Thor Motor Coach A.C.E.

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bob Johnson from New Jersey says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 View Listings

Thought we were finally buying the r.v. of our dreams.Only to find out it was going to be our worse nightmare. Dealer service had to be the worse I have ever come across. Thor no better.No body can get air conditioning to actually come out of vents to actually cool. Long slide out problem. screws falling out all over the place...Frame shifts when slide out and jacks down. Now you can't open door.. to get in or out...shower leaks..cargo doors misaligned..more problem than can be listed..have talked to other Thor owners..all have same nightmare issues....All that can be said is ... STAY AWAY FROM PURCHASING THOR!!!!!!!!!
- Bob Johnson, New Jersey

2021-09-12 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

We have had many different RV’s over the years to include bumper pulls, slide ins, Class A’s, Super C’s, and fifth wheels. Each has its purpose depending on our needs. The THOR ACE 29.3 is perfect for family trips up to a week and longer if you have full hookups. The floor plan layout is great for us and the various sleeping accommodations make the THOR a great coach that is short enough to maneuver in and around towns and smaller camp sites, big enough to give you room to be comfortable in camp sites or in truck stops at night while on the road. The “pet” window on the passenger side is perfect for our furry family members to also get a great view while driving and includes the built in pet dishes in the bathroom. The V10 is an outstanding power train and pulls our built up Rubicon JLUR easily, even through the mountains in Tennessee and Pennsylvania. It is a comfortable ride and easier to drive than several other rigs I have had. The ability to press a button to auto level, use the slide outs, and run the quiet generator makes this a perfect option for our travel which saves us money from hotels and allows us to stay in many different locations while on travel. The storage is not as large as a bigger diesel pusher, but is easier on the budget to purchase than many other class A or C vehicles, especially for those of us still on a working persons budget. When I retire I may move into a 40 foot diesel, but definitely need to adjust it into my budget as these are not cheap whereas our THOR is affordable now and allows us the ability to quickly jump in the rig and take-off for weekend getaways, visit our children and grandchildren, or just go see the sites for holiday weekends. I would recommend the THOR ACE for those looking for convenience on a budget while also being quite comfortable in a rig that looks and performs like the higher dollar models. The psychological approach to a class A vs a class C is minimal. Most feel the class C is easier to drive than the class A, but can attest I have had both and notice no difference between the two. That said, dealers use that psychology to price the class C well outside of a normal budget when the actual “normal” price of the rig would be comparable to the class A in any normal market. I have recently seen 10 year old class C rigs higher priced than the cost of the rig when originally sold. This is great for the owner looking to sell, but not good for the buyer thinking they can get into an older class C rig at a more affordable price. A savvy buyer can get into an older class A “gas” rig today at a great price and have as much if not more convenience for their family than what you would get in a current class C price. This does not mean I feel class C rigs are less than class A rigs, but do consider cost to price. In that logic, is the cost of settling for a higher priced class C with less options worth the price under the current market than getting a higher option class A for less money, also under the current market. COVID really shifted the RV market on its head as the layoffs and manufacturing shut downs reduced the availability of new rigs, which increase the cost of used rigs. Many people were put into a position they never thought necessary in the past when their jobs and income were impacted by COVID thus sold their homes and moved into RV’s to save cost. This rapidly reduced the used RV market and also shifted the way banks loaned money for rigs as they were losing money in home sales and when families moved into RVs, they started losing visibility on the RV they loaned money for and harder for them to repossess if payments were not made. That made the loan options for both new and used rigs almost non-existent and people needed to cash out their 401K to purchase a rig with cash. This also impacted the actual cost/value of the rig because of cash sales, which was great for a dealer, but reduced the options significantly for the working class family looking to purchase an RV but could not get the loan they needed regardless of the credit rating. Overall, a class A is a great option in the mid size range between 28 to 35 foot. I find this is the best overall length for families who do not plan to live in their rigs, but have a great platform to get away when needed. The same philosophy goes for class C’s, but currently they are priced well outside the cost/value range I would be comfortable with, especially when the economy gets back to normal and the price ranges of all rigs also goes back to normal. This is what caused the housing market crash in California during 2008-09 when homes were priced well over the normal price and when the market went back to normal, people had home loans well above the normal market and would never recoup that loss, thus started “walking away” from the loan. Common sense should always play a role in your RV purchase.
- Todd Rissinger, Florida

2021-09-11 2021 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

2021 Thor Daybreak 30 DB Its a piece of crap. Issues with everything. I think I was totally ripped off by the big name Thor. It leaks, slides never work, awning is broke, oven will not ignite from factory and no hot water. Tried to make appointment for repair. Note I live in this thing less than a year old and Gander will not service till 11/1/2021. Not at all happy.
- Terry Blair, Florida

2021-08-29 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

The WORST R V i have ever owned!!!! Owned it 2years in dealer 7 months forest river did not want to fix it. NEVER WILL OWN A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT. OK the president of forest can go to hell.never never buy a forest river product
- David st George, Arizona

2021-08-24 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Didn’t have any problems with Thor but I did have a serious problem with the Ford engine 24,000 miles nine months out of warranty Ford is telling me I must replace the engine due to broken rocker arm amongst many other problems if you buy a door make sure you do not get a Ford engine they suck it’s going to cost us $15,000 to fix we bought this for our retirement and now our dreams went up in smoke stay away from Ford an engine is supposed to last longer than 24,000 miles
- Anthony Bukowski, New Jersey

2021-08-16 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Drive five hours to look at this RV for ten minutes to turn around and drive five hours home. Motor Home was misrepresented by seller. Walked into RV that smelled like a dead animal, Once RV started up sounded awful,parts to RV laying on floor like a jigsaw puzzle,table was just plywood that was covered up and both captain chairs looked like a racoon attacked them. The seller knows NOTHING about the RV. Before driving out he said he would sell for 50.000, I guess he would!!!! Not worth 30.000!!!! Be afraid of what else might be wrong.
- Arms Frittita, New York

2021-08-11 2020 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 33.1 View Listings

My ABS warning light comes on no matter what road or conditions. Once on, it will never go off while driving. The effect of the ABS malfunction is that I have never been able to use my cruise control for more than about 10 minutes at a time (ABS comes on, Cruise Control goes off). The recommended Repair Center in OKC had it for 10 days. They said they could not replicate the issue. I left, went ten miles and the same thing happened. I have had this RV 7 months. During that time, it's been in various shops roughly six weeks, almost 25% of the time. Imagine driving 8 hours while constantly pressing the gas pedal. That's me. Thor told me it's not their problem - I have to call Ford. Ford told me I could take it back to the same Repair Center (but they are backed up three weeks) or I can take it to Dallas. So, if I want this fixed, I have to drive three hours to Dallas, drop it off for another week or two in a shop, and have someone follow me so that I have a way to get home. There needs to be a big collective consumer protection action. These builders and dealers can and should do better.
- Dr. Jim Utterback, Oklahoma

2021-08-02 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

This is the worse designed RV we have driven. Pilot seat does not adjust so if you are smaller than 5'6, you won't reach floor or pedals. One seat fits all deal is dumb. 110 outlet only works in cab and master room when driving. This too is stupid. Not converter. No speakers in cab area so if you want to listen to music to use hands-free phone, the speakers are behind you in center of rv. Do not purchase!!!!
- Armand Chiasson, Ontario

2021-07-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

Our RV spent 6 months of the first year in the shop for warranty repairs. The quality of the materials and workmanship are average at best. The size, space, and livability are good. The basement storage space is above average.
- Delmar Pelletier, New York

2021-07-23 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.4 View Listings

The Thor ACE motorhome makes for a great home away from home...equipped with all the necessities one could ask for...overall quality of the cabinetry is about what you would expect in a mobil home (laminate over pressboard)...Driving is fun but high winds tend to sway you a bit...My wife and I love the camping adventures we have experienced in the ACE...the large windshield is like a picture window in your sticks and bricks homestead...
- Johnny G., West Virginia

2021-07-02 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

Thor RV's make a very good coach and they are affordable. The Thor A.C.E. is a great example. Plenty of room with the slide out. All the amenities needed for a great camping experience. Nice comfortable queen bed, great shower, plenty of cooking space and appliances and super AC and heat options. It's also a pleasure to drive. The vinyl on the chairs, and couch could be of better quality but they are nice. I prefer sitting on cloth so we cover it with a sheet. Very pleased with my Thor
- C.G., South Carolina

2021-06-18 2021 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.5 View Listings

I like everything about it and I'm ready to trade my unit and buy it now. I like the drop down bunk, the theater chairs and the bedroom.Also like the light color of the interior.Also like the gas engine and the color.
- Charles Fricke, Tennessee

2021-06-17 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

To many issues to even mention, Passenger window out of square would not lock, bunk 2" out of square above drivers head not mounted properly major safety issue and could fall down on driver and passenger. Thor insisted I have to bring to factory at my expense to correct. Cameras stopped working 2 months after purchase and after 9 unsuccessful attempts to fix Thor wants me to pay them to fix it. 30 plus other defects 6 months of service time. Still unsafe to drive, no cameras. Worst experience in my life, the stress has effected my health. Do not by any rv Thor makes. Thor trys not to warranty many factory defects
- Joseph M Walsh, Ohio

2021-06-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

My wife and I purchased our Thor ACE new in 2015 for a family trip to Canada. Had an amazing trip, motor ran great, no issues. So far we have 25k miles on it and look forward to many more. Added the 5 Star engine Tune Kit, made a huge difference on performance and milage and much easier for towing.
- Michael Gibbert, Nevada

2021-05-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.4 View Listings

love my Thor bought it used and have had no issues. We have found that we want a larger unit.. I'm looking at other Thor coaches as this one has been great. Only one problem is it needed front stabilizers to tighten the steering. I have owned a number of RV's from slide in Campers to a 12 foot Dreamer Camper, Trailers, 5th Wheels class C and A motor homes
- Cherie Frazer, Arizona

2021-04-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We purchased our unit in the fall of 2016 in Wisconsin. Not one year has gone by that we haven’t had to deal with leaking problems. Thor Industries quality control is terrible as is their customer service. If we had not purchased an extended warranty we would not have been able to use it. The most recent leak damaged the rear cap’s internal wall causing wood rot. We were not aware until the bedroom wall stared to bubble. Thor as usual places the blame on us. This is heartbreaking as our unit has been in service departments more than on the road. This was to be our retirement. I can only advise to never buy a Thor product, they consistently blame the owners and take no responsibility on quality control. We found out that the company we purchased our unit through ceased selling Thor products because of the client complaints and quality control.
- Jon and Sandra Ruatti, South Carolina

2021-04-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

We have been up and down east coast. Travel through out Texas and New Mexico. With cameras for side mirrors and good backup camera it makes for easy driving even when towing. My wife drives it as much as I do.
- jerryesmith, Texas

2021-03-23 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We traveled all over the US putting 14,000 miles on in less than a year! This was the perfect size for us as a retired couple. It was easy to drive and easy to park. Would fit in any of the National Park campgrounds. Love the king size bed, and having a door to the bedroom that you can close. We installed a motorcyle ramp on the back which worked out great. The ford V10 had plenty of power cruising through the Rockies! The only problems we had were a furnace sensor that went bad, that was easy for me to replace, and a slideout controller that needed to be replaced. The Thor customer service people were very helpfull and easy to talk to. Overall we really enjoyed traveling the country in our ACE 27.1!
- Michael Borga, New York

2021-01-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Bought a new Thor rv from Paul Sherry before they sold out to camping world. Worst experience ever. Salesman got a bad attitude when I told them about warranty repairs needed done. Was lied to about the warranty and got stuck with factory some defects to have to fix out of my pocket.Detected approx. 40 defects, many from factory. I would never buy a Thor or from Paul Sherry again! Check every little thing out even if it takes all day and make sure they fix them before signing sales agreement with any seller.
- JW, Ohio

2021-01-12 2021 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

2021 Thor Motor Coach ACE EVO 30.4 Gorgeous light, bright interior! Fun RV for the family. Just the right size for 6. Lots of storage inside and outside. Easy to operate and drive. Definitely enjoying ours. Love the outside awning and TV area. Great for families or just a couple.
- km, Pennsylvania

2020-12-26 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Maclains rv in fort worth Texas is the place to go for the best deals For Rvs. You won't go wrong and the salesmen are very knowledgeable They have a wide range of Rvs to choose from And rest assured you will find the Rv that fits your family
- Leslie Schoenberg, Oklahoma

2020-12-13 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

This RV has been great on all of our adventures. Weather were traveling 1000 miles away or going to the bay with friends on a picnic, she has always done well. The coach is very comfortable and the layout is one of the best we have seen. She has all the comforts of a one bedroom apartment and we have enjoyed the past 5 years with her.
- Eric, California

2020-12-09 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We purchased our 2014 Thor ACE 27.1 in early October of this year from the second owner it had 18,000 miles. Overall this unit is the best value for the dollar for a couple or small family. My wife and I and two Yorkies just completed a 5200 mile, 40 day trip/adventure with absolutely no problems. We upgraded the KING bed mattress to a Dynasty 10 in memory foam mattress purchased on Amazon.(extremely comfortable) Well worth the $545 . I made the decision to add a "Safe T" steering stabilizer, had the front end aligned and had the steering box tweaked a little, to minimize wheel movement in crosswinds etc. These three items made a huge difference in driving. These adjustments were made after 2000 miles. Wow what a difference. If you are going to tow something this unit has the best power to weight ratio of any of the other larger units. I tweaked a couple of other minor items on the front seats, and windows but small tweaks are to be expected with any RV regardless of the manufacturer after all this is a large box rolling down the roads (not all interstates are smooth) which moves things around. All in all we are very pleased with the quality and performance of the Thor ACE 27.1.
- Mike, Ohio

2020-11-24 2012 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.1 View Listings

I am looking at buying 2012 ACE can anybody let me know the good and the bad. I will be driving it up this winter from Denver to Alaska. I have heard some good things about the motorhome and trying to see if I am making the right decision. any advise would be appreciated. thanks
- James Keel, Alaska

2020-11-19 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

I bought this RV used when it was one year old in 2015. What I can say good is I am comfortable in it (less a couple issues) and I really like the floor plan however, I have had nothing but problems. Nothing major like with the powertrain thank goodness. (Ford did well there so far) Like I saw in other reviews all of the furniture material is peeling off and there are little pieces scattered everywhere. I am constantly vacuuming up pieces all over the RV for years now. No warranty coverage. Very annoying. When you unlock the sliding glass windows the metal lock bracket pops off the glass window. This has happened to every sliding glass window in my RV. I have over the years fixed them myself which required a mallet and precision pounding to re-secure the bracket to the glass via a rubber gasket insert. I'm always afraid of breaking the window. Thank goodness I haven't but why do I need to keep dealing with this. Bad design. Many of the interior wood pieces are cut crooked so when fitted together during assembly there are ugly gaps that are permanently there. Some are quite noticeable. The engine air conditioner has now failed for the third time. The first 2 times I took it to the dealer and each time lasted that summer then failed the next. currently as I write this my engine ac is broke. (trying to assess if it's the Thor side or Ford side) Now that my warranty has expired I am learning how to troubleshoot it myself. The Macerator (disposal unit for waste) broke twice. Warranty fixed it the first time but the second time it broke I removed the system and disposed of it opting for the standard 3" sewer line. But the problem is, there is no sewer line going to the left side of the RV. So, I had to install from Home Depot 3" black PVC pipe from where the Macerator connected on the right side, and run it across the bottom of the RV to the left side where the shore connections are. Furthermore, the shower drain broke and drained all the shower water out onto the right rear tires. There are 2 heater ducts under the shower I had to cut to gain access to make repairs. Then I had to get adapters to reconnect them. Very difficult due to limited working space. The MBA fan on the circuit breaker panel failed so I had to work that issue (MBA shutting down due to overheat). Had to use a house fan blowing on the CB panel to get by. Screws falling out and in some places things that should have a screw in it don't. My RV must have been made on a Monday or Friday cause the workmanship is awful. No pride at all. In all the repairs I have done I notice the workmanship is very half-assed and I have to redo things to make them right. Some screws that are installed are put in extremely crooked which has made the parts they hold come loose. The slide out has gaps where the wood is not installed (no idea why that is) and doesn't seal when extended. So whenever I put the slide out out I have to cram foam stuffing into them so critters don't get in. Internal sliding door latches most have all failed so I have to put something against the doors so they don't slide open while driving. (A fix for another day) The front windshield curtain has completely flaked apart during the first year of ownership. I took the entire curtain assy and had it resewn with all new material. Warranty wouldn't cover it. Also, in the first year I owned the RV the toilet seal would not hold water so warranty did cover that but failure in less then 2 years? Also don't get me started on the handling of this thing on the road. I don't know enough about suspension but from day one it's white knuckled driving. The swaying and pulling on the steering is pretty scary at times. I could keep going on about all the issues I have with this RV. My extended warranty has expired and my RV is paid off so I will just keep making repairs as needed but, I would suggest to anyone looking to buy an RV, spend time doing your homework by checking reviews and talking to people about the best RV to buy. No RV is perfect but some are better then others. I had buyers remorse for almost a year regretting this purchase. I just can't believe all the issues that keep coming up. I bought the first thing I saw and it was a mistake. Lesson learned. If I ever buy another RV I will not buy another Thor EVER!
- John Stuart, Nevada