Starcraft Autumn Ridge Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (26)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Starcraft Autumn Ridge Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Roger Pendergrass from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 346RESA View Listings

Bought our trailer in Jan 2016 and so far we love it. The craftmanship is of very high quality. The only complaint I have is that the tires will have to be replaced because they are rated for 2200 lbs each and that comes to with 200 lbs of the dry weight. When we put anything in it we are actually over loaded. Bad choice by Starcraft and we will be contacting them about their over sight.
- Roger Pendergrass, Washington

2020-11-22 2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 315RKS View Listings

We enjoyed camping all our lives from a pop up and now this is our fourth camper. It’s great to see how trailers have become so modernized and efficient. This camper has so much storage that seriously you could live in it! The LED lights are a bit harsh but energy efficient. Dimmers would be a good idea. The solid surface counters are so much better than Formica with the glued on edge trim that fails over time. Glass shower surround is again much better to clean than a curtain. Definitely the way to go for longevity too. The large fridge with a separate freezer door works well for us. After having booth style and wrap around dinettes in past trailers, the table and chairs is great upgrade we feel. The large skylight is nice but we made a push in removable panel to block it to stop the summers day heat. The black tank flusher is very convenient compared to the old fashioned wand though the top. We just love the swivel rocker recliners and the comfortable sofa too. The queen bed has a normal house length (80”) mattress so your feet won’t hang over the end if you are taller. The mattress is a pillow top too. We did add a memory foam topper and now it’s even better. We have been fortunate never needing any mechanical repairs thus far.
- Ken, Illinois

2020-10-09 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 18BHS View Listings

I bought an autumn ridge in 2018. First time out, the pop offs popped and couldnt reset them. Had to buy 2 shut off valves and install under camper. Then tje propane regulator leaked and had to be replaced, next was the gfci that only my 19” tv was plugged in to went out. After pulling it about 900 miles, the bearing in the alxe burned out, ruined the axle and had to replace the axle. Mechanic said it looked like factory never greased them. I lost 4 clearance lenses due to them not having a tight fit to the light, lost the cap to the bumper somewhere down hwy 117, the water heater leaked, the co2 monitor goes off even when the camper is sitting idle in my drive. One of the leveler legs threaded rod broke while attempting to level it. The black water tank constantly reads full. This is the worst camper I have ever owned and if I can get rid of it, I will never own another
- Mark, Arkansas

2020-08-18 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 262RLS View Listings

Love the layout of this unit. Several problems with to start off. We only travel on weekends no more than 100 miles round trip. Trim around doors is lifting after one season of use. Water problems; driver side leak at the front of camper. Bedding, pillows and mattress soaked. Still can’t find out why. Everything appears to be sealed and no visible signs of water damage. Leak under bathroom sink. Manufacture problem....a screw hiding hot and cold lines in place has rubbed through the lines. Contacted the service department where RV was bought. Still waiting for a call back. It’s been a month. Contacted Starcraft and was told it’s my problem and not theirs. Recall in the fall of 2019. Waited till spring 2020 to get it looked at. Took over 3 weeks to fix a 30 minute issue.
- Tammy , Michigan

2020-07-19 2019 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 21FB View Listings

I brought my Starcraft beginning July 2019 BRAND NEW. We used it for 3 months in 2019 and closed it up until May of 2020. In June 2020 we had no hot water so we replace the CIRCUIT PANEL and now in july our AIR CONDITIONER is not working.. the brand they use is DOMETIC HOT WATER AND AIR CONDITIONER. I would never buy another Starcraft or any other company's who uses DOMETIC. We only USED our camper for 6 months a total of 50 TIMES and I have had 2 issues.
- Jodi Melillo, Pennsylvania

2020-05-19 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 260HR View Listings

My experience so far with Starcraft Warranty/Support is terrible. Our story, we bought our camper in September 2018, at the end of the season in ND. May of 2019 we used our camper for the first time on Memorial weekend. I was put into the hospital that following Tuesday for High Risk pregnancy and i did not leave the hospital until Aug 18th, so that would be the only time we used our cmaper, a total of 8 hours of drive time, 1 1/2 hours of that is to and from the dealer. We took it in for a recall in April, and on our way to the dealership I noticed that siding was blown out, we pulled over and it went in a little, we continued to drive and it popped out again. We were told it had a two year warranty at the dealership. It has been at the dealership for over a month and they tell us it that it is out of warranty and that the siding is not considered structural. Obliviously your craftsman ship is horrible. There should be no charge for something your untalented employee put together. The dealer tells us that they charge $149.00 per hour and that it is a 10 hour job, so we would be looking at another $1600 dollars to fix it. It is pretty sad that we had a 1970's statecraft pop up that was in perfect shape and everything worked, we should have kept that. Clearly it is the craftsmanship of your team. You should be ashamed that your quality went down the drain, and that you do not take credit that it was your fault, and not make things right. WE Will Never Buy Your Product Again...
- Shelly Rodriguez, North Dakota

2020-02-09 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 339BHTS View Listings

I love the floor plan. But i think we have a lemon. When we picked it up the battery was dead. The DVD player didn't work installed a different one it doesn't work either. This year the kitchen side quit working. The furnance quit working. The air conditioner quit. And now the shower drain disconnected and flooded the underside of the camper. One wall has come loose and spots of the floor are loose. We are currently working with Camping World to fix the flooded underbelly but what a nightmare to work with those folk. I really dont want a different camper. To date the furnance, slide and air conditioner are fixed. The flooded underbelly is not and i am afraid of mold developing. This will be a major issue since i have asthma.
- Deborah Thompson, Maine

2019-11-10 2017 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU View Listings

We bought this new the end of 2016. Within 5 months the water heater quit working. Camping World didn't fix it while they had it and I contacted the company for help. Someone called back and said they would help and that was the last I heard. Today my husband noticed that one side of the main slide-out floor was rotten on the bottom and coming loose. 3 years and this should not be happening. We have had so many issues with moisture build-up that we took out the banquets and the cupboards in the bedroom. This is with the use of a large dehumidifier. There was also a huge problem with mold in the storage area. The furnace won't ignite now just as it is starting to get cold. Window valances coming loose, crappy laminate on counters coming up, etc. etc. This is our 3rd RV and we will never buy another one from this company.
- Susan, North Carolina

2019-10-13 2019 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 21FB View Listings

We purchased our Starcraft this season after our Viking was totaled by a falling tree. We had enjoyed the Viking and were looking for the same layout (Front queen, couch and dinette rear) since that had worked so well for us. Although it's essentially the same floorplan, we think the Viking was more livable. The Starcraft has a wider "hallway", but at the expense of the bathroom. It's tiny and the vanity is small. Also, there's plenty of room for a larger medicine cabinet, but they put a small one in. We'll be adding shelf space ourselves. The Starcraft also has an extra window in the bedroom for decent cross ventilation (we're not big on AC), but with this little perk, it's at the expense of counter space in the kitchen. There's a whopping 11 inches. If it had come with a cover for the stovetop to improve counter space that would help. That's another thing we'll be adding ourselves. The Starcraft does have an oven if you like that sort of thing. But I personally think it's a waste of space. I never use it to cook. The bedroom closets are a little too short, heightwise. My shirts and jackets *just* fit. This seems to be another shortcoming that happened because they "improved" something else. There is plenty of nightstand area, but I think I prefer the taller closet. The bed is a pain to make either way. In comparison to our Viking the Starcraft is short on storage overall inside. I think the storage compartment up front might be slightly larger, and it has a light. As for quality of the construction, I have no complaints yet. Hooking up and towing are working as expected, so no complaints there either. Overall, the Starcraft is fine, but the short storage and close bathroom quarters could be greatly improved. I gave it five stars on the factory support, but as of now it should be an N/A since we haven't had an issue to report.
- MPB, Michigan

2019-08-11 2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 265RLS View Listings

Purchased the trailer new in 2016. Have taken 6 short trips in it. Second trip the bottom underpinning blew off while towing (along with all insulation). Trip 6, the roof membrane peeled off from the front all the way to the back while towing causing 7K in damage, there was NO PRIOR damage to the roof. Contacted Starcraft and they refused to cover because it was out of warranty. RV repair company said this is typical of this roofing and they no longer sell Starcraft because of Starcrafts warranty support (or rather lack of)
- James, Texas

2019-06-17 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 451 View Listings

We bought a 2018 StarCraft Autumn Ridge Bunk house at the end of March 2018, on the way home from the dealership the trim fell off and the plastic trim around the table keeps coming off, the dealer told us this is common for any camper, the outside sink would not drain and we found out that the drain was not put in at the factory, the trim on the inside of the slide outs was missing except for one piece and it was just dangling. The first year this camper was at the dealership most of the time getting fixed so we only got to go camping 3 times. It is now June 2019 and we took it camping for the first time since getting it back from the dealership again, the air conditioner is not working, the slide out seals on the outside are coming apart and the microwave door switch is sticking, it takes several times to get the door open, needless to say we are very disappointed in the quality and craftmanship of this camper and will NEVER buy this brand again. I think it is important to say this camper was stored under a awning all winter so was not out in the weather.
- Elizabeth Fields, Oklahoma

2019-06-07 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 18BHS View Listings

Bought this new last spring. First trip out stabilizing jack broke. Second time out about a 300 mile tow, water leak when hooked up city water turned out a fitting was loose from the factory. And when arrived home the microwave was was almost out of the wall. In the time we have had this we have had 3 hacks break, 3 water leaks including the water heater. Tv antenna had the be replaced. Something is draining the battery from m a full charge to dead in about 3 weeks of no use. In short would not recommend at all.
- George Parsley , Indiana

2019-05-10 2019 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 21RBS View Listings

Our dealership had us do a walk-through on the day we picked it up. They even showed me how to connect the RV to my truck. I'm not crazy about the plastic sinks but will change them out at some point. The trailer setup easy enough and leveling was straight forward. I would recommend the Starcraft to anyone who doesn't want a large travel trailer.
- David Rahn, Colorado

2019-02-11 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 282BH View Listings

We purchased a new 2018 Starcraft in May 2018 from RV dealer in Fletcher NC. We are completely disappointed in the camper’s quality and soundness as well as the manufacturer’s unwillingness to stand behind their product. Our camper has been in the dealer’s repair facility for 5 months of the 9 months we’ve owned this unit. We have owned 4 campers over the last 20+ years and have never been faced with such issues even when we purchased a preowned camper. Specific repairs include: Faulty wiring on the control panel, water pump wiring improperly installed, warped door for outdoor kitchen, thermostat has been replaced 3 times! While camping in the heat of summer, I replaced the thermostat as the local dealership repair facility advised “3 weeks before we can look at it”... now Starcraft has advised the WARRANTY IS VOID!!! Our most concerning issue has been screws that secure the subflooring to the camper frame are backing out causing the vinyl flooring to buckle and tear. The manufacturer has delayed the repair by sending in a ‘flooring specialist’ to review the floor. This defect most likely impacts not only the interior appearance but the soundness of the campers structural integrity. Starcraft has advised they will ‘patch’ only the damaged vinyl area, will not address any raised areas and stated ‘it’s just sub flooring!’ Shower surround has damage from screws from the camper frame piercing the surround, leaving a ‘rust ring’ and ultimately allowing water to seep into the wall. Shower faucet leaks inside the shower surround resulting in a ‘river’ of water in the floor. Buyer beware! I cannot recommend Starcraft as their workmanship, customer service and warranty practices are all indicative of a company with no regard for quality, reputation or integrity.
- Kenneth Best, North Carolina

2019-02-08 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 26BH View Listings

We purchased this trailer in April 2017 (yes an early 2018 model). The trailer is very livable, suits our camping needs perfectly. We are a family of four and find the floor plan works very well, two bunks and a couch that is comfortable. The quality of the construction is another matter. It’s poor. Since having this trailer, the back side siding has come undone (all of it conveniently 4 months after the warranty) and being that it is siding it’s not considered structural. Starcraft and Thor industries customer service handled our quest as flippant and treated us as imbeciles with petty requests. One of the three customer service agents I spoke with called it “absurd” that they would stand behind a product like siding because it’s cosmetic. (It’s cosmetic until it comes of and insulation is strewn about the highway or water enters the frame.) So there is an extra 4K added onto the price. After 6 months of ownership, the shore power plug shorted. During repair the technician showed me where the factory had not inserted the wires completely and not properly tightened the fixture. 11 months after purchase the power awning switch stopped working, once again it was simply poor installation. The fix was reinstalling the switch. Inside the lavatory, the paneling has come off and the shower head split down the middle, all requiring replacement. In summation, the trailer is very livable as long as you don’t mind spending an extra 6k every two years to fix the poor quality. The treatment we have received from Starcraft and Thor has ensured that the next RV we purchase will be from any manufacturer other than a Thor industry unit.
- Jeremy, Oklahoma

2018-12-18 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 339BHTS View Listings

This review is based upon our own personal experiences. Each unit is built uniquely, and your experiences may differ from ours. With that said.. onto our review! We purchased our New 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 339BHTS from a dealership in May 2018 and took delivery June 2018. We started using it July 2018. We liked this unit because it was the largest TT Starcraft built with 3 slideouts. It has 3 bunks for our kids in their own room. Their own dinette that is great for a computer desk for both of them. I thought I would like the center island in the kitchen, however after using it for 6 months, I'm seeing it's not that practical for our family. I'd wrather a more open floor plan, but the counter space is nice. The bedroom is a bit tight. We removed the factory mattress and bought a more comfortable one. The couch folds out to a full size bed. The dinette turns into a bed as well. You could sleep 9 comfortably. Love the outdoor kitchen area. I just wish it was a little taller to allow for a larger refrigerator, but we would lose bunkspace for the kids, so it's a give and take issue. The pantry is pretty large for pleanty of storage; but you know you can never have enough storage. Lol I wish there were cabinets above the couch and dinette for more. Now for the real deal.... ISSUES... After only a month of using our brand new Travel Trailer,our AC unit had issues to where we had noticed the AC turns off and on pretty quickly in such a short amount of time set on the AUTO setting. The AC is quite loud too. One day we noticed a strong smell of burning wires coming from the AC vents! We turned the AC unit off (not willingly because we are in Florida in July and August!) We called our dealer and had a tech look at it. The wires were improperly installed from the manufacturer and caught fire. The circuit breaker for the AC unit had to be replaced due to the fact that it didnt trip off completely with the AC wire fire. Then we noticed the refrigerator wasn't keeping cold. The refrigerator is built into the slide out. They didnt put a bevel inside to circulate the heat better, so they had to build one. I also had put a fan in to help circulate it as well. We have noticed the wood work is coming apart at the bench and slideouts. A couple tap lights needed to be replaced because they came apart. The outdoor kitchen door wouldn't line up to close properly. That had to be adjusted. We noticed the decals on the exterior are bubbling off.The sensors on the black and grey tanks aren't accurate anymore. We empty the tanks and still read full. The worst part is that we are 6 months into owning this and the technician noticed the screws are backing out of the roof, and the seams and sealants on the roof were having issues; so much so Starcraft just approved a whole new roof! Thankfully all these issues are covered under warranty. It's just been a big inconvenience with all these problems and the time it is taking to repair these issues. ( which we are still waiting on) I'll update later on to let you know how we made out.
- Wendy C., Florida

2018-09-01 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 17RD View Listings

Bought this 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 17rd from Kimble Rv in Coldwater Michigan. A very nice unit that is easy to tow. The fit and finish, and overall quality is good. Service from Kimble has been fantastic with all questions expertly answered, and with a very thorough review of all systems before towing away. Very pleased. Highly recommend Kimble RV.
- Phil Hitchcock , Michigan

2018-08-11 2013 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 235FB View Listings

The axle bent in 2017 and destroyed 4 tires. I had the axle straighten costed me $400. Now the siding is bungling on the driver side and god knows how much that will cost. When I use my air conditioner I can not use the micowave or it will trip all my breakers and once we had to pull the circuit breaker all the way out while on vacation. No local rv dealer had parts so I had no electric in 100 degree heat. This camper is a piece of s%$t. The tub leaked and the kitchen faucet leaked. I HATE this damn camper. The awning tore and I only used it about 10 times. Do you want this damn lemon?
- Wayne, Virginia

2018-08-11 2013 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 235FB View Listings

The axle bent in 2017 and destroyed 4 tires. I had the axle straighten costed me $400. Now the siding is bungling on the driver side and god knows how much that will cost. When I use my air conditioner I can not use the micowave or it will trip all my breakers and once we had to pull the circuit breaker all the way out while on vacation. No local rv dealer had parts so I had no electric in 100 degree heat. This camper is a POS. The tub leaked and the kitchen faucet leaked. I HATE this damn camper. The awning tore and I only used it about 10 times. Do you want this damn lemon?
- Wayne, Virginia

2018-04-11 2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU View Listings

This unit features double slides, double doors, bunks for the kids, an outside kitchen, and sleeping space for 10! There is a front bedroom with queen size bed including dual wardrobes, and an overhead cabinet. The living area features a sleeper sofa and u-shaped dinette slide. Both can be used for additional sleeping space when needed, and there is plenty of seating during daytime hours for meals or just hanging out. The entertainment center nearby can easily be viewed from any seating in the room. Super spacious family trailer!
- Heidi Castro, California

2017-11-13 2011 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 278BH View Listings

The price was solid for what you get and the quality was reasonable. I paid $12,999 plus the ridiculous "safety inspection fee" from General RV in Michigan. Total out the door was about $14,500 or so brand new. The passenger side interior wall closest to the bedroom began to bow after the first season, and there was an unidentified leak, could have been window or roof, but it was close to this same wall by the fourth season. I maintained the roof each year, so I think it may have been the window. The exterior seemed to fade and rust a bit sooner than I would have expected, later second or early third season. Overall, I liked the camper.
- Edward, Michigan

2017-10-08 2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU View Listings

We bought our trailer new in Sept./2015 and took one trip from Edmonton to Waterton National Park. The dealer advised us on how many chain links to tighten the load-leveler bars for maximum safe performance. On tight turns in Waterton the brackets for these bars moved 6 inches on both sides stripping the paint off the frame! We got back to Edmonton and the main living room slide had bent the aluminum siding because it was not closing properly. It took the dealer all summer to get the siding shipped to Canada. We were happy the work was done well under warranty. We had the left-rear tire lose all its outside tread in under 2 months of highway driving(cheap Chinese tires are just no good). This summer all 4 wheels had the wheel bearing axle seals burst - got a $1200 bill for the repair and discovered our extended warranty that cost us several thousand dollars would not cover the cost even though this was proven to be an issue from the factory for over-lubricating the bearings. We also have a 1978 29-foot Prowler and we have the bearings repacked every 2 years and have the trailer safety-certified for our own peace of mind. Not once has there been any issues with the bearings or the tires. This past Spring we were camping in Jasper- the nighttime temperature was below freezing and the first night out we lost the use of our refrigerator and more importantly the furnace too. When we returned to Edmonton 4 frozen days later we went to a different brand dealer who has done good work for us on the old Prowler and for $200 and a thorough wiring check of the entire electrical system discovered the 2 wires on the same circuit on the back side of the main fuse panel had only 2 strands of wire that had burned out and that had also burned the plastic shielding surrounding them. He not only replaced this wiring - he did a thorough check of all systems on the trailer and certified it safe. We have had no further problems since and will be returning to this RV dealer in Spruce Grove again for any further work. We are slowly getting rid of the bugaboos from this trailer-some of it is shoddy workmanship at the factory-some of it is shoddy original parts. When the Prowler was made in 1978 it was American-built with all American parts and was built to last and has done so very well. Sadly a new trailer built in the USA today means simply that it is assembled in the USA from parts sourced out to the cheapest supplier world-wide.
- Ron Blundell, Alberta

2017-09-17 2017 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 315RKS View Listings

We bought this in March this year. We've had 6 leaks already and now all of the insulation under the floor is sopping wet. Can't wait to get rid of this albatross and hope we we can get a decent trade in value. It won't be another Starcraft!!
- Mary Barnes, Arizona

2017-07-23 2017 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 339BHTS View Listings

The worst experience so far. I have owned my Starcraft autumn for 2months after two weeks we discovered that all the plumbing was leaking . We have it at a permanent site. Which the dealer knew so we bought insurance , so they would come to us for a hundred down deductible. Then the insurance says they have to have estimates to decide to cover it. Mind you the warranty still apples cause we had only had it for two weeks. Since then there is another leak so we've already had someone come once for a hundred and now we need them a gain in a two week span. One week and the faucet is not working you should be able to switch from sprinkle to regular flow now it just stays on sprinkle. The first week we had it we discovered several workmanship defects. Burea in bunk room the shelving was screwed on wron and went up right through the shelf. The molding around the bathroom door was coming off the screen door into camper , the handle screws are stripped (came that way). So handle does not stay on. The brass knobs for the doors flew off a screw came out of the window sash. The foam insulation that expands expanded so much that it is bulging out of the seam near the hitch. My grandsons discovered this. Mind you this is only two months ownership. I bought this brand new off the lot. Don't do it. Once purchased no one cares and the company obviously doesn't care. I've tried to reach out but nothing. Oh and the DVD and sound system is wired incorrectly, after going on line to figure how to fix it, it's actually been an ongoing experience by all for years. It seems it's wired wrong at manufacturing, is an ongoing problem but no. One cares cause it still is wired wrong and you have to fix it.
- Antoinette Cameron, New Hampshire

2016-04-30 2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 346RESA View Listings

I have a 2014 autumn ridge 346resa. For the most part, I have been tickled with how the trailer has performed. I even had the dealership install a second air conditioner in the bedroom for camping in the south in the summer. The build quality is good. I opted for more living space rather than lots of sleeping area since its usually just me my wife on the road. It has 3 slides and plenty of room. My only complaint was like someone else stated, the tires are to light for the trailer. The trailer comes in at just over 10,700lbs loaded. I have had 2 blowouts with the factory tires so far that caused minor damage to the trailer. They always looked low and bulged like they were even when at 65lbs which is the max on the tires. I have since upgraded to load range e tires and they hold the trailer a lot better and Im sure will help control sway even more.
- Samuel, Oklahoma