Starcraft AR-ONE Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (24)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Starcraft AR-ONE Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Lori hagen-pack from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Starcraft AR-ONE 25BHS View Listings

I bought a 25ft bunkhouse , when you are looking at a band new trailer I was looking at the functionality of it asking myself will this work for my family not defects. Well once we got it home and I started loading my things back in from my other Trailer the nightmare began. The factory defects were through the roof and these were things that I saw once it was home not mentioning the things I couldn't see. so I called and talk to the manager and asked that it be exchanged for another of the same. It's been over a month now and with no results and now I've tried calling starcraft rv 3 times to get the same results, their customer service has been no different. I'm definitely moving forward an calling all news stations, posting my experience on all social media and let my story be told maybe then I can get their attention . After making payments on such a large ticket item like this and can't even use it is ridiculous.
- Lori hagen-pack, California

2020-10-01 2015 Starcraft AR-ONE 18QB View Listings

Overall not a bad camper. The issue I would like to discuss is how to prevent mice from getting in? When they build the RV to put in plumbing, heating etc they oversize the holes and how mice are getting in. As they are building the RV unit it is easy at that stage to apply rodent proof spray foam installation to prevent mice from getting in. I just found another hole they were getting in and it was at the heater unit, had to remove the sofa and heater cover. I would have never known it was there unless I took it apart. I don’t know about anyone else but rodent droppings are disgusting and they can do a lot of internal damage. There is no reason in my opinion that they are not able to correct this issue. Sent the manufacturer the same feedback and waiting for a reply. We pay a lot of money for a new camper and it should be rodent free. I have pictures but I don’t think I am able to post them here.
- Dominic Alonzi, Ontario

2020-08-09 2016 Starcraft AR-ONE 18QB View Listings

I'm not liking the step up in the tub/shower.I wish they only had a shower.feels to soft.Miss having a sink would give up part of the closet to have sink... No closet rods in the other two closets.so all you can do is stack clothes. Had to flip the bed lifts to get it to stay up. Then discovered the bed pulled away from the wall,the framing screws were to small... Now a problem with the siding that it has buldge in one spot.I know its not from leaking it does not leak..nor can I afford to fix this or fix it on my own..So really check them out.before buying.
- Ann Pederson, Arizona

2020-01-16 2018 Starcraft AR-ONE AR15RB View Listings

My experience with this RV has been very positive. It is the perfect size for a couple to get away in. It tows very well with an SUV and the fact that it includes an anti sway stabilizing system makes driving with it a pleasure. Very easy to maneuver and back into spaces and camping pads. If it wasn't for my wife's poor health, we would be enjoying it for many years to come.
- John Timper, Georgia

2019-10-16 2014 Starcraft AR-ONE 15RB View Listings

The StarCraft AR-One 15RB is a great size camper for a couple or small family who wants a convenient easy setup and go. Camper fits easily in small to large size campsites. The screened in sleep area is especially nice for fresh air sleeping.
- Amy, Florida

2019-09-19 2015 Starcraft AR-ONE 17RD View Listings

I currently do not own a Grand Design travel trailer. I just want to express my aggravation of being in a seasonal camp site next to one. The high motor noise from the refrigerator is terrible! Makes it unpleasant to sit outside.
- Ronald Moseley , Georgia

2019-09-04 2015 Starcraft AR-ONE 14RB View Listings

This little Couples coach has all the amenities needed for two ! I have enjoyed the space and the full Bath , this does not have a wet bath . This unit is easy to tow and park .Everything is working great .We love it !
- Robert J Polce, Ohio

2019-08-18 2017 Starcraft AR-ONE 14RB View Listings

There are many small 7'x14' floor plan out there....but the best feature of the 14RB was the layout You never feel confined. It will sleep two in the bed and one on the couch. I have slept on the couch and it was fine. There are many features in this small of a camper you wouldn't expect: power awning, range hood, tub/shower combo and on mine I decided to add the power jack. This camper is a breeze to pull. It has almost everything the larger campers do.
- Michael Scott, Illinois

2019-07-25 2017 Starcraft AR-ONE 18QB View Listings

This is a great little camper. We needed something light enough to tow with our Ridgeline, and at under 4,000 pounds this filled that need. We spent 10 weeks touring, including 4 weeks stationary, and never felt cramped - very well thought-out layout and surprising storage for an 18' camper. It comes with everything you need, and everything worked without a hitch. The bathroom is pretty small and the only sink is in the kitchen but this proved to be no drawback. We added a medicine cabinet to replace the bathroom mirror and that made a big difference. There is also space to extend the bed from 'camper queen' to full queen, which proved a master stroke as I'm over 6'. The only drawback is the size of the gray water tank which is pretty limited. That's only a problem for dry camping, which is probably limited to 3 nights. The camper towed like a dream - hardly knew it was there. Used a weight distribution hitch, no anti-sway. Starcraft is made by Jayco and the quality was pretty good though the screws on some cabinet latches needed tightening/replacing. No other problems. It stayed dry in some really torrential downpours, both stationary and while towing. (Note: bought used so didn't use any warranty support.)
- Gary Michaels, Vermont

2019-07-11 2015 Starcraft AR-ONE 14RB View Listings

Very easy to tow and park anywhere. Has all the comforts for a great camping trip. 2015 Starcraft AR-ONE 14 RB Travel Trailer only 2529lbs Specifications: Front Window Booth Dinette (converts to full bed) Twin Sofa/Sleeper Rear Bath w/ Tub Surround and Commode Water Heater Front Electric Plate Furnace Hi Output Double Burner Burner Cooktop Center Kitchen w/ Stove-Micro- Fridge/Freezer TV Antenna A/C Power Awning Spare Tire A SUPER CLEAN 2015 STARCRAFT ALUMINUM SIDED 14' TRAVEL TRAILER W/ BOOTH DINETTE, REAR BATH W/ TUB.
- Fernanda Durlene , Arizona

2018-12-28 2016 Starcraft AR-ONE 18QB View Listings

I am posting a review about our 2016 starcraft AR-ONE because we love it and it is still like new in every way. It tows like a dream, everything works, it is everything we need. There is plenty of storage and the floor plan is perfect. We wanted an easy to tow trailer, aerodynamic and not too wide, as we are often towing it on back-woods roads, but not claustrophobic. Well, in this trailer, we found exactly what we wanted. Modern, open and comfortable --and so much nicer than our older one. we have owned a lot of campers; pop ups, Aliner, class B, class C and a much smaller trailer. EVERY one of them took owner maintenance and common sense care. Read the manual and follow the directions. Be willing and able to ply basic skills with calking gun and screwdriver. Be careful what you drive under. Remember that your trailer is withstanding what amounts to a constant earthquake when you are driving down the road. Things will need your attention from time to time. It doesn't mean poor workmanship, it means poor ownership. Before we looked at the AR-One, we considered a lot of trailers, used and new. We knew what we wanted, and had owned enough campers to know what we were trying to find. And when we saw it, we knew we had found our best camper yet.
- Debbie McGinn, New Mexico

2017-12-18 2016 Starcraft AR-ONE 26BHS View Listings

I usually do not write reviews, however, I do not want anyone to experience what I have been through. As soon as I pulled my camper off the lot I had to turn it in for repair. They used some "defective" adhesive on the floors, which resulted in huge bubbles that had to be cut out. The plywood under the bed was split down the middle and had to be replaced. Immediately after pick up, the front end of camper separated from the rest of the camper while pulling it. It had to be hauled to the manufacture for repair. The craftsmanship of inside trim was poor to say the least. Now I have two 20 inch bubbles on my roof which I did not see upon purchase. Of course the warranty department has denied my claim because I didn't get my roof inspected within the 1st year of purchase, even though it was caused by the defective adhesive used in the production of my camper. This camper had the potential of being fantastic. I do love the floor plan and I actually like this camper, but dealing with the problems and resistance from StarCraft warranty department and the poor craftsman ship I will never buy from this company.
- Jacob Howard, Louisiana

2017-12-13 2013 Starcraft AR-ONE 17RD View Listings

Bought new in 2013 for my wife and I. Pro's! Light, very easy to pull and pack/unpack. Adequate storage, bed is 80" long, comes pre-wired for cable or satellite hook-up. Roomy enough for 2 but gets cramped if a 3rd person is added. Cons- In the hot southern summers, the wall mounted AC struggles to maintain. With the center bath, we have to run a fan on the counter to push cool air to the bed up front. No drawer for silverware or storage. Didn't realize until later and have since added a pull drawer to the shelf atop the fridge. no storage bar to hang goods... so I added a removable to the shower area to hang clothes. The mirror should have been mounted outside the bathroom so the ladies could use the hairdryer and the mirror at the same time. Thee isn't an outlet in the bathroom. Aside from a few small cosmetic issues, its a well built trailer and we've used it a lot. We've never needed factory support. problems to be aware of? the water fill tube leaks on all these where it goes in the fresh water holding tank.. will soak the floor. I swapped the tube for a vinyl tube and radiator hose clamps. Overall, The water heater works great, the refrigerator too... the microwave is a plus... and the two burner stove is nice to have... the small sink could be bigger as I upgraded mine to a larger Stainless steel one. I've experienced 2 blow-outs on my trailer because the weight is within 10% of the tires max capacity. I now run Load range E Lite truck tires. I've also installed scissor style jacks on all four corners.
- Brad Kuhn, South Carolina

2017-08-18 2016 Starcraft AR-ONE 26HR View Listings

We absolutely love our trailer..been to Smokeys.West virginia.Michigan circle tour,the gulf coast and small get aways..We did add a solar panel to top..Minor fix on door under stove..Love it??? Highly recommend.
- Dinky, Illinois

2017-05-16 2016 Starcraft AR-ONE 15RB View Listings

So far we like the unit but theres always a but...I dont think the holding tank sensor pannel is accurate. The air conditioner is not powerful enough. The front window was leaking, and there was a crack in the skylight. They fixed the leak and the crack under warranty. Overall for the size and weight it was the best option under 3000 lbs. Which was our weight limit. Love the power awning. The design outside is very nice and modren. The pop out bed is super easy to pop out! But it is very bright when the sun comes up and the matress is only like 2 in thick for a guaranteed backache. I would only recommend this unit if your vehicle can only pull 3,000 lbs.
- Jason, Michigan

2017-05-10 2010 Starcraft AR-ONE 14RB View Listings

This Rv is loaded with stove, refrigerator, microwave, air conditioner, heater, sink, shower and tub, toilet, radio, antenna for TV, awning. Easy to pull, great size. It only weight 3,200 pounds. It has a dining table that converts to a bed. Plenty storage compartments.
- Hector V Fourquet, West Virginia

2017-03-23 2015 Starcraft AR-ONE 18QB View Listings

I have owned one since 3/2015 and the only problem has been the shocks and the frame that hold the queen bed. Very weak, make sure you have the dealer reinforce the frame since I have to take back for repairs.Also the the shelves in closet next to the door all came off in motion. Other than that i love this unit as long as two people use it. I've been to Niagara Falls and the mountains in Tennessee with a ^ cylinder Tacoma.No problem at all.
- Orlando Hernandez, Florida

2016-09-13 2014 Starcraft AR-ONE 21FB View Listings

We bought a 2014 ar1 21ft from all in all just 2 issues, small leak in front next to bed, rear jackknife bed broke.Starcrafts are still a well built camper in my opinion and I have owned many different brands
- mark. thompson, North Carolina

2016-08-31 2016 Starcraft AR-ONE 26BH View Listings

Bought my 2016 Arone max go camping the first time the front diamond plate and wood behind it pops off about 11/2 inches(the dealer said the screws they put in didn't catch anything) and the tables breaks. Then the next night the wall behind the couch popped off. Only held on by one screw. Then a month later we are traveling and a bolt comes threw the floor now it has to go back and they are replacing the entire floor. Not bad for three trips
- Carl wright, Ontario

2016-05-15 2015 Starcraft AR-ONE 18QB View Listings

I have had lots of problems with the workmanship and quality finish of base of the bed. extremely weak 2 x 4 wood frame to the point of collapsing and swinging forward when raising the bed which is quite heavy.Other than that I love the features and practicality of this model which I took all the way to the Falls in Canada last year.It had a recall for the bedroom window leaking the factory is tardy in supplying the replacing window to the field even thou it is being installed on the assembly line on different models.
- Orlando, Florida

2016-05-04 2015 Starcraft AR-ONE 17RD View Listings

Floor plan a little "tight" wish we had moved up to the 18QB. but not bad for 2 adults. Great quality with no issues so far. Tows great, lightweight. Easy to se up. Have made 3 trips so far and had no problems other than a tail light that keeps burning out.
- Hal Warren, Georgia

2016-05-01 2015 Starcraft AR-ONE 17RD View Listings

18ft, light weight, single axle, is very easy to pull with a mid size SUV or half ton pickup. Good quality for the pricing for a new one. rated to sleep 3-4, but more than 2 isn't comfortable. Great for a couple, but not practical for more than two people. After a few trips, we've decided to go larger with a 25-29ft, only because of need to have more sleeping space. This is a great starter trailer, or for a couple.
- Dale, Illinois

2015-07-11 2015 Starcraft AR-ONE 18QB View Listings

After a lengthy RV research we settled on the Starcraft brand due to it's unique roof system and quality build. We wanted to go small and maneuverable and that IT IS! We have owned longer, larger RV's both TT's & MH's and just wanted something small to hook up & unhook quickly & go. We use ours as just a mobile "hotel" anyways. It is very lite weight & towing with or without sway bars is a breeze. You forget it is behind you. It is great size for a couple or a couple and a child. I really do not have any cons for the TT itself. But personally too small for 3 adults as we have a handicapped adult child that needs more room to dress otherwise I would have given the Livability a 5 star. We just need to go a size up and with probably go with another Starcraft. These are great, small, economical campers.
- Barb Thornton, Arkansas

2014-12-17 2012 Starcraft AR-ONE 14RB View Listings

Perfect for 2 adults and1child. Light weight and easy to tow.
- Edward Whitt , Maryland