Thor Motor Coach A.C.E Reviews on RV Insider (88)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach A.C.E RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bob Johnson from New Jersey says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 View Listings

Thought we were finally buying the r.v. of our dreams.Only to find out it was going to be our worse nightmare. Dealer service had to be the worse I have ever come across. Thor no better.No body can get air conditioning to actually come out of vents to actually cool. Long slide out problem. screws falling out all over the place...Frame shifts when slide out and jacks down. Now you can't open door.. to get in or out...shower leaks..cargo doors misaligned..more problem than can be listed..have talked to other Thor owners..all have same nightmare issues....All that can be said is ... STAY AWAY FROM PURCHASING THOR!!!!!!!!!
- Bob Johnson, New Jersey

2020-02-20 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 33.1 View Listings

This unit seemed ok at first! What a nightmare. I was installing drag bars under the rear bumper and water starts leaking out of the hot water tank! It's only two (2) weeks old. The drawer latch breaks at the dining table, there is a gap in the entry door (whistling sound as you drive). There is debris inside the water tank area, like nobody can use a vacuum to clean up after construction! What else is gonna break on this HEAP?? I've already had to cancel a trip because Camping World needs to look at unit before we can use it?
- Lance Wilson, California

2020-01-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

Wonderful, easy to operate motor coach.This rig has all the power necessary to tow my car or motorcycle without forfeiting control and a whole lot of gas mileage. Very full featured, we have enjoyed every mile.
- Aaron Gersh, Arizona

2020-01-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

The ACE is easy to drive and has all the automatic comforts. When the slide outs are extended there is plenty of space for a family of 8. The master suite has a king bed with a privacy door-well thought out floor plan. There are several spacious storage compartments. This RV came with 3 TV's and a DVD player.
- Marcia , California

2019-12-30 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

A very good RV overall. The large slide out gives you amazing room for the full timer and the weekend warrior as well. I love the multi sleeping arrangements with 4 beds. The outside kitchen with the BBQ Propane outlet lets you be with your guest outside. The outside sink is a bit small but useful. drivability is great and being as small as it is, the parking is amazing. If your looking for an turnkey vehicle with all the extras, the 29.3 is the vehicle for you.
- donald, Michigan

2019-12-18 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

The RV has been fantastic. My wife and I have decided to buy another Thor RV, only this one will have a Diesel engine and a washer dryer in the RV. In a year when I retire it is our desire to travel the United States and we feel that we will get a little bit more with the Diesel engine. We started looking at new RV’s and we decided on another Thor branded RV. We both like the layout and the size and feel that this will be a perfect RV for anyone that wants to travel around the western states or the southern states.The engine has plenty of get up and go and the gas mileage is not bad.With the slide out pushed out and the king size bed there is plenty of room. The RV has 3 tv’s, a gas cook top stove and a gas oven. There is also a microwave, a large shower and plenty of closet space for storage. The back up camera and two side cameras make it very easy to maneuver. The electric awning makes it extremely comfortable when parked. The outside storage is plenty and the outside speaker system is great. It has two new Michelin tires on the front wheels and the back four have plenty of tread left and are in good shape according to the dealer. It has been stored in a covered facility since it was new. It also has full body paint vs the decals which can peel over time. It has been a wonderful RV for us.
- Greg Yount, California

2019-12-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

So disappointed in Thor , our seats are peeling the two captains seats the sofa the dinette cushions and bats faulty material has been used and our coach, call the manufacture spoke to Diana it’s been over a month and no response still no action is nothing this is disgusting We paid way too much for our RV to have this faulty material and it only my husband and I have been in it and we take very good care of our Rv , so disappointed , And can’t get anyone to do anything about it!
- Donna Ahlborn , Texas

2019-12-02 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

This RV has been stored in covered storage since new. With the slide out pushed out the RV has plenty of room. The RV has 2 new Michelin tires on the front two wheels. The RV has has all of its services. My wife and I have decided to buy a new diesel pusher so that when I retire we can travel the U.S.A or possibly going to Canada. Our goal is to travel to every state in the United States. We have enjoyed the Thor A.C.E. and would buy another one if we wanted to travel in the western half of the United States. We have enjoyed sleeping in our own bed, eating food cooked in our own kitchen and using our own bathroom. We are both looking forward to owning a new one and taking off for 2-3 months at a time.
- Greg Yount, California

2019-12-01 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

You can tell that this is a starter motorhome. All I can say is that it works and performs as expected. Only issue so far is a leaky driver window which we are fixing ourselves. It is afterall, a box going down the road. The layout is perfect. It could use a second A/C as wearers in middle Georgia. Other than that issue, it s nice.
- Jody Phillips , Georgia

2019-09-24 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 33.1 View Listings

We are happy with the motorhome. The layout is great- perfect for my wife and I. There have been several quality issues, most of which I've repaired myself. We recently discovered that the front thermostat was bad and the local thor dealer would not look at it because it was purchased in Florida.I called Thor customer service and was told to get an estimate and call them back. I did,and faxed the $171 estimate to Thor customer service will not pay for the repair.The coach is 5 months old and under warranty. This is my 2nd and very LAST Thor product. Beware Thor customer service
- Joe Lucas, South Carolina

2019-09-13 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse View Listings

excellent quality- no mechanical or equipment problems, very easy to drive. Very good engine power. Gives about 10/12 miles per gallon. Very stable during driving. Very easy to maintain on a monthly bassis, had no trouble on the road.
- ptorco, Florida

2019-08-18 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

I bought this RV new as a back up living space after I sold my home. I also used it at local campgrounds while airbnb'ing my cabin. It is surprisingly easy to drive and also easy to set up for overnight stays. The stock mattress it came with was less than desirable and so I replaced it with a nice memory foam mattress from Tuft and Needle. This has worked well. It has a huge storage space in the rear that is easy to access and comes in very handy for longer trips. Overall this has been a great user friendly RV. (just for reference, I had never driven an RV prior to buying this one)
- Mary Flora, Tennessee

2019-08-07 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

Love this beautiful coach...first class quality and comfy to relax in. Perfect size for 4-6 people and excellent for couples with the full size king bed. It is awesome for people who do not want a really long RV, but still spacious enough inside.
- sam, Louisiana

2019-07-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

Bought put Ace from CW Springfield MO...I had done my research and came prepared...but I did not do a thorough enough walk thru after purchase as once we got home we had 7-8 minor issues that Thor did cover but it was a trip back and. Waste of time and travel. Love the RV. We added a steering stabilizer and both front and rear sway bars that helps drivability immensely! Those should come factory installed. Biggest complaint is the terribly uncomfortable drivers seat! It's horrendous. Need an electric seat option as it sets so awkward. We got the larger Onan and two roof ACs. Love it. Would definitely buy another one.
- Todd, Missouri

2019-06-28 2013 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

Owned ACE since 2013. Bought it used that year with 2200 miles on it. The 2013 29.2 model ACE is easy to maneuver. It has much more room than our old c-class. I think RV's need more over all walls ,floor, ceiling insulation Glad it has the full body paint, no decal pealing as it ages. Nice high ceilings. Good size bathroom. The slide out is spacious and works fine. The windows are tinted and have nice fabric blinds. We like the floor plan and the storage in and out is fantastic. It has plenty of power and tows our 14 ft motorcycle trailer with ease. We made some updates / modifications to make it uniquely ours. For example: Added long mirror behind the toilet. The bath sink mirror is too high. Updated lights through out to LED. Wish the bedroom had smaller windows or just on one side. Removed the big sliding bedroom door because it always made noise while we drove. Replaced the mattress as a personal preference. The tile looking vinyl flooring is good but wish it covered the entire unit. Don't care for the cheap carpet in the cockpit and bedroom. Very disappointed that all the seats are made of low quality vinyl . They really scratch at the slightest touch. The front privacy curtain lining rotted so my wife made nice, insulated backed new ones. Wish Thor would have installed front blinds initially, Prefer both sinks were metal not plastic. We don't need the oven just a 2 burner cook plate, please. It does have plenty of counter top space. We keep our ACE serviced regularly, greased and oiled etc. We store it in an RV port and keep an eye on wear n' tear and replace something when called for. So, due to our human aging this will be our last big RV. Glad we made travel a go of it!
- Steve, South Carolina

2019-06-12 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 View Listings

Drivability awesome with installed safe-T steering kit and Bielstein shocks. Easy set-up and towing of Jeep Rubicon. Compact enough to park anywhere! Extra added features like towel warmer, wheel covers make this house a home! 50 amp service accommodates any appliances and generator works when boon docking or in a park! Gas mileage of 10-13 mpg is also a real plus!
- Scott Macdonald , Washington

2019-05-18 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

We have had no major problems with our RV. We were not planning to buy one but we saw the Thor ace and it was the perfect floorplan and size for my husband and myself. We did have small issues after our first outing of three weeks however Thor took care of them as well as DeMondtron RV in Texas City where we purchased our brand new coach. This will be our third summer with it and We are going to take it out for six weeks. We hope that we have safe travels. I hear a lot of bad things about other Thor models but we have been very fortunate with our ace and look to possibly upgrade to a 32.1 or 33.1 in the near future.
- Cathy Roark , Texas

2019-04-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 BUNKHOUSE View Listings

We have had owned pop-up's , C Class , A Class and 5th wheels . Decided at our age we needed a new A Class . Was talking into Thor Ace Bunk and had troubles from day one. Front window leaked , Door did not fit correctly , front of cabinet of bathrooms sink came lose . Bathroom wall came lose . Shower door gasket fell out and they glued it to the outside instead of putting it in the channel it was suppose to go in. Stove burner was not attached and dent put in oven door by service department . The slide would not work . The back up camera has gone out twice . The list goes on and on . Wish I had never seen this Coach . Garbage .... DO NOT BUY THOR PRODUCT AND FORGET CAMPER WORLD !!
- Carlene, Georgia

2019-03-30 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

Nice smaller Class A Gas Love the outdoor kitchen Easy to park Tow our Jeep Wrangler no problem Very livable Outside Propane tap for gas grill Larger tires than Class C Drop down bed the grandkids love
- N Harris, Arkansas

2019-03-26 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 BUNKHOUSE View Listings

BEWARE BUYER OF THOR PRODUCTS Purchased a new Thor 2017 A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse RV July 2017. I like the bunkhouse design. If this RV had been made with quality products and workmanship, it would have been as good as any I could have purchased. This is has not been a lemon, it has been a grapefruit; severe leaking roof, generator caught on fire, electrical issues X 5, just to name a few. It has been at Camping World 65% of the time since purchase. Thor will not backup their product, will treat you with no understanding and won't try to make fair decisions to help the buyer recover from such loss due to their poor workmanship. The generator fire while on top of Smoky Mountain, NC in the night was due to unit being wired backwards; it was one of my scariest moments.I have visited Air Stream manufacturing in Ohio and Thor work standards are not close to theirs. What a shame! This coach could have been one of their best, except they must have hired off the street workmen and gave no supervision to them. I feel the company is most unethical. I am a 77 y.o. widow, traveling alone, and the wife of a 20 yr. ex US Navy retired man. I learned during these years how to get blood out of a turnip when the squadron would go out to sea, so I'll try anything once, but you must give me something to work with first. . . Thor products do not do that. I asked Thor if they would accept the RV back at headquarters and use it as a teaching tool for new hires or take it back and replace the electrical system with new one installed by a knowledgeable electrician. They refused and kept telling me to take it to Camping World. Well.....I did. Three new consoles containing the rear camera have been installed and the camera will still go out when the mechanism gets hot after about 60 miles. I have not been able to enjoy the travel I wished for, certainly do not have the confidence in the safety and security of this particular coach and am so disappointed the company would not take any action to provide me with an acceptable and safe operating coach. I have recently hired an attorney to assist with the great financial loss, since Thor will not reasonably cooperate.I do not see this company staying in business under the Thor brand; they do own several other makes, i.e., Air Stream, but changes will have to be made to survive. It is all in the poor quality of parts, supplies and workmanship; design is nice. What a shame!
- PATRICIA CALDWELL, South Carolina

2019-03-25 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

Thor Motor Coach Company does not stand behind their products. My coach has been sitting at Camping World in Tampa for 5 mths. We pay quite a bit of many for a covered storage unit each month for the coach to be shaded & protected from the sun & for 5 mths it has been baking in the FL sun because Thor keeps denying the requests for repair. The coach we bought brand new apparently had been delivered to Camping World with no rubber seal around the slide out, that is supposed to have been there for anti leakage purposes. Water was leaking on us while laying in bed. They finally fixed the leak after changing out the stained headboard 2 or 3 times, well that left us with a wet mattress. I have called Thor & Camping World a dozen or more times, I have record of every call, only to be told they would check in to it & get back to me. Guess what, that was 3 weeks ago, still nothing. I told them we will have to be staying in our Motor home due to having to get out of our home by April 16th. They don't even care that we need to live in it for a while so we're not living on the street. I could go on & on but it's not going to help. They genuinely do not care about their customers. It is so apparent. You can find so many negative reviews on the internet about Thor, just google it. I hate having to complain on social media like this but they clearly leave me no choice. I have been given the run around & I have literally had enough. Please, before you buy a Thor product, have it inspected by a professional because Thor is willing to sell defective RV's and not stand behind their warranty. They deny claims that can be proven fault of their own. I do have records of everything I have written here.
- Debi Sherrod, Florida

2019-03-19 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We started out with a 24 ST Thor Citation and loved the gas milage and drivability but couldn't live with the lack of storage or the awkward, cramped floor plan! The ACE has abundant storage, roomy floor plan and is still drivable. The best of both worlds. We haven't needed factory support with the ACE, but got excellent support from Thor when we needed it with the Citation.
- Jim and Sue, Arizona

2019-02-05 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

Purchased this RV new, it is a entry level class A I am told. After looking at several models from several manufacturers we found this floor plan to be our favorite. It is 100% functional even with both slides closed, and the shower is large. The coach handled well as equipped from manufacturer. The fit and finish is nothing to brag about but it is definetly acceptable considering the price. I have had only a couple minor warranty repairs in 22 months of ownership and over15,000 miles of travel. Like all RV owners I have spent about 5k on comfort upgrades to fit our lifestyle. Theater recliners, satalite TV, mattress upgrade, 2nd A/C unit, 5 star tune,solar panel,better house batteries,and a couple handeling improvements. Plus a handful of smaller items. So for me a affordable purchase price on a new coach with a great floor plan has allowed me to make the upgrades important to us. We enjoy traveling and staying in our ACE 30.3
- Ray , California

2019-01-02 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 View Listings

Pros - 1.) Kind of have enough space for a large family . 2.) Quick turns . 3.) Average miles Per gallon of Gas we received was 8 Miles per Gallon. Cons - 1.) bumpy (worst) at rear side . The rear suspension virtually kills the rear passengers . 2.) Horrible cabin noise level . we even can't make phone calls . 3.) rear side Suspension is leaves - which makes rear side non-usable during driving . 4.) Weather insulation is way poor ; we experienced pretty much no insulation during night . 5.) The whole body is so wobbly during 60-70 miles . 6.) I felt the body design is causing body roll - large scale. 7.) The rear view camera(right/left for turning ) is useless during night - During the day it is OK. Note : I can't comment on Manufacture warranty as I never used it so far . I had to choose some rating hence i choose 4 start.
- John, California

2019-01-02 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

The floor plan is great and a lot of extras The quality is terrible! It is very poorly made and we have had to make a lot of repairs Very sad that they designed a wonderful motor home but made it with cheap parts.
- Kathy bredland, North Carolina