Sunset Park RV Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Sunset Park RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Disappointed and fustrated from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Sunset Park RV SunRay 169 View Listings

Sunsettrailers.com Disappointing That word isn't strong enough. What is a cute design and has decent materials suffers from major lack of attention to detail. Also customer service doesn't exist, maybe in name only. I've had mine for 8 months and it still isn't right. The dealership sort of fixed the crushed wheelwell opening. Things I've dealt with without any support from the manufacturer are. Water pump doesn't shut off when pressure is reached, valve in water heater backwards,  junk under the tile ( they didn't even sweep the floor before laying tile ) , window sealer all over the side of the trailer, the water tank level hasn't worked since I picked it up and they send me a replacement part ( two weeks after promised) that's been sitting outside in the rain ( that shows no concern for workmanship ), and the indicator still doesn't work. Trim is constantly falling off because it was never secured, no staple or glue, just stuck in place. The worst of all is no responce from Sunset Park RV. They don't answer the phone , return messages or emails. I did get one responce on a Friday with a promise to call me on Monday, two weeks later no word. It's potentially a nice trailer. If you're looking at them you better hope it's perfect out the door or you're SOL. Support is nonexistent !!!
- Disappointed and fustrated , Colorado

2020-07-03 2019 Sunset Park RV SunRay 109 View Listings

Bought our '19 Sunray 109, off-road package, brand new in 2018 and for the first few outings it worked great for me and my wife except for the fact that we took it off-road and during the trip, we lost all but 2gal of our 17 gal water tank(1st issue). Read reports that it's due to the overflow/vent tube allowing the water to slosh around and out the tube. The next camping season, we rented it to a college student who took it everywhere and it worked fine for him and his friends. Now in 2020, things are starting to go south. Intermittent issues with the refrigerator, guessing it wasn't working because the trailer wasn't level enough. Unplugging the trailer from an AC outlet caused fuses to blow. Was being towed to AZ from CO and the weld which held the spare tire mount onto the frame failed and the entire assembly came off into the road. Luckily it wasn't on a highway when it happened. However when it came off, it ripped the wheel well off the right side of the camper. The Air conditioner failed and had to be replaced (cheap unit to begin with we think). We're now in edge as to what will fail. Seems sunset rv didn't do their due diligence with quality control.
- Scott, Colorado

2020-04-06 2020 Sunset Park RV Sunray 109 View Listings

I purchased a Sunray 109 Sport last Summer from Trailer World Denver. I love the camper. We have had no problems with the camper and have camped in it over 50 nights. I would highly recommend the Sunray to any one looking for a small off road trailer.
- Billy Ham, Colorado

2019-10-09 2020 Sunset Park RV Sunray 109 View Listings

Awesome little off road rig. Easy to tow and has a nice kitchen with good sized fridge. Just use it to cook and sleep in. I bring a tent for my guests. But I love it. Simple, easy to use and great price. The bad, won't fit in my garage. It's 8'8" with the roof rack and lifted suspension. But fits under my patio. Love it. If you are on the fence just get it. I'm sure the resale is great since I get lots of heads turning and questions at the gas pump.
- Big Willy, California

2019-02-25 2018 Sunset Park RV Rush 26FCQB View Listings

Toy hauler is exactly what I was looking for, light no wierdness, everything works, can't say enough about this trailer. I only wish the owner's manual was a little more descriptive as it's my first toy haulerThanks
- Brad Johnson, Colorado