Thor Motor Coach Axis Reviews on RV Insider (43)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Axis RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2020-10-17 2020 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.6 View Listings

Bought this new July 2020. We like the floor plan, drives OK but we are upgrading steering and rear end, blown all over the road in Nevada deserts. Suggest anyone negotiate this into the coach before purchase. Big issue is poor dealer support, Camping World in Meridian, ID do not return phone calls. Plan on towing my Tacoma pickup when I feel comfortable driving this thing, quality is not the best but typical of a RV.
- Mike K, Idaho

2020-08-26 2020 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Just one question to ask your dealer..in the Axis 24 Thor...where is the battery for the engine? You will not believe this it is nowhere under the hood..nor can u find it in any of the compartments...Just get them to show you...I am not talking about the motor home they r under the steps...Can not believe any company could sell something with a flaw like this....now you can go into the coach with your pc iPad Need them to turn on your ac,slide out,bed up and down,most lights,this unit is All Digital..gets very hot inside when you have go through all these hoops to go thru...plan selling my unit a soon as I get my things out of it..remember ask the dealer where is the engine battery?
- EvelynReynolds, Florida

2020-08-20 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I bought a 2020 Thor Axis 24.1 on 1/3/20. Because of problems at RV One Dealership in Casselberry, FL I did not take possession of the RV until 3/21/20. I have been trying to get this brand new RV fixed since May of 2020. I paid over $94,000 by the time I got out of that terrible RV One Dealership. Absolutely nothing has been done other than a breaker switch being reset. I haven't even been able to use the vehicle yet because of all the problems. Two of the major problems are that the generator ran for twenty minutes and quit. I took it to RV One and they couldn't fix it so I had to find another place. They found that a brand new Cummins Onan generator with 0.7 hours run time has a bad fuel pump. What makes it worse is that the fuel pump is on backorder with none to be found in the world. More than likely there should be a recall on this certain generator because probably there are many with defective fuel pumps. The second major problem with this RV is an electrical problem that completely drains the house batteries. RV One said it was just a breaker switch and reset. When I picked it up the first time they not only to reset a breaker switch but also had to replace a fuse. Fuses don't blow and breaker switches don't pop just because they feel like it. So henceforth there's an electrical problem somewhere. There are many other problems with this RV: Broken license plate light housing from aggressive installation at the factory. Missing screen on front passenger side which they apparently can't get. Lining on the front curtain disintegrated from regular sunshine. Sink cover sticks and breaks apart when opened. Drawer latches and tabletop holders broken. The bedroom divider won't close. And when I drove over fifty miles one way from Ormond Beach, FL to Orlando an end cap fell off the awning. Two days later when I was driving to Daytona to try and get the generator fixed the edges on the shelves of the kitchen cabinet fell off. Mind you now, I haven't even had a chance to use this RV and it will be out of warranty in four months. My advice for everyone considering buying an RV is to not even look at a Thor product.
- Roger Alton, Florida

2020-08-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

This RV is a joy to drive, my family absolutely loves it. The giant curved front window makes every journey, even traffic, somehow more enjoyable. We love the sleeping versatility of the drop down bunk, and the compact size in both length and height makes it easy enough to park in most shopping centers and even restaurants. Plus the amenities like bathroom, stove, heat & AC, sound system and 3 TV's make it an amazing travel vehicle. I'd buy this coach again.
- Dave, Massachusetts

2020-07-19 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

We have 2017 Thor 25.2 and have enjoyed it greatly. We have camped locally in Michigan but have also taken it on a trip out West. The driveability is awesome- drives like a car- so easy around turns and curves and its small size makes it a cinch to get in and out of gas stations, grocery store lots, etc. We love the walk-around queen bed in the rear and the storage is huge. Would recommend to anyone who wants a smaller, easy to drive rig.
- Darrell DeGraw, Michigan

2020-07-17 2019 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.6 View Listings

Purchased brand new from dealer in Georgia. There are 30+ problems w/this rig, major and minor. Going to Thor factory next month. Flooring,refrigerator,drawers, bowing wall.Latest/ costliest is the catalytic converter.Took to Ford w/check engine light on.They found that it is not original equipment meaning the warranty is void. Dealer nor THOR claim responsibility.THOR had the nerve to imply we could have even switched the parts. To what end?(No mechanics in our house)We did contact GA law enforcement to check on thefts. So now we are stuck with a very expensive repair due to someone else. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem and looking for advice. Attempting to seek legal advice also. Zero stars at this point.
- Donna , Ohio

2020-07-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.4 View Listings

I wrote an earlier negative review which I would like to withdraw but don't know how. The fault with the slide out was not a fault at all. Just our inexperience. The hvac problem was fixed in minutes by the dealr who knows the vehicles. The dealer Motor Home Supply in Alvarado, TX extened our warranty and dealt with all of the minor issues that had to with drawer latches etc. The vehicle is very solid, fun to drive and really functional. We love the size, and the appliances that serveus well on trips. Happycamper now.
- Edgar Lincoln, Texas

2020-01-22 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.4 View Listings

Bot new one year ago. AC heat went out immediately. Seemed to be a fuse problem. The dealer is 50 miles away so I took it to a local repair company. Fixed at my expense, then happened again, same fix. It then had 3000 miles on it and we took it to CA from Dallas. It was quite cold last month and the ac/heat went out again on the way and we had to buy a small space heater to survive the discomfort. Next thing the slide out failed. Fortunately it quit after it was closed. The space allowed here won't let me detail all the things wrong. My list of repairs for the service dept had 14 items on it. The service writer recognized my issues as predictable for the model but wouldn't comment further. He didn't need to. So many details wrong inside that I won't bore you with the list, suffice it to say that it is very cheaply constructed. They apparently wanted to offer it as an inexpensive entry point for a class A RV. To do so they cut many corners to hold the price down. I bought it for my wife and she is so disappointed. Pretty sad. Hate the thing and will trade it off, at great loss I'm sure.
- Edgar LIncoln, Texas

2019-12-16 2019 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.6 View Listings

We have owned this unit since June 2019. It was a “leftover” 2019 and, as such, had been on the dealers lot and at shows for the better part of a year. Consequently it had some cosmetic issues that needed to be dealt with under warranty. The only mechanical issues that needed attention were an alignment and loose steering issue along with a leaky tankless water heater. Overall I give this coach a B+. We love the roominess provided by the wall slide. The fact that it affords class a accommodations, like the driver and passenger seats becoming part of the living area, is a huge plus. The overall length of 26.5’ is fantastic for maneuvering in parking lots and getting in to smaller RV spaces easily. I will add that we also own an Airstream Limited, which is why we bought a Thor product. I find that the V10 gets about 11-12 mpg, which is as expected.
- Allan Herauf, Oregon

2019-09-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 27.7 View Listings

We love this unit . It has been a plaster to drive . Thor customer service has been fantastic and helped with some minor things I was not aware of . We have had a few screws and things needed but the dealer ship we bought from(Demontron ) has stellar service it has gone in for a just a couple minor things and each time they go out of there way to fix/ replace anything else that they see is wrong . We couldn’t be happier with this purchase , especially since we got this unit brand new for less than 75k. It really is the best soccer mobile around, getting in and out of tight spaces is a breeze! If you are in the market for a smaller class A , you should definitely add this to the list to look at . Great value !
- Jeffrey Vaughn, Texas

2019-09-12 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

My wife said she'd never drive an RV with a wide, Class A type windshield, but the Thor AXIS 24.1 made a believer out of her! She took the plunge before we bought and gave it a try and couldn't believe the ease with which this unit handles, both on the Interstates and around town. The 2 tiered side-view mirrors make for great visibility, in addition to the rear camera. We've had Class C's, but this is so much nicer! The large windshield provides a great panoramic view as you are sitting higher than most standard vehicles on the highway. The retractable windshield blind is great for helping to block out bright sun at certain times of the day. We like the swivel driver and passenger seats that provide for nice seating at the removable oval table in the cab. The additional removable table in front of the couch is generous and the couch is very comfortable. The kitchen is quite workable, with the countertop extension beside the sink, the 3 burner gas stove, convection m/w, Norcold fridge, plenty of drawer space and generous overhead storage above the sofa. Since the heavy folding door on the bathroom didn't work for us we removed it and simply use a curtain across the bathroom. The twin bed option works great for bathroom trips at night. The area between the twin mattresses provides a great location for c-pap equipment, for those who need that option, with an electrical outlet just above. There is generous overhead storage in the bedroom with 6 access doors and a closet in the hall for hanging clothes/coats, with drawers below. The motorized sleeping bunk that lowers in the cab is great for children! The sofa also makes into an inflatable bed. The table tops, posts and bunk ladder store conveniently out of sight behind the sofa. This RV runs smoothly and quietly on the highway without lots of typical in-cabin creaks and noises. There are no retractable entry steps to worry about, either! There is an amazing, pass-through storage area at the rear of the RV that is big enough to handle any extra camping gear the average RVers should need, in addition to other basement storage compartments. The outdoor TV under the full length awning is great for relaxing outside watching your favorite team! There are also TV's in the living area and the bedroom. The A/C, with plenty of vents, keeps you comfy in the hot weather. The generator handles extended use with no problem. Overall, this Thor AXIS 24.1 RV has been a great fit for a couple of seniors like us!
- Larry Weidman, Georgia

2019-08-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

We downsized from a 40' coach and like the smaller THOR coach at 27.7 It is comfortable to drive and the floor plan is good. The RV left the dealership (Apollo/Pittsburgh) without its screen door insert, also torn/snagged mattress, torn valance, fridge door panel coming off, bed frame plastic screws coming out and couch seam coming apart. Again--this is a brand new RV! We have been trying to get the screen door insert since we purchase at the end of June. The Service Dept. follow-through is abysmal! The wrong part was sent and now we can't get our service dept contact to return calls as promised. Be careful--workmanship is not 5-Star! We do not recommend Apollo/Pittsburgh.
- Liz and Gerry Vandam, Minnesota

2019-07-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.3 View Listings

This is my 4th RV, and my favorite so far. Very innovative design, great driver and much higher quality than my last three. First, let me say what I hate about this RV - the radio. The radio turns off whenever you put the turn signal on - not acceptable. The radio also get poor reception - especially AM reception. Hopefully they will provide a fix for this turn signal problem some time soon - otherwise, I will replace the radio. Best part of the RV is the ride and handling. More like a van than an RV. My first RV was a class B, and this thing rides better then it did. Towing is unbelievable. I tow a race trailer - maybe 6,000lbs. Still handles great and goes up hills with no problem. I think this has more to do with the RV’s lite weight (mine is less than 11K lbs) then anything else. The innovative design has as much living space as my old RV that was 10ft longer. The whole front converts to an eating area and working area. They finally got rid of the oven - freeing up storage space. Very clever how they got so much outside storage as well. The build quality seems to be a lot higher than any other RV I have owned. I bought all my other RVs new, and there were lots of things wrong with them day 1. I have only found two very minor issues - adjustment of the instant water heater and lack of a small bracket that holds the inflation valve on the tires. I have now had it for 6 months, 4,000 miles, and 6 trips. One problem is parts. I can not find anyone to sell me this small bracket that was missing. Tried three dealers so far (including the dealer that sold me the RV) - all just ignore me. Not sure what this is all about. You can order everything else from Amazon, why not parts for your RV? Anyway, if you're looking for an easy to drive, tow anything, nice riding, high quality RV, you should have a look at the Thor Axis - it really is different than all the rest. Better than a Class C, but not Class A overwhelming.
- Steve Owens, New Hampshire

2019-06-24 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

This is a sweet little RV, great for up to 5 travelers. I found it super easy to drive, it maneuvers great, easy to back up, easy to park! Everything included for hook-ups, and also included is full canvas cover for storage when not in use. Has 3 TVs, 2 inside, one outside for tailgating or family movie night. It’s a perfect way to tow the boat to the lake and spend weekends camping and fishing!
- Dianne Binion, Kentucky

2019-03-02 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

it was very easy to drive for a class a rv large windows has everything you need for camping all the bells and whistles needs a better better up camera the wiper system needs to be updated easy to park in rv parks
- david ramandanes, Pennsylvania

2019-02-28 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

The Thor AXIS 24.1 is perfect for the people who want the convenience of an rv for travel, but don't want to spend all their time hanging out in. Driveability, towability and view are great, but this rv is built to get you to your destination comfortably and then get out and explore your surroundings. When you park, run the slide out and you've got plenty of room for meals and conversation. This rv is only 6' longer than a GMC Yukon XL and 3' longer than an F350 crew cab long bed.I parallel parked this rig in downtown Manhattan AND my wife doesn't mind driving it...talk about convenience.
- Mike, Indiana

2019-01-31 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.3 View Listings

We have been everywhere in this RV, Maine to Seattle Washington, in 90 degree highs and 20 degree lows.We have never had a mechancial problem with this coach. We did have a minor rear window leak that was fixed under the warranty. It drives like a suburban and we flat tow a 2006 Honda Accord. The coach holds the road really well. The coach can sleep 5. It has a queen size bed, the dinette area drops into a double be and there is a bunk above the driver
- Michael J Gannon, Louisiana

2019-01-28 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

I bought a Thor axis 25.2 new in March of 2016. we really love it. It's small enough yet big enough to handle what we want. Every time I've called Thor they have bent over backwards to help me. My latest call was to a guy named Gail in parts. Cannot say enough good about this guy he knows what he's doing and that is very good in this day and time.
- Steve Hipps, South Carolina

2019-01-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

As a new motor homeowner I’m still trying to learn the ropes. My wife and I are so happy that we have invested in this unit and look forward in doing some traveling and camping in our new motor home. At the New Braunfels [dealer] we were fortunate to meet this sweet amazing person [name] who has been a world of help and also has made our purchase and our dealing with warranty work and Minor issues a breeze. Thank you [dealer] for having “[name]” as an employee for this store.
- John E. Flores, Texas

2018-12-16 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Easy to drive and hook up. Plenty of towing capability for a dingy. Luxury at a low price. Fits into almost any RV site. Sleeps 6, but best for couple or couple with two children. Loved the camping experience with the Axis.
- Bob Richardson, Florida

2018-12-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

Although we have had our RV for less than a year and have yet to use it for camping, we are satisfied owners. Our RV was used this past Spring during our move from NC to Coastal AL. It handled easy and was extremely comfortable. We maneuvered through Atlanta, Georgia easily during rainy weather and peak traffic times. It was easy to drive and the blinker side cameras are a true asset. For a family who wants to dip their toe into RVing, this is definitely the vehicle for you. Internally, it is spacious and affordable luxery. Try it, you will not be disappointed!
- Jennifer Yates, Alabama

Verified Owner

2018-10-16 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

Low mileage 4,800 runs great Excellent condition have to sell for health reasons. Tan with the blue trimming of the outside-Great size can get in there any park. Extremely easy to drive and handle. If you want to start RVing and this is the perfect ring to have.
- Gary, California

2018-10-08 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.4 View Listings

We bought this unit early this year. We did a long ride this past September. From South Florida to NY then San Francisco and came back to Florida. Other than the fact that the driver wind shield wiper broke down and couple of drawer got loose everything work like we expected. Luckily we bought the premium guarantee and now it’s on service for fixing all details. We do recommend this unit. Motor worked perfectly as well as the AC. Driving straight over 6,000 miles without any hazard or malfunction gave us a great peace of mind. One thing that we really love about this RV is the fridge. It really cool down. Even on the down compartment almost everything got frozen. The dual mode (gas and Electric) works just fine.
- Eric Pizarro , Florida

2018-09-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.3 View Listings

We have enjoyed this RV. The layout is very comfortable. Working in the kitchen and being able to just turn around to get in the refrigerator or use the dinette, was great. The driver and passenger seats are nice and comfortable. We had plenty of storage for the two of us. Which was nice! I was able to go shopping and not worry about having enough space!!! We are in our 60's and did not have any concerns with driving this RV. We are selling the RV because of our health.
- Gail Aldridge, Missouri