Starcraft Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (115)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Starcraft Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Lori hagen-pack from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Starcraft AR-ONE 25BHS View Listings

I bought a 25ft bunkhouse , when you are looking at a band new trailer I was looking at the functionality of it asking myself will this work for my family not defects. Well once we got it home and I started loading my things back in from my other Trailer the nightmare began. The factory defects were through the roof and these were things that I saw once it was home not mentioning the things I couldn't see. so I called and talk to the manager and asked that it be exchanged for another of the same. It's been over a month now and with no results and now I've tried calling starcraft rv 3 times to get the same results, their customer service has been no different. I'm definitely moving forward an calling all news stations, posting my experience on all social media and let my story be told maybe then I can get their attention . After making payments on such a large ticket item like this and can't even use it is ridiculous.
- Lori hagen-pack, California

2020-11-22 2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 315RKS View Listings

We enjoyed camping all our lives from a pop up and now this is our fourth camper. It’s great to see how trailers have become so modernized and efficient. This camper has so much storage that seriously you could live in it! The LED lights are a bit harsh but energy efficient. Dimmers would be a good idea. The solid surface counters are so much better than Formica with the glued on edge trim that fails over time. Glass shower surround is again much better to clean than a curtain. Definitely the way to go for longevity too. The large fridge with a separate freezer door works well for us. After having booth style and wrap around dinettes in past trailers, the table and chairs is great upgrade we feel. The large skylight is nice but we made a push in removable panel to block it to stop the summers day heat. The black tank flusher is very convenient compared to the old fashioned wand though the top. We just love the swivel rocker recliners and the comfortable sofa too. The queen bed has a normal house length (80”) mattress so your feet won’t hang over the end if you are taller. The mattress is a pillow top too. We did add a memory foam topper and now it’s even better. We have been fortunate never needing any mechanical repairs thus far.
- Ken, Illinois

2020-11-18 2020 Starcraft Super Lite 261BH View Listings

Purchased this unit early 2020 and used a few times this summer. Each time it rained, we had water entering through the slide. Took it to the dealer and after a Jayco/Starcraft rep looked at it, determined it needed to go back to factory for a complete rebuild. Here is the kicker. The rep told me that they are going to fix for free, haul it to the factory (over 1000 miles away), but I would have to come and pick it up. What a bunch of garbage. The kid made it seem like somehow he was doing me a favor! Still fighting with the dealer HWY 34 RV in Windsor CO, and the company to get this resolved. Save yourself the major headache and do NOT purchase a Starcraft.
- Jason Roth, Colorado

2020-11-05 2018 Starcraft Satellite 17RB View Listings

we bought our satellite rig. Propane line has gas leak, water tank is cracked, refrigerator not working, cover for furnace on side of rig fell off. This has happened within 1st year of owning. Yes we walked it through when we bought it. Allot of flaws. Built needing more quality control at factories. I would not buy again
- Daniel Hernandez, Texas

2020-10-26 2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS View Listings

Customer service with extended warranty, is non existent. Was sold warranty that is not how it was represented when purchased. All the laminated surfaces inside the RV peeled off. The shower leaked and was not secure. The door between the bathroom and bedroom flopped around during travel as you could not secure it. Over all quality was not what I expected as we had owned a 2014 model that was far superior to the 2016.
- Peggy Scott, Georgia

2020-10-18 2017 Starcraft Satellite 18DS View Listings

Very Nice Camper, its easy to tow, and Great for weekend events or vacations. All the appliances has worked since Day 1, easy to set up and the slide out makes it just right. I recommend this camper to anyone. I have enjoyed it very much.
- Kelli Raschel, Florida

2020-10-09 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 18BHS View Listings

I bought an autumn ridge in 2018. First time out, the pop offs popped and couldnt reset them. Had to buy 2 shut off valves and install under camper. Then tje propane regulator leaked and had to be replaced, next was the gfci that only my 19” tv was plugged in to went out. After pulling it about 900 miles, the bearing in the alxe burned out, ruined the axle and had to replace the axle. Mechanic said it looked like factory never greased them. I lost 4 clearance lenses due to them not having a tight fit to the light, lost the cap to the bumper somewhere down hwy 117, the water heater leaked, the co2 monitor goes off even when the camper is sitting idle in my drive. One of the leveler legs threaded rod broke while attempting to level it. The black water tank constantly reads full. This is the worst camper I have ever owned and if I can get rid of it, I will never own another
- Mark, Arkansas

2020-10-01 2015 Starcraft AR-ONE 18QB View Listings

Overall not a bad camper. The issue I would like to discuss is how to prevent mice from getting in? When they build the RV to put in plumbing, heating etc they oversize the holes and how mice are getting in. As they are building the RV unit it is easy at that stage to apply rodent proof spray foam installation to prevent mice from getting in. I just found another hole they were getting in and it was at the heater unit, had to remove the sofa and heater cover. I would have never known it was there unless I took it apart. I don’t know about anyone else but rodent droppings are disgusting and they can do a lot of internal damage. There is no reason in my opinion that they are not able to correct this issue. Sent the manufacturer the same feedback and waiting for a reply. We pay a lot of money for a new camper and it should be rodent free. I have pictures but I don’t think I am able to post them here.
- Dominic Alonzi, Ontario

2020-09-17 2020 Starcraft Mossy Oak 27RLI View Listings

This is a great travel trailer! For what you pay, this has everything you need. Large kitchen area, which was a must, as I like to cook and the oven bakes beautifully... just put the rack up high. Perfect for couples, as this model has a queen bedroom in front. Rear living room has pull-out sofa. We have pets and they have plenty of room. Tons of storage, big windows, good quality, nice finishes and service has been excellent! It tows beautifully and we towed it all the way from Arizona to Maine. We ran into heavy rain/wind storm in the Mid-West and the underbelly was heavily soaked and peeled back, so we had to remove it in part. It's covered under warranty and made better than new. Holding tanks store a lot and empty easily. The only things I dislike are; the water pump is a little noisy (but that's how it is), the queen mattress is flimsy, so we added a better one as we are full-time camping. And we had to put up a heat-deflector on the side of the stove where the wall is, as it got very hot from cooking. Love the countertops - very durable, but the sink is plastic (as it should be) and accidentally melted a little area from hot pan. Love this trailer and blessed that it is so perfect for us as we build a house, we're staying in it. Unfortunately, we'll have to sell it (probably 7/2021) when the house is finished, as we won't be needing it, so if you want to buy it, email us and we'll send photos. Skowhegan area, Maine dnclewley@q.com
- David Clewley, Maine

2020-09-12 2019 Starcraft Launch Outfitter 21FBS View Listings

I bought this Starcraft Launch 17 QB and had no complaints about the unit for the most part. The trailer pulled well and no issues with any appliances or electrical. No leaks or structure issues. I didn’t keep the unit for very long however, it seemed solid. The only main complaint I have is the propane mount could have been more user friendly when exchanging tanks and it could have used larger tires. The floor plan was perfect.
- James, Tennessee

2020-08-18 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 262RLS View Listings

Love the layout of this unit. Several problems with to start off. We only travel on weekends no more than 100 miles round trip. Trim around doors is lifting after one season of use. Water problems; driver side leak at the front of camper. Bedding, pillows and mattress soaked. Still can’t find out why. Everything appears to be sealed and no visible signs of water damage. Leak under bathroom sink. Manufacture problem....a screw hiding hot and cold lines in place has rubbed through the lines. Contacted the service department where RV was bought. Still waiting for a call back. It’s been a month. Contacted Starcraft and was told it’s my problem and not theirs. Recall in the fall of 2019. Waited till spring 2020 to get it looked at. Took over 3 weeks to fix a 30 minute issue.
- Tammy , Michigan

2020-08-09 2016 Starcraft AR-ONE 18QB View Listings

I'm not liking the step up in the tub/shower.I wish they only had a shower.feels to soft.Miss having a sink would give up part of the closet to have sink... No closet rods in the other two closets.so all you can do is stack clothes. Had to flip the bed lifts to get it to stay up. Then discovered the bed pulled away from the wall,the framing screws were to small... Now a problem with the siding that it has buldge in one spot.I know its not from leaking it does not leak..nor can I afford to fix this or fix it on my own..So really check them out.before buying.
- Ann Pederson, Arizona

2020-08-07 2018 Starcraft Launch Outfitter 17QB Extreme View Listings

We bought the launch new in 2018 and have camped many times with no problems! We love the size for just us two now the kids are gone and recommend it to the empty nesters! Planning many camps with our friends!
- Daniel Radcliff, Ohio

2020-07-19 2019 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 21FB View Listings

I brought my Starcraft beginning July 2019 BRAND NEW. We used it for 3 months in 2019 and closed it up until May of 2020. In June 2020 we had no hot water so we replace the CIRCUIT PANEL and now in july our AIR CONDITIONER is not working.. the brand they use is DOMETIC HOT WATER AND AIR CONDITIONER. I would never buy another Starcraft or any other company's who uses DOMETIC. We only USED our camper for 6 months a total of 50 TIMES and I have had 2 issues.
- Jodi Melillo, Pennsylvania

2020-07-06 2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS View Listings

Ultra Lite is the key word. Its so light you don't know your towing a trailer. With added solar panels, dual batteries stay charged and power the trailer with limited metered 120vac except for AC. Dual 40gal propane powers the refrigerator and stove. Overall the Ultra Lite is a highly efficient trailer with very low cost of operation including TV, HD antennas with dozens of free channels depending on location.
- Pam Ridgway, Texas

2020-07-03 2019 Starcraft Mossy Oak Lite 24RLS View Listings

Avoid this camper at all cost. It is now July 4th 2020 and the circuit board on my water heater took a crap. Only used this camper 6 times. The repairs will be over 500 dollars. You don't get much for $25,000 dollars.
- Tim Paterson, New York

2020-07-02 2015 Starcraft Launch 19BHS View Listings

The RV looked great. I loved the floor plan. It not very heavy and it was easy to tow and park. This is the perfect RV for weekend getaways . This is the perfect RV for a person that has never had an RV .
- Carolina Ruiz , Texas

2020-06-25 2016 Starcraft AR-ONE MAXX 21FB View Listings

This has been a very good trailer for us. The only quality issue I had was a slightly bent wall stud and loose wall covering that storage in the outdoor Texas sun/heat did. All other systems have worked well and I am especially glad for all of the upgrade packages that have proved their worth. Towing has been great!
- Dan, Wyoming

2020-05-19 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 260HR View Listings

My experience so far with Starcraft Warranty/Support is terrible. Our story, we bought our camper in September 2018, at the end of the season in ND. May of 2019 we used our camper for the first time on Memorial weekend. I was put into the hospital that following Tuesday for High Risk pregnancy and i did not leave the hospital until Aug 18th, so that would be the only time we used our cmaper, a total of 8 hours of drive time, 1 1/2 hours of that is to and from the dealer. We took it in for a recall in April, and on our way to the dealership I noticed that siding was blown out, we pulled over and it went in a little, we continued to drive and it popped out again. We were told it had a two year warranty at the dealership. It has been at the dealership for over a month and they tell us it that it is out of warranty and that the siding is not considered structural. Obliviously your craftsman ship is horrible. There should be no charge for something your untalented employee put together. The dealer tells us that they charge $149.00 per hour and that it is a 10 hour job, so we would be looking at another $1600 dollars to fix it. It is pretty sad that we had a 1970's statecraft pop up that was in perfect shape and everything worked, we should have kept that. Clearly it is the craftsmanship of your team. You should be ashamed that your quality went down the drain, and that you do not take credit that it was your fault, and not make things right. WE Will Never Buy Your Product Again...
- Shelly Rodriguez, North Dakota

2020-05-10 2008 Starcraft Travel Star 24QB View Listings

This is a great floor plan! This travel trailer could be lived in full time, no problem. Great for couple or family with small children or pets! Clean, comfortable. Easy towing! Right size for folks starting out rving!!
- Jeff Triplett, Georgia

2020-05-10 2017 Starcraft AR-ONE MAXX 19BHLE View Listings

It’s been a great camper but we have never used the water tank or pump. We have a situation where we will need it and when tested, the pump runs but pushes very little water. It seems to be pulling air from someplace. Can’t comment on warranty, never used it
- Lawrence Haik Jr, Louisiana

2020-03-23 2019 Starcraft GPS 260RLS View Listings

Emergency window over kitchen table leaks under kitchen sink leaked tolet leaks heater stopped working stripping on shower doors comes off when open will never buy this model again a money pit thought Jayco a good rv trailer we leaner the hard way buyer beware
- Charlotte Alexander , Alabama

2020-02-21 2019 Starcraft GPS 270BHS View Listings

Very very very poor service after the sale.. bought new buckled wall before year was up brought it to where we bought it... they could not get anything from warranty so we tried as well. Many many calls finally got warranty someone by the name of Jennifer Miller, this lady would not listen she told me that it was her job to tell people what they would fix and it didn’t matter what the customer wanted fixed!!!! She talked down to me as well as the place we bought the camper from... she was dismissive and rude. Will never buy Starcraft or anything associated with them .
- Debbie McKenzie , Arkansas

2020-02-20 2019 Starcraft Launch Outfitter 21FBS View Listings

We are very happy with our camper. We are fortunate to have camped for a year with no problems. We had one Recall and currently getting it fixed. The layout is perfect and considered a couples trailer. We pull it with a Ford F-150, tow package and sway bars and no problems. My wife also drives and feels safe while pulling it. We are puzzled why we do not see more Starcrafts in the campgrounds or on the roads. The price was right and it had many of the same features the more expense one had for sale. The floor plan is awesome, couch and slide out works great and gives great amount of room. I do wish the water heater was also electric instead of just gas. Overall, a fun camper without breaking the bank.
- Phillip Moore, Kentucky

2020-02-09 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 339BHTS View Listings

I love the floor plan. But i think we have a lemon. When we picked it up the battery was dead. The DVD player didn't work installed a different one it doesn't work either. This year the kitchen side quit working. The furnance quit working. The air conditioner quit. And now the shower drain disconnected and flooded the underside of the camper. One wall has come loose and spots of the floor are loose. We are currently working with Camping World to fix the flooded underbelly but what a nightmare to work with those folk. I really dont want a different camper. To date the furnance, slide and air conditioner are fixed. The flooded underbelly is not and i am afraid of mold developing. This will be a major issue since i have asthma.
- Deborah Thompson, Maine