Safari Zanzibar Reviews on RV Insider (10)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Safari Zanzibar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mike from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2001 Safari Zanzibar 3896 View Listings

This is a great motor home. 330 hp cat motor 6 speed Alison Transmision. Only 13,175 miles on motor. Onan 7.5 diesel generator with a 160 hr. Runs and drives great. Beautiful inside with two slides very comfortable for two to live in will sleep four.
- Mike, California

2020-07-08 2001 Safari Zanzibar 3896 View Listings

Very happy with the Safari. Still a good motor home after all these years. Lots of power in the diesel engine runs great, comfortable floor plan, beautiful wood cabinets, lots of mirrors, top of the line when new.
- James, New York

2020-02-23 2000 Safari Zanzibar 3896 View Listings

I've been looking for a safari motorhome for awhile and as I was planning a trip to the west coast to pick one up and drive one back I found one 70 miles from me. For some reason I like aluminum sidewalls. I contacted the dealership thay had nothing good to say other than hand it was a diesel pusher for a good Price. It is 18k nada in good condition is 21500 so it's worth taking a look at. So I've done alot of research in the past years I don't need alot of help. I got a slow day at work and decided to go take a look in my work clothes and work truck. Pulled up got zero help keys are in it go check it out. Checked it out found old maintenance records. Was told the interior was warn, I'm good with interiors no big deal. Warn is an understatement. Water damage on and around the slideout by the shower and front door, refrigerator was closed when wet and smelled like death. I can overlook this I know how to fix this. I didn't like the response I got from showing up in my work truck so I decided to drive it again. Showed up the gentleman I was talking to on the phone said he was going to lunch and walked away, still a good deal the owner said he would go for a test drive with me. Motorhome ran great, went back to the dealership was immediately asked what I was doing. I told him I would give him his asking price and appropriate taxes and filling fees, but sense thay had no clue when the oil was last changed I asked them to change the oil. Thay have a repair shop should be no big deal I got a no deal please turn the key off. In my opinion I was not worth their time. I would not deal with this dealership ever.
- Mike jones, Michigan

2019-12-20 2003 Safari Zanzibar 3922 View Listings

we love this selling to health 37000 mi new tires new washer dryer never used 2 slides delamination both sides bent baggage door price reduced because of damage new tv in living room dual roof air all appliances work located in Wisconsin 60 miles north of Madison
- ed, Newfoundland and Labrador

2019-06-28 2001 Safari Zanzibar 3922 View Listings

I love this coach. So comfortable and spacious. Well built of great quality. Mine has beautiful and unique colors and has a warmth and calmness when on it. Drives and works great with durability and reliability. Nice useful ammenities. Mine is old and warranty questions don't apply but there is a great owners club for them.
- Mike Fulp, California

2018-10-28 1999 Safari Zanzibar 3876 View Listings

This RV has alot of storage space in it. The cabinets are great quality and you are able to store lots of things. The shower has a lot of room along with a bath tub. You have nice shower pressure. You can walk around the bed and do not have to crawl to get into bed. Great for the first time Rver
- Amy Acup, Texas

2018-10-17 1999 Safari Zanzibar 3876 View Listings

This RV is spacious and has alot of storage space for you to downsize your household. Great way to save money for ypur future. Nice shower pressure and spacious. Nice queen size bed with alot of storage space for your clothes.
- Amy, Texas

2017-01-05 2000 Safari Zanzibar 3837 View Listings

Livability was OUTSTANDING for us after we added the custom cabinets and Flex steel seats and bed. The quality of cabinets and fit and finish was OUTSTANDING as well. Floor plan was ideal for our lifestyle and the privacy provided with the center bath plan plus the 3 leaf table was also OUTSTANDING for the years of our ownership. It was the perfect fit for our family. The coach drove and towed like a dream. Plenty of power to tow anything from our Honda Civic to a Chrysler Town & Country minion to a full size Jeep Grand Cherokee. Support from Safari and Monaco was always OUTSTANDING.
- RONALD MARLOW, Arizona

2016-05-18 1999 Safari Zanzibar 3876 View Listings

The one mystery in placing the ad was the "pending approval". Did not know up front that it was part of the process. Unfortunately I spent quiet a bit of time trying to get the ad placed not knowing someone had to "approve" it.
- Keith Bentjen, California

2014-11-07 2002 Safari Zanzibar 3896 View Listings

I have had this safari over 8 years have used it in extreme whether conditions, in az. Co. Ut. For work and play, all systems worked very well, ac units worked flawless in tucson and phonix, at 115 degrees, heat was good in colorado at 0 degrees. Lived in the motor home for 7 years, it is very clean, wood work is almost flawless condition. Carpet is flawless. And all systems work as they should and have been maintained, this motor home did not require very many repairs, they don't make them this way any more....
- William French, California