Roadtrek Popular RVs Reviews (19)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Roadtrek Popular RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Rod Coelho from Idaho says:

Have you owned any Roadtrek Popular RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

The Dometic refrigerator was not able to keep our food under 40 degrees F in weather above 80 degrees F. I had to replace this refrigerator with a Nova Kool refrigerator that works fantastic. Every cabinet and closet door inside the RV has malfunctioned at one time or another. Had to replace all of the latches. The air conditioner failed to work in any locations with high humidity. Sewer leaks were developed in the first 10,000 miles. Had to replace all of the sewer line vales. The plastic external door trim on the bottom of the passenger door warped and pulled away from the RV body. Made the coach look cheap and demonstrated poor assembly methods. Floor in from of the sink where the shower drain is located squeaks and flexes whenever you walk on it. Very annoying. Roadtrek takes no responsibility for any of these problems nor do they have any remorce for the inconvenience and hardships caused by their poor design and installation methods.
- Rod Coelho, Idaho

2019-09-26 2009 Roadtrek Popular 170 View Listings

I have loved this Roadtrek; it is an excellent way to camp in an RV, with minimal fuss. The Roadtrek's are beautifully designed in Canada on a solid Chevy chassis, with comfort and practicality in mind. A big plus of this smallest of the fleet, is that it easily parks on the street or in the driveway, no HOA complaints (!). I am a small (5') woman of a certain age, and the van is easy to drive, handles really well -- despite the added weight of a full kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, air-conditioner, closets & storage. I have also found it NOT to be a gas guzzler, as I thought it might be.
- Peggy, Texas

2019-07-30 2009 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

Bought this used RV two years ago and enjoyed it immensely. We have been from Maine to Florida, Kentucky, and Tennessee visiting friends and seeing the sights. It is a very well built vehicle and the quality of the coach is great. The coach batteries are two years old and the chassis one is one year old. I've added a bug deflector, window shields, and a full front floor mat. This will be a great RV for someone looking for dependability and quality.
- John J McGrath, Pennsylvania

2019-07-10 2015 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

JUST A WELL THOUGHT OUT CLASS B I have no personal or business affiliation with the manufacturer of this RV, nor have I been offered any payment of incentive by such manufacturers to submit this review. My submission only discusses the RV and does not discuss other people or dealership
- MRM, Florida

2019-05-20 2009 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

Hello me look a buy the small motor Home. You have titles clear and the van is no salvage. This van camper al equipment is good, the tires is good,Me have offer ,I have $$28,000.oo USD. You ok the deal send me. Thank J-Y.
- Jean-Yves Bisson, Quebec

2019-01-17 2004 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

This wonderful Roadtrek is the third camper we bought and the best. No rattle after all these years. We have loved this camper. Hope you can enjoy it as much as we did. Easy to park downtown, sleep anywere, no need of campsite, just love it!
- Chantal Breton, Quebec

2019-01-11 2000 Roadtrek Popular 200 View Listings

I would like to thank Jason Williams for his time and making us fill comfortable with our purchas!!! He was very helpful and it was an amazing buying experience thanks again Jason we love our camper and look for to buying from you again when the time is right
- Dezarae Heavens, Washington

2018-10-14 2002 Roadtrek Popular 200 View Listings

Very comfortable to drive long distances 3 way frig. Is great Furnace a little loud but I just use a portable heater & it does the job of keeping you warm Being that it is a Chevy it’s easy to get parts
- Julie, Idaho

2018-09-17 2016 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

Beware when purchasing a “New” Roadtrek On 2/16/17 I purchased my third Roadtrek. I purchased a “NEW” 2016 Roadtrek. Popular 210 from [dealer] in Galion Ohio. The title shows a 2016 Roadtrek Popular on a 2016 Chevrolet Express G3500 chassis with 150 miles on the odometer. I paid Ohio tax on the difference between the new Roadtrek and my trade-in which is only allowed on a “new” vehicle purchase in Ohio. I had every reason to believe that I was the initial purchaser of the vehicle on 2/16/17 and I had a 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty on it. On 8/13/18 I took it to a local Chevrolet dealer for warranty repair. I was told and shown by the service manager that the warranty had expired since the warranty was activated on 8/2/15 (a year and a half before I purchased my “new” Roadtrek). I purchased it with the understanding that I had a 3 year warranty from the date of purchase. Obviously this was not the case. I think it is very deceptive practice to misrepresent the warranty.
- Gary Rusk, Ohio

2018-05-28 2014 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

This RV is for those who don't want to drive a house down the road - it's small (22 ft and you can park in just about any parking lot), compact (you can't load it up with a bunch of junk you'll never use), works wonderful for cross-country traveling, touring parks and beaches, short weekends, day trips to the beach or even driving to the grocery store. It's not something for a big family - 2 people work very well - it's easy to drive (just like driving a pickup), comfortable and has everything you need. If you plan to live in an RV, this is NOT for you. But if you just want to get out and enjoy life, consider a Roadtrek - you won't be disappointed.
- Judy Darden, Washington

2018-04-13 2010 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

i like all about it-its beautiful-little bit above my budget.it is roomy and comfortable,easy to handle,holds the road beautifully.inside set up for comfort. i love the exterior color and inside decor
- tim oneill, Massachusetts

2018-02-25 2002 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

Melted wires in breaker box. Common prob. RT blames co that made the part. RT chose wrong part for elec system. Did nothing to warn, recall or fix. Awning fell off b/c only held on w 3 pieces of tape!
- Bob, Ohio

2017-12-02 2007 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

When you want to pick up and go anywhere, anytime, this is the B class for you. Parking in a regular parking spot and completely self contained, you can stay just about anywhere. Roadtrek has the high quality finish work that has set them apart for so many years, and, made these vans so highly sought after.
- Gary Sellers, Arkansas

2016-10-28 2010 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

Carol and I just returned from a trip from Florida to Alaska for a total of 15,000 miles. It was our 1st experience in an RV. When we first started I was afraid of a breakdown. By the time we reached British Columbia, my fears were gone. This is one great vehicle. We traveled every main paved road in Alaska without a glitch. Changed the oil and put gas in, that was it. Every component of this RV worked perfect and still does. Carol and I lived, ate and slept in this vehicle for over 3 months and loved every minute of it. Why would we sell you ask? We purchased this RV to do the trip of a lifetime and we dit it. We are going to Europe next year and do a 3 month train trip. We would not think twice to take this RV on another 15,000 mi trip. Don't put your trip off any longer. Tom and carol
- Tom Buehler, Florida

2016-09-12 2010 Roadtrek Popular 210 View Listings

Just drove my Roadtrek 210 Popular from Florida to Fairbanks, Alaska. We traveled a total of 15,000 miles in 3 months. You will need a reliable RV when in Alaska, since you are alone in the wilderness with no services for hundreds of miles. No fear with the Roadtrek. No problems at all. Cleaned off the mud and it looked as good as new. My 2010 vehicle now has 92,000 miles and I would have no fear of doing it all again tomorrow.
- Tom Buehler, Florida

2015-11-14 2005 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

It is small enough to take anywhere or park anywhere that you can with a regular vehicle, but large enough to sleep, eat and have bathroom facilities. It is like driving a SUV but having the luxury of sleeping and living anywhere you happen to be, whether it is an RV park, pull off the road area, Wal-mart parking lot, or great for tailgaiting. Amazing storage. Drive a while and pull over and sleep. Never pay for motel rooms again. We had a great trip from SC to Washington, up into British Columbia, Yukon, and into Alaska and back. The way to go.
- Linda Abercrombie, South Carolina

2015-06-21 2000 Roadtrek Popular 170 View Listings

I just spent a month traveling in this RV with my sister and we traveled easily in it. There are so many features that add to your living area like pull out shelves that add to your counter spaces or underseat storage. This motorhome drives so easily that we don't have to avoid twisty roads that are not recommended for the big guys. Towing is easy, too, with the 2 inch hitch receiver.
- Ida, California

2015-03-19 2014 Roadtrek Popular 190 View Listings

Chevy chassis is rather old fashioned. Lower than expected gas mileage, ride terrible. The Roadtrek conversion is medium at best. Cabinetry low quality. Latches don't stay latched, or often don't unlatch. Cabinet interiors are unlined and add to the noisy/rattle filled coach. Upgraded to an Airstream Interstate after only eight months. The Airstream coach is an incredible upgrade in quality over the Roadtrek.
- Raleski, New Jersey

2014-12-30 2014 Roadtrek Popular 170 View Listings

I have a 40th Anniv edition. Things not working as expected. Documentation on this model very poor. Need to go to dealer to get issues resolved.
- Raleski, New Jersey