Thor Motor Coach A.C.E Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (99)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Thor Motor Coach A.C.E Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Bob Johnson from New Jersey says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 View Listings

Thought we were finally buying the r.v. of our dreams.Only to find out it was going to be our worse nightmare. Dealer service had to be the worse I have ever come across. Thor no better.No body can get air conditioning to actually come out of vents to actually cool. Long slide out problem. screws falling out all over the place...Frame shifts when slide out and jacks down. Now you can't open door.. to get in or out...shower leaks..cargo doors misaligned..more problem than can be listed..have talked to other Thor owners..all have same nightmare issues....All that can be said is ... STAY AWAY FROM PURCHASING THOR!!!!!!!!!
- Bob Johnson, New Jersey

2020-10-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

Bought the Thor Ace at Motor Home Specialists in Alvarado, Tx. We thought this was a perfect size and the price was better than others. Driving out of dealership was the biggest mistake we have ever made. Immediately we found several (9) things that were wrong the biggest issue was he sink would not drain, the outside mirrors were defective and the camera would not work, the door would not close correctly, the levelling system was defective, could see the road from the door floor and the a/c stopped working. It took weeks of back and forth to finally admit to ourselves that the service department at this place didn't know how to fix those complex items like the a/c. Many weeks of driving to different places from Ford to Camping World of New Braunfels and still the problems existed. They would fix one thing and another thing would fall apart. The levelling system had a leak and the levels would not retract. We finally had to contact a Lemon Lawyer and we were able to get some relief from the defects. The company would not take the unit back so we sued them. We were able to negotiate an extended year of warranties and $5,000 for our misery. I would not buy another Thor Ace and after two years we are thinking of selling it. It is cheaply made, the bed is uncomfortable, the steering depletes your strength and stamina. We placed a stabilizer bar in the front and it help a little. These should come standard on all Thor coaches. If you are in love with the floor plan, find a used one that has had all the things that could go wrong fixed. The builders must not have quality controls in place. According to the service department at Motor Home Specialists, they spend more time servicing new models after they have been bought then the older models. They say that the company is putting out these models fast because they are more interested in selling them fast. BE CAREFUL! Disappointed in Texas
- robert.alfaro51, Texas

2020-09-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

I own a 2017 THOR ACE 30.3 I have noticed a few reviews/comments from owners of THOR products. Those reviews complain mostly about support, or lack there of from the manufacturer. Just like when you purchase a car, your support/warranty is provided by the dealer that you purchased the unit from and has very little is anything to do with the company that assembled the coach, car, trailer or RV other than original appearance and quality. As far as comments about “Fit and Finish” any minor issues that we encountered have been easily corrected and improved. That said, our coach has traveled to 41 of the 48 contiguous United States and has 20K miles, with no issues worth mentioning, it is a solid coach. Easy to drive and comfortable to be in. At this time I would have no hesitation or concerns to start it up and travel anywhere, it’s ready to go. BTW, that is apparently the opinion of every other ACE owner that we encountered in our travels. RVing is an adventure, enjoy the time on "the road" its amazing.
- Ralph S., Texas

2020-09-23 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

Small things the factory should have caught but quick to fix! Love the King Bed!! A must for campers to enjoy camping experience. Like others, mattress not the best. Get lots of compliments on interior. Added extra backsplash at stove and bathroom with peel and stick pieces. Made a difference!!
- Joe Kinsey, Tennessee

2020-09-14 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Just purchased a 2016 Thor Majestic 28A from Cruise America in Kissimmee Florida. A rental fleet unit with a refurbishment process and it was fully equiped and tested. Great price point for an entry level motorcoach. What really made me feel this was a great way to go was the response I received when I experienced a problem on our first journey two weeks after our purchase. I contacted the sales rep I had dealt with, Jason. He asked a couple of questions and asked if I could be at his location the next morning. The next morning I arrived at 9am and 10am I was back on the road... no cost just great service and bear in mind, this was not a power train issue which is the only warrantied system with the sale. Jason or his manager could'a reminded me that I declined purchasing any of the extended warranties but instead what I got was great service... and the review is supposed the be about the motorcoach. It's great and we're really happy with it. A great unit to start with.
- Vic, Florida

2020-07-21 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

worst experience ever, brand new less than a 1000 mi, had to replace slide out motor, back up cam module , all batteries go dead, level jacks stuck down can't even move it at this time, had to fix between 12-15 other things, it has been a year, stuff still not fixed and still breaking. had to cancel every planned trip due to defects and can't or won't plan trips more than an hour away, so I won't get stranded. Tech support is awful has taken 4-24 hrs to get support on phone. paying over 600 a month for 20 years on something I don't trust an hour from my home. Manufacture refused to help or give any info for replacement or full refund under lemon law. Resulting in having to hire attorney to make attempt to resolve. All of these issues have resulted many trips to repair, excessive stress and embarrassment, loss of use, many and all long vacation trips (more than an hour from home)to be canceled. All trust with coach and factory support is gone. Dealing with broken stuff almost every time, has taken any and all fun out of using it and has only added frustration and stress at a huge cost.
- Joe Walsh, Ohio

2020-07-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Need A RV With A 4 or 5 Bedroom With 2Bathrooms With Tables Chairs And Body Room For Me And Kids And My Mom And Also To Eat And Take A Bathes And Trip From State To State All Over The World And To Have A Place To Stay And Sleep At I Love To Travel With My Family All Of The Time When The Wheather Is Safe
- Jacquelyn Battles, Georgia

2020-07-08 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Everything in this vehicle has gone wrong. The shades r know falling apart. Awful from day one nothing but problems with this coach. It even leaked and I have had it service with camping world. Don’t get me started with them. Awful.
- Woody dunn, North Carolina

2020-06-27 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

I purchased this RV used in 2014. It had about 8,000 miles on it and the price was right. We had a 34 foot and wanted to downsize with a king size bed and outside TV. This one has both. The quality seems poor because we have had several minor problems which has cost us since we had no factory warranty, however, when I contacted the factory they have been very helpful. I believe the overall quality is poor but I don't know if my problems stem form the first owner or if it a lemon. I have made several repairs which have improved my trust in this motor home. I will be happy to detail repairs if asked.
- George Berthon, Alabama

2020-06-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 View Listings

Horrible experience. The unit has been a lemon since I bought it. Less than 2 years old and it's not driveable because the leveling Jack's are stuck in down position. Generator won't start due to some electrical problem which drains the main battery. Don't ever buy a Thor. The quality is horrible.
- Tracy, Tennessee

2020-06-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

I’m buy a new ace and look beautiful, but when you see a detail, is garbage, The first time than I use ,and returned to fix a lot of thing and was 7 month in camping world,( terrible company ),bad quality in the floor , bad finish, and something that is supposed to be strong (awning arms)is weak , I’m Not recommend To anyone
- Kevin Hernandez, Florida

2020-06-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We recently purchased this coach but were unable to use it due to Covid,so this is our first outing. This is a beast we have not found anything we don't like about it. Great kitchen, lots of storage, easy self leveling, engine power supurb, we drove to la junta CO in some pretty serious wind for 30 miles it performed as expected, this is our 4th coach the other 3 were class C my last being a holiday rambler augusta, this beats that hands down for comfort , convenience, and power. Great job Thor for providing our last ever motor coach.
- Darwin Barrie, Colorado

2020-05-19 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 32.1 View Listings

I have stayed in this motorhome for 8 months, and had another trip lasting 4 months. The biggest complaint I have is the doors (bathrooms, bedroom/kitchen). They come off the ceiling and are cheaply installed. Thor needs to improve on this matter and I truly am disgusted with them. That being said, I jerked out the booth/table and also the uncomfortable jack knife couch and replace it with a large cabinet for more storage, and a love seat dual reclining couch. Tough to eat at the table / booth due to size and the couch was uncomfortable to say the least. It was not too much trouble to do this and insulating the floors and then carpet and insulating the walls prior to the furniture made a HUGE improvement keeping out the cold if you should be somewhere where the temps fall below freezing. The windows and entrance doors let alot of cold air in as well and I upgraded the insulation on those, but you are going to find that in all motorhomes / 5th wheels and trailers. Overall, love the 2 bathrooms, have a queen bed above drivers / passenger seats in the front and the king size bed is perfect with a my pillow mattress added. Absolutely can live in this as a main home, but I have a house as well so I don't need too. Never regretted buying this mh and enjoy the heck out of it!!! Thor needs to emprove the secureness of these interior doors, the dealerships know this and expect to bring it back for warranty work if you can't secure them yourselves.
- mysla, Michigan

2020-04-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

We bought this camper off showroom floor. Payed cash. We had the Title longer then the unit. My biggest complaint is the AC unit does not cool the inside the dealer put on a new unit and it doesn't cool any better. Lots of things were I don't think were hooked up. Quality control must have been on vacation when mine was built.i could not find any other owners who had good AC cooling in their units and I checked with 10 or more owners with the same problem. Another big problem is the awning would stick and not go out both sides this cost me 7,000 dollars because it was based on a storm caused it.
- David & Marcia Pugh, Indiana

2020-02-20 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 33.1 View Listings

This unit seemed ok at first! What a nightmare. I was installing drag bars under the rear bumper and water starts leaking out of the hot water tank! It's only two (2) weeks old. The drawer latch breaks at the dining table, there is a gap in the entry door (whistling sound as you drive). There is debris inside the water tank area, like nobody can use a vacuum to clean up after construction! What else is gonna break on this HEAP?? I've already had to cancel a trip because Camping World needs to look at unit before we can use it?
- Lance Wilson, California

2020-01-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

Wonderful, easy to operate motor coach.This rig has all the power necessary to tow my car or motorcycle without forfeiting control and a whole lot of gas mileage. Very full featured, we have enjoyed every mile.
- Aaron Gersh, Arizona

2020-01-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

The ACE is easy to drive and has all the automatic comforts. When the slide outs are extended there is plenty of space for a family of 8. The master suite has a king bed with a privacy door-well thought out floor plan. There are several spacious storage compartments. This RV came with 3 TV's and a DVD player.
- Marcia , California

2019-12-30 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

A very good RV overall. The large slide out gives you amazing room for the full timer and the weekend warrior as well. I love the multi sleeping arrangements with 4 beds. The outside kitchen with the BBQ Propane outlet lets you be with your guest outside. The outside sink is a bit small but useful. drivability is great and being as small as it is, the parking is amazing. If your looking for an turnkey vehicle with all the extras, the 29.3 is the vehicle for you.
- donald, Michigan

2019-12-18 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

The RV has been fantastic. My wife and I have decided to buy another Thor RV, only this one will have a Diesel engine and a washer dryer in the RV. In a year when I retire it is our desire to travel the United States and we feel that we will get a little bit more with the Diesel engine. We started looking at new RV’s and we decided on another Thor branded RV. We both like the layout and the size and feel that this will be a perfect RV for anyone that wants to travel around the western states or the southern states.The engine has plenty of get up and go and the gas mileage is not bad.With the slide out pushed out and the king size bed there is plenty of room. The RV has 3 tv’s, a gas cook top stove and a gas oven. There is also a microwave, a large shower and plenty of closet space for storage. The back up camera and two side cameras make it very easy to maneuver. The electric awning makes it extremely comfortable when parked. The outside storage is plenty and the outside speaker system is great. It has two new Michelin tires on the front wheels and the back four have plenty of tread left and are in good shape according to the dealer. It has been stored in a covered facility since it was new. It also has full body paint vs the decals which can peel over time. It has been a wonderful RV for us.
- Greg Yount, California

2019-12-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

So disappointed in Thor , our seats are peeling the two captains seats the sofa the dinette cushions and bats faulty material has been used and our coach, call the manufacture spoke to Diana it’s been over a month and no response still no action is nothing this is disgusting We paid way too much for our RV to have this faulty material and it only my husband and I have been in it and we take very good care of our Rv , so disappointed , And can’t get anyone to do anything about it!
- Donna Ahlborn , Texas

2019-12-02 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

This RV has been stored in covered storage since new. With the slide out pushed out the RV has plenty of room. The RV has 2 new Michelin tires on the front two wheels. The RV has has all of its services. My wife and I have decided to buy a new diesel pusher so that when I retire we can travel the U.S.A or possibly going to Canada. Our goal is to travel to every state in the United States. We have enjoyed the Thor A.C.E. and would buy another one if we wanted to travel in the western half of the United States. We have enjoyed sleeping in our own bed, eating food cooked in our own kitchen and using our own bathroom. We are both looking forward to owning a new one and taking off for 2-3 months at a time.
- Greg Yount, California

2019-12-01 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

You can tell that this is a starter motorhome. All I can say is that it works and performs as expected. Only issue so far is a leaky driver window which we are fixing ourselves. It is afterall, a box going down the road. The layout is perfect. It could use a second A/C as wearers in middle Georgia. Other than that issue, it s nice.
- Jody Phillips , Georgia

2019-09-24 2019 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 33.1 View Listings

We are happy with the motorhome. The layout is great- perfect for my wife and I. There have been several quality issues, most of which I've repaired myself. We recently discovered that the front thermostat was bad and the local thor dealer would not look at it because it was purchased in Florida.I called Thor customer service and was told to get an estimate and call them back. I did,and faxed the $171 estimate to Thor customer service will not pay for the repair.The coach is 5 months old and under warranty. This is my 2nd and very LAST Thor product. Beware Thor customer service
- Joe Lucas, South Carolina

2019-09-13 2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse View Listings

excellent quality- no mechanical or equipment problems, very easy to drive. Very good engine power. Gives about 10/12 miles per gallon. Very stable during driving. Very easy to maintain on a monthly bassis, had no trouble on the road.
- ptorco, Florida

2019-08-18 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

I bought this RV new as a back up living space after I sold my home. I also used it at local campgrounds while airbnb'ing my cabin. It is surprisingly easy to drive and also easy to set up for overnight stays. The stock mattress it came with was less than desirable and so I replaced it with a nice memory foam mattress from Tuft and Needle. This has worked well. It has a huge storage space in the rear that is easy to access and comes in very handy for longer trips. Overall this has been a great user friendly RV. (just for reference, I had never driven an RV prior to buying this one)
- Mary Flora, Tennessee