Thor Motor Coach A.C.E.

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bob Johnson from New Jersey says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 View Listings

Thought we were finally buying the r.v. of our dreams.Only to find out it was going to be our worse nightmare. Dealer service had to be the worse I have ever come across. Thor no better.No body can get air conditioning to actually come out of vents to actually cool. Long slide out problem. screws falling out all over the place...Frame shifts when slide out and jacks down. Now you can't open door.. to get in or out...shower leaks..cargo doors misaligned..more problem than can be listed..have talked to other Thor owners..all have same nightmare issues....All that can be said is ... STAY AWAY FROM PURCHASING THOR!!!!!!!!!
- Bob Johnson, New Jersey

2021-08-02 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

This is the worse designed RV we have driven. Pilot seat does not adjust so if you are smaller than 5'6, you won't reach floor or pedals. One seat fits all deal is dumb. 110 outlet only works in cab and master room when driving. This too is stupid. Not converter. No speakers in cab area so if you want to listen to music to use hands-free phone, the speakers are behind you in center of rv. Do not purchase!!!!
- Armand Chiasson, Ontario

2021-07-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

Our RV spent 6 months of the first year in the shop for warranty repairs. The quality of the materials and workmanship are average at best. The size, space, and livability are good. The basement storage space is above average.
- Delmar Pelletier, New York

2021-07-23 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.4 View Listings

The Thor ACE motorhome makes for a great home away from home...equipped with all the necessities one could ask for...overall quality of the cabinetry is about what you would expect in a mobil home (laminate over pressboard)...Driving is fun but high winds tend to sway you a bit...My wife and I love the camping adventures we have experienced in the ACE...the large windshield is like a picture window in your sticks and bricks homestead...
- Johnny G., West Virginia

2021-07-02 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

Thor RV's make a very good coach and they are affordable. The Thor A.C.E. is a great example. Plenty of room with the slide out. All the amenities needed for a great camping experience. Nice comfortable queen bed, great shower, plenty of cooking space and appliances and super AC and heat options. It's also a pleasure to drive. The vinyl on the chairs, and couch could be of better quality but they are nice. I prefer sitting on cloth so we cover it with a sheet. Very pleased with my Thor
- C.G., South Carolina

2021-06-18 2021 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.5 View Listings

I like everything about it and I'm ready to trade my unit and buy it now. I like the drop down bunk, the theater chairs and the bedroom.Also like the light color of the interior.Also like the gas engine and the color.
- Charles Fricke, Tennessee

2021-06-17 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

To many issues to even mention, Passenger window out of square would not lock, bunk 2" out of square above drivers head not mounted properly major safety issue and could fall down on driver and passenger. Thor insisted I have to bring to factory at my expense to correct. Cameras stopped working 2 months after purchase and after 9 unsuccessful attempts to fix Thor wants me to pay them to fix it. 30 plus other defects 6 months of service time. Still unsafe to drive, no cameras. Worst experience in my life, the stress has effected my health. Do not by any rv Thor makes. Thor trys not to warranty many factory defects
- Joseph M Walsh, Ohio

2021-06-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

My wife and I purchased our Thor ACE new in 2015 for a family trip to Canada. Had an amazing trip, motor ran great, no issues. So far we have 25k miles on it and look forward to many more. Added the 5 Star engine Tune Kit, made a huge difference on performance and milage and much easier for towing.
- Michael Gibbert, Nevada

2021-05-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.4 View Listings

love my Thor bought it used and have had no issues. We have found that we want a larger unit.. I'm looking at other Thor coaches as this one has been great. Only one problem is it needed front stabilizers to tighten the steering. I have owned a number of RV's from slide in Campers to a 12 foot Dreamer Camper, Trailers, 5th Wheels class C and A motor homes
- Cherie Frazer, Arizona

2021-04-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We purchased our unit in the fall of 2016 in Wisconsin. Not one year has gone by that we haven’t had to deal with leaking problems. Thor Industries quality control is terrible as is their customer service. If we had not purchased an extended warranty we would not have been able to use it. The most recent leak damaged the rear cap’s internal wall causing wood rot. We were not aware until the bedroom wall stared to bubble. Thor as usual places the blame on us. This is heartbreaking as our unit has been in service departments more than on the road. This was to be our retirement. I can only advise to never buy a Thor product, they consistently blame the owners and take no responsibility on quality control. We found out that the company we purchased our unit through ceased selling Thor products because of the client complaints and quality control.
- Jon and Sandra Ruatti, South Carolina

2021-04-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

We have been up and down east coast. Travel through out Texas and New Mexico. With cameras for side mirrors and good backup camera it makes for easy driving even when towing. My wife drives it as much as I do.
- jerryesmith, Texas

2021-03-23 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We traveled all over the US putting 14,000 miles on in less than a year! This was the perfect size for us as a retired couple. It was easy to drive and easy to park. Would fit in any of the National Park campgrounds. Love the king size bed, and having a door to the bedroom that you can close. We installed a motorcyle ramp on the back which worked out great. The ford V10 had plenty of power cruising through the Rockies! The only problems we had were a furnace sensor that went bad, that was easy for me to replace, and a slideout controller that needed to be replaced. The Thor customer service people were very helpfull and easy to talk to. Overall we really enjoyed traveling the country in our ACE 27.1!
- Michael Borga, New York

2021-01-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Bought a new Thor rv from Paul Sherry before they sold out to camping world. Worst experience ever. Salesman got a bad attitude when I told them about warranty repairs needed done. Was lied to about the warranty and got stuck with factory some defects to have to fix out of my pocket.Detected approx. 40 defects, many from factory. I would never buy a Thor or from Paul Sherry again! Check every little thing out even if it takes all day and make sure they fix them before signing sales agreement with any seller.
- JW, Ohio

2021-01-12 2021 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

2021 Thor Motor Coach ACE EVO 30.4 Gorgeous light, bright interior! Fun RV for the family. Just the right size for 6. Lots of storage inside and outside. Easy to operate and drive. Definitely enjoying ours. Love the outside awning and TV area. Great for families or just a couple.
- km, Pennsylvania

2020-12-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Maclains rv in fort worth Texas is the place to go for the best deals For Rvs. You won't go wrong and the salesmen are very knowledgeable They have a wide range of Rvs to choose from And rest assured you will find the Rv that fits your family
- Leslie Schoenberg, Oklahoma

2020-12-13 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

This RV has been great on all of our adventures. Weather were traveling 1000 miles away or going to the bay with friends on a picnic, she has always done well. The coach is very comfortable and the layout is one of the best we have seen. She has all the comforts of a one bedroom apartment and we have enjoyed the past 5 years with her.
- Eric, California

2020-12-09 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We purchased our 2014 Thor ACE 27.1 in early October of this year from the second owner it had 18,000 miles. Overall this unit is the best value for the dollar for a couple or small family. My wife and I and two Yorkies just completed a 5200 mile, 40 day trip/adventure with absolutely no problems. We upgraded the KING bed mattress to a Dynasty 10 in memory foam mattress purchased on Amazon.(extremely comfortable) Well worth the $545 . I made the decision to add a "Safe T" steering stabilizer, had the front end aligned and had the steering box tweaked a little, to minimize wheel movement in crosswinds etc. These three items made a huge difference in driving. These adjustments were made after 2000 miles. Wow what a difference. If you are going to tow something this unit has the best power to weight ratio of any of the other larger units. I tweaked a couple of other minor items on the front seats, and windows but small tweaks are to be expected with any RV regardless of the manufacturer after all this is a large box rolling down the roads (not all interstates are smooth) which moves things around. All in all we are very pleased with the quality and performance of the Thor ACE 27.1.
- Mike, Ohio

2020-11-24 2012 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.1 View Listings

I am looking at buying 2012 ACE can anybody let me know the good and the bad. I will be driving it up this winter from Denver to Alaska. I have heard some good things about the motorhome and trying to see if I am making the right decision. any advise would be appreciated. thanks
- James Keel, Alaska

2020-11-19 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

I bought this RV used when it was one year old in 2015. What I can say good is I am comfortable in it (less a couple issues) and I really like the floor plan however, I have had nothing but problems. Nothing major like with the powertrain thank goodness. (Ford did well there so far) Like I saw in other reviews all of the furniture material is peeling off and there are little pieces scattered everywhere. I am constantly vacuuming up pieces all over the RV for years now. No warranty coverage. Very annoying. When you unlock the sliding glass windows the metal lock bracket pops off the glass window. This has happened to every sliding glass window in my RV. I have over the years fixed them myself which required a mallet and precision pounding to re-secure the bracket to the glass via a rubber gasket insert. I'm always afraid of breaking the window. Thank goodness I haven't but why do I need to keep dealing with this. Bad design. Many of the interior wood pieces are cut crooked so when fitted together during assembly there are ugly gaps that are permanently there. Some are quite noticeable. The engine air conditioner has now failed for the third time. The first 2 times I took it to the dealer and each time lasted that summer then failed the next. currently as I write this my engine ac is broke. (trying to assess if it's the Thor side or Ford side) Now that my warranty has expired I am learning how to troubleshoot it myself. The Macerator (disposal unit for waste) broke twice. Warranty fixed it the first time but the second time it broke I removed the system and disposed of it opting for the standard 3" sewer line. But the problem is, there is no sewer line going to the left side of the RV. So, I had to install from Home Depot 3" black PVC pipe from where the Macerator connected on the right side, and run it across the bottom of the RV to the left side where the shore connections are. Furthermore, the shower drain broke and drained all the shower water out onto the right rear tires. There are 2 heater ducts under the shower I had to cut to gain access to make repairs. Then I had to get adapters to reconnect them. Very difficult due to limited working space. The MBA fan on the circuit breaker panel failed so I had to work that issue (MBA shutting down due to overheat). Had to use a house fan blowing on the CB panel to get by. Screws falling out and in some places things that should have a screw in it don't. My RV must have been made on a Monday or Friday cause the workmanship is awful. No pride at all. In all the repairs I have done I notice the workmanship is very half-assed and I have to redo things to make them right. Some screws that are installed are put in extremely crooked which has made the parts they hold come loose. The slide out has gaps where the wood is not installed (no idea why that is) and doesn't seal when extended. So whenever I put the slide out out I have to cram foam stuffing into them so critters don't get in. Internal sliding door latches most have all failed so I have to put something against the doors so they don't slide open while driving. (A fix for another day) The front windshield curtain has completely flaked apart during the first year of ownership. I took the entire curtain assy and had it resewn with all new material. Warranty wouldn't cover it. Also, in the first year I owned the RV the toilet seal would not hold water so warranty did cover that but failure in less then 2 years? Also don't get me started on the handling of this thing on the road. I don't know enough about suspension but from day one it's white knuckled driving. The swaying and pulling on the steering is pretty scary at times. I could keep going on about all the issues I have with this RV. My extended warranty has expired and my RV is paid off so I will just keep making repairs as needed but, I would suggest to anyone looking to buy an RV, spend time doing your homework by checking reviews and talking to people about the best RV to buy. No RV is perfect but some are better then others. I had buyers remorse for almost a year regretting this purchase. I just can't believe all the issues that keep coming up. I bought the first thing I saw and it was a mistake. Lesson learned. If I ever buy another RV I will not buy another Thor EVER!
- John Stuart, Nevada

2020-11-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

What ever you do do not buy Thor Ace motorhome. In 2016 I bought one and three years later every piece of furniture inside of it is peeling. I called several times the only response I have gotten was I can buy covers for the furniture. They do not stand behind their product. It is a disgrace If I could give them a zero I would
- Michelle Hirt, Florida

2020-10-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

Bought the Thor Ace at Motor Home Specialists in Alvarado, Tx. We thought this was a perfect size and the price was better than others. Driving out of dealership was the biggest mistake we have ever made. Immediately we found several (9) things that were wrong the biggest issue was he sink would not drain, the outside mirrors were defective and the camera would not work, the door would not close correctly, the levelling system was defective, could see the road from the door floor and the a/c stopped working. It took weeks of back and forth to finally admit to ourselves that the service department at this place didn't know how to fix those complex items like the a/c. Many weeks of driving to different places from Ford to Camping World of New Braunfels and still the problems existed. They would fix one thing and another thing would fall apart. The levelling system had a leak and the levels would not retract. We finally had to contact a Lemon Lawyer and we were able to get some relief from the defects. The company would not take the unit back so we sued them. We were able to negotiate an extended year of warranties and $5,000 for our misery. I would not buy another Thor Ace and after two years we are thinking of selling it. It is cheaply made, the bed is uncomfortable, the steering depletes your strength and stamina. We placed a stabilizer bar in the front and it help a little. These should come standard on all Thor coaches. If you are in love with the floor plan, find a used one that has had all the things that could go wrong fixed. The builders must not have quality controls in place. According to the service department at Motor Home Specialists, they spend more time servicing new models after they have been bought then the older models. They say that the company is putting out these models fast because they are more interested in selling them fast. BE CAREFUL! Disappointed in Texas
- robert.alfaro51, Texas

2020-09-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

I own a 2017 THOR ACE 30.3 I have noticed a few reviews/comments from owners of THOR products. Those reviews complain mostly about support, or lack there of from the manufacturer. Just like when you purchase a car, your support/warranty is provided by the dealer that you purchased the unit from and has very little is anything to do with the company that assembled the coach, car, trailer or RV other than original appearance and quality. As far as comments about “Fit and Finish” any minor issues that we encountered have been easily corrected and improved. That said, our coach has traveled to 41 of the 48 contiguous United States and has 20K miles, with no issues worth mentioning, it is a solid coach. Easy to drive and comfortable to be in. At this time I would have no hesitation or concerns to start it up and travel anywhere, it’s ready to go. BTW, that is apparently the opinion of every other ACE owner that we encountered in our travels. RVing is an adventure, enjoy the time on "the road" its amazing.
- Ralph S., Texas

2020-09-23 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

Small things the factory should have caught but quick to fix! Love the King Bed!! A must for campers to enjoy camping experience. Like others, mattress not the best. Get lots of compliments on interior. Added extra backsplash at stove and bathroom with peel and stick pieces. Made a difference!!
- Joe Kinsey, Tennessee

2020-09-14 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Just purchased a 2016 Thor Majestic 28A from Cruise America in Kissimmee Florida. A rental fleet unit with a refurbishment process and it was fully equiped and tested. Great price point for an entry level motorcoach. What really made me feel this was a great way to go was the response I received when I experienced a problem on our first journey two weeks after our purchase. I contacted the sales rep I had dealt with, Jason. He asked a couple of questions and asked if I could be at his location the next morning. The next morning I arrived at 9am and 10am I was back on the road... no cost just great service and bear in mind, this was not a power train issue which is the only warrantied system with the sale. Jason or his manager could'a reminded me that I declined purchasing any of the extended warranties but instead what I got was great service... and the review is supposed the be about the motorcoach. It's great and we're really happy with it. A great unit to start with.
- Vic, Florida

2020-07-21 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

worst experience ever, brand new less than a 1000 mi, had to replace slide out motor, back up cam module , all batteries go dead, level jacks stuck down can't even move it at this time, had to fix between 12-15 other things, it has been a year, stuff still not fixed and still breaking. had to cancel every planned trip due to defects and can't or won't plan trips more than an hour away, so I won't get stranded. Tech support is awful has taken 4-24 hrs to get support on phone. paying over 600 a month for 20 years on something I don't trust an hour from my home. Manufacture refused to help or give any info for replacement or full refund under lemon law. Resulting in having to hire attorney to make attempt to resolve. All of these issues have resulted many trips to repair, excessive stress and embarrassment, loss of use, many and all long vacation trips (more than an hour from home)to be canceled. All trust with coach and factory support is gone. Dealing with broken stuff almost every time, has taken any and all fun out of using it and has only added frustration and stress at a huge cost.
- Joe Walsh, Ohio