorhome purchase or the motorhome service center. We are very happy customers. The best part of owning this coach used is that it has been very well taken care of and all the issues that could come up have all been resolved. So purchasing it used has it's benefits believe me.
- Daniel Parris, Florida

2020-09-10 2013 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 40FX View Listings

We loved having 1.5 baths. Comfort of being able to stay most any place without being in a park. So many features making it a comfort with a fireplace on chilly days just like being home. Beat way to travel if you love traveling in your home.
- Catherine , Texas

2020-08-26 2018 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 38SQ View Listings

Wife and I really love this RV. When we’re in any camp park we really feel at home in it . Tows great ,no problems towing up grades, plenty of power. Tows a Tahoe just fine. Will accommodate 10 people sitting comfortably. We would recommend this unit to anyone who loves to travel. Wouldn’t be selling this RV but need to down size.
- John Vivilacqua, California

2020-07-16 2013 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 45LT View Listings

Everything about this coach from its 60 degree turning radius to its tasteful decor, quality cabinetry, comfort and ride make it a pleasure to be in. The storage is awesome having a bath and a half bath is an absolute dream.
- Leslee, Florida

2020-07-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 42GX View Listings

Coach overall is OK to say the least. Their customer service most times leaves you feeling like you just talked to a 5th grader ! Issues I'v had (electrical, heating,plumbing, slides) they didn't have answers for and referred me to their sub's to get info. Had called warranty places for info and they also had no answers. Ended up doing all the repairs myself. Now a 3 year old coach has peeling wallpaper, they told me to try and glue it back , use a hair dryer to smooth it. Pay almost 300K for a coach and this is what you get from Thor !
- Ralph Roth, Arizona

2020-05-12 2020 Thor Motor Coach Aria 4000 View Listings

Love it! Purchased new in June 2019. Had a few minor problems like drawers opening while driving. Leak under sink and bad propane tank regulator which was probably bad at installation. All repaired with no questions. Warranty. We have 7000 miles on coach, more if we didn’t have this stay at home order from the Governor. Can’t wait to get back on the road. This coach drives like a dream.
- Craig Richardson, Illinois

2020-04-25 2020 Thor Motor Coach Aria 4000 View Listings

Purchased new in June 2019. Love it. We have 7000 miles as of writing review. Had a few minor problems as most new motorcoach’s have. Trim, drawer fit, faucet leak, and sensor fell off the electric toilet. All repaired to our satisfaction. Can’t wait to take off again, but this Corona 19 virus has us staying home in Illinois. The floor plan is the best and we have all the luxury of coach’s costing much more. Highly recommend this coach.
- Craig Richardson, Illinois

2020-04-05 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Great quality cabinets and great layout. Very poor craftsmanship. Unlike the factory video, no quality over site! Had a lot of simple problems that better craftsmanship or good quality oversight would have prevented!! No excuse for this at this price level!! Shop elsewhere!!!!!!
- Gary Leavesley , Pennsylvania

2020-03-25 2018 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Ok the electric side of water heater dint work can’t start generator with firefly system just had to put the back splash back on the wall in kitchen gfi in the bathroom keep tripping also just Lose the camera on mirror. The basement when driving in the rain floods. I have two wires loose in water bay just hanging
- Nathan lawson, Ohio

2020-03-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Great floor plan; however, the quality of the motor home is extremely poor. We’ve had issues with the AC, outside tv has been replaced by us personally, the rear ladder is not very sturdy, right side headlight cover fell off and I could go on. Very disappointing experience and we met another couple last November who have had the same experience. There are other brands. Make sure you do your homework when buying a Thor Aria. We are greatly disappointed and will have to impact resale.
- William Norton , Florida

2020-02-29 2019 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

We enjoy how our new Motor Coach handles, it drives great. We are very disappointed in the quality of the interior, we are especially disappointed in the dealership (Camping World) that sold us the new Motor Coach. Since our purchase about nine weeks ago, the coach has spent most of this time in CW Shop, We would not recommend anyone buying Thor or buying from Camping World.
- Tom Ridenhower, North Carolina

2020-02-24 2016 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 35.1 View Listings

I have stayed as a guest in this RV on 3 trips up and down the east coast. I thoroughly enjoyed its amenities. It has all the bells and whistles. It handles well on the roads. It provided many comfortable evenings making meals and enjoying all it has to offer. It is kept in a enclosed garage when it was not on the road. For an extra price, there is also a tow vehicle available.
- bhelming, South Carolina

2020-02-23 2017 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 36.1 View Listings

1st RV ever owned. Driving is a pleasure. Towing my 2018 Silverado 1500 is a breeze. Was getting 11.5mph towing Rx350 on tow dolly but now getting 10.2 towing my truck. Haven't had any major issues. 13750 miles on it. Only complaint is access to rear black tank.
- Rick Goss, Texas

2020-02-16 2014 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33.2 View Listings

I am 75 years old and have had some kind of rv all my adult life and this 2014 Thor product is the worst quality built I have ever seen or owned. Cheap materials is one thing ( which they use big time) but just poor workmanship should be a crime for what you pay for a class a rv. Thor has to focus on schedule and ZERO concern for quality work. I built airplanes for 32 years and would not have made one year with workmanship like Thor puts out. One example only - all the material on all the furniture pealed off - Thor said won’t help on furniture- I have talked to other rv folks and they had same problem - they should have recalled. I will stay 1000 miles away from a Thor product when I buy again.
- Robert vose, South Carolina

2020-02-05 2014 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany XTE 40GQ View Listings

Coach has a great floor plan spacious interior, handles great on the road even with a trailer in tow, large storage area under, full body paint on exterior makes it even more attractive, 350 hp diesel engine &Allison transmission smooth& quite, all motor homes on wheels have some issues but so far we have only had a few easy fixes, buy the extended warranty it helps on any big issues, Only issue on the 2014 models are the captain chairs poor leather ette materials, will reupholster ours this summer, UV breaks down that material
- Garry Sawtelle , Florida

2020-01-25 2015 Thor Motor Coach Palazzo 33 2 View Listings

We bought our Palazzo 33.2 new from our local dealer in exchange for a Fleetwood Fiesta. After the Fiesta, the Palazzo is a dream. We love the floor plan and amenities. Like all mobile homes, they are now produced to be lighter and cheaper while offering amenities people demand. We have been extremely happy with ours. Any issues we had (heater and fridge) are items produced by other companies and we do not hold Thor responsible for the minor issues we experienced. We lived in it for 2 years when my husband took contracts, returning home for short periods in-between 6month periods. We are now going to full time in it, and are selling our house to do so. Hope that tells you how satisfied we were with ours.
- Veronica, Arkansas

2020-01-04 2016 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 36MQ View Listings

I have owned several RV and in 2016 I bought the Tuscany 36MQ new and it is the most functional RV, perfectly laid out. The factory support was always helpful when needed.It is great on fuel. The past 3 years I have averaged overall 9.85MPG. I've had very few problems, most I took care of. Dealership and factory support was also great.
- munroer1, Florida

2019-12-27 2018 Thor Motor Coach Aria 3901 View Listings

Friends of our cut their losses and sold their Aria for a Dutch Star. The floor plan is great, but everything after that is a huge disappointment. The quality of the workmanship is extremely disappointing. We have had so many problems with the motor home that it would take me days to summarize. When you see discounts on the new models, it’s because the secret is out about quality and customer support. If you are looking for a very disappointing experience and a significant loss in value, buy a Thor and buy it from La Mesa. This is not a disgruntled customer expressing an emotional concern, this is a interested person trying to help others.
- Bill Norton , Florida