Thor Motor Coach Chateau RVs Reviews (41)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Chateau RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Russ o'Neal from Tennessee says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Chateau RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

We decided to sell our 15 year old 33 ft Jayco Designer traver trailer, which we never had a problem with, and move up to a class C RV. We should have kept the Jayco. I have zero issues the the Ford 450 chassis. I have many issues with the part Thor is responsible for. Poor workmanship, engineering and quality. The electrical is a night mirror. Wire running every were inside and underneath. Excess wire is bundled up and ty warped to the chassis. The Seiki TVs are terrible. They won't accept any RV park cable signals. Called Thor and they told me that's the way the TVs are made, you need a cable box to convert the signal. We have been on the road two months and one of the TV has alread quit working. We have had water leaks under the shower. I fixed that. The radio in the bedroom is broke, the radio and back up monitor up front is intermittent, Works when to feels like it. Cold air leaks in around the entrance door. The door is warped. The latch isn't aligned properly making the door hard to open and close. This is also why the door is warped. I tried to adjust it, but no adjustment is possible. The water check valve between the pump and fresh water tank leaks, causing the pump to cycle every few minutes. It also causes the fresh water tank to over fill when hooked up to city water. I would not recommend a Thor RV to an enemy. If you are considering purchasing an RV do your self a favor and stay away from Thor!
- Russ o'Neal, Tennessee

2019-05-29 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 23U View Listings

I found this vehicle to be perfect for two people driving cross country with a dog. I chose the Chateau model 23U which has no pullouts and found that the floor plan worked very well. The full-size bed in the back was very comfortable and the kitchen and bathroom were spacious and well placed.
- Bob Keher, South Carolina

2019-05-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

I've owned many motorhomes and campers in my lifetime so I've seen good and poor quality but this 2018 Thor Class C is the worst I've ever seen. The materials are extremely cheap and the workmanship is very very poor. From doors not closing properly, to a leaking faucet to no insulation in the cab - extremely noisey driving down the road. Trim is falling off all over the place. The subfloor is delaminating in areas where there are no water lines. The slide out struggles to go in and out, as well as the power awning. We bought the RV with 10,000 miles on it. Pure junk for $80,000. Thor, Jayco is all the same junk. Embarrassing to show our friends. I can't believe a company would build a pile of crap like this.
- Mark, Wisconsin

2019-04-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22B View Listings

We have really had no issues. Only had to have a blind adjusted and the kitchen sink faucet tightened. Other than that we have been lucky. Our dealership is Click it RV in Spokane. They have been outgoing every time we had questions. It was our first motorhome. We just traded it in for a 2019 Chateau 28Z. Hope this goes just as well.
- David Price, Washington

2019-03-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Purchased a brand new 2016 Thor 31W Chateau Class C motorhome from in Dothan, AL. I was living in SW Georgia at the time, 40 miles southeast of Dothan. During the first six months, I chalked up slightly more miles than 400 miles driving the vehicle back to the dealership for repairs and equipment adjustments; more than actual miles on the road using it. The first problems centered around the automatic levelers - two trips. There was not anything mechanically wrong with the levelers, they were not properly programed. One could argue this was the fault of the selling agent. Next came one trip concerning the roof vent leaking in the bedroom. The dealer said they could not find anything that was causing it. There was one other incident of a roof vent leaking while driving the vehicle during a heavy rain storm, but I feel this was caused by the excessive amount of water accumulating on the roof and the speed of the vehicle, forcing the water upward into the vent cover. Having owned a Class A pusher I used for a trade in, I knew to install vent covers over all of the roof vents to prevent the leaking from happening again. Next came the windows. After driving the vehicle to a campsite while it was raining, my wife notice water on the window sill of the window behind the jack-knife sofa. During our return trip home, she sat on the sofa and noticed that the window did not stay tight against the outside of the RV while driving over 50 mph. After taking the vehicle back to the dealer, a camping World employee sat in the seat and videotaped the window during a test drive. Verifying that the window did open at the high rate of speed of 50 mph, the tape was sent to Thor and a replacement window was supplied, installed by the selling agent. It took more than a month to receive the replacement window. Concerned that the design of the window was a problem, we checked out the window next to the dinette and noticed that it also was not staying tight after the vehicle reached more than 50 mph. This window also was eventually replaced by Thor and installed by the selling agent. However, both replacement windows continued to leak while driving in the rain. I eventually had to permanently seal them. The next problem involved the shower, which was leaking into the main coach area because the shower was not properly sealed during installation. Camping World verified the leak and sealed the shower, but I ended up having to reseal it myself. The final problem involved a horizontal wall strip on the back wall of the motorhome. The strip is used to cover the wall paneling and an upper portion of wall covering. The strip is glued to the Styrofoam cover. This area of the motorhome gets hot during the summer from the sun and the glue dries. The strip then falls off. I ended up having to purchase small screws the same color of the strips and used them to attach the strip of the upper molding. There were actually three other problems with the RV. The vehicle's dash air conditioner needed a replacement part and there was a problem with the driver’s seatbelt cover. Both were quickly repaired by the local Dothan vehicle dealer. The final problem involved the motor for the awning, which had to be replaced soon after the one-year Thor warranty expired. I feel that these last three problems was not directly attributable to Thor. Although I have not had any problems during the past two years with the RV, I honestly could not recommend the company. I feel that Thor’s quality assurance people are its customers.
- William White, Maine

2018-11-15 2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 28Z View Listings

Our second Motorhome. First one was a learning experience. This motorhome had every feature we wanted. Great layout and massive storage. Perfect for two. Vacation trips from Illinois to Maine, Florida, Wisconsin and Texas. No problems. Drives and maneuvers easily. Ideal size. Drives like a longer version of our pickup truck. Would recommend this motorhome for short to medium stays.
- Bill, Illinois

2018-10-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 23U View Listings

Thor has many manufacturers defects overall. And the 23U with corner bed is terrible. But my fault for purchasing it. The Ford 450 is fabulous. The dually tire stems were missing so I had to take it to a tire shop for air and extenders. That could have been dangerous on the open road. I’m ready to trade it after only 15 months.
- Marcia, Texas

2018-10-17 2014 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 35SK View Listings

Really nice RV, handles great and does a great job towing trailer with plenty of power to through mountain areas. Has good storage inside and out. Easy coach to maintain and service. King size bed is nice plus.
- Jackie Dana, Ohio

2018-10-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22E View Listings

The coach is very nice overall. When you buy it, there is nothing you would have to do except use it. Thor is very good on repair locations if need be. As long as you have something like AAA you will be fine should it be needed. The coach is comfortable in hot or cold weather , great for small family as I mentioned in the ad. Coach has great power and will tow around 5000lbs. So small trailer or ohv. I loved the ease of pulling or backing in to RV sites and Easy unhook to go to town for shopping. Very nice unit overall.
- Jeff, Arizona

2018-10-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22E View Listings

- Jeff, Arizona

2018-08-20 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24F View Listings

Purchased in June took out once and the sewage pipe broke from driving into a parking lot. Too low to ground. It has been in the shop now for 2 weeks fixing the sewage pipe. Also the kitchen fan didn't work, Thor forgot to wire it in. Door was crooked and couldn't lock. I'm sure when we pick it up and take back out the sewage pipe is going to break again because the parts were replaced, but the problem still exists with it being too low to the ground. Stay clear of this model, or make sure you double check the sewage pipe clearance to the ground. I wouldn't buy this class c., livability sucks. Truck doesn't have power and too much play in the steering wheel.
- YVETTE GUERRA, California

2018-08-08 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 26B View Listings

After 13 months we took a loss and traded the Thor in. We purchased new and have many of the same complaints as others. Entry door was warped and never sealed well when closed. Electrical was an issue. The coach was in service four different times and waiting for warranty parts took 4 to 5 weeks. Converter was miswired and melted and could have easily caused a fire. We were unable to run the air unless we were plugged into 30 amp. Using the microwave caused the breakers to flip whether we were on generator or plugged in. The motor on the awning was replaced also as it seemed to be terribly underpowered and several times we had an ordeal trying to retract. Dinette benches seemed to feel as they were tilted forward. Uncomfortable. We would recommend purchasing a Thor Chateau.
- Dana Yost, Texas

2018-07-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Warning to all, Thor is probably the absolute worst at putting out quality coaches. Cabinets falling apart even after third repair! Plumbing leaks and to top the leaks off the electrical (120volt) sits just below and a little to the side of the water filter and fresh water tank!!! Luckily I got the leak stopped before someone got electrocuted!!! The motorhome is still covered in sawdust, styrofoam, dirt, loose screws, wire, pieces of metal. Slide locks up, levelers do not level even after talking to the mfgr. Drawer guides falling apart bearings falling out. Drawers falling apart. Flooring buckling. Note the dealer La Mesa RV has had the coach for 3 months total and everything they said they fixed has fallen apart again. Don't buy a Thor This is only part of it.
- Keith Bebo, Arizona

2018-06-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Horrible quality...everything had problems. Leaks inside, plumbing problems, flimsy doors and drawers, wrinkles in flooring, sewer hookups impossible to connect, ice maker didn’t work, commodes stopped up constantl & Black water tank was poorly designed, tankless hot water system was a joke, A/C not adequate for 31’ ...bedroom was hot, We traded with only 2800 miles on it just to get rid of it at a great loss, but we were thrilled to be rid of it. The worst part was that Camping World where we purchased iit was useless in addressing our problems and Thor Manufacturing was unresponsive as well. Don’t buy a THOR!!!!
- John Barnes, Georgia

2018-04-13 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31E Bunkhouse View Listings

wanted a class C..this fit the floor plan we were looking for...it has been an albatrouse from day 1. too much play in the steering, the sewer flush was in backwards.. the first time we used it we had water coming out of the walls and bedroom radio speekers. the radio had to be replaced. the overhead outlet was not working because they had to tear out the whole wall to find out it was not connected at ALL. The slide guide underneath became jarred causing the slide not to come in. the guide should have had 4 screws to hold it in place...ONLY 2 were used. the tankless water heater is joke!!! never worked properly. tankless are great for a home, NOT for an rv. The door lock on the passenger side did not work. the generator takes forever to turn on. the awning is a scary item as it moves extremely slow and if you do not stop it from going all the way to the end it will retract backwards. only 1 of the four tvs worked. come to find out they were connected wrong..
- disgruntled owner, North Carolina

2018-02-07 2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31L View Listings

Had this RV going on 2 years now and love it. On one trip, my family and me lived in it continuously for 35 days. Overall quality is good for the price, floor plan is well thought out, and it's got tons of room. Would recommend it to anyone.
- Kris Laseter, Missouri

2018-01-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22E View Listings

Like the design. Floor plan/livability is good. Ford chassis is good. Thor construction is abysmal. If you look under any panel you will see just how bad it is. Haphazard wiring. Screws partially installed. Just absolute junk. Trash and sawdust everywhere behind the panels. Looks like it was a race to kick it out the factory door. Use it as much as possible under warranty to find the many issues that will crop up. After the 1 year warranty you do not exist to Thor.
- Sad RV'er, Iowa

2017-10-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Bought this RV brand new and have a list of 15 things that don't work after first use. Quality of construction is garbage. I will be returning to the dealer asking for a refund. This is the 3rd RV we have owed over the last 24 years and I can not believe Thor is selling such a cheaply made vehicle that wil be lucky to last 5 years. I will never buy a Thor product again.
- John Morgan, Louisiana

2017-09-03 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24C View Listings

My family purchased this 2 months ago and its been in the shop for 3 weeks to fix dinette table not aligning, refridgerator not working and other issues. While its under warranty that is rediculous for a brand new rv. I am returning from a trip and Im boiling b c there is no junction box so we cant watch tvs...also on this trip I learned that the power outlet is UNDER the dinette table....no outlet in the kitchen, what genius designed that? The quality all the way around seems to be shoddy for a large purchase. The vehicle shake rattles and rolls when driving the speed limit...we call it chitty chitty bang bang now.
- Christina Tankersley, South Carolina

2017-07-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 26B View Listings

Wow brand new ,Thor is not the quality it use to be .4th rv. Awning does not work, its electric. Check battery and the coach says good check battery and its only half charging,buy new battery and still awning not working, top key for door does not work, the wiring under the seat looks like bad, the letter c is coming off on front , This experience is not a good one , but i do get to show off the quality to friends ha ha, Screw in bed frame sitting on floor last trip, Lost my ambition for camping. Even the roof has buckling in it, I guess its just an expensive place to sleep
- Russell lee, Washington

2017-05-05 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24C View Listings

This is my second RV. I bought this 24c new. We travel to Arizona each year in addition to several other trips. We typically stay in our unit about 3 months per year. I am very satisfied with the quality & customer service. We had very few (and no major) defects that needed fixed when new. I can't think of any system/appliance that has not functioned properly. I would buy another Thor product.
- John, Ohio

2017-05-01 2013 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31F View Listings

wave had it for 4 years and 34000 miles. this has been a great rv we tow a chevy sonic and that has worked great also. if they still made it we would buy a new one the 31w no gas fridge is a deal breaker we do a lot of dry camping
- dan maurer, Wisconsin

2017-04-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 29G View Listings

Love this floor plan, ample room for a 30 coach, extra big wardrobe. The 450 chassis with the Moreride suspension handles great in the wind and the V-10 engine combined with the new and improved transmission with a extra gear takes on the big hills and mountains with ease. The Denver mattress is also a big improvement compared to some of the other cheap thin mattresses! The 39" TV is in a great location watching it from the sofa without having to turn your head to watch ?
- Mike , Illinois

2017-04-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 29G View Listings

- Mike , Illinois

2017-04-16 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

I just bought this motor home, and so far I'm not impressed by what I've seen. I filled up the RV's fresh water tank and it leaks, the installers left screws and garbage all over the inside of the Water Compartment, and the fittings were barely hand tight, so I had a leak. Having been in the trades for 50 years, I'm very upset by this type of shoddy workmanship, and the total disregard for the customer. Moldings and other items have not been installed properly, does anyone check for quality? If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy another brand.
- Nick Gallo, Florida