Thor Motor Coach Axis RVs Reviews (34)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach Axis RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

James R. Rohan from New York says:

Have you owned any Thor Motor Coach Axis RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I have been in camping with RV's for more than 50 years and currently have a 5th wheel and this Axis unit, so I do have some experience with RV's. I purchased this unit in September 2014 and to date have not been able to utilize this unit as designed. I have and currently have so many things go wrong or are wrong that I could not recommend not only this unit but any unit manufactured by Thor. I have not gotten what might be considered help from Thor to correct issues. The latest issues are once again with the awning and since having leaking windows is causing de-lamination of a inside wall. I have filed under NY's lemon law to have the unit returned and get all monies that I have spent returned. I cannot and will not recommend this unit or any other unit manufactured by Thor.
- James R. Rohan, New York

2019-09-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 27.7 View Listings

We love this unit . It has been a plaster to drive . Thor customer service has been fantastic and helped with some minor things I was not aware of . We have had a few screws and things needed but the dealer ship we bought from(Demontron ) has stellar service it has gone in for a just a couple minor things and each time they go out of there way to fix/ replace anything else that they see is wrong . We couldn’t be happier with this purchase , especially since we got this unit brand new for less than 75k. It really is the best soccer mobile around, getting in and out of tight spaces is a breeze! If you are in the market for a smaller class A , you should definitely add this to the list to look at . Great value !
- Jeffrey Vaughn, Texas

2019-09-12 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

My wife said she'd never drive an RV with a wide, Class A type windshield, but the Thor AXIS 24.1 made a believer out of her! She took the plunge before we bought and gave it a try and couldn't believe the ease with which this unit handles, both on the Interstates and around town. The 2 tiered side-view mirrors make for great visibility, in addition to the rear camera. We've had Class C's, but this is so much nicer! The large windshield provides a great panoramic view as you are sitting higher than most standard vehicles on the highway. The retractable windshield blind is great for helping to block out bright sun at certain times of the day. We like the swivel driver and passenger seats that provide for nice seating at the removable oval table in the cab. The additional removable table in front of the couch is generous and the couch is very comfortable. The kitchen is quite workable, with the countertop extension beside the sink, the 3 burner gas stove, convection m/w, Norcold fridge, plenty of drawer space and generous overhead storage above the sofa. Since the heavy folding door on the bathroom didn't work for us we removed it and simply use a curtain across the bathroom. The twin bed option works great for bathroom trips at night. The area between the twin mattresses provides a great location for c-pap equipment, for those who need that option, with an electrical outlet just above. There is generous overhead storage in the bedroom with 6 access doors and a closet in the hall for hanging clothes/coats, with drawers below. The motorized sleeping bunk that lowers in the cab is great for children! The sofa also makes into an inflatable bed. The table tops, posts and bunk ladder store conveniently out of sight behind the sofa. This RV runs smoothly and quietly on the highway without lots of typical in-cabin creaks and noises. There are no retractable entry steps to worry about, either! There is an amazing, pass-through storage area at the rear of the RV that is big enough to handle any extra camping gear the average RVers should need, in addition to other basement storage compartments. The outdoor TV under the full length awning is great for relaxing outside watching your favorite team! There are also TV's in the living area and the bedroom. The A/C, with plenty of vents, keeps you comfy in the hot weather. The generator handles extended use with no problem. Overall, this Thor AXIS 24.1 RV has been a great fit for a couple of seniors like us!
- Larry Weidman, Georgia

2019-08-03 2019 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

We downsized from a 40' coach and like the smaller THOR coach at 27.7 It is comfortable to drive and the floor plan is good. The RV left the dealership (Apollo/Pittsburgh) without its screen door insert, also torn/snagged mattress, torn valance, fridge door panel coming off, bed frame plastic screws coming out and couch seam coming apart. Again--this is a brand new RV! We have been trying to get the screen door insert since we purchase at the end of June. The Service Dept. follow-through is abysmal! The wrong part was sent and now we can't get our service dept contact to return calls as promised. Be careful--workmanship is not 5-Star! We do not recommend Apollo/Pittsburgh.
- Liz and Gerry Vandam, Minnesota

2019-07-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.3 View Listings

This is my 4th RV, and my favorite so far. Very innovative design, great driver and much higher quality than my last three. First, let me say what I hate about this RV - the radio. The radio turns off whenever you put the turn signal on - not acceptable. The radio also get poor reception - especially AM reception. Hopefully they will provide a fix for this turn signal problem some time soon - otherwise, I will replace the radio. Best part of the RV is the ride and handling. More like a van than an RV. My first RV was a class B, and this thing rides better then it did. Towing is unbelievable. I tow a race trailer - maybe 6,000lbs. Still handles great and goes up hills with no problem. I think this has more to do with the RV’s lite weight (mine is less than 11K lbs) then anything else. The innovative design has as much living space as my old RV that was 10ft longer. The whole front converts to an eating area and working area. They finally got rid of the oven - freeing up storage space. Very clever how they got so much outside storage as well. The build quality seems to be a lot higher than any other RV I have owned. I bought all my other RVs new, and there were lots of things wrong with them day 1. I have only found two very minor issues - adjustment of the instant water heater and lack of a small bracket that holds the inflation valve on the tires. I have now had it for 6 months, 4,000 miles, and 6 trips. One problem is parts. I can not find anyone to sell me this small bracket that was missing. Tried three dealers so far (including the dealer that sold me the RV) - all just ignore me. Not sure what this is all about. You can order everything else from Amazon, why not parts for your RV? Anyway, if you're looking for an easy to drive, tow anything, nice riding, high quality RV, you should have a look at the Thor Axis - it really is different than all the rest. Better than a Class C, but not Class A overwhelming.
- Steve Owens, New Hampshire

2019-06-24 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

This is a sweet little RV, great for up to 5 travelers. I found it super easy to drive, it maneuvers great, easy to back up, easy to park! Everything included for hook-ups, and also included is full canvas cover for storage when not in use. Has 3 TVs, 2 inside, one outside for tailgating or family movie night. It’s a perfect way to tow the boat to the lake and spend weekends camping and fishing!
- Dianne Binion, Kentucky

2019-03-02 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

it was very easy to drive for a class a rv large windows has everything you need for camping all the bells and whistles needs a better better up camera the wiper system needs to be updated easy to park in rv parks
- david ramandanes, Pennsylvania

2019-02-28 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

The Thor AXIS 24.1 is perfect for the people who want the convenience of an rv for travel, but don't want to spend all their time hanging out in. Driveability, towability and view are great, but this rv is built to get you to your destination comfortably and then get out and explore your surroundings. When you park, run the slide out and you've got plenty of room for meals and conversation. This rv is only 6' longer than a GMC Yukon XL and 3' longer than an F350 crew cab long bed.I parallel parked this rig in downtown Manhattan AND my wife doesn't mind driving it...talk about convenience.
- Mike, Indiana

2019-01-31 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.3 View Listings

We have been everywhere in this RV, Maine to Seattle Washington, in 90 degree highs and 20 degree lows.We have never had a mechancial problem with this coach. We did have a minor rear window leak that was fixed under the warranty. It drives like a suburban and we flat tow a 2006 Honda Accord. The coach holds the road really well. The coach can sleep 5. It has a queen size bed, the dinette area drops into a double be and there is a bunk above the driver
- Michael J Gannon, Louisiana

2019-01-28 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

I bought a Thor axis 25.2 new in March of 2016. we really love it. It's small enough yet big enough to handle what we want. Every time I've called Thor they have bent over backwards to help me. My latest call was to a guy named Gail in parts. Cannot say enough good about this guy he knows what he's doing and that is very good in this day and time.
- Steve Hipps, South Carolina

2019-01-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

As a new motor homeowner I’m still trying to learn the ropes. My wife and I are so happy that we have invested in this unit and look forward in doing some traveling and camping in our new motor home. At the New Braunfels [dealer] we were fortunate to meet this sweet amazing person [name] who has been a world of help and also has made our purchase and our dealing with warranty work and Minor issues a breeze. Thank you [dealer] for having “[name]” as an employee for this store.
- John E. Flores, Texas

2018-12-16 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Easy to drive and hook up. Plenty of towing capability for a dingy. Luxury at a low price. Fits into almost any RV site. Sleeps 6, but best for couple or couple with two children. Loved the camping experience with the Axis.
- Bob Richardson, Florida

2018-12-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

Although we have had our RV for less than a year and have yet to use it for camping, we are satisfied owners. Our RV was used this past Spring during our move from NC to Coastal AL. It handled easy and was extremely comfortable. We maneuvered through Atlanta, Georgia easily during rainy weather and peak traffic times. It was easy to drive and the blinker side cameras are a true asset. For a family who wants to dip their toe into RVing, this is definitely the vehicle for you. Internally, it is spacious and affordable luxery. Try it, you will not be disappointed!
- Jennifer Yates, Alabama

Verified Owner

2018-10-16 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

Low mileage 4,800 runs great Excellent condition have to sell for health reasons. Tan with the blue trimming of the outside-Great size can get in there any park. Extremely easy to drive and handle. If you want to start RVing and this is the perfect ring to have.
- Gary, California

2018-10-08 2018 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.4 View Listings

We bought this unit early this year. We did a long ride this past September. From South Florida to NY then San Francisco and came back to Florida. Other than the fact that the driver wind shield wiper broke down and couple of drawer got loose everything work like we expected. Luckily we bought the premium guarantee and now it’s on service for fixing all details. We do recommend this unit. Motor worked perfectly as well as the AC. Driving straight over 6,000 miles without any hazard or malfunction gave us a great peace of mind. One thing that we really love about this RV is the fridge. It really cool down. Even on the down compartment almost everything got frozen. The dual mode (gas and Electric) works just fine.
- Eric Pizarro , Florida

2018-09-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.3 View Listings

We have enjoyed this RV. The layout is very comfortable. Working in the kitchen and being able to just turn around to get in the refrigerator or use the dinette, was great. The driver and passenger seats are nice and comfortable. We had plenty of storage for the two of us. Which was nice! I was able to go shopping and not worry about having enough space!!! We are in our 60's and did not have any concerns with driving this RV. We are selling the RV because of our health.
- Gail Aldridge, Missouri

2018-06-11 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.3 View Listings

stay away, far far away. motor to bed slide out had to be replaced the same day we bought it. tiny staples holding material on dinette benches, table bracket broke the first week. 6 passenger with only 4 seat belts. had to install 2 more on my own. no spare tire or place to mount it. entry door bent and had to be bent back in place. within a month both batteries died. running lights, backup camera, cigarette lighter and charging plugs keep blowing fuses. huge waste of space in cab, no glove compartment. rubber separating off window seals. very bad support.
- Kathi whritenour Jollie, Maryland

2018-05-19 2014 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

It is interesting to see these reviews and compare them to the reviews on the Thor site where almost every single review has a 5 star rating. One cannot put a review on the Thor site directly so one can only assume Thor puts only positive reviews on their site with first names only. I think this RVT.com site is unbiased and more trustworthy given people are willing to put their first and last names on. Please see my review on this site. There are even more defects and cheap features(awning lights and awning itself) than I mentioned already. The quality has not improved. I went to look at another Thor here near Edmonton and two moldings fell off while we were just looking at a brand new Class C Plus. One was on the step to the back bed where one steps several times a day and another on a corner of a wall. These are (held) in place with small finishing (brad) nails rather than screws which would be helpful for a unit that travels and experiences vibrations. Thor does not improve the quality of their units based on customer feedback nor does it seem to care about quality. My advice: look at Pleasureway, Liesure Travel, Roadtrek, Jayco, Coachman and avoid Thor unless you want a brand new fixer upper.
- Taras Diduck, Alberta

2018-05-17 2015 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

The quality and workmanship of this unit is beyond disappointing and Thor does not care. Our retirement trip included 12 stops into repair shops for major repairs. So much for a dream trip that I don't get a second chance yo do. So far the fridge, stove, hot water heater (3 times) , windshield washers and pump, missing wheel alignment parts required repair or replacement. The kitchen faucet leaked with the cheap counter soaking up water and warping. I had to replace the entire counter, sink and faucet. Mouldings around the wheels are cheap plastic, two of which came off because the screws ang glue are insufficient to hold. In construction there was no care in installing the wallpaper (lots of creases) or cutting moldings around the front windows (quarter inch gaps). Thor takes cheap and lack in pride of their quality and support to a whole new level. Their customer service staff seems to be highly trained in apoligizing but don't have the authority to do anything about it. I have asked several times to speak with someone in authority and am told someone would call but nobody has. There are many other defects I could list including rattling, tiny nails rather than sctews that do not hold pressed sawdust strips in place, cheap plastic dash and sink, and the list goes on. But bottom line I would recommend buying anything other than a Thor product because you most likely will not get a quality product or satisfactory support.
- Taras, Alberta

2018-04-24 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Tankless waterheater is awful and quality of unit is not great; made rather cheaply. Thor warranty is okay but not great either. Dealer where purchased is awful; Horizon RV center in LaGrange NC. Once you leave the lot you are on your own, better buy in a larger dealership. And if you buy an extended warranty, watch out if you want to cancel; they don't want to refund your money; apparently Horizon has the money not the warranty company and they don't like to part with it!!!! Buyer beware....
- Bradley, North Carolina

2018-02-14 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

Purchased from dealer. Worst dealer for service, called when coach batteries were dead, no follow up call from them. Lucky I was still in my yard. Live 5 hrs, 1 way from dealer. They wanted us to drive to their dealership to inspect first. Verify then make appointment for repairs. Told Thor policy... called Thor who said that was dealer policy not theirs... problems with battery draining, had to purchase battery trickle charger for cabin battery. Entry door sticks. Highly recommend buying extended warranty when buying any motor home.. been looking at other coaches, they all have issues. I will stay with my 2016 25.2 Axis, only because because I have to much invested to buy another one. Still early I only have 5000 miles on it. Wish it had leveling jacks and more storage. Average 10mpg pulling 2017 Honda HR-V, manual transmission so we can flat tow. While early I don’t regret buying this coach .... “. YET. “.... purchased cover from ADCO who went to dealer and hand measured my Axis for custom fit.... I have had good response from Thor when needing answered to questions.
- Tom, Oregon

2017-12-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.3 View Listings

Might try and get the lemon law that imposed I've had battery issues with this ever since I've had it. Lost the house batteries 4 times. The last time was just before I left for Florida. drove down to Florida the dashcam burned-out it seems like the dash is so hot that the camera overheated. The screen went black never came back on. Looks good quality is poor
- Jim Cunningham, Illinois

2017-11-04 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.5 View Listings

We looked for a long time before buying our Axis 25.5. I wanted an RV that both myself and my Husband felt comfortable driving. After reading the problems some new owners had we did a complete operational walk through. Inside and Out and I requested the dealer have all tanks and systems full and ready to be tested before I left the lot. We only had 1 issue that needed repair, the night shade. Dealer had it repaired and we drove her home. Great experience. I agree that some finishes are not top of the line but I knew what I was paying for and am happy with purchase.
- Anita Gross, Florida

2017-10-27 2017 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

purchased new off showroom floor with defective batteries, yet was told no warranty? First trip in vehicle a/c did not function? Dealer which sold vehicle withheld sales tax money even though I am in different state and run dealers tag on vehicle. Refuses to give back sales tax funds. Would I purchase another NO! not after the way we have been treated by Thor and dealer.
- DAVE BACH, Kansas

2017-07-13 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

We bought our Axis new January 2016. We find the floorplan perfect for the 2 of us. The shower is a bit small, but manageable..with the dual bathroom doors opening to create a good size bathroom. W.e have made a few minor modifications to our personal preference. We are very happy with our Axis
- Virginia Beaman, Kansas