Redwood RV

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Redwood RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dissatisfied Redwood owner from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Redwood RV Redwood 3901WB View Listings

We've owned our 2017 Redwood 3901wb since January 2017. We've been able to use it a total of 6 months. Has been in the RV dealership 3 times for a total of 1 year. I have been arguing with customer service/warranty since the day we took delivery. My 1st punchlist had 46 items...the 1st few days! Took in for warranty and they fixed 6 items. Redwood did not want to cover most items. My unit is the wine bar floor plan. Wine fridge doesn't work because Redwood engineers are too stupid to realize they need to vent the fridge...as you do all refrigerators. Other items include, paint overspray all over outside, shower not caulked, wood trim on ceiling crooked, crown molding falling off, doors look like a wood butcher installed it, bedroom closet rod mounted too close to door so if you hung clothes they stuck out and you couldn't close the door. Cabinet doors and drawers installed crooked, patio awning falling off, Thomas Payne theater seating worked 1 week total...never worked after it was supposedly fixed. Cable TV won't work...supposedly there's a splitter in the ceiling in the bedroom but no one can find it. Bathroom floor is lumpy. Fireplace wires and cords show...they refuse to fix this. I could go on forever. Biggest piece of junk RV we've ever owned. Stay away from Keystone/Redwood...I wish we had. Better yet, stay away from anything parent company Thor owns. We are going to get rid of this piece of junk if we ever see it again outside of the shop.
- Dissatisfied Redwood owner , Florida

2021-10-08 2019 Redwood RV Redwood 3901WB View Listings

This RV is spacious and has a good flow to the layout. Plenty of room for all your necessities and then some. Full size fridge, island kitchen makes cooking enjoyable. Loved the colors, and the quality of the many added amenities. Upgraded RV King bed makes all the difference in the world without compromising on space. Full size shower double sinks and walk in closet all huge plusses!
- Michelle, Washington

2021-09-17 2014 Redwood RV Redwood 36RL View Listings

We purchased this new. The bedroom slide never worked correctly from day 1. The front of the slide would come out a couple inches when traveling. I took it to 3 different dealers trying to figure out what was wrong. Everyone said it was out of time and they corrected the problem. Even the factory techs told me the same thing at the Redwood rally. So last year we finally figured out the problem. It was the slide mechanism that was broke. All three slides have leaked and we spent over $21,000.00 repairing them. The company that repaired it said the the workmanship was terrible and it had been leaking for a long time. I called Redwood many times for help and they just said to take it to a dealer. Now its not their problem because its out of warranty. I told them the bedroom slide had been a problem since we bought it. They told me that I should have kept taking it back to the dealer. I told them that it has been there 6 times with the same response that it was just out of time. Bottom line is the factory people don't care and will provide NO help in trying to resolve any problems. They are way over priced for they quality that you receive. We will never own another one.
- Mark Dennis, Ohio

2021-07-28 2020 Redwood RV Redwood 4001LK View Listings

We traded our 2018 on this model and although most of this one is better there are still problems and the factory really doesn’t care after you buy it. 1st it came in with one of the decals scraped and to this day they cannot seam to send the right one to replace it it has been over 1 year 2nd the cabinet drawers in the kitchen under the microwave are put in very shoddy so they fall out of the wall, you have to take it apart and reinforce the back where the drawer slides attach to the wall 3rd we have had a leak from day 1 had it in the shop several times to have them say it does not leak yet when we take it out and it rains it leaks in the bedroom on the side of the bed. 4th the front door is crap the latch breaks all the time it is cheap and not worthy of the price you pay for this rig. You would think they could upgrade the door latch. If this is suppose to be one of the better ones they are falling a little short although they fixed a lot of the problems that the 43 ft 2018 had they still have some problems. I wish the factory would help us out because explorer USA is not and it takes forever to get parts. We are looking at getting rid of this if w cannot get. These things taken care of. P.s. do not buy the extended warranty as they lie and do not cover things nor does the 3 tear warranty that comes with it
- Cynthia culwell, Texas

2021-05-29 2012 Redwood RV Redwood RW40KB View Listings

Love this floor plan. So much storqge! The separate bathroom area is not only private but you have 3 sinks! Well insulated for privacy..love. This year model is built much better than the newer ones from my research. The grade of wood is not cheaply made!! I love my kitchen area , very spacious. Best year built in my opinion!
- Maria, Texas

2021-03-25 2020 Redwood RV Redwood 2020RL View Listings

Can't get things fix from la mesa rv. Many things wrong under warranty but hey put off. Quality is crap and sales person was not honest. When you spend 100,000 dollars for a camper you expect way better quality and service. Way to many things wrong to list. Very unhappy.
- William, Arizona

2021-03-16 2013 Redwood RV Redwood 36FL View Listings

Redwood is a top tier brand, very well made. I own a 36FL and find it very roomy due to the front living feature and enjoy the separation between living area and bedroom. I highly recommend Redwood as I have experienced very few issues as compared to another similar 5th wheel I owned prior to the Redwood.
- charlie.leverett, Texas

2021-01-15 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

As a service manager, I personally feel sorry for each and every RV owner. Specifically Redwood owners as you all were conned to the furthest extent. Sell your RV and buy a house that wont lose value. IF YOUR ON HERE TALKING ABOUT HOW BAD IT SUCKS GET RID OF IT!!!
- JB46887, New Jersey

2020-11-14 2016 Redwood RV Redwood 39MB View Listings

We've had multiple units, and this is by far the highest quality. Well made, solid materials, nice fit and finish. It was home for a year, and we could live in it longer. We love the wood cabinets, TONs of storage, large wardrobes in bedroom. Insulation and double paned windows must work, because we were always comfortable- warm in winter, cool in summer. Great way to have your home on the road.
- Ron Ludlow, Texas

2020-10-18 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

Incredible amount of storage for full time living. Pulled over 15,000 miles a year with minimal issues. Especially liked stopping power with Disc Brakes. Did not care for induction cooktop but loved residential refer. Automatic 50 amp cord reel is an outstanding feature.
- ronald_russell, Oklahoma

2020-10-11 2021 Redwood RV Redwood 3991 View Listings

I took delivery of this R/V 5th wheel in july of this year 2020. The first time I took it for a "shakedown" cruise was September. It can only be considered a disaster right off. The first time I opened the slide's of which four are hydraulic and one bedroom electric this brand new unit that was ordered with every conceivable option offered. Broke wood in four places!! Not at all what I expected. I traveled from a suburb of Philadelphia too New Hampshire. I stayed in the unit eight nights and left for a couple week's to go back home to tend to some personal issues. Upon returning in daylight the first thing I noticed was insulation laying atop the axel's. Apparently the island has leaks in the sink or dishwasher or both. My daughter who lives up that way came over to dinner at which time I pointed out the damage that ocured upon opening it. She was quick to point out the island base was also broken and cracked. Later on this three night visit before bringing this back home I opened the pass through which while where the water hose was fitted was dry however the storage had been flooding causing screws to "pop" loose as the wood is water logged and now rotted. Of the service centers (3) that were close by. Within 100 miles upon calling for help the first question asked by all is "did you buy it here". When making the decision to buy one of the most feel good things were that with over 500 service centers your never more than around the corner for service. This is a blatant lie as once they know you didn't buy from them it's "maybe next year we can get you in!!! 500 service centers turns out to be the one I bought it through and having paid for this in full R/V wholesalers made threats against my wellbeing and I had to call 911 both to get it out of there but to do so without being shot to death. I studyed for five years before deciding on the RedWood and after countless R/V shows made the choice to buy the RedWood. A decission I have already come to regret. The number of items wrong with this is far too much to list yet of those 500 service centers they are useless to the consumer. So much for that feel good to know about their being Johnny on the spot!!! I just have to add the following from an ironic sense of humor point of view. This company that makes eight brands in all miss labeled the black and two gray water tanks and the techincal support team has no idea which is which. Yup I doubt anyone of this crackerjack team have ever even been in what as a consumer was looking for help with!!! Not within an exception was this team capable of providing the most simpel answer having to do with any concern I had. Any question's I had. Nothing at all.!!! Honestly not only this group of kids but far worse the manufacturing devision could tell me what was black/gray of the three tanks as two were labeled black and one gray and all were WRONG!!!! how is this even possible?? There are common seense items such as where you opperate the front lift to aligne with the hitch your too far back to somuch as see where you are with respect to attaching the hitch. You must do this blind and in the dark!!! I mean holy (#@
- Alfred Dark, Pennsylvania

2020-09-28 2019 Redwood RV Redwood 3881ES View Listings

The manufacture of this brand taught luxury and the utmost attention to detail. The unit I purchased is so far below any sub-standard quality standard. The unit has been in the repair facility for 60 days with the last 30 days at the manufactures place. The tv is crooked the manufactures answer said will it is an RV. The leveling system has a known defect that the leveling systems bleeds of and snaps crackles and pop and I was told to go buy motorcycle fork oil. The slides need to be screened do to the lookout and see light. The wood quality is sub-par compared to a pop-up camper or 2 man tent. Shelly Zartman, with Keystone, is a customer service manager called a mobile repair service in January do to leveling system failure and said I would need to pay and I would be reimbursed. I sent the receipts via email in early February and the end of May had not been reimbursed I sent an email asking for the payment and received a response they were shut down March 23rd due to the COVD-19 crisis. I then received a check for less than I paid the repair service and found out she thought the fee was too high. The RV dealers charge $155.00 per the mobile service charges $158.00 an hour. I would avoid this brand at all costs. I was told by Shelly Zartman, will it is an RV and does go down the road at hurricane-force wind speed (so does my tow vehicle). Excuse after excuse and no solutions from a business in the RV industry. The unit had many pieces of missing trim incorrect leveling system operating stickers and on and on. My advice is I would avoid this brand at all costs until the quality is a priority to the manufacture. Until that happens its a 55 MPH as it looks good at 55 but not parked and you look at it.
- David Brice, Missouri

2020-09-15 2020 Redwood RV Redwood 2020RL View Listings

So glad we got this one very few problems the rv is almost perfect it’s the dealer that is the problem and as far as the manufactures warrantee it’s a joke thank god we bought the extended warrantee As for the rv kitchen is outstanding love the over sized oven and 4 burner cook top and lots of counter space so far nothing has fallen off while traveling as it did with our 2018 redwood 5th wheel the master bath on this one is amazing shower has plenty of pressure and I have waist length hair that is thick and it rinses it fine master closet it huge all in all I recommend this rv over any other I just love it
- Cynthia culwell, Texas

2020-08-12 2012 Redwood RV Redwood 36RE View Listings

Great RV for a full-time couple. This RV has all the anticipated amenities for staying in it full time. It pulls great, functions well, and has been a great unit all around. It provides comfort in many ways, comfortable to sit in, comfort in temperature, comfort in using it, and comfort to sleep in.
- John Gosford, Maryland

2020-07-21 2020 Redwood RV Redwood 2020RL View Listings

My Wife and I recently bought a new redwood 3901 from RVone in Ft. Myers Fl. Though the unit is a beautiful 5th wheel, the people we bought it from are an absolute horror who should never be able to represent the Thor name in any capacity. There were several things wrong with it before it ever left the lot. Their promises to repair these items were never performed until I wrote poor reviews and wrote to the better business bureau. And then only enough items were repaired to be able to report to the BBB. that they sent someone over. I can go over everything, but im tired and have a total loss of faith in the RV industry. I will not say "don't buy a redwood or Thor product". I will say be very very careful who you buy any kind of RV. From. DO your homework. Take your time. DO NOT take delivery until you are 100% certain everything is working. EVERYTHING!!!
- Chrwoll, Florida

2020-07-14 2012 Redwood RV Redwood RW36FL View Listings

This is not my first r.v but sure is the best built and luxurious. It is home at times not a weekly set up. Best quality and craftmanship and longevity. Have not had a problem in the few years i have owned and stayed at times of duration. Am buying a home so I have no need for this any longer this is the only reason I am wanting to sell. Beautiful on inside and out a must to see.
- Dawn bartlett, Oklahoma

2020-07-07 2012 Redwood RV Redwood 36RL View Listings

Our fifth wheel is a 2012 unit and we bought it used 3 years ago. Lived full time in this RV for 3 years in Ontario and Arizona, still do. Great floor layout. Lots of storage. Even has a coat closet by door. Don’t see that very often. No major maintenance problems during our tenure except had to replace Suburban water heater that sprung a leak. Dual 15,000 btu air conditioners keep us cool on the hottest days, even in AZ. Love the dual power fridge/freezer, built in dishwasher, large pantry and spacious interior. Love this more than the Newmar Mountainaire we originally bought and lived in for 4 years as full time RVrs.
- Rick Walker , Ontario

2020-05-29 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 39MB View Listings

I drove from Mississippi to St Augustine Florida to by this Redwood at a reduced price. Pulled it back to Mississippi and have been living in it for a week now. Just love it and so far everything seems to be working fine. Love the extra bathroom for my husband 😁 and the large and roomy shower 🚿. Thanks to the sellers for passing on a beautiful home 💝💝
- Matt Grant, Mississippi

2020-04-09 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

Great floor plan, quality molding and build quality. No major problems. Wiring issue with one bedroom light switch shorting out basement light fuse. Added a Magnum Energy MSH-3000 and 450ah battery bank. The axles are only 7k rated and the RV tops at 16k so the suspension is weak. Would recommend upgrading if you travel on bumpy roads as the wet bolts and brackets holding the axle to the frame can break off. Otherwise I enjoy living in it and having the load support feature of the Magnum inverter so I can hook up to a15amp plug and still run my ACs. Water freezes when below 20f, - even with heat on and a warm basement so not fully “4 season” out of the box. Would still recommend at a discounted price, not at 119k.
- Curt Haedke, Connecticut

2020-03-18 2019 Redwood RV Redwood 3901MB View Listings

This is the prettiest 5th wheel we have ever seen. It's gorgeous inside with high ceilings and plenty of room. It's too big for us but it's spectacular! King size bed, washer/dryer, dishwasher, all the bells and whistles you would ever want or need.
- Lori Kattner, North Carolina

2020-03-07 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

This is a product review about the Thor brand(s) Thor owns many brands including Crossroads, Keystone, Jayco, Starcraft, KZ and more. Our $127,000 MSRP Thor Redwood camper that first went into service 5-1-16 had several serious issues. The most recent that was just out of the warranty period and not covered was a $4,000 floor rot repair that they could not ascertain how it happened. They did cover the following during the warranty period, but did nothing for the inconvenience or the cost involved for travel or lodging. Asking them directly several times to answer this question, Neither the dealer or Thor industries would tell me “this many problems was rare or unacceptable.” -brakes on this 16,000 LB unit, failed 4 separate times. 3 of the times were shortly after I paid the dealer to inspect them. All recommended maintenance was done, mostly by their dealers -many different plumbing leaks/failures including raw sewage leaking into the underside wrap -tire sidewalls cracked after less than 2 years. Mfg. paid half. -4 separate slide out failures including motor replacement. -several pieces of trim fell off -shower floor cracked twice -toilet had to be replaced just out of warranty. -tank level sensors never worked -several door latches, window and shade hardware, wiring and lighting, etc., failed. Carpet had to be re-installed -We no longer feel confident to take this trailer anywhere due to the never ending problems.
- Randy Johnson, Georgia

2020-03-05 2012 Redwood RV Redwood 36RL View Listings

We have had our Redwood since it was new and have enjoyed it immensely! We've had a few issues, but we have always been able to work them out thru Redwood. We highly recommend Redwood and would definitely purchase one again!
- Chris & Marsha Baumann, Texas

2020-01-21 2016 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

This is a product review about a brand this dealer carries, not a Dealer review. Thor owns many brands including Keystone, Jayco, Starcraft, KZ and more. Our $127,000 MSRP Redwood camper that first went into service 5-1-16 had several serious issues. The most recent that was just out of the warranty period and not covered was a $4,000 floor rot repair that they could not ascertain how it happened. They did cover the following during the warranty period, but did nothing for the inconvenience or the cost involved for travel or lodging. Asking them directly several times to answer this question, Neither the dealer or Thor industries would tell me “this many problems was rare or unacceptable.” -brakes on this 16,000 LB unit, failed 4 separate times. 3 of the times were shortly after I paid dealer to inspect them. All recommended maintenance was done, mostly by their dealers -many different plumbing leaks/failures including raw sewage leaking into the underside wrap -tire sidewalls cracked after less than 2 years. Mfg. paid half. -4 separate slide out failures including motor replacement. -several pieces of trim fell off -shower floor cracked twice -toilet had to be replaced just out of warranty. -tank level sensors never worked -several door latches, window and shade hardware, wiring and lighting, etc., failed. Carpet had to be re-installed -We no longer feel confident to take this trailer anywhere due to the never ending problems.
- Randy Johnson, Florida

2020-01-04 2018 Redwood RV Redwood 3901MB View Listings

We love the floor plan but the quality of fit and finish is poor. Trim falling off, walls in mid bath pulling away from stud. Tiles falling off. Disgusting given the amount of money we paid. So disappointed.
- Larry Sloan, Arizona

2019-11-24 2018 Redwood RV Redwood 3401RL View Listings

We've owned this RV for a little over 2 years and have lived in it for most of that time. It's been the experience of a lifetime seeing America post retirement. Now we are settling in South Florida to take care of relatives. The RV, known to us as Mrs. Smith, has been a joy. It is spacious and wonderfully built. It's fun to show off. People come in and think it's spectacular. The giant TV, refrigerator and fireplace make it so homey. And then there's the king sized bed. That's bigger than the bed we had in our house. There's tons of storage. Three sources of heat and plenty of cooling power. We need to say goodbye to this girl and are not trying to make any money on her. Come get her and fall in love as we did.
- Michael Romaner, Florida