Thor Motor Coach Chateau Class C

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Chateau Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Russ o'Neal from Tennessee says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

We decided to sell our 15 year old 33 ft Jayco Designer traver trailer, which we never had a problem with, and move up to a class C RV. We should have kept the Jayco. I have zero issues the the Ford 450 chassis. I have many issues with the part Thor is responsible for. Poor workmanship, engineering and quality. The electrical is a night mirror. Wire running every were inside and underneath. Excess wire is bundled up and ty warped to the chassis. The Seiki TVs are terrible. They won't accept any RV park cable signals. Called Thor and they told me that's the way the TVs are made, you need a cable box to convert the signal. We have been on the road two months and one of the TV has alread quit working. We have had water leaks under the shower. I fixed that. The radio in the bedroom is broke, the radio and back up monitor up front is intermittent, Works when to feels like it. Cold air leaks in around the entrance door. The door is warped. The latch isn't aligned properly making the door hard to open and close. This is also why the door is warped. I tried to adjust it, but no adjustment is possible. The water check valve between the pump and fresh water tank leaks, causing the pump to cycle every few minutes. It also causes the fresh water tank to over fill when hooked up to city water. I would not recommend a Thor RV to an enemy. If you are considering purchasing an RV do your self a favor and stay away from Thor!
- Russ o'Neal, Tennessee

2021-08-29 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 29G View Listings

One of our dreams was to spend the early years of our retirement enjoying the National Parks and an RV always seemed like the best way to go. Since this was our first RV we wanted to get one that was easy to handle and it had to be around 30ft so we could get around and stay in the parks wherever possible. We found this used 2017 Thor Chateau that had the features we both wanted, the full kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom with queen bed and nice size wardrobe for her; and an outdoor kitchen, auto levelers and easy site setup that comes with this fully configured Class C for me. Since it was used I ran into some small maintenance issues such as 2 bad chassis circuit breakers that had to be replaced but overall i've done most of my own maintenance and i learned a lot in the process. I've seen bad reviews about Thor Motorhomes but this one has been very reliable. We have taken several 3,000 mile trips that lasted over 3 weeks with no issues whatsoever. We have 2 small dogs that travel with us so we decided for our next RV we'll get a class A (still 30 Ft but more storage due to sitting up higher) that has a King bed, and 2 A/Cs for those trips out west during the Summer. Even though the Chateau has an outdoor kitchen, mine didn't have an outside TV. We have always liked sports and tailgating so i want the full tailgating package on the next one. We liked the layout and reliability of our Thor so much that we just bought a Thor Hurricane 29M. I can only hope that this one will be as reliable as the last one.
- Marc, Texas

2021-08-02 2020 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

The 31W has a great layout and functionality. The 32ft length allows us to easily find spots in state parks and drivability isn't challenging. The theater seating adds comfort during time inside and the tv is positioned in the correct spot for viewing. The whole system water filter and ice maker is a nice added bonus. There is plenty of storage inside. The tv sound doesn't get loud enough for us so we connected a speaker to help.
- Carey Vassallo, North Carolina

2021-07-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31E Bunkhouse View Listings

The Thor Chateau 31 E has been a great RV for the money. Thor has been great with answering questions and providing information. The Owner's portal has a wealth of information and all the systems manuals are online and easily accessible. We have had a ton of great family memories in our RV and would definitely buy Thor again. The bunk beds are definitely worth having, especially with a family. The Ford E450 Chasis is a bulletproof workhorse and provides plenty of power for towing. It has the Triton V10 engine which is such an upgrade from the old V8. Thor has made a great product. We are definitely happy campers!!
- Nick Corsaro, Washington

2021-07-11 2021 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 28Z View Listings

Total garbage!!5 trips to get the furnace right. 5th trip to fix furnace the radio failed. two lousy trips totaling 5 days and the wall has now blown off in the bedroom twice, the propane guage is wildly off and the decals on the front are peeling off. DONT BUY THIS BRAND JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK
- martin M gargas, Ohio

2021-07-06 2021 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 28Z View Listings

This company has terrible customer service. My 2021 $87k camper has 5000 miles and massive electric issues. This company has give me the run around held it for weeks. Do not buy from this company. You will be alone when it comes to help. They promise things without intent on standing by the product. Go to a small town dealer. They are as bad as camper world. They deserve no stars.
- Jami Grooms, Tennessee

2021-06-30 2021 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24F View Listings

First off most people do not read the entire review so I will start by telling everyone to avoid purchasing your new motorhome from Thor Motor industries. The floor plans are amazing and perfect, unfortunately the craftmanship is done by people who have no pride in what they build. There is NO response to your requests for warranty repairs of defects from Thor. They will tell you the dealer will take care of it and the dealer tells you Thor has to approve it. One big stupid circle. My wife and I have had a dream of retiring and traveling the US in a Motorhome. She was a teacher and I am a Vet and retired Respiratory Care Practitioner. The purchasing process was great. That's were it ended. So far we have paid the $100,000 for the coach and have put in over $12,000 to do repairs on a BRAND NEW 2021 coach because the defects we had were not covered right off the show room floor. It has been seven months and we are still waiting for a shower door that will stay closed. We still have not started our touring the US.
- Theodore Fuertes, California

2021-06-27 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22B View Listings

I like the smaller size for just 2 of us and a medium size dog. You can pull in anywhere and park. They let you in any campground an self contains very well. Drives nice with the V-10 Ford engine and chassis. Mot bang for the buck.
- Lawrence Palmer, California

2021-06-02 2021 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24F View Listings

The 24F is only 25' long, so it's on the shorter side for motorhomes, which we like because it fits comfortably into more spaces out there in the real world. But since the entire driver's side slides out about 32", it is extremely roomy. Its slide-out width is so vast that we easily open two comfortable camping chairs to relax in, which then fold up and can be stored in the overhead bunk when traveling. Thus, there is more sitting area than just the dinette. The power from the new Ford 7.3 liter V8 is remarkable, and I love the Manual transmission setting whereby I can shift through all six gears with the flip of the shift-knob switch. It made driving over the Rockies a breeze. It's loud in the cab while driving, so I hope to do some soundproofing soon. The bathroom size is just right for us. Quality of the wood and cupboards is not great - it seems like if we were to set something too heavy on the wood, it might break right through. So, we're careful. The 30,000 BTU heater heats it up really fast, and our 15 BTU A/C with 9 ceiling vents cools everything down nicely. When not using the A/C, you can still keep it cool inside with the "exhaust" fans. We have four of them, the two standard ones in the kitchen and bathroom, and the optional ones in the bedroom and overhead cab. Keep in mind that if you order the optional bedroom and overhead cab fans, they are exhaust only -- they do not blow air inward. But so far, we have found that the exhaust feature does keep the coach cool with other windows and/or main door open. Outdoor storage is great, especially the massive one at the back on the driver's side. It holds so much! And a 4" by about 3' section goes from one side to the other, so we can store a table and clothes-drying rack in there and they're never even seen. Fishing poles would fit in there nicely too. I wish Thor had offered other options, such as electric side mirrors. Adjusting them is difficult. I wish there were an inverter option. I'm hoping to have one added, to make things more convenient when boondocking and to allow TV (DVD movies) while underway without having to use the generator (for those seated at the dinette). I also wish they had offered a CD player option. I also wish they would offer to have more than a single seat belt at each dinette seat. Thus, only four people can ride in it, yet it has sleeping for six. I wish they offered refrigerator upgrades, because the fridge has only a preset temp control. As large as the slide is, it makes it a bit scary every time we use it. We must be extra vigilant to make sure nothing will impede its travel either out or in. Make sure you watch the Thor videos about using it, and follow the directions carefully so you won't run into problems with that massive slide and its two electric motors that need to remain synchronized. Because the slide is so heavy, it tilts the entire motorhome about an inch when extended. Therefore, we need to make sure we get the coach's driver's side elevated by about one inch before extending the slide. In other words, assuming the ground is perfectly level, we elevate the driver's side by one inch by using leveling blocks. Or, if the ground is not level, we try to park the coach so that the driver's side is the side that's elevated. If we ever found ourselves in a situation where the driver's side were slanting downwards and we couldn't correct it, I'm not sure I would want to extend the slide. And that means you could not use the bed. Of course, even with the slide in and the bed flipped up, one person can still climb over the folded part of the bed and sleep/rest at its head by where the pillows are. I know this is not legal, but my partner has done that while I drive down the interstate so she can take a nap back there. The customer support from Thor is pretty amazing, I think. They have an Owner's Resource website, linked to your specific coach with its specific options, that have all the owner's manuals,schematics,and videos to explain things, etc. Mine has 160 items on it. They also have a support phone number available 24/7, and e-mail support. And they give you hard copies of the many owner's manuals. I have used all of these, and the support is good. However, in a few cases, the e-mail replies have turned out to provide incorrect information. In summary, workmanship may not always be the greatest, but the 24F has a good floorplan and is well thought out. It provides what most people will need unless they need more than four seatbelts. With the slide-out width so vast, there's room to relax in fold-up chairs you open once you're camping. We have the 2nd battery and the solar panel, so battery power has not been a problem while boondocking. We got ours for less than $75K, so ours has been a good buy. You may not find that good a price, however.
- Ken Mercurio, Ohio

2021-04-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

We did have a few issues when we bought our 2017 Thor Chateau 31W and our dealer couldn't fix the main one. We filled out a survey from Thor. They immediately contacted us, said they would have a driver come get our motorcoach and take it to Indiana to fix it and anything else we can think of, and then we could come get it. They said they would have it for 1 week and set a date for it to be picked up. It went just as planned. Less than a week from the time they picked it up they were calling and saying we could come get it. We drove up there and enjoyed meeting with the Service Manager and were offered a tour of the plant. They had checked it over thoroughly and fixed any little thing they noticed. Once it was ready to go they allowed us to stay in the rv sites they have onsite for as long as we wanted. This was so nice since we had never been in that area. We ended up making a great vacation trip enjoying seeing an area we may never have seen. Thor really came through for us, we think they are great, and we haven't had any more issues with our Chateau 31W!
- Deanna Cox, Texas

2021-04-11 2013 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31A View Listings

have owned this RV for 8 years, has been very reliable. minimal maintenance aside from scheduled. the best thing about it is the floor plan with the two slide outs and the bunks. prefect for a large family. can sleep up to 10 with 8 very comfortably. lots of room and open feel when the slides are out. Drives very well. even at 32 feet long it seems very maneuverable.
- Ryan, California

2021-03-16 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 29G View Listings

A few tweeks on this RV and we love it. We added Big Foot Automatic leveling system, a steering stabilizer and Bilstein shocks. The layout with the couch across from the TV, the large wardrobe cabinet and the outdoor kitchen and TV sold us. We upgraded the mattress since the original one was not comfortable. It also is JUST under 30' so it fit in our garage. Did not give 5 stars to overall quality because there are always items that need fixed on a new RV. Warranty covered it but took longer than expected. Otherwise we now have an awesome RV we love! Will be selling soon due to health reasons and will really really miss this RV.
- pamweirick, Ohio

2021-01-02 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

We have been traveling in this RV once a month for a week during 2020. We have enjoyed this RV and have towed a Mini Cooper with it. It is great on gas mileage even towing. Comfortable for us and has everything we need. Big refrigerator, lots of cabinets for inside storage and adequate basement storage. It looks brand new on the outside and well maintained. Inside is very clean and still has a new feel. Hot water on demand, shower big enough. Queen mattress comfortable and lots of closet space. Full slide on drivers side adds a lot of room. Great way to travel without concerns of COVID. This Class C is a great RV.
- Karen Beck, South Carolina

2020-12-13 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

I guess we got lucky this motorhome has been nothing but great for us. No issues at all except tank sensors. Everything works well just need more storage. This is a good motorhome or it has been for us!!!
- Karen Beck, South Carolina

2020-10-24 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31E Bunkhouse View Listings

Spacious with full wall slide. Excellent lay out. Tows great 8000lb capacity. Handles well. Great for travel with children. Sleeps 8-10 comfortably. Bathroom and all beds accessible while underway.
- Beth Padgett, North Carolina

2020-10-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22B View Listings

We purchased this slightly used in 2017 from Camping World. The buying experience was OK. Our sales person was not knowledgeable about RV's and how they operate but I was so we were able to get through. The deal was great from my perspective. We had a class "A" with numerous problems including a leak that could not be found that was causing damage. We owed a considerable amount of money on it. We got the trade paid off and still got the almost new RV for market price. We are very happy with the 22B. It has had one or two problems with the chassis and coach but nothing serious. Beware of the relays in the Chevy chassis. The don't do well sitting a lot and will fail. We have had two go bad already causing starting problems. It was an easy inexpensive fix but since the problem was intermittent it was hard to diagnose. I still prefer the Chevy Chassis over the Ford. I've had both and the Chevy has many advantages over the Ford. It is very easy to drive and park do to it's size yet the floor plan makes it a prefect size for me and my wife. It has ample storage and we were able to take everything we need with us. The quality of the build was better than what I expected. Overall we love our little motorhome and it has fit our needs perfectly. While many people have problems with Camping World our experience was ok. Their service ability is not what it should be. Warranty work takes forever and the quality of the work is questionable. We ended up taking ours to a private RV repair facility and were more that satisfied with the quality of service we received. If you're looking for a small motorhome and the ability to travel without a toad this RV makes it easy.
- John Anthony DelDuco Jr, Maryland

2020-08-26 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31E View Listings

This was the first RV I had ever purchased, and did it for my parents but I ended up using it more than they did. Driving was a breeze, set up was way easier than expected, and it has so many entertaining and 'comfort' aspects to it. As a family of 4 with two high schoolers, we have taken it out the past 2 Thanksgivings and spent some time out and about. It's been awesome, we were able to fully cook Thanksgiving dinners, and something we will always remember. Favorite things for me would be how easy everything is in functionality, the quality of kitchen for everything we need, the separate master bedrooom area and how nice that is, and the number of TV's for entertaining when you want to do that kind of thing too. Loved the fact that the unit could hook up to electric and water, but if you don't have access to those things it does have a separate water tank and generator. That was an awesome addition I never would have thought of as a first time buyer. Negatives for this unit would be that the bunk beds are a bit small and my son grew out of that quickly so he uses the bulkhead, but a positive on that was the bunk bed gave us more storage. That's another positive - the unit has all kinds of storage inside and out. The only other negative is the layout of the living room, while not horrible I do wish the driving and passenger seats would swivel, but in the grand scheme of things that is pretty minor. Most people we've ever had at the camper at one time was 8, and it was pretty tight, but fortunately we spent most of our time outside. I would probably cap it at 5 or 6 adults. Anyway, for our first RV experience I think this unit knocked it out of the park. The benefits significantly outweigh the negatives, and I would recommend this style camper to anyone looking for a good get away.
- BEN PEACOCK, Georgia

2020-07-27 2019 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22E View Listings

Love this rv is a good size, fun for all the family to go camping has a outside shower queen bed,nice size bathroom dining table just love it is a lot of fun and cozy all you need more in a rv 22 footer
- Elizabeth Rios, California

2020-07-24 2019 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 28Z View Listings

First motorcoach. Purchased it a month ago with 2300 miles on it. Wondered why previous owner only had it 8 months. Now we know. First trip out- trim flew off over cab100 miles down road. Had to secure it with duct tape. Side of dinette seating fell off after 200 miles- particle board screwed in with teeny tiny screws so when you slide out of dinette, only a matter of time before it falls off. Had to put larger wood screws in from outside. Floor is coming up in several places. Mystery water showed up on floor outside of bathroom and all over kitchen floor- took off panel and find that shower drain connection is broken- flawed floor design under shower- huge hole in plywood near drain so you are actually supported only by a piece of foam- any weight and the drain moves and pipes break. Water soaked all over under the walls, shower, electrical, even outside. Front seats don’t recline because they put the theater seating right up against the back of passenger seat- all they had to do was move theater seat back a couple of inches but instead you have to sit bolt upright in front. Driver seat hits slideout when all closed up. We had to have a piece of the trim cut back to prevent damage to the seat. Air conditioner thermostat is cheap and doesn’t do its job at all. You either freeze because it doesn’t shut off or boil because it doesn’t come on. Cloth trim around passenger seat not attached to anything. Roof not sealed properly so it is bubbling up in a five foot section. Very very disappointed with the quality and workmanship. many switches located inside door along floor- have to bend over to see them even when standing outside. And if in coach at night have to walk down stairs, open door and step out to turn in lights. Sewer pipe hangs low under chassis. Terrified to go over any type of bump. On plus side, Big basement and overall we like the floor plan, other than the front seats issue. We have two thousand miles left on our trip, but will trade this in at first opportunity. Never ever buy a Thor again. Customer service was friendly but said most people don’t try to fix themselves- take back to dealer for repairs. We’d be there all the time.
- Kathleen, Texas

2020-03-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 26B View Listings

The 26B is a good size it’s not too large but it’s small enough to fit into our driveway. We have had six people sleeping in this unit without any problem. I really like the 18 foot awning, And it has LED lighting for nighttime barbecues. The outside TV makes it convenient to watch the morning news while I cook bacon and eggs. At night we can watch television in the evening from our queen size bed. Overall I think the 26B was a real winner for Thor motorcoach.
- Del Averdick , Florida

2020-02-10 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24F View Listings

Love this unit. Drives easy. Lots of power. Easy to park and tow. CRV behind. Gas mileage is what is expected with the Ford V10. Lots of room with a full slide. Thor motor coach makes a very good solid unit.
- Steve Rigsby, Alabama

2020-01-03 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24F View Listings

This Rv drives like a car and is very easy to control while towing a vehicle. Ford V10 combination is the best in towing. Very compact but roomy inside with a full drivers slide. Very happy with all the features of the radio and rear camera.
- Steven Rigsby , Florida

2019-11-03 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31E Bunkhouse View Listings

We have a 2018 Thor Chateau 31 bunkhouse. Quality and workmanship are horrible. Screws falling off all over by the furniture, shades, cabinets. cabinets are stapled together and fall apart after 15,000 miles. Glass fell out of the main door. A bolt head is lifting up the flooring in the bathroom obviously backing out from vibration. Cabinet faces are paper. Don't use anything but a damp cloth on them. Bathroom door frame isnt straight. Window screens fall apart. Bunk curtains are made so cheap that you will replace them after the kids use them a few times. All I can say is what a piece of s***! I chose Thor because I thought the quality was better. It is garbage. And the people putting these things together could care less about workmanship. If you doubt me start to look closely inside the cabinets, under the cushions, under the mattress where the plumbing and wiring is. You are spending 60 to 100,000 and getting less than mobile home quality and workmanship. If your car was built like this you'd Sue the company. Don't waste your money like I did.
- Mark Babiarz , Wisconsin

2019-10-07 2011 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 23U View Listings

Easy to drive/park. Tows my boat/trailer with ease. Easily handles mountain grades/curves. Never gets hot when climbing hills. Can go 5-7 days without having to dump/fill tanks. Perfect size for a couple of people.
- Jorb Wilson, Arizona

2019-09-20 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 23U View Listings

Problems: had water coming in through the outside vent and intake of furnace and running into the furnace and all over the floor everytime it rained. We duct taped over it and it stopped, so we know this is the problem. Molding trim on the outside flew off while driving down the road. Poor quality for sure.
- Ken Dunkel, Iowa